Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Pallanén-Davad Estate - Kuat City - Kuat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Kuat » Pallanén-Davad Estate - Kuat City - Kuat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Mon, April 12th 2010 03:50pm    Post subject:

Kyp moved in and swept her right arm over his shoulder swept her legs out from underneath her. Only for a woman. Kyp didn't know how much trauma her mind had already suffered. He had his own nightmares but he had come to peace with them years ago. Kyp spoke softly as he carried her towards the area where his own room was. There had to be an empty room around there somewhere. "It's real, perhaps all of it. But I can't tell you if they are old memories or events that have yet to pass. Be wary of these dreams. I sense fear in you. If you do not learn to control your fear it will consume you," Kyp spoke clearly but averted his eyes from hers. "I am confident that your lover would not want that for you." He didn't want her to see what he was thinking. If she were to go head long off the deep end, Kyp would have to stop her. One way or another.

Kyp didn't speak for the rest of the way. He was certain that she needed time to accept what was happening to her. Kyp knew well the dreams she had but did not speak of them. Only a privileged few knew of them. He had to accept that he was not in control of his fate, of his own parents deaths, long ago. Kyp didn't want to invade her mind again out of fear he may anger her further. Opening a door with his left hand Kyp eased through the doorway and laid Tseneca on the bed. Kyp sat on the bed next to her, wanting to press his hand firmly into her's so that she would know she wasn't alone but decided against it, "I need to enter your mind again. It'll help you sleep, I promise." Kyp leaned back and awaited her approval, not sure if she wanted to experience that feeling again.

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, April 13th 2010 01:28am    Post subject:

despite her discomfort, tseneca was too exhausted to protest as Kyp carried her to what looked like the infirmary. He set her down on the bed as the pallanen staff made room for them.

She moved away from him. she didn't want him to enter her mind again, didn't want his help. She wanted to deal with this on her own, or have lucas help her. She asked him, politely. "Thank you for bringing me here. Id like to be alone if you dont mind"

Then she rolled over, listening as his robes shuffled against the floor and the door shut behind him.

She fell into an uneasy sleep...
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, April 13th 2010 03:49am    Post subject:

Lucas stripped off all of his clothes, leaving only his red boxer briefs. He secured the door to his private fitness center, and worked on his routine. It had been some time since he had an actual workout, but the lifestyle on Iego had provided many of the same benefits. Time moved slowly as he rotated muscle groups and machines. He benched ten under his normal, but considering the amount of time had lapsed sinche his last press, he let himself off the hook. He rotated his abdomens, eight stomach muscles flexing in perfect unison with each repetition. He took a towel to dry the accumulated sweat and a protein shake to replenish the nutrients he had expended.

Wrapping a robe around himself, he walked towards his bedroom. A voice called after, "Mind if I-"

It was Jonas. "Naw, go ahead. 3-7-9-8, locks the room. Gives you some privacy."

Lucas entered his room, dropping the rob and the last clothing item as he entered the shower. It had been an interesting day, to say the least. Tseneca had been force sensitive all this time, and he hadn't a clue. He shook it off, knowing that the Jedi on Coruscant would help her too. The water was warm as it spilled over his body, he scrubbed occasionally, but otherwise, stood in meditation. He tried to think of where Nico would've went to after Iego, her vessel required repairs...extensively.

There was a knock on the door, believing it were Telburns looking to score, he ignored it. The door chimed again. Toweling his middle section, Lucas opened the door and was surprised to see Jonas sweating in front of him...
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, April 13th 2010 04:11am    Post subject:

Alisson cruised the hallways of the Pallanen-Davad Estate, Telburns and servants moving about, when she came to the infirmery. Kyp Durron had just stepped outside, and walked in a general direction of his guest room. Alisson looked curiously inside, only to find a sleeping Tseneca. Not wanting the woman to wake any further, Alisson entered a security code that locked her inside... Tseneca would be able to lift it when she accessed the door's pad key. It was a gesture of peace and solitude. It would allow her to process and rest from the day's events.

Moving across the hallway, she stopped in front of the room belonging to Lucas. Curiously, it was locked via passcode. Rest seemed overly important for most of the guests, and Alisson continued down the hall and into Bella's room. The girl was wide-awake, holo-conferencing with Damian, a Pallanen-Davad triplet-brother, Lucas being the other. "Alisson!" Damian had greeted her, "I haven't seen you in ages! When are you coming to Naboo to visit?"

Alisson turned her head to the side, calculating the notion he had suggested, "I have not been granted leave from either of your parents, so I do not think it is possible."

"Oh come on Alisson, we are all grown up now, they do not need you any more."

The phrase stung. Alisson looked downwards, attempting to provide positive features and gestures. "Damian!" Bella turned to her, "Alisson, what he means is, that my parents shouldn't have you running pointless errands any more. They have enough Telburns for that crap."

Alisson understood, "Thank you, Damian."

"No problem. I really want you to visit, I have... things I want to share with you."

Alisson smiled, "Then I will try to visit you."

Bella interrupted, stopping Damian from speaking, "Lucas deserves to know, Damian."

Damian remained defiant, "I know, I'm just not ready. Alisson is different, she is loyal. Trustworthy. She isn't going to squeal to mom and dad."

Bella shook her head, "I am ready for bed, tell her I said hello. And I hope she's doing okay."

Damian flinched. Bella must have said too much. Alisson pondered the meaning of her words as the hologram disappeared. There was a woman, a friend of Damian's, on Naboo that Bella wanted a message delivered to? It could only mean one thing. "Bella, am I correct in assuming-"

"You are always correct, Alisson. Please don't tell anyone, I shouldn't have said that. I'll get dad to "release" you. You should be able to go where you want to go, and I'm sure they'd love for you to visit Damian. He really wants to be here, with family and all, but things came up."

Alisson tried to understand the meaning, but with too many variables, she would be unable to come to an accurate conclusion.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, April 14th 2010 05:41am    Post subject:

"Rise and shine," A voice interrupted the peaceful dream of a Cantina fantasy, which had involved many beautiful women. Lucas shook awake to find Anakin Solo standing above him. Lucas groaned.

"Please, Master, not now. Let me enjoy my homeworld." Lucas glanced at the clock, it was only four in the morning. He was crazy.

"Lucas, unless you want to spend eternity as my padawan, I suggest you get your ass up." That did the trick, but Lucas actually wouldn't have minded. The morning drills, however, would have to stop.

"What are we doing today?" Lucas inquired, splashing a handful of cold water onto his face. "And what are you doing up so early?"

"Fighter training. Your mother has lent us a nebula that I think will come in handy...." Anakin answered the second question, "Coruscanti time, it's noon."
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, April 15th 2010 06:44pm    Post subject:

Tseneca woke and felt a little better, so she left the infirmiry. It was dark, the sun had already set. She'd no idea where anyone was, and preferred to wonder at the moment. needed to think.

She glimpsed an alcove, a figure was standing there on the balcony, looking out under the stars. It was Kyp. Tseneca took a deep breath. She felt badly about dismissing him so harshly, but he'd made her uncomfortible, been too touchy feely and invaded her space . She tried to remember the stories she'd heard about him, there were few, but he was a hero right? Sometimes heroes didn't know what to do with themselves. And she had been more than a little unkind.

She approached, and he turned sensing her presence. He greeted her.

"Look." she started. "I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier. I was a little out of sorts. I just need you jedi folk to stay outta by brain and outta my bubble okay?"

Then. "If you want to help, maybe you could show me some breathing excersises or something? i guess if im going to get used to this, i should start somewhere..."

Tag: Kyp, Alex
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, April 15th 2010 10:42pm    Post subject:

Jedi folk? Kyp heard all the words but pushed them aside. Kyp was well aware of his invasion of her privacy. Perhaps he should have choose a different way. Hindsight is always 20/20, he thought as he stepped back and sat on the ground. "Please sit down," she looked as him wondering why she should. "I can teach you a way to meditate. But first you must sit." Kyp had utilized this technique many times before when he was young. When Luke had first taught him he had been brash, angry, and unable to see it's purpose. Age always added a little wisdom.

Kyp looked ahead into Tseneca's eyes, "I want you to close your eyes and imagine you are all alone in a completely black room. Clear your mind of all your thoughts, all your worries, and all your emotions. These things are a storm in all people. You must strip away all the layers and aim for the middle. Aim for the eye of the storm where nothing exists and stay there." Kyp leaned back and propped himself up with his arms in complete silence. Practice made perfect. Eventually she'd be able to find that spot every time and with ease.

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, April 16th 2010 01:31pm    Post subject:

tseneca sat down cross legged on the ground across from Kyp, tucking her legs up under her as she tried to get comfortible. The stars over Kuat shone brightly and the sky was velvet blue. She looked over at the older man, his hood shoved down so she could see him more closely. He was rough looking, not from age, but from experience.

She worked to empty her mind, and began to feel the peace of letting go. She was floating, her knees and ankles no longer touching the ground on which she sat. "Aim for the eye of the storm where nothing exists and stay there...." She heard this from far away, but there it was, as more sounds rushed in, more signs of blood, there it was, the spot.

She focused on that, allowing her muscles to loosen as she made her mind charge forward. And then she was there. It stopped, the noise, the terror, all of it. She stood alone in her mind as the quiet enveloped her. The feeling of warmth and comfort pulled at her navel and up through her spine. It was a gorgeous feeling of calming.

She breathed, and heard Kyp calling her back out...
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Fri, April 16th 2010 05:14pm    Post subject:

Kyp scratched his chin as he watched the spectacle. "Tseneca, I think you get the idea," he said as he stood prepared to return to his quarters for rest. Tseneca came out of the meditative state turned to track his movement. "We have a lot to offer you," Kyp said referring to the Jedi and partially to himself. "We will continue tomorrow. We'll get you cuttin' up your dinner with the force in no time."

Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Tue, April 20th 2010 05:23pm    Post subject:

Having fallen to sleep Kyp awoke to a bright sun in his eyes. Shielding his eyes from the light Kyp sat up and rubbed away the tears that had formed in response to the sudden light. Checking his belt Kyp realized he had fallen asleep in his robes, not even bothering to remove them before hitting the bed given to him. Outside in the halls he could hear the rustle of the servants moving about and the sounds of silverware being set. Kyp moved as quickly as his drowzy legs would carry him and opened the door to see each way down the hall. Near the door sat his bag, filled with all his supplies and clothing. Lazily Kyp threw the bag over his right shoulder and went towards the dining room hoping to snag a bite to eat before returning to the Vigilance.

Below the servants had arranged the room, setting the table with a new cloth made of some type of shiny fabric. As soon as it hit the table silverware began to be arranged. One of the servants noticing Kyp's weary form at the top of the stairs motioned for him to take a seat. For an instant Kyp thought he should just leave but his stomach cut in, rumbling as he moved down the stairs. He had never been able to argue with an empty stomach. Just a bite.

Tag: Jess, Alex

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, April 22nd 2010 11:54am    Post subject:

The night had been long, but things were starting to look brighter as daybreak came across Kuat. Tseneca headed down to breakfast, running into Kyp as she did.

"Hey." She said cheerfully. "Thank you for your help last night."

He looked tired. and burdened by some weight.

Just as she was about to inquire, Lucas came tearing around the corner.

"I know where she is! our spies in the Y'toub system got a tip that Nico was somewhere around Nar Shadda. They intercepted a message to her from a Hutt running a spaceport on the far side of the planet. Hutt named Drekka."

"Ootman Baatu." Tseneca said automatically. "He runs mining operations off of Balmora. I did a job for one of his clients five years ago."

Lucas's eyes gleamed. "Blight Leaper's all geared up... What are we waiting for?"

Tag: Kyp, Alex lets go!!
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, April 22nd 2010 02:54pm    Post subject:

Kyp eyed the meal on the table prepared for him then turned back to Lucas. God dammit. With a deep exhale from his nostrils Kyp slid over to the table and snatched the whole plate up while securing a fork under his thumb. Kyp obviously was not caught up with the current state of affairs. "Who the hell is Nico and why are you chasing her to that cesspool?" With a firm tug Kyp secured his bag to his shoulder and began hastily shoving food down his gullet. Kyp turned back to say to the servants that he'd have the plate and fork sent back once he was done but all that came out with a muffled mess.

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, April 22nd 2010 03:08pm    Post subject:

Tseneca turned to Kyp. "I thought you knew... Vera Nico is the whole reason we're here. She's a bounty hunter, we've been trying to track her down since we left Oxanna Cantina back on corellia. I think we each have... personal reasons for finding her."

Kyp shoved some food in his mouth and shouldered his pack. He was leaving.

"Wait." Tseneca called after him "You're not coming? We could use your help..."
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, April 22nd 2010 05:22pm    Post subject:

Kyp chewed the mess of food and swallowed a large gulp so he could speak. Over the years he had heard his fair share of stories about Nal Hutta and her moon Nar Shadda. Smugglers the galaxy over flocked there as for some reason or another, most likely to secure another job to keep their rust buckets afloat. Kyp looked up and down himself, ensuring he had all his belongings. "I never said I wasn't coming. I just prefer to fly my own ship," he said turning to leave. "I'll meet up with you at Nar Shadda. Just don't keep me waiting."

Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, April 22nd 2010 05:59pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad entered the room, her children were packed and ready to go. With Ryan freshly returned from his business trip to the Core, he had news that Anakin Solo had delivered a promising business contract with the Solo Enterprises. Bella had left early in the morning, stopping on Kuat Drive Yards, for her goodbye, before leaving for Naboo to visit Damian and reunite with her Jedi master.

Ryan embraced his son, and afterwards, Alisson. By Bella's wish, the Human Replica Droid had been released from company obligations, and finally, would experience and see the galaxy at her own whim. Arlyn embraced the woman, the years of service and responsibility had been beyond anything they could've imagined. "We have set up an account for you," Arlyn retrieved the financial information from a Telburn, "For all the years of service."

Alisson overlooked the information, one of the rare smiles appeared. "Thank you."

Arlyn embraced Lucas, holding him dearly. She had thought for weeks she had lost him, but he had returned from the depths of hell, and delivered unharmed. He squeezed her tightly as well, whispering, "I love you mom, I'll be back."

The boy Jonas hugged her as well, after a handshake with Tseneca and Firi. "A shuttle is waiting outside, good luck. Keep in touch."
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, April 23rd 2010 08:31pm    Post subject:

Saying good-bye to the Pallanen-Davad had been a sobering experience. In the pursuit for Vera Nico, this estate would probably be one of the last safe harbors, before they were plunged into chaos. Iego may have been the start of something big, with Kuat being a small dose of paradise.

At least it was for Lucas, Bella, and himself. Tseneca might have enjoyed the calm, but she seemed to be lingering on the edge of the storm. The dinner had revealed small facts about her, but enough to suggest something in her past would emerge. The surprise of her sensitivity to the Force, left Jonas the odd man out.

A small figure approached him from the side, Alisson had a single bag packed, though a glimpse at the figure Mrs. Pallanen had given her, was a life-time's worth of work. Enough to give her and everyone on the Blight Leaper a fresh start. Jonas wished he had such parents, to give him a galaxy where life didn't depend on the week's credit-check.

Lucas and his puppy-dog attitude hinted towards the motion that he wasn't ready to leave. Jonas pat him on the shoulder, "Nal Hutta, the shithole of the galaxy." He whispered to the group as they boarded the KDY shuttle...
 Back to top »
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, July 10th 2010 02:44am    Post subject:

The voyage from Bastion was boring as it was long. Kristopher loathed having to return early, but the fact that he was alone at the Estate, brought comforts not easily matched in such a situation. Kris strode through the front doors, munching on a native apple. The staff had never enjoyed his presence, perhaps because he enforced the status symbol of the Telburns a little more than the rest of his family. "That's right, I'm home." His voice was confident, as it was dramatic.

Kicking up the stairs, Kris found his room and immediately dropped all the things he had been carrying. He hadn't trusted any of the servants, and as the protocol droid popped inside, she downloaded and updated the artificial systems to their Bastion settings and archives. It was as though a beat never skipped in his song. "Excellent, milady. You've done me well." The protocol droid popped off with some gratitude, yet entirely generic statement. He inspired her to choose a more creative response for next time. Accessing his holonet features, he quickly gathered the latest news on Zend's return, eager to find that she had crushed the forces at Bilbringi. Damn, he thought internally, She's not frakkin' around.

He began to question whether his mother was on the right side.

Not having too much time to debate his own standings, Kris moved towards the drawer with some left over credit sticks prior to his leaving to Bastion. The fund his parents kept ever-so filled would see a minor dip as he visited the local Kau Kau Galleria. Out of his brothers, he prided himself with the best skill level. Even Damian would be jealous of his latest achievements. Eve seemed to know what he was thinking, and offered, "There is a Droid and Master Tournament... Regristration is 5,000cr but to the victor, 50,000 plus a weekend at Kulla Beach...all expenses paid."

Kris nearly had a heart-attack at such great news. At Bastion, he might've faced some real competition, after all, they were some of the brightest students in the Empire. Though to call it an Empire, would be using the term lightly, considering the circumstances. It was nothing more than Remnant, and after Zend, a Remnant of a Remnant. Zend, after all, had the real bargaining chips. Kris fumbled over the thought, before returning to his computer. He'd need to upload a few new programs, if Eve was going to help him win this thing...
 Back to top »
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, August 08th 2010 04:11am    Post subject:

Several hours of adjustments and modifications, and he was satisfied with the outcome. With some borrowed programming of an assassin droid, she was lethal enough to accompany him to the Kau Kau Tournament. Kris strolled down the long staircase, and into the kitchen. He pulled a juice box from the cooler, something his mother had always kept in stock, and overheard several of the Telbuns talking about Zend. It seems even Kuat was tempted by the Grand Admiral's return. "We're Imperials," one of them said, "Fel was doing a banged up job, and now, we suddenly have Jendob?"

Kris laughed, though light enough for none of them to hear. "The Moff Council figured an Emperor would unite the Remnant."

"Really?" A female voice, "I doubt it. Its been in pieces for decades. Though its nice to have royal leadership, again."

Kris strolled out, he didn't care what they thought, after all, they were just hired servants. The bare protocol droid greeted him, as he checked the remaining balance in his monthly allowance. Just enough for the entrance fee. "Master Kristopher, it's a pleasure." One of the passing females. She was a pureblood from the Noble House in the southern portion of the planet. She was good looking, but he preferred blonds. "We were just leaving." The protocol droid stalked after him. He took his father's speeder, and accelerated towards Kuat City.

Game time.
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, September 14th 2010 03:15pm    Post subject:

It was good to be home. She identified the Pallanen-Davad Estate easily as the shuttle landed in the family's private hangar. Alisson had returned to Kuat for two purposes, one was to provide for Kristopher, the youngest of the family, and two, check on the proceedings with Kuat Drive Yards. Arlyn rarely left the shipyards, and five days was almost too long of a stretch. Though Kris was out of the house, she used the time to synchronize the data schedules and sift through the majority of KDY daily projects. An Imperator had fallen behind its repair schedule, but by rearranging several shifts, it would easily be ready by the date originally specified.

Alisson caught the visual re-entry of a black luxury speeder, and watched the small figure of Kristopher Pallanén-Davad and his "superior" protocol droid emerge from the cabin. A small wave of smoke tumbled out and spilled across the garage flooring, but disappeared as the droid initiated some kind of cleansing ritual. Smart.

Alisson retrieved two of the family guards and proceeded to his location. "Raise your weapons, I want it to look dramatic." They were unsure, but followed orders any ways. Her word was second to Ryan Davad and Lady Arlyn. Kris stumbled in, she could sense the alcohol and legalized spice consumption.

"Alisson!" He exclaimed, his voice was happy, but morphed as his eyes dropped to the blasters. "Whoa whoa!"

Alisson took a step forward, "You have been sloppy, Kris. Graduating top of your class does not excuse you from this type of behavior. Your family has a reputation, and I will see to it that you follow it."

"You can't shoot me." Kris said, matter-of-factly, "They can't shoot me. You have any idea what my mother would do to you? Pull that artificially inferior brain of yours and blast it across the pavement over there. A couple of Telbuns later, and your wiped clean from this family."

It stung, but she proceeded with the lesson. "I will not shoot you Kris." The protocol droid, the one he had been working on for the better part of five years, one he had constantly proclaimed his undying love for, suddenly sparked to life.

"You wouldn't." He hissed.

She removed her blaster pistol and shot out the droid's legs, before holstering the pistol. Kris shouted, attempting to catch the droid. His drunken state provided all the dramatics she could have hoped for.

"Get upstairs, and sober up. You are leaving for Coruscant in thirty minutes. The next time you get out of line, I'll finish her brain, and delete your backups. Eve will be gone forever."

"I hate you," was all the boy said, before disappearing up the stairs. The guards looked at her, they were shocked, probably a little worried that they might be fired. Alisson ignored it and continued through the hall and retrieved a Kuati cheesecake from the fridge...
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, November 01st 2011 08:04pm    Post subject:

Varonat's ship landed on the platform near the Pallanen-Davad estate during the planets afternoon cycle. It was wonderfully cool outside as Kuat was approaching early autumn, sunlight breaking through trees and a breeze floating by.

Leaving Varonat had been tearless. Tseneca hadn't quesitoned where Sethe had gone, but felt the pang of his absence regardless of her mixed feelings toward him. They had shared so much, and yet he had left, without so much as a goodbye. It was more than likely she would never see him again, and with that thought, she felt a profound sadness.

Jairon, though, had been cheerful. He'd enveloped her in a bone crushing hug, and given her an open communication channel. If all went well, he and the Tessaret would find their way back to Kuat and then onward, at some point, to Corellia, where he hoped she would consent to meeting the grandparents of her child. The idea of meeting Emmett's family was enough to make her break into a cold sweat of nerves; but Jairon was both adamant and patient with her, expressing to her that his parents were kind and would do nothing if not accept her, and the baby, into their fold with open arms.

Thus she had left feeling that her life was almost completely different then it had been before the Cloud City incedent. She couldn't grasp who she was anymore; a rogue spacer turned fugitive; and now a woman closing in on her mid thirties with a child on the way and a prospective family waiting for her on Corellia. It was freeing and daunting at the same moment.

The trip from Varonat to Kuat had been relaxing in itself. Aboard the Cassetta , Jonathan's ship, Tseneca had finally felt at ease. For the first time in days, she breathed deeply and allowed herself some reprieve from her grief. The warmth given to her by Lily, and Jonathan's persistent gentleness, his nervous school-boy courtship made her feel like Emmett once had, young and enamored; encroaching on that age old infatuation brought back to her in the strangest of times. They had spent the last few days in the black of space talking, swapping stories about their lives and learning about each other just as simply as it would have been had they begun courting each other under normal circumstances. Tseneca played with Lily while Jonathan cooked dinner, or the opposite would occur and she would see to the ship while he read to his daughter.

They slept in separate bunks, with Lilly curled up against her father, but once, Tseneca had awakened to the soft touch of a hand, and would sleepily welcome the little girl into her bed, scooting over to give her room. The act of Lilly seeking solace from her made her lie awake in wonderment as she held the little girl. She, a perfect stranger, was the comfort the child wanted... not her papa, whose soft deep snores filled the silence of the cabin. She snuggled the girl closer, her warmth and the child's soft sleepy breath lulling her into a strange and unfamiliar security. When she awoke, Lilly had gone, was sprinting and singing around the ship like it was a play yard, and aside from a knowing smile across Jonathan's lips, the event was not brought up.

Now, with the sun shining down on her face, clothes and self clean and free from the severity of the last month, Tseneca watched with growing uncertainty as Allaterial Pallanen-Davad met her at the foot of the gangplank.

Tseneca strode down to meet the older woman, once more marveling at the graceful beauty the woman afforded. She was confident and controlled, a trait Tseneca wondered if she would ever gain, even with age.

"Lady Pallanen-Davad, It's wonderful to see you looking so well. I wish we could have met with you under more fortunate circumstances."

Allaterial tilted her head. "Please, Tseneca, dispense with such formalities. You know how welcome you are in my house, you may at least call me by my given name."

Tseneca nodded, looking back at Jonathan, who was discussing living arrangements with Bella. Alaterial pressed a hand to Tseneca's shoulder, motioning her to walk with her.

"You look well." The older woman said, and gave her a once over. Absently, Tseneca touched her stomach. "I trust your condition has not... improved?" There was a glint behind the woman's eyes, the humor of someone who had borne four children.

"Yes, well. At least I've stopped throwing up at a pin drop." She turned to the woman. "Arlyn, I---"

Suddenly, she went utterly snow blind, her breath catching in her throat. She gasped and reached out for support. Finding none, she dropped to a knee and tried to breathe, but found the wind had been knocked out of her.

... we are back

There was a flash of red before her eyes, the horrible sense of fear in her chest and then, as if it had never occurred, she found her breath once more.

Tseneca rose, trembling. Alaterial was looking at her, brown eyes deeply troubled. "My dear, what..."

Tseneca breathed hard, catching more oxygen to fill her lungs as the feeling of dread contained in her chest faded slowly. She looked at the woman.

"I came here to tell you your son, Lucas, was dead. It would seem by the vision I had, that that is far from the case."

She shook her head. "No, not at all. We got word yesterday that Lucas is back on Coruscant, at the Jedi temple with Master Solo."

Tears of relief filled Tseneca's eyes, even despite the horrifying nature of the vision she's just had, her happiness that Lucas was not only alive but safe with anakin made her feel like she could fly. She exhaled and bolstered herself, then reassured Alaterial who looked at her concernedly. "It was only a vision, one that I will discuss with my... master... shortly.. For now, I should tell you what I came here to tell you. In light of the events on Bakura and Bespin, In light of my alliance with your children, I wanted to propose my immediate and unconditional allegiance to you and the Kuat noble families."

Tag: alex
 Back to top »
Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, November 01st 2011 09:12pm    Post subject:

Alatáriël felt the ping, she could sense the genuine nature of the woman's pledge. The offer was given, even when learning her son was alive. Commendable. "The offer is accepted, though I should note that your loyalty rests with me and my family. While the Kuati people are noble, not all value the beliefs. Some crave and would build a grave for me, should it mean their own family would rise to title and fortune." She moved away from the young Thyferran-born. "Kuat City is entering the Last Summer, the breeze is refreshing, isn't it?"

Tseneca nodded, "Very much so, you have no idea."

Arlyn scanned the exterior of the craft Tseneca Lowry-Fink had arrived on. "I can imagine. Now, please, let's get you and your guests into a more comfortable-"

"Ma-mah!" A girl's voice called and Arlyn was pleased to find the young figure of her daughter approach. She had used a speeder to transfer from the TIE's platform.

"Bells," She answered, "I'm pleased to see you made it out alive, though a holo would've been nice."

The young woman folded her arms, "The Varonat government had its fair share of inadequacies, and I don't know how they will manage, because we took the best of it with us." She smiled kindly to the emergence of an older man and a child peering eagerly at his side.

"Jonathon Langdon," He held out his hand and she shook it, "It is a wonder to be standing here. Kuat is beautiful, truly a rare gem of the Core." Arlyn smiled, his political tack was quite impressive. It was customary to admire the Kuati's home, their property, and in this case, all of Kuat was Arlyn's... in a manner of speaking.

"It is a pleasure to meet a friend of Tseneca's, she keeps great company." Arlyn nodded in the woman's direction, "I'm afraid I do not have much time, the True Empire has put a great tax on my free time." Arlyn smiled cautiously, "I'm afraid, Tseneca, that I must ask for a small favor?"

"Yes, of course, what is it?"

"My youngest son, Kristopher, has returned to me from Bespin. But he brought two problems with him. The first, Alisson was greatly damaged, in fact, greatly so, that we require a special piece of technology to revive her. Now while Kuat has every right to press diplomatic channels to secure this property, it would be improper for us to do so."

"How can I be of service?" Tseneca looked a mixture of worried and confused.

"That brings me to the second problem Kristopher has returned home with. A woman identified by Kuati Sector Security as Coral Collatros has been arrested and detained." Arlyn was instantly handed a data padd by one of her aides, to which Arlyn passed it over, "Do you recognize her?"

"Yes, yes. She is a friend, Kris should've vouched for her?"

"Yes, he has and continues to do so." Arlyn smiled, "She has not been harmed, I assure you, but I need her to leave the Sector immediately. Would you allow Miss Collatros to leave aboard this Varonat vessel? We will not, nor will we grant any Republic ships into this sector to retrieve her, nor will any merchant ship captain dare risk the scrutiny of carrying her."

Bells added, "She's stuck in a political loophole and without my mother's help, she would've likely been executed. Coral is a spy, right?"

Tseneca shrugged, "I don't think I've met anyone without a better sense of honor-"

"An honor betrothed to the Republic, I'm afraid. According to my sources, your recent entanglement on Varonat has shown the quicksand of politics, and its a game that rarely allows anyone to win. If you allow Coral to leave on this vessel, she will retrieve the technology needed to restore Alisson to our family. A task she has committed herself to. When the promise has been completed, her charges will be pardoned and she will not face charges within any Imperial systems."

"I see," Tseneca looked away, "It's not my vessel to give away-"

"She can have it." Langdon answered instantly.

"Thank you," Arlyn said, "Now. Onto more pleasant discussions, shall we?" It would appear on cue, but all discreetly organized, a row of servants arrived to ferry them into the Estate, carrying their various belongings. Arlyn bent low to the ground to meet the young girl. "And what is your name?"

"Lilly. Lilly Langdon."
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, November 02nd 2011 02:05pm    Post subject:

Lilly, never one to be shy, was chattering mercilessly to Arlyn as they crossed the threshold of the estate into the main hall. Free of his daughter, Jonathan took Tseneca's hand as they followed the matron of the house and her collective.

"Are you alright?" he asked softly, squeezing her hand.

She looked up at him and smiled. "In the span of five minutes, I've found out that my friends are alive and well... Im floating on air." She wouldn't tell him about her vision; he didn't need to know.

He grinned back. "I'm glad for you."

They were led to a small parlor where Arlyn gestured them to take a seat. They did, and Lilly hopped onto Tseneca's lap, making herself comfortable.

"I've already been brought up to speed concerning the events on Varonat." Arlyn said, and poured something hot into a few cups, handing them out individually. "Let me assure you that along with your allegience to the Pallanen-Davads, Tseneca, you have the power of my political backing."

Tseneca nodded, taking a cup. "I fear I may need it sooner rather than later, as it behooves my cousin to knock me off of my thyferran pedestal, so to speak."

Arlyn nodded. "Thats usually they case with this sort of thing." She turned to Jonathan. "And you, Viceroy. Isabel tells me your now in dire need of work. I must say, I have ample space for a man of your qualifications."

"Thats very generous of you." Jonathan replied.

"It's not much from the start, merely a post as a defense secretary; but I believe you'll find the political ramifications to be... challenging, at best."

"I'm greatful, My lady, truly. Both of us are." He reached forward and ran a hand through Lilly's hair.

Arlyn sat back, satisfied. She looked at the three of them with a look on her face that suggested irony, and Tseneca couldn't help but feel as if she'd walked into a family that was very much not her own. She was suddenly very third wheel and wondered if Arlyn was thinking the same thing.

"I'll set the three of you up in one of the little town houses on the outskirts of the city, how would that sound?" The older woman asked. "That way you can be close to call, Secretary Langdon, and Tseneca as well...?"

And that took the bullet. "I-- You misunderstand. We--- this isn't--" Tseneca was stuttering. There was very little grace in telling Arlyn that she was doing little more than playing house.

Arlyn waved her hand, dismissively. "No need to explain, I am a thouroughly modern woman, after all. I was merely suggesting you'd like your privacy, and rather than staying in the guest suites indefinitely, you'd be more comfortible in your own living space. Not that I can't spare the room, mind you."

Jonathan put a hand on Tseneca's arm to still her. "Again, you are a most generous hostess."

Arlyn gave him a look of mock indifference. "I'm your boss now, Mr. Secretary, generosity has nothing to do with it."

Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, November 28th 2011 10:38pm    Post subject:

The "little town-house" that the Telburn Domo showed them that afternoon was gravely understated. Tseneca stood in the doorway as Jonathan walked into the entry hall, Lily bouncing like the excited little girl she was.

The neighborhood they had pulled up in had an old world suburban feel, pretty two story houses brightly colored and crammed together side by side like a pod of fish. The cobblestone walks and tree lined streets spoke of comfort, but something about it made her anxious. Now, inside the warmly lit interior of one of these sardine houses her anxiety rose to a much higher level, and she breathed in heavily.

The Telburn had left, and Lilly was tugging on her hand, wanting to show her the elaborate carvings on the wooden banister on the stair case. Tseneca stooped, humoring her, and pointed out things about the carving that Lucas would have explained better. She spoke endearingly, but half-heartedly, and in a second felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Lilly, sweetheart, run upstairs and figure out which room you think you would like." Jon smiled down at his daughter and Tseneca stood, brushing her knees off as Lilly scampered up the staircase.

Jon looked at her, a little concerned, but not blatantly.
"Are you alright?"

She tried to smile a little. "Its... this situation. Its a little..."

"Strange." He finished for her. "I know. I didn't think that Arlyn would be so... accomodating." His eyes fixed on her. "If your are uncomfortible in any way, we could--"

She put a hand on his arm, at once comforted. Jonathan Langdon wasn't a forward man, and he was the least volatile person she knew. There was no reason for her to be afraid of him. "It's alright." She said softly. "I guess its just that things are changing so quickly."

He tilted his head and looked around the room. "You think because your ship is gone, that your friends have disbanded that you have to settle?"

"Not have to." She corrected. "I'm wondering if maybe its time." She absently placed a hand on her belly. "I can do better work for the Alliance here, I can be of use to Arlyn and Lucas if I stay in one place. Not to mention my training." or the brotherhood... She thought this, but said nothing. Remaining on Kuat would give her a stragegical advantage if anything, so she could keep in touch with Queen Nappolian and work closely with the Pallanen-Davads while she waited out the remainder of her internment. She had a long way to go yet, she was barely into her first trimester.

"Are you going to take back the regency?" Jonathan asked. "Your far safer here than on Thyferra should your cousin try anything."

She shook her head. "If I need to, I can make it to Thyferra in one jump. They don't need me there, and of course your right. Without the Leaper the best thing I can do is stay in one place. I'll contact K'nika and Minerva soon." She looked around, thoughtful. "At any rate, I'm still under Kyp's custody for my continuous failures as a padawan. I'm not even sure if the council would let me leave without him."

"Good point."

She started to walk up the carpeted stair case, but Jon took hold of her wrist lightly. "I'd never do anything to hurt you, you know that right."

She looked at him, her heart feeling full, and all at once very heavy. "You barely know me, Jon. How can you assume to know what could hurt me?"

His face held a look of patience and a sensuality she hadn't taken note of before. It was the look of someone enamored; and she wished to god she didn't feel the same way. It complicated matters. "You know what I'm trying to say, but your being evasive."

She stepped back down to his level. "Always the politician. You go from one planet to the other and you can switch gears so easily. Me, I've always been..." She gestured soundlessly upward, as if space was some expanse on the ceiling. "...you'll forgive me if an art deco townhouse in a suburb of one of the most influential imperial cities in the galaxy, with a handsome and charming, almost irritatingly perfect government official phases me a little bit." She smiled, trying to let him know she was teasing, but only by half.

He pulled her close, wrapping his arms around her waist and toying with her hair. "You're a trouble maker, Tseneca Lowry-Fink. You think this irritatingly perfect government official doesnt find that the least bit intimidating? You're bad for business... and if I'm not mistaken, very much on the rebound."

She stiffened. Sethe. That was definitely a judgement call, for sure. "I'm not on the rebound." She said, and pushed his hands away from her gently. "If thats what you think-- "

He sighed. "I was joking, Tseneca, relax."

She shook her head. "I'm sorry. I just--"

He took her hand and pulled her up the stairs. "You just need a shower, a change of clothes and some food. C'mon. Lets see what Lilly came up with in the way of bedrooms."

She went along with him, covering both flights close behind. They walked through the hallway of the second floor checking each bedroom for the little girl. All of them were empty.

"Now where..."

Jon stopped before the master bedroom, opening the door in time to see Lilly bouncing on the enormous canopy bed. She flopped down on her backside and patted the blanket, looking like she was about to be eaten by the bed itself.

"This one Daddy! This one's my room."

Tag: Alex, kyp
 Back to top »
Isabel Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, December 08th 2011 01:56am    Post subject:

Things were supposed to stop when she came home, they were supposed to slow down, enough for her to relax and regain her old personality of carelessness, but then again, it was never truly that way, and maybe it could never be that way again. The galaxy had changed, and it was time to stop pretending like it would go back to what it was a year ago, just a swirl of happy, peaceful bliss. Isabel scooped up her jacket, the morning was early enough that she'd need it, before taking one of the smaller speeders. A few of the estate servants asked if she needed a driver, but honestly, she needed to do this herself. She had felt like she had been at the mercy of foreign hands far too long, and the simple liberty of driving any where, felt good.

Still, she stopped at the small property her mother had given to Langdon, who was currently hosting Tseneca. Isabel had sensed Lumiya's message, it was channeled through Lucas to the other Jedi, and she was curious to see if Tseneca had felt it as well. She stopped, nodding towards the private security force perched in the distance. Most didn't even notice them, at least, the offworlders never did, but those accustomed to Kuati security standards knew they were never too far, nor ever out of ear or eye shot.

She paused at the door, checking her chronometer, it was early, but it couldn't be that early. She hit the chime.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 02:54am    Post subject:

Tseneca lurched awake at the sound of the chime. It took her a second to realize it was coming from her own house.

"Oh lord." She muttered and flung the covers off of herself, sliding her feet into slippers and fastening her dressing gown around her. She felt a hand on her wrist.

"let the doorman get it..." He rose on his elbow, barechested and scruffy with sleep. She smiled at him, and gently shook him loose. He laid back down and rolled over. She shook her head in mock irritation. It wasn't that early.

She tread down the stairs, pausing only once to glance into Lilly's real room, just down the hall from her father's... and her own, as of last night. It hadn't taken much pursuading, matched with the glow orbs and pink wall paper that now lined the little girl's bedchamber.

With the child settled, Jonathan had broken that last barrier. It had been so late when they'd finished moving furnishings around, getting moved in. She'd gone up to a seperate chamber, the one she'd assumed would be hers, at least for a while longer.

"Really?" he'd asked her gruffly, following her to the stairs. "After all this?"

She looked at him, suddenly feeling flushed. "Jonathan, I don't..."

But his expression made her halt mid-sentence. It was so soft... filled with a longing that made her feel weak in an instant, and churlish. instead, she whispered half to herself, "What's the rush?"

His face leveled with hers, looking up at her from the bottom of the stairwell. "There's none." He said, but his voice was thick with a sincerity that pushed her over the line she'd drawn for herself.

She held a hand out for him and he took it, trailing behind her to his room.

What followed then wasn't nearly as simple as she's expected. He'd taken her by the waist and kissed her , touched her, so gently and with so much passion that it took her breath away. She could count the number of men she'd been with on one hand, an comparatively, it was Jonathan Langdon who excelled at being the most devoted lover. At the same time, she knew he was nervous, that the count of women he had taken since his wife's death was minimal at best, but she was patient. She wanted to be. with Sethe, sex was a war, fierce and pasionate. With Emmet, it had been brief... exhilarating but dangerous. With Jonathan it was as if she had lost her conscious self, worn away that thing that kept her from feeling. Like some kind of magic.

So now, she was sleepy but content to roam about with the light feeling the evening had brought to her. they'd talked so late in each other's arms... she didn't even remember falling asleep...

The door chimed again.

"Coming! coming..." She took the last two steps as one and unlatched the door. She breathed a small sigh of relief that the peace wouldn't be broken by any kind of off-putting politics or needs.

"Bella." She said, and welcomed the young woman in. "What brings you here?"

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Kuat » Pallanén-Davad Estate - Kuat City - Kuat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: