Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
RPG Plots for Early 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » RPG Plots for Early 2012
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, December 27th 2011 03:00pm    Post subject: RPG Plots for Early 2012

Figured we could use a new thread to get the ball rolling on some plots for the New Year.

Any ideas?
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, December 27th 2011 10:58pm    Post subject:

Eh look! A new plot thread! :P

I have one potential idea at the moment, though it would probably be better if it were carried out by a smaller number of player characters rather than throwing it open to as many as we can get.

I've been thinking about possibilities involving Former-Admiral Pellaeon, assuming CMAC doesn't have plans for him. Especially ones that might give him a push he might need to get involved.

One idea, especially after seeing the introduction of Cassi. The idea being that Cassi leads a team to abduct (or, if that doesn't fit into Zend's plans, assassinate) Pellaeon, and either somehow some piece of information leaks out allowing someone to be there and intervene, or people who just happen to be on the planet or nearby manage to put a stop to it (or, possibly, if we wanted to, leave an opening so that it's possible Cassi's team succeeds if the RPing actually leads things in that direction).

I'll be sure to let you know if any other ideas pop up.

So, anyone else have any possible plot ideas?
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, December 27th 2011 11:40pm    Post subject:

We do have something... loosely planned for Pellaeon, so assassination wouldn't quite work out. :p

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, December 27th 2011 11:54pm    Post subject:

The main/preferred idea was an attempted abduction, anyway. I just added the assassination possibility in there in case the former isn't something Zend keeps in her playbook.
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, December 29th 2011 04:13am    Post subject:

Is Jabba's son alive or even canon? lol
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, December 29th 2011 05:46am    Post subject:

Rotta's definitely canon on some level, though whether he's actually still alive...that's a good question.
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, December 29th 2011 04:30pm    Post subject:

I doubt they'll kill a non-clone infant in TCW... :p

But maybe Jabba eats him later. Since, you know, eating frogs means he'll also eat sentient beings. For the evulz. (It was a Marvel comic somewhere)

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, December 29th 2011 05:34pm    Post subject:

Sentient beings in general, maybe, though I'd doubt Jabba would eat his own son.

I could see a case being made for Rotta dying at some point between the Clone Wars and Return of the Jedi, though. But frankly, I think we're pretty open to interpret things whatever way we want on the matter for the time being since there's no reference to the little lard ball outside of the current Clone Wars series at the moment that I'm aware of.
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, December 29th 2011 05:56pm    Post subject:

I thought we were talking about Rotta, not Ahs—oh... oh, I see. >_>

:p

Expand
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 02:19am    Post subject:

Hey!!! I'm back. I had a few ideas for leapers, but they involve world devestators, which I never heard back from admin about.... the email should be in the PM's I sent yous guys. Let me know!
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 03:24pm    Post subject:

I believe the son would have died at some point...even before ANH since well, Jabba is still known as male when Han meets him prior to the films. And remember, once a Hutt gives birth, they are referred to as female and Jabba is not, obviously.

That in itself raises some questions whether this son thing is even canon, but that's for another thread.
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 03:40pm    Post subject:

Um, the show is officially canon. It even overrides whatever book says Hutts are considered female after having babies. :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 03:51pm    Post subject:

Or it's just Lucas being a lazy ass that doesn't care about continuity.

I don't care what anyone says, too much has happened in the Clone Wars that contradicts stuff that was already established in canon. So much so, that it's nearly impossible to sort out the mess and to reasonably accept anything that happened in that kid's show as canon. I understand the need to entertain kids and to keep the Star Wars merchandising machine going, but where do you draw the line? It's totally ridiculous.

And think about this - the films trump all in terms of canon, including the cartoon series. And in the films, Jabba is referred to as a male, so there you go.

/end of rant
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 04:05pm    Post subject:

Han Solo wrote:
And think about this - the films trump all in terms of canon, including the cartoon series. And in the films, Jabba is referred to as a male, so there you go.

/end of rant

There's also indirect mention of female Hutts in the movies by way of Gardulla, so without the movies making mention of their status as a hermaphrodite species, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that while Jabba was Rotta's dad, there's still an unmentioned female Hutt somewhere that's Rotta's mom. I personally still wouldn't rule it out as a potential not-supported-by-canon theory considering that Wookieepedia mentioned Hutts apparently can still mate like other species.

Just saying...

Ex-Jedi and Captain of the Hive Queen
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 04:13pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Or it's just Lucas being a lazy ass that doesn't care about continuity.

Filoni. Lucas pitches random ideas, but it's Filoni who is responsible.

Quote:
I don't care what anyone says, too much has happened in the Clone Wars that contradicts stuff that was already established in canon. So much so, that it's nearly impossible to sort out the mess and to reasonably accept anything that happened in that kid's show as canon. I understand the need to entertain kids and to keep the Star Wars merchandising machine going, but where do you draw the line? It's totally ridiculous.

You can say that about a lot of canon. :p And ultimately, it's G-canon. Just like the PT. Just like the OT. Because George is more involved than say, in the novels.

Quote:

Except the convention that Hutts are called female after having children is not in the movie. Also, it could be Jabba just wanted to be called a male.
Quote:
Similar to worms, Hutts were hermaphrodites which meant they had both male and female reproductive organs.[9] As a result of this, gender was more of a case of a Hutt's deliberate decision or a viewer's deduction. Often, Hutts carrying children were referred to as female, though it was entirely up to the Hutt in question as to if the distinction was accepted or not. For instance, Jiliac was referred to as a female after becoming pregnant, but Popara and Zorba still considered themselves males after birthing their respective children.

Quote:
There's also indirect mention of female Hutts in the movies by way of Gardulla, so without the movies making mention of their status as a hermaphrodite species, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that while Jabba was Rotta's dad, there's still an unmentioned female Hutt somewhere that's Rotta's mom. I personally still wouldn't rule it out as a potential not-supported-by-canon theory considering that Wookieepedia mentioned Hutts apparently can still mate like other species.

I'm so glad I just ate, before reading about HUTT SEX. :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 06:49pm    Post subject:

Shayera Jendob wrote:
Filoni. Lucas pitches random ideas, but it's Filoni who is responsible.

Lucas still has to approve everything. Filoni can't do a damn thing without Lucas' consent. And even if Filoni did disagree with something because it plowed over established canon, Lucas can just swoop in and change it anyway. The guy has a track record of being a douche - just look at what he did to the OT. He doesn't care.

Shayera Jendob wrote:
You can say that about a lot of canon. :p And ultimately, it's G-canon. Just like the PT. Just like the OT. Because George is more involved than say, in the novels.

Actually, only the films(the novelizations, radio dramas, scripts) are G-canon. The Clones Wars series falls under something called T-canon, which is one tier under the films.

So, really, if you want to get technical, the only thing that is absolute canon are the films and that's it.
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 06:56pm    Post subject:

Well, it still overrides all guidebooks and novels that say Hutts are either parthenogenic or consider themselves female after having kids. :p

I mean, if they do reproduce sexually (like most hermaphroditic species do), then Jabba's just the "father." Of course, picturing how little Rotta was conceived might be traumatizing... <_<

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 07:03pm    Post subject:

I'm just going with what I know. Some kid's show isn't going to rewrite something that stood for years just because Lucas or someone else high up on that ivory tower got bored and wanted to sell toys. And admit it, you've seen them out there - little Rotta plush toys made up like a backpack that kids can carry around on their back.

Call me stubborn or say that I'm making up my own personal canon, but it is what it is. I'm sick of trying to make up excuses for something that changed suddenly after being a certain way for years.
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 09:04pm    Post subject:

Hey, so am I. But we don't decide canon. That's why I don't like playing by canon. :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 10:35pm    Post subject:

Han Solo wrote:
I'm just going with what I know.

What I know never involved anything about Hutts universally being referred to as female once they had a kid. Today is actually the first time I've ever heard about it, and I have no idea where you're getting your information on the subject.

I can even recall a series of books, as bad a memory as they are, involving Jabba's dad Zorba. And not once is he ever referred to as female, in spite of Wookieepedia saying that Jabba's not even his only kid. And Zorba's got references beyond said book series at this point, too.

So it's not just a matter of the latest series overriding this "Hutts with kids are female" thing that, as far as I'm aware, feels like it's coming out of nowhere.
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 10:39pm    Post subject:

And again, I don't know that Hutts are parthenogenic. They may shift genders, but they may still reproduce sexually. And if we keep bringing this up, I will continue to mention sexual reproduction vis-à-vis Hutts. :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 10:48pm    Post subject:

It was in the Han Solo Trilogy books by AC Crispin. It mentions the leader of the Desiljic clan(or however you spell it) and how he was male. And then once he had a kid, he turned female and Jabba was disgusted by the notion of having a child and changing like that. Ever since then, he planned to kill the child and rid himself of such a reviled thing.

From that alone, I got the impression that Jabba would never even dream of having a kid, which is where I'm having issue with the whole thing. But like we argued above, it's all how you interpret canon and what you want to believe. Jabba from the Clones Wars is obviously more important than the heartless prick we see in the novels.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 10:48pm    Post subject:

*Points at Han*

She started it!

Seriously, though, I don't think the matter of whether Rotta ever existed at all matters that much if there's no argument that he'd even still be alive by this point if he ever even did exist.

My suggestion on the matter is to say that as far as the Unity timeline is concerned, Rotta did exist at some point, but died at some indeterminate point prior to Episode IV.

It's not like there's a shortage of Hutts to work with if we need them for one reason or another, canon or otherwise.
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 10:52pm    Post subject:

I guess my anger stems from the whole Clone Wars series in general - can't stand it and it's only making things worse with how it's trumping all over canon. I wish it would just go away.

But yeah, we should probably get back to discussing plots and such. I had my time to vent and get it off my chest. :p
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, December 30th 2011 10:58pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It was in the Han Solo Trilogy books by AC Crispin. It mentions the leader of the Desiljic clan(or however you spell it) and how he was male. And then once he had a kid, he turned female and Jabba was disgusted by the notion of having a child and changing like that. Ever since then, he planned to kill the child and rid himself of such a reviled thing.

Well, that just means Jabba doesn't want to switch off his... err, whatever Hutts have to function as male gonads. :p

Quote:
From that alone, I got the impression that Jabba would never even dream of having a kid, which is where I'm having issue with the whole thing. But like we argued above, it's all how you interpret canon and what you want to believe. Jabba from the Clones Wars is obviously more important than the heartless prick we see in the novels.

Actually, I have to confess... I gagged a little when reading an article about some clone who "died cradled in Vader's arms" after being shot by Rebel sympathizers. No, seriously... Vader had a bro-crush on him because they served together in the Clone Wars (and the clone had no idea who was under the mask, but looked up to Anakin). And held him and reassured the clone while he was dying.

Then he chopped up the Rebels with his lightsaber. But... yeah. The same one that strangles guys and used to think nothing of burning away an entire Stormtrooper division... the epic evil badass from the OT is made too gray. :(

But back to Jabba, while he may have found the idea of bearing a child unappealing, he might not have been overly bothered by siring one. And since Rotta isn't a clone (as he would be from asexual reproduction)... well... Jabba got him some slimy Hutt lovin'. :p

Quote:
*Points at Han*

He started it!

Yes, yes she did.

Quote:
Seriously, though, I don't think the matter of whether Rotta ever existed at all matters that much if there's no argument that he'd even still be alive by this point if he ever even did exist.

Odds are he was in Evil Hutt Bastard Crime Lord School during the OT, thus explaining his absence on Tatooine. :p

Quote:
My suggestion on the matter is to say that as far as the Unity timeline is concerned, Rotta did exist at some point, but died at some indeterminate point prior to Episode IV.

Or is perhaps on Nal Hutta, as he'd only be a scant 72 years old (which I think is still adolescence, at best, for a Hutt. He's in Hutt high school. :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » RPG Plots for Early 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: