Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Dac (Mon Calamari)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Dac (Mon Calamari)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, August 08th 2012 03:15am    Post subject:

"Correct. We have had many run-ins with her. She lives up to holo-net expectations." H6 answered. They were walking up to the public transport now, about tenth in line. "Are you not informed by the rest of your family unit?"

"I guess not. You see, I went to the Bastion Imperial Academy. They kept me out of all the family drama, but now that the war has started, my mother feels as though I shouldn't be there any more. Doesn't really matter, though, I graduated before my class." It was probable that his mother had something to do with that. Kris considered himself incredibly book smart, but real world applications were something else. This was all new to him, including the public transport system. So much, that H6 had to take over the ticket negotiations.

"You haven't been out of Imperial territory much, have you?" H6 asked.

"Not really. Only when my father would take me to various...off world places." Kris answered, "My siblings had all the experiences. They go everywhere and do anything they want. I'm the youngest, so they are a little more protective of me." They boarded a shuttle H6 had acquired tickets for. The first stop would be Umgal, a gungan colony world and then Naboo. He didn't mind gungans, after all, it was the Naboo representative, Jar Jar Binks, who had helped Chancellor Palpatine lay the groundwork in creating and maintaining the Old Republic's Clone Army, which eventually, spawned the first Stormtrooper Corps.

As the shuttle filled up with various types of people, Kris picked a small corner that had the essence of privacy, though it was truly impossible with the amount of people on board. Taking that into consideration, Kris asked H6 a cryptic question, "Can you teach me some of the things Badim and Clare know? I may be a graduated academy student, but I don't really know the underworld, if you catch my drift. Anything to help me out here, would be nice. I don't exactly want to end up back aboard a cell on a True Imperial Star Destroyed under the command of Krauss..." He shivered, so much, that a passing waitress droid asked him if he needed a blanket or a cup of warm tea.
 Back to top »
H6-32
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, August 08th 2012 04:09am    Post subject:

H6 contemplated Kris' request while he declined a blanket or beverage from a sleek waitress droid. He was his own droid, and had no other obligation than to keep his word on helping him find Lucas. Of course, reaching that goal would be easier said than done if he didn't teach Kris about the underworld.
"First off," H6 began, "We would have to find new attire for you."

"What's wrong with my outfit?" Kris said in an offended, but curious way while looking himself over with his arms stretched out in defense.

"It's too clean," H6 said in a very disappointed manner. Kris had a gray, high-grade material shirt with a black, zip-up light-coat. His face was clean and perhaps had makeup to enhance several features, not exactly uncommon on Kuat. His skin was a pale white. He didn't have any sort of facial hair yet, but that was biological and unchangeable without a certain bit of help from hormones and age.

"When you're as damaged and still functioning as myself..." H6 noted his red paint-job, only visible in a few areas and patches, the rest of his body was either bare metal or a dark patch of red, tinted by a scorch mark.

Kris nodded his head, "People tend to not want to mess with you."

"Quite the contrary," H6 confided, "It gets you fights with the biggest and baddest of criminals. But once you subdue, maim or kill a few, you are left undisturbed for the rest of your stay. Why, when I was traveling to Bakura under orders of Badim to find a companion, Sara Soto, you've met her, I had to travel through three different criminal worlds, including Carratos. It's quite wonderful there."

"Really?" Kris asked disbelieving.

"Yes, I got into many brawls I thoroughly enjoyed winning. The top gang in the cityscape of Danicul, the Ravagers, loved to pick on a seemingly defenseless droid and make a scrap heap of me. I remember the way I felt when I smashed their surprised faces into each other. I quickly made allies within the Brotherhood gang. Once I learned there was no lead here to finding Sara, I moved on. I still have allies within Ran's Brotherhood, though, if our travels lead us to that wondrous scum world.."
H6 continued with stories of his travels while the shuttle set off, hinting at certain tips for Kris to pay attention to.

Tag: Alex I figured we could move this to another thread, and you can fill in a backstory for one of those two planets, while I improv on the other if you want. TAG TEAM
 Back to top »
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, August 09th 2012 03:44am    Post subject:

Kris and H6 have left Dac and are now aboard the shuttle-freighter Galaxyrunner

Topic Continues for these Two Characters Here: http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14690#14690
 Back to top »
Jade Anulay
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, August 09th 2012 05:27am    Post subject:

A knock came at the cabin door. It would have woken Jade up, except she’d never actually fallen asleep. She’s certainly tried, but instead her mind had been too busy thinking about how pathetic she was feeling. She hadn’t even bothered taking off or changing out of her slicksuit when she’d gotten back, instead just letting herself fall into bed and hoping some rest might get where she was ready to get off-planet and find out where her next job was going to come from.

By the second knock, Jade was at the door and opened it to reveal Gorrop.

“I am not interrupting anything, am I?” He asked.
“Not at all.” She said. “I could use a mindless distraction.”
“I’m not sure if what I have for you counts.” He replied, and began to leave.

“What is it?” Jade asked, not sure if he was trying to leave her alone or lead her to what he wanted to show her.
“You might want to see this.”

Follow it was. The Verpine lead his captain to the cockpit. He then activated the holoprojector stationed there.

“This was reported recently.” He said, and brought up a news report about a murder that had taken place a few hours earlier. In broad daylight, no less. The culprit – said all but confirmed to be guilty party, was the terrorist known as Vera Nico.

“What about it?” Jade asked after glancing over the opening of the report. “I’m not seeing that I need to hear about. We’re not bounty hunters, Gorrop. I have no intention of getting us involved in matters of intergalactic terrorism unless it directly concerns us.”

“Read further.” Gorrop said, and hi-lighted part of the article. “This is what I thought you would want to see.”

Reading on, she saw reference to two individuals seen leaving the scene of the crime with her, though there was no confirmation yet as to if they were accomplices or not. One was a female Mon Calamari and the other was a human male. Neither had officially been identified yet, but Jade instantly could tell who the man was - Sethe Bhren.

“That’s our passenger.” Jade said once she recognized him. And from the looks of things, he wasn’t looking much better than he was when he’d left the ship. That was a big deal.

“Thank you.” She said to the verpine. “This is something I need to look into.”

The question was whether he was working with her willingly or if he had walked right out of one problem and into another. Jade didn’t know how intergalactic terrorists minds worked, but she had no idea how a person in Sethe’s condition would be useful to Nico. At the same time, she hadn’t had much time to get to know the man, but she had a good feeling that he wasn’t the kind to usually associate himself with a woman like Vera Nico.

“Find out if Captain Blakes’ ship has arrived yet.” Jade said. “The Tessaret. If it is, see if you and E-P0C can’t find out where it’s located.”

She stormed back out of the cockpit and to her quarters. She had someplace to be, and she needed to be at least a tad more presentable if she was going to be going to be walking who-knew where.

“What for?” Gorrop asked through the now-closed door.
“Apparently, Mr. Bhren wasn’t ready to start taking care of himself again yet.” Jade said as she looked for the right clothing. “I shouldn’t have let him out of my sight until I knew he was getting that treatment.”

Once she found what she was looking for, she was able to get dressed quickly enough. She decided to leave the slicksuit on for the time being rather than changing into ‘proper’ undergarments. It would be faster that way, and if she somehow needed to go swimming again, she’d already be prepared. But they were quickly joined by the rest of her clothes – pants, boots, a light jacket, her weapon and utility belt. Not her best look, but at least she wouldn’t look out of place anywhere she went that didn’t involve direct contact with the ocean.

“A quick check has confirmed that Captain Blake and his crew are somewhere in the city.” Gorrop said once she exited her cabin. “I called E-P0C up here, though we’ve yet to determine what part of the city they parked in.”

“Call me if you find it.” Jade said, holding up her commlink. “I’ll see if I can find them out there.”

It took some time, but a little searching eventually revealed the location that Blake and his crew had parked their ship. Entering the hanger bay, she called out to see if anyone was there.

“Captain Blake?” She said first. Though she also reasoned it would be a good idea to see if anyone else might respond, and tried with the next name she remembered best. “Yorak? Anybody here?”

Tag: Jess

Ex-Jedi and Captain of the Hive Queen
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, August 11th 2012 06:16am    Post subject:

(Continued from Here)

The beeping of the ship’s hyperdrive system woke Morgan from his sleep. Not sure how close he was to Dac and not wanting to chance accidentally running into an entire planet, he quickly made for the cockpit and checked his distance. Fortunately, he was still a couple minutes out yet, giving him nothing to panic over.

He had been a busy individual even after leaving Coruscant. After securing the rifles and explosives, he had then bought a number of assorted droids and parts. Easy to acquire, but still crucial to helping him hunt down Vera Nico.

A handful of them were regular probe droids – they’d look innocent enough and be able to roam about with hopefully not too much trouble. Give him a means of looking for Nico if trying to search via whatever cameras were around didn’t yield results. Two of them, however, now had pieces of sniper rifles hidden inside of them. Morgan had spent most of the time turning the droids into assassins. He still planned to try to kill Nico himself with the one sniper rifle that was still in its original condition, but he was keeping his options open.

”I’m beginning to wonder if you’re not over thinking this.” ZIM said as they neared the hyperspace exit point.
”You said it yourself. I needed a plan.” Morgan replied.
”Yeah, but now I’m thinking you’re over planning it. ZIM said back. ”Swinging things too far in the opposite direction. Not leaving enough room for the regular call-it-as-it-comes chaos.”

Hitting the cutoff point, Morgan exited hyperspace, revealing the blue-and-white covered planet of Dac straight ahead.

”You say that as thought I had a detailed list of how I’m planning to pull this off. As it is, I don’t even know where Nico is.”
”My point is, I’m worried you might be getting too serious about all this.”
”Hey, if it works, there’s no reason to complain.”

Using the ships old ID system, Morgan was easily able to get through and bluff his way down to the planet without giving away who he was or why he was really there.

The first thing he did when landed was check to see if there were any reports to give him a hint as to where Nico might be. Not to any great deal of surprise, he quickly found a recent news report on her activities. Something about killing a man in broad daylight. A couple other individuals were involved too, but he didn’t pay much attention to that part.

The unfortunate thing about it all was that Nico was suspected to have fled underwater. Which would make finding her incredibly difficult without revealing his presence.

He would had his work cut out for him…
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, April 26th 2013 11:56pm    Post subject:

Dac was much more original under the planet-wide sea, than its floating cities. Nico's sub cruised at an optimal pace as her Calamari friend glanced over to her, then nodded to Sethe. "It was necessary," she felt like she had to continue to explain to him, though his silent brooding wasn't helping her focus on the next step. She checked the chrono, they were on schedule, but it did not mean things were going exactly according to plan. Aarit flushed her face full of color as she pulled the sub-taxi up and over a giant mammal of sorts, Nico breathing in deeply at the wondrous creature.

"Sorry!" Aarit blurted, laughing slightly, "They do not appear on most radar..." It's massive body spinning in a slow dance, catching small prey with its large tongue, before slowly shutting it and diving into the dark.

"Where is our next destination, exactly?" Sethe asked, after they all focused back onto the empty waters ahead of them.

"Coa Zeon. It's a small floating colony, a blackmarket by trade, but the government knows about it. Consider it a hub for the poor that is tolerated by the rich. There are a couple of them throughout the planet, but this one has a friend that can help us change our appearances and sort out what we need to do from this moment on." Nico explained, reaching into her pocket to pull out a vibrating holo-communications device. It was the one Lucas had given her.

"Nico," A cloaked figure spoke, but the tone was indistinguishable from the Kuati's royal upbringing.

"Lucas," Nico breathed slowly, bringing the transmission to the side, "Now is not the best time."

"Nico, I need you to create a distraction on Bakura.... a large and long distraction. The supplies are waiting aboard a freighter piloted by three droids waiting in the Tabucc Nebula." He was much more confident, less cheerful in his directions. Almost as though he was giving an order. Lucky for him, she was owed him one.

"Lucas, Sethe is here...and I don't think-"

"Kill him or use him on Bakura. You have four days." The transmission cut out and then disappeared entirely. She stuck the device back into her pocket. She hadn't mentioned that Tseneca Lowry-Fink and her companions aboard the Blight Leaper were here, nor did she explain Aarit's involvement either. It was best she left many of these details out. This new Lucas was influenced by Lumiya, and considering the current state of the galaxy, it would not be good. Nico had tolerated the young Kuati on the behalf of his naivety, but it would not suit him should he continue down a darker, more destructive path. Eventually, she would have to put him in his place.

"There!" Aarit shouted, "The colony is above us... now just to find an empty surface hangar...."
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Dac (Mon Calamari)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: