Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Oxanna Cantina
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Corellian System » Oxanna Cantina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, August 09th 2009 04:22am    Post subject: Oxanna Cantina

Oxanna Cantina
Owned by Francis Dohart

For forty years the Oxanna Cantina has operated within the entertainment industry, with decades of profit, it’s been a sector hotspot. Live bands and the hottest music play constantly, keeping the vibrations at an enthusiastic high. Traders, smugglers, citizens from all walks of life join together for a beer, to play Sabaac, view and bet on the under-level Rancor pit, and some for the women of the stage.

It held everything a Cantina would: Alcohol and violence; it wasn’t as barbaric as say, Mos Eisley's reputation, but it certainly was within range. There was something about mainstream ‘Core-like Worlds, such as Corellia’ that needed a place like Oxanna. A place where drinks, gambling, and even lust would be tolerated, and profited from.

It lasted, though unknown to most people, because the owners held a respected relationship with Cor Sec Patrols, and Thrackan Sal-Solo himself. In exchange for information on crime, or other circuits of business, the cantina was allowed to operate near tax-free.

It was a place to lose your life savings on a single Podrace, or years without a single trace of luck, win big; enough to live a life filled with the finest of luxuries. Betting was everything here, something Francis Dohart understood. His hands were in everything, the Sabaac games, podracing, the dancer’s tips and wages, to every conversation within the club.

He prided himself in owning the most successful underground business in the Corellian Sector. His favorite aspect of the cantina, however, wasn’t the profits, the connections or the atmosphere. It was Starbright. A beautiful, green Twi’lek dancer that developed a sensational singing voice. Her career is likely to soar, but a contract with Francis and the Oxanna, has proved difficult to leave.

She enjoys her job, nonetheless, the attention and the public light. Many men travel from across the galaxy, just to hope to be the man she will choose to dance for. Likened to the voice of an angel, she still carries the cast of a demon of seduction. Some will report the same beneath the sheets…

Whether one enjoys the luck of the Sabaac tables, the exotic beverages, or the beauty of Starbright, the odds are, there is something everyone will find engaging.
 Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Tiara

Post Posted: Sun, August 09th 2009 05:56am    Post subject:

Nostalgia was for people who didn't have anything better to do. Working undercover on Corellia, I didn't have the luxury of casting a nostalgic eye back ten years to when the Empire and Republic became the Galactic Union. Of course, I had been sixteen at the time and couldn't have given a flying frak about the state of affairs in the Galaxy. Growing up on Bastion, I was nestled behind the best defences the Empire had to offer.

It seemed that I was one of the only people that didn't feel the desire to think about the past. With the exception of one incredibly twitchy bartender, everyone seemed to be in the spirit of co-operation. Ironically enough, it was the reason why I was here. Three prominent criminal enterprises were in a sharing mood, which didn't bode well for peace and justice in the galaxy.

I had been on Corellia for several months now, establishing contacts and infiltrating the underworld. It wasn't the most glamorous of jobs, but it was a refreshing change from ferrying around overpaid politicians or surveilling the same types because they were accepting bribes. I was in deep enough to require the absence of a wire, but for this particular operation I was equipped with an inner ear transmitter, which wasn't visible from the exterior and transmitted messages directly along my auditory nerve.

As I waited for the night to get interesting, I orded a Corellian ale and kept a keen but inconspicuous eye on what was going on in the rest of the bar.

Expand
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, August 09th 2009 01:17pm    Post subject:

Tseneca Lowry-Fink could cut the smoke and stale odors circulating around the room with a knife. It was disgusting. She didn't drink, in fact the only reason she had come to Oxanna was to see if she could score a job or something to boost her own personal expenditures. It had cost way to much to outfit the Blight Leaper with a new stabilizer brace after that assault in the Y'Toub system not four days ago. The fifteen thou she'd gotten from the job didn't even begin to cover damages done by the crossfire off of Nar Shadda, no hutt would have paid her a single cred if she'd shown up without a scratch on her frigate.

At this point there was no telling what had brought her back to Corellia. Too much was insinuated in her being here, she felt herself weak to the fact that she knew what was at stake in her subconsious. It was painful, She wanted to find him, and coming back here every few years both levened her hope and terrified her. One clue, maybe he'd returned...

The band was playing too loudly, and Tseneca went to the opposite side of the crowded room up to the bar. Her mal-adjusted gaze skimmed the cantina. To her right, past a gathering of luminescent Sabacc tables sat a modestly sized group of people speaking to one another in hushed tones. She made a mental note of it and turned to the bar, where the barkeep was wiping at dirty glasses with an already filthy sham. Somewhere, in the back of her mind, a sensation flickered to life. She shook her head; it sputtered and died.

"What can i do you for" The barkeep set the glass down and leaned on his elbows. He was fat, balding, and had a sweaty antzy look about him. Immediately she disliked him.

"Water, thats all". She said continuing to look at the people surrounding her. People crowded the bar, there was a handsome young man a few feet over, clean shaven and barely out of his teens; he was drinking something colorful. She smiled to herself, amused at the way he carried himself. The boy stook out like a republic cruiser in hutt space.

"You from around here?"

She turned back to the barkeep. He was irritating her, but no more then the flickering bulb of uneasiness that continued to spring to life at the base of her skull. She looked down, her eye caught the slide grating of a rancor pitt built into the floor, she shivered.

"No." she said with finality, her eyes fixed on his darty brown ones. "I'm from a long way off."
 Back to top »
Gavin Young
Benji

Post Posted: Sun, August 09th 2009 01:42pm    Post subject:

The dull thumping sound of calf-high combat boots making solid contact with the ground outside the cantina echo through the small foyer. The pushing open of the doors finally marks the entrance of Gavin Young. Dressed in jungle camouflage-style cargo trousers tucked into his tall combat boots, and a simple, if tight-fitting, black t-shirt, the tall individual does not seem at all interesting, even the blaster pistol strapped to his hip is one of average make. However to a small crowd of three humans, two male with one female all similarly dressed, his entrance is rather important.

The female and one of the males stand immediately and settle into a stance very close to a military ‘attention’ stance, with their legs together but their hands behind their backs. The remaining male only offers a small nod, “glad you could join us Ops. We were having a rather fun party and we’d hate for you to miss out.”

A slight chuckle from the grey-haired man followed by a nod, “just how many guests do we have to cater for?” The group settle back down onto their chairs, Gavin slowly joining them after signalling to one of the biological wait-staff to approach the table. Their conversation dead for the moment Gavin orders another round of drinks, consisting of two ales for the men, one scotch for the lady and a Tatooine Sunburn for Gavin.
Upon delivery and the departing of the waiter, the man that remained seated rests his elbow on the table in front of him and frowns, his voice hushed, “six, maybe seven at the north exit.” A frown from Gavin who gestures slowly for the man to continue, “small army at the south exit, the one you just came in from.”

Raising a spoon slightly from the table and angling it towards the southern entrance, from whence he had come, Gavin can make out several figures lurking around the entrance, “damn it. How could I miss them?” He sighs and shakes his head, finally taking a sip from his beverage, “good work Spook.”

The man identified as Spook nodded solemnly, though with an edge of pride to the smile playing at his lips. Gavin turns slightly to the woman seated next to him, sipping from her Duros scotch, “since when did you go for the fine spirits Boomer?”

The tanned woman chuckles softly and shakes her head, “since I realised it’s easier to get blind drunk offa these than it is straight ale.” Boomer shrugs and takes another swig of her scotch, “besides, it won’t wipe the lining off my stomach like that Sunburn… you want to be awake for this, or let us handle the whole thing?”

Gavin shakes his head and sighs, “no, I’m not gonna leave you guys to fight it out amongst yourselves. Plenty of time for that when I’m gone and you folks are lost without me.”

He turns to look at the final member of their party, one who had remained silent. He is silent still, but gestures slightly to the woman at the bar that had walked in just behind Gavin, “she looks like your type Ops.”

Gavin raises an eyebrow and follows the man’s gaze, “uh, Hammer? I think you need your eyes checked. She’s like… twelve.”

The man, Hammer, shrugged and grinned sheepishly, “well, that’s legal on Ryloth.”

Boomer rolled her eyes and lent forward, slapping Hammer on the side of the head, “since when are you the nymphomaniac?”

Spook leans back slightly, “well, that’s a big word for you Boomer! Finally read a book eh?”

Gavin chuckles and shakes his head, “not likely. Probably some trashy Holonet crap she gets sent from her girlfriends in the Rim.”

Boomer looks at Gavin with an expression of mock pain, “you wound me Ops, you really do.” She shrugs and slams back the scotch, resting the glass back on the table, “I read. How else would I be able to build and detonate a det-pack in under fifteen minutes?”

Gavin and Spook look at each other, and Gavin offers but a small shrug, “fair point.”

Boomer nods proudly and leans back in her chair, “exactly.” She stretches her fingers out and gently grips the table, pulling herself closer, “and how else would I know that there’s another team operating in here?”

Expand
 Back to top »
Arden Vrass
Tacky

Post Posted: Sun, August 09th 2009 02:40pm    Post subject:

The Sullustan looked to be out of place, and he looked like he knew it. Small, hunched in front of glass of Sullustan Gin, not appearing to look at his surroundings. He didn't look like he was even paying attention to those around him. This was all a pose, of course. Arden knew exactly how to fit into places like this. This was his level of society, and he knew just how to work. And he was keeping an ear out for everything. He had to identify the proper people. Arden had been going through a bad run of luck ever since he came to the Corellian Sector 2 months ago. Any of the leads he'd picked up on had already been well picked over, and a few times he'd found Pirates waiting for him. Arden wasn't about to get caught by the likes of them, but he didn't like it. And then there was the undecurrent of malice. Corellian's didn't like foreigners, and didn't like Aliens. He had the misfortune of being both.

Arden sighed, throwing back another drink. Maybe he should just call tonight over, and head back to the Sweeper. The Sullustan sighed, waving toward one of the Server's.

"Another Sullustan Gin."

The Human gave him a slightly superior look, but went for his drink.

"Blighted Sector. Should have never come here."
 Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, August 09th 2009 11:22pm    Post subject:

Her grandfather would have described the scene as a sea of black pebbles, and nestled in the middle, a pure pearl. Surrounded by thugs, gamblers, spice vendors, rancor-savages, and perverts from the runway, Coral sat with her legs crossed. They were the sea of black pebbles, she thought, sipping the edge of her drink.

She would rather be on Coruscant, Republic Intelligence, fishing through hours of recorded conversations, programming several new algorithms to decipher speech patterns. Instead, she was chosen for an interplanetary assignment, that would result, if the mission had succeeded, the internal collapse of three major crime syndicates.

At home, she was the typical Republican slicer: glasses, a perfect uniform, flawless career record, and the sudden scribbled epiphanies that resulted in code-breakthroughs.

Here, though, she was the pearl of the black sea.

She recalled the day after her academic classes when her grandfather had taught her the parable. To be the pearl, were both a curse, and a blessing. One of the blessings, however, was the easy transformation a pearl could make, to appear as the black, rusted pebbles.

Her attire was nothing she would’ve worn on Coruscant, but here within Corellia’s underworld, eyes would skip right over her. Coral brushed back her hair, in a futile attempt to keep it out of her eyelashes. The smuggler-type appearance she held bore very little sex-appeal, after all, she didn’t need that much attention.

She scratched the side of her nose, sniffing as though she had inhaled several milligrams of a random drugdust. Her fingers skimmed over the gambling terminal, hitting the cash-out button. In the two hours she had been here, she managed to make nearly 1, 458 credits. The odds, were calculable.

A server droid approached her, it lingered longer than it needed, which suggested that Cantina Security was probably watching her. Afterall, she was doing pretty well, for what seemed like a drug-induced low-class woman.

Betting 800 credits on the least possible odds, she pissed away the small fortune, and crinkled in anger. It wasn’t too showy, but enough for the droid to move along.

“We’ve got a few guards at the northern entrance, I’m not sure how many we can make,” her voice whispered into the New Republic’s intercom system, “I’m positive there are at least five, maybe more.”

She changed gambling machines, and waited for orders from her team leader…
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Sun, August 09th 2009 11:38pm    Post subject:

Ten years. Who’d’ve thought that this crazy unification idea would last this long? But it has, and it’s gone by as smooth as… Sean Tavell glanced down at the drink in his hand, sloshing the liquid around as he thought. …Well, as smoothly as this brandy slides down my throat. He drained the cup, feeling the slight burn of alcohol as he did so. How he loved it.

Wow. Ten years. Where was I…. the temple. Seventeen years old. Alcohol had just been introduced to my life. I loved it almost as much as I do now. If I remember correctly, I spent most of the day hung-over. Sean laughed quietly to himself at the memory. He was leaning up against the bar, and got a few odd looks from the surrounding patrons, but he didn’t care. He was here to relax, simple as that.

He had spent the past few months on assignment from the Council, and he had missed his Corellian Brandy something fierce. Sure, being in the Jedi allowed him to try all sorts of exotic drinks, but nothing topped his home-world’s brandy.

Francis Dohart’s Oxanna Cantina was not the most reputable place, but it offered Sean everything he wanted in life—brandy, women, and the occasional fight. Classier joints tended to frown upon the latter two, and Sean had been extremely pleased when he stumbled across this seedy little cantina. He often visited here whenever he had the chance.

It took him a moment to flag down the barkeep for some more brandy. While he waited, a fairly drunk man next to him grabbed Sean’s arm and started to speak. “Ya’know… I’m not just any patron, no sir. I’m an officer… I am keeping tabs on someone, yeshiree.” Sean hated these sorts. Once his glass was filled, he tossed some credits on the counter, patted the officer on the arm, and moved off into the smoke and the haze without another word. He let his Jedi training kick in against his better judgment and began to scan the cantina, looking for any threats or, more importantly, any attractive women.

He didn’t see much. Any woman that was pretty enough for his taste struck him as just a bit too easy and he liked a challenge. So, he abandoned the idea of finding a lady for the night. Instead he glanced over the other cantina dwellers. There were several groups that could possibly be of interest. His eyes fell on a certain seedier bunch. Criminals, perhaps?

They soon left his attention, however. He had neared the dancer’s runway, and two women were discussing some issues they were apparently having with the club’s layout. It appeared that several entrances in the dancer’s area backstage were viewed as infringements upon their privacy. Most interesting. They had also decided to take it to Francis himself, but… well, everything seemed to stop, for Starbright came on stage now. For all his excuses, she was the reason Sean made sure to drop by this place every time he was on Corellia. Starbright was simply… breathtaking.

Wordlessly, Sean moved past the other dancers and towards the stage. Her dancing was beyond anything Sean had yet seen… and he had seen his fair share of dancers. Her voice was magical, capturing his heart with each note. She had a quite singular effect on him, and he didn’t know if he liked it. It was perfectly fine in his mind, however, because he liked her.

Sean had managed to acquire a seat on the runway, and was quite proud of it. He only had to ‘influence’ one drunken man to get it. He sipped on his brandy, something he rarely did, as his eyes followed her up and down the runway. At one moment, their eyes met, and from then on Sean could swear that she held his gaze exclusively. Starbright even stopped in front of Sean, kneeling down and singing a bit directly to him. It was quite otherworldly, and Sean had to admit she seemed rather fantastic.

And then, as quickly as that magical few minutes happened, she flashed him a coy smile and turned, not to look at him the rest of her routine. Inevitably she finished, and the drunken applause around the walkway was deafening. More power to them. No doubt they’d be drooling and begging her to take them back stage with her. Sure, Sean would die for that chance, but… really… it wasn’t worth breaking his cool over.

And so he went back to his brandy. It came as a slight shock when two soft arms wrapped gently around his neck from behind. He tensed, his training kicking in, but then a soft voice sounded in his ear, and he found himself quite relaxed. “Hey. What say you and I head backstage for a bit? You seem to like your brandy, and I have some simply delectable stuff.” Starbright had invited him backstage. Now that was something Sean hadn’t seen happen too often.

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Avi made graciously by Carn
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 03:54am    Post subject:

The holo-news anchors chimed in, with feeds from a decade of peace and love across the galaxy. Lucas rolled his eyes, taking a sip from the Naboo-inspired beverage. It was all fine and dandy, but things weren’t as great as people were celebrating about. Things were still wrong, corruption still and would forever exist. Lucas was a freedom fighter, but only at the very core of his heart. He had lived a long, and luxurious lifestyle. He had flown starships from his mother’s lap, while building and experimenting with droid components, at his father’s side, before he could even walk. Though Damian would testify that he merely held the parts, versus doing anything productive. At first, he had found it difficult to take the mantel in the pursuit of justice.

He is one of three heirs to the largest shipyard in the galaxy. His future would, and would always be, financially secure. He had enough credits to last several lifetimes, but all of that, was locked away. His parents had a different idea of achieving the family inheritance. Jedi Training. Almost a year ago today, Lucas had been chosen by Anakin Solo, to follow and prepare for the life as a Jedi. To learn, to study, and to grow into the role that has kept and fed prosperity to the known galaxy. To protect the values, and safeguard the Galactic Union, into a health and prosperous future.

Damian and Isabel, the other two of his triplet birth, were also Jedi students. Bella, a family penname for Isabel, was serving in the Hapes Cluster, while Damian chose an assignment on Naboo. Their family, despite the bizarre quest for KDY or Cybot Galactica, has left them nowhere, but within a stronger bond. Even now, Lucas could feel Bella and Damian. His sister was resting inside a peaceful REM sleep, while Damian seemed to be enjoying himself in some sort of fitness activity. Twins were a rare gift in the galaxy, but triplets, even moreso. Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo understood the divine connection, and so had Jaina and Jacen Solo.

In one of their latest holo-conferences, his brother had suggested the Nabirre Daiquiri. It turned out to be a colorful drink, and extremely potent in its alcohol percentage. In fact, only a few sips had produced an interesting buzz.

“My boy, my boy,” the drunk smuggler rounded on his shoulders again, laughing hysterically at a new, gungan-minded joke, “Lucas, Lucas!” Adverting his attention, he managed to catch the entrance of a beautiful older woman, “Have you seen the asteroid belt around the Hoth System? Do you think Bulldog over here, would be able to navigate it?”

Bulldog was a member of a dwarfed nearhuman species, that resembled something from a child’s amusement park, than an ace pilot. Lucas chugged the last part of his drink, and answered truthfully, “I doubt he’d be able to find his way through a bantha’s ass.” Lucas laughed at his own playful banter, and realized that maybe he may have had too much to drink.

After all, he wasn’t here to rebel against Kuat’s style of fine dining, but to locate the killer of Senator Della Donn of the planetary system Sol. Leaving the dwarf to huff and puff with his gang, Lucas wandered over to the gambling tables. In the distance, he could hear the green twi’lek, Starbright, finish her solo, while a crowd of lusting old men, hooped and hollered. But, only one would receive the much desired goodnight kiss…

“Wanna party?” one of the dancers placed a flower collar around his neck, her fingers running down his chest, before touching the edge of her mouth, in a lame way.

Lucas only smiled, before running into an Alderaanian Poker Table. It wasn’t Sabaac, but it would do. “Whoooo!” He shouted at the new faces…
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 03:59am    Post subject:

"How far's that?" The old man continued. His audacity grated on Tseneca, but she knew by looking around that he wasn't the only scoudrel on the hunt for loose women. She was far from such.

"Far" She said with poignant finality. He took a hint, and she watched him cater to another patron leaning against the bar. She found it odd how anxious he looked as he sidled about; his hands shook as he handled tumblers filled with their noxious substances. It bothered her.

Yet still, the incessant throbbing near the back of her head. There had been a time, back on Thyferra when she was younger, when she'd played along with these feelings, these persistent distractions. She'd known when to get her hand out of the cookie jar, known when to duck her head because her brothers model swoop was coming at her, known when to get the pet out of the way when a speeder was racing past. Certainly her parents had noticed, but, like everything else, there was nothing that would disrupt business like a special-case child. A force-sensitive young girl made no exception.

Tseneca hated it. It was uncomfortable and distracting, so she tried her damnedest to push it as far away from her mind as possible. But then there were moments like these, persistent and desperate moments that fought against her characteristic denial and which put her on her toes no matter how she struggled against it. Moments that said something was about to go down, hard.

She gazed once again at the grating beneath her feet. The rancor pit was empty, the next brutal show wouldn't begin for another few hours. Barbaric she thought as he examined her nails and took a long drink from her water glass. The ringing in her ears, the throbbing of her cerebellum was growing intolerable.

She needed to find a job, soon, so she could go back to the ship and spend an hour in the 'fresher. Her stamina was waning, it was nearing midnight.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 02:06pm    Post subject:

"Double Twelve!!!" an overzealous gambler shouted, the crowd that had gathered, now fuelling Lucas and his game. "Stay? Or you can double up..." Lucas thought for only a fraction of a second, his ambitions relying solely on the Force.

"DOUBLE IT UP!" he shouted, pounding on the table, as the crowd cheered for another streak of luck. The cards appeared, and he rolled the dice. Double Twelve! Lucas had just won nearly 8,000 credits. He knew when to quit, besides, he needed something to cure the sensation that was building within him. "I'm out, man, I'm out. That's good enough for me." He flipped a few credit chips to the stranger nearby, wishing him luck, before moving away from the table.

Lucas planted his eyes on the older woman he had seen before, only this time, she had turned away some unlucky smuggler. Normally, Lucas probably would have avoided the situation, but the Force nudged him forward. Dropping into a seat on her right, he asked, "Can I buy you a drink? You look like you could use one.” He thought for a moment, before hitting the table, “I’m Lucas, and I didn’t mean that in an offensive way…”
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 02:16pm    Post subject:

Tseneca started at the voice at her elbow. The young man she'd seen, the pristine one with the colorful coctail in hand had edged over to her and was speaking. She found it hard to believe he was hitting on her, what was he, eighteen? She found it hard not to smile, he was covering for himself, trying to be a gentleman.

"You're a long way out of your league kid." she said, and set her water down. "quite a hot shot with those tables, huh? You look like someone who'd find better use of his time. your what, twelve or something?"

She wasn't trying to be rude, just wanted to play with him a bit. She'd been a rich kid in a bad place once too.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 02:31pm    Post subject:

"You're a long way out of your league kid," her voice was awfully downgrading him a bit, but thats when he noticed the water in her hand. He attempted to hold a straight face, but then she attacked his pride again, "Quite a hot shot with those tables, huh? You look like someone who'd find better use of his time. You're what, twelve or something?"

Lucas crossed his arms, holding his attempted glare for a moment, before bursting into a sudden fit of laughter. His hands slapped the tableside, the bartender bringing the third Nabirre Daiquiri around. He sipped it, before replying, "No! I just had double twelves though..." he laughed at his own pun, referring to the Alderaanian Poker game, "TWICE!"

Lucas gulped the drink down, it was easier, and faster this time around. A sudden roar erupted across the cantina, which caused him to jump. It was three minutes to midnight, and the rancor didn't seem too happy about it. "I offered you a drink because you're one of those...sad-looking people. Like, 'why am I here', kinda crowd. I am just trying lift the debbie-downers, ya know what I mean?" Without waiting for an answer, he said, “You remind me of someone, but I just can’t place it… I just ahh!”

A berry flavored shot appeared in front of them, Lucas pushing it towards her. “Fine, I won’t buy you a drink. I’ll just leave one of mine right in front of you, and if you want to drink it, you can….” His voice drifted, leaving it open for her name.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 02:59pm    Post subject:

"if you want to drink it, you can….”

"Tseneca" She gave him her name. He was harmless, if not totally drunk. Scratch that, he was absolutely hammered. She also didn't believe that bit about debbie-downers for one second, but she also knew he wasn't really hitting on her either. Question was, why was he talking to her. It was entertaining though.

"So, Princie." she said, talking down to him for effect. "This quarter of the system doesn't seem like your type... you got friends around here, or are you just looking to be babysat?

She scratched the back of her head. The pull was getting stronger as the hour got later. She looked harder at the young man next to her. There was something intriguing about him that she just couldn't lay a finger on. It was as if, behind that foppish look and wasted eyes, there lay a more compelling frame of reference. She would think on it later, she decided, after she gracefully put him down a couple notches.
 Back to top »
Jallorn
Jallorn

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 03:09pm    Post subject:

Jallorn entered the cantina, and headed for a seat immediately. His firelance bumped his chest a few times as he moved, but he barely noticed it, it was little more than confirmation of it's presence. Upon sitting, he checked his belt; four grenades, all there. A serving droid approached him, irritating things, worse than hutts, and he shooed it away. Reaching out with the force, Jallorn sensed his surroundings, before reatreating into his own thoughts quickly, "Two Jedi. Wonderful." He shifted in his seat to get a better look. One looked like he was getting drunk, and the other seemed occupied by a woman. "Shouldn't need the force too much on this one though." Looking around, Jallorn spotted his targets. As he started to get up however, a drunk ambling by seemed to take an interest in him.

"Hey, you're one a them madalorins, right? S'posed t'be great fighters an whatnot. You don look so tough, I could take you." Jallorn tried to shove his way past the man, to no avail. "Hey Nevin, take a look at this guy," the drunk calls out, "He thinks he's too good to talk to me."

"Maybe we should fix that," says another drunk Jallorn assumes to be Nevin.

"I assure you fine gentlemen, I have nothing but respect for you," Jallorn laces his next words with the force, "Now would you leave me alone?"

"Yeah, this guy's no fun Nevin, less leave im alone." Jallorn gave a sigh of relief, a fight at this stage could completely mess up his plan. He sat back down, there was no hurry.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 03:12pm    Post subject:

Lucas beamed at learning her name, but the barrage of playful insults, continued to bounce off of him. "My type?" Lucas looked around, seeing a wide variety of people that had collected here, "These are my kind of people, you think?" The question was entirely rhetorical, "This cantina rocks. I'm used of boring family parties, usually involving politics."

He thought of his homeworld, nestled deep within the core of the galaxy. He was a long way from home, but that didn't necessarily faze him either, at least, not at the moment. "I already have a babysitter, his name is Anakin." Lucky for him though, he wasn't here. "I could use a friend though," attempting to allude the fact he was here, serving a mission the Jedi Order had tasked for him. "Barkeep, barkeeeeep!"

A younger bartender appeared, "Can I please have some chips, I need something to eat. And whatever she wants..." he corrected, "Whatever Tseneca wants."

"And, what are you doing here, Tseneca?"
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 03:30pm    Post subject:

Tseneca was taken a back for a second.

"Anakin?" She raised her eyebrows. "Anakin Solo?" So the kid was a Jedi apprentice? That was an interesting development.

Her senses went off and she cringed slightly. This whole episode would have been way better without any type of force interference entirely. She gritted her teeth and her eyes caught a figure walking into the room. a mandalorian? here? How cliche something upset her about it though. she could tell the crowd was becoming uneasy. She mentally calculated the weight of the BlasTech DL44 power five at her hip and the PRAXX 2VX stealth nestled against the soft part of her forearm. No Problem she thought. She turned back to pretty boy jedi.

"A Jedi huh? Thats pretty impressive. If i were you though, i wouldn't wag that kind of information around, you might get into it with the wrong people."
She waved the bartender away. "I'm looking to make some money." she answered the kid. "need a job, I can't afford to stand around wasting my time betting tables and boozing around." She layed off him for a minute and leaned forward. "I hope you are fairly adept with that lightsaber of yours, though, it looks like things might get ugly." She nodded toward the figure in the Mandalor who was speaking with an abraisive drunk in the corner of the room.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 03:49pm    Post subject:

Anakin Solo? she had inquired, and Lucas nodded in response. He was somewhat legendary, when it came to the Jedi arts, but his name wasn't exactly a household denominator. She had some Jedi knowledge behind her beautiful skull, and the odds were, she had been in some kind of contact with a force sensitive.

Her tone dropped into something a little more serious, she suggested the mandalorian in the corner. He dropped a coy, uninterested look, "Don't be a racist. Just because he is all suited up, doesn't mean he's going to kill anybody." He teased, chomping on the newly arrived chips. They weren't bland, either, in fact, he decided he loved them.

"Wow, I think these chips...these chips right here, are the best chips in the whole galaxy." He ate one, then another slowly, as to enjoy the full impact into the tastebuds. His mind drifted away from the lightsaber comment, after all, he only had the thing for about two years. He was all right, not as gifted as Bella or Damian, but he managed his own in several spars. “What kind of work do you do? Wait, no, let me guess…” His mind drew several blanks, before shouting, “MAGICIAN!”
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 04:01pm    Post subject:

She gave the boy a look. Magician?. "Yep. Thats right. Im a friggin' magician" She took hold of the purple shot he'd bought for her and knocked it back. It burned like blaster bolts. She just didn't have the tolerance for alcohol, and it remained so since she'd had her first drink at a party on thyferra when she was fifteen. But the stuff relaxed her a little, and she was tired of the pang that barraged her mind. The boy, what did he say his name was? Lucas? He was naive. The mandalor was obviously pensive, or so it would seem. She did something she hadn't done in a long while. Closing her eyes and stretching out with the force she tried to probe the shadowed man. One of her father's friends had taught her to do this once, when she was a kid. She hated it, for her it was accepting a part of her she's foregone; but the worry in her mind was unrelenting, and so she gave it a go.

It was to little avail. Either she wasn't good at it, or the mandalor's helmet was too thick. She opened her eyes and turned back to Lucas. "I'm freelance." she said "I do whatever people want aside from killing and whoring myself and i get a pretty penny to do it. I can even make things dissapear, so yeah, im a frigging Magician." [/i]
 Back to top »
Sean Tavell
Chukles

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 04:12pm    Post subject:

Starbright’s chin now rested on his shoulder as she waited for an answer from Sean. There really was no thinking to be done. Her breath smelled sweet as it blew gently across his face. Her arms around his neck felt wonderful. However, might as well let her sweat it a bit. He downed his brandy quickly, once more relishing the feeling and the taste. His voice was quiet as he turned his head to the side and spoke. “Well, I’ve never been known to turn down a free brandy. Lead the way.”

Starbright flashed him a smile, obviously happy with his response. She took his hand and pulled him out of his chair. She then led Sean backstage as envious eyes followed. Luckily Sean wasn’t going to be on planet long. It seemed he may have made some enemies… though in all probability they were probably far too intoxicated to remember the next morning.

The backstage area was…nice, comparatively. Obviously the entertainment was taken decent care of. Sean also noticed a few entrances and exits that he had never noticed from the outside. Obviously Dohart highly valued the safety of his dancers. Sean asked Starbright about these exits, but she merely rolled her eyes. Apparently the dancers didn’t necessarily like having them back here. Odd.

However, thoughts of exits and secrets left this mind as the two entered her dressing room. Details were lost on Sean, for in this lighting, it became abundantly clear that Starbright’s outfit left little, if anything, to imagination. She wordlessly moved over to a cabinet, where she pulled out what Sean recognized as some fine brandy indeed. Equally silent, Sean leaned up against the wall and watched her. This had to be a dream. This night was too perfect not to be.

She sauntered over to him now, two glasses of brandy in her hands. Sean had to admit she knew how to walk. He was admitting a lot of things tonight, it seemed. He took the glass offered him with a nod of thanks, and the two drank in silence for a moment. Sean said nothing. It surprised him to find he was almost nervous to be in this situation. He hadn’t been nervous around a woman in a long time, so that further added to his embarrassment. Starbright saved him by initiating the conversation.

“So, you’re a fan.” It wasn’t a question, and Sean raised an eyebrow in response, not sure where exactly she was going with this. Starbright, unphased, continued. “I’ve seen you watching quite a bit. Not every night, of course, but on and off. Sometimes it’s months, but I see you watching.” Sean’s eyes widened in surprise. She had noticed him? Impressive. He took another sip of brandy before speaking.

“I travel a lot, but… yeah, I guess you can say I’m a fan. Your voice… your dancing, it’s amazing. You're quite talented.” She offered him a sweet smile.

“Thanks. I appreciate that.” She looked pensive for a moment before she spoke again. “I want to make it big, ya’ know? Tour the galaxy, be a big name, not just that sexy girl from Oxanna’s.” Sean noticed for the first time that her accent was quite spectacular, and it confused him he’d never heard it before. However, there was no time to think about that just now. He nodded briefly before speaking.

“Well, Oxanna’s is better than being a slave, I suppose.” She laughed bitterly at that, and Sean furrowed his brows, confused.

“Might as well be a slave.” She said. “This contract I’m under is killer. Francis is making it quite hard for me to leave.” Sean nodded now as understanding dawned on him.

“I can imagine that might be difficult.” He considered that for a moment, before speaking. “You know… I have a few connections. Should I come across someone who can help, then I’ll keep you in mind.” Starbright’s laugh in response was genuine this time.

“Oh, that’s all right.” She moved closer to him a bit. “I actually quite enjoy my job.” A seductive smile crossed her face now. “That’s sweet of you though.” She stroked his face lightly and every sense in Sean’s body tingled. Man was she good.

Sean couldn’t help but look Starbright over once more. He didn’t mind aliens. He always figured so long as they had the right parts, it didn’t matter about the rest. Normally he wasn’t this drawn to non-humans though. He would blame it on the brandy, but he honestly was not that drunk yet. Ten years of drinking had raised his alcohol tolerance quite a bit.

Starbright obviously noticed him… appreciating her, and closed the distance between them, wrapping her arms around his neck and staring up at him. “You know,” she said, her voice as sweet as ever. “I really like you local boys.” Her smile was intoxicating, but Sean was smooth enough not to let it affect his response.

“You know, I normally don’t like dancers.” His arms wrapped around her loosely now, resting gently on the small of her back. “But for you, I think I’ll make an exception.” He winked at her, and she giggled. “More seriously though, I don’t know if you could consider me a local boy. Haven’t lived on Corellia since I was twelve.”

“Oh, no worries there. You have the look of a Corellian boy, and that’s all that matter.”

Sean raised a brow at her. “You know, you keep using that word ‘boy’…” Starbright laughed, looking down for a moment before looking back up, throwing all her charm into the gaze she sent his way. His knees almost buckled. Almost.

“My apologies, you big Corellian man you.” Her smile was playful and Sean laughed along with her. This was certainly the most fun he’d had in a long time.

"Your lightsaber will never fail you. Alcohol will always calm your nerves. And women..... well, they're just too good to go without." ~ Sean Tavell

Avi made graciously by Carn
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 04:26pm    Post subject:

Tseneca had taken the berry shot, and shortly afterwards, she closed her eyes. She was praying, Lucas thought, remaining silent until she spoke again. She turned out to be a freelancer, which was probably better than a Magician...a lot more practical. His eyes roamed around the room, a Sullustan was nearby, though was keeping mostly to himself.

A group of four, an older silver-haired man, seemed to be interested on the exits, though one could barely tell. Something vibrated within his pockets, and as his fingers traced through them, he found his mobile transmitter. It was Anakin, probably checking on his progress within the Cantina.

Knowing that he wasn't in the best of states, Lucas ignored the holo-call, and instead, texted a simple message back to his master: Inside the Cantina, can't speak directly. I'll check in around 0700 tomorrow. MTFBWY. The message was sent, and Lucas pocketed the device. His eyes continued to roam, and he found that several of the dancers seemed extremely agitated by something, and were speaking to the club owner about it.

Starbright’s chosen stud, had been offered a backstage pass, and by the looks of it, he had gladly accepted. Despite the presence of the Mandalorian, the Cantina’s chatter seemed relatively uneventful. Several groups of people were dispersed around the club, but nothing that exactly caught his eye. He swirled back, twisting his position so he was facing Tseneca.

His voice lowered, slightly recovering from his intoxicated state, “I’m on a mission from the Jedi Council. You’re right about keeping my affiliation on the low, but for some reason, the Force is telling me I can trust you. Maybe it’s because I’m a little hammered, but I don ‘t think so. Three days ago, Senator Della Donna was murdered, and the Council believes the attacker fled to this sector. Yesterday, I tracked a few leads to this cantina. Whoever killed the Senator, is here, right now.”

Lucas reached for another shot, hesitated, before slamming it down. “Personally, I’m not sure why they sent me alone. I’m not very good at these kinds of things,” his thoughts flickered, but his light hearted state returned, “Maybe I am, I dunno. I just would hate to completely ruin my first assignment alone,” his heart raced with the new impact of the berry shot, “It doesn’t matter, what happens, happens. The will of the Force, right?”

A large chrono-meter clang, beeping rapidly as the ticker struck midnight.
 Back to top »
Arden Vrass
Tacky

Post Posted: Mon, August 10th 2009 04:52pm    Post subject:

The Sullustan was getting a worrisome feeling. Nothing definite, though some of the whispers he was hearing were worrisome. Something about surveillence, and something about people read to enter 'if something was to happen.' Most of all, it was the atmosphere. Places like this were always tense, but it was usually overlayed by a feeling of joviality. That was being slowly leeched away. Everyone was armed, including Arden, but people were starting to show firewpower. But Arden wasn't done. He had to turn his luck around, and he needed info to do that.

"Just have to be careful."

However, he elected to hurry things up, stumping over to a table containing two humans, a younger male, and an older female. They didn't have the look of regulars, and might have a few tales for him. At least they wouldn't tell him to get lost because he didn't have a Corellian Accent.

"Evening friends. Server, whatever these two are having, get them a second on my tab."

Arden smiled first at Tseneca, then at Lucas.

"Apologies if I'm intruding, but frankly, the atmosphere has turned a bit sour in here. I was hoping you two might be able to help me with a problem I'm having."
 Back to top »
Kelson Ordo
Lazer

Post Posted: Tue, August 11th 2009 12:47am    Post subject:

Kelson set his drink back down on the table.

Ten years. Ten, long years.

This thought was followed with a flood of memories from the Outer Rim Riots following the announcement and creation of the Galactic Union. Burning homes, people trampled in the streets...

It's the cost we pay.

He pushed it out of his head. He didn't need remorse for things said and done. What happened is what happened, no changing it.

He quickly scanned the Cantina one more time. In the corner, in the dimmest part of the bar, sat a huddled group of men, whispering to each other, backs hunched, eyes darting. Kelson discreetly flicked his eyes to the exits. An unusual number of armed men stood at each. He sighed, picked the drink up once more, and took a good swig.

Kelson pushed his hand into his coat and searched for his transmitter in his pocket. He touched something, recognized it as a blaster pistol clip, pushed past it, and grabbed his phone. He flicked it open and a small, holographic keyboard projected itself.

meeting on. start scanning equip & record. send message back if anything odd comes up

He then slipped the device back into his pocket. He yawned, stood, and looked for a table he'd be able to fit in at. One not to far off from the bar caught his eye. He stood, and made his way through the sea of people.

Once he reached the table he smiled to the man, women and Sullustan across from him, raised his drink and said,

"Ten years." And took the last gulp down. He lowered his drink and grabbed the back of a chair. "Mind if I join you?" he asked as he sat down, making sure he had a clear line of site to the men in the corner.

"There are two types of people you're gunna encounter. Those who'll try and shoot you, and those you shot first." -Kelson Ordo

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, August 11th 2009 01:23am    Post subject:

Lucas' sudden change in composure, the black cloud of seriousness that unclouded his eyes caught her off guard. She looked at him, the gross amount of trust he, a stranger, was presenting. He was not only admitting very real insight into a private matter of intrigue, but his own weakness as well. If she were a cold woman, she'd have turned away and gone about her business at this point, but she was a stable creature of fair moral fiber and his quiet announcement touched her on some level.

Tseneca fixed him with her gaze and opened her mouth to speak, but the approach of a Sullustan interrupted her.

"Apologies if I'm intruding, but frankly, the atmosphere has turned a bit sour in here. I was hoping you two might be able to help me with a problem I'm having."

Tseneca looked at him. His dark eyes fixed both of them and she couldn't tell if he meant well or not. Lucas was jovial, of course, his previous boozy mood returning. She wondered how much of it was an act. She stood straighter.

"What sort of problem are we talking about?" she asked.
The Sullustan had barely enough time to answer when a man nudged his way up and settled among them. He did a quick and halfhearted salude and asked abruptly "Mind if I join you?"

The place was getting to crowded for comfort.
 Back to top »
Maximillion Cyrus
dudop

Post Posted: Tue, August 11th 2009 01:51am    Post subject:

Colonel Cyrus hung up his communicator and ordered annother drink. He had been having a bad week. His ship had abruptly discovered an affinity for falling apart of its own accord, forcing the crew to fight a battle against it even with no enemies in sight. That put him in the annoying position of keeping the crew from going the same way. Which was, of cource, on top of everything else in the military. His shore leave felt well earned.

Everyone knew that you could find respectable places on panets like Corellia, but sometimes it was nice to be in a place where nobody gave a damn if you were an Imperial officer. Somehow after al that time it felt good to have the privelige taken away.

The clock- he refused to call it a chrono, which to him implied that it was an embodiment of time- had recently struck midnight, but he wasn't tired. The great thing about constant space travel was that if you timed things right it was always "day". According to his body clock the sun should just be setting. The same seemed to go for everyone else in the cantina- late risers who sayed up late too.

There certainly was an odd bunch around, which is what you would expect in a cantina. A Mandalorian, some military-types, a smattering of odd bounty hunters, a bunch of thugs by the doors, some shady people talking in the corner. Some dancing girl who was apparently very popular (yet whose name escaped recollection) had invited some guy backstage, some other guy won a bunch of money at the tables and sat down to talk to a lady.

The Commodore didn't care. After the last week, heck, after the last year (or maybe ten years-?) he didn't want anything else to worry about. Just a couple of drinks and then back to his ordinary military routine...
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, August 11th 2009 02:28am    Post subject:

Vera Nico sat in the middle of the criminal organization, her eyes masked behind a pair of dark sunglasses. Her arms were crossed, but her fingers were inches away from her blaster. The Dark Sun Clan had hired her for protection, yet they were about to receive a dark surprise. Eyeing the Mando in the corner, he had arrived a bit earlier than expected, but kept his cool. That’s what they were paying him for.

Currently, they were discussing profits and shareholders at a bank on Nal Hutta, while her eyes picked up several groups around the Cantina. Anyone of them could be intelligence, and these fools, who called themselves criminal masterminds, were pissing away precious secrets. Secrets that would soon destroy them. Her eyes narrowed on the Sullustan, her fingers grabbing the hilt of her blaster.

Her trainer had noticed, his eyes flashing around the room, but she eased up. It wasn’t her first job, but it was the first she knew something was going to happen. She knew bantha shit was about to hit the fan, and that was what made the anticipation worse. She opened her mouth, only a fraction, to suck in the disgusting air. It was lighter than her cell on Kuat, which brought an equally fractional smile to her face.

If the bastards had the guts to trace her location…

“Nico,” her trainer’s voice only noticeable by her own ears, the others blabbering as though he hadn’t whispered her name. It was a warning, that her attention, needed to be here and now. She pushed away her thoughts of Kuat, and returned her mindframe to the scene before her. The odds were in their favor, but as soon as the assassination took place, odds were, the factions would turn against each other, and the rest of the Cantina. Her fingers stretched from their position for the first time in thirty minutes, only to take a sip of icy water.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Corellian System » Oxanna Cantina
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: