Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Moonblaster Cantina
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Corellian System » Moonblaster Cantina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, August 18th 2009 12:43am    Post subject: Moonblaster Cantina

There was some sort of commotion going on at the Oxanna Cantina, so Daegon commed his contacts and told them to meet him at the Moonblaster Bar instead. The repairs to the Raptor were nearly complete, courtesy of the Corellian Engineering Corporation–and more importantly, thanks to Jedi Starskimmer–so Daegon had figured that the best way to draw Grudo’s attention was if he dipped back into the bounty hunting business. And even bounty hunters needed copilots. The next time the Hutt sent hunters after him, he intended to be ready. The Raptor was simply too big for him to fly alone, and he intended to fix that as soon as he could. Until he could find the credits, however, he could need a crew.

There weren’t nearly as many occupants at the Moonblaster as usual. Probably due to that commotion at Oxanna down the block, Daegon thought as he pulled the speeder bike up to the storage rack where he secured it and paid the entry fee. He prepared himself and walked into the bar, and was immediately assaulted with a bombardment of moving lights and colors originating from the ceiling and walls. I swear, I’ll never get used to that. The lights weren’t the only thing that made the Moonblaster stand out from other clubs and cantinas on Corellia. The ceiling was adorned with the hologram of a large explosion that was the source of most of the light. The circular bar sat directly beneath the explosion and had a dome-shaped ceiling with a series of ascending red lights. A series of triple-jointed manipulator arms served drinks all around the bar, and when necessary slid along brackets in the ceiling to deliver trays of drinks to waiting tables.

Daegon spotted his contacts sitting at the bar and swaggered over, keeping his hands away from the weapons on his belt. One of the beings he was going to meet he trusted, the other, he wasn’t sure. Better not to give them the wrong impression.

There were two of them, a Wookiee with brown fur and black stripes; the other, a reptilian Kaleesh from the desolate desert Rim world of Kaleesh. The Wookiee had a pair of bandoleers draped over his chest and a custom-made bowcaster slung on his back. The Kaleesh was dressed in a simple camo outfit and a wide-brimmed hat. A long-barreled rifle leaned up against the bar next to him, and a blaster was sitting in a hip holster. As he got closer, he could see that the Wookiee was extending and sheathing his claws in impatience, while the Kaleesh was calmly nursing a nasty–looking concoction that looked like something Grudo would have upchucked.

Daegon stopped a few meters away from the two of them and hooked his thumbs in his belt. He cleared his throat, and both of them turned. The Wookiee’s impatience vanished, and he stood, towering half a meter over Daegon. “<Captain Selanno!>” he growled happily. “<I knew we would meet again!>” The big Wook took a step forward and embraced Daegon, lifting his feet off the floor. “It’s…ah!...it’s good to see..you too, Malbacca!” Daegon gasped as Mal set him down. “<I was wondering if you would ever contact me,>” The Wookiee said. “<I still intend to honor my life-debt to you, and I felt somewhat cheated when you refused to take me with you.>”

Daegon nodded. “Yeah, well, that’s changed, Mal. Lots of things have changed.” He turned to the Kaleesh, who had watched the whole exchange as one might watch a history documentary. Daegon threw him a two–fingered salute. “How’s the game treating you, Kaor?”

Kaor Jai Bageesh stood and popped his neck, much like Teedee did. The soft crik made Daegon shudder slightly, but neither of his new partners noticed. “Tiresome,” Kaor finally answered. “Even the Krayt and the Rancor are proving to be predictable these days. There is no worth in hunting a prey who cannot think.”

“Yeah, well how would you like a chance for some real sport?”

Kaor hummed approvingly. “What is the catch?”

Daegon narrowed his eyes slightly. “I’m the boss. What I say goes. So long as you’re on my ship and in my crew, you do as I tell. I won’t be a dictator, but I won’t turn a blind eye if you decide to ‘hunt’ some innocent civvie during your down time. Long as you follow these rules, I can guarantee you thirty percent of every bounty.” He extended a hand. “Deal?” Kaor eyed the hand as if from the scope of his rifle, then grasped it. “Deal.” One down, Daegon thought to himself. He turned to Mal and opened his mouth to speak, but the Wookiee held up a hand. “<You have no need to convince me, Captain Selanno. My life debt demands that I travel with you. I have no need of money.>” Daegon was slightly taken aback, but he shook his head. “No. You want to honor your debt, that’s fine. But you’re still getting thirty percent. I won’t take advantage of anyone.”

Now it was Mal’s turn to be surprised. “<You are a generous spirit, Captain.>” He nodded and raised his drink. “<Very well, then. To partners.>” Kaor lifted his murky beverage, and Daegon appropriated a shot of Whyren’s Reserve from a passing tray. “To partners.”

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Corellian System » Moonblaster Cantina
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: