Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Extrictarium Nebula, Iego
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Extrictarium Nebula, Iego
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Thu, October 22nd 2009 12:13am    Post subject:

Neo awoke slowly, his vision blurred and his mind sluggish. He could barely make out the fuzzy outlines of the others moving around him. Eventually, his eyesight cleared, leaving him with only a pounding headache. He took a deep breath and winced as a sharp pain spiked through his chest. Alright, he though as he raised a gloved hand to his helmet's temple, noticing that the visor was cracked near the top. A pounding headache, and some bruised ribs. At first he couldn't remember how he'd been injured, and then it all came back to him in a rush. Firi, the demon, his short but violent struggle with the creature ending with him flying into half a ton of garbage...

Okay, so it hasn't been the best of days. So get off your ass and change that, trooper!

Neo steadied himself on the rocky ground, realizing that they were no longer in the junkyard, but a cave. He slowly managed to rise into a seated position against the back of the cave wall, and one of the other commandos noticed him. "Hey, Sarge's awake." The others looked at him, and the Jedi came over with a canister of bacta spray that looked like it had been old when Neo was in school. "How are you feeling, Sargeant?" Lucas asked as he began removing armor plates. Neo unzipped the bodysuit's chest section and exposed his torso, which was covered in blue-purple bruising, especially where the heaviest armor plates had been. "Like I went three rounds with a Wookiee," Neo answered, his breathing labored, "After a dozen shots of Whyren's and a few days without sleep."

Lucas frowned and looked at the main chest plate, still in his hand, before beginning to spray the bacta. The cool mist began to anesthize his wound and seep into his pores, where it would work its way into his bloodstream and eventually reach his ribs, repairing everything along the way. "This armor doesn't really do you any good, does it?" Lucas asked as he methodically moved the spray bottle back and forth. Neo chuckled and instantly regretted it. "We aren't your pop's stormtroopers, kid. If I'd been wearing lower-grade plates, I'd probably be dead." Lucas was quiet as he finished spraying, and as Neo helped the Jedi replace his armor he knew something else was on his mind. "What is it?"

Expand
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, October 25th 2009 10:38pm    Post subject:

Tsesneca made a break for the cockpit followed closely by Jonas. The ship was coming closer, she couldn't tell if it was nico's or not, didnt look like it anyway. "SAMM, open a channel."

Communications ready, Tseneca

She pressed the switch opening up the frequency. "The is the Blight Leaper, please identify yourself." She paused, waiting, but received only silence. She tried again. "Incoming ship, this is the Blight Leaper, please identify yourself".

Nothing. This wasn't good. It was possible their communications were down but she couldn't afford to take that chance. She looked at Jonas, biting her lip, trying to consider her options. She looked at the console.

"SAMM, you said forward cannons are operational?"

Yes...

"Good, fire a warning shot."

There were a couple ways this was going to work. If it wasn't Nico, a warning shot wouldn't do any harm, if it was, they were about to have a planet-side fire fight. She couldn't imagine anyone already on Iego had a working ship, and no new ships had entered the system since the crash. That meant a fifty-fifty chance between the ship being Nico's or one of the other wrecks. There was only one way to find out.

A beam of energy ejected from the Blight Leaper, shooting past the other ship. Tseneca held her breath an waited for the next move.
 Back to top »
Firi'Taknik
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, October 25th 2009 11:14pm    Post subject:

Firi was terribly frightened, but somewhere in her came the crawling sensation that this creature, one that she ordinarily would have detested, one that from the time of her childhood she'd been taught to kill herself before getting captured by, was nothing more then a conflicted being.

He'd not eaten her. He'd hurt her, but left her alive. How long, she thought. How long would she remain like this. there was no telling, but for the moment, she was breathing. What she saw now, as the demon knelt across from her, gazing at her with his penetrating gaze, was not the monster she'd seen be the bearer of death and carnage, but a creature of solitude and pain. She'd never been close enough to a Maelibus to see anything but the demons that they were, and now she didn't know what to think as she tended the injuries of this one.

Its skin was warm beneath the armored plates that spread along its back. She caught the scent...not of blood and rotting flesh as she would expect... but the earthy smell of wet dirt and the darkness of caves.

"Why are you here alone?" she asked as she deftly cleaned the crusting blood, from his face and neck. It had showed compassion, she'd do the same, if only to delay her death further. "I was under the impression Maelibi traveled in packs."

They do. His mind voice echoed in her brain. They? she noted. He didn't count himself among them. Slowly, she received a vision of himself among others of his people, the frightening apearence of his clan baring their teeth against him in hatred, then he, turning and leaving.

They would have taken my flesh. I was given the choice to leave, so I did. The others don't come here, the tunnels are my own. he winced as she applied pressure to a still heavily bleeding wound along his back plates.

"Why?" She asked, hands trembling along the thorned spikes that cradled his spine.

Much the same reason you stay alive now. I showed mercy.

She was quiet for a second. pausing to look at the ground. Her perceptions about the monster who'd dragged her down her were rapidly changing.

She was quiet for a moment, then softly almost imperceptibly she said. "I wonder if you and I are more alike then one would think..."

[/i]
 Back to top »
Aquar
Practice14

Post Posted: Sun, October 25th 2009 11:39pm    Post subject:

I snarled as the conjecture cut through the lethargic peace that was encompassing me as the angel cleaned my wounds.

We are nothing alike I gnashed my teeth to prove the point. Her hands stopped and she shied back a little in fear. And I suddenly felt the onset of guilt. I turned my head away, angry at myself for this unbecoming onslaught of feelings, but also angry at my actions to someone who was showing me kindness.

"m—maybe so." she stammered, and continued wrapping my injuries in the frayed cloths she'd torn from her skirt. "B—but I do know that we have both turned away from out people."

I looked at her. She'd yet to make any real eye contact with me. Out of fear, out of hatred, I would never be sure.

"I was exiled as well." she said, explaining.

She finished dressing my wounds and crawled back over to the wall, where she sat, hugging her knees to her chest. Her ankle was limp and she leaned back as if dizzy. I felt another twinge of shame. I could not help her the way she'd helped me. I didn't know how.

You're not fully Diathim are you? I asked.

She shook her head. "I was sired by a human."

You smelled different.

To my surprise, she laughed. It was a sound I was unnaccustomed to hearing, light and airy. She showed little bands of white teeth and her nose crinkled. Then she took in her breath. I must have broken her ribs, I thought.

I can get you something. I said, going to the corner of my cell. Its not much but it'll dull the pain. I took hold of the little pestal sitting near the cave wall. It held a pultice id used for myself from time to time. I'm sorry. I said. and in some sort of shock, she finally looked at me. Her steel blue eyes pierced through my own eyes and into my skull. Suddenly waves of pain shot through me as the visions came fully and unreal. The unrelenting view of stars exploding, the galaxy expanding, people, beings, thousands of them. I cowered back, cradling my head and wept...
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, October 29th 2009 03:35am    Post subject:

Jonas watched the viewscreen carefully, the ship streaming into view... a battered vessel, yet in a relatively flyable condition. The cockpit was skewed open, the crash had done enough damage to cripple the viewing screens, leaving it raw against the atmosphere. Tseneca and Jonas stared carefully, before their eyes had met theirs, the slow realization that they weren't foes, seemed to relieve everyone.

Jonas laughed heartily, as SAMM powered down the engines. "Thank Saint Caprica." He mumbled something his mother would've said, given the circumstances. Lucas, he thought, knowing that the other team had been attacked. "SAMM, download the remaining parts and service required to Tseneca's padd, we are leaving."

Tseneca must've felt as though she needed to go, as she collected several objects, before running after him. Jonas emerged out of the Blight Leaper's side, before waving at the hovering vessel. A scratched hull revealed the words Star Rapt with the last two letters completely removed. A woman emerged, her white clothing completely dirty from whatever ordeal the crew had faced.

"I'm with the New Republic, perhaps we can be of service to each other..." she was a beautiful, yet frail looking creature. A woman of technology, no doubt, with a direct way of communication that only machines would tolerate.

"I'm Jonas, I live in a town about 56 miles from here. This is Tseneca, Captain of the Blight Leaper," he allowed her to greet the woman, before continuing, "We have a second team, they were retrieving parts and service equipment in the Scatterlands. Take us there, and we will help you collect the parts you need..."

By this time, the Imperials had joined their ranks. They must've finished locking down the ship. "Imperial boys, real handy in a firefight, should we run into one."

The woman narrowed her eyes, but almost instantly afterwards, smiled, "We could use a few extra blaster hands... we lost one of our crew to the demons-" Jonas lowered his head, the plague of that race, seemed to affect nearly any newcomer to this planet.

"Good news, if they only captured a few, they would hold the person for sacrifice to something royal or a creature they revere as a deity. Your crewman is safe, but at nightfall, that might be different story." It was legend, of course, but nothing proved against that information. Logical? Perhaps.

Coral extended her hand, murmuring something to the man she had called "Selanno", to which he had responded with a reaction too difficult to read. The ship was spacious, despite the exterior bashing, though demon blood stained the hallways, the mere smell of sweat and flesh inflaming his nostrils. The vessel reeked, but it was flyable. "Input the coordinates here-" Miss C, as Selanno had called her, said. Jonas flicked over the touchscreen, before retreating to Tseneca. It was nice to have a friendly face, even the Imperials weren't looking so bad.

He closed his eyes, and hoped Lucas or the others weren't harmed...
 Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, October 29th 2009 03:50am    Post subject:

Coral let Selanno steer the ship, and give orders to the crew, while she observed the new companions. She, and the captain, were no longer the foreigners. Had the Blight Leaper been shot down by Vera Nico, or were they here a lot longer than they had originally thought? The details were sketchy, but time allotted for few explanations. Eisley took the time, en route, to explain that their second team, guided by a planetary resident, a teenage Jedi, and an Imperial (or two), had fallen under attack.

The blaster pistol felt warm against her hands, the hilt not leaving her side since the first attack. It was a constant reminder that she was no longer on a Republic analyst deck. As the Star Raptor came around, the Scatterlands entered into view. A breathtaking display of broken starships stretching thousands of years. Strange, alien, vessels loomed in the mounds of littered hull fragments.

"Historical data paradise!" she exclaimed, eagerly excited at the hull markings of a freighter from the early Trade Federation, dating back almost fifty years prior to the Blockade of Naboo. "Anything from this junkyard, would be worth a fortune on the open market..." What she would pay for a freighter, and a few intelligence droids right about now...

"C, get up here." Selanno pointed to a wrangled heap of wires, "Nico knocked out sensors, can you do anything?" Coral's fingertips swept over the control pad, before retrieving manual command input for sensor data. She typed in organic compounds that would typically be found in a human lifeform, and multiplied that factor by three. Two minutes into the scan, they had detected three humanoids inside one of the caves...
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, October 29th 2009 03:54am    Post subject:

Cade had a point, with the Khan in its current condition, it was vulnerable. And jumping the droid's weapon systems into their targeting computers, wasn't a bad idea. "I like it," she said, already taking the next step, "We are going to rewire a few things, make a few adjustments here and there. I might need to wipe the navigational computer of hyperspace routes... I'd need the space to calibrate the fighters..."

And even then, it would be limited. But enough to pose a threat to her opponents... "How is your ship?"

It looked relatively undamaged, but thought she'd ask.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, October 29th 2009 04:02am    Post subject:

Pulling the last of the Imperial's armor from his body, he continued to spray the bacta, sparing only a small portion. It looked pretty bad, but given a crucial healing time that might stretch for hours, if not a day or two, he'd be back to his feet. "I think we need to get you to Cliffhold, you might be able to walk soon, but who knows what kind of internal injuries you might have suffered..."

Might give them enough time to regroup, rearm themselves, before going after the angel. He was a Jedi, and it was his mission to rescue her, it was the least thing he could do... afterall, they all owed her their lives... even for a sake of trying. Lunna continued relentlessy to reach Jonas on the wireless, but after about an half an hour, gave up. They made a small contact, but that was it. I hope they're all right.

His feelings dwelled on Tseneca, before picturing her alongside Jonas. He was an interesting guy, different from any that he had encountered before. More determined than your average stranded citizen. Then again, who wouldn't be?

"Lucas! Look!" Lunna exclaimed, pointing to a ship in the distance. Without fear or hesitation, he could feel that Tseneca was close, the only strange part, it wasn't the Blight Leaper.
 Back to top »
Jallorn
Jallorn

Post Posted: Thu, October 29th 2009 07:53pm    Post subject:

"My ship is fine, I have not endured any recent combat. But what do you mean? You are going to attempt it now? You don't have any of the parts you might need? Or are you just going to connect the droids to your ship's computer for more efficient coordination?" Jallorn spoke quickly, he was excited, "I can help, I have a lot of experience with droids and ships."
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, November 12th 2009 06:28am    Post subject:

As the ship carried the various amount of passengers, the sun was beginning to enter the late afternoon, and if they weren't careful, a deadly dusk. Jonas stared ahead, his eyes locked on the Scatterlands as it came into full view, scanning every bit of the wreckage for their friends. Soon, Lunna's voice blared over the intercom, "Jonas, is that you in there?" Jonas cracked a smile, the warm welcome of the girl's tone, lighting the other passenger's faces as well.

"We've got wounded, and he doesn't look good..."

Jonas closed his eyes, not knowing who or what to expect from the situation below. Tseneca moved close, and Jonas decided to take a step nearer any ways. His fingers glided across the cool air, until it met hers. Their embrace was simple, words weren't needed, to describe the simple gesture that both had hoped Lucas was all right. To her, maybe she thought he was simply comforting her, but somehow, he had become attached to the Jedi in the small time they had shared together.

As the broken Star Raptor cruised the distance between them, Lunna was painstakingly quiet, his eyes locked on the fallen, but as the ship hovered, and spun a 180 turn, Jonas gleefully looked into a young pair of squinting eyes. Tseneca released the embrace, rushing to the ramp-exit, before greeting her companion. The Imperial on the ground, just by looking at him, seemed pretty beaten up.

The Republic woman glided from her seat, and touched the Imperial's forehead, before running a bunch of passes over his body. "He'll live, we should collect the parts we need for the Star Raptor and the Blight Leaper, and head back. We can not afford to waste the little time we have left in the day..."

Jonas was the first to bring up the unspoken topic, "The angel, she is missing. What happened to her?" Lucas broke away from Tseneca, his eyes falling short of the downed Imp, "Demon...we tried...hard to protect her." He said, the calm and regret in his voice soaking the conversation into a dead silence. "She's alive, but I can't sense anything other than that."

Jonas walked towards him, hitting his shoulders in a way, "Glad you're okay, and the rest of you?" He glanced around, but it seemed like they were shaken, except Lunna. She had an odd glow about her, that she had seemed to know something, he hadn't. Making a mental note to discuss it with her later, Jonas turned back to the Republic woman.

"Maybe we should regroup in Cliffhold, before-"

"No." she was adamant about this, "Every minute we waste, allows Nico to make repairs, demons to organize into a feeding frenzy, and the little energy we have left our ships to drain. I am a cybernetics expert, and will rewire both ships to compensate for damaged systems. It'll work faster, since it appears you have an intelligent A.I. system," she was looking at Tseneca, "The Star Raptor is operational, but it requires hull configuration, and navigational repairs to the hyperdrive...Nico fried the majority of the systems."

She continued, this time pausing to emphasize the drop of the sun across the horizon, "In essence, we need only one hyperspace route...making repairs ten, maybe twenty hours at most on each ship. If the A.I. can be linked to both ships, we might be able to cut that in half. If you can get mechanics with rigs and riffs to assist us, we might be able to make the repairs in three days, maybe a week. If we have only what is present here," she looked around to the faces of the Leaper, Raptor and Imperials, "We could be trapped for years attempting to lift and heave pieces of hull, in order to seal fractures..."

She seemed competent of the overhaul, and an Imperial officer had taken the liberty of asking her of her name. She responded quickly, "Officer Callatros, please. Do you have any questions?"

Lucas spoke immediately, "What about the angel?"

"And Malbacca?"

The officer thought for a moment, "Once the Star Raptor has been sufficiently repaired, it may be able to navigate the caves. I haven't been fully briefed by Selanno, but he makes it sound like it's doable."

Jonas shook his head, "The upper caves, maybe. But the further down, the smaller they get. Cliffhold might be willing to lend a hand, but no one will volunteer their lives. Equipment, maybe."

"We will debate this later. Captain Selanno will be in charge of the rescue, but the rest of us need to collect the parts we need. Please page the city, and call for aide. I really want to get the frak off of this planet."

"Don't we all..." someone mumbled, before Jonas took leave of the group, to contact Cliffhold...
 Back to top »
Jallorn
Jallorn

Post Posted: Mon, November 23rd 2009 09:05pm    Post subject:

"Here," says Jallorn, handing Vera a datapad, "In there are a few of the codes I use, as well as call-signs that can be placed in various public information that will let me know you're looking for me. Each one corresponds to different coordinates on various planets, I'll use the same ones if I need to find you, but for now, I must go." Thus saying, Jallorn turns and begins to mount into his cockpit.
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, December 02nd 2009 12:59am    Post subject:

The welding wand sparked, closing the tear in the bulkhead before Daegon deactivated the tool. He removed his visor and wiped the sweat from his forehead before clicking his comlink's transmit button. "What's it say now?" he said to Eisley, who was seated in the Raptor's cockpit observing the few readouts that were still online. A few moments passed before the reply came. "Looks good so far," the youth said. "As long as we do something about that last breach in the aft section, she should be fine."

Daegon stood and collected his tools. "Copy that. Keep an eye on those displays, kid. Holler if anything comes up."

"Will do."

"Out." As he made his way through the ship’s aft corridors, Daegon continued to reflect on the moments leading up to their narrow escape from what the other survivors were referring to as the ‘demons.’ He knew there was nothing he could have done to prevent Malbacca’s capture or Nico’s escape; Coral had already assured him it wasn’t his fault, the other Republic agent had confirmed it, and even Kaor had spoken with him about the attack. The normally cold Kaleesh hunter had, in no uncertain terms, told Daegon that Malbacca’s capture wasn’t due to any mistake he had made. This was followed by a sharp suggestion that unless Daegon stopped fumbling around in the past, wondering how it ‘could’ have been, he should be worrying about the future and what ‘could’ happen.

When he reached the aft hyperdrive bay, the extent of the damage was shocking, even though he’d caught a glimpse of it during the fighting. Nico’s explosives had blasted a hole in the hull that was at least two or three meters in diameter. The edges of the hole puckered out, blackened by the blast, and Daegon could still see the scars on the deck plates at his feet from where Nico and her Barabel cohort had blasted off from his ship with their jetpacks. He gritted his teeth and set to work. Lords of Corellia, when I’m done with that woman they’ll never find all the pieces.

Oddly, while he was welding the first of the durasteel sheets into place behind the hole, his thoughts drifted to his sister. She’d sent him a message just before they’d arrived at the edge of the nebula saying that Nik had taken her to the Academy on Dantooine and she was all right, but he hadn’t heard from her since. While he knew that nothing would happen to her in the middle of a planet overrun with Jedi, his contacts on the fringe still hadn’t given him any word on whether or not Grudo was backing down from the bounty after losing Slugger to CorSec. She’ll be fine, he berated himself as he was putting the last sheet in place. Worry about yourself and your crew until you can get off this rock.

Once he had closed the hole and used a pressure sensor to test for a clean seal, he commed Callatros. “Repairs are just about done, Cee. Better get the group together and get them on board; we’ll brief when everyone’s here.”

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, January 04th 2010 12:39am    Post subject:

Lucas was outside of the Star Raptor, the sun had just dropped from the skyline, the twilight hour of their last security had finally dwindled into the last seconds. He breathed the cool night air, the thousands of moons gleaming across as far as he could see, and he couldn't help, but reach out for the angel that had been taken into the dark crevice of this haunted world.

For years, he had lavishly lived inside the home of wealthy family, that even if he spent millions of credits every month, it would never rob the Pallanén-Davad accounts. His name was plastered over Kuat, the infamous goodie-richie-rich kid that had everything spelled out for him. Coral approached from the side, her quiet steps giving her away. "Lucas, we are making the final preparations. Selanno believes we should be space worthy..." Her tone was confident, but a small undertone left an essence of uncertainty.

"We should lift off, its not safe on the ground..." and if on cue, a howl of demonic hunger lingered in the valley, before dissipating. A minute later, it was much closer. Then again, probably less than a click from their position. They were fast.

Coral ran from her position, the troops and settlement workers hording into the belly of the freighter. Lucas bolted from his position, and onto the Blight Leaper. SAMM was reminding Tseneca the hyperdrive had not yet been repaired.

"It doesn't matter, they are here, and by the sounds of it, they are frakkin' starving..." Lucas relayed, strapping himself into the co-pilot's seat, "Firing up the engines." Tseneca locked one of the consoles into place, before lifting herself up and into her chair.

"SAMM, thrusters!"

The neighboring Star Raptor lifted off, humming as it passed nearby. Three of the vessel's underbelly lights illuminated Iego's ground, the orange rock and green vegetation just before the horde of demons appeared. It rose vertically, the turrets activating and giving them a small window to breathe.

"We are at three feet... an altitude thruster isn't aligned, we cannot get any higher!" for the first time, SAMM sounded somewhat panicked, "Tseneca, you have to get to the engine room... You need to manually replace the third receptor chord."

"No time," Lucas managed to say, slamming the Blight Leaper's piloting stick to the right. The ship hung in mid air, suspended by the hoverengines that literally hoisted the ship from the ground by friction. As the ship steered over the canyon, it lost this, and plummeted over the side...
 Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, January 04th 2010 12:41am    Post subject:

Coral sat from the cockpit of the Star Raptor and watched as the Blight Leaper steered away from the demon horde, and over the edge of the cliff. "Gods!" Frantically racing across the Raptor's sensor, at least what was available, she watched as the ship dove to the underworld...
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, January 04th 2010 12:54am    Post subject:

Jonas had been thrown against the opposite wall, the feeling of vertigo sending his stomach into a fit. It had been a while since his last space flight, and as he recovered, he laughed at the sensation. He was off the ground...falling...but off...

"Eisley, please report to the engine room. Replace the third receptor chord, so I may resume altitude control."

Jonas nodded, but the sheer velocity of their fall, had him sucked up against the wall. "Sam, can you do anything about the internal gravity. I can't move."

"Not without seriously harming your internal organs. Such a sharp adjustment could be biologically devastating..."

It was Tseneca that answered, her voice appearing over the comms, "Sam, frakkin' do it. Death by demons. Death by crashing. Death by reverse gravitation. I don't care."

Lucas, "Just do it enough where we can move..."

It hit him hard, the sudden jerk all around him as though he had been thrown at the table and shaken violently. He vomited all over, his insides had contorted and twisted, but he was alive. He moved quickly, and in the confusion, snapped three of his fingers. He bled more than he had ever seen, yet the pain hadn't surfaced yet. He gulped as he opened the engine room, the flashing indicator light as beacon.

Jonas slid across the room until he grabbed onto the right console and pulled himself up. Yanking the defective chord, he grabbed an extra from underneath and snaked it into place. The ship gave a tremendous hurtle as the engines roared to life. The feeling reversed itself, the doomed fall turning into a drive of stabilization, as they crawled out the deep trench. "Oh my god," the feeling in his fingers had returned, and he passed out...
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, January 04th 2010 02:46pm    Post subject:

Tseneca took hold of the manual steering.

"blast it!" she yelped as the Leaper buckled beneath her. there was no telling how far she would be able to go at this rate.

SAMM called for her to hit the engine room, she gripped the controls as Jonas saw to it. Good kid.

The Leaper, lilting with its heavy bulk dangerously off to the side, shuddered and bucked. Then, with a final quiver and a moan from the stabilizers, the ship regained altitude control.

Thrusters stabilized. We're off ground, but i cant go anywhere but orbit without hyperdrive.

Tseneca grimaced "Lucas." she looked over her shoulder while trying to keep it steady. "We have two choices. up or down. we can't jump and orbiting is too dangerous with the angels flying around. and you know already the ground has teeth. the other option is cliffhold.

Jonas still hadn't come back from the engine room. A look of concern flashed in Lucas's eyes.

"What is it?" she asked, but before she could finish, Lucas was bolting down the access corridor toward the engine room.

She settled back at the controls, thinking hard. The angel was still down there somewhere. uneven levels of guilt clouded her thinking. she felt twinges of discomfort and blinked hard against them.

SAMM, set a course for the village against the northern cliffs"

Already done

they were off to cliffhold
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, January 05th 2010 06:50am    Post subject:

The dark catacombs of the demon civilization was astonishing, not even the best of Kuati architects could ever hope to clone this technique. Her eyes were wide open as she stepped onto the skull fragment of an alien species, it turned into dusty pieces as she finished the step. One of her Barabel companions had been taken, and despite what many would assume of her character, she did respect the lives of those who followed her cause.

The path was narrow, as they slipped through the entry way of a dormant chamber. She had managed to retrieve a map, primitive, but effective. A demon rounded the corner, and judging by her sensor-googles, it was alone. A special knife slipped from her side as it charged towards her.

The night before, she had carefully carved and extracted the front talon of one of the beasts. It was the only effective method of killing demons without the exhausting blaster attempts. As it charged, her feet danced and she smashed the talon into its jugular. Approaching the beast, she gauged its eyes, before slitting the throat.

She resumed course, the barabel companion arriving too late to assist her, but judging by his green facial expression, he had found something. "A pathway, leading ssstraight to him." Its tongue slithered with anxiety, as they raced towards the chamber of their captured companions.

Her jaw dropped, it was filled, hundreds, no, thousands of creatures. All were slamming their fists and beckoning the sacrifice and blood-spilling. A wookiee and a barabel, hung side by side...
 Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, January 05th 2010 06:57am    Post subject:

"Roger that," Coral had responded to the transmission, "Selanno, looks like we are heading to Cliffhold. Blight Leaper requires engine repairs, and I think we could all use some rest, if we can manage it. We'll have a few droids and computers overlook the hull repairs..." She didn't want to say it aloud, but she had her doubts about the work the native settlers had performed. As gung-ho as they were to get off the planet, sloppy mistakes could have the air sucked out from the cabin, and heads exploding...

The sobering thought of Malbacca seemed to linger with him, and the twisted surge of revenge against Nico ate at all of their souls. She returned to her station wondering if they were just as doomed as the rest of the people on this planet, and if she could ever start a new life here... Maybe Selanno would become rough, too rough, and initiate a suicidal rescue mission. Everyone would die, but perhaps only then, would they all be at peace.

Shuddering, Coral locked a parallel course and matched the Blight Leaper's speed.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, January 05th 2010 07:03am    Post subject:

Jonas rested in his arms as Tseneca massaged bacta oils across his body, after fresh bandages had been applied to his fingers. Jonas groaned slightly, before finally coming around. "Holy frak," before collapsing back into a squirm of unconsciousness. A nudge of the Force suggested, that despite his pain, he would live.

Lucas began to breathe more easily now, and loosened up. "Well, we seem to be safe from the demons..." His heart returned to the somber thought of Firi's demise. She was probably spread out across some rock, her beautiful angelic face, ripped open as a 'lucky' demon family served up an organ feast. If she infact had organs, "As a Jedi, its my duty to try and save her." It was a fact, but the way he said it, left it open to negotiation.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, January 06th 2010 03:36pm    Post subject:

Tseneca had followed Lucas down the corridor after SAMM took control over the ship. As they entered the engine room they saw Jonas sprawled unconscious in the corner. Both rushed to aid him. His wounds were fairly bad, burns and laceration marks.

Tseneca fetched some first aid and came back to where the two younger men were sitting; she immediately tended to Jonas' wounds as he regained consciousness. Lucas was speaking, Tseneca nodded in assent as he agreed that going to cliffhold was the best idea for them. then he brought up the angel's kidnapping.

"go after her!?" Tseneca looked up sharply. "Are you crazy!? we just got out of that mess, and you want to go back!?

Lucas nodded, and jonas let out a soft groan.

it was crazy, but somehow Tseneca know the kid was right. Firi had saved their lives after all. they owed her that much.

"Theres no telling if shes still alive you know." Tseneca added as she continued to bandage a still dazed Jonas. "We'd go in and there would be know telling if we'd come back out again"

Descent on cliffhold. I need you at the control Tseneca, I've already hailed them for docking permission.

Tseneca stood, leaving Jonas to Lucas. "Don't move him, he might be bleeding internally." she turned her back and headed back to the cockpit. there, through the bridge window, sat the city of cliffhold, embedded deep into the north cavern wall.
 Back to top »
Firi'Taknik
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, January 06th 2010 03:55pm    Post subject:

Shocked, Firi cowered back for a second; then approached the beast.

"Are you..." She layed a hand carefully on his cowl. He reared back suddenly, knocking her hand away. She moved back again, frightened.

Just... dont he pressed his arm between his foreteeth biting hard enough to draw blood, trying to ease the pain he was feeling inside.

"What is it?" she asked timidly. He shook his head back and forth, froth collecting at the edges of his mouth and nostrils. a gutteral whipering noise emitted from his throat, and he shot her pictures of people, things, thoughts and feelings that erupted in a firey blaze of anxiety and discomfort in his mind. "What... are they?"

Visions. the rage was beginning to subside. They come to me, ovrepowering me. They are not mine.

She shook her head, not understanding. "but where do they come from?"

I wish I knew. He relaxed finally, his muscles releasing as he slumped against the wall in abating agony. She crept closer. "Can I..."

before he could respond she pulled herself next to him, resting in the hollow of his hip. she reached up and layed slender fingers on his forehead and chest area. he flinched, but she held him fast. Humming, singing, closed her eyes.

She sang to him stories of the old world, songs shed learned as a child. stories of heroism and great achievements by her people. some were stories of dark times, and others of birth and renewal. she sang for him, his pain and grief. slowly, the darkness in the cave grew less and less, and the glow of the angel gradually returned.
 Back to top »
Aquar
Practice14

Post Posted: Wed, January 06th 2010 04:11pm    Post subject:

the pain went away. not completely, but it lessened. I felt warm and the angel settled next to me. She was tiny, and the warmth of her left me breathless in horror and surprise and...

it was pleasant. Her voice lilted through the air and the press of her fingertips on me made me shudder with pleasure. no. i was weak. but still. oh, the wonder of it. I listened wrapped as she sang words i could not begin to comprehend. I was wooed by the sound of her, lost in its glow. The terrors that plagued me, the agony, the shame, could not penetrate here.

unconsciously, i pulled her closer to me taking in her warmth. She rested her head on my torso, lethargic with whatever effort she was taking. But her glow was returning, shimmering off of the cave walls. I held her, feeling her heartbeat grow stronger, feeling my heartbeat in tandem, swelling bellow my armor. I was no longer ashamed. For what i felt was a love. an ethereal, rising love for the being at my side. A vast gratitude that she had been delivered to me, and the knowledge that though i had never met her before, nor had i dreamed of becoming a companion to anyone but myself, I could not muse to live without her.

Her singing became a low vibratory humming, and I held her in my arms, this creature from above, and felt the bliss of sleep overwhelm me.
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, January 07th 2010 03:29am    Post subject:

The Dusty Moon touched into the clouds of Naboo, piercing them gently, as his fingers wrapped around the piloting thrusters. His eyes were peeled, it was his first time, taking in the beauty of a world to where poverty, slavery, and other dark characteristics had no home. The oceans were blue, the forests lush and plentiful. Boots stood at his side, not as a precautionary freighter captain, but with pride. "Nice work, son, just fly like the angels, glide over 'em boy! Ha ha!" His laughter was gentle, infectious as he slapped the boy's back, bringing the Dusty Moon into a slight jerk, as Jonas fumbled to stabilize the nervous grip he held...

"Jonas?" Lucas was prodding him carefully.

The first smell was nothing like he had experienced before, in fact, it was completely unique. Fresh. Walking as though he was the king of the world, Jonas descended the ramp, and jumped down and next to Boots, who was confirming the shipment delivery and general proper inspections. "Eisley, why don't you run off and explore the neighbors for a bit, I'll take it from here. Meet me at Cafe Nabari, just off the main street." Jonas nodded, not second guessing his first opportunity to explore a world, alone.

"Jonas," Lucas shook a bit harder, and then something else, but it sounded as though he was arguing with Samm. "I didn't shake him too hard, why don't you mind your own business?"

Then another voice, something much more feminine, yet held authority, "Lucas, get up here." There was a pause, before Lucas shuffled him around and onto the hard floor and cold floor... the feeling was forgotten, however, as he knocked on the door of a dessert shop in Theed...
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, January 07th 2010 03:32am    Post subject:

Lucas carefully dropped Jonas to the floor, taking care at wrapping a blanket around him, before running to Tseneca's position. On the way, he managed to trip on several delicately hanging wires, and the aft lights disappeared. "Oops," he managed to say as he emerged in front of Tseneca, "You rang?" He plopped down next to her and waited for her to explain what was up...
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, January 07th 2010 04:01am    Post subject:

The demon cavern was a massive orb, the wookiee and barabel captives side by side, in the dead center. Vera and her assistant, stood at the very top of their domain. The demons, as barbaric as the species came, chanted in some sort of cult sacrifice. Returning to the barabel, Vera vowed "We may not live beyond this day, but we will let our comrade know, he will not die alone." This loyalty was divine to the creature, something their species acknowledged after centuries of war with Kashyyyk. "Spare the wookiee, I want him alive." The barabel hissed, but there would be no objection. She retrieved dozens of orbs from her bag, before rolling them off the edge, and into the soup madness.

One by one, they circled the chamber, passing unnoticed by the gathering. They rolled across the great orb, gaining momentum with each pass. One by one they locked into place, strategic locations that would crumble and throw the demon audience into oblivion or chaos.

This race is about to experience Vera Nico. A cold reminder of justice that would rob them of a futile attempt to appease whom they chant.

In unison, Nico and the green lizard locked their helmets into place and secured their jetpacks. "Freedom to our brother," she whispered, and ran with full force and off the top level...
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Extrictarium Nebula, Iego
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: