Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Austere
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Unknown Regions » Austere
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Michael Harrison
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, August 26th 2009 05:33pm    Post subject: Austere

Not long, I know, but it's all I could come up with, with my week I've been having, I'm glad I can even come up with a post for him :D

Specs:
Quote:

Make: Revenge-class
Manufacturer: True Empire
Designation: Command Ship

Description: http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/orrioncarn/Austere.png

Length: 4,000 meters
Width: 3,400 meters
Height: 1,600 meters
Mass: 1,125,000,000 tons

Skeleton Crew: 12,500
Crew: 92,715
Consumables: 5 Years
Cargo Capacity: 90,000 metric tons
Troops: 24,250 troops
Vehicles: 50 AT-ATs, 75 AT-STs, plus various speeders, assault units, and artillery pieces
Fighters: 3 Imperial Wings (18 Squadrons)
Support Craft: 20 Lambda Shuttles, 40 Troop Transports, 30 Landing Barges, 36 Skipray Blastboats

Atmospheric Speed: Not applicable, cannot enter atmosphere
Engines: 6 Destroyer-I Ion Engines, 4 Gemon-4 Auxiliaries
Top Speed: 42 MGLT
Maximum Sublight Acceleration: 6 MGLT/s
Hyperdrive Rating: Class 2.0, Class 12 Backup
Targeting Systems: Duplicated LeGrange Targeting Computers
Shield Rating: 12,000 SBD
Power System: Dual I-a2b Solar Ionization Reactors
Firepower: 2.5x that of an ISD-II in all areas
Armor: Durasteel armor plate
Hull Rating: 6,000 RU

The Revenge Class Heavy Carrier is a command vessel which is an evolution of the Venator Class Destroyer used in the early days of the Galactic Empire. While a power vessel in its own right, the Revenge Class is usually the centre of a fleet of Cruisers and Destroyers, used to project the Empires might where ever trouble might flare up, with masses of fighters, walkers and troops, the Revenge Class is capable of dealing with any problem which might arise. Like the earlier Venator, the Revenge class has two command towers, one used for commanding the vessel, the other for commanding its fighter squadrons and other allied vessels. However, unlike the Venator, these are not both on the upper hull of the vessel, the normal command tower is in the position expected on an imperial vessel, while the fleet operations command tower is mounted on the lower hull. The vessels fighter and transport bays are mounted around the edge of the vessel, with the main launch bay being mounted between the twin forward prongs of the ships hull, allowing vessels launching and landing (as well as the bay itself) to come under the protection of the many weapons mounted on these prongs.

Constructed at Larexet, it is the first of it's class. Designed with materials found in the Unknown Regions, it is completely foreign to the Republic.

Admiral Michael Harrison paced the bridge of his newly christened Carrier, Austere, impatiently. His metal-bottomed shoes clanged and echoed off the Durasteel floor. Officers tapped buttons and spoke at a near whisper in the Command pit of the bridge. Other than that, all was quiet. It annoyed him. “I’m going to my quarters.” He said in his annoyed tone, “Alert me of anything that requires my presence.” If your stupid enough. He thought, making his way off the bridge. Two officers entered the bridge, speaking to each other. They looked forward and saw Harrison’s face. They stepped out of his way and saluted for their sake. He snared at them as he passed. When he did, the two officers looked at each other with an expression of relief.
He walked down the hallways of the Austere with his hands behind his back. When will Zend’s plan come into play? He thought as he continued on to his quarters, I cannot wait for her plans to initiate any longer. The least she could do is tell the Admirals of her plans. He shook his head of the insubordinate thoughts. I am loyal to Grand Admiral Zend. And I will wait for her plans to commence, even if I have to wait another twenty years.

Length: 4000 Meters
Width: 3400 Meters
Expand
 Back to top »
Admiral Michael Harrison
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, August 28th 2009 11:57pm    Post subject:

Michael entered his quarters with a disappointed look on his face. The wrinkles in his face deepened into their ruts, more so than usual. He looked over to his desk, his data pad was left on. He sighed a grunt as he walked over to it. He grabbed the small metal plate and read what the subject of the message said, Military Compliment Request Form. He sighed again, this needed to be done before they left for their assault on the New Republic.

Michael filled out the Request form with the Following Compliment (I ask for these items in whatever supply you can muster):

AT-AT/IC/ST/AA/SPMA-T/HAVT B5 Barges (110)
AT-AT Walkers (80)
AT-IC Walkers (20)
AT-ST Walkers (60)
AT-AA Walkers (15)
SPMA-T Walkers (20)
HAVT B5 Juggernaut Transports (10)

Since the ship is six times larger than that of a standard ISD-II, the Revenge Class Heavy Command Carrier can carry six times more armor units than a standard ISD-II. I had my measurements wrong with the count and made it three times as much as a normal ISD-II. Giving you an idea of how much a fully stocked Revenge Class Carrier could carry when fully stocked, since AT-AT's and other pieces of Armor are not completely avalible, I decided to keep the 'Three times more compliment than a standard ISD-II' instead of going with the full six. When we get more stock, I would like to see the Austere fully stocked at one time. If there are any problems, I will edit the request form accordingly.

Expand
 Back to top »
Admiral Michael Harrison
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, November 16th 2009 02:28am    Post subject:

The turbolift doors hissed open as Harrison entered the Austere's First bridge. It’s second bridge was located on the ventral side of his carrier. Mainly used as a flight control center for all fighters and bombers onboard the Austere. It also acted as a replacement bridge, should the main one be destroyed by some means. The protruding forks - as some members of the crew have called it – spanned the length of the ship, acting as a place to place more weaponry, and to protect fighters and bombers during their first moments of flight. He looked out at the amassing fleet around his; notable ships were clearly visible in the light of this system’s binary stars: The Glory, captained by Alister Mako, a notable Admiral from the Grand Era of the Emperor and of the Clone Wars. The Larexet, captained by Galak Fyyar, possibly a more tactical and sadistic Admiral than Michael himself. And the prize of the entire formation, The Arquebusier, captained by none other than Daara Zend herself, her ship was a fascinating sight to behold. A massive ship that looked, at this angle, to be larger than a standard Executor Class Super Star Destroyer. There was no doubting that with such a formation, nothing could get past. Even if the Republic Military Force were able to destroy the random Star Destroyer with their luck, they would truly meet their end with the mighty Armada of the True Empire.
Michael’s boots clanged as they were placed firmly on the metal plating of the front of the Austere’s bridge.
“Lieutenant,” He spoke aloud, “Contact the Auquebusier, request permission for me to arrive onboard to begin the Tactical Meeting with the other Admirals.”
“Yes, Admiral.” The lieutenant quickly began to get to work contacting the ship.

The Tactical Meetings were monthly meetings of the Admirals to discuss battle-plans for re-entering the Known Galaxy and conquering it. Of course, the meetings never discussed those plans, only discussing control of the Unknown Regions. Discussing what species to enslave, which ones would live, which ones would be annihilated. He hoped this month, they would finally discuss their final plans for attack.
“Admiral, you’ve been given permission to arrive on the Auquebusier. You are expected there in thirty standard minutes.”

(I hope this gets things going)

Expand
 Back to top »
Admiral Michael Harrison
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, May 26th 2010 02:17am    Post subject:

Michael bowed to Zend and left her presence for his shuttle. His patience for Daara was well placed, for now they would be returning to the Galaxy to conquer. Luckily for his aching legs, his shuttle was in the closest hanger to the meeting chambers. He was in his late fifties, or early sixties. He never really paid attention to his own age except when it was necessary. The less he thought of how old he was, the more he could devote to Zend herself. After the brief, one-hundred-and-fifty meter stroll down the corridors of the Auquebusier, he reached one of the four sprawling Executive Shuttle Hanger, where he saw his shuttle. A classic Lambda-class shuttle with Daara Zend’s Imperial Mark on the sides of the cockpit. He boarded the shuttle and gave a slight knock on the cockpit door. The ramp ascended and locked into place while Harrison seated himself in the lounge in the back of the shuttle as it lifted and returned to the Austere.

Harrison returned to his private quarters to use what time he had to rest and refresh his mind for the coming assault on Muunilinst. He thought back to when the loyal members of the Empire first left the known Galaxy, how ignorant he was along with the rest of the Empire. They had come so close to defeating the Rebellion, and they left the war unfinished.
He would not understand her notions on the tactic until he interviewed her personally about it. "While the Galaxy behind us grows together, weakening while it believes it prospers, we will be evolving and securing the Unknown Regions... and when we return, the true salvation of the Empire will crush the rebels, enlighten the ignorant, depose the usurpers -- and reign sovereign over Coruscant, just as it should be."

He slept pleasantly with the last sentence in his head to remind them of what they were doing, and why: --and reign sovereign over Coruscant, just as it should be.

Expand
 Back to top »
Admiral Michael Harrison
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, June 20th 2010 10:46pm    Post subject:

Harrison stood within the main bridge of the Austere, watching as the ship came out of hyperspace and into formation with Admiral Alister Mako’s and Commander Selena Krauss’ Star Destroyer. His duel forked ship easily tripled their ship, but that alone wouldn’t win one of the coming twin battles. He wondered about the galaxy had changed in the twenty years they were here, smiling at their conquest of the Unknown Regions, effectively charted by the True Empire and to be renamed possibility.

Harrison checked over the shoulders of his officers, observing their actions as they moved into the rear of the formation, ready to move to another location within the fleet at any moment. Satisfied in the sudden increase in effectiveness for his men and women under his command, he paced towards the front of the bridge, standing there as his ground commander, Captain Kiandra Carn approached for duty. A young woman born to Tiama and Vaj Carn twenty-six years ago, a fairly decorated family within the Empire during their war with the Rebellion.
She was extremely loyal to the Empire; Daara Zend herself and her True Empire as it was now. She fought during the brief insurrection within the Dragoon Star System eight years ago, led by the Dragoon Triiana. She fought in several jungle combat zones on the third moon of the planet Dragg, before Commander Selena Krauss ordered a Base Delta Zero. All Imperial Forces who could be reached were taken to transports and watched from high orbit as multiple Star Destroyers enacted complete surface destruction to the moon.

Kiandra saw much service under the Daara’s Empire, moving up in the ranks, eventually gaining the rank of Captain, effectively being able to lead all of Admiral Harrison’s ground-based soldiers and assets. She stepped next to him, her maroon hair tied into a ponytail, the top half of her head underneath a crisp, gray cap. Her body within the required Army Officer’s Uniform. She turned to Harrison, clapped her heels together and snapped a salute to Harrison.
He did the same, then throwing his arm to his side, Carn doing the same. They both stared out the transparisteel viewports as they marveled the fleet they were in. Harrison fixed his sights on the flickering Star Destroyer engines in front of him, watching their blue lights sway with the solar winds.
“A glorious day for victory, isn’t it, Captain Carn?” Harrison spoke, not detouring his eyes from in front of him.
Carn smiled, she had expressed she wanted to return to the galaxy and conquer it many times in the past. She kept imagining the Empire’s assured sovereignty over Coruscant, how they would see the Rebel’s ships burning and dying around them in that coming, glorious battle. “A glorious day for Grand Amdiral Daara Zend, Admiral Harrison.”

Michael Harrison and Kiandra Carn (New PNPC) are now in formation with the Glory’s battle force.

The Austere will follow attack orders, supporting both fighter and ground-based assaults. The Austere is at the pre-determined coordinates by Cray/Zend for the Invasion Plot. "Standby Mode" until Zend gives the order to jump.

Tag: Cray, Vader, Alex
The Invasion of Bilbringi First Previous Next Latest

Expand
 Back to top »
Admiral Michael Harrison
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, June 29th 2010 11:45pm    Post subject:

Harrison stood in the front of the Austere’s bridge, letting his mind scan each of the ships in the formation around him. He felt pride and joy, that the twenty years he had waited for this moment had finally come to an end. They were returning to the Galaxy, to bring peace and justice to it, to succeed in all things. And to one day, after the shift war they would start has ended, reign sovereign over Coruscant.

“Admiral Harrison,” Kiandra spoke joyfully, “We have received an encoded transmission from Grand Admiral Zend.” she paused, checking the information once more to be sure, “We’re clear to take Bilbringi, Admiral.”

“Excellent, Captain Carn,” Harrison replied, “Contact The Glory, tell them we are ready to jump on Krauss’ command.”

Tag: Alex
The Invasion of Bilbringi First Previous Next Latest

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Unknown Regions » Austere
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: