Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Modified YT-1930 "Nova Hound"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Modified YT-1930 "Nova Hound"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Fri, September 03rd 2010 02:05pm    Post subject:

Sean was still relaxed as he moved on. "You've got that down, which is good progress so far. Now, I want you to ask me some questions. Anything will do. Tell me if I am lying. Look for physical indicators, as well as emotional."

Sara nodded before asking her first question, giving it a little thought. When her mind was made up, she turned towards him completely, sitting face to face. "How long have you been a Jedi?" She asked.

With a slight smile, Sean responded quite honestly. No reason to lie about this one. "Fifteen years."

Obviously it was easy to tell he was being honest. "True." She said, after closing her eyes briefly and considering his answer. Sean merely nodded, waiting for the next one. "How old are you?" She asked.

Once again, Sean felt no need to lie. "Twenty Seven."

Once again she closed her eyes and considered his answer, relying on the Force to guide her. "True." She finally said. Once more, Sean nodded. "What was your first drink? Brandy? Ale?" She asked, delving into more personal, detailed question, which didn't bother Sean.

"Wine, actually." Was Sean's reply after a slight hesitation.

Sara seemed more confident now. "True." She said, not even closing her eyes.

"My first drink," Sean said, looking into her eyes. "Was champagne at a friend of the family's wedding. My first real drink was in fact a shot of brandy, so my answer was false. It's going to be harder with me, though I am trying to at least fake the emotions you may feel, but look for hesitancy. Look for unease. Look for anything odd in my emotions that has no reason in being there." Aside from the, he said nothing and waited for the next question.

"Right, I'll remember that." Sara said, nodding a bit. She thought another moment, then inquired, "Have you killed someone with your lightsaber before? If so, how many?"

"I have fortunately avoided any actual killing, per se, with my saber." Sean's voice was smooth and convincing, though the pang of sorrow that coursed through him betrayed him. Of course he had killed people. He didn't enjoy it, but it was unavoidable. Still, sorrow welled inside of him.

Sara seemed to catch this. She closed her eyes and thought for longer than ever before, but ultimately said, "False."

Sean smiled slightly. "What tipped you off?"

"There was a moment of sadness." Sara began. "I was the same way with my first kill. A Rodian who tried to assault me," She lowered her chin. "I wasn't the same for a month or two. Then I figured out I would have been dead, or worse off, if I hadn't of acted. I still feel sad every now and then when I think about it."

Sean nodded. "Exactly what you need to look for. Many people may not be sorry over the information you want, but there certainly was no reason for me to feel sorrow over my lack of kills. To answer your second question, I have killed..." Sean paused. "More than I care to count, sadly. But, please, a few more." Sean threw her a smirk. "Hit me with your best shot."

"Alright then." she replied. "What's your reputation with the other Jedi? Besides being an ass to women while drunk." She smirked obviously thinking herself quite clever. Sean personal found her obnoxious for the moment. Beautiful, but obnoxious.

"My fellow Jedi think me a good Jedi." It wasn't... and entirely false statement...

After some time, Sara replied. "Well, that one was hard to read. But true."

Sean smiled. "It was half true. My fellow Jedi do think me a competent Jedi. However, I'll be honest, many do not agree with my choice of lifestyle. I have gained a certain amount of renowned, though."

"Close enough on the answer, I'd assume?"

Sean smiled. "Close enough." but said no more.

Sara responded with a smaller smile. "Now. What got you involved with this killer we're after?"

Sean had to close his eyes and breath deeply a few times to keep the emotions from swarming in again. Once more centered, he replied. "Jacoba is.... was, a close friend of a friend. Luke..... rather, Master Skywalker, felt the other Jedi was too close to this, and promised to have another Jedi investigate immediately. I was chosen.” He was in complete control now, letting the calm take him over again, but he had almost lost control. So close to the brink...

After she deliberated, she said, "True."

Sean smiled at her. This was one truth he wasn’t ready to share. Perhaps it was because he felt it too personal, perhaps he was ashamed of his desired course of action. Maybe he didn't want her pity. Perhaps the wound was just too recent and too raw to allow other inside. “True, yes. One more.”

"What's your homeworld?" she asked. "Nar Shaddaa for me if it lightens it up." She smirked again. Sean was getting to hating that smirk...

Sean considered it for a moment before lying. “Dantooine. Wonderful planet. Lush, fertile, open.” He did feel a bit of contempt though. He hated Dantooine... and his words were hollow. Sara saw right through it.

"False. Your words were hollow, I could tell that without the Force. You didn't back it up with anything."

Sean laughed. “Correct. I grew up in a Corellian district of Coruscant. Not particularly well-to-do, but better than most.” His voice was more convincing.

"False, again."

Sean raised a brow at her. “What makes you doubt that?”

"After all the drinks you had, you can't be Coruscanti. That leaves Naboo out too. So where were you born? Truthfully?" She smirked again, and Sean briefly considered Lightsaber pratice next.

Sean laughed. “I did say a Corellian district, did I not? It was practically little Corellia.”

"Corellia. I'd assume?" Sara continued on in her obnoxious attempt to prove she was right, smirk and all.

“It wasn’t a very fair question, honestly. I have a Corellian ship, I was downing Corellian brandy last night, I am wearing Corellian-influenced clothing, and you met me on Corellia. But, regardless, I was born right here in Coronet, raised here until I was five, where I moved to Bella Vistal until I was twelve.”

"I had a Corellian ship and the alcohol wasn't a very good excuse, plenty of people have had a Corellian alcohol. And people can wear what they want. Besides, you're shirtless. Not very good excuses for trying to lead me to Dantooine and Coruscant." She laughed. Oh, how clever she thought herself.

Sean responded in kind. “Ah, many people drink Corellian drinks, but only a Corellian can down it like I was doing.” He flashed her a wink.

"True, true. I wasn't able to hold my liquor on Shaddaa five years ago, and it almost got me killed. You win there. But many people have a ship from the YT line. And you were still trying to mislead me with Dantooine and Coruscant."

“Which was, of course, the point of the exercise.”

"So what now?" Sara asked, obviously done for the moment.

“Now? It’s intel time. The whole point of this exercise was to make you better at interrogating. We’ll set about Coronet, asking around about Jacoba Tavell and his murder until we get a lead.”

"Sounds good." Sara said before standing and donning her jacket.

Sean stood as well, grabbed his shirt, slipped it one, grabbed his jacket from beside where he had been sitting and threw that on as well. "The Jacket really does look good. now, where do you think we should being our search?"

Tag: Carn
The Dark and Winding Road First Previous Next Latest
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Avi made graciously by Carn
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, September 03rd 2010 09:28pm    Post subject:

Sara contemplated. There were many places one could search for information. The cantina was one such location, but anyone trying to hide valuable information would keep away from a bar or nightclub to not risk accidentally letting their words slip.
“Cantinas are out.” Sara said, considering it more before fully dismissing it. She needed something to go off, “What was Jacoba’s area of expertise?”

Sean paused, taking in a solemn moment then saying “He was a merchant--” before he could add anything else to his answer, Sara interrupted, probably not the best thing to do if she was anywhere close to being an apprentice.
“Then the docks and markets are a likely place to start, Sean.” she said, tugging at the collar of her jacket to get an uncomfortable crease along her back straightened, “Sorry for the interruption,” she continued, feeling a slight bit of aggravation inside of Sean. Hoping to lighten it, she shrugged her shoulders and gave a flash of a smile. Sorry.

Tag: Chukles

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Mon, September 06th 2010 06:00pm    Post subject:

Sean nodded. "A good place to start, certainly. I'd also suggest we search the starport, see if we can't get our hands on the names and arrival and departure destinations on any ship to come and leave within the past week. But first, let's see if we can see what, exactly, got Jacoba killed. Feel free to go poke around the ship a bit. I have to make a call to a contact, see if I can get any information." Sara seemed put out by being dismissed, but didn't say anything.... at least not yet. He then moved up to the cockpit.

When he arrived, Sean composed himself and dialed his mother. She picked up quickly, and it was apparent that she had been crying recently. She sniffed a few times, wiped a few tears away, then spoke. "Oh, Sean-y. Thank the Force you called. I'm so sorry about yesterday. I didn't want it to be like that, I swear. I just..."

"Genevieve." Sean interrupted. "Please, this isn't a personal call. I need to know what got Dad killed."

Genevieve paused, looking pained as she examined Sean's face. "Please.... please, can you not call me mom? Mommy? Mother at the very least?" She seemed on the brink of tears.

Sean sighed. "Fine, mother... why was he killed. I saw the mansion. It was a professional hit, no? Didn't look like a normal break in or anything."

Sean's mother paused again, thinking about Sean's question. "Sean-y..... You're not going after them. Please, I beg you, I lost a husband, I can't lose my only son as well."

"Mother, I am going after them. No one else is better qualified then I, and I can't let this go unanswered."

"Please, think of your Jedi training. Vengeance isn't right. Jedi don't do it."

"What do you know of my training? You weren't involved with it. You never wrote. You never visited. Father never sent your regards." Sean's voice was level, though not quite as composed as normal. Genevieve was about to burst into tears again.

"I know, Sean-y, I was a horrible mother. As I grew old, and you grew up, I realized I had a beautiful son that I didn't know. I.... I spoke for long hours with your father, trying to get to know you as best I could through him. Please, forgive my youthful ignorance. I was not much older than yourself. I.... I made so many mistakes." Before she could fall into full blown sobbing , Sean heaved a sigh and commented.

"I've forgiven you already. This is besides the point. I will do this. Mother, please, tell me what you can."

Genevieve deliberated for a long time before answering. "I can't sway you?"

"No. Of all things, I inherited your stubbornness."

She laughed. "So I hear." She paused for a few moments. "Before I tell you, promise me two things."

Sean was now on his guard. "... depending... but very well."

"First, be safe. Please. As safe as you can."

"I have a friend to watch my back and training as a Jedi. I'll be fine mother. The second?"

".... when this is all over... come have on, civil lunch with me. Let us talk... really talk. Please, Sean."

Sean closed his eyes and considered that for a long, long moment. Finally, he made up his mind. "Very well, mother. What do you know?"

"Jacoba didn't tell me much at the end. He said it was to protect me. All I know is it was something not only business related, but also political. I don't know details, though some of his business associates in Coronet might. He had a meeting scheduled with emissaries from somewhere offplanet scheduled the day he died. That's when it happened. The murderer intercepted your father's appointment, killed him, then took his place. At the meeting, he shot Jacoba. At his request, I was out of the house. I found him later that night. The only other thing I know is that the security footage caught a symbol that police believe is gang related, though they can't identify it positively. That's all I know."

Sean nodded. "Thank you mother. I have to go."

"Wait, let me send the footage to you. It caught some brief conversation between the assassin and one of his men. You may be able to make more use of it than Corsec."

"Thanks mother. You've been a massive help."

"Be safe, my son." Sean merely nodded then disconnected. He sat back pensively as he waited for the video to be transferred. When it was, he transferred back to the lounge area and went off to his room, where he grabbed a bottle of brandy and two glasses, ignoring Sara whenever he happened to pass by her. Finally, he moved out to the holo table, propped his feet up, poured two glasses of brandy before turning on a large viewscreen on the opposite wall. He called Sara over and patted the seat next to him. "Change of plan. Movie time." He then pushed the glass of brandy in her general direction.

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, September 06th 2010 07:16pm    Post subject:

Sara felt her suggestion was a little dismissed, Sean already having already come up with going to the star ports, but asked her anyways. He was starting to get a little annoying in how he acted and played around with her words. She had little interest in The Hound aside from the apparent lightsaber shop in the starboard hold, and even then she didn‘t feel as though Sean would take kindly to her making a saber. She let off a sigh and left the cockpit for her quarters. She could at least meditate or clean her blaster. Either would work.

The door to her quarters opened and Sara sat in the center of the room and closed her eyes. She breathed in slowly and exhaled like in the training room just moments earlier. Her world quickly fell away as she followed her shortcuts, leading her to emptiness as she concentrated on extending her reach beyond the ship and into Coronet. Focusing on finding the faint Force Auras of the beings in the city. It was getting easier to find these auras, easier to distinguish them from the rest of the background. She was really enjoying this, and she wasn’t as afraid of her abilities as she once was on The Leaper, but she couldn’t go back after what she did. Jonas seemed cold at her departure and how bluntly she had pushed him away. He understood that she needed to leave to find out on her own about her powers, but with Alisson next to him she couldn’t tell Jonas the true reason with Velaxxia and how she feared she would become like her. Not only that Jonas would probably talk to his lover about it and Lucas would slice her down no doubt.
A stronger feeling reached out and felt close, like it was next to her or within the city of Coronet. She didn’t know, and she couldn’t describe it, forcibly being flung out of concentration by the being she was observing.

She hadn’t realized she was floating during her meditation until her ass hit the floor hard. Sara looked around trying to see if it was Sean, but he wasn’t there. And it didn’t feel like Sean. Sara took in a deep breath and shook her mind. Just another problem with her Force Energy. A glitch she’d need more training to fix.
Sara reached to the nightstand, trying to reach for her blaster. She closed her eyes and willed it to come, quickly feeling a smack as it impacted her palm and her fingers wrapped around it. Sara would need to work on her telepathy if she was going to grab something by just looking at it.

She stood and began to make for the gangplank where she assumed Sean would be and-- “Sara, c‘mere!” Sean shouted.

Sara quickly went to the lounge, seeing Sean with his feet propped up on a holotable facing a viewscreen. He patted a seat just next to him and held out his hand with a glass of alcohol. “Change of plans. Movie time.”

She sat a cushion away from him and declined the drink. If he was going to get drunk, she didn’t want to be next to him.

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Mon, September 06th 2010 10:49pm    Post subject:

Sean threw her a look that said, "Really?" then shifted over a cushion, though still giving her plenty of room, and laid his arm along the back of the couch, sipping casually at his brandy. He turned on the viewscreen, not sure what it would bring up. A second later he had the proper file selected and playing.

It brought up an overhead view of Jacoba Tavell's office. Mercifully, his mother had edited past the actual murder, though Jacoba's corpse could be seen slumped over his desk. The image was a little hazy, but Sean could still make out the faces. There were three men in the room, one dressed in a nice suit, the others in mercenary gear. His mother was right. There was an emblem emblazoned on the two mercenaries' shoulders and chests, though Sean had no idea what it was. One of the mercenaries began to rummage through some of Jacoba's belongings, intent, it seemed, on making some profit from the outing.

"You moron!" the man in the suit yelled. By the way the other two reacted, this was clearly the man in charge. Sean paused the video and examined it. It showed the man's face clearly. Sean saw the tip of a blaster on his far side, hidden mostly by his body. He pointed at the man in the suit.

"Remember that face. That's our assassin." Without waiting for an answer, he resumed playing.

"We have to leave. There's no time for looting. We're getting paid damn well for this job. Besides, that woman might be back any time. We have an appointment to keep, after all. Kashyyyk is far too far to be wasting time on petty trinkets. Now, let's go." The three rounded up what little they had and then left.

Sean turned it off as it appeared the video was over. It couldn't be more clear, but still....." What do you think?" He asked Sara.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, September 06th 2010 11:23pm    Post subject:

Sara stopped listening when she heard Kashyyyk. Their search was certainly going to lead them there, and her back to Shawn. How he was going to react to her traveling with Sean, that she wasn’t still in The Shadowlands, telling him Badim had made amends, and the fact that she was a training Jedi, she didn’t know. He’d probably blow a gasket at the revelation, and leaving without telling him she wasn‘t in the hellhole shadows below the tree canopy.
She needed to see him. It was something she needed to do.
”What do you think?” Sean asked her.

Sara gripped the locket around her neck, getting a weary glance from Sean before she answered, “Let’s deal with this killer.”

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, September 08th 2010 01:34am    Post subject:

Sean Sat and considered for a long time. He'd been in that office, and his father had hidden that camera quite well. It would take some inside information to know about it, so the fact that it could be a trick was unlikely. Looks like Kashyyyk it was. Damn, he hated that planet. He'd been there once, and.... well..... hated it. He sighed.

"Guess it's that flea-bitten, giant forest of theirs then. Dang it I hate that place." He looked over at Sara. "Gonna run out and get some info real quick. Make yourself at home." Sean stood and left the ship.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Some time and a few bribes later and Sean returned with a datapad with a list of all the ships to have left for Kashyyyk in the last five days. Sure, it was not guaranteed that their killer would be on this list, but it was a good place to start.

Sean called Sara up to the cockpit with him as he settled into the pilot's chair and began starting the preflight checks and getting the Nova Hound ready for flight. He was docked in his father's—now his own—private hanger, so clearance came easily. As Sara came into the cockpit, he asked, without looking up from the console, "How much do you know about flying, Sara?"

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 08th 2010 02:20am    Post subject:

Sara entered the cockpit of the Nova Hound, she had snapped out of her meditation when Sean called her. Not to mention it was in tune with that strange figure she kept sensing. Sensing. It was wierd using that term, now that she was on this road. But the presence she kept feeling when she reached out of her immediate area was curious. It seemed familiar to her, yet distant.

"How much do you know about flying, Sara?" Sean asked again.

Her eye's widened as she realized she hadn't answered Sean's question yet and quickly responded, "A little. Not much. My uncle did all the flying while I was in hiding."

"In hiding?" Sean asked, turning his attention from the console and raising a brow, "Should I be worried?"

"I had a run in with a bounty hunter on Nar Shaddaa five years ago. He let me go after a change of heart," Sara said, quickly realizing that with her powers, she could have influenced Badim to not fire. No. Her powers had just surfaced, there was no way she could have done that. Badim was just a nice man who was in the wrong line of work. She made sure that her thoughts weren't transmitted through her emotions, at least she tried and Sean didn't show signs of picking it up, nor did his emotions, "It's fine now. Then two years ago we landed on Kashyyyk. I left for the Shadowlands and stayed there, until recent, and hunted with a friend I began to grow close to. I used my time in the Shadowlands to make myself a harder target if I ever got in trouble, or if the bounty hunter changed his mind again. Diann was my best friend in that dark underworld, and I hate that Terentatek for killing her..."

Sean sat still for a moment, "Well, Kashyyyk is a bit of a hellhole, so sorry to hear you spent time there."

Sara scowled, taking a seat in the co-pilots seat and asking, "Shall we? That killer isn't gonna wait for us."

Sean nodded and the Hound lifted off the durasteel hangar and jolted towards space. The blue vortex of Hyperspace quickly appear and they were off.

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, September 08th 2010 02:11pm    Post subject:

Sean sat back for a moment as hyperspace enveloped the Hound. After a moment he patted the control console. "I love this ship." Without another word, he stood and moved back to the galley. He was hungry and needed to make up some food. If he guessed right, Sara probably could use some food too. They'd yet to eat today, and they'd expended some energy thus far, and it would probably just get worse.

He didn't notice what was going on in the ship. He had lost himself in chopping vegetables—mostly various peppers—and frying them up. The monotonous tasks of cooking drew his mind from the present, a welcome feeling indeed. when he was finished, he had a very nice Corellian dish, spicy pasta and meat. Good, strong smell with a taste to match.

He served up two plates, some grilled bread on the side, and placed it in the lounge on the holotable. He sat down in front of his place. He looked up and saw Sara, though he had no idea where she had been or how long she had been there. He gestured towards her plate. "Made ya one. Eat up, then we can do some more training or something."

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, September 08th 2010 02:59pm    Post subject:

Sara watched the swirling blue of hyperspace, intriguing her as to how the technology they all take for granted came into existence. Something lost to time itself she assumed. The hyperdrive was a powerful device, propelling a ship through space beyond what anyone with a finite mind can fathom. To worlds that were as alien to them as the science of a hyperdrive itself. She propped her feet up on the console and closed her eyes, reveling in the hum of the hyperdrive. She didn’t know how long she stayed in this state, she might have fallen asleep for all she knew. Awoken by the smell of roasting peppers and she sluggishly got out of the co-pilot and into the lounge, where she saw Sean offering her a plate of pasta and meat, a grilled slice of bread on the side.
"Made ya one. Eat up, then we can do some more training or something."

She gazed at the food and almost had the thought to just leave it, but a sudden rumble in her stomach made her remember she hadn’t eaten since she left Naboo. She sat across from Sean at the holotable and began to dig into the Corellian Dish. It was spicy at first, but whatever was spread on the bread cooled her tongue. The meat was tough and juicy, spicy as well.

Sara could help but ask, “What kind of training were you thinking of?”

Sean winked and swirled his fork in his pasta before eating it, “You’re choice on the next one.”

Sara leaned back for a moment, then said, “How about lifting stuff up and throwing it around?” she laughed.

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 03:52pm    Post subject:

Sean laughed briefly as he took another bite of his dinner. It was a reasonable request, but he wasn't entirely sure if she'd be able to do it quite yet. She'd only started earlier today, after all. Still, it'd certainly be worth a shot. The thought for just a moment more, munching fitfully on his pasta dish.

"Telekinesis can be a bit tricky, and dangerous, if you're not careful. You're also not very experienced. Still, it's certainly worth a shot." Sean laughed as a thought came to him. He stood and moved off to grab some Muja juice he had imported. He had taken a liking to it while in the academy on Yavin IV, and kept it stocked for when he wanted something nonalcoholic.... which wasn't often these days. As he grabbed it, he said, "Unless of course you're related to Corran Horn. You're not, are you?" He opened the bottle, grabbed two glasses, and moved back over to the table, pouring the beverage and offering one to her.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 04:12pm    Post subject:

Sara took the glass of juice slowly. She didn’t want to show that she enjoyed Muja Juice more than anything else. She had no idea Sean also liked Muja Juice, but didn’t dwell on it for long, her thoughts turning to Corran Horn.
“What’s that got to do with telekinesis?” Sara asked as she sipped her drink.

"He can't lift a thing even if his life depended on it." Sean laughed.

“I thought Jedi were suppose to be inclusive?”

"The Horn line of Jedi... Halcyon, actually... Can't use the Force for telekinesis. No idea if they ever figured out why, but...." Sean took a gulp of his drink, giving Sara ample time to reply.

"It's a good thing my family's native to Shaddaa then, and not the Halcyons."

He winked, "You never know. A Halcyon might have migrated.”

"We both know I don't have Halcyon in me, since I was able to lift my boot up in front of me during meditation. Remember?"

Sean laughed, then continuing with a slightly humored, serious tone, "Regardless, you have little to worry about. Corellian Jedi tended to be pretty proud and set apart from the other Jedi. They didn't tend to stray too far from Corellia. Not so much anymore, but..." He paused, taking another sip of his drink before continuing, "But once upon a time...."

Tag: Chuk

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 02:09pm    Post subject:

Sean took another gulp of his juice, reflecting on the past. After a moment, he left his plate three-quarters empty as he stood and stretched. "Fell free to take it easy for a moment. You did well earlier, but some rest is still probably in order. I want to take care of a few things in the other hanger. Give me a few minutes, and when you're ready, come grab me and we'll get started on some more training." Without another word, he moved off to his lightsaber workshop.

His workshop actually only occupied a small portion of the hanger and consisted of a workbench, several bins and chests that contained various bits and pieces of metal, gems, casings.... all sorts of items that could be used to make almost any type of sabers. It was all painstakingly organized to his liking. He could practically build a saber blindfolded.

He pulled his saber out from a concealing pocket on the inside of his jacket that he had specially added in. It allowed for quick draw, yet still secured the saber. In essence, it was a flap of fabric matching the interior that concealed the hook that the saber attached to. Sean set it down on the bench and began to dismantle it. He carefully set the sharp ruby to the side as he pulled apart first the pommel, then moved up the casing. It was delicate work, but needed to be done.

As he pulled pieces off, he cleaned each one, ridding it of built up dirt and grime. He carefully polished what needed to be polished and repaired any imperfections and scratches that may have built up. When he had finished the cleaning, the moved next to the innards... the heart of the saber. The power cell, the emitters, the lenses... but before he could work on them the casing caught his eyes. The finely polished blackened steel was spectacular, and....

He caught a slight glimpse in the reflection, more just an odd color than any discernible shape. He turned towards the doorway and saw Sara standing there. "How long ya been there?" He didn't mind, but he didn't like the fact that he couldn't remember how long he'd been working or how long ago he felt Sara's presence.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 03:10pm    Post subject:

“Not long,” Sara said as she walked into the apparent lightsaber shop, “Minute or two.”
Sara moved throughout the shop, gazing at the chrome metals and colored gems. Materials she knew existed, others were completely foreign to her. Lenses and various components amazed her. So many elegant pieces that work so well together to make the colored, material cutting blade distinct to a lightsaber. She seemed to be overly curious, a little headstrong with her eagerness to learn. She was just worried after all, fearing if she didn’t learn how to control her powers quickly someone would get hurt.

The same was apparent with her question, “You think you could share a tip or two on how to make a lightsaber?”

She leaned in while she waited for Sean’s reply, grasping a chrome cylinder with no apparent shape or form. But she felt like she could express herself with enough time put into the hilt. Something elegant. From the feelings she felt Lucas emanate when she was leaving: Agitation. Anger. She needed to prove to someone that she could handle this, and Lucas seemed to have doubt that she could pull it off from what she could feel.

Sara knew Alisson was close to Lucas and wondered if she had said anything on what she said in the medbay. No. She couldn’t have, Alisson knew it was a tough moment for Sara and wouldn’t give it away casually. She thought she was in love with Jonas in whatever measure it was and not only did she think she lost a friend, or something more, she found that the man she was falling for wasn’t even interested in her, let alone any other woman in the galaxy. She sighed inwardly. Why can’t I let him go? It’s over isn’t it?

She didn’t want to get in the way of anyone, Lucas for sure. With the way he was, and how blooded he looked when she ran into him, he wasn‘t someone to mess with. And going after his man would more than likely count as a measure to cut her in half.
Sara turned to Sean and waited for his answer.

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 09:23pm    Post subject:

Sean grinned genuinely at her. "The most important aspect of a saber is patience. It takes not only focus and attention, but a certain degree of technical aptitude. If you rush it, you can seriously injure or kill yourself." He beckoned her over, and when she was watching over his shoulder at the lit workbench with his saber disassembled upon it, he continued. "A saber is, foremost, a machine. It has to run smoothly and it has to run right. It also will need maintenance. However, a saber is also a reflection of the maker. It should flow from your arm. Part of this is a matter your involvement in the crafting, another is proper design."

Sean began to point out individual parts of his saber. "Every saber consists of a casing—which is generally metal, though varies by individual Jedi—a power cell, an emitter, a focusing crystal, a lens, and an activation switch. That's pretty much the basics of it, but it can be trickier than it sounds. The best advice is either to study lightsaber construction extensively before attempting it, or have an experienced individual watching you as you do it. Any particular questions you have before we move onto other training?" He looked her in the eyes now, stunned by their color, but trying to keep it from showing.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, September 10th 2010 09:44pm    Post subject:

As he finished and asked if she had any other questions, he turned and looked at her squarely in the eyes, and she did the same unknowingly. His creamy brown eyes seemed to deepen and lash out at her. Not literally, just the only way she could really describe it. It wasn’t unlike the glance she and Jonas shared on Denon--No, not again. She gently tore her sight away from Sean and back to the metal cylinder in his hand. Out of her peripherals she could see Sean was still looking at her, if it was for trying to get an answer out of her, or something more, she wasn’t sure.

“Think we could do lightsaber training?” she said, using a tone that made it come off as a stupid joke, “Let’s get back to telekinesis.”

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 12:44am    Post subject:

Sean raised a brow at her. "You're wanting to jump pretty quick there, huh?" He paused for a moment, leaning back as he examined her. It would be too soon for saber training. But... still, this was not a normal apprenticeship. Besides, saber skills would be most beneficial. "But..... well, that'd be quite impossible, really. We'd need training sabers, which I don't happen to have...... unless......." Sean looked at her, sizing her up. "Alright, let's go then. Pay attention here."

Sean began to slowly reassemble his saber, pointing out things she would need to know about the construction. He kept the parts spotlessly clean as he carefully fit them back into place. Soon, he was done and his saber sat before him once again. "The saber you will be building will be much simpler. Here," Sean stood, "Take the stool."

While she sat, Sean began rummaging through his bins and chests, finding the pieces he would need. Finally, he had two identical stacks of parts sitting side by side on the workbench, one in front of Sara's stool and the other in front of him. He began to slowly walk her through it. "Now, these casings are preassembled. I have them sitting around just for this purpose. They aren't fancy, but they have a decent grip and a simple hilt, which is great to learn on. Less distracting that way. You'll want to start by popping the casing open..."

He continued walking her through it, answering questions when she had them, but otherwise refraining from saying anything other than direction. At one point, she was blundering, and Sean leaned over her without thinking, his face right over her right shoulder, his left arm propping him up over her left shoulder. With his right hand, he pointed out what she was doing wrong. "Nah, nah. The wiring is crossed right here. You'll need to be sure that the power cell flows properly to the emitter, otherwise it'll malfunction. Best case scenario, it faults and simply burns itself out. Worst case, blows an arm off. You'll need to switch them around. Also, be sure that this attachment her is secure, otherwise..." He kept on instructing her, not even aware that he might be invading her personal boundaries.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, September 11th 2010 01:37am    Post subject:

Sara followed Sean’s instructions to the syllable, even if he was getting a little close for comfort. But she expected it when the display on the lightsaber didn’t come on, and Sean being how he was. She just hoped he meant it as lending a hand, and not flirting. Eventually she had a very generic lower half of a hilt. The other half was assembled and ready to be put in place, but Sara knew something was missing. “Now, this part is all you. I have a bin over there,” Sean said, pointing to a bin to her right, “They’re already pre-cut and polished, you just need to pick which crystal you want to use.”

Sara nodded, leaned towards the bin and began to slowly sift through the different gems, feeling a sharp…Something rise in Sean emotionally, then feel his attention quickly turn elsewhere. Sara did the same and felt through the bin of smooth gems carefully. She eventually got tired of pulling out a random gem, putting it back and repeating the process several times. She closed her eyes and reached in for what she hoped would be a final time, pulled out a gem and opened her eyes to gleam at the smooth, yellow diamond shaped gem in the palm of her hand.

Sara let a small smile cross her lips as she placed it gently within the four prongs that propped it up. She knew there had to be something else when it hit her. She placed both of her hands on the workbench next to the different, preassembled pieces of her training saber, Sean taking it as ‘I give up‘ and moving to help, when her eyes closed and she, and the parts of the lightsaber, began to shudder.

Sara could feel the pieces falling into place as she infused them with The Force as best she could so she could see them. She had heard that lightsabers needed to be assembled through precision use of The Force, and thought she might as well try. She heard a satisfying click as the two halves locked together and she opened her eyes, using her reflexes she’d learned from the Kashyyyk Shadowlands to catch the falling saber.

She looked at Sean with bewilderment in her eyes. Had she really just constructed a lightsaber? The legendary weapon used by Jedi?

Sean took a cautious step back and said, “Try ‘er out.”

Sara nodded and grimaced as she depressed the activation trigger, seeing the yellow glow of a lightsaber beneath her eyelids. She didn't feel pain or heat, and she could still feel her various body parts intact. She opened her eyes to see the lightsaber glowing in her hands. There was no weight to the blade, the only weight was in the hilt. Sure, she was used to a vibroblade and all, preferring a blaster overall, but the entire blade had weight to it. Here it was just a hilt with a massless blade that could cut through anything. She looked at Sean, waiting for a comment.

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Tue, September 14th 2010 01:01am    Post subject:

Sean examined her carefully, hands behind his back. The saber looked well enough, but there was really only one way to test it. Without warning he called his saber to him from the workbench, igniting it as it hit his palm. With a quick twirl of his saber, he brought it down on hers.... hard. There was never any risk of him hitting her. The attack was too far away, but she didn't know that. She seemed stunned and shocked, but was able to fend off Sean's attack. The saber though, as Sean wanted, shot out to her side.

As one fluid motion, Sean brought his saber around again, though this time clearly aiming for her saber and not her. He slammed it hard again, then brought it around again. It was now clear that he had no intention of hitting Sara, and after a few more powerful hits, Sean was satisfied. As the sabers made contact, Sean had kept a close eye on Sara's blade. He deactivated his saber and nodded, flashing her a mischievous grin. "Very nice. The true test of a saber's proper construction is to have it take some hits. If it is going to fault, it usually will after only a few hits. Your blade is strong and solid, which is very good. A finely constructed training saber indeed." Sean paused, but not really long enough for her to respond.

He moved to a pile of miscellaneous objects on the other side of the hanger. He crouched down and dug around for a while, not really paying any attention to Sara. He finally found what he was looking for and came up with a metal ball. "Here we are." Sean stood and moved back to Sara. "This is a training remote." Sean twisted a dial on it. "I have it set to the lowest setting. Pretty much it shoots beams that will sting like hell when they hit ya. Your goal? Deflect the blasts." With that, Sean activated it stepped back as it began to hover in the air. With that, he turned to leave. "I'll be back in a minute. Have some things to do. Good luck. Remember, feel it, don't see it. Trust the Force to guide you." and with that, he left the hanger and headed to the ship's comm unit.

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, September 14th 2010 03:56am    Post subject:

Sara looked dumbfounded as she watched Sean leave the lightsaber shop, her lightsaber still casting a yellow glow throughout the room even with the ceiling lighting. She didn’t know how long she had contemplated Sean’s leave, until her arm with the lightsaber in hand flared like she was in hell, as Sean had put it. “Frak!” Her arm flailed and dropped her saber, automatically turning off as it dropped to the ground. In the distance she could hear Sean laugh amusingly at her dismay.
She rubbed her arm to remove the pain, then another shot impacted her other arm in continuation. Flared, she called upon the Force to pull her saber back to her hand. It made it about halfway up, before clanging back to the ground.

A sting in the back of her head, not the same as a stun bolt, something more. She instantly dove her head down as she heard the distinct pahling of the remote’s stun bolt dart behind her skull. She grabbed her saber from the ground and activated it, taking another hit in the leg. She continued to take hits as her saber fruitlessly tried to get in front of the incoming bolts, “Kriffing piece of Junk!” she yelled after taking a hit in the stomach.
Then it hit her: Remember: Feel it, don't see it. Trust the Force to guide you.

The thought was rocked out of her head as she was hit in the chest, knocking the wind out of her. The skin under her clothes were probably bruised now from taking so many hits, and the remote was getting more accurate as it shifted between difficulty settings.
She closed her eyes despite taking another hit in the arm, luckily her lightsaber not falling out this time. She exhaled and listened to The Force, then her lightsaber darted at the sound of another bolt, but she didn’t feel the pain that time. The remote paused, then a trio of shots came forward and she didn’t feel the pain. Had she just--? Another pahling and her leg flared in pain.

She concentrated more, use The Force in whatever measure to ease the pain, even slightly. Her senses were split between deflecting the bolts and fear of the bolts--There is no death, there is The Force. Her fear suddenly washed away. There was no way she could actually be harmed by this, thing. Death, or in this case pain, wasn’t real, in a way. If she didn’t fear it, it wouldn’t harm her. Sara’s mind calmed, and she focused on The Force and the wrist of her hands.
Her senses spiked and another bolt was deflected, then another and another. Soon her eyes opened and she continued to deflect bolt after bolt, the odd one slipping past her slowly closing defenses. The yellow glow of her saber confounded her, amazed her. She was wielding the legendary weapon of the Jedi, and though the remote was on, possibly, a beginner’s setting, she was doing a fairly good job--
“Frak.” she uttered as another bolt hit her squarely in her wrist. Ignorance.

Sara made a final effort, concentrating on The Force, her lightsaber and the remote. The droid fired, and the shot deflected back to it’s source, the droid didn’t seem affected, but it seemed to acknowledge the hit and deactivated, pinging on the floor as it hit. She smiled and deactivated her lightsaber, using The Force to clip her lightsaber to her belt, or so she thought, hearing it clang to the floor, more specifically her shoeless foot. She cursed again, reaching down to pick up her saber and clip it manually, she’d need to work on that trick. She grabbed the remote and began to search for Sean, it had surely been more than a minute.

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 02:25am    Post subject:

It took Sean some time to make the call, but once he did, he felt confident about.... well.... ah, what the hell. What was he doing? Why was he calling Luke? He knew what was going to be said. Still.... Luke had always treated him with kindness. He'd almost been like a father, sometimes.... a Master, at least. After Sean's master died, leaving his training incomplete, Luke had taken Sean on for a few weeks while he decided whether Sean was ready to be promoted to knight or not. Sean had to... he just had to let Luke know.

His first try was unsuccessful. Luke wasn't at the temple. However, Sean did get him at his home. Luke seemed distracted. "Sean?" surprise. "You left the planet in a hurry. Is everything alright?" Luke definitely was distracted, but he obviously still cared.

Sean hesitated. In the end, he decided to be straightforward. "Lu... Master Skywalker.... my father's been murdered."

Luke paused for a long moment, giving Sean his full attention. "I'm sorry Sean..... where are you?"

"En route to Kashyyyk."

".... and what's on Kashyyyk?"

Sean grasped the sides of the comm console, bowing over it as he shook with emotion so complex he couldn't describe it. "His killed." he finally said.

Luke paused. "Sean.... this is a dark road you're on. I know. I've been there. I understand what you're feeling. Are you sure you don't want to talk about this?"

"Master..... Luke.... I have to do this. Don't try to stop me. I'm not alone. I.... I have a woman here. She's.... she just came into the Force. I just wanted to let you know I'm unofficially training her. As my Grand Master, I thought you should know."

Luke paused again, then heaved a sigh. "You always bring yourself into the most complex situations. Are you sure you have to do this, Sean?"

"Positive, master."

Luke looked at him for a long moment. "Be careful. May the Force be with you." Sean nodded, then terminated the call. He stood there a moment, his spirit sinking for some unknown reason. After he pulled himself together some, he moved down the hallway and settled into the pilot's chair of the cockpit. He stared out the viewport for a long while before pulling up an image on one of the cockpit viewscreens. The image showed a smiling girl... woman, really.... about twenty years old. She was wearing a blue sweater, and her dark hair flowed down her face, concealing half of it. He sat there and stared for quite some time as a series of complex emotions threatened to envelope him.

Sara Soro First Previous Next Latest

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, September 16th 2010 12:36am    Post subject:

Sara paced into the cockpit of The Nova Hound, Sean propping his feet on the dashboard, as usual, and looking at one of the consoles. He was entranced with it from what Sara could see. She tilted her head to see past Sean and to the console. As she did she felt a few emotions peeking out, depression piercing Sean’s barriers that tried to seal it. On the other end and on the console she saw a woman, early twenties with dark hair covering most of her face except for a her right cheek and vibrant green eye. Her blue sweater made the entire photo pop, and Sara couldn’t help but ask, interrupting the trance Sean was in, not knowing she was there, “Who is she?” she asked caringly.

Sean jumped, figuratively and closed the picture hurriedly, “Just an old friend from the past,” he turned to her completely and stood from the captains seat, "Sorry. Lost track of time. How did training go?"

“Good, I can deflect the odd bolt now, as a start.” Sara said, rubbing her arm as a ting of numbness remained.
Sean nodded slowly, he was distracted she could feel. He felt... Hollow.
“Good, good. Were you wanting to do anymore training today?”

Sara’s head hung back in thought. Did she have it in her to do anymore today? If she stressed herself too hard she could mess up or misinterpreted something, like with the training remote. But she was eager to learn, at least. Maybe being a Jedi wasn’t going to be so bad. To be honest, Zend wasn’t going to be much of a challenge, and there had been no reports of Dark Jedi or Sith in the past two decades. The whole Force Thing seemed like a cakewalk, no storm trooper, or Zorm Troopers could stand between a Jedi, or in Sara’s case: Initiate even.

She placed a hand on her training saber, making sure the motion was indicated to what she dimly had in mind and said, "I think I have one more training session in me. Any suggestions?"

Sean took a deep breath after noting the saber, closed his eyes for a quick second and nodded, "That's fine. I'll meet you in the hold."

Sara nodded and walked next to Sean for a moment as she went to the hold as he went to the other side of the ship. Sara entered the hold and pulled her saber off it’s belt. She pondered the cylinder in her hand, it looked like a chrome rod with a button on it. At least it was just a training saber. She’d have to get creative with her real saber when the time came.
Sara closed her eyes and embraced The Force, letting her shaky and inexperienced senses alert her to when Sean arrived, and quickly lost track of time.

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Mon, September 20th 2010 01:39am    Post subject:

As Sara went off to the hold, Sean went to his room. His calm was starting to unravel, but it had nothing to do with his dad this time. That wound was major, but as shallow as a puddle compared to the sea of turmoil that now engulfed him. Depression, loneliness, desolation.... abandonment. He clutched either side of his counter top in his cabin and took some deep breaths. However, he couldn't control his emotions. The gaping wound in his chest seemed as fresh as the day it was made.

Desperate for release, he grabbed a bottle of brandy and began chugging it. The surge of alcohol in his system slammed into his mind, flooding it over and submerging him in a dumbed down version of reality. His mind grew foggier and he was able to push away from the precipice of despair that resided just next to his heart.

He stood now, staggering ever so slightly before continuing on to the hold. He had composed himself, and still walked straight as he ignored Sara and moved to his work bench. The second pile of parts lay before him. With precision that showed great experience, he began piecing the saber together. While he wasn't plastered, he was a little beyond tipsy, but the training saber in front of him was largely preassembled, and only required some less refined movements to complete. In not too long, Sean held the training saber in his hands as he turned to face Sara. "Shall we dance, my sweet?" He asked her.

Sara Soro First Previous Next Latest

Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, September 20th 2010 02:04am    Post subject:

Sara watched Sean for a moment as he reassembled his lightsaber. He seemed to get more…Loose with his movement as he put the pieces of the training saber together. His feet were wobbled slightly and his mind was fogged. Dozens of emotions trying to pierce his protective barrier from the fogginess, but he still had enough control to keep it under wraps.
“Shall we dance, my sweet?” He asked her.

Sara used The Force and pulled her training saber from her belt and gripped it firmly. She smiled inwardly, she was slowly getting the hang of this. Maybe being older had it’s advantages rather than starting out on the Jedi Path as a youngling. But it also probably had it’s disadvantages that she had yet to notice, one of them having felt most emotions already and letting them bleed out at times. The other was feelings for others, like Jonas. She quickly muttered in her head, There is no passion, there is serenity. If she could keep that thought in her mind to counter the reoccurring thoughts of Jonas, she might just make it.

Sean motioned his hand. Letting her get the first strike. She ignited her yellow blade and rushed forward in determined silence, hilt at her hip with the blade ready to dart to any position to counterattack.

Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Mon, September 20th 2010 09:35am    Post subject:

As Sara rushed forward and attacked, Sean felt his balance shift. He went with it, half stumbling, half stepping back to avoid her slash. As he watched the girl, he swayed a little, letting the alcohol take control, using his instincts to ensure his safety. She countered, slashing at him again, but he did like he did before. He found whichever direction seemed easiest and let his off balance state aid in his dodging.

This went on for a short time, and soon Sara seemed to be quite confident... maybe even cocky. That's when there was an opening. She thrust, and Sean side stepped it, flicked his saber into hers, batting it aside, and twirling his saber quickly to bring it down one her right leg. The hit made little contact, as Sean quickly twirled it away, stumbling back slightly and leaning up against a wall to steady himself for a moment.

"Your moves are slow and simple, which is good.... to a point. A nice..." he had to stop to think. "A nice starting point. Never underestimate your opponent though, nor..." Sean was having trouble thinking clearly now, and that was showing in his speech. "nor.... underestimate your opponent.... no.... overestimate yourself. That's it. There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence. Don't cross it or you will die." He just watched her for a moment.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Modified YT-1930 "Nova Hound"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: