Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Korriban
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Korriban
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ms. White
Ms. White

Post Posted: Wed, June 23rd 2010 03:01pm    Post subject:

Ms. White was surprised by the extra party member, people just kept showing up one after another, it was turning into a small warzone on Korriban. Her surveillance was quickly interrupted by orders from Blonde to find cover but to keep an eye out, so she did her best to oblige him on both, getting out of the line of fire. She quickly rolled back to the ledge, leaving only a part of her upper body revealed as she went back to searching for the other shooter.

"Well spank my wookie and call me a….." Was all she managed as she spotted someone on the move on the high ground. This is where the fun for her begin, a small squeeze of the trigger, and with almost completely silent discharge, the rifle fired, sending a slug moving so fast, she didn’t even have a second to blink before the slug landed with a great kinetic explosion. She was surprised every time at how much damage her baby could do with such little recoil.

"What was that? I'm sorry, I didn't catch it. Would you repeat it?"
 Back to top »
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Sun, June 27th 2010 06:05pm    Post subject:

Dylan slowed his speeder to a complete stop as he came close to the canyon where the smoke was coming from. He hoped off his speeder and ran for higher ground with his sniper rifle to get a closer look of what was going on. Nothings ever simple, is it? Dylan thought as he saw a miniature warzone before him, made of mercenaries and possible bounty hunters. Dylan scanned the battlefield with his sniper rifle, trying to pick apart who was fighting who.

It was a mess. He crawled away from the cliff's edge in prone, inching his way around to try and get a better angle on the situation with his sniper rifle. He purched himself in between a rock and a bush, enough concealment for him to freely peer out over the valley below, waiting for a moment to join in the fray.
Ms. White
Ms. White

Post Posted: Mon, June 28th 2010 06:56pm    Post subject:

Dylan, not to be rude, but I do believe you just godmodded. This is what I got from your post, correct me if I'm wrong but:

- You introduced a random set of mercenaries into the RP that hadn't existed before.
- You controlled my characters actions (Considering from what I know, me and Lyra are the only Female bounty hunters in the area, and I was the one currently taking aim and firing. In which I was firing at Lyra due to her being the only person in the open, on the move, and not on my side.)
-Also, if you were talking about my characters, she’s not using a blaster based weapon, but a projectile based similar to how a Rail gun works.

If I am wrong in these assumption, please ignore this post and I'll just await Cheapys reply to mine and Mr. Blondes attacks on his characters.

Tag: L.E.N.

Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Mon, June 28th 2010 08:44pm    Post subject:

That's what I got from it as well. No worries, though, as long as you edit it you'll be fine. Newbies get tons of slack in my book. ;)

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
"Who say what now?" - Space Jawa
"...Remind me again why I don't set you all on fire?" :P - Moff
 Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Wed, June 30th 2010 10:18pm    Post subject:

Xerros's landing was more of a controlled roll.

He tucked his knees into his chest to absorb the shock of his landing, then rolled forward in the same motion before springing behind the nearest cover he could see. A burst of green bolts erupted from the mercenaries' cover, spraying the ground near Xerros. One impacted his chestplate and detonated with the force of a small grenade, knocking him to the right. He staggered under the hit just as he heard Lyra curse. "Frak!"

As Xerros regained his balance, he saw a small rock near Lyra's position explode, pelting her with shrapnel. She coughed over the comlink and swore again. "One of the chakaar has a Verp on her," she reported. Xerros heard Lyra's sniper rifle crack through the dry air again, and this time the two Mandos were rewarded with a cry of pain. "Nicked her," Lyra reported from her new position. "But not badly. Wasn't a solid hit." She paused, and as blaster bolts began to chew apart Xerros' cover he could alost hear her biting her lip. "I think they're Force-users. Not Jedi, though. They seem to know when I'm going to fire."

Frak. One more complication in what had startedout as a tricky job.

Xerros immediately started reciting from his list of mantras as he drew his blasters again and whirled out fom cover, firing with both pistols. The sine of a thrity-degree right triangle is one divided by the square root of two...Buy'ce gal, buy'ce tal, vebor'ad ures aliit...

Out of the corner of his helmet's visor, Xerros spotted one of the other hunters, a cybernatically-enhanced man, land from an impossibly-high fall with no apparent injury and sprint inside one of the cave entrances. Must have built-in repulsors, he reasoned. "Lyra," he shouted, dropping his depleted power cells and slapping new ones into place, "Cover me again! I'm going after the runner!"

"Copy that."

A pair of bowcaster bolts caught Xerros on the breastplate as he started to turn away from the Force mercenaries, temporarily knocking the air out of his lungs. He ignored the burning sensation as he activated his jetpack, taking a long leap towards the jagged crack in the wall that lead into the catacombs below. Throwing a glance back at Lyra's position, he saw that she was standing from cover, strafing to her left as she fired her rifle on the move-an amazing feat of strength for any normal soldier, but a common tactic in Ori'ramikade units. Deciding that his partner could hold her own for a while, he turned and darted into the cave, his brown kama whipping behind him as he vanished into the darkness.

Tag: Mr. Blonde, Mrs. White, L.E.N., Space Jawa, DJ, Jase Lyra wounded one of The Dogs with a graze from her rifle (And it's a BIG bullet), not anything hindering or permanent but enough to piss someone off.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, July 03rd 2010 01:51am    Post subject:

The path down into the cave was about as straightforward as Morgan could have expected. There were twists and turns, sure, but save for a single fork that had caved in naturally at some point in history, their was only a single path for him to follow. Unnatural cuts into the floor and walls suggested it had been in the process of being turned into a proper passageway at some point, but had been abandoned before work could get very far.

”You hear that?”

He took a second to look behind him, and when he let his own feet come to a stop, it become more distinct. There was definitely something there, and it was definitely getting closer.

”Looks like someone’s coming to join the party.”

Not wanting to give them an opportunity to catch up, he quickly turned around and began to continue down the pathway. If his map was at all accurate, it was only a few hundred meters more and he’d enter a large chamber. No way of knowing for certain if it would be where the real target was hiding, but it was as good a place to start as any.

Though if the following hunter was close at all, he had little doubt that Terex would use the opportunity to scamper off elsewhere. Assuming she was there at all. Even if she wasn’t, it would still be time wasted while other hunters were looking in places she was more likely to be.

Screeching to a halt, he aimed up his blaster and started shooting at the walls.

”UNHOL-“

Cutting his curse short, he made his loudest, most convincing monster roar, fired a couple more times, then dropped to the ground. Dragging his arm backwards, he let out a scream of terror that he slowly backed off on to simulate the source of the noise being dragged away.

”What was that?
”Hope that whoever’s following isn’t interested in putting up with monsters in the dark and willing to play it safe by checking another tunnel.”

Picking himself up off the ground as quietly as he could, he activated his repulsor lifts and started hovering down the remainder of the path. It wasn’t perfect, but it was quieter than footsteps, and if the other hunter was too busy retreating or heading back the other way, it wouldn’t be noticeable at all.

”That’s what you were hedging your bets on?”
”Yeah.”
”You would have been better off just continuing to run.”
”Like you could do better?”
”You mean the droid unit without a body of his own?”

As he came to a small set of stairs, he could see what looked to be light coming through a doorway at the bottom. While had little idea what was causing the light, seeing as his perception was that they were pretty well underground, he felt it safe to assume that it was the main chamber. Especially since that was where his map placed it.

As he stepped through the doorway, that assumption proved correct. And it was quite the chamber, too, with Pillars around the edge of the room, statues and ornamental cuttings aesthetically placed here and there, and at one end opposite what appeared to be the main entrance, a large statue of some old guy who was probably long dead. However, there were also signs both that the room had never quite been finished, as evidenced by unfinished carvings and other rough entrances such as the one he had come through, and signs of age, with more than one area of rock and carving looking like they were missing pieces.

”Quite the place.”

With the mysterious light source still present, he switched from nigh-vision to thermal scanning, jumped from the walkway perch he was standing on to ground level, and began to look around the room for signs of life.
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Wed, July 07th 2010 09:18pm    Post subject:

After watching the battle below for sometime, Dylan finally figured out a plan to get inside the cave where Terex might be hiding without getting himself killed. Dylan slithered away from the bushes, trying to remain undetected from the bounty hunters below.
Dylan got up, put his sniper rifle on his back and walked back to his speeder. As Dylan prepared to rush into the cave, the com-link inside his helmet suddenly started making a repeated beeping noise. Pushing a button on his wrist, Dylan said,
“Yes, Lora. Everything okay?”

“No, it‘s not.” said Lora.

“Why not?” Dylan replied as he looked upon the vast cold desert of Korriban, but then he noticed a dust cloud forming in the distance. He reached for his sniper rifle and looked through the scopes to get a closer look. Dylan was shocked upon seeing two speeder bikes, both having two passengers, heading for his direction. One of the passengers daringly stood up on the speeder bike as he pulled out a sniper rifle much like what Dylan had and rested it‘s barrel of the driver‘s shoulder. Suddenly, blaster bolts began flying in Dylan’s direction and some actually hitting his head. Luckily, Dylan's shields deflected these would be kill shots. Dylan quickly vaulted over his bike to get some better cover, he grabbed his sniper rifle from his back and began shooting at the oncoming speeder. While the driver swerved left and right dodging the Dylan blaster bolts, the sniper kept blasting away in Dylan's directlon.

Suddenly, through Dylans com-link, screamed Lora's voice, “What‘s going on? Did you hear me?” Dylan was momentarily startled as he had temporarily forgotten about Lora.

“I‘m a little busy right now." Dylan said through gritted teeth, "Can I call you baa....--"

“NO!” Lora interrupted, “It‘s too important to wait, because R5 found a tacking device on the ship‘s hull!”

“What!?!” Dylan yelled,

This would explain how these ‘mercs’, as Dylan called them, found him on Korriban, but why are they trying to kill him? That made no sense to him. Suddenly, Dylan heard and saw the second speeder approaching him at high speeds. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Dylan beratted himself,The first speeder was a distraction!

I talked Xerros and he said that it was okay to bring these guys in. But don't worry these guys won't interfere with anyone except Dylan and the Crew of the Wandering Raider.
Ms. White
Ms. White

Post Posted: Mon, July 12th 2010 01:52pm    Post subject:

Ms. White cursed under her breath as the person she had shot at was still alive and shot back. Her reflexes weren't fast enough though as Ms. White took a bullet to her right shoulder, shredding through her armor grazing her skin. The force of it caused her to fall backwards off the cliff, rolling across the ground. When she was able to get back to her feet, she spent more time worrying about her gun than the damage she took as she examined her baby.

It seemed to have made it through the fall without a nick she smiled as she got back into the game, moving up to rejoin the fight as she caught sight of Mr. Blonde blasting away behind cover with his bowcaster at what she assumed to be the other Mandalorian.

Yeah, its short, just waiting for Mr Blonde.

Back to top »
Mr. Brown
Mr. Brown

Post Posted: Mon, July 12th 2010 02:59pm    Post subject:

While Mr. Brown tried to provide covering and suppressing fire, he could tell from the way things were progressing that it wasn’t enough. Switching his rifle for his pistols, he prepared to move.

The shots rang out in the direction of the Dogs as a whole, looking to follow up on the success of Ms. White being hit. When the blasts went away from his position, Brown moved from cover and opened fire with both weapons, forcing the hunter back out of sight and giving Brown the time he needed to move around to a better position.

“I’ve got her covered.” He reported to the other members of the team, signaling he had their backs to move into the cave.
 Back to top »
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde

Post Posted: Mon, July 12th 2010 05:44pm    Post subject:

Mr. Blonde narrowed his eyes as he felt the Mandalorian lock down some mental shutters. That was going to make things difficult. Especially when Ms. White took a hit and went tumbling from her position. It was almost a concern, but they had to keep moving. They were losing their objective. Fortunately, Mr. Brown stepped up and got Ms. White covered.

Reaching to his munitions belt, Blonde pulled two smoke grenades and tossed them into the air. He leveled his bowcaster and shot them in succession, giving them a brief smoke cover before the other sniper could get a bead on them with optics. "Let's move, now!"

Using Force-assisted speed, Blonde led the Dogs into the caves, silenbtly cursing the sudden interference in the Force he felt as the dark energy of the cave surrounded him. Korriban.... planet of darkness.... "Keep your eyes sharp, the other hunters could be anywhere... and that sniper is still an unknown...."

"You gonna bark all day, little doggy? Or are you gonna bite?"
 Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, July 13th 2010 08:52pm    Post subject:

Xerros heard two sharp cracks echo through the cave as he moved deeper beneath the planet's surface. The sound was followed by a soft hissing that his helmet's sensors were barely able to detect. Gas, or smoke, he reasoned. Lyra didn't have any such grenades on her-she saw them as too soft-so it had to be the other mercenaries. He doubled his pace, his armored boots making soft crunching sounds on the dirt and rock.

The bounty hunter's ploy with the false predator had almost fooled Xerros, until his helmet's sensors had informed him that aside from him and one cybernetically-enhanced human, there were no other lifeforms within the tunnel for fifty meters. He had decided to follow silently, intent on fooling the hunter into believing his trick had worked. With a blaster in each hand and his wrist-rockets primed, he was confident he would be able to take the hunter...as long as he didn't have any surprises installed with the cybernetics.

He turned the corner of the tunnel he was following and entered a large cavern, with ornately decorated pillars and relief sculptures running along the walls. A flicker of motion caught Xerros' attention, and he glanced to his right in time to see the other hunter running along the cavern wall, partially covered by the pillars. Xerros raised his blasters and ignited his jetpack, propelling him into the open section of the ancient tomb. The hunter turned in his direction just as he opened fire.

Tag: Space Jawa

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Dylan Vega
L.E.N.

Post Posted: Fri, July 16th 2010 01:23am    Post subject:

Dylan ducked onto the ground, putting his hands over his head as the speeder flew over him and his bike. Dylan looked at the speeder as it continued to move at high speeds away from him.
He peeked over his cover trying to find the speeder that was shooting at him before.

Sure enough they were closing in on him. With the sniper carefully lining up his shots, while the driver repeatedly blasted Dylan with his pistol.
Dylan peered back at the other speeder from the south, and noticed it turning around to make a second pass but this time they intend to take Dylan’s life.
Dylan was now surrounded with both speeders ready to take his life coming in two directions different, making his cover completely useless.

Dylan thought vigorously as the speeders closed in from the north and south, looking at the options he had, and then quickly tossed the odd one out of his mind as if they’d never entered, trying to think of a plan.
But he couldn’t, for he was surrounded from both directions and low on ammunition. He couldn’t possibly set up his sniper rifle in time before they killed him. If he threw a grenade they’d speed right past it before it could detonate. Running away is definitely not an option, the sniper would probably snipe Dylan’s head off if he even peeks out of his cover by now.
Game Over, Dylan hopelessly thought.

Suddenly, a loud blastershot rang through out the wasteland, Dylan looked back at the speeder coming from the north and saw the sniper falling off the speeder. The sound rung once again, taking out the driver riding the speeder coming from the south, sending the speeder to the ground. Dylan observed their wounds from a distance, trying to see if they were truly dead. Suddenly, Dylan realized that whoever saved his life, must be willing to take it as well.

Dylan quickly picked up everything he could carry and ran down the hill. Dylan’s thoughts were correct as the unknown sniper frequently fired bolts at him from a distance. Dylan rolled into the caves where everyone else had entered dodging.
It was definitely safer in here Dylan thought as he picked himself off of the ground, turned on his flashlight, and walked into the dark cave. Hopefully.

Tag: Jase, Space Jawa, Mr. Blonde, DJ, Mr. Pink, Mr. Brown, Ms. White
Mr. Blonde
Mr. Blonde

Post Posted: Thu, July 22nd 2010 01:14pm    Post subject:

Mr. Blonde grimaced under his helmet. The cave was getting darker and the Dogs needed to take every advantage they could. They were running behind on retrieving the mark; and they didn't have time to waste. Switching on the night vision in his modified helmet, Mr. Blonde readied his bowcaster. "Ms. White and I will deal with the Mandalorian and the cyborg. Mr. brown, Mr. Pink, deal with the trouble behind us. We're going to have company very soon... and it feels like not just the sniper. Take care, this planet screws with Force perception the more time you spend on it."

"You gonna bark all day, little doggy? Or are you gonna bite?"
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, July 22nd 2010 01:24pm    Post subject:

”You hear that?”
”Hear what?”
”I think there’s someone else in here.”
”Yeah, I know. That’s what I…Jetpack?”

While he had thought his thermal scan had picked up another living being inside the cavern, Morgan had yet to see an actually see in person the individual he thought was giving it off. Yet he hadn’t expected they could have moved anywhere behind him, not that quickly. Turning around to see the new arrival, he leaped behind a pillar for cover.

From what he had seen, the individual was wearing some kind of Boba Fett armor. Some special warrior race stuff who’s name escaped him for the moment. The coloring, however, made it very clear that it was not Fett himself.

”Yo wannabe, sorry to give you bad news, but nobodies home.” Morgan said before leaping from one pillar to the next, unleashing a hail of blasterfire as he went. He didn’t care if the statement was true or not, but hopefully it would give the other guy something to think about.

When he brought himself around to safety again, he listed to the sound of the jetpack as it moved the other hunter closer to ground level. However, when he looked in the direction the sound had ended at, he noticed the armor-clad hunter had moved within the protective cover of the pillars himself, forcing Morgan to rotate around his own pillar to avoid getting shot from a blindside attack.

”No, really!” The cyborg continued as he brought out a grenade. “All you’re doing is wasting time and ammo!”
”You might be more successful if you weren’t attacking him.”
”Please, anyone dressed like that can not possibly be interested in settling things peacefully.”

Firing his blaster rifle twice for cover, he reached around and threw the explosive device towards the pillar the hunter was hiding behind. The hunter, apparently seeing the grenade, flew out from cover in time to avoid getting hit by the explosion. Morgan aimed with his rifle, but the couple shots he got off only succeeded in going where the other man had been just previously. Return shots forced Morgan behind cover, but not before seeing that the other bounty hunter was taking cover on the opposite side of the room. Putting away his blaster rifle, he took out and armed his grenade launcher.

(Joint portions of this post approved by all involved participants.)
Ms. White
Ms. White

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 09:16pm    Post subject:

Ms. White followed suite, following the rest of dogs in line through the smoke and into the cave. The atmosphere in the cave was similar to the rest of the planet, but being indoors and in the dark gave her a different feeling. She shuttered with excitement as she switched her visor to night vision and pulled out her blast cannon. "Ms. White and I will deal with the Mandalorian and the cyborg. Mr. brown, Mr. Pink, deal with the trouble behind us. We're going to have company very soon... and it feels like not just the sniper. Take care, this planet screws with Force perception the more time you spend on it."

"Understood." Ms. White said with an almost giggle to her voice. It was going to be just like old times, or so she assumed as they descended further and further into the darkness.

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Korriban
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: