Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, July 24th 2010 04:29am    Post subject:

Badim finished his meal without interruption, the meal beginning to settle in his stomach with warm comfort. But it didn’t sooth him, the pain of loss still filling his body. He paced back to sickbay, everyone resting before they arrived on Thyferra except Sara, Firi and himself. He heard the pleasant sounds of Firi’s songs, the same ones that had played that brought Tseneca out of whatever hole she was in on Coruscant. He entered quietly, looking as Sara laid in one of the medbeds with her eye‘s blissfully closed, listening to Firi’s songs with intrigue.

Badim placed a calm hand on Firi’s shoulder as her song ended, “Get some sleep,” he said, “We’ll be at Thyferra soon. I can watch over Sara now.”

Firi nodded and left as Sara’s eyes opened in her absence, looking at Badim with joy as he took a seat next to her. He let his head rest in the chair, feeling his own drowsiness starting to take over, “You seem different, Sara,” he let out after several minutes of silence from the two, glancing up at her. She looked at him with curiosity, then rose from the bed and swung her legs off the side to face him as he continued, “Something happen in the Sarlacc?”

Sara looked away, clearing her throat as she began to recall the events and continued with a heavy sigh, “I jumped in because I thought I loved Jonas…”

He never thought of it like that. He didn’t factor in love instead of worry for a friend. He kept quiet, letting her continue with sorrow and fire hinting in her voice, “…but he and Lucas love each other, and I was so stunned at what I saw that I was almost eaten by the Sarlacc…”

Badim never pictured Lucas and Jonas that way, it was a shivering thought. Lucas always seemed as the charmer, but not in the way he had originally thought. But it made sense why Sara didn’t want to be in the same room with the two. She straightened herself as a shiver and several thoughts ran through her head.
“So,” she said, heaving another sigh, “I fell for a man who wasn’t even interested in my sex.”

They both chuckled, the mood lightening slightly, but Sara still felt sad it seemed. Badim’s mind trailed off as he looked at her, he still didn’t know the exact reason why he let her go five years ago, aside from his claim that he wanted to try something new. He never would have made an attempt like that, bringing risk to himself and his foster parents like he did when he saved her.
“How are you feeling?” Sara asked, going off onto a subject that didn’t center around her being upset.

Badim heaved his own sigh, “I still feel the anger towards Jelahan, the pain from Clare’s death and the pain that sears my shoulder…” he said, showing her the blaster point from the blaster bolt he had taken on the landing pad. Sara gasped surprisingly, seeing how he was dealing with the pain both in his heart and body at the same time.
Sara hopped off the medical bed and retrieved a small jar of bacta. It would sooth his body and make the pain in his shoulder cease, but it probably had already transformed into a blistering scar. She ordered him in a serious and sarcastic tone to take off his shirt so she could treat it, telling him that she had seen a lot of use with the product, having fixed both herself and Diann up several times on Kashyyyk after a scrape or cut was made.
He didn’t argue and took it off gently, she would have probably just rip it off if he protested. She knew he was going to need a cool head if he was going to face Jelahan, and having one less thing on his mind would help him concentrate on his goal.
Sara placed the cool, bubbling liquid over his wound, feeling the healing bubbles and suds slowly heal his shoulder to health. She wrapped it in gauze she found from another drawer in the room, making it tight to keep as much of the bacta in contact with him. She patted him gently on his other shoulder and in a mocking voice of a doctor, told him, “Now come see me once a day so we can clean your wound and apply a fresh coat of bacta for two days.”

“Fine, doc.”

They both began to laugh at joke, laughing until it finally died down to the two staring at each other, contemplating the joke further with the occasional chuckle. Sara’s expression faded, looking at him more deeper than last time as he began to feel confused. She began to lean in, time slowing as she closed her eyes as Badim could only sit there, stunned as her lips touched the edge of his.

Convictions First Previous Next Latest
The Blight Leaper First Previous Next Latest
Medical Attention First Previous Next Latest
Acrid Bacta and Bloodlines First Previous Next Latest

Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, July 24th 2010 04:30am    Post subject:

Sara pulled away in shock of what she had just done, then taking a step back and sitting back on the bed behind her. She watched while Badim stood and slowly began to walk out. She looked towards the ground as he passed, she had betrayed her dead friend by advancing on him. She was looking too desperately for what she wanted, Clare hadn’t been dead for even three days and she was already trying to close on Badim.
“I’m sorry,” Sara uttered as Badim stopped in the doorway, “I-I shouldn’t have done th-that.”

She looked at Badim, her red hair falling in front of her eye, quickly being pushed aside to see how Badim would react. Badim was filled with anger and remorse, and she wondered what he would do to her for coming towards him like that.
“I don’t judge you,” Badim said as he tilted his head to her, “We’ve both lost something. We’re still friends, but I can’t go that way, not this soon.”
He implied that he would eventually love again, but she wondered if either of them would. He left, calmly retreating into his quarters while she was left to contemplate on her own betrayal.
“SAMM,” she croaked, “Dim the lights please…”

The lights dimmed, and Sara tried to sleep, but finding it difficult with thoughts of Badim coursing through her. This was never going to leave her, it was going to stain her.

Convictions First Previous Next Latest
The Blight Leaper First Previous Next Latest
Medical Attention First Previous Next Latest
Acrid Bacta and Bloodlines First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 11:08am    Post subject:

They exited hyperpace, and there was Thyferra, blue and green and perfect as it always was from this vantage point. Tseneca shivered. The Escrow came out directly behind her and she wondered what those on that ship were seeing. Another planet, a hospitable planet.

She closed her eyes, stretching out, remembering, but at the same time trying not to remember. She had been so young...

No, it wasn't use thinking about that now. She clicked on the Comm and typed in a frequency.

What is it?

SAMM had never heard of FitSPELL. nobody had, and if she was lucky Dmtir hadn't either. Only the Ashern knew fitSPELL, it had been used during the disputes in the past, the Bacta wars, issues with the Cartel. To sum it up, it was a distress beacon that could only be code answered by members of high ranking Vratix, notably those with the Ashern. It wasn't her father who'd taught it to her, it was K'nika, her Vratix nurse, who'd instructed her to use it if she should ever find the emergency...

There was a triple-beat static pulse to the communications, and an insectine Vratix forged the line. He was male, and clicked opening with his mandibles.

"Basic, please." Tseneca asked. The Vratix were not without formalities, but a fitSPELL link meant the situation was dire.

"You human, why are you using this code?" He stated firmly through a voicebox attatched to his neck.

"My name is Tseneca Lowry-Fink, Daughter of the late Ren Fink. I beg safe harbor for myself and my small group of friends, away from the prying eyes of dictator Bakh-Lowry. one of my number is dying and seeks medical attention" It was long, but to the point.

The Vratix blinked. "what would a Lowry want with the Vratix, its far too long since any human of the Cartel did any Vratix not but harm. Request unapproved."

Tseneca tried again. "elevated one, I am less of a Lowry then was my birth, my parents are dead and gone, my uncle unknown to me. If you have doubts to my lineage proper, see to the one called K'nika, she can vouch for me."

The line went soft as the Vratix made inquiries. Within ten minutes, he reappeared, clicking his mandibles irritatedly. "I have made the connections, you may land in the southern wetlands, 85 clicks north from Xucphra city. Coordinates pending." He clicked an over and out.

So there it was. And there they would be. Tseneca took pains to land the ship into the tepid swamp-lands, The Escrow following close behind.

Continues on:
http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=380
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 03rd 2010 01:01pm    Post subject:

The "Acrid Bacta and Bloodlines Plot" Takes Place on Thyferra.
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 03rd 2010 01:17pm    Post subject:

The crew was dividing again, the search for Jelehan would begin anew, and the majority would assist Badim. Along with Lucas, Tseneca and Alisson, he would leave aboard the Blight Leaper. Their destination hadn't been set, though the decision would come whenever Tseneca was ready to leave Thyferra. Jonas stood outside of the ship, taking the wide open space to mind and soul. He enjoyed landing on strange and foreign planets, and this had become one of his most memorable experiences. The Blight Leaper was cold, the atmospheric humidity of Thyferra would take several hours to be completely rid of. The halls were small, but it felt more like home than ever. It was comfortable, and the memories were happy ones.

Jonas craved a shower, especially after the day's work. Resistance fighting brought him closer to the glory days of the New Republic, to a time when it was just a Rebellion on a frozen world and a shield generator. He might've missed the events by a couple of decades, but a new terror was rolling into the galaxy. The crew hadn't spoken of the recent declaration by Grand Admiral Zend, and by no doubt, her forces would play a part in future journeys.

Emmett Fink was an example. From out of the unknown, floats a loved and lost man. And just as quickly as he came, he was gone.

Jonas breathed in slowly as he started the water of the shower. He let his hands play under the water, the temperature was comfortable compared to the ship's artificial environment. It only took a moment to shred off the last of the Telbun costume, and enjoy the freedom of a long shower. Whether Lucas told anyone or not, Jonas had noticed Kuat Drive Yards had upgraded the ship's refresher.

In the time between soap scrubs and relaxing, he realized life was forever changed. The crew was smaller without Clare and Fink. Who was next?
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 03rd 2010 01:28pm    Post subject:

Lucas was sitting inside his room, a cloth was rubbing over the hilt of his lightsaber as he polished several times over. When he finished one cycle, he'd begin another, and another. Alisson stopped him, and set the weapon aside. He was still emotional, but now, he was able to contain and manage. "I think we should go to Naboo." Alisson's voice was stern, expecting resistance.

"I agree." His tone was soft, almost surrendering. It needed to be done, the bond of brothers needed to be restored. Now more than ever. "Tseneca deserves a place to relax, to vent.." Alisson couldn't have agreed more. The woman was interestingly hysterical when Nico had flaunted of a relationship with Fink. Her connection to alcohol had later slammed Lucas into a bulkhead.

"I agree." Alisson repeated, almost in the same tone, though she held more authority in the manner. It was almost as though he were a child again. "We need to keep an eye on her, Lucas. She may do something..."

"Crazy?" Lucas shifted, "I know. We all saw what she did to Dmtir. I'm not sure if that's all that bad, after what we saw... it was horrible."

Alisson was reminded of the first time she had visited one of Ryan's droid shops. It was one of her first activation experiences, and it was horrible. Droids were strung up and parts lay about. It took a long time to become desensitized. "I understand. Do you sense any darkness from her? Any at all?"

"Of course I do, who wouldn't be in a dark place right now." Lucas adjusted his tone, "I know what you mean, sorry. I don't know. This could tip her either way. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess." Alisson nodded to the thought, and left the room. She didn't need to hear any more, and judging by the footsteps in the hall, someone was heading for Lucas any ways. They didn't need to hear voiced concern or gossip.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, August 03rd 2010 03:05pm    Post subject:

Sethe had walked her to the leaper. a very small part of her was embarrassed at the way she'd behaved on the hill, but mostly, it was what she'd needed.

Why be angry at Emmett for dying? It was an odd feeling, the blame. He'd left her, again. But then that was so irrational. She should have handled Dmtir. But she had hadn't she? Her thoughts looped round and round so much that, she felt Sethe give her hand a squeeze.

"Are you going to be okay?" He asked, and gazed down at her.

She crossed her arms. "I will. I think." She said, then looked at him. "So what now? with you? I suppose you don't need to stick around much under the circumstances."

"Do I?" It was rhetorical. Sethe's job was to look after her. He was asking if she still needed that help. Then, "actually, i'm going with Badim to help find Jelahan. He said he needed a ship, and I have nothing better to do with my time. Plus he's offered to outfit her if I need it, seems a fair trade."

Tseneca nodded, and moved to climb the gangplank. She suddenly felt very tired. And another feeling, too. She didn't want him to go. she looked at him again.

"Will I see you again?" She felt like it sounded weak, like it sounded almost like a child asking after a missing parent.

"I suppose we'll see." he gave her a small smile. "Its going to be okay, mesh'la. The stars are shining still." Then he turned and left her to her ship.

Tseneca entered the hallway, outside of Lucas' room and listened to the last part of Lucas' conversation with allison. She hung back a second. He wasn't sure whether to trust her, and did she blame him? After what she did to Dmtir. She leaned in and the two pretended they weren't talking about her.

"We'll leave for naboo tonight I think... Thats what you wanted?"

Lucas gave allison a look and the woman rose, leaving the two alone. Lucas followed, shutting the door behind her for privacy. He took Tseneca's hand and guided her to the bed. They sat. Tseneca could feel him probing her with the force, trying to get a feel for what she was feeling.

"Lucas, please stop." She said, drained.

He looked at her carefully. "Tseneca, I need to know what happened back there, I need to know that your going to be okay."

She sighed. "The wall broke again. I let it flow. what happened was, i saw the darkside and I didn't accept it. I might have if Emmett hadn't intervened. But I didn't."

"you used the power you have to string him to a wall and drain him of spinal fluid and oxygen..." Lucas' voice was ironic.

She pushed, "But then I remembered who I was and stopped. You don't think i could have continued until the bastard exploded?"

Lucas considered. Tseneca knew she'd used dark force powers to get rid of Dmtir, but what Lucas didn't understand was that was a means to an end. The moment she'd knelt over Emmett, she'd been struck by the mending of the wall within her, the streams of darkness that had overthrown her were once again sewn up, as if Emmett had leant himself for that cause. and she knew, the only reason she grieved as she did was because her mind wasn't clouded with the dark power. not anymore.

She spoke again, her voice hoarse. "Why, if I had turned to the darkside, would I be feeling this much pain?"

Lucas relented, pulling her forward and embracing her. He knew she was right. The darkside can cloud vision, can numb remorse and grief, can throw a person not already on the edge over it without a second thought. If this was what she was capable of, now was not the time. She was herself, first and foremost. And would stay that way, if not for the sake of her and her friends, then for the memory of Emmett.

"You're ready then." He said into her hair, and pulled her back looking her in the eyes. "You're ready to train, ready to fulfill your destiny."

She nodded, fatigue getting the better of her. So she would be a Jedi. When and If Kyp returned from Ord Mantel, she would set herself to learning from him, and what was more, she become the person Emmett would have been proud of. What else did she have?

She felt the tug of sleep upon her, even as Lucas held onto her. He must have been doing it, why else could she envision the sweet foam of surf, the waves crashing on the shores of some far off world? Why else could she hear a larks call, or the fluttering wings of a firefly as it lit upon her fingers. why else?

She drifted off to sleep, feeling only for a second, Lucas' arms as he settled her on his bed. Then nothing.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, August 04th 2010 10:09pm    Post subject:

She was asleep, Lucas could feel her mind slip from a conscious state and into dreaming's realm, he hoped it wouldn't become nightmares. Lucas walked the corridors, and found the bridge empty, a solemn reminder of how few of the crew remained on the ship. SAMM greeted him, "Good evening, Lucas." Lucas answered him with the same response and tone. He wasn't into talking so-much and Alisson had probably already filled him in. "Course is set for Naboo. Shall I inform the crew of the Escrow?"

"Sure." Lucas answered, half-hearted. It didn't matter where they went, just as long as it was far away from Thyferra. Only time could heal the wounds opened there, and Lucas wasn't quite ready to face the images of the underground bacta harvesting centers. Footsteps emerged, just as the Blight Leaper began to fire up systems. SAMM probably could've done it all, but Lucas took Tseneca's chair.

"Playing Captain?" Jonas asked, taking the co-pilot's seat.

"As XO, I think its my duty to see the ship through."

"Really." Jonas breathed, folding his arms, "You were on the ship a day before me. What makes you so sure she picked you, over Firi and I?"

Lucas laughed, adjusting the thrusters, and gave them a little more bang for the buck. The new KDY drives hummed, a signature sound only a shipyard techie would notice. "She favors me."

"Is that so?" Jonas clicked several of the buttons, lowering the stress against the hull on the sudden burst of speed. The Escrow was still parked below, and in the distance, Emmett's shuttle. He had forgotten about that, and wondered if there was anything planned for it. It would be safe on Thyferra, but still, how effective had Emmett been, when he decided to go rogue against Zend and her commanders? Jonas didn't seem to pay any attention, the detail probably lost and omitted entirely. "And who do you favor?"

Lucas shot him a look. It was the tone that sent blood rushing to particular veins in the body. Now that the man was closer, Lucas could smell the fresh scent of soap and shower. Lucas gulped, accepting the Thyferran's departing wishes. He'd pass them along to Tseneca, but for now, he concentrated on setting the coordinates for Naboo. It only took a few seconds to retrieve them from the nav computer, but it was long enough for him to relax. "Three...two... one... Jump."

The Blight Leaper's engine whirled as though counting down, then cruised beyond light speed. He rose from the captain's chair, "I'm not really sure. You might have a little to prove."

"A little?" Jonas scoffed, flexing as he leaned back in the chair, "I've got a lot to show for myself." Lucas laughed as the small light in the corner, SAMM's ocular connection, virtually his eyes and ears, clicked off.

The Blight Leaper is now en-route to Naboo

Brothers Again First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 12:29am    Post subject:

Two bodies moved as one against a window where stars flashed by in blue. Hearts pounded as breathing slowed, the climax had been reached, and the downward slope of emotional peace overtook him. He laughed, it was one of the best feelings he had felt in a long, long time. Lucas looked at him, and together, they embraced each other for the moment they just shared.

Sweat dripped off his chest as Jonas rose, taking a towel over his body. Lucas walked to water dispenser and filled two glasses. They clinked, the smiles never ending, even when conversation failed to start. Lucas broke the silence, "Where would it have been, if not here?"

"What do you mean?"

"If that," he glanced over to the bed, "Could've happened any where in the galaxy, where would it have been?"

Jonas thought for a moment, sipping the cool water and feeling it quench the sudden abundance of thirst. "By the sea," Jonas sat next to him, "Listening to the waves crash against the shore... the birds... the feeling of sand against the skin... You?"

Lucas finished his glass and set on a table nearby. "In a forest clearing. Its the only place I like to breathe, outside artificial recyclers." Jonas laughed, but he could tell he was being serious, "On the sun set, with long shadows casting over us. The grass would be lush, the scent of peppermint or K'aau lingering in the air. And when we finish, we would have the stars in all their glory."

Jonas closed his eyes and for a moment, he was carried to the place Lucas was describing. Their bodies were bare, under a blanket of stars and constellations. The cool breeze and a stream was flowing, with the soft comfort of the grass beneath them. "I love it." Jonas answered, grateful he even asked the question. They laid for a moment, the Blight Leaper wasn't so bad, but their long trek to Jonas' quarters had been loud and he was positive Alisson had heard, though Tseneca seemed undisturbed.

Lucas wrapped himself inside a blanket, "I'm going to shower. We're almost there."

"To Naboo?" Jonas clarified.

"Yeah." Something dull lingered in his face, "You're going to meet my brother. But until the moment is right, can we... uh... keep this to ourselves?" Jonas felt much like Boa'da of the Tatooine Podrace six months ago. Accelerating so fast, he didn't have the reflexes to adjust to a sudden rock slide. Splat, the top of his game, the best of all racers, gone...just like that. Maybe Lucas sensed it, the confusion, the type of pain agreement would bring. He didn't ask, or reach out, the seriousness not evaporating from the Kuati's face. Jonas nodded, and the Jedi left. Secrets. Was that all it was going to be? He didn't feel the urge to shout at the top of his lungs?

An hour would pass before the blue realm shifted to a black void and white specks.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, August 08th 2010 03:49am    Post subject:

Lucas polished the last of the Leaper's consoles and nobs, it looked as though it had been rolled off the assembly line, and was quite confident Tseneca would be pleased. SAMM pulled them out of hyperspace a little early, and the sublight engines would connect them to the planet in a little over an hour. "Thanks, by the way." Lucas mumbled. He wasn't sure how he felt about Jonas, and an awkward feeling crept over him after he finished. Like suddenly, too many raw feelings, surfacing too quickly. Bella had always joked he had a broken droid heart whenever it came to love.

"No worries. Tseneca is waking."

Lucas flipped his fingers through his hair, tracing the longer pieces in front of him, and waited for her to emerge. Half expecting a sobbing madwoman, Lucas was surprised to find a collected, well rested Tseneca. "Uh, aren't we supposed to be at Naboo?" Lucas opened his mouth to answer, but SAMM had already began. "My apologies. I was wanting to test the sublight drive. One of the sensors had sensed some humidity contamination."

"I better take a look then," Tseneca rose, but Lucas touched her arm.

"I already checked. False alarm. Replaced a faulty detection strip, though." She might've sensed he was lying, but he was usually pretty good at it. With three other siblings that were never up to any good, it came in handy. Tseneca didn't seem to bother to question further, whether not being able to sense the lie or choosing to ignore it, she admired the cleanliness of the control pit. "Thanks," Lucas answered the praise and noticed he had been sitting in her chair. "Oh my gods, I'm sorry."

She pat his back, amused in his startled reaction. "It's okay, just don't get to used to it." Lucas chuckled and returned to his own seat, bringing up a direct line of communication to a shoreside hangar. It was within walking distance to Theed and the Royal Palace. Damian was close, Lucas could sense it as each minute brought them closer to the planet.

"So why Naboo?" She was curious, and her tone was light hearted.

"Family. Honestly, I have no idea. My sister's been keeping his secret for a long time, and its about time I found out." He recalled the conversation he overheard on Kuat, and her immediate defense-screen. It was rare she kept something in favor of Damian, so it had to be high value. Not even their mother knew.

"Family drama, huh?" Tseneca groaned slightly, and Lucas smirked as a gungan appeared on the view screen. Yousa tryin' to landa on mesa planet? Lucas took the better part of twenty minutes in communicating with the gungan, before they were given clearance and a private hangar room. Tseneca pulled up a screen, Lucas could tell she was trying to contribute.

"I got it."

"Lucas."

"Nope." The truth was, Alisson would clear and get the fees waived diplomatically, but for now, he'd leave Tseneca hanging like she owed him something, and maybe, get her to cash in on some lunch. He flashed her a grin, and she immediately detected something was sneaky.

"Diplomatic channels." She punched him in the arm, as the blue orb slowly increased in size.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 09th 2010 05:35pm    Post subject:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9137#9137
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, August 24th 2010 12:45pm    Post subject:

Bye-Bye Naboo!!!!

Tseneca was back in the leaper before another evening set in on Naboo. Sethe had followed her in.

"Back to Corouscant?" He asked as she took the helm. he sat in the co pilots chair and watched as she placed coordinates.

She nodded. "I think Lucas needs to speak with the counsel. Looking forward to going home?"

Sethe made a face. "Corouscant isn't my home."

Tseneca looked at him questioningly.

"Aargau. I lived on Aargau until my mother died. Thats where Emmett and I met, in the naval academy before he joined up with the Empire."

"What made you leave?" She asked

"What makes anyone leave the armed forces? Too much bloodshed. My nails were clean, metaphorically, and I didn't want in on anything the Empire had to offer. And after my mother passed away, I had no reason to stay. I tookjobs and landed on corouscant 'cause business was better for hired mercs."

She nodded. Then, softly said. "Will you stay there?"

"Will you?"

She started a little. He shook his head. "That came out wrong. What I mean is, you're so used to planet hopping, how can you ask staying in one place from me, when you know all too well what sitting still entails."

"We all have to get our fix somehow." She mumbled.

"Precisely my point." He answered back. He leaned forward and his voice grew serious. "What do you think, Mesh'la? You think this crew needs another wayward merc around?"

Tseneca looked back at him, then gave him a sly smile. "Not hardly. But who am I to stop people from boarding this ship." Then she was serious, in a way that embarrassed her slightly. "You'll stay?"

"how could I not."

"Not much money in it..." She ventured.

"Don't get much money anyway." He said. He stood up, and placed his hands on her shoulders before leaving. "guess thats the thing about causes, they tend to sneak up on you, with or without collateral."

He left, the phantom pressure of his hands imprinted on her shoulders. She shivered slightly, and started procedures for take off.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, August 28th 2010 03:20am    Post subject:

The Blight Leaper shook in one massive heave, the entire ship vibrating with discontent, before being tossed out of hyperspace. Lucas and Jonas hit the floor, their eyes stained with fatigue, but quickly adjusted to the chaotic scene unfolding around them. Life had sudden tossed them a hard ball, and everything was moving in slow motion, despite the rapid succession of events.

Lucas seemed to walk the cooridors, rushing to the command deck, to find Badim and Tseneca yelling out status and system failures. But what shocked him most of all, had been the massive fleet expanded over the sector they were yanked from. Tseneca was frantic, "Shit, they are all over!"

"This isn't exactly what I had in mind for a vaction!" Badim growled, his eyes locking on three foreign, yet entirely Imperial starfighters. They weren't Remnant. Zend.

"Taking evasive action." The Leaper opened fire, though two Republic cruisers barrelled overhead, their sweeping point-defense cannons clearing the way.

"WE'RE FRIENDLY!" Tseneca shouted into the communicator, trying to stop the Republic from shooting them down. It seemed to work, the cruisers ignored them entirely, and proceeded towards the planet under seige. Three ISD-IIs were on an intercept course, she frantically tried to flip the ship around, but it only accelerated into the fray. "Frak! Samm, what is happening?!"

"I am not entirely sure. I have detected something, something inside of my navigational computer... Attempting to over ride... Almost... AH-" Samm's voice ended, suddenly, something much more familiar, though totally bone-chilling. "Do not be alarmed. Follow the course exactly, and you will not be harmed."

Badim looked at Tseneca, sweat was abundant on both of their bodies, but the look of fear, like they already knew what was going to happen. Tseneca rose from her chair, and it was the first time Lucas noticed her belly. It was impossible, she wasn't that big. Not yet, anyways. "Alisson," The voice across the ship, the one that replaced SAMM... it was her, "Please, you have a choice. Let us go." Her voice lingered desperately, begging the mysterious computer override to let her regain navigational control.

Alisson's voice lacked the creative charm his father had bragged about. It was void, it was empty. "I cannot do that. Follow the course. Your attempts to flee will result in the destruction of the ship." The battle was looming, with laser cannons and beam weapons firing all around them. Lucas wanted to scream, where was Jonas. The Nal Hutta born finally appeared. He was badly injured, but alive.

"Jonas," Tseneca whispered, the look on her face seemed to say it all. Everything he feared, everything he hated rose up. Lucas reached out, but anything he did, they never noticed. He wasn't here. This was all a dream, a nightmare.

"So it was all true."

"Looks that way," Tseneca answered him. They all sat back, watching Republic ships burn and explode into oblivion. Zend's armada had made a significant victory, but the majority of the ships were unarmed, civilian freighters. It wasn't a tactical victory, but a slaughter. "He's there. I can sense it. Durron must've failed."

"It's not him, Tseneca." Jonas fired back, the dark circles in his eyes burned with hatred. Lucas leaned to touch him, to caress the soft points of his cheek. He wanted to embrace him, to absorb the pain, to share the burden of it all.

Tseneca opened her mouth, but Badim put his hand on her shoulder. The room fell silent, as a pair of TIEs screamed towards them. They took a defensive stance, as though guiding them in. Alisson's voice returned, "You are almost there." A massive battle ship loomed ahead, in front of all the action. It was beautiful, it was impressive, but best of all, it was KDY. Lucas was awe stricken, as most of them were.

Suddenly, a Republic cruiser opened fire. Turrets screamed against the Blight Leaper's failing shields, then its hull. Tseneca frantically scrambled the comms, attempting to hail the Captain. "Please, we are under some sort of tractor... we're innocent."

"Don't lie," the Republic's officer spat, his voice laced with venom, "Burn in the seventh hell for all we care." TIE fighters broke from their protective escort, massive missiles disengaging from the hull of the vessel and impacting against the Republic cruiser. It shuddered, but the fire still rained against the Blight Leaper.

"Shields are not going to hold. SAM- Alisson, please."

Alisson's voice was suddenly frantic, "This wasn't supposed to happen. I am sorry. He did not foresee this." The massive KDY super-cruiser jolted, suddenly massive amounts of energy poured against the Republic battleship. It quickly buckled and exploded under the sudden bombardment, but not before the damage had been done. Lucas watched as emergency shuttles raced towards their location... but it would all be in vain....

Jonas closed his eyes, the essence of freedom released across his body, Badim whispered Clare's name, and Tseneca cradled her unborn child...

A shockwave of fire, then boom.

The ship came out of hyperspace. Lucas woke, his body shaking uncontrollably.

A vision.

Through the Looking Glass First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 31st 2010 04:41am    Post subject:

Jonas felt the bed curve and bend, the door open then close. Lucas was gone, the emptiness stirred his eyes, despite the darkness of the room. He laid for several minutes, believing the Kuati would return from a trip to the bathroom, but the hope was lost. The Leaper shuttered, the feeling was identified as the transition from space to atmosphere, the spring of the window's automatic shutters brought the busy traffic lanes into view. The sun was setting on the Coruscanti cityscape, as the freighter pulled into a docking hangar adjacent to the Jedi Temple.

Jonas sat up, rubbing his skin, then through his hair. Naboo had brought a strange twist to all of their lives, and though they were to pretend and go about business as usual, Jonas reflected on what was really happening. A lost Grand Admiral from the Galactic Empire of the long deceased Palpatine had returned from the unknown regions. Her fleets had taken the Imperial financial center, Muunilinst, and a military stronghold of Bilbringi. Rumors were sprouting on the attacks on Bastion and Rendili. Zend was making tremendous progress, and now, a secret Brotherhood moved against her. The Queen of Naboo was assembling patriots across the galaxy, in order to effectively eliminate the leadership of the True Empire.

Jonas sighed, he wasn't sure how or where he'd fit into this, no doubt a body used as cannon fodder, so the Queen and politicians like her, could mold the galaxy into a particular favor. Jonas pulled pants up and tied them along his waist, retrieving a shirt and a small amount of hair product, in fact, it was the last of it. He hadn't shopped since Kuat, and his supplies had been dwindling ever since. Alisson's departure seemed to be taking its toll. Lucas had been distant, moody and harsh. His mind seemed to be elsewhere, his meditations longer and taking more energy than replenishing. Jonas tied the laces of his shoes, scrubbing the top portion clean of the grime collected from the walks into the gardens of the palace.

He opened the door, and walked the corridor. It was eerie, being so vacant, so wide. He felt smaller, loneliness creeping over him, then he heard it, footsteps. Jonas jogged a bit to catch up, and stumbled upon Jaira. He had forgotten she was even on board. "Oh hey!" He hoped his voice did not come off as disappointed. "What are you doing?" He noticed she had her belongings packed.

"I finished what I signed on for," Jaira released the helmet from her gear, fluttering her hair slightly before extending her hand. "It was kind of you and your captain to let me aboard. I left a message for Badim, be sure he gets it?"

"Uh, yeah, of course. You don't have-"

"Ah, yes." She flashed a smile, Jonas had never seen it before, or maybe, he never noticed til now. "I appreciate that. I have a few other things I have to do. If you need anything..." Her voice trailed off.

Jonas nodded, "Likewise. Good luck."

Another crew member had left the ship. SAMM filled him in, Sethe, Tseneca and Lucas had already left for the temple. Jonas drifted the hangar bay, floating about the many persons, those arriving and between those departing. Lone Jedi, and those with families. Eyes casted towards something, a sleek shuttle, soaring from the night sky, and into the hangar. Most attention shifted, it was a Kuati design, royalty possibly. But who else could it have been? Isabel Pallanén-Davad emerged, and just as quickly as she had, she disappeared into the crowd and into the temple.

Jonas managed to dodge her attention, but the glance he caught, did not look too enthusiastic.

Isabel Pallanén-Davad First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 31st 2010 04:42am    Post subject:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=9592#9592
 Back to top »
Mycah

Post Posted: Fri, September 03rd 2010 11:24am    Post subject:

The wires are filibustered. Got some sort of encoding, Kuati I think. Security entrapments, high quality. They ain't no Myc tho, for square.

I grab the great wad of them, shake back the deep purple shock of hair that inpedes my implant. The network throws a giant switch of ones and zeroes into my line of vision, but its a language sweeter than Common. But then again, I know this line up, so I slice a few threads with my vibroblade, the blue one, then the purple, nice colors. It was hard enough getting in here, the blast doors, the ganglplank covered in G2's. can't get an edge over that Kuati tech, 'specially not paired with random specs the dumb bitch must have picked up from gods knows where. Bitch, Ditch, Bitch in a ditch...

But the moment I've started the engines, the moment the thrusters have... thrusted. Hmmm... the baby spits up like fire and I'm up and there's a mad woop, a crowd gone wild for some extra-teres pop star, I can hear the electronic singing, and then then the grand turismo of fluttering violins and then...

Who in Blazes are you!?

That's new, an AI. Too late though chip brains, we're hitting hyperspace. But whats healthy conversation between new friends, hey what?

"The Myc to you chippie. Just the Myc."

The thing makes a pause as if to see where he is. So, I'm under hostile take over am I? Not sure what exactly you're planning on doing, but its not going to fly. He sounds so, what, smarmy? Smarmy marmy chip for brains. Built into a wall wall. S-M-A-R-M-Y authori-ta-tive. Brilig little bastard. An arm reaches out from under the dash, moving on its own accord. Bastard, bastard, bastar-do. I bash the AI's subjunctive wrist with my foot, give him a one two with my vibro and watch the sparks fly. The dis-embodied voice curses. and falls quiet, at least for the moment.

But at that point, i've already broken into starstreams and i'm well on my way. Wayward way, every way is my way, but not at all. Hmmm...
 Back to top »
Mycah

Post Posted: Tue, September 07th 2010 01:10pm    Post subject:

I throw their things about. Pretty things, some of them wearable, but otherwise ugly. The captains room has glossy Kuati sheeny dress wear. I tear it just right and it fits over me just right, enough so that i look like a hooky girl on the back levels. My breasts are not so much that big though. Ah, well. I would be a hooky girl all the same.

She has brandy on the dresser, and good soap in the fresher. The clean and the unclean. I put on more makeup, my lips are glowy and fine with liner, my eyes dusted with formica powder the color of luminous green insects. I tap the tech on the side of my head, give it a little bump of juice. The insides of my eyes can feel the strain of a thousand vid programs, my ears, the fluidity of voices and music.

You can't expect to get away with this

Away with what chippy? You're crew is good at playing games, why shouldn't they play mine. You think I dont know about the micro I'm letting run off the port. Home-town boy knows exactly where the lady's precious vessel is going. And why not? The Mic needed another gamble, and the four faces were a cinch. That Nico woman's eye was good. So I've got ex-bounty's coming my way, and the feed will flow my friends, oh how it will flow. They are too... what word? They take themselves far too seriously, these Leapers. So we'll play tag, how 'bout.

Tag. You're it.
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 04:19pm    Post subject:

Next Post should be after the fiasco on Necropolis
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 05:05pm    Post subject:

Kyp moved his extremities around in a viscous material. He wasn't fond of healing via external means. It felt like taking a swim in bantha spit. "Not even a child could enjoy this." Kyp said as he huffed. The bath would heal his injuries but not his pride. No amount of bacta could do that.

The Jedi Master exited the bath and immediately wiped off his feet. Last thing he needed to do was slip on the slick deck plating. He quickly pattered from the bath to his neatly folded clothes in the far corner. The only security he had was the thin towel between himself and potential prying eyes of the shipboard AI.

This is all I can type at the moment but I'm glad we have everyone back from the being.

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 07:27pm    Post subject:

The crew was getting settled back in. It was nice to have the ship back. despite the mess Mycah had made of their things, everything seemed to be at least in working order. Sethe was making sure the bundles of wires that littered the floor everwhere there was a service hatch weren't live. She'd left him to it and moved on toward aft.

Tseneca slid open the sickbay corridor, just in time to catch Kyp in nothing but his towel.

She cursed and shut the door quickly. "Sorry..." She called through the durasteel. She had to admit tho, he wasn't bad looking for a member of the older set. She gave him a second and he called her back in.

"Just checking on you." She said. He was resettling his robes. She could feel herself blushing, even as he motioned her to one of the seats. "You didn't look so hot coming in." He was thinner then before they separated. She tried not to be too concerned. however close they'd become over the time they'd spent together, the two of them were both of the fiercely independet breed. She knew how offended she got herself when people pried too much.

He gave a shrug. "giant horde of the undead will do that to a guy." He eased himself against to bed, not wanting to sit. He folded his arms over, his stance relatively relaxed. But he seemed bothered. "Have you talked to Lucas at all?"

She shook her head. "Not since we split up on Dahrtag. Not really anyway." She looked away as if recalling. "Wait... In Fitz labs. Something happened I think."

He nodded, considering. "good, you sensed it too. I wasn't sure if... well, if you felt it too there's no need to put too much into it."

But there was. She thought back to the conversation she and Lucas had had on Bespin. The darkness he'd felt, her own distrust of the company he was now keeping, the tension between him and Jonas... he'd practically begged her not to tell anyone of the problems he'd been having. Now she felt an uncomfortible tingling in the back of her mind, a terrible foreboding.

She looked up. Kyp was watching her intently. For all intents and purposes, Kyp was her master. There were some things she could keep to herself, but others....

She looked at him, throat dry. "I think there might be more to this than we think." She told him, then, everything Lucas had said, the voice she's heard, even her distrust about Ryles. When she concluded, she felt drained. And terribly guilty.

Kyp was resting his knuckle on his lip just above his beard. His eyes shone with thought. After a moment, he exhaled. "I'm glad you told me this."

"I promised him I wouldn't. He's worried, and probably frightened. I don't want more made of this then there has to be." She was almost pleading with him. If Lucas found out she'd told...

Kyp put a hand up, as if silencing her thoughts. "We won't go to the council for this just yet. Its not entirely necessary for them to be involved, considering that I'm out here. We just have to watch him, make sure he doesn't do anything foolish. There's much more to this then we are seeing." He looked her in the eyes. "The connection the two of you share is obviously special, and that becomes even more powerful in times of distress. If he truly is in danger, having you nearby can prove a powerful asset. Stick by him, if you think you can handle it."

She gave him a small smile. "What do you think i've been doing since we met at Oxanna?"

His face was grave, he looked down at her in all seriousness. "Hard times are yet to come." He said. "We have to be prepared. That means keeping our eyes open, and our sensibilities to the force forged wide."

She nodded and looked at her hands. For all his cliche jedi musings, he had a point and was right. No matter what Lucas thought, she's had to tell someone what was going on. It was dangerous ground he tread, and she didn't have what it took to handle it if it came to folly.

She rose. "anything else, oh wise one?" She asked, clearly giving him a hard time.

He grinned a little ruefully mirroring the young kessel boy of spacer's tales. "Keep your friends close and your lightsaber closer."

Treading back down the ships hall, she poked her head in one of the service corridors. Sethe was in his shirtsleeves, counting wires and scowling. He had sweat running down his face and pasting grime to his bare arms.

"Your face is going to freeze like that." She said, and he jumped a little.

"Frak. don't sneek up on me like that." He growled, keeping his eyes on his work. He rummaged through the wires, making sure they were static.

She came closer. "I told you you dont have to do this now." She said, pulling the stripper out of his hands. They were calloused and covered in grease. He was touchy and needed rest. They all did.

"And what do we do if Mycah screwed with something important? I don't want a repeat of the noxious gas incident." He took the tool back from her, less than gently, and kept examining the wires. She rolled her eyes, but they fell on his shoulder.

The wound he had procured from the fight back of Necropolis was swollen and angry. It looked like he'd tried to put a synth skin on it, but it had failed, shriveling beneath the inflamed flesh.

"Sethe..." She touched the wound lightly, brushing her fingers over it to look closer.

He reared back knocking her hand away. "Sithspit! don't touch it!"

She looked back at him. His eyes were fierce. He looked... angry.

"If it hurts that much, I should--"

"Just leave it, Tseneca." He said through gritted teeth.

She blinked and stood up straight. "Fine... fine." She was confused. Had she said something....

He looked away and sighed. "look, i'm sorry Mesh'la. Just let me finish my work." His eyes were softer, he ran a greasy hand through his hair, making it stand up in a way that would have been funny, had the situation not been so... tense.

He walked over to her and gave her a kiss on the forehead, one which she backed away from a little. "Go get some sleep. I won't be long at this, I just need to check the unders, make sure SAMM's system is up to par. I'll be by later to check on you."

Check on her. she wanted to scoff, but instead nodded and retreated back to her room.

FYI, the conversation that Tseneca is telling kyp about is here: http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=689&start=25 I know its been a while. I had to go back and re-read some
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 04:40pm    Post subject:

Large wires dangled from consoles, as the hue of blue hyperspace casted across the bridge. Lucas slicked back his hair as he and Alisson ran through the last of the data compartments. "Nothing." Alisson spoke softly, and began to plug and reconstruct the bridge back into one piece. Lucas sighed, rubbing his fingers over the coarse portion of his cheeks. It had been several days since he last shaved and showered. The grime from the mechanical lubricant and oils stained his clothing, but the distraction was needed. He grabbed the comm device, "Sethe, we're all good up here. If you need anything let us know. Alisson and I-"

"Got it, thanks. Bhren out."

Lucas did not mind the man's moodiness, they were all a little off center, but then again, they were never really upright to begin with. Alisson used a cloth wipe to remove the oil and grime from her synthetic skin. Her eyes were not looking towards him, but he knew she was thinking. "You have something you want to ask me?"

Alisson shook her head and walked by. "You'll tell me when you want to. Just remember one thing, Lucas. I'm two things. First is family. Second, your caretaker. I will protect you, no matter what happens." Her eyes widened, only for a moment, before she slipped through the doorway and out of sight. Lucas patched the last of the computer screens, using a tool to clean the interface. It was spotless as he turned to leave, before a console chirped.

"I have an incoming transmission. From Bakura."

Lucas turned curiously. "Put it through."

An older man, late into his fifties appeared on the viewscreen. Lucas was reminded of Master Skywalker, though the voice was much deeper. "Young fellow, you appear to be a technician aboard Lady Lowry's vessel. Would you patch me through to her?"

Lucas leaned against the wall, "For any particular reason I should disturb the Lady's fine slumber?" The man's cheeks brightened with the polite response and quickly nodded his head. "May I inquire as to why?"

"My boy you are quite the noisy one, are you not? Mmm I dare say not."

Lucas smiled, "Sir, if I may continue to speak?" The man nodded, though Lucas could tell his patience was thinning. "Lady Lowry lashes those who disturb her. If the reason is not dire, I wouldn't dream of waking her." The man crinkled his face.

"very well, have it your way. We require Tseneca's presence at once. A legal issue has... interrupted the bacta flow to nearly 2.3 billion citizens. We have all the contracts and rights currently waiting here, but we do not trust Minerva or that... insect. And quite honestly, between me and you boy, we are not certain the new bacta CEO is component enough to handle these agreements. Oh if only Dmtir was at the top." He was Imperial afterall, Lucas had tried to place his accent, but it certainly wasn't from the Core. Morelike, imitation off holomovies. And a poor one at that.

"What is your name?" Lucas asked, his tone changing to something more a little more demanding.

"Pardon?" The old man straightened his posture, looking shocked and disgusted that someone would have the audacity to speak to him in a tone less than formal.

"Give me your name." Lucas dropped the smile, his tone completely hostile now.

"I demand your apo-"

"You will demand nothing of the sort. I am Lucas Pallanén-Davad." Instantly the man shrunk, his name was used in every Imperial household. "I will not have some off-Core pompous rat talk like that about a friend of Kuat and the Empire." Lucas straightened his tunic, almost forgetting how he looked entirely, "I want you to excuse yourself from the contractual negotiations and see to it the terms are satisfactory. Alisson will read over the documents and see to it nothing is... short of excellent, perhaps even generous." Bakuran officials had dealt with KDY before, and Alisson was legendary in business talks. With every legal document and procedure uploaded into her personal databanks, she was invaluable when it came to interplanetary law.

"I-I- see. I understand." The man sniffed, attempting to hold his head high.

"You're forgetting something." Lucas allowed the smile to return to his face.

"Director Davio Lok."

Lucas walked over to the console and said, "Thank you, Director Lok. Expect our arrival in the next twenty-four hours." He disconnected the channel, collecting the last of the fear from the man's face, before changing course.

"Well played."

Lucas sighed, "Thanks" and headed to the showers...
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 05:14pm    Post subject:

Jonas had found a familiar comfort in space travel. Space was much colder, his skin prickled and hairs rose across his arms, but it felt like home. He tugged a shirt over his body, before kicking off the covers. He felt like life had taken a strange turn, not necessarily a wrong one, but one that was unexpected. The caverns of the dead had stirred something in him. Life was too short to live it dramatically. He was here to feel and embrace what came his way. He wasn't gifted with the Force, he wasn't the best computer programmer or pilot. He couldn't live up to the Pallanén estate. Life never planned for him to live frivolously.

53 credits to his name.

Jonas yawned, taking in the bitterness of his attitude. Lucas had been silent, distant. It didn't matter, that ship had sailed, maybe they didn't feel the same way any more. Jonas grabbed a bottle of water. He liked the drops on the side. They were small and insignificant when compared to the rest. Separated, alone. Except for the other drops nearby. Across the room, his pants were flung aside. A blaster rested across the dresser. Next door was Sethe, and then an empty Badim and Clare, then Sara's room. All vacant. No one would probably hear the blast, if he choose that route. Quick and easy, instant evaporation.

No, it wasn't time for that.

Jonas tried to remember his mother's face, but honestly, couldn't. She had brown hair, a smaller than average nose, but he couldn't remember the eyes. Blue? Green? A slight tremble shuttered over the ship. They had changed course. Most people wouldn't even notice the subtle adjustment of the navcomputer, but years on a freighter, he felt every 'bump on the road'.

Jonas smiled thinking about his childhood. The freighter captain that had rescued him from his abusive parents and destructive lifestyle. What would the man say now considering all his adventures off Iego? That he had seen the inside of a Sarlacc, and lived to tell the tale... that he'd meet and fight alongside Jedi. Dine with CEOs and inheritances to massive fortunes beyond their wildest dreams. No, no Jonas thought, reminding himself of humble beginnings, 53 credits to my name.

The boy that was laying next to him stirred, he had been asleep for quite some time. "Can't sleep?" The Kuati asked. Jonas shook his head, and took a sip from the container, and set it back on the stand. The water drops had disappeared, washed and absorbed by the rest.

"Just thirsty," Jonas laid his head against the pillow and turned, "Night Riles."
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 06:07pm    Post subject:

After Tseneca left, Sethe finished looking over the corridor, sealing the hatch closed. He wandered out the hallway, in its quiet, made his way down to the subs where there were more pockets to be looked over.

Tseneca was right he really didn't have to do this, but he felt antsy, almost paranoid about what had happened last time. His fingers itched compuslively.

Actually, so did his shoulder.

He made a detour to sickbay, and ran smack into Kyp as the doors slid open.

"Watch it." The older man said calmly, stumbling back a little. His wounds were healing with the help of the bacta, but he had a shiner the size of a golf ball.

Sethe moved past him and took up the synth skin gun and a container of antibiotic. He rubbed the cloth over the wound and gritted his teeth. The fabric, made for light touches, felt like sand paper. He pulled the lever on the gun and watched the synth come out in a solidifying foam on his shoulder.

Kyp was still watching him from the doorway.

"What?" Sethe barked. He didn't need this right now, he was too tired.

"Just seeing if you need help."

Sethe tried not to let his frustration boil over. There was too many people in his business here... not enough room to breath.

"Look, no offense, but I'm sure you have other things to worry about then this." He gestured at his shoulder. Kyp held his gaze for a moment, then turned and left.

Sethe paced around the infirmiry waiting for the synth to coagulate. He was restless, it wasn't like him to feel this thin skinned. He swung his hands back and forth trying to blow off steam. He flexed his muscles.

The door slid open again. this time, Coral stepped through. She didn't look surprised to see him. Her hair was pulled back in a low ponytail, pieces of it framed her face and she shook them aside, cocking her head in a way that made her look inquisitive.

"Thought I'd find you here. How's your shoulder?"

He flexed it a little, trying to get a feel against the new skin. It was tight, and throbbed.

"Could be better." He made a face. As much as he didn't want company, it was hard not to look at her. Even with what had happened on Bespin... god she smelled so...

He shook his head slightly. what was he thinking of...?

"Sethe..." She had been talking to him, he looked up now, her eyes were concerned. "did you hear me? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. yes, i'm fine." He turned his back to her. His body was on fire. he felt fevered and heavy. wracked.

She stepped closer and he pushed his hand out to block her.She jerked back. "Did I...."

"No. I just... Leave me alone, alright."

She looked hurt, but backed out of the room. The doors slid closed behind her.

Alone, he breathed again, his heart pumping. What was the matter with him?

He clenched his fists and paced some more, then examined his shoulder where his dressing should have dried.

It hadn't. It had shrunk like an autumn leaf and the wound raged around it, swallowing it. He pulled at the skin, tugging it free, his eyes watering at the pain of it. Son of a bitch. He reached down and reached for another antibiotic, thought better of swabbing and poured it straight into the wound.

He hissed through his teeth in pain even as his skin sizzled and popped against the chemical. He felt flushed and hot. He pulled off his sleeveless shirt and moved toward the wall where the dressings lay. He opened the cupboard and took out a wrapping. it would have to do. He prayed the wound wasn't as infected as it looked.

Sethe tied the bandage with shaking hands and went to rinse his face. The mirror at the wash station shocked him. He looked pale, and drawn.

Suddenly enraged, he reached out and thrust his hand forward into the mirror. It went through, shattering the glass and causing the sink to reverberate with impact. He felt the shards push through his skin, but only barely. It felt good. Really good.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 06:42pm    Post subject:

Tseneca was lying on her bed, thinking.

There was no reason for Sethe to be cross with her. Certainly he was just tired. It had been a while since any of them had really rested, especially since Dahrtag.

She heard the door slide open and sat up. It was Lucas. She waved him in, trying not to feel the pang of guilt at telling Kyp what he had told her.She shrugged all that aside.

"What's up?" She asked.

"We've been paged by Thyferra. Well, you've been paged by Thyferra. Some Imperial director Davio."

She shook her head, not recognizing the name. "Why didn't the regents reach me?"

He shrugged. "Said he didn't trust them with the information. Apprently its just book trouble, but its hindering production."

She sighed. This was nothing Minerva couldn't handle...

Lucas continued. "I took care of it, but Alisson's had me set a course for Bakura so you can get some of the contractural work under control in person."

"Why Bakura?"

He shrugged again. "Thats where the transmission came in."

She made a face. "Then no wonder the regents didn't tell me, they might not even know about it. I wish they wouldn't come to me directly, thats why I set up a figurehead in the first place."

"You're in charge of the Cartel now, this is the kind of responsibility Emmett was worried about if you left Thyferra." He crossed his arms. He wasn't being stubborn, just truthful. She knew it.

"Fine, fine." She waved her hand. She didn't want business, she wanted a break.

Lucas smiled, and turned and left the room. He needed sleep almost as badly as she did.

She sighed again. If Bakuran manufacturers were having difficulty with production, that wasn't her problem. For the most part, the Cartel was imperially run. Minerva shouldn't be having a problem fixing little things like this. The whole thing gave her a bad feeling in her gut.

The door opened again. She looked up to see Sethe come in. He was damp with sweat, his shirt gone.

"Hey." She said softly. He didn't seem to hear her, just looked about the cabin, hair flung in his eyes. She looked down at his hand. It was seeping blood. He muttered something she didn't catch.

"Oh my god." She said, surprised. She stood and walked over to him "What happened to your--"

Before she could touch him he rounded on her grasping her wrist and shoving her against the cabin wall. He pressed against her and she gasped, trying to get air. His nails dug into the flesh of her palms, he felt his knees push against her thighs, pinning her.

"Sethe!" She gasped, pushing against him. She felt him, hard against her stomach, she struggled against him. He slammed her back against the wall, her head colliding with the plating. She felt an ounce of shock as pain went through the not yet healed wound on the back of here head. She kicked at him, but he was holding her so her feet couldn't touch the floor. He held her fast, and began ripping at her tunic, tearing its straps. She caught a glimpse of his eyes, jaundiced and yellowed, pupils dialated to the extreme. he looked desperate... animal. Pure, unbridled lust. This was not Sethe.

"Let go of me!" She yelled, but he pulled her away from the wall and threw her bodily to the floor. She scrabbled to get away, for an instant siezing the small desk chair and throwing it at him. He caught it in the chest, staggering backward. He righted himself and let out an almost inhuman cry. He wrenched forward and grabbed at her leg. She kicked wildly, trying to find something else to throw at him. Gods, he was going to... He pounced on her, pinning her once again to the ground, tearing at her clothes, forcing her legs apart... teeth bared.

She reached for her lightsaber, but it was too far out of reach, left under her pillow meters from where she was pinned. She gasped for air, the wind being pulled away from her as he grasped her throat.

Then she pushed. using the force she ejected him backward, knocking him against the far wall. With what little strenth she had she held him there, pressing his own wind pipe. He flailed mightily, kicking and bucking under the pressure she was exerting. Then, not a moment to soon, his body relaxed as he lost consciousness.

She released him and collapsed, sitting and trembling on the bed. She pulled the tatters of clothing she still had on together, trying to breath, staring at him from as far away as she could.

Breathing hard, she stood and left the cabin, locking the door fast behind her.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, January 26th 2011 04:04am    Post subject:

Lucas was picking through a pile of parts, one of the display screens in the aft part of the ship required a new light generator. He was halfway between balancing the hue when Tseneca emerged, completely out of breath. It didn't take a Jedi to know something was up. "What is it? Something Mycah left behind?!"

Tseneca shook her head, pointing down the path she just came from. Lucas tried to scramble, even reach out with the Force, but it was nearly impossible. Something was really wrong if she was that guarded. Lucas followed her, it seemed like the thing to do, when finally she broke into explaining what happened. When she finished, Lucas wasn't exactly sure what to say, but knew that he was angry. "What the hell? He attacked you?!"

"It wasn't him, I know it. I felt that."

"Tseneca, I believe you." Lucas needed her to believe that. Alisson was approaching, he had paged her halfway to the room. Coral was at her side, they needed to get Tseneca checked out, make sure the baby was okay. "Coral, take her down to sickbay, Durron should be in the area. He knows something is up." Lucas couldn't help but glance at the Thyferran-born's stomach. "Check to see if she, they, are all right."

They both wanted explanations, but Coral bent low and put her arm around Tseneca. "I can walk-"

Coral hesitated, but kept her arm where it was. "Doesn't matter. Maybe you're helping me then. Let's go."

Lucas turned on his heel, Alisson quickly behind him. "Sethe turned on her. She tried to describe it as some kind of animalistic attack, but I'm not sure. You'll have to hold him, once I contain him with the Force." Lucas kinda wished Durron could assist, but any energy the Master could muster, could be used to save the unborn child. Lucas didn't sense that the baby was in trouble, but all precautions needed to be taken.

They stopped in front of the door. "How far are you willing to take this?" Alisson inquired.

"If he is too aggressive, dislocate his arms and legs. Break his back if you need to." SAMM opened the door on cue, before a wave of Force energy enveloped and pinned the man against the wall. Alisson pounced, and secured the older manl. Tseneca's quarters had been completely destroyed.

"Lucas." He turned to face the Human Replica Droid, "He's infected."

"Infected?"

"Tydreannian Syndrome. It's generally exclusive to rats within Necropolis. Look at his eyes." They were almost orange, though bloodshot. "And his wound, look at the discoloration of the blood veins." Strange dark blue strains ran, oozing with a disgusting puss. "I would say Fitz found a way to infect humans. It would explain his heightened aggression."

Sethe made a strange sound, like a growl a predator would give another of its species. A warning. Lucas waved his hand and telepathically slapped the man. "Do it. I dare you." Alisson released. "It is likely contagious. And the odds of finding a cure are slim."

Alisson forged makeshift bands and tied them around his body. It wouldn't be impossible to slip out of, but it would secure him long enough for them to get to a safer location. "Sickbay has a medical containment bed, primarily used for surgery. The straps would be ideal." Sethe shook and resisted, but it was entirely useless. Using the Force, Lucas tilted the man's head so they could meet eye to eye.

"Ironic, isn't it?" Lucas chimed, "You almost killed the woman you loved... while simultaneously breaking an oath to your best friend." He looked the man up, then down. "Not that you haven't already." Lucas used the Force to slam him against the wall, before Alisson hoisted him up. The walk to sickbay had been eventless, and nearly half the ship's supply of sedatives had to be used, before Sethe slipped into a coma. Lucas rounded Tseneca's position, the dark comments fell to the back of his mind. "I'm so sorry Tseneca, I'm sure he will get better."

Tseneca's hand was cold, but it was an emotion that disturbed him most. Just a few moments ago, he was willing to kill and completely dismember the man strapped to a table. To no fault of his own, Sethe Bhren had almost lost his life. Had the darkness always been there? Dormant inside his soul? Lucas smirked, almost petting Sethe's head. The man probably wouldn't remember his taunts, and if he had, who would believe him? Lucas shifted his weight, embracing Tseneca for the last time, before he swept out of sickbay and into his quarters. Sleep had never come so easily.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: