Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Extrictarium Nebula, Iego
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Extrictarium Nebula, Iego
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, October 19th 2009 02:36am    Post subject:

The angel was comforting, but the silence remained nearly as long as the journey, voices emerging only on the clarification of directions and brief radio contact with the other team. Lucas was trapped in his own daydreams, the dream he had experienced several hours earlier, reminded him just how much he had missed his siblings, specifically Bella. Damian was an independent soul, enjoying life away from the trio bond they had shared, but Lucas longed for his companionship as well.

Being apart of the New Jedi Order was an interesting development into their family, their mother constantly in contact, despite the galactic diversity each of them experienced. Bella would be chasing a thug into the far stretches of Hutt space, Damian negotiating a trade deal on Bespin, while Lucas attempted contact with the Chiss Ascendancy. Together, they would constantly remind her, that it was her decision, to put them through the Jedi educational system.

The plains of Iego were beautiful during the day, despite the desolate vibrations that echoed from the Force. Sensations were different, Force disturbances more frequent with the demons and angels. Jonas had survived a year, without the Force, yet it seemed so helpless in their first few days...

"Lucas, Neo, this is Jonas. In about a minute and thirty seconds, you should see a skiff approaching from the west...It's Lunna, and she'll take you the rest of the way."

"Acknowledged, safe travels, Lucas out." Lucas slipped back into the day thoughtstream, but stirred as a metallic dot emerged in the distance. The Imperials murmured amongst each other, probably somesort of 'Plan B', if it was trap.

It crossed the distance with ease, within the minute, it was stopped before them. Lunna looked twelve, the odd human girl emerging from the pilot controls to greet them. "Ahoy!" The group remained quiet, as they boarded and took various positions across the skiff. It was well suited, in fact, looked extremely expensive.

"It was found completely intact," Lunna explained to the expression across their faces, "A cargo ship filled with Loo Loo Beans, and this," slapping her hand across the skiff, "I was more excited about the Loo Loo Beans, at the time."

Lucas held his hand to the Imperials, suggesting they remain quiet, "I see, how long have you been on the planet?" Her eyes narrowed slightly at the question, as she danced around the answer, "Long enough to mature beyond my own appearance, thank you very much." It was enough to stow away any kind of questions, afterall, Lucas just wanted to fix the ship, and get the hell off the planet.

"Great, I'm Lucas, this is our guide, Firi, Master Sergeant Neo Sarkk, and the rest belong to his ship..." Lucas dragged off, obviously indicating they were Imperials, before Lunna tugged on the accelerator.

"Jonas told me about you, and I'm glad the Imperials are no longer the bad guys, from what I've heard, they were awful." She hummed a melody he couldn't place, before a vision popped into mind. Before it appeared across the horizon, the Scatterlands emerged....

They were close....
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, October 19th 2009 04:13am    Post subject:

Tseneca was quiet, and kept to herself most of the journey. The land was easy to transverse, making their escape from the Maelibi possible from the previous night, but it was also an open to any kind of demon rush. Jonas felt odd and slow, without the ease and agility of his speeder bike. He had just informed the other team that Lunna was in range with the skiff, and judging by the schematics displayed on the communication compiler, they would arrive just minutes after their own.

"That's it?" Jonas questioned, a little surprised at the ship's physique. "She's a beauty, despite the scars from the wreck..." The two Imperials rose their blasters, and left to secure the inside. Moments later, they reappeared, suggesting all was well. Now for the dirty work.

"You know the ship better than I do, but I'm pretty good at mechanical work, should you point me to what is a necessary fix, and a luxury..."
 Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, October 19th 2009 04:25am    Post subject:

Selanno had perched their vessel in a delicate position, teetering across the canyons, in an effective way to eliminate the demon threat. The aftermath of the crash, the skirmish with Vera Nico, and then the horde of demons, left the crew with zero energy. Their bodies were drained from any rest, most collapsing at their stations. Physical parameters unable to maintain the energy output required to stay awake.

Coral shook from the nightmare, the planet's native species haunting her thoughts, as she breathed the fresh morning air. Selanno and Ordo had been awake, but judging by their mobility, not for very long. Just hours prior, a friend and member of the crew, had been viciously snatched from their grasp. With weapons and crew efficiency at an ultimate low, they were forced to retreat.

"The wookiee was relatively unharmed, suggesting a ritual, or sacrifice was required prior to digestion." Coral suddenly invoked, "Only two of the moons were full, tomorrow, on the otherhand, might be Malbacca's last chance of survival..." She had encountered multiple cultural phenomenon (by database), on the digestion protocol of demonized hordes. Barbaric rituals, usually by right of their gods, would they digest a rare meal, such as the wookiee.

Coral took one of the systems, before accessing the ship's now limited sensor range, "Captain...Selanno.... I'm picking up a huge reading, possibly one of the other ships." It wasn't the Khan....
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, October 19th 2009 04:34am    Post subject:

The sun was slow to set over their hemisphere, the moon reflections disappearing against the morning sky, replacing the scene with beautiful terrain. Vera had finished secondary repairs to the Khan, the help of the barabels and Cade had seen through the best portion of the night. One of her lizard friends, however, had been badly injured, and was out of the fight for the duration of the trip. For now, he was limited to computer repairs.

The droid starfighters had landed, supplying them with parts and pieces, significantly, a new hyperdrive. It was designed to be compatible to the firespray line, and the astrodroids that followed, improved the interlink by several fold.

"Cade, I need to program basic principles into my navigation controls with the sensor readings collected during our descent... the droids are still rewiring and tweaking the hyperdrive... if you require rest, now is the time. I think most of our energy should be saved for hours of darkness... at dusk, we'll scout the outlying parts of this region, set a few traps and survelliance scopes... there will be no more surprises." She paused, deciding to ask him for his own opinion, "Thoughts?"
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 19th 2009 02:52pm    Post subject:

Tseneca looked at her ship as they came over the last ridge. Goddamn. The Leaper looked terrible. She felt a sinking feeling as Jonas offered to help fix it. She had nothing against the kid, she just didn’t know him, couldn’t trust him yet, and with two Imp Commandos flanking them as they walked, she hadn’t felt much like talking. She gave Jonas the benefit of the doubt.

“I’ll need to take a look, but I’m sure I’ll be able to use your help.” She started trecking toward the ship and Jonas followed. “I have and AI system, SAMM, once I get him online, he should be able to tell us whats what.

Prying open the automatic hatch was a whole other story. It took all of them to get it, and by the time they stepped into the cool darkness of Blight Leaper. Looking around for a split second at the still emptiness of her ship, Tseneca made a bee-line for the central circuit room. Jonas followed her, presumably with nothing else to do. The commandos remained outside the ship, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Reaching the circuit hatch she systematically removed the cover and began pulling wires, reaching for the breaker and emergency systems. She stripped the end of one of the wires with her thumbnail and re-routed it to the main board, successfully hotwiring secondary controls.

“Son of a bitch” She muttered as the lights came on, then flickered out and died completely. Then, as she reached up to re-route it again, the ships systems came on full.

“Oh.” She said surprised, then called out. “SAMM?”

Right here, Tseneca. That was quite a ride.

Tseneca gave a sigh of relief, suddenly not feeling so alone.

“Glad your okay buddy.” She said, smiling a little. “I’m gonna have to put you to work now though. We need to run an emergency diagnostic of repairs needed, and what we need to get the Leaper up in atmo again.”

Already started. You may want to start in the engines room, I’ll patch myself through down there so you can get an idea of where to start

Tseneca beckoned Jonas to follow, and they slid down the service trunk to the cramped engine room. The place was in utter disarray. Tseneca looked at it, smoking and strewn with parts, then looked at Jonas. “Looks like we got a lot of work to do."
 Back to top »
Firi'Taknik
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 19th 2009 03:06pm    Post subject:

The band approached the scatter, Firi looking upwards, ever wary of the fact that they were fully visible to anyone in the sky. The longer they were out in the open, the more danger they were in.

A skiff came at them from the north, carrying a human woman. Lucas greeted her kindly. She was a cliff dweller, by the look of it, one who’d either been born planet-side or had been on Iego a very long time. The planet did things to these humans, she wasn’t certain what… but it was along the lines of dreaminess and dementia. They lost themselves.

They climbed on the back of the skiff, hitching a ride for the scatter. The woman hummed to herself the whole time. She turned to Neo, deciding she’d been quiet long enough.

“We may not be able to find what you need.” She said, raising her voice over the wind and dust whipping past the vehicle. “I can help you try to get off planet as best I can, but many have just had to acclimate to living here. I don’t want to give you false hope.”

She looked upward again, scanning the open sky for her people. There was no telling what she could do if they attacked. She didn’t have any defense against them. She caught Lucas’s gaze. “Every second we are out here, we risk being spotted by Diathim. We need to be ready.”
The skiff came to a stop at the corner of the wastes.

“We’ll here we are.” Luuna trilled happily. “Let’s get crackin!”
 Back to top »
Aaron Church
Lazer

Post Posted: Mon, October 19th 2009 06:00pm    Post subject:

Aaron hated feeling useless. He thought that he might be able to find something here, but once again it seemed he was ending up as more of a burden. He sighed and leaned against the side of the ship. The contrast of the ship's cold hull from the warm air temporarily distracted him, and he closed his eyes. The flicker of the ship's lights brought him out of it, and he peered into the open airlock.

The ship's contents were thrown about, but he was amazed how little structural damage it had taken.
"Looks like we might be getting off the ground after all." He said over his shoulder to Tranda before returning to his post at the door.

Well, here's something you can't do...

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, October 20th 2009 03:25pm    Post subject:

The inside was cool, the night's air still coursing throughout the ship, but despite low temperatures, sweat dripped from his brow as he lifted two hundred pounds of engine parts. It was banged up pretty bad, and judging by Tseneca's face, she knew it as well.

We would need a wide range of unique parts, perhaps too many, to fulfill this engine's needs. The backup hyperdrive is operational, however, requires three replacement cooler belts. I prefer Corellian.

Jonas wiped his forehead, "What else?"

A hull massage would be great, perhaps an ion particle bath.

Tseneca smiled, as the computer answered the second time, One of the horizontal boosters was fractured during the crash. A patch will hold us until a yard repair. I'm afraid that the hyperdrive's regulator has also been ruptured, making entrance and exiting hyperspace impossible. A Class One, Two, Three, Six or Nine will be needed.

Jonas decided to ask the next logical question, "What else needs to be repaired?"

I've downloaded the report into the viewscreen to your right.

Jonas took a look and he was taken back.

- [13] Hull Fragments, Across the Aft and Bottom Portion
- [12] Power Couplings, Shipwide
- [10] Power Nodes, Shipwide
- [1] Horizontal Booster, Hyperdrive
- [3] Cooler Belts, Hyperdrive

Reprogram:

- Navigational Control with Data Collected during the Descent

- Transpacitor, preventing the ship from overheating and exploding during transit

- Statis fields to Backup Hyperdrive, manual input required

Jonas took the communicator, disappearing from the engine room to relay the required materials and parts. Lucas acknowledged, and he could tell, that they were going to be looking for a needle in a haystack for some of these parts. Jonas contacted a pair of friends at Cliffhold, they were going to need all the help they could get.

"Tseneca, I've invited some mechanics from Cliffhold to take a look at your ship," Jonas said in front of one of the Imperials, Tranada, "They're good people, they'll be able to do the hull repairs a lot faster, and with a lot more technical knowledge than anyone here. They're old, but they can get the job done." Old wasn't saying it properly, they had the bodies of ninety-year old men, but exhibited the energy of a teenager. Iego.

"If you would like to do it yourself, however, I can have them wait..." Jonas tossed the option out there, not wanting to intrude too much.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, October 20th 2009 03:48pm    Post subject:

"Lucas Pallanén-Davad," he gave his full name to the girl, as they searched through a rummage of an old Republic cruiser. The interior was ghastly familiar, the Force providing a flash of memories from the crew of the Old Clone Wars. It was eerie to watch them crash into the planet, equally lovewashed by the angels and their songs. Thousands of people were overrun by ghoulish creatures, demonic beings that snatched them from right out of their stations.

"Lunna Olgbeck," she stated confidently, "Strange, isn't it? This vessel crashed nearly half a century ago, yet I remember it like it was yesterday."

Lucas stopped, and so did the flash visions, "You were...aboard this?"

"Yes, I was only a kid." she said, rather matter-of-factly. "We had engaged the Confederacy over Korriban, when our ship made a blind jump into hyperspace. We managed to pull out in time, and that's when the angels sang to us. Such beautiful creatures..." Lucas nodded, listening intently as they looked for a statis field generator, "The demons were next, I hid in one of the air duct compartments,"

She must've been a daughter of a senator, or some significance to be on the vessel at all, during an engagement. Or was she a- "I am not a Jedi," she must've read his expression, but he allowed the thought to lasp. "Lucas, is the galaxy at peace?"

"Mostly, some skirmishes here and there with other governments, but since the treaty, things have been really...great."

"That's good. When we crashed here, the galaxy was torn into pieces, and it looked as though there was no end..." Lunna nearly tripped across several trooper helmets. "In there..." Lunna stopped at the doorway, but hesistated from entry. Lucas opened his hand, insisting that she stay at his side. "I saw terrible things take place in this room,"

Lucas had wished the Force would've shown him, but the look on her face, was ultimate fear. "All right, why don't you wait right here." He moved her just inside of the doorway. Lucas stepped over several empty ancient trooper suits, and a shredded cloth that matched the uniform of a command officer. The statis field generator was large enough to maintain the hyperspace shield over the starboard portion of the Republic cruiser, but if modulated just right, it would shield the entire Blight Leaper.

Lucas fetched somekind of beacon from inside his pocket, before attaching it to the large device. It was too heavy, and intricately connected, for him to remove now, but they would return later. "Lucas," her high pitched whine, and sudden surge in the room, suggested something was out there. She squirmed behind him, and into the open air duct. Her eyes poured over him, the sense of fear overcoming her, believing she was about to watch another horrific demise.

With a flick of his wrist, a surge of the Force, and a bit of luck, his lightsaber beheaded the demon. Its body twitched oddly, before falling silent. "Come on, let's get out of here." Lucas said, clutching the girl's hand...
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, October 20th 2009 06:56pm    Post subject:

The junk yard was far too quiet for Neo's tastes. The sun was stretching up into the sky, casting a purple-yellow glow into the atmosphere and scattering the shadows throughout the junk piles. Every now and then, a piece of scrap would shift, or a rodent would dislodge a piece of one of the piles, and the entire squad would whirl and train their weapons on the disturbance before realizing what it was. In the still morning air, all noises traveled for miles. Not that there was much noise to travel. There was no background flora beating a cacophany of sounds like a heartbeat. Iego was a dead world.

As they patrolled around the cruiser, keeping their eyes peeled, Neo reminisced about the war. Just over ten years ago, he'd been fighting Republic forces on Jabiim nonstop in the rain, mud, and dirt. Now, a decade of his life later, he was working side by side with a Jedi to escape this miserable hellhole. The galaxy had a sense of humor-

Something shifted behind a junk pile to Neo's left, and it wasn't another rodent.

Neo dropped to one knee and raised his rifle in a heartbeat, giving Lance a clear line of fire over his head. Keran shouldered his rifle and pumped a grenade into the underslung launcher they'd managed to salvage from their gunship. As one, they tracked a lone flux capacitor as it slid lazily down the slope of the pile, starting a small avalanche. Neo heard gravel crunch from beyond the tangle of parts, but flipping through his visor modes yielded nothing. Infrared, EM filters, Biosensors...nothing. There were simply too many things in the way to get a clear reading.

Neo chinned his comm switch and opened a channel to the jedi. "Contact. Get out here."

Expand
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 20th 2009 11:13pm    Post subject:

The backup hyperdrive is operational, however, requires three replacement cooler belts. I prefer Corellian.

Tseneca smirked "And how will you take your Thyferren gin? You are in no position to make demands..." However exhausted she was, she was happy her friend was back. ironically, SAMM made her feel human again.

She was below, in a cramped service corridor bellow the engine floor. She could hear SAMM running off a list of parts he'd need, and repairs, to Jonas; the latter seeming positively irritated.

She liked the kid. He was kind, and had his wits about him. It seemed hilarious to her that after such a solitary life, she was now picking up new friends; no choice of her own it just kept happening. Why they were consistently younger males she wasn't quite sure.

Jonas poked his head in. One of the Imperials was hovering over his shoulder. She resisted the urge to tell him to get the hell off her ship. "Tseneca, I've invited some mechanics from Cliffhold to take a look at your ship. They're good people, they'll be able to do the hull repairs a lot faster, and with a lot more technical knowledge than anyone here. They're old, but they can get the job done. If you would like to do it yourself, however, I can have them wait..."

The thought of strangers touching her ship made Tseneca cringe. But they were in trouble here, and Jonas was doing her a kindness that she would be just plain stupid to deny. She wondered half-heartedly, though, what he was going to want in return for these favors.

"No, its fine. We need the help." She reached out, grabbing a multi-tool. "Hey, catch" Jonas retrieved the tool with agility. "I need you to check out those cooler belts there" she pointed to the space to her right. "Thats the access to the hyperdrive unit"

Jonas climbed down and crouched in the corner just below her knee. The space was tight, but it would have to do.

"So," she grunted, heaving the stabilizer she was working on into place. "Tell me about yourself Jonas."
 Back to top »
Aquar
Practice14

Post Posted: Tue, October 20th 2009 11:24pm    Post subject:

The shudders of those overhead shatter the silence around me. I can sense Maelibus. On my territory. I squint my eyes against the dark, listening with not just my ears but my mind, struggling to comprehend what may be happening in the light above.

I hear the echoes of their cries, feel their bodies breaking, coming apart. I smell the stale stench of their failure.

There are humans above. They move about the graves of ships, the remains of their fallen brethren. I'd killed many here before. Today, I will feast.

I work my way upward, dragging my talons against the wet rock, sharpening them for my purposes. Saliva coats my teeth, and I feel the plates on my back rise as adrenaline pumps through my body.

As I reach the surface of a tunnel I formed leading into the hanger of a dead ship, I lower the first set of lids over my eyes, to block out the harsh light. I see, no, feel the lithe form of a female, standing gaurdless against this passage. Her back is to me, her light hair glints against the sunlight and I see she is nervously playing with one of her appendages.

I let out a screech, hackles up, and strike.
 Back to top »
Firi'Taknik
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, October 20th 2009 11:32pm    Post subject:

Firi watched the others pick at the parts. She felt as useless as ever, continually looking towards the sky for signs of the Sautu. There were none. In fact, it was quiet.

She could see Lucas pulling parts out of a cruiser not far away, and Neo was pacing the grounds over a few of the wrecked hulks. He seemed edgy as well.

Suddenly she heard cries, and streams of energy rang out in the silence. Two demons had appeared from the shadows, forcing both lucas and Neo into action. The two men made quick work of the trespassers and all was silent again. Firi, pulled at her wing nervously as silence repossessed the shipyard. They had to get out of there. They had to--

There was a shriek, the blood boiling banshee cry of ominous death. Firi's leg slipped out from under her and she felt a terrible pain. She cried out as she fell, her mind reeling as the sound excaped her lips. She saw Neo coming toward her at a run as she was pulled into the dark, then something heavy and sharp met her temple and she fell deeper into oblivion.
 Back to top »
Aquar
Practice14

Post Posted: Tue, October 20th 2009 11:52pm    Post subject:

Another, bigger human, this one male, came at me with a blade. Climbing onto my back and making me drop the little one. I let out a roar as he struck the soft skin below my plates and pain shot through my shoulder blades. We struggled for a moment, the human piercing me over and over. He was not hitting anything important, and I was still stronger than him. I reached around, and pulled him off of me, slamming him hard against the cold steel of the ships doors. Then I grabbed the female and fled.

I pulled the little one further into the cave, smashing her head against a rock to quiet the noise she was emitting. Then, picking up her limp form, slung her onto my back.

As I reached the darkest corner, the one where I lived, I set her down against the farthest wall. She bled from the head, and her leg, the one I had bit into, had twisted at an odd angle. All of this, and the one thing that struck me as I watched the tiny creature was this: She is not human.

Two papery wings, now smashed up against the wall, jutted out the top of her back. The glow, now dimmed in the state of her unconsciousness, remained opalescent against he pale flawlessness of her face. Her fingers and hands, scraped and bruised, were elongated, like mine.

Diathim, She was Diathim.

I reared back in horror. Then, before I could contain it, the visions hit in full. I became enveloped in the image of a thatched hovel, the warmth of a cookstove. I saw the glow of orbs, the quiet piece of the plains as the sun set. I saw the Angels, swooping and reeling about in the sky, the flames as starships fell to the planet. Lastly, I saw this Angel, eyes bright, smile at I knew not what… the kindness in her eyes unwarranted. I pushed myself to the back of the cave, across from this broken being I now gazed upon. I held my head and brought my head down hard against the rock, struggling to shake the visions away, trying to exorcise them. Again it was happening…

I rose, allowing my anger to close in on me. Raising my fore-talon, I drew a line from the long pale space of her neck to the lower part of her abdomen, readying myself to begin the cut. There were ways of doing this, proper ways when the pray was still alive. I retraced the path twice, and on the final pass, applied pressure.

I stopped, shuddering as more visions flooded my brain. Feelings now, the blue eyes of the Angel, feelings of need, lonliness, terror. Love.

I cried out, pulling away and watched the pinprick of blood I’d sprung loose from the top of her neck run a little onto the base of her collarbone and then stop above her breasts. I stepped forward again, more determined, and then felt waves of the ultimate devastation, the ultimate failure and perplexity drive me to kneel and press my forehead to the cold floor of the cave.

Compassion.
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, October 20th 2009 11:53pm    Post subject:

Neo saw the clawed hand grab Firi by the ankle and shouted a warning. The angel screamed melodiously as she was dragged back into the demon's hole, and for a terrible moment Neo remembered Ellis screaming as the creatures took her. He shook the memory away and raised his rifle, looking for a clear shot, but there was none. If he fired, he would kill Firi and probably just annoy the demon. "Cover me!" he shouted to no one in particular. Before anyone could object, Neo tossed aside his blaster and leapt onto the demon's back, grappling it at close range like a Corellian bull rider. It roared in surprise and released Firi, flailing its arms in an attempt to dislodge him, but his fingers were dug deep into the plates on its back.

Neo considered drawing his sidearm, but recalled the difficulty they'd had killing the creatures with blasters and unsheathed his vibroknife instead. The demon saw the glint of the blade and shrieked, slamming its back against a pile of droid parts and burying him inside of it. But when it stood upright, Neo was still clinging to it with one hand. In the other was his knife.

Neo wrapped his free arm around the creature's neck, below its jaw, and pulled its head to the side, exposing a small area of soft tissue between its shoulder blades. Without hesitation, he rammed the combat knife up to the hilt into the creature's back, praying that he'd hit something vital.

The demon roared and flailed even harder, but Neo refused to be dislodged. He stabbed the creature's exposed flesh again and again, but there were no vital organs or arteries for him to hit in that spot. Finally, the creature managed to hook a claw around his armored boot and dragged him off its back, hurling him into another junk pile. Neo caught a glimpse of dark purple blood dripping from its back before his helmet hit something hard and he blacked out.

Neo is now half-buried in a pile of used hyperspace motivators, droid parts, and unwanted Apple computers. :P

Expand
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 03:39am    Post subject:

It had all happened so fast, before the action was over. Lucas had shielded the child from the second demon, it's body laying limp several feet away, as he bolted towards Firi and Neo. The worst sound he ever heard in his life, was the painful shriek, not from the demon, but from the angel. Every fiber in his being mustered adrenaline, strength, and ferocity towards the demon. He wanted to tear, clash, and beat the creature to death... to rescue the angel, the perfect beauty.

Neo must've received the same biological call, a vibroknife gleamed against the sunlight, before they wrestled. It ended with Sarkk flying across the field, and into a pile of jagged parts. Lucas, still driven by the angel's anguish, raced after her aggressor. Emotion flushed his face, his heart beating with thick, painstaking rage to stop him. Lucas had reached the cave's perimeter, when something called him from a distance, Lucas!

Anakin Solo, despite the galactic distance between the two, had called upon him. Sensing the omnipresence of his Jedi Master, Lucas recalled, but only slightly. "Lucas, control your emotions! Where are you?!" The thick emotions subsided, the calm serenity of his master washed away his voice. The sudden surge of anger, must've sent out a beacon in the Force, and the attuned connection he shared with Anakin, must've provided a clear connection between them.

Lucas rushed to the position where Neo had been buried, using the Force to toss pieces from left to right, as his Imperial companions lifted and heaved parts aside. "Sarge!" Lucas called, finally seeing the frail body, that remarkably, looked as though he'd live. "Lunna, communicate to Jonas, tell him we need medical supplies, and that the angel has just been abducted. If you have any more friends, we could use them right about now!"
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 03:51am    Post subject:

Jonas eased between Tseneca's legs, the vibration difficult to control, before it exploded all over her. "Shit, sorry." Jonas muttered, grabbing a nearby towel, and handed it to her. The hyperdrive just spat a nasty volley of oil, and it didn't help that their awkward position, made it drip all over them, while still attempting to fix the problem. He pulled the wrench with all his might, and it sealed. The replacement engine was in place, that was one thing off their list. Now just the various kinds of converters...

"I was born on Nar Shadda," they were wiping the oil from their bodies, as one of the Imperials entered to understand the sudden commotion... moments later, he returned to his station, with a smirk mixed with amusement and annoyance. "Left home when I was kid, decided space life would be a lot better than my folks..." The look on her face, caused him to jump to his next point, "I wouldn't call myself a runaway or an orphan, just grew up a lot faster than other kids, is all. "

Together, they pulled one of the spare nodes into place, which then brought the engine's diagnostic scanners into alignment with SAMM. From there, it could take over and make whatever automatic adjustments were possible. "Worked aboard the Dusty Moon, uh, for a long time... the captain was like a father to me, but he died on Ryloth. A year later, I was stranded here."

The dark and depressing episode that was his entire life, could easily drown or darken his spirit, but across the years, he had learned to accept it for what it was. "What about you?" Lunna started to say something on the comm, but he turned the volume down to let her speak.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 11:36am    Post subject:

The oil would not come off easily. Despite of the situation, Tseneca couldn't help but chuckle. Oh well. She listented to Jonas tell about himself, wondering at how easily he'd separated himself from his family. She couldn't imagine just leaving like that; but then again, she'd barely grown up before they were taken from her.

"My family were bacta merchants on Thyferra." She said. "Pretty well off, as well." The understatement of the century, her father was a Bacta Tycoon and her mother was a Senator. "They died during Ysane Issard's invasion, killed by her men." She lowered her voice, wondering, after all these years, why she was telling the boy this. It just kind of poured out. Iego she thought. "I joined the Imperial academy, and then, on a scouting mission above Corulag, the fleet abandoned me." She shivered at the memory. [i]Emmett abandoned me[/i] she felt a familiar ache in her chest, then continued the process of hooking cables into the Leaper's defense shields.

Jona's comm blipped again. "Don't you think you should answer that?" She said, happy to change the subject.
 Back to top »
Firi'Taknik
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 12:19pm    Post subject:

Firi came to in darkness. In the soft glow she knew came from her, looked around, trying to figure out where she was. Her body felt as if it had been crushed and she grew dizzy as she tried to lift her head up from the hard-cut stone beneath her. She opened her mouth to try to speak, but had only a few names to call out. Neo… Lucas… nothing escaped her dry, crusted lips. She started to hum, releasing her human containment of dopamine and taking the edges of the pain away. Slowly she raised a hand to her head, her face and her neck. It came away sticky. Blood. Fear crept in and she tried desperately not to panic, humming more to release the neurochemicals that would fight this off.

Slowly this time, excrutiatingly but bearable, she sat up. She felt the woosy feeling come over her and slid back, resting her back against the wall. She looked around the now cave, using the light she herself was providing. Her ankle throbbed. She must had twisted it. She tried to remember what had happened.

A dark shadow in the corner, a veritable lump of something reminded her. Demons. Her breath caught in her throat. The Mealibus raised his head, eyes glinting in the soft light. She pressed herself against the wall of the cave. I have to run, She thought. But as she pushed herself up struggling to her feet her bad ankle gave out beneath her with a sickening pop. The figure stood, Its terrible body towering over her and rising almost the full height of the cave. It would kill her, she had to move. She pulled herself along, using her arms and wings as leverage as she crawled along the ground. It was useless, the creature was swift. It took her by her thin wrist and lifted her up, to eye level, Its deeply socketed eyes stared at her.
Tears slid down her face, as she prepared to die.

Then a sudden voiceless image flooded into her brain. It was the depiction of herself, lying in the dark, a claw trailing a line down her mid-section. Then the haulting of breath and the inner turmoil of failure. She heard, felt, the soft breathy voice of the Demon.

If I could kill you, don’t you think I would have done it already?

Surprise overtook her. He set her down and she cowered back.Could kill her? What was stopping him? She said, softly and in her native tongue, “Maelibus ni al takfik naiqar” Demons prefer their meals live.

The monster knelt down looking at her straight-forwardly; Its limbs trailed the ground in front of him.

An Angel that does not fly does not present much of a challenge

Practice and I agreed to speak as each other's characters to make this go faster. we are already sitting around posting to each other, so this will be better.
 Back to top »
Aquar
Practice14

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 12:49pm    Post subject:

I knelt before the Angel, enraged at myself for sparing her. It was what had gotten me ostracized from my clan in the first place. That human on the cliffs, I had cowered as a pre-adult before my people and could not do away with him . It was unforgivable. Now it was happening again. But this time with this little one. She would not have tasted good anyway, thought I. Diathim were gamey, and their wings, dry and tasteless.

“But why?” She asked me, speaking one of the Iego dialects I was familiar with. My vocal chords could not utter anything she could comprehend. I communicated with her through a series of images and thought-speak. At this time, my injuries given to me by the other humans had depleted a majority of my strength. I used my long knuckles to steady myself, wondering how much fluid I’d lost.

Why I do not eat you? I shook my head, why did I have to explain my weakness. Why were we speaking to each other in the first place? She looked at me as she huddled against the wall, frigid blue eyes gazing up at me from beneath her light hair. I shivered slightly, feeling dizzy. The injuries, it must be.

I could not answer her question. I did her a favor and conveyed to her a vision of herself, crumpled on the ground, and replicated the feelings of helplessness I’d endured while struggling to disembowel her. Lastly I relayed the treads of failure and disappointment.

Her eyes widened and It seemed she understood. She looked away, as if contemplating the situation, then looked back. “Thank You.” She whispered.

Moments of silence past, I crouching before her, and she sitting there. Without warning, she reached up, the tips of her fingers brushing the side of my head. I hissed and pulled back, snapping my jaws at her. The touch felt like fire, barreling through my nerves.

You dare... I started, rage boiling through my blood.

“You’re hurt.” She shrunk back against the wall, suddenly afraid. “I can… help.”

The thought of the Angel touching me again made bile rise up into my throat. I bared my fangs at her, warning her to back off. She sat very still and looked at me as I ground my jowls in apprehension. Then suddenly, she began to hum almost inaudibly. I flared my nostrils, feeling suddenly calm. The constant flow of images stopped. The solitary picture of the sky, the plains, the suns… a cookstove and a rocking chair… they desipated with the sudden peace that encroached upon my body. I heard a tearing noise, and looked up as the Diathim crept forward and pressed a cool rag to the gash in the side of my head. Her tiny fingers felt like sparks of light against my plates as they ran over the gashes and deep wounds below my armor.

“I can help.” she said again.
 Back to top »
Jallorn
Jallorn

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 07:49pm    Post subject:

"Well, I think it might be possible, after a good deal of reconstruction, to allow your droids to dock with your ship, and even connect with your ships computer. With the right placement, they could either be well hidden, or operate as additional weapons that could then detach." Jallorn shrugs, "I dunno though, it could be rather pricey."
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 08:03pm    Post subject:

The Star Raptor swooped low over the horizon on its repulsorlifts, flying as fast as Daegon dared. With the canopy smashed, the wind was roaring in his face, and he was forced to wear a pair of swoop goggles just to avoid being blinded by it. They'd been circling the area all night, landing and trying to raise Malbacca on the comlink (At Daegon's insistance) at periodic intervals before conceeding defeat and heading in the direction of the closest settlement, a small shantytown dozens of kilometers distant from their original crash site.

Daegon was still torn by Mal's capture. Even though the big Wook had only been on the ship for a few days, the two were still close, ever since Daegon had rescued Mal from Zaeron's slavers in Nar Shaddaa's Undercity. Every kilometer they flew from the crash site, Daegon's conscience grew heavier and heavier. He kept telling himself that he couldn't have done anything, couldn't have known that Mal had been taken. Hell, he'd been a micrometer from turning the ship around and setting back down then and there, swarming beasts from hell be damned! Still, if not for Cee, they'd all be snacks for those...monsters, and Mal along with them.

He was so caught up in his grief and torn loyalties that he almost didn't notice the flicker of light glinting off of something metallic to port. He squinted, mentally cursing the scratches and dings on the goggles' lenses, and directed a scan in that direction. The computer whirred for a moment, then displayed a familiar lozenge-shaped outline half-buried in the sand on a tall cliff.

It was a ship!

Daegon swung the Raptor's bow in the direction of the wreck and tapped the comlink taped to his cheek. "I've got something!" he yelled, struggling to be heard over the roar of the wind. "Looks like a ship! It's not Nico's!" As they drew closer, his eyes widened with realization. "It's the frigate Nico was attacking! It must've gone down before us! I'm taking us in for a closer look!"

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 10:50pm    Post subject:

Jonas listened to her own tale, and by the sounds of it, Lucas and Tseneca were a couple of well-off party-goers. Jonas turned the volume up on the communicator, Lunna's voice blaring over the channel. "Mayday," he paused momentarily, his eyes meeting Tseneca, "We have casualties, Jonas, are you hearing this? I don't think he is-"

Lucas muttered something in the background, before Jonas spoke into the device, "Lunna, we're here-"

SAMM interrupted, "We may have a problem of our own. I'm detecting an object coming towards us, sensors are unable to make out what. It could be Nico, I believe I can activate one of the cannons..." Jonas wondered what in the blazes would an enemy ship be doing on this planet, but then again, none of them had really explained what the hell happened up there. And to think about it, it couldn't be a coincidence that four ships crashed on the same night.

"Frak," Jonas let out, his voice increasing as the Imperials strode inside, "We have an incoming vessel, and the Scatterland team is down." He spoke into the mic, "You get that Lunna, we might be under attack here! Radio silence, we don't want them to trace the signal. Jonas out."

He looked at Tseneca, and held his breath.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 11:03pm    Post subject:

Under attack? Lucas breathed it in, attempting to feel the presence, feel Tseneca, or Jonas, but it just wasn't happening. He was still recovering from the sudden burst of Force-adrenaline, and placing emphasis on establishing contact with Anakin. His mind was in too many places, and he was unable to get a hold of himself.

"Lunna, we need to scramble the frequency, and recheck it in five minutes." one of the Imperial officer stated, deciding their priority was to move out. He was right, if they stayed here, they were ripe for the picking. "Let's move the Master Sergeant to the skiff, and start loading the parts we collected so far."

"I'll place a beacon at the cave front," Lucas thought, knowing that if they were going to attempt a rescue, they might as well pick the right cave.

Several minutes had passed, Lucas still unable to sense anything from the Blight Leaper. The Imperials had loaded the final parts, and Neo was coming around. "Sarkk, we may have lost the Blight Leaper," one of his officers filled the waking Imperial in. Lucas stood against the railing and for the first time, he felt as though he was cut off from the galaxy. The sun was at an afternoon centerpoint, but now, it was on the decline...

They didn't have much time!
 Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, October 21st 2009 11:10pm    Post subject:

Coral watched the battered ship come into view, and despite the faint energy signatures, the vessel was intact. "Selanno, I'm reading a weapon signature, we should back off. Nico could be inside," Coral stated, her fingers running over the sensor pads, and relayed the data to the other stations. "I'm picking up multiple lifeforms inside, however... their sensors could be damaged-"

A shot escaped the vessel, but it was clear miss. A warning shot.

Deciding to act for the rest of the crew, Coral activated the communication array, "Attention freighter, this is Republic Officer Coral Callatros. We mean no harm. Perhaps we can assist each other?"

She shut off the mic, and turned to the rest, "Well, if it was Nico, she would've shot us out of the sky by now..." She noticed the Star Raptor's own weapon systems, or what was left of them, came online. If they fired another shot, Selanno might do the same. She took a breath, and held it....
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Extrictarium Nebula, Iego
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: