Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Ravelin- Shopping District
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Bastion » Ravelin- Shopping District
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, August 18th 2009 04:07pm    Post subject: Ravelin- Shopping District

Zero sighed heavily as he walked amongst the many shops of the crowded city of Ravelin. He needed to get away from his mother and the city seemed like a good idea. He had already paid for the damages to the house; and he had enough that he could stay in a hotel until his leave was up. ANything to get away from his mother's nagging. For a retired technician, she sure did talk about everything but technology.

Spotting a food stall, he dished out some credits for something that was heavily friend and a beverage that would out do a military ration in caloric value. Eating and drinking as he walked, Zero kept his eyes out for anything that caught his interest.

As it so happened, he found a shop that specialized in computer modifications and rare electronic components. His heart seemed to swell with glee and he immediately rushed inside, looking over the parts like a kid in a candy shop...

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, November 14th 2009 02:12am    Post subject:

The market was a pleasant change of scenery. It wasn't the interior of a Stormtrooper barracks, and it wasn't home. After the shavit hit the fan with Kris the night before, everyone had been miserable. The morning wasn't too much better, so I grabbed some casual clothes and decided to walk around a little.

Now the growling in my stomach drew me toward one of the assorted food vendors that lined the street. I checked my pocket, calculating how much cash I had. After a moment, I was secure in my financial situation and made a beeline for one of the vendors.

A few minutes later, I was happily snacking on a "grilled" nerf and cheese wrap. Of course, the actual cooking method was more dubious. But that wasn't important; its sheer unhealthy yet delicious goodness made up for the fake advertising and the fact that it was probably slightly safer to consume than the air on Skako.

I resumed the walk down the street, looking at the crowd and the various shops that lined the road. Suddenly, a face in clicked in my head. No... couldn't be.

I took a few steps closer, peering around interloping passers-by. Whoa, it is him. "Zero?" I called.

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sat, November 14th 2009 11:59am    Post subject:

Zero was busy pondering over a selection of various tech components that he wanted to improve his arm with, when he suddenly heard a familiar voice call his name. Well, not his real name, but the nickname he had earned in the Stormtrooper Corps.

With a look of shock, he tried to answer her with his best composure. "Kendra- er, First Sergeant- Ma'am...... What are you doing here?"

It was a very good question in his mind. Shouldn't she be with his family? Of course, he didn't know much of her personal life, so maybe her parents were as bad as his. Then again, the biggest shock was the pure coincidence of meeting his commander in the biggest shopping area on Bastion.

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, November 14th 2009 05:04pm    Post subject:

"Oh, just out getting some air. What about you?" I asked.

Subdern actually seemed nervous, as well as surprised. Was he up to something? "Blow anything up yet?" I quipped.

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sat, November 14th 2009 05:13pm    Post subject:

Zero laughed slightly at the comment, reaching back to scratch the back of his head with embarrassment. "Well, nothing actually exploded. I kind of put a hole in my parents' wall with the arm blaster. Thought I'd see about preventing it from happening again."

"Plus... my mom was kind of being a pain, so I thought I'd hole up in a hotel for the rest of my leave. Yeah, I can face down pirates and mercs but... parents, you know?"

Great, what an awkward situation. Here he was, making small talk with a superior out of coincidence and in a crowded marketplace. Not to mention a superior he was nervous around out of uniform because he kind of liked her, too. If only his mother could see this.

"So, uh... how's your family doing?"

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, November 14th 2009 11:18pm    Post subject:

Parents and brothers, anyway, I thought as he explained his bizarre home-life. Then again, at least no one ever blew away a wall at our house. Then again, I'm sure Dad might have come close last night...

Then, like he was reading my thoughts, Subdern asked about my family. Of course, there was a difference between him revealing his familial baggage and me doing the same: he didn't have a parent on the Moff Council. And while the press was usually pretty smart about when to shut up, various sleazy tabloids managed to stay around in the Remnant. Some were even Republic infiltrates.

"Things are going okay," I shrugged. "Same old, same old."

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, November 15th 2009 03:57pm    Post subject:

Zero eyed her warily. What was the 'same old' for the daughter of a Moff? "Yeah? So... is that good or bad? Because I really only know the usual being when we're on duty, you know?"

Oh, sure, that wasn't out of place. Greatest technical mind in the entire platoon and here he was stumbling over his words like an idiot because his superior was actually holding a non-duty conversation with him.

"Yeah, so... I don't know, kinda crowded here. Makes everything Stormtrooper in me say not a good place to stand around and chit chat. You wanna go grab a bite or something?"

Of course, the progression of his speech was obviously far ahead of his mind as he realized, Holy crap, did I just ask my superior officer on a date? This is bad...

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, November 21st 2009 01:45am    Post subject:

Well, sure you only know me on duty... I tried to think of something to say, but what he said next completely cleared my train of thought. The invitation, while not unwelcome, was certainly unexpected.

And kinda oddly-timed, I thought, noting we'd both clearly already taken care of any immediate meal requirements. And if he meant later... Oh boy... this is going strange places.

But, then again... what if I was overreacting? Maybe it was just a trooper asking for a familiar face to be around. After all, we'd shared meals in the mess hall, as a unit. Maybe that's all it was. But maybe not. What to do, what to do...

"Not big on crowds?" I deflected. "It's not like someone's gonna set off a bomb or start shooting up the place," I smirked.

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Mon, December 07th 2009 03:52pm    Post subject:

Zero chuckled nervously at her comment. She did have a point. He didn't like the fact that she did, it meant he was coming off as weird or creepy or both....or worse. "Well, I've never been big on public p;aces to begin with... I'm more comfortable on a star destroyer. Of course, this is still better than listening to my mom nag me all week."

Now what was he going to do? It was obvious he wouldn't get past the casual acquaintance thing with her, after all, she was his commanding officer. This was a fact that screamed at his logic center over and over as he inwardly bemoaned his awkward feelings.

Still, he couldn't just wander around aimlessly for a week. Especially now that he had a familiar person around him. Any company was better than being left alone to his own machinations. He knew he would have ended up destroying the hotel room had he been left completely by himself to work on any project his mind came up with.

"Its just nice to see someone I know. Especially in a huge place like this."

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, December 26th 2009 12:46am    Post subject:

I smirked at the young sergeant. "Yeah, I can feel you there." On a Star Destroyer, even one of the old Imperials, everyone was in it together. There was order and discipline, which I harbored a grudging affection for. Granted, it took me the first eighteen years of my life to figure that out, but...

"Can't really say I expected to run into too many people from the company on leave, let alone from the squad," I continued. I wasn't even going to touch on his family issues. There was enough going on under my roof; how could I have presumed to have the solutions to Subdern's issues?

Beside, I hardly know anything about his family. After all, we were Stormtroopers... not some kind of social club. Usually we discussed pirates, close calls, and our gear. But, then again, being on leave usually meant leaving that stuff behind. So what do you talk about with a fellow 'Trooper when you throw that away?

I had no idea. But I knew family--any family—was a subject I wanted to stay clear of. I could only hope Mom, Dad, and maybe even Kris would be in better moods later. Might as well hope for a million credits to fall in your pocket.

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, January 31st 2010 03:21pm    Post subject:

This wasn't getting any better. He needed an out, before he got so nervous that he began getting clumsy. Especially since him being clumsy usually meant something ended up with a blaster bolt through it. Yes, he was definitely a model of the disciplined Imperial stormtrooper.

"Yeah....well, I guess I should be going, than. I don't want to keep you from whatever you have to get done. I'm sure you've got plans for the day, New Year's and all..."

He turned and immediately turned red. Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit, this is too awkward. No good can come from this....

Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, February 13th 2010 01:43am    Post subject:

I laughed before taking another nibble out of the wrap. "Actually, I really don't have anything planned. "In fact, we could--"

Behind me, a screen crackled to life. "Breaking news! Terrorists attack the Imperial Headquarters building on Bastion!"

My jaw and my lunch hit the ground as I spun around. One of the vidscreens in the window was carrying a news feed. "A terrorist plot has been executed, targeting the highest levels of Imperial government! We will have more information as the story develops!"

A pit formed in my stomach. "Oh Gods..." I grabbed my comlink and quickly dialed the code. "Dad? Dad, are you there?"

No reply. The pit in my stomach deepened, joined by a small moon forming in my throat. "Dad?" I choked. "Please, please pick up..."
But there was nothing. I felt sick to my stomach. "I... I've got to get down there," I said to no one in particular. "Got to go."

I ran through the crowds which began to congregate around the window, and around vidscreens everywhere. As I ran by them, I could hear murmuring, gasping, crying, and screaming. Whispered prayers or conspiracy theories went in one ear and out the other as I kept trying to get Dad on the comlink. But there was no answer. I began to fear there never would be one.

NO! No, godsfrakkingdammit, that's not gonna happen! I tried Mom next. But nothing. A cold sweat began to pour down my back. Only one person left to try. "Kris? Kris, are you there?"

The Fall of Fel First Previous Next Latest
Expand

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Bastion » Ravelin- Shopping District
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: