Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, January 26th 2011 03:29pm    Post subject:

Tseneca had stared at the locked door behind her, her body cold in some semblance of shock. He'd attacked her. Not just that, had tried to rape her. He'd always been gentle, and normal, and....

She rushed down the hallway, still trying to catch her breath. Her body was sore from the beating she'd taken, but it hardly amounted to the numbness she was feeling.

It didn't take long for her to sputter out some sort of explanation to Lucas, before he and Alison went back to take care of Sethe.

Coral walked with her down the hallway to sickbay. the other woman was quiet for the most part, but glanced at Tseneca concerned.

"You're not hurt?"

Tseneca shook her head, ignoring the bruises. "I just don't understand it."

Coral nodded. "I'm sure there's some explaination..."

"His eyes... He wasn't... right." Tseneca said. Coral slipped a dressing robe over her tattered tunic, and moved to the wash station to wet a cloth for her. The mirror there was shattered. That was what had happened to his hand.

Half listening, she heard Coral tell her that she'd seen Sethe trying to tend his wound, he was cold and abraisive, she'd thought he was just upset about something. Tseneca remembered her own similar experience.

"He's never come at me like that." Tseneca said as Coral handed her something hot to drink.

Coral looked at her seriously, the unspoken moving back and forth between them. Whether or not the others knew, the two of them knew exactly what had happened in that room. Tseneca flashed at him ripping at her clothes, forcing her knees open...

She shuddered. The medbay doors slid open and Lucas and Alison dragged Sethe into the room. He was unconscious, again or still, she had no clue.

"Strap him down." Lucas ordered, and Alison pushed him onto the bed and pulled heavy harnesses over his arms and chest.

Tseneca looked at Lucas, as if asking if that was really necessary. Of course she knew it was. Lucas was shooting platitudes in her direction. Good, well meaning platitudes, but she knew he had never trusted the man, and so his sentiment seemed less than helpful.

A disease. Or so Alison expained after Lucas left. Tydreannian Syndrome, from the rats on Dahrtag. Fitz had used it to innoculate his zombies with adrenaline and agression. One bite from one of those things had turned Sethe into some kind of animal.

"He's heavily sedated now." Alison said. "If we can find a proper coctail its possible he can function almost nominally, at least for a while."

"Just keep pumping him with drugs?" Coral sounded incredulous.

"Unless you want a repeat of what just happened then yes. He'll have to be kept sedate. Also, the virus is likely contageous... blood-borne."

Tseneca's senses were beginning to return. It wasn't Sethe's fault. Of course she'd known that when shed seen his face. He'd not meant to hurt her....

But she wasn't weak to this either. He was changed, and precautions had to be taken.

"This is the moment where we need a ships medic." Tseneca stood and strode to the storage unit. She rifled through it until she found two syringes with accompanying vials. Three years of Imperial military first-aid training would have to suffice. She removed the sterile guard on the first syringeand walked over to Sethe's limp form. Taking his forearm, she thrust the needle into a spot just above the underside of his elbow. The syringe filled with dark red liquid and she pulled it out once full, separating the needle from its sealed vial. She repeated the process with the second syringe, discarded the bio hazardous materials and held the vials up to the other two women.

"If we can get one of these to the doctors at Bakura, and the other to Thyferra we can start to work on developing an antidote. Otherwise, Alison, I'll need you to come up with a mix of sedatives that can keep him stable when he comes to."

Alison gave a nod. She knew what she's given him, and shouldn't have to hard a time of coming up with something. They had enough supplies on board to tranq a rancor, so they should be set before they reached Bakura.

Coral touched her shoulder and gave her a little grin. "It doesnt take much to get you back in the captains chair."

Tseneca gave a half-hearted smile back. Be that as it may, she was weary and worried. She could hear Sethe's monitor beaping normally, like some kind of beacon.
 Back to top »
Rylii Kuat
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, January 26th 2011 05:37pm    Post subject:

Rylii adjusted his Kuati designer clothing and shifted his weight off the bed and near the window. They were no longer in hyperspace. "Jonas, wake up." Rylii didn't mind spending time with him, in fact, he probably preferred it outside of Valexxia. Jonas yawned, his entire body flexing and sprawling across the sheets. "Do you know where we are?" The star system wasn't familiar, but he could tell they were no longer near the Core.

"No clue," Jonas laughed and tugged some pants on before the pair of them walked away from the quarters, attempting to find someone and get the 411. Lucas was Lumiya's target and in order to remove him from the crew, he needed to wedge himself between those he cared about on this ship. Tseneca was number one, and Jonas was a close second. Coral was humming in the hallway, the New Republic officer had been joyfully singing one of her government showtunes.

"Hey," Jonas had called out to her, while Rylii brought up a computer terminal screen. He copied their coordinates and sent it through a secure dataline. SAMM would, if he could, trace the signal to Kuat, but that is as far as he could tell. From there, a droid would pick it up, translate it, then send it to one of Lumiya's agents. "Do you know where we are?"

Coral pulled away from what she was doing. "This ship is pretty advanced, Kuat Drive Yards wiring mixed in there. Lucas must've had it repaired there, somewhat recently?" Jonas nodded, then she shrugged. "It's awesome really, especially SAMM. Hard to find an AI better than he."

"Thank you."

Coral hummed a response, before returning to Jonas' question. "Bakura. Bacta business. Where were you guys? Were you together?"

That was rather intrusive. "Bakura," Not really Core-standard, but wasn't exactly Outer Rim stereotype either. "All right. I can live with that. Say, Rebel, you have any idea where I can grab a bite. I'm starving."

Coral leaned against the bulkhead, "You missed a lot last night. Sethe is infected with something, I'd stay away from him. Alisson managed to find the right dose to keep him tame, well, as tame as he can be." She was trying to get what exactly they were doing last night. Rylii smirked, she could try all she wanted, but she wasn't going to get it. Rebel agent to the core.

"Rylii and I were together," Jonas answered, and Rylii cringed. He didn't need Lucas to go all haywire, not now. Way to show your poker face, Jonas. "Is he all right?"

"I think so. He's alive, not really himself." She knew something else, but kept it to herself.

"I'm going to go see him," Jonas sounded concerned, as Rylii shifted in the opposite direction.

"And I'm going to shower."
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, January 26th 2011 06:18pm    Post subject:

Sethe opened his eyes. He felt woozy and sore. Hot. He gave a little grunt as he tried to sit or stretch and found that he was rendered imobile. His vision cleared and he raised his head a little, feeling slightly sick. He looked down. Straps held in his upper arms, waist and legs.

"Sithspit." He rasped, and fell back against the bed, trying to relax as the heat from his body radiated through the bed. "Son of a bitch." What the hell...

"good. you're awake."

He looked to the side. sitting a little ways away was Tseneca. She looked like she'd been half asleep. She rose and went over to the moniter above him, looked at it and clicked to check more vitals. He blinked at her as she worked. "Do you remember anything?" She asked, not looking at him.

He didn't. Well, wait. There was the mirror thing. And then he'd gone to the cabin. He also knew he felt like he'd been hit by a very large speeder. Tseneca perched on the bed, bending over where he lay. Checking the straps.

There was a bruise on her cheek. he raised the part of his arm that wasnt constrained and touched her gently.

As if shocked she flinched back, eyes wide. Fear....

"Oh god." He remembered. Not all of it, but the main parts. What he'd tried to do...

She didn't look at him. "Its called Tydreannian Syndrome." She said, almost too bluntly. "You were infected when that thing bit you."

"Tseneca, i didn't--"

She pressed his wrist. hard. It was supposed to be reassuring, but she was cold about it. "I've sent blood samples to Bakura and Thyferra. This is dangerous Sethe. You're..." She didn't finish.

Dangerous. I'm dangerous He felt anger rise up, and then flee, not nearly as bad as before. Whatever they had him on was working.

He saw her swallow, she still wouldn't look at him directly. "We're going to keep you here until we're sure the drugs are working. Its trial and error from this point on. Alison's worked up a sedative coctail that should keep you functioning nominally, at least until a cure can be found."

"Mesh'la, I'm not going to do anything."

She looked at him sharply. "We can't know that."

He breathed in heavily, then exhaled. He tried not to give into the self pity that was seeping into him.

"Did I hurt you." He asked, his voice was almost null.

She shook her head slowly. She came over and, with only a slight hesitation, brushed a damp piece of hair back from his forehead.

A voice came over the comm system. It was Coral, they'd come out of hyperspace. Her voice was calm.

"We've arrived at Bakura."
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, January 27th 2011 04:52am    Post subject:

Kyp had remained a silent observer throughout the lull in activity. He drifted from the med bay to the cockpit and back again. It seemed like the majority of the crew had done the same, some not of their own free will. He imagined that Tseneca would not want to enter the captain's quarters for some time.

The hum of the hyperdrive slowly faded into the reverberating sub-light engines. Coral spoke crisply over the intercom, "We've arrived at Bakura."

Kyp rubbed his arms and shoulders to no avail. He felt like hammered on poodoo. He hoped that it wouldn't matter how he felt. Hopefully their or rather Tseneca's business here would be brief.

He could smell Imperial through the airlocks. Or perhaps that was bacta still backed up in his nasal passages.

Nevertheless Kyp ran over his usual checklist and moved to the exit ramp. He wanted to be the first to put his boots down on solid ground. In his own small way it made him feel better. Being a well known Jedi and Republic Pilot, it would be a smack to the face of any Imp greeting party to see him first and everyone else second.

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, February 11th 2011 07:17am    Post subject:

Adventures contine on Bakura:
http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=780
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 05th 2011 12:14pm    Post subject:

After Bakura...

Sethe narrowed his eyes at the transmission, and snorted somewhat derisively. Business relationship... who did Cragus 12 think he was kidding? That episode on Bacrana 12 years ago... if he thought that that was a business relationship, the man was sorely mistaken. Yes, Sethe had been in it for the money, and yes, he had agreed to take the no-questions-asked route, but in no way did he consider....

Aw, Droyk. Sethe sat back in the desk chair and tapped his fingers roughly on the console, hitting the playback button. However strange Cragus was, the guy knew he could call him in a pinch. That was the problem, If he didn't owe Cragus for what he did for him back on the fringe, then maybe he's have stood half a chance to refuse him the favor. He especially liked the way Cragus made it sound like he could avoid the request, as if he had a choice. That was a nice touch.

Sethe swiveled the chair and launched himself out of it, leaving Tseneca's quarters and heading back to the cockpit where Jonas was leaning heavily on the console. He stopped at the entry way. He wouldn't say anything just yet, not about the request. There was still time before he was supposed to rendezvous with Cragus at Starforge, that would give him time to explain to the crew what was going on... mostly to Tseneca.

He winced. Tseneca. If she found out what he'd done...

"Whats up with you?" Jonas had turned around and was looking at Sethe inquisitively.

"Nothing." Sethe came forward took a seat in the co-pilot's chair. He'd tell them soon enough, at least what he needed to in order to get on board Cragus 12's operation and relieve his debt. Then that would be that. "So... Bespin?"

Solomon: I left the particulars purposefully vague about whatever job happened with Sethe and Cragus 12 years ago. I hope what I wrote works, if not I can fix it. As it is, I thought we could come up with some sort of backstory, if you wanted. might be fun. let me know :-)

Tag: Solomon, Alex
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, July 07th 2011 02:59am    Post subject:

"Bespin." Jonas answered back, a little perplexed by the many happenings of the crew. They had gained a few, Morgan, Coral, and a possible younger version of Lucas, Kris. More than half of them had been wounded. Physically, Coral was broken, Alisson lost the ability to move her arm, while Tseneca's face had been burned into a possible permanent scar. Emotionally, Lucas was angry, Sethe was disease-ridden, with no idea how messed up Kris was. He looked bad, and with his age, it was unlikely he'd handle this well after the initial shock. His family had lived such a privileged lifestyle. Then there was Master Durron, the calm and collected, an anchor to the whirlwind of chaos they had just experienced.

Jonas spun around in his chair after the older man had entered from behind. "You don't look so well." He had detected the transmission, which SAMM had routed to Tseneca's private quarters. Could it have been the content of the message?

"Yeah? No one does."

Jonas let him slide, not pushing for any kind of information. His mind was clearly elsewhere. "I asked SAMM to keep an eye on Morgan, to be honest, I don't really trust him."

"Tseneca trusts him, that's good enough for me."

Jonas could tell this conversation wasn't going to go very far, he seemed to be in a testy mood. Jonas turned the chair around, "We've got about an hour or two before we hit Bespin. You think Sara and that Denora Master-Jedi made it through the blockade? They're still stuck on the surface."

Tag: Jess, Orrion Carn
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, July 07th 2011 11:25am    Post subject:

Kyp had left Tseneca to a relative peace while they were in transport. The young Eisley was spot on with his assessment. The crew was beaten half to hell and those left unscathed were still not running one hundred percent. He had managed to procure a few bumps and scrapes during his stay on Bakura. Nothing that won't heal.

"Master Denora knows quite a lot. She is in good hands." Kyp said full well knowing Denora's training style and philosophy.

Jonas turned in his seat, arms crossed, intent on breaking the ice between the Jedi Master and himself. "Bespin again it seems," he said, trailing off.

Kyp laughed softly and slid a little further down into the seat. "At least we know who tried to kill Tseneca in our previous visit," he rubbed his index and thumb against his growing beard in thought. "Those who have been injured are still in danger." The Jedi Master sat upright and leaned inwards to Jonas, making direct eye contact. "If my time on this ship has taught me anything, it's that we are not out of the woods yet."
Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, July 07th 2011 11:43am    Post subject:

"It was a frakking miracle we got out like we did." Sethe answered the boy. And it was. Whatever Krauss was playing at wasn't... normal.

Kyp entered the cockpit and took the rear seat. His exchange with Jonas was relatively short, but the comment about the danger they were still in left a stock silence in the compartment.

"We'll be fine once we get to cloud city." Sethe said in a way he knew wasn't the least bit re-assuring. Actually, what he needed was more sedative, he'd used the last dose only an hour or so before he'd recieved the transmission from Cragus 12. He shook his head, not wanting to think about it. He turned to Kyp. "How are they?"

the Jedi looked at him calculating. "Mostly sleeping, or something close to it." Then he tilted his head. "You should talk to Tseneca yourself, and not beat around it."

Sethe didn't meet his gaze. He had his reasons for avoiding her, but none of them were that good. He braced himself on the co-pilots chair and heaved himself out of it. "better late then never, I suppose." he scowled and left the room.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, July 07th 2011 12:19pm    Post subject:

Kyp glanced at her, but didn't bother to wipe the shadow of concern from his face. For all the older man's brazen attitude, he wasn't one to take things lightly. She knotted her hair up as he moved to apply salve to the back of her neck and shoulder blades. She couldn't see his face anymore.

"Slipped up..." He mumbled. "Thats what you're calling it now?"

She swallowed. Why did she feel like a reprimanded child when he spoke to her like this. "I don't need a lecture..." She started.

He pinched her a little, and she wasn't sure it was entirely by accident. "I told you." He said. "just because your straddling both sides of the spectrum doesn't mean you don't have to learn to control yourself." He faced her, and she looked back at him, eyes still swollen under the bandages. His face was expressionless, but his eyes held something else, she just wasn't sure what. She tried to look away he put his hand under her chin, somewhat gently, and made her face him. "You haveto learn control. If you continue to do this you put too many lives at stake, including your own."

She shook her jaw roughly away, irked. "I'm trying--"

His voice was gruff. "Not hard enough, you're not." He stepped away from the table. "If you're not going to listen to me, thats fine, but don't put others in danger because you're too hard headed to listen to yourself." He opened his cloak slightly, letting her see the second lightsaber hanging from his belt. Her lightsaber.

She reached out her hand, but he turned away, letting his robe fall back into place. He began putting medical supplies back into the cabinet. He shut the doors. "you can have it back when you can prove to me that you can control yourself."

"thats not fair..." She said, her voice low.

He faced her narrowly. "It is. Its one thing to have the abilities you have and commit yourself to either power, but its control of each side of the force, in even succession, that allows you to stay in a gray area. If you can't control the different aspects of the force and balance them, than you're no better than a darksider. Do you understand what I'm telling you?"

She stared at him for a long few seconds before nodding and looking away. She was suddenly very tired. "Yes." She whispered. It was as close to resignation in the fact that he was her teacher as she was going to get. She would never call him master.

He came forward and gently pushed a piece of hair back from her face. When she looked up, he was smiling crookedly, as if apologizing for having to pull out the ruler. It wasn't enough to make her feel less uncomfortible, but at least he'd eased off. He took a quick glance around, where the others were fairly passed out on their prospective bunks. his smile faded. "This didn't end well..." he muttered, surveying the damage.

She looked around too. "Thats another thing." She said. "These burns..." She indicated the bandaging on her face and back. "They have some sort of weapon."

"What kind of weapon?" His eyes narrowed.

"I'm not sure. Krauss said it was for "people of my kind", I'm pretty sure she meant force-users. As soon as the blast hit me, I went black. Its like a lightbulb went off, I couldn't touch the force at all."

"It affected your nervous system, that's enough to make you lose your concentration."

She shook her head. "It was more than that. it was... bad."

He nodded, thinking. After a second, he made a move to leave. "I'll look into it." He said, and reassured her with another half smile. "You should rest, you need to."

She watched him turn and leave the medbay, the frosted doors sliding closed behind him. Suddenly overwhelmed, she tucked her legs up and lay down on the bunk. Her body and face felt fevered and she was worn, thought her mind buzzed a meter a minute. Despite this, she let the drugs to their thing, and drifted off into a deep sleep.

kyp: I don't know if you saw the other post that I tagged you in: I know you're super busy. but I took some liberties here with your character, and I hope thats okay. I can and will change anything you want if it comes to it. :-) Also, I'm sure you guys can tell that the above posts by me are backward in time....

Tag: kyp
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, July 07th 2011 12:38pm    Post subject:

(Continues from Here.)

Morgan growled a little as he was seemingly warned away from finding anything to eat. Clearly, he would have to wait till either they reached their next destination or there was some kind of mealtime before he would be able to get his stomach filled.

”Fine.” He said, though it wasn’t very audible. He still had other things he could do. He hadn’t slept in nearly as long either, and getting stunned wasn’t nearly the same thing.

Finding the nearest open seat, Morgan sat down, and feel asleep soon afterwards in spite of his empty stomach.

(Click Here to Continue.)
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, July 07th 2011 01:24pm    Post subject:

Wandering out into the corridor, Sethe nearly tripped over Morgans feet, extended in front of him as he dozed in one of the common area alcoves. He supposed he owed the cyborg something for helping the others back on Krauss's ship. But the guy had nearly gotten them killed with that stunt involving Tarrison Var.

He reached up into one of the mess compartements and pulled out a food pouch and a thing of Juri juice, setting it in front of Morgan. He could eat when he woke up, whenever that was.

He made his way back down the corridor to the medbay, the doors hissing open before him. It was quiet, as Coral, Lucas, and Kris were all asleep on bunks. He looked to the right where Tseneca was curled up on on of the examination tables, the upper half of her body and half of her face covered with bandages, and her forearm hooked into a drip. She was sound asleep.

He took a little while to watch her, her mouth open slightly, and chest moving up and down with her breathing. Now, relaxed and sleeping, she didn't have the constant guard up that she did on a regular basis. He hadn't seen her this relaxed since the time they'd spent last time they had been on bespin, and he was sorry that the reservedness she released when she slept came at such a heavy cost.

He moved to leave the compartment, but his hip hit one of the surgical tables and he knocked over a bunch of tools. They hit the ground with a clatter. He looked around hastily to see if he'd woken anyone, but as he bent to pick them up, knew that they were all too drugged to stir.

"clumsy..."

He looked over his shoulder. Tseneca hadn't moved but was looking at him groggily, the half of her face that wasn't obscured by gauze alert, though sleepy. "Whats a girl gotta do to get some sleep around here?"

He picked the tools up and piled them back on the tray cart. "I didn't mean to wake you.."

"didn't you?" He thought she was being prickly, but she was smiling softly at him.

"How do you feel?" he asked and came forward, observing Kyps bandage work.

She grimiced as he touched the side of her face and pulled away slightly. He didn't know if it was from the pain, or the fact that she did that every time he touched her now days.

"Not so hot." She said. "One thing after another. But I haven't been asleep long. These sedatives aren't working..."

"We'll be planet side soon." He tried to re-assure her.

"Great, then I'm back in that cloud city hospital." She paused. "Speaking of which, where's Ryles?"

He felt his anger flare up and he exhaled. "He dodged ship before we took off." He nodded to Lucas. "Stuck the kid with enough tranqs to keep him out for days. Not to mention thats just about his eighth dose in two days."

"I told you we should have never let that kid on this ship. Hoth was our first mistake."

Sethe shrugged. "We'll he's gone now, so no use worrying over it."

"whats going on with Morgan?" She asked

Sethe shrugged again. "I gave him some food. He's asleep now. along with most of the crew." He gestured to the bunks.

She swallowed visibly. "What about you? Don't you need sleep too?"

He looked at her. She was acting so congenial, as if the conversations they had had on Bakura had never taken place. He knew how she felt, and it was hard to grudge her, but regardless, he was wary.

"I'm okay." he said. His voice lowered trailed off, and he remembered what kyp had said. He locked eyes with her. "I was worried about you. I..."

But she cut him off with a wave of her hand. "Don't. Its fine. Its done now. not worth talking about"

"Tseneca."

She looked away. "Really, I mean it."

He felt his heart drop. This was what it was going to be then. It was like a horrible weight was crashing in on him. Nothing had changed. The bottom line was, she didn't want him. Not anymore.

He put his hand in his pocket and felt around, fishing for the chain he knew was buried there. He lifted it out and felt the weight of the tags and the data disc in his palm. He set it on the tray next to the tools, watched her eyes drift to it and narrow. He turned to go. He didn't have to tell her that he understood what she wanted from him.

"I got a call from an old... friend. Someone I did a job with a while ago. He's got an assignment he wants me to take."

Her eyes lifted from the tags, she looked at him sharply. "You're leaving?"
He couldn't read anything in her voice, he wasn't even sure it it was a question or a statement.

He shrugged. He honestly didn't know what to say, just that he needed to get out of that room. Now.

Without another word, he turned and walked away.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, July 08th 2011 04:16pm    Post subject:

He had come around part way through Master Durron's lecture of Tseneca's lack of control, and instantly, Lucas was reminded of his own predicament. He had been contacted by the entity, a being in the practice defined by the Jedi Order as the Sith. A view of the Force so dark, so evil, it was treasonous to pursue any studies to their philosophy. Death might even be warranted to those who meddle too far off the path of the Light, with the exception of the gray. The cohesive meld of the Jedi Order under the careful and constant tutelage of Grand Master Luke Skywalker was beginning to fracture, Lucas could feel this, everyone could. Masters like Denora, Durron, Skywalker and Solo were perhaps on the same side. But it wasn't a secret the difference in character the woman in the Jedi Archives, nor the minds of the students. They could feel the rift forming, and choices of their future were wide open. In a year, it was likely the Order would be split, shattered.

The patience and reverent behavior of the Old Republic era didn't quite translate, but the decades of galactic peace aided what wounds would form. With Bakura creating a clear picture on the new galaxy they were about to enter, it was difficult to tell where the Jedi would fall. Would they become soldiers? Advisors? Or would they retreat to planet enclaves such as Yavin IV or a private sector undisclosed to the rest of the Republic, Union and Remnant respectfully? Lucas kept his eyes closed as Tseneca accepted Durron's teaching, submissive to the end of the conversation, but he could still sense the fighting-spirit beneath her.

As Durron left, Lucas chose not to talk to her. He felt disconnected from the crew, more than ever. Rylii had left, blaming Valexxia for his actions. Could it have been true?

Lucas wrangled with this thought, trying to believe his native comrade wouldn't outright betray him to the True Empire, what would he have to win? He couldn't possibly think he could take Kuat back under his name, not now, with everything that had happened with Kuat of Kuat. No, his family would never be trusted, not for generations. Lucas tried to understand, maybe Rylii was dealing partial-truths. If the Sith had truly returned, he was no doubt an agent of this Lumiya. The doubt had ended when he confessed to turning over Tseneca, which meant Lumiya was working for Commander Krauss.

Lucas rolled over, pulling his arm to create a cushion against the metallic slab Jonas had set him on. Valexxia had affected Jonas, and now Rylii, who else had she played with? Lucas shifted his body, unable to find the right position, and rose from the bed. His head fluttered with the sudden surge of an erect posture, he felt the weight of the tranquilizers and the energy he didn't feel. It was like exhaustion, supreme exhaustion. He hadn't slept in three days and with all the battle fatigue coupled with the tranquilizers, he wasn't surprised at the feeling.

The Force was the only thing keeping him awake. Something was happening in the galaxy, and on Bespin, two paths would be laid before him.

Would he choose the path of his Master, Anakin Solo, and become a Jedi like his siblings and hold a position in the unstable, yet prosperous Jedi Order?

Or would he choose the path Lumiya had selected him for? Not many in the last thousand years had ever been privy to study under a Sith Lord.

Bespin. He didn't have to decide until Bespin.

Valexxia First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, July 10th 2011 11:59pm    Post subject:

She was going to call after him, but couldn't when it came down to it. She stuck her arm out and seized the tags, her arm heavy and ungainly and the tray clattering in the floor. She fingered the inscriptions and the data disk, sparkling in the light of the medbay. Her thumb passed over the writing and she was suddenly feeling so... helpless.

She hadn't meant to hurt him, hadn't wanted to. But her guilt and her fear toward him and everything he was made her want to run. They couldn't be together, thats just how it was. Now he was leaving, and it was her fault. It was what she wanted right? For him to not be held back by her and some superficial promise he'd made to Emmett?

She looked at the tags. Emmett. Gods... why did he have to ....

Suddenly angry, she hurled the tags at the wall, where they smashed up harmlessly against the metal plating and clattered to the floor. She tried to swing up off the bunk but her body wouldnt obey her and her head smacked back down on the table. She felt tears come to her eyes, not just from pain, but from grief. A long put off and horribly bottled grief, accompanied by blame and--

"Self-pity?" Lucas' voice was groggy and slurred. She felt him sit up slowly from his own bunk.

"Stop it." She growled, and sniffed, the bandages around her eyes now damp and stinging. "Get out of my head."

"Its so blatant, I couldn't help myself." He was being ironic, and it infuriated her.

"I said, shut up Lucas."

"Nice. Don't take your misplaced agressions out on me. You wont get the desired effect."

She wanted to throw something at him, but her physical self couldn't move well enough for manual dexterity. Instead, she force shoved him back onto his bunk, none too gently. She rolled over, her back to him.

"Just... leave me alone."

Tag: alex
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, July 11th 2011 12:38am    Post subject:

Back in the cockpit, Jonas and Kyp were arguing lightly about something. There was a jolt as the came out of hyperspace, the gas giant of Bespin before them in all of its sunsetted glory. Seeing it made his stomach turn. It hadn't been so long since things had patched themselves up here, was it too much to ask that they re-hash it out once more, in the relative peace of cloud city?

He shook his head coming out of it. No. It was over and done. their crew was falling apart, there was a war raging and it wasn't going to end anytime soon. And Tseneca. He felt his heart sink again, as if it wasn't the last and only time it had that day. Whatever he'd owed Emmett had faded long ago, and now what did he have to lose besides his dignity.

His hurt became anger. She didn't need him. Didn't want him. That was the last of it. He'd commission a ship to take him back to courouscant, and from there he could get the Escrow out of dock and back to StarForge and that would be the end of it. They entered atmo and leveled out between the clouds with ease, approaching the city.

Incoming

"Put it through." Jonas said and opened a channel. The kids confidence never ceased to surprise Sethe.

"Transport Frigate Blight Leaper" came the radio star voice of a man on the other end. "This is Curtis Finche. We have a docking code that matches that of..."

You gotta be kidding. Sethe pushed forward and hit the comm, cutting Finche off. "Mr. Finche, this is Sethe Bhren, I believe you gave the docking code to my ship the Escrow when we visited last?"

There was a pause, then. "Ah... Greetings Mr. Bhren. I'm very pleased to hear from you again. Although, I must admit, I didn't expect to hear from you so soon."

Sethe took a moment to wonder how Jonas had known to use those docking codes. Before they had left last time, Sethe had taken a moment to appeal to Finche concerning the ships that they had in their possession and the need for safe harbor. Lucas had been able to assure them passage should they ever need it. Now was the time.

"Circumstances, Mr. Finche, circumstances. I'm sure you must be aware of the... problems back on Bakura?"

"Indeed." Finche's voice got low. "And you are aware, master Bhren, that our organization and facility is not capable of housing refugees. We don't want to... get involved... you understand."

Sethe felt a flash of anger. Finche was a neutral proprieter, and as the current CEO under Lando Calrissian, It was no surprise that the man wouldn't want trouble.

"Sir, the Imperial armada let us go willingly and freely."

A pause again, then. " I find that extremely hard to believe."

Asshole. "Mr. Finch." Sethe gritted his teeth. "Commander Selena Krauss relinquished those in our party under the conditions that we remain neutral and submissive. We aren't rebels, we aren't refugees. We have four critically injured aboard our ship and we are seeking medical assistance and a place to rest. Are you or are you not willing to provide that?"

It was quiet for a long while. Jonas looked at Sethe and all he could do was shrug. Hed said the only things he could. Undoubtedly Finch harbored dozens of intergalactic peoples of questionable morals, but one hint of imperial activity and all bets were off.

The silence was broken by a clipped. "You're clear for landing, docking platform three, section 12. We'll have a medical team standing by." Then the communication cut off.

"Asshole." Jonas muttered, and Sethe grinned. He was just saying what everyone was thinking.

Without further issue, Jonas eased the ship into a landing.

Blight Leaper is officially at Cloud City.
 Back to top »
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, July 11th 2011 03:19am    Post subject:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10683#10683

Continues on Bespin.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, September 26th 2011 03:24am    Post subject:

Lucas shifted his weight in a jerk as the shift from dreaming to reality caused by the Blight Leaper's drop from hyperspace. He hadn't had much sleep and to be honest, the drinks he had with Jonas was beginning to take its course. "Ugh," he released with a grunt mixed with a curse that he fumbled as the child peeked around the corner. Lucas had almost forgotten about her, but his duty as a Jedi could not be rescinded. "Hello." He said, "My name is Lucas." He couldn't think much of what else to say, "I am from Kuat."

"Jensen." The girl's response, she was tiny, could not be older than six. "Corellia."

"I have a friend from Corellia. Her name is Coral. You're both very brave, it must be a Corellian thing." Lucas smiled and welcomed her to sit in a chair, one that was favored by Coral whenever she was on the ship, though it would frequent Badim, Sethe, Alisson, Firi, and even Master Durron. Lucas reflected the many different crew members and the oddity of the silence in their absence. It was strange to think that Tseneca had flown alone at one point of time. Come to think of it, Lucas realized he was returning to the world they had met, where it had all started.

The Corellian Star Empire was not a popular regime in the galaxy, especially when it was headed by thugs like Thrackan Sal-Solo. Though he was extremely pro-Imperial, Kuat held certain prejudices against the Corellian people. While his family was more reserved, mostly because of Kuat Drive Yards and the many contracts held between the two, Lucas disliked Corellia more than the average space traveler.

The last time he had been here was on Jedi business, to track and capture the elusive Vera Nico. She was not only considered an intergalactic terrorist at the time, but a personal enemy of the Pallanén-Davad family by his mother's decree. Lucas, over the many run-ins, had modified his view of the woman. He realized she was much more valuable as an asset, than an enemy. Her talents proved more than enough for the Queen of Naboo, who single-handily created an aggressive rebellion against the True Empire.

Lucas was caught between the many different political affiliations, but as his master would say, it was the duty of a Jedi to take the path with all its many obstacles, distractions and trials in a balance walk. The Jedi's goal, to create a better place, a higher standard, while balancing the Force.

On Necropolis, Bakura, and Bespin, Lucas had been tempted by a new Master. He had confirmed she was a member of the long believed deceased Order of the Sith. She had plotted for him to join her by intertwining his adventures with an old childhood rival, Rylii Kuat. At first, he was seduced by this raw talent, this raw power of the Force.

But it was love for the Sarlacc-swallowed Jonas Eisley that reminded him of his duties as not only a son of Kuat Drive Yards, but a follower of Skywalker's New Jedi Order. His path would be much more difficult than the one Lumiya had laid out for him, but in the end, the reward would be so much greater. Lives like Jensen's were worthless to Lady Lumiya, but they were worth so much more than that. He could never choose a path that would carelessly sacrifice so many for one's own personal gain.

"We have been granted access to one of the diplomatic hangars. I've arranged a meeting with CorSec, as requested.

"Thank you SAMM." Lucas turned to the girl, "We'll find your aunt soon enough."

She walked over and hugged him, leaning her head against his chest. He dropped his head and closed his eyes.

Please let me find her family....please

The Blight Leaper is now at Corellia
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, September 29th 2011 02:28am    Post subject:

Post Continues Here:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=184

Then Here:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=964
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, October 07th 2011 03:29am    Post subject:

The presence of Lumiya was disturbing, but it was the fact that the Force had drawn him to the Koda Space Station in the first place that had troubled him most. Lucas was sitting in the pilot's chair, trying to shake off the presence of the Sith, while balancing what duties he had assigned to him and what duties were required of him to the Jedi Order. In a way, he was not to assist her, no matter what the goal or what he could possibly gain, including the life of Jonas Eisley. Even the smallest task could assist her in gaining complete dominion like the Sith Masters before her, the most recent being Emperor Palpatine.

SAMM was unusually quiet and to be honest, there was little to talk about. Over the course of the hyperspace travel from Bespin to Corellia, then Corellia to the Koda Station, they had pretty much covered each other's life stories. Random questions would appear occasionally, like for example, Lucas now knew Tseneca preferred Thyferran passionberries over ice cream, but ice cream over Kashya Cheesecake. Lucas left the bridge, the emptiness of the ship was beginning to get to him, so he stripped down and jumped into the shower, letting the warm water soak into his skin. Afterwards he ran the small hallways, before breaking into an intense workout.

When he felt like he had pushed his body enough, he dropped into a meditative stance. He pondered the course and the actions he would take, would he finally bring his master into the light? Lucas drifted consciously through the stars until he was able to envision himself alone at Kualito Cove back home. There he tossed a rock across the flawless water, remembering the times of carelessness and freedom.

He rose from the meditative state, letting the cove's cool air drift from the core of his body. He tried to hang onto the sensation, after all, he was going to need it. "We've arrived at Tatooine. According to Lumiya's data padd, he is doing business with a fellow Hutt in Mos Eisley."

Eisley, Lucas breathed, I'll get you back.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, October 08th 2011 03:06am    Post subject:

Continues Here:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=966
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, October 10th 2011 11:51pm    Post subject:

Lucas set the case on the table, a table that was frequented by Tseneca, Jonas, Firi, Dex, Badim, Clare, Sara, Alisson, H6, Master Durron, Sethe and even Vera Nico, but she was mostly trying to blow up the ship then. Lucas walked back down the plank and finished dragging the green, long obsolete droid into the storage.

"It seems we have picked up another passenger."

"Yeah, you could say that." Lucas answered SAMM, the artificial intelligence installed and personified by Tseneca. "But I doubt he'll have an actual conversation with us."

"That is a pity. I was looking forward to new conversation..."

"Thanks." Lucas moved to the helm, bringing the ship out of Mos Eisley's space port. He shot upwards, the double suns blinding him before the ship was able to adapt its viewscreen into a sunshield.

Minutes later... they were back into hyperspace, returning to the Koda Space Station. "SAMM, I think we need to work on something... I have a bad feeling about this arrangement with Lumiya..." Lucas was beginning to think she had no idea where Jonas was, but then again, it was his duty to Tseneca to free her from the arrest warrant. It was too late to back out of anything. "Any luck with connecting to the local government on Varonat?"

"No."

"We'll make that our top priority after the exchange." Lucas said, "If I survive and you're not sold for scrap."

"I will not be sold for scrap."

"So you say."
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, October 13th 2011 01:17pm    Post subject:

Lucas boarded the Blight Leaper and within seconds they were able to jump into hyperspace after the nav-computer made the necessary calculations. Lucas was thinking it was time to do something he should've done a long time ago. He picked up the holo-transmitter and sent a message to Anakin. He restarted the transmission several times before settling with the following message: "Hey... long time, I know I know... but I've got something that you need to know. It's about your father. He's alive. Can you meet me on Naboo? I'll tell you everything."

Lucas saved the transmission and asked SAMM to send it as soon as they reached Umgul.

"And why are we going to Umgul, when the Queen and your brother live on Naboo?"

"Because I can't arrive on the Blight Leaper, planetary security will flag it as a VIP ship, and who knows will pick up that information. If Lumiya says her agent is high placed, it means either they have a sweet spot in the government with access to all bits of information."

"Or?"

"Or, its a wrecking ball, meaning a loose cannon she sent that won't stop until their dead. And judging by her abilities, they may not even know what they are truly doing." Lucas had no idea who to expect, but Lumiya seemed to like to play with the same circle of friends. He had no idea who it could be, but he had a feeling that he was about to see a familiar face on the wrong side of his lightsaber.

The Blight Leaper is en-route to Umgul. The transmission will be sent to Anakin Solo upon arrival, and Lucas will transfer to a gungan transport ship bound for Naboo. Forum change to the Mid-Rim please.

Tag: Han, Cray, Ams
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 26th 2011 05:50am    Post subject:

Continues Here:
http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=13659#13659
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 26th 2011 06:16am    Post subject:

"SAMM!" Sara nearly shouted, her voice peaking towards the end of the artificial computer's name. SAMM had just inquired about her late departure's adventure, and the notion of the Jedi Master she had chosen. His question was a little.... personal. Lucas laughed, her face was quite priceless. The fact was that he was a little excited to have someone else on board, someone else to answer all the questions and conversation SAMM was readily available for. Lucas brought the Coruscanti access ports up, choosing to enter his Jedi codes over his Kuati diplomatic channels. He'd be allowed to use the Jedi hangar, which at the moment, was exactly what they needed.

Lucas sensed Anakin and Master Skywalker at the Temple and suddenly all the joy from their conversation slipped away. For some reason, coming clean and telling the truth was not going to be easy. "You okay?" Sara seemed to sense that something was wrong.

"Not really, but let's just say I've had my own run-ins with the Sith. I've dealt with it privately up till now."

Sara seemed to ponder this for a moment, "I guess it makes sense. Everything that has happened...."

Lucas shrugged, "I guess I should've been a little more... clear...."

"Nah, I understand." Sara said lightly, "I think we all struggle with our own demons, and for a while, we believe it is something we can handle. We are Jedi, and there are many different standards that come with the title. Including the requirement to purge the galaxy of the Sith, starting with the soul." Sara smiled with a tinge of sarcasm, using the Queen of Naboo's vocal inflection and accent.

Lucas reflected on that and she was right. He had tried to handle this, to fight his own demons, but the truth of the matter was, he had friends that could've helped. "Thanks." He answered her, and maybe her slightly bubbly attitude rubbed off on him. It had been a while since they were allowed to be jovial. With the double invasion and the destruction of Cloud City, it was nice to be a little free-hearted.

"We have arrived at Coruscant.... undergoing the proper transmission channels now."

Lucas groaned. It had been nearly two months since he last saw Anakin Solo. He had a bad feeling about this.

The Blight Leaper is now at the Jedi Temple on Coruscant
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, October 26th 2011 04:36pm    Post subject:

The Blight Leaper began it’s decent into Coruscant’s atmosphere, the Jedi Temple Sara had seen on several occasions during her time onboard the Leaper was visible on the horizon, closing fast. It’s ominous pillars reaching high in the district, the Leaper following a skylane towards the Temple. Sara knew it was almost time to land and went to the cargo hold. Several feet later, she turned to see the remains of H6 again, upon closer inspection she noticed the scorched blaster hole in his chest. The ship slowed and she could feel the inertial dampers deactivating with a slight lean towards the rear.

Clunk, and they had landed. Lucas appeared from the corridor and strode towards the ramp that began to disengage. Sara glanced at the Droideka in the opposite corner from her, stood and stepped towards Lucas.

She stood next to him while the ramp lowered, she leaned in his direction and asked, “What’s your plan for that Droideka anyways?”

Lucas squinted his eyes for a second, then he realized what she was talking about and briskly turned to the droid, “You know I forgot I had that thing here. If you’d give me a hand later, we could actually use that soon.”

Lucas was thinking of their impending rescue of Han Solo, and she could see the obvious use of something that could draw blaster fire while dealing some back with little to no harm to it.
“As long as Six is in that repair queue too, we both know we’ll need his firepower as well.”

“H6-32? You’re planning on bringing him online again!? Lucas you can’t seriously consider bringing that mad droid back to--”

“I am, SAMM,” Lucas joked, knowing the uneasy droid-AI relationship SAMM and Six had together, and they both knew they could use something to occupy SAMM’s attention. As much as Sara missed SAMM, she could do without the constant questions. “We’ll get started when we’re done seeing the Jedi.”

The ramp lowered and they stepped out, a pair of Jedi were greeting them, the two women stating their different levels within the Order. One was in Master Robes while the blonde was in more casual clothes, but her attitude ready for anything like a Knight.

Lucas bowed and Sara quickly followed.

“Padawan Davad, it is good to see you again.” the Master said.

“And I to you, Master Ramis.” Lucas raised from his bow, nodding to the Knight, “Knight Wran.”

Sara had never seen Lucas being so formal, she’d expect such from him being heir to Kuat, but up to now she hadn’t seen that side of him.

“Forgive the abrupt return, Master Ramis, but I need to speak to my Master and the Grand Master.”

“Of course,” Ramis nodded. Sara felt a sensation capture her from Ramis’ direction, then she continued. “And who is this? A Force Sensitive I see?”

“Yes, Master. Sara Soto.”

Ramis seemed taken back, as with the Knight. “I see. Lucas you may see Master Solo and Grand Master Skywalker, they have just recently returned from Bakura, too late to what happened I’m afraid. Sara, Knight Wran will escort you to have you evaluated.”

Sara glanced at Lucas, they both seemed perplexed, but Lucas nodded and she followed.

Tag: Alex
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest

Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: