Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Modified Ghtroc-720 Light Freighter - "Star Raptor"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Modified Ghtroc-720 Light Freighter - "Star Raptor"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, August 12th 2009 10:47pm    Post subject: Modified Ghtroc-720 Light Freighter - "Star Raptor"

Class 720 light freighter Star Raptor

Registered Owner: Daegon Selanno
Current Location: Tatooine

Schematics:
Expand

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, August 12th 2009 10:49pm    Post subject:

She was sitting in the docking bay much as he’d left her. As far as Daegon could tell, nobody had tried to slice their way into the freighter, which meant that he wouldn’t have to waste precious time hunting them down. Her landing struts were sagging slightly and he made a mental note to refill the ship’s hydraulics at their next port of call. He walked a complete circuit around the vessel, making sure everything was as it should be. Once he was relatively sure it was safe, Daegon turned back to the entrance of the bay and whistled once. Amara poked her head in and looked around before entering and sealing the door with his code. It wouldn’t be long before the bounty on her went out, and his docking bay was on the list of ‘Most Obvious Places the Selannos Would Go’.

His sister shouldered the carryall full of tools she’d grabbed from her workshop and smiled at the familiar Star Raptor. Amara had helped Daegon tinker with the Corellian freighter over the years and was as familiar with her as he was; sometimes, he suspected, even more so than he was. From the illegal laser cannons fitted in dorsal recesses to the upgraded 0.6 hyperdrive and exterior smuggling compartments, Amara knew the Raptor like she knew her droids.

Daegon tapped his entry code into the panel by the boarding elevator and stood back as it hissed open. “All aboard the Daegon express,” he said with a smirk. “Please keep your hands and feet inside the ship at all times–”

“Braggart,” Amara said as she brushed past him, smiling. He grinned after her and took one last look around the bay before keying the lift closed and letting it carry him up into the hold. For once, the cargo bay didn’t contain crates loaded with contraband or weapons. No spice; he’d made it a point never to run drugs or narcotics. Although, now that he thought about it, spice probably couldn’t do as much harm as blasters or explosives could. Something to look into, he thought to himself as he strode towards the ship’s bow, where Amara was no doubt already getting set up in one of the bunks.

Daegon walked into the cramped cockpit, noting that everything was, like outside, as he’d left it a few days ago. He sat down and was just finishing the preflight checklist when Amara slipped into the copilot’s seat behind him. “Are we ready to get out of here?” Daegon took another glance at the readouts in front of him. “We should be good,” he replied. “In fact, I think we might be able to weasel our war offplanet before Grudo–” A beeping noise from one of his screen distracted him, and he leaned forward to get a good look at it. “–sends out the–” Daegon’s eyes widened and he cursed. Amara leaned forward. “What? What is it?”

“We have to get out of here, now!” Daegon skipped through the rest of the checklist and powered up the repulsorlifts. The Star Raptor lifted off the deck of the docking bay and edged towards the rectangular opening, where skyscrapers reached for the stars. Daegon maneuvered the Raptor out of the hole, and as soon as they were a liberal distance away he fired the engines and the light freighter rocketed skyward. Amara opened her mouth to object–after all, the thruster wash would only attract attention–but then she saw what had spooked Daegon. On the screen was the image of her staring in shock at a security holocam. Underneath her face were the words: 3,000 DEAD/4,000 ALIVE.

Their time was up.

Another console began beeping. “What is it?” Daegon called out, unable to take his eyes off piloting the Raptor. Amara shifted her gaze from the wanted poster of herself to the sensor display. Three yellow dots were rising out of the canyon of buildings behind them. As they got closer, one of them fired a burst from a laser cannon that splattered against the shields. The dots shifted color to red, and Amara clutched her crash webbing as Daegon began twisting the Raptor into a series of evasive maneuvers. He spun the starship on its port side and slipped in between two buildings, eliciting a gasp of fear from Amara–and an explosion as one of their pursuers attempted to follow and pancaked themselves into a building.

Daegon pulled back on the steering yoke and the Raptor began climbing sharply. He jerked a thumb towards the ship’s aft. “Go man the laser cannons, there’re probably more of them in orbit.” Amara unstrapped herself and ran to the access ladder behind the cockpit. She stumbled as the shields took another hit, and an alarm began whining in the cockpit. “A lot more,” Daegon muttered under his breath as the Raptor cleared the atmosphere and half a dozen craft appeared from both sides. He bared his teeth and flipped a few switches on the board. You want her? he thought as a pair of concussion missile pods rotated into position underneath the hull. Another tap armed a quartet of missiles. Come and get her, scum-suckers.

Daegon fired, watching as the four missiles split to follow different targets. Not waiting to see if any of them connected, he threw the throttles way past the safeties and soared away from Nar Shaddaa’s gravity well.

Destiny First Previous Next Latest

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Amara Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Thu, August 13th 2009 02:33pm    Post subject:

Amara clambered up the ladder to the laser cannon turret and strapped in as quickly as she could. The ship bucked as another bolt hit her, and she wondered how long the shields would hold, even after all of the upgrades it had undergone. Don’t worry about that now, she told herself, Just shoot. She slipped her fingers into the two sleeves and twisted them to the left, bringing the laser cannons to bear on the nearest pursuer. She fired and missed, but it was forced to spiral out of her line of sight to avoid a follow-up shot. Amara lined up the crosshairs on the next ship and held down the triggers, tracing a line of fire into its belly as she adjusted her aim. The ship’s shields flared and flashed out of existence, and it soon followed suit. One down, she thought. Seven more. Daegon’s maneuvers were becoming even more frantic as Amara set to work discouraging their attackers, destroying one and scoring a hit on another that forced it to pull back.

She turned the cannons back towards the bow, and she saw a sleek swept-wing fighter heading straight for them. Amara waited for Daegon to break and give her a clean shot, but just as the fighter grew to the size of her hand she realized that he wasn’t going to flinch. With no other choice, she centered the crosshairs on the fighter as best as she could and fired a burst. The bolts blew off the fighter’s engine section and sent it tumbling into space–but the debris from the explosion was now headed straight for them. “Daegon, break!” she cried down the ladder. Her brother finally came to his senses and twisted to the left, but before he could change course the debris hit. There was a tremendous metal crunch and suddenly she could no longer hear the hum of the port engine block. “Daegon, what did we lose?”

No answer.

Amara’s blood ran cold. She unstrapped and slid down the ladder. When she turned, she saw Daegon slumped over the controls. A large crack was visible in the viewport, and she could hear the air hissing out. ”Daegon!” Amara ran forward and sat her brother up in his seat, checking for a pulse. He was alive–just stunned. She began slapping him lightly in the face frantically. “C’mon, Daegon, you’ve got to wake up! We need to jump!” There was a loud cracking sound in front of her, and Amara knew that they had no time left. She dragged her brother out of the chair and leaned him up against the ladder outside the cockpit and hit the bulkhead release on the wall. A pair of heavy circular plates slammed together just as the viewport gave way. There was a short tug of air, then silence.

Until the ship shuddered again and an alarm from the oher side of the door indicated that the shields were about to fail.

Daegon was coming to. “Wha–? What happened–” Amara slid his arm over her shoulder and began helping him to the nav station in the hold. “You almost got yourself killed, that’s what happened!” Daegon noticed where they were going and waved her off. “‘M fine, Amy. He took two steps to the nav station and slumped into the chair. Daegon shook his head and began typing in commands. When nothing happened, he slammed the side of the console with his hand, and suddenly the port engine block roared to life. “See? No problem.” Just as the last word left his mouth, the engine died again. Daegon’s eyes widened slightly, and he looked to his left. “Okay, problem.”

Amara looked up at the ceiling, wondering why the ships had stopped firing. Of course–she was worth more alive. Now that they were crippled, they’d probably try to board the Raptor to get the extra money. “Can we jump with just one engine?”

“There’s a first time for everything…” Daegon muttered as he continued typing. The navigation screen blinked red, then changed to blue as Daegon raised a hand to whack it again. Amara felt the deck vibrate under her feet for a moment, then grabbed the console as the ship lurched into hyperspace.

She breathed a sigh of relief and patted her brother on the back. “Thanks, Daegon.” He looked up and smiled. “Well, who else is going to fix the ship?” Amara scowled at him for a moment until he burst into laughter and stood. “Come on, I’m just kidding! I can fix the ship…usually.”

The Star Raptor is en route to Corellia.

Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Thu, August 13th 2009 10:50pm    Post subject:

Whoops.

Expand
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, August 14th 2009 11:12am    Post subject:

Daegon grunted and twisted the last bolt into place with the wrench. He raised a hand to wipe the sweat from his brow, only to grumble as his hand whacked the visor of the vac-suit he was wearing. He tapped the comm button inside the helmet with his chin. “All right, try it now, Amy.” While he waited for his sister to perform the pressure check on the cockpit, Daegon turned to look at the distant star of Corell a few million kilometers away. Instead of heading straight for Corellia, Daegon had opted to stop in the outskirts of the system to make what repairs they could on their own, in case some of Grudo’s hunters had managed to track them. The port engine was still a wreck–nothing short of a major overhaul in Corellia’s shipyards would repair it, meaning that their speed was still only about fifty percent of what the Raptor would have been able to make under normal circumstances.

A series of lights danced around the perimeter of the viewport Daegon had just finished replacing. All of them were green, and soon Amara’s voice came over the comm. “We’re good. Seal checks out.” Daegon breathed a sigh of relief. No captain liked to be locked out of his own cockpit. “Alright, good work. See what you can do with the shield generator while I work on the rest of the hull breaches.” It took the better part of four hours to fix everything they could, but eventually the two of them met in the cockpit after Daegon had had a good sanisteam and changed into a simple brown coat. Daegon checked the hyperdrive readout and was satisfied with the reports. “All right, we’re good to go. Did you manage to get the shields back online?”

Amara nodded and brushed a strand of blue hair out of her eyes before settling into the copilot’s seat. “Don’t worry, I sorted them.” Daegon grinned to himself at Amy’s choice of words. He imagined her standing in front of the shield generator, hydrospanner raised like a weapon with curses she’d learned from him streaming out of her mouth. “Yeah, I bet.” He cut off her response with a wave of his hand. “As long as it’s working, I don’t care how you got it done. Ready for lightspeed?” Amara clipped her harness on. “Ready.” Daegon wrapped his hand around the hyperspace lever. “Microjump in three, two, one…now!” The stars elongated as the Raptor jumped–and just as quickly reverted back into realspace a short distance from Corellia’s gravity well.

Amara breathed in silent awe as she set eyes on her home planet for the first time in nearly a decade. Corellia’s blue oceans and green land masses contrasted sharply with the black backdrop of space. Daegon couldn’t blame her. Nine years later, it still took his breath away. Amara opened her mouth to say something when the Raptor shuddered and the proximity alarm began blaring. “What is it? Have they found us?”

“What do you think?” Daegon yelled over his shoulder as he slipped into an evasive pattern. A quick glance at the sensors told him that they were in trouble. A medium freighter had microjumped in after them and waited until they were within Corellia’s gravity well before launching several small attack fighters. He squinted and caught a glimpse of one–disk-shaped body, scissor-like wings tipped with laser cannons, and a pair of glowing red eyes told him all he needed to know about them. “Vulture droids,” he called out. “Two-to-one that’s Slugger’s freighter.”

Amara grabbed the back of Daegon’s chair as another droid strafed their shields. “He probably wants to kill me and collect the bounty. Lets him settle a score and get some credits out of it. Can we comm. CorSec for help?” Daegon checked the comm board. “No. They got the long-range transmitter on the first hit. Nobody more than twenty meters away can hear us.” He turned away from the flight controls and began tapping commands into the weapons board. “What are you doing?” Amara asked frantically. “Shouldn’t you be, oh, I don’t know, flying?

“Fat lot of good that’ll do us with one engine,” he shot back. “Besides, you didn’t think I wasn’t expecting this, did you?” With that, he entered a final command into the console, and they could hear several clunks as hull plates retracted to reveal a pair of quad lasers and an ion cannon. Daegon grinned at her as the Raptor’s newly-revealed weapons began blasting at the Vulture droids, reducing three to free-floating particle clouds and leaving another drifting helplessly through space. “Why didn’t you just do that above Nar Shaddaa?” Amara asked. Daegon shrugged and turned back to the controls. “Didn’t have enough time to enable the autotarget. Besides, if I’d shown my hand then, Slugger would have come with more fighters now.” The Raptor accelerated as fast as her remaining engine could handle. Corellia began to grow larger in the viewport, and the sensors told him that they were just outside of the planet’s orbit when a familiar bang sounded to starboard.

“–the hell?!” Daegon yelled as the ship entered a flat spin. He glanced at the readouts, which were not only claiming that the starboard engine was nonresponsive–according to them, it just wasn’t there anymore. “One of the frakking droids must’ve rammed us,” he said grimly. “We’re drifting.” Amara’s eyes widened suddenly and she pointed out the viewport. “Daegon…”

He turned and looked out into space to see that one of the Vulture droids was hovering meters away from the cockpit. Its laser cannons were trained square on the two of them, presenting a clear message. Surrender or die. Daegon discreetly glanced at the shield console, hoping that they–no, that last hit had taken them down. With no other choice, he shut down the weapons and ordered the Raptor’s computer to stow them in their compartments. He looked at his sister, anger burning in his eyes at his failure to protect her. Short of shoving her into an escape pod and hoping against all odds she managed to avoid Slugger’s droids, there was nothing more he could do.

Well, that’s not entirely true…

Before he could explore that option, a green bolt of fire lanced through the Vulture droid in front of them, shearing it in half. What the…?! A small silver fighter darted past the cockpit and fired again, turning another droid into scrap. He and Amara craned their necks to follow the fighter, where it began harassing the other droid starfighters into ignoring the freighter. “Who is that?” Daegon wondered out loud. “CorSec?”
“I don’t know, but whoever it is, they just bought us some time.” Amy said as she unstrapped herself and moved out of the cockpit. “I’ll get the weapons back online,” Daegon yelled over his shoulder. “See about getting the attitude thrusters working.”

Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, August 14th 2009 12:21pm    Post subject:

With his slugthrower holstered on his belt and his knife hidden inside his jacket, Daegon walked over to the airlock and waited for the Jedi. Amara followed initially, but he held up a hand. “Stay in the cockpit, sis. I’ll handle this.” Amy frowned. “I just want to thank him, Daegon. Besides, he’s a Jedi. He’s not gonna steal the ship or anything.” Daegon shook his head. “No, that’s CorSec’s job once they figure out what kind of upgrades this ship’s packing.” The beginnings of a plan were forming in Daegon’s mind. If he could convince the Jedi, then he may have a way to keep Amy safe from the hunters while he drew their fire. “Just stay in the cockpit for now until I call for you. Please?”

Amara sighed and strode back towards the cockpit. Daegon brushed himself off and waited until the Jedi emerged from the airlock before walking forward and extending a hand. “Jedi Starskimmer? I’m Captain Selanno.” The Jedi wasn’t dressed as he had imagined. Instead of some sort of archaic robes, the man was wearing a standard brown and gray flight suit with a helmet tucked underneath his arm. If it weren’t for the lightsaber clipped to his belt, he would look just like a Republic or CorSec pilot. Starskimmer lowered his helmet to the floor and returned the handshake. “I was happy to help. It’s not often you see pirates this close to the Core. Whatever they were after must have been worth the risk.”

It was an obvious probe, and Daegon sideslipped it. “They might’ve been looking for a bit of fun, too. You can never tell with scum like them.” Or scum like me, he thought. Booster and Fenris would probably die of shock if they ever saw me talking to a Jedi. Daegon hitched his thumbs in his belt. “So, is CorSec going to tow us to the shipyards? We’re not going anywhere else otherwise.”

Starskimmer nodded. “I talked to the squadron commander and he’s called for a tug to move you into a repair berth. Free of charge.” He winced slightly. “Of course, it may be hard to explain the, ah…aftermarket upgrades you’ve installed once you’re there.”

“There is that.” Daegon was surprised the Jedi was acting so understanding about all this, then realized that it was another tack to get on his good side and make him more likely to reveal something. “I’m sure I’ll think of something.” Starskimmer nodded and took one last look around the hold. “Well, if that’s all then I’ll be on my way. I have pressing business on the planet and must go see to it–”

“Actually,” Daegon said. “There was one other favor I’d like to ask of you. Those pirates weren’t just after some sport. They were after a bounty.”

Starskimmer’s eyes lit in recognition, and his hand drifted almost imperceptibly to his lightsaber. “Ah. I see. So you want me to convince whoever’s paying to remove the death mark from you?”

Daegon shook his head. Here goes… “Not me.” He turned and cupped his hands around his mouth. “Amara! You can come out now!” There was a thud of boots on metal, and his sister stepped into view behind him and smiled at the Jedi. “It’s my sister they’re after–” he said, cutting off as he turned and saw the Jedi’s face. Starskimmer’s mouth was open in shock, and his brown eyes were staring straight at Amy, as if he’d seen a ghost.

Back to top »
Nik Starskimmer
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, August 14th 2009 03:32pm    Post subject:

It was her.

She was dressed in patchwork overalls and an old nerf-hide jacket, but she had the same face, the same blue hair. She even had the same bandana as the woman in his vision. For a moment, he could do nothing except stare in shock at Amara, whose smile turned to a slight frown as she realized something was wrong. Out of the corner of his eye, Nik noticed Selanno frowning as well, and his hand was creeping towards the slugthrower on his belt. Easy, Nik. Nik closed his mouth and cleared his throat. “Uh, and what–what exactly were you going to ask of me?”

Selanno’s eyes were still suspicious, but his hand moved away from the gun. He held out a hand and put it on Amara’s shoulder. “Like I said,” he answered, his voice neutral. “Slugger and his gang were after my sister. Grudo the Hutt’s got a bounty on her, and I won’t be able to stay ahead of them with a broken ship.” He took a deep breath. “I was hoping you could take her with you.” Nik blinked. Take her…Ah. “You want me to take her back to the Academy?” he asked. He hadn’t sensed any latent Force sensitivity when Amara had walked in, but that didn’t mean anything. He stretched out with the Force and still felt nothing emanating from her.

Selanno nodded. “Yes. She’s good with droids and ships, and I know the Jedi sometimes hire civilians to staff their schools. This way, the hunters won’t be able to get near her. I might even be able to lead them on a merry chase for a while, once my ship gets patched up.” Amara’s frown had grown during the course of the conversation, and she took her brother aside now, whispering to him in fierce tones that left no doubt what she was saying. Nik didn’t bother eavesdropping. After a few moments, Amara’s shoulders sagged, and she hugged her brother before walking over to Nik. “Daegon’s right, Jedi. They’re going to keep coming after me as long as I’m in Grudo’s reach.”

The vision began to flash in his eyes, overlapping his sight. He squeezed his eyes shut and willed the images away before taking a deep breath and responding. “Very well.” What? Did I just say that? Daegon and Amara were shocked, too. “Really? You’ll help us?” Daegon said, his frown disappearing. Nik nodded at him. “Yes. Jedi are authorized to hire people whose skills would benefit the Academy.” He turned to Amara. “I have business on the planet, but once that is done we’ll leave for Dantooine.”

“Dantooine?” This was from Daegon. “Your academy’s on Dantooine?” His tone sounded positive, and Nik suspected that Daegon didn’t think the bounty hunters were likely to find Amara so far away from other civilized worlds. Nik nodded. “Yes. My Master sent me here to render medical aide to Representative–” he trailed off. “That isn’t important. Rest assured, your sister will be safe with me. I’ll finish my business here and we’ll head straight for the Academy.” Daegon sighed slightly in relief and shot a glance at his sister. “You see? I told you I’d fix this.”

The vision flashed in Nik’s eyes like a hologram, and he closed them again. Neither Selanno noticed. The images came faster and faster, slowing over Amara’s face just before the soldier squeezed the trigger…

I will not let this happen.

Nik opened his eyes. Daegon and his sister were talking, and it was clear they were saying their goodbyes. The two siblings hugged tightly before Amara disengaged and ran to the crew section. “I’ll be there in a minute, Jedi.” Daegon looked back the way she’d gone, his eyes slightly sad. Nik glimpsed a flash of the two of them, young and innocent–well, mostly innocent–on the streets of Corellia, long ago, before Amara reappeared with a toolbag slung over her shoulder. She hugged her brother one last time and climbed into the airlock. “Passenger seat’s right behind to mine,” Nik called into the tube. He turned back to Daegon and handed him a datacard. “Here’s my comlink frequency if you ever want to call her. And don’t worry about CorSec impounding your ship. I’ll handle that when I’m planetside.” The elder Selanno brightened slightly. “I–thanks, Jedi.” He pocketed the card and shook Nik’s hand before retreating to the cockpit.

Nik watched him leave, then followed Amara. R7 beeped happily when he noticed that they had a guest, and Amara smiled back. “Hey, little guy.” Her smile stole his breath for a moment before he calmed himself and remembered why he’d come to Corellia in the first place.

I suspect Master Tyris and I will have a long talk about the Academy’s new employee when we return, he thought to himself. After Daegon had disengaged the docking tube, Nik powered up the interceptor and headed down to Corellia.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force."

Jedi Code
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, August 18th 2009 12:43am    Post subject:

She looked good as new.

Daegon walked slowly around the Star Raptor, eyeing every hull late and weld as an art critic might view a painting. After a slow inspection of the outer hull, he was finally satisfied. “She looks good,” he announced to Kaor and Mal. He walked over to the forward elevator and depressed the switch. “Go ahead and bring your stuff on board.” Mal carried only a sealed quiver made of bark in addition to his bowcaster. When Daegon asked what was inside the Wookiee removed the top and revealed a pair of wicked-looking swords. “<Ryyk blades,>” Mal said in answer to Daegon’s unspoken question. “<I crafted them myself at the same age as I did my bowcaster, as is tradition on my world.>” Daegon nodded approvingly.

Kaor, like Mal, traveled light. Besides his rifle he carried only a small bag of clothes and a cleaning kit for his weapon. The three of them boarded and began settling in while Daegon checked the Holonet for bounties.

An hour later he had settled on three possible candidates when there was a loud banging on the lower hull. He hid the screen and eyed the hull cam. There was a young woman in civilian clothing standing next to the cargo elevator. She was using her fist to knock on the elevator door. Daegon sighed and got up. Looks like the Jedi didn’t have as much pull with CorSec as he thought. After assuring Mal and Kaor that he’d handle their visitor, he lowered the forward elevator and remained on the lift rather than step down. “Can I help you, or are you banging on my freshly–painted hull for fun?”

Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 18th 2009 01:11am    Post subject:

Coral was never direct when it came personal confrontations, and she usually avoided it, preferring the sanctity of computer terminals, and artificial programs. To them, there was always a solution. Logical, predictable. This man, however, must've missed the massive massacre. "Can I help you, or are you banging on my freshly–painted hull for fun?”

The intelligence agent folded her arms, "Actually yes, you can help me. Are you a smuggler? Mercenary? Or any other person-for-hire?" She sized him, “I'd be paying a lot more than whatever scum you're taking, that's fer sure."
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, August 18th 2009 09:15pm    Post subject:

She was blunt, he’d give her that. Barely a sentence had been exchanged between them and already she was offering him a job. Daegon crossed his arms and remained where he was, deciding to be mildly offended on his partners’ behalf. “Guilty as charged, on all accounts,” he said with a cocky half-grin. “Now why don’t you start again and try being polite, miss…?” he trailed off pointedly. Daegon wasn’t in the habit of hiring nameless spooks.

Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 21st 2009 08:35pm    Post subject:

The tracking beacon she had placed on Vera Nico’s ship was speeding towards the edge of the system, and within minutes, it jumped to hyperspace. Not exactly wanting to spoil the nature of her mission, Coral resisted the urge to contact the captain over the earpiece. "Miss Credits, call me C for short." She wasn't in the mood for lighthearted banter, and judging by the swarm of public transportation foot traffic, she might have better luck with any of the other travelers. "I am not in the mood to play polite damsel-in-distress with someone like you. My business is articulate, and usually, extremely rudimentary. I did not choose to interact with people, such as you, but here I am, attempting to make the best of it. I require a ship, preferably one with guns. And a pilot that has the balls to get the job done.”

Knowing that probably got the man's attention, Coral continued, "My government has very little jurisdiction, and I cannot be tangled up inside CorSec’s bullshit. You want answers? Not going to get them. This is an easy, put your hand on the accelerator and go. If you do not know how to use your weapon systems, I will. If you do not know how to detain a little girl," she downplayed Vera, “I will. All I need is your gods damn ship.”

Several men were approaching a green ship in the distance, "If I came off as a hardass, then you’re probably not the kind of guy I need.”
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, August 21st 2009 09:32pm    Post subject:

Daegon grinned. Well, she passed. "Welcome aboard, Miss C." He waved her towards the loading ramp. "We don;t have first-class reccomendations, but I'm sure we can accomodate someone of your stature. And don't worry about CorSec, a friend of mine took care of them for me. No one will be searching this ship." Daegon didn't mention that his 'friend' had come and gone in the span of an hour. As she strode onto the cargo ramp next to him, he saw a man in civilian clothes run into the bay and wave at his new client. "Friend of yours?" he asked, pointing to the newcomer.

Lazer, that's your cue.

Back to top »
Kelson Ordo
Lazer

Post Posted: Sat, August 22nd 2009 12:27am    Post subject:

I'm gunna pretend that I read this before my cantina post, that that came before this, and it all interworks. :P

Kelson jogged up to Coral's side. They had split up to look for a suitable ship, and it seemed Coral had found one. He gave the ship a quick glance over. As a shock trooper, he had boarded a dozen ships like it, and quickly categorized it, and thus its pilot. Mid class smuggler, low cash but good practice, as far as the trade went. One of the type that considered themselves to have a sense of honor. While most considered smugglers to be the sort of things to peal of ones shoe, Kelson respected many of their traits. Still, it was best to make sure the cash was on your side.

"Looks good. Let's get this show on the road."

"There are two types of people you're gunna encounter. Those who'll try and shoot you, and those you shot first." -Kelson Ordo

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, August 25th 2009 11:05pm    Post subject:

Daegon eyed the newcomer. Military, he looked like. He had the walk and the short, precise sentences that made Daegon file him under "Possibly Dangerous", right next to his girlfriend, who was under "Socially Awkward and Possibly Dangerous." He noticed the man was giving him an appraising look, and Daegon flashed a half-grin and gestured to his ship. "So. Like what you see? Good, then let's talk cash."

"A thousand," Miss C said instantly.

"Two." Daegon countered, not even hesitating.

"Fifteen hundred."

"Seventeen hundred."

"Done." He smiled to himself. He would have settled for a thousand on a simple ferry job, but the fact that his client's starting price had been his minimum wage had sparked his interest. She has connections.

The newcomer reached into a pouch and drew out a card. "There's an account on Drunost-"

Daegon shook his head. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Cash." The man made a face and returned the card to its slot. He reached into another thight pocket and withdrew a handful of credits, counting them out. "Seventeen hundred." Daegon gave them a quick-once over and pocketed them. "All seems in order." He waved them onto the boarding ramp. "Welcome aboard the Star Raptor, lady and gentleman. Please keep your hands and feet inside the lift at all-"

"Just hurry up." they both said simultaneously. He shrugged and hit the lift. "Customers!" he yelled up into the hold. As they rose into the ship, he saw Mal and Kaor lower their weapons at the sound of the code word. Had he said Company! they would have shot whoever was with him. The lift clicked into place, and they stepped off, his two clients giving the interior of the ship a cursory glance. "Where to?" Daegon called over his shoulder as he walked towards the cockpit.

Short and ugly, but it gets the job done. Feel free to give the details of the job, Alex. To save time I'll have the admins just move the thread now.

The Star Raptor is now at the E-Nebula.

Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, August 29th 2009 02:47am    Post subject:

Coral had found a peaceful spot, next to one of the ship's only windows outside the cockpit. The nebula was beautiful in person, the colors echoing against the darkness of space, illuminating their path in a strange way. It was vastly different than any kind of holographic, or database snapshot. The mercenary had done his job, and they arrived earlier than she had calculated. Kudos.

She had handed Captain Ordo the tracking system, and entrusted in his ability to relay the New Republic’s mission, without breaking intelligence protocol. They may be hot on Nico’s trail, but they weren’t exactly out of the woods. If their transport pilots were to learn it was Vera Nico they were tracking, it might alter the pursuit into none at all.

Out of the corner of her eyes, small sparks of light elucidated the nebula; as though it was lightning striking in the distance. Turbolasers!

Coral raced to the helm, to relay what she had seen...
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, August 29th 2009 11:40am    Post subject:

The Exrictarium nebula was a sight to behold. Eerie bands of blue and green light wrapped themselves around an amorphous blob of brightly-colored dust and ice. Light from the system's only sun was scattered as it passed through the nebula like a child's kaliedoscope, giving it an even stranger look as the Star Raptor edged closer to the tracking signal his clients had given him. Whatever their mission was, it was more than a simple fugitive hunt. Daegon would have asked for more credits, but he was far too interested by now. Information could be its own payment, and if he got a chance to see how these agents operated, well, then that would surely be worth something to someone, right?

Something caught Daegon's eye out of the starboard viewport, and he turned one of the ship's external camera's toward that side of the ship. At first he saw nothing, but then there was a flicker of light inside the nebula. A flicker that looked oddly like...

He realized what it was at the same time Miss C burst into the cockpit and opened her mouth to say something. "I know, I know." Daegon said as he swung the Raptor's bow to starboard, where flashes of red light were dancing through the nebula. "Mal, get up here." The big Wookiee shouldered past Miss C with a grunt of apology and settled into the copilot's chair. "We've got company," Daegon said, and he pointed towards the nebula. Mal squinted at it before his eyes widened slightly. "<I see that.>"

"Kaor!" Daegon shouted back into the main hold. "Get into one of the quads!" He twisted in his seat to look at Miss C. "You know how to operate a quad turret?"

She shook her head, but then her friend appeared from the hallway. "No, but I do." Daegon jerked a thumb aft. "Go. Kaor'll show you where it is. And lady, you might want to strap yourself in. This is probably going to get interesting."

The Star Raptor entered the nebula, its weapons online and five sets of eyes searching for any threats as it closed in on the dogfight.

Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, August 29th 2009 02:07pm    Post subject:

The Khan's sensor network had detected the light freighter, and instantly adjusted its attack pattern to lure the Blight Leaper closer to Iego. Weaving in an out of the thousands of shard pieces, space junk, and what appeared to be small moons, Vera Nico took her prey deeper into the rabbit's hole. She'd need to disable the Blight Leaper soon, before being forced to engage the advancing 720 light freighter.

Three of her droids were also engaged with a ship, momentarily halting their entrance into the dogfight. The droids were programmed distractions, not killers. Another three were waiting, but she would wait until the 720 was closer, besides, she had placed three mines and judging by their flight path, they would run into a few nasty explosions, perhaps negating the threat entirely...
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, August 29th 2009 03:18pm    Post subject:

They had just entered the inner edge of the nebula when the first mine detonated.

Daegon's only warning was a flash of blue-white light ahead of them. He stared for a split second at the disk of energy that scythed through the nebula towards them, mesmerized, before instinct kicked in and he sent the Raptor into a dive. The freighter narrowly missed the forward edge of the disk. "We've got trouble!" he shouted into the comm. "Seismic mines in the nebula. Keep your eyes open up there." Before Daegon could say anything, Mal began busying himself with the sensor board, tightening the scanning range to allow it to pick up the tiny mines. Sign of a good copilot, Daegon noted with satisfaction. He turned his eyes back to the nebula just in time to see a small red triangle appear on his screen. "<I have found another mine!>" Mal shouted.

"I see that!" Daegon snapped as he pulled up on the controls. The blasted thing was barely a kilometer in front of them. The Raptor roared over it just before it detonated, but the blast wave began chasing them relentlessly. A small asteroid appeared in front of them, and Daegon had to flip the ship on its back to roll underneath it. Unfortunately, the blast wave from the mine carved through it like a vibroblade, sending chunks of ore and rock into space at high velocities.

At that distance, it was like taking a shotgun blast to the ass.

The Raptor bucked violently and status alarms began blaring all over the cockpit. "<That was a bad hit, Captain,>" Mal reported. "<Another one and we're in big trouble.>" Daegon spared a glance down at the readouts and saw that his copilot wasn't exaggerating. The shields were nearly down, and something in the aft section of the ship was rattling around with every maneuver he made. "Remind me to bill those agents for this when we get back," Daegon said grimly to Mal.

"<Duly noted.>"

They were almost out of the nebula now, and he could see the flashes of laser cannon fire much more clearly now. A small patrol craft, probably the fugitive's ship, was busy strafing a much larger ship. It was about the size of a large corvette and had a profile he'd never seen on the spacelanes before, but that wasn't important at the moment. From the looks of it, the larger ship was in trouble. Its heavy weapons weren't able to hit the dancing, smaller ship-Daegon realized it was a Firespray-that was chewing up its shields and hull. "Get ready for some action up there," he commed to the quad turrets. "Aim for that patrol craft-"

Miss C leaned forward in her seat and spoke for the first time. "Look out!"

Daegon's eyes shot up just in time to see a third mine floating towards them. Frak! He rerouted what power he could find to the shields and gunned the engines, hoping to fly out of the blast radius before-

-the mine exploded, sending an all-too-familiar shockwave of azure sonic energy slicing through space. The edge wave hammered the Raptor's shields and collapsed them, exposing the crew to the debilitating effects of the mine blast.

Daegon screamed and clutched his head as daggers stabbed into his eardrums. He was vaguely aware of Mal roaring in pain and anguish beside him, and from behind them he could hear the others crying out in pain as well. It was worse than anything he'd ever experienced, anything he'd ever endured in his ten years of bounty hunting. Worse than breaking both legs, than being stabbed, than being beaten by a Weequay armed with a club...

The sonic assault abruptly vanished, and Daegon slumped in his chair. Something dripped onto his shoulder, and with a shaking hand he reached up and felt a trail of blood trickling down from his ear. There was a loud ringing blanketing everything, and he could barely hear the cockpit alarms announcing that the shields had failed and that the starboard engine was at half power. Mal was unconscious in his chair next to Mal, and Miss C was shaking behind him. From Kaor and the other agent he heard nothing at all.

The ringing slowly vanished, and as he took stock and shut down the alarms Daegon realized that they had finally left the nebula. The dogfight was still blazing ahead of them, and the frigate was still in trouble. He reached a hand over to slap the comm, getting it on the second try. "A-are you two okay back there?" he said. There was no response, but two status lights next to his board winked green twice, then darkened. He nodded, setting the Star Raptor on an intercept course for the patrol ship. "And here we go."

Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, August 30th 2009 02:52am    Post subject:

The blast was intense, overwhelming her senses, as the ship spun inside of the rage of the shockwave. Surprised they hadn't exploded by severely damaged shields, Coral called out, but the essence of her voice was lost by a muted crew. She shook slightly, her body revolting against the sudden loss of audio. She screamed, just to hear her own voice, calling her from any possible dreamt nightmares. She was alive, just not well, after hearing an extremely faint yell. Coral rose from her position, but the rush of a splitting headache forced her back into the seat. "Shields are operating near forty percent, if I'm reading this properly..." Coral relayed, her eyes failing to compute the data into any kind of information, except what she read.

Closing her eyes, she leaned into the chair, attempting to stretch the pain out of her body, but only more had surfaced. This was one hell of a ride, and judging by Selanno's voice, it was only beginning...
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, August 30th 2009 05:39pm    Post subject:

Daegon checked the readouts and shook his head. "Negative. Shields are completely gone. The display's lagging." As he spoke, it updated and showed a thin red line around the Raptor's outline. "Seems to be working now." Another alarm began beeping in front of him, and he turned to see the frigate plummeting nosefirst into the atmosphere. "What the frak?"

"Incoming!" Cee shouted. At the top corner of the viewport, Daegon could see the Firespray, trailing flames but still deadly, coming in for an attack run. He unlocked the weapons and armed a pair of concussion missiles in a split second, and just as the missiles streaked towards their targets he heard the quads open up, chugging as they pumped red bolts into the patrol ship's shields. Nico's ship barrel rolled and slipped in between the missiles, and even as the quadlasers hammered her shields she opened up with a furious spray of her own. With the shields down, the shots sent banging rattles throughout the ship's hull, and Daegon heard both engines whine in protest. Something ahead of him flashed brightly, and he instinctively looked away, knowing that surely he was about to die. Amara, wherever you are, I hope you're safe...

With his eyes still shut, he triggered his last four concussion missiles and sent them on their way.

The Firespray, coming at them head-on, had no time to dodge. The first three missiles overloaded its shields and caused tendrils of blue electricity to dance over its hull from the feedback as it spiraled out of control. The fourth one slipped past its nose and detonated behind the engines, engulfing that side of the ship in a fireball and burning his retinas. Daegon squeezed his eyes shut, seeing spots, and when he opened them there was no sign of the Firespray. It had vanished. He checked his sensors. Nothing. They were the only ship within a few thousand klicks, aside from the doomed frigate and a gunship that was even now burning its way towards the planet with no power.

He turned to Cee, who was rubbing her eyes as well. “What happened? Did you see it explode?” She looked out of the viewport and shook her head. “I don’t know.” The Raptor bucked, and something screeched to starboard. “But I think we have bigger problems.”

Daegon turned back to the planet, which was now filling the entire viewport.

He cursed and reversed the engine thrust. Their descent slowed, but then both engines sputtered and died. Cee’s eyes went wide, but Daegon held up a hand. “Don’t worry, I’ve got backups.” He flipped several switches above the main engine board. Nothing happened. Daegon’s eyes went wider than Cee’s. “Okay, time to start worrying.” The Raptor’s nose was beginning to flare from reentry, and hull temperature alarms were crawling into the yellow. “Panicking might actually be better.”

Cee narrowed her eyes and leaned over his shoulder. “Am I seeing things?” He looked up and stared down the length of her outstretched arm. Now that she mentioned it, he could just barely see a cluster of glowing white dots behind the flames licking the cockpit. “Rescue tugs?” he asked hopefully, knowing that they were far too small.

They rode out the reentry as best as they could, watching as the dots grew closer and closer and as the hull temperature rose higher and higher into the red. Just when Daegon was sure the entire ship would break apart, they burst into the cloud layer and the status bars dropped like rocks. Both he and Cee breathed sighs of relief, and Daegon reached for the repulsorlift controls. “Looks like we might make it after–” A soft melody began to echo in the cockpit, coming from nowhere in particular. It was sad, but slightly soothing music that filled him like water fills a pitcher. He felt as though he could breathe in and inhale the notes, they were so pure.

It was only after a few moments had passed that Daegon realized he couldn’t move.

His hand remained frozen above the repulsor glides, centimeters from the controls that would save their lives. His eyes danced around, taking in the growing landscape and their oh-my-gods-so-steep angle of descent and the dots that were now as large as the palm of his hand. They spread out, some beginning to circle the other two derelict ships while three moved as if to intercept the Raptor. As they got closer, Daegon realized he could make out their forms.

They looked like glowing, luminous humans who radiated light from every pore of their body. One was a man, and the other two were the most beautiful women he’d ever seen. Graceful wings of membranous material held them aloft as they began circling the hull, slowing as they passed the viewports. One of them, a female, stopped almost entirely as she appeared in the cockpit view. Her features were porcelain and delicate, and she smiled softly at him. His eyes stared at her imploringly, begging her to release them.

Her smile widened, slowly, terrifyingly, until her lips reached from ear to ear, revealing rows of needle-sharp teeth. Daegon could only gaze in petrified horror as her jaw distended and bulged to allow a thin reptilian tongue to sliver out of her mouth and lick her upper lip. Her eyes narrowed cruelly, and she continued to hum, holding him under her spell.

Daegon forced himself to look away, noticing that Cee was also frozen to his right. Her face was still slightly worried, but her eyes were racing in the same terror that he felt. They both met each other’s gazes briefly, and both sets of eyes fell on the repulsor glides as the ground continued to rush towards them. Daegon strained, fighting with every fiber of his body to move his arm those last few centimeters. His hand trembled slightly, and to his joy it began to fall ever so slowly towards their salvation.

Ten years passed in the span of ten seconds.

Daegon was running out of strength. No matter how strong he was physically, the creatures outside were stronger mentally. The ground was only a few thousand meters away now, and his hand was slowing, slowing, until it stopped just above the controls.

He couldn’t do it.

Cee’s hand smacked down on Daegon’s, albeit weakly but with enough strength to force his hand into depressing the repulsor glides. The Raptor slowed sharply and both of them were thrown into their harnesses as their angle of descent smoothed out until it was thirty degrees, twenty, ten, five…

There was a terrible metallic screech as the Star Raptor slammed belly-first into the rocky terrain, skidding on her armor plates and sending a violent vibration through the deck plating. The melody ceased, and Daegon and Cee slumped in their chairs before grabbing onto something to weather the crash. Finally, the ship came to a stop at a slight elevation, with its nose pointed towards the sky.

The two of them sat breathing heavily, not wanting to voice the joyous fact that neither of them had thought possible. They were alive.

Suddenly something thumped onto the viewport and Cee shrieked. It was the creature, the female one with the unnatural face and evil face. Her mouth was open in hunger, and she flexed her fingers, revealing wickedly curved claws that could probably cut through the transparisteel in seconds. The creature didn’t even bother, instead using a closed fist to shatter the already stressed and warped viewport. Cee began frantically unclipping her safety harness as the creature reached for the two of them, and Daegon scrambled for his slugthrower…

The creature looked up, her eyes curious. She cocked her head as if listening to something, then leapt up and out of sight. After a moment, all three creatures appeared, their wings carrying them far away. Within a minute, they were gone.

The Star Raptor has crash landed on Iego. Alex, Jess, feel free to stumble across us.

Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, March 26th 2010 06:00am    Post subject:

The Blight Leaper had just jumped to lightspeed, when Selanno put his hand on the lever. He lowered, and the Raptor vibrated, before stalling.

Frak. Coral thought, giving Selanno a look that worried the Imperial passengers, but before he could open his mouth, the ship jumped into hyperspace...
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, March 27th 2010 10:18am    Post subject:

Ack, huge apologies everyone. Been super busy trying not to bomb any Pre-Cal tests, plus figuring out colleges and payment.

The Star Raptor is at Corellia.

Arlyn, assume Daegon drops y'all off, including Neo at a specified location of your choice.

Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, September 07th 2010 07:45pm    Post subject:

Just some long-overdue movement.

The Star Raptor is currently at Tatooine.

Tag: Moff Please and thanks. :)

Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, September 07th 2010 10:39pm    Post subject:

One Month Later

Daegon eased back the hyperspace control levers, and the Star Raptor dropped out of lightspeed.

As the starlines shortened back into pinpricks of light, Daegon noted with satisfaction that the hyperdrive had initiated their realspace reversion without any sort of audible complaints. That refit job we got last week was worth every credit, he thought contentedly. The hull plating had been smoothed out, the weapons and their power supplies reconfigured for better efficiency, and the sublight engines had also been retuned. Those yard monkeys at Ylesia really know their stuff. As he rolled the freighter to present its belly to space, bringing its dorsal surface toward the yellow and brown disc that was Tatooine, Daegon mused that the Raptor hadn’t been in such fine shape since…well…since Amara had been its mechanic, as short-lived as that had been. For a moment he sat back in the pilot’s seat, remembered the frantic flight from Nar Shaddaa to Corellia, with Slugger’s thugs gunning on their tails the whole way. If not for the intervention of Jedi Starskimmer, neither of them would have made it out of there alive. And I wouldn’t have found a haven for Amara.

For the millionth time since they had parted ways, he prayed that she was safe…and happy.

Briefly he toyed with the idea of paying a visit to the Jedi Academy on Dantooine once their current job for Flax was over, but he cleared the notion from his head fairly quickly. The farther he stayed away from her, the safer she would be. In Daegon’s line of work–whatever ‘his line of work’ happened to be that particular day of the week–life was uncertain…and he sure as hell hadn’t spent the last two decades of his life trying to ensure Amara would have a future just so that it would all be ripped away at the last second. No, while there was still a bounty on her head, the Star Raptor would be steering clear of Dantooine…and the Jedi in general.

Still…a comm call wouldn’t hurt. With a small smile, he made a note to put through a Holonet call to the Academy after his business with Flax was resolved. It would be nice to see her face again–

“<I see we have arrived.>”

Daegon almost jumped out of his chair at the sudden braying. Malbacca urfed with soft laughter for a moment before sitting down in his oversized–or perfectly-sized, in his case–copilot’s seat. “Xia shee ma,” Daegon swore as he settled back in and gripped the controls again. “Since when are you so quiet?”

Mal gazed out the viewport at the rapidly-approaching day side of Tatooine thoughtfully. “<I am concerned about our current employer, Captain,>” he rumbled. “<I have come to the conclusion that we must end our relationship with him.>”

Daegon arched an eyebrow at his partner as he keyed in a landing sequence and angled the deflector shields for reentry. “Look, I know you ain’t exactly on speaking terms with the guy–”

“<He is a snake from a race of snakes,>” Mal snarled. “<Trandoshans have enslaved my people for thousands of years. They have long since proven that they cannot be trusted.>”

Daegon held up his hands as the Raptor guided itself in for a landing at the rendezvous point. “Whoa, hold on a minute. Nobody said we were trusting Flax with anything. He gives us a job, we do it, and we get paid for our troubles. It’s not like there’s a whole lot of room for betrayal in a finite amount of contact like that.”

“<Still,>” Mal growled as he tapped the control panel in front of him, taking over control of the helm as they descended. “<I do not believe it is wise to associate ourselves with him. If he were to learn of the bounty on your head, I do not doubt for a second he would turn on us.>”

Daegon snorted and propped his boots up on the control panel, crossing his arms over his duster. “Right. Turn us in for the what, eight-thousand credit bounty, and lose his best runner in the process? Yep, I can see why you’re worried. We definitely need to keep an eye on him.”

Mal hesitated before replying. “<Captain…how long as it been since you have accessed the HoloNet?>”

Daegon glanced over at the Wookiee, his sarcastic barrier dropping as he heard the worry in his copilot’s voice. “Why?”

Mal tapped one of the displays jury-rigged onto the cockpit wall, and a holographic poster of Daegon’s profile appeared. “<I pulled this from the HoloNet two weeks ago,>” he said ominously. “<The bounty on you and your sister has now reached fifteen thousand credits apiece.>”

Daegon sat up straight in his chair, the pit his stomach turning cold as he eyed the image. “That’s gotta be a mistake…all Amy did was steal a few parts! And all I did was get her off Nar Shaddaa! Why in the hell are they shellin’ out thirty kay for that?”

Mal tapped another control as the Raptor reached atmo and began skimming over the Dune Sea, heading towards the craggy mountains that made up the Jundland Wastes in the distance. Finally, he said “<‘Wanted for the theft, destruction, and murder of Desilijic property, goods, and employees.’>”

Daegon started massaging his brow with one hand as it hit him. Slugger. Grudo had to be chewing bolts over the loss of his majordomo’s droids and his favorite carrier, not to mention to time the bastard had probably spent in a correctional facility before Grudo’s men had hauled him out. Add that to the ships Daegon had destroyed in his escape–in his and Amara’s escape, he corrected–from Nar Shaddaa, and the Hutt wouldn’t have a hard time upping the bid for the Selanno siblings’ heads on a durasteel platter.

Mal watched him patiently as he stared out the viewport, watching the Wastes growing larger with each passing second. “We go in,” he said, his voice firm. “turn over the cargo, get paid…” He leaned back and sighed. “…and get out. Burn our skyarches behind us. We can find another employer on the fringe easy enough, and with what we’ve earned so far plus what we’ll get for the cargo we’re delivering now we should have enough for fuel and food until I can line us up another contact.” He swiveled the pilot’s seat towards the rear of the cockpit and stood, reaching for his gunbelt. “We gotta keep flying somehow,” he murmured as he strapped on his slugthrower’s holster.

Looking for Work First Previous Next Latest

Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, September 08th 2010 07:59pm    Post subject:

Daegon grunted as he and Kaor set the red and white crate on the back of the flat-top speeder in the cargo bay. Mal added another box beside theirs, checking the seal to make sure it was still intact. “<The cargo is secure, Captain,>” he reported. Daegon flicked a finger against the edge of the plasteel container and nodded before moving to the driver’s side of the speeder. “Lash it on and drop the ramp, then saddle up.” While Kaor and Mal secured the crates to the back of the speeder with cargo netting, Daegon pulled up a map on the speeder’s navicomputer. The clearing they’d found had just barely been large enough for the Raptor to set down in, with a single narrow path leading out and into the more open canyons of the Wastes. Still, the speeder should be able to fit. He quickly memorized the route to Flax’ rendezvous point before shutting the display and starting up the speeder.

The repulsorlifts hummed to life, lifting the craft a dozen centimeters off the ground. Mal and Kaor grabbed their respective weapons and hitched onto the back of the speeder. The cargo lift rumbled and began lowering ponderously. Almost before it had clanged against the rocky ground, Daegon revved the engine and accelerated away, tapping his comlink to close and seal the Raptor as he slotted their speeder into the constricting passage that lead into the Wastes. His left hand rested casually on the top of the speeder’s control yoke…while the other rode on the butt of his holstered slugthrower.

One last job, he told himself. What could go wrong?

Looking For Work First Previous Next Latest

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Modified Ghtroc-720 Light Freighter - "Star Raptor"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: