Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Diplomatic Conference of Cloud City Plot
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Diplomatic Conference of Cloud City Plot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 03:03am    Post subject: Diplomatic Conference of Cloud City Plot

Current Status: OPEN - Seeking Players

Conference Host: Queen Kleiia Nappolian of Naboo.

Invited Governments:
- Zend's True Galactic Empire
- New Republic
- Imperial Remnant
- Galactic Alliance
- Independent Worlds - Not all systems are invited. Conditions include being considered "civilized", and/or "200+ Million Inhabitants", and/or making a significant tribute to the galactic community. I.E. Bacta Trading

Discussed Topics: More can be added
- Zend's Authorative Right over the Empire; Is she the True Heir?

- Non-Aggression Agreements with the self-proclaimed "True Empire"

- Terms of Surrender and War

- Terms of Planetary Assmiliation into True Empire, What does it entail?

Plot: - This is an unofficial plot, once more players contribute, a final draft will be sent to CMAC.
All Governments are asked to participate. Warships are not tolerated, though conditions will be considered. Holo-transmissions are acceptable and can be arranged. I just figured we could play Unity's first Galaxy Ball.

Phase One:
Delegates meet and a heated debate ensues over whether or not Zend is who she says she is. The delegates will come to a conclusion, but this only carries weight for those who participate.

This particular outcome is up in the air, but I'm going to assume that the majority of the galaxy will accept Zend on the basis of fear. Though the IR's inaction or participation could really speed roll their cause and morale after losing Muunilinst.

Phase Two:
I ask that Cray sends someone, maybe a dramatic entrance by war fleet or war vessel, either way, the True Empire will accept world treaties and surrenders.

Phase Three:
All hell breaks loose. I was thinking an attempt by Vera Nico, but this option is open for additional characters. As delegates flee, Lumiya spars with the Jedi present, killing several of them, and allows herself to be taken by the True Empire.

Characters Involved:

- Kleiia Nappolian, as Queen of Naboo and Conference Host [Alex]

- Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad, acting as a representative of Kuat [Alex]

- Lucas Pallanén-Davad, Bodyguard to Alatáriël Pallanén-Davad [Alex]

- Anakin Solo, Bodyguard and Jedi Trainer (PNPC)

- Coral Callatros, New Republic Spy and Guard-Officer [Alex]

- Lyle Loars, Freelance, boards a room on Cloud City [Alex]

- Lumiya, Taking Interest in the Galactic Scheme of Things [Alex]

So here's to starting the fall season with a bang! (Admin-willing :P) Sorry if I did not tag you. I'm not sure who would want to directly participate.

Tag: Han, Cray, Moff, Jess, Kyp, Orrion Carn, Space Jawa, Chukles, Butters, Cheapy, Vader
Diplomatic Conference of Cloud City First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 03:44am    Post subject:

I can be present and this will be great because of it's proximity to Deyer. I wonder how crazy this shin dig, hootenany, hodown, etc. is going to get. :P
Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 04:01am    Post subject:

Hm... I'm sure Badim, Clare and H6 would be back with the Leaper, and since Tseneca is from Thyferra, Bacta and everything, I'd assume she be representing, if Jess wants to of course.

So, I'm not too sure, not until I hear from Jess, but you can put my gang (Badim, Clare, Sara, H6 and Jaira) down as accompanying Lucas as extra security or whatever, you're call on their role, I guess (Nothing besides bodyguard would come to mind).

Though, I had an idea that Badim, Clare and H6 split off on their own for a bit and run into Nico somewhere :p , just a thought for you, Alex ;) (Talk to you on MSN about that possibility)
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 04:24am    Post subject:

I think the first thing that needs to be done is see if Daara would actually agree to show up at such a conference and be willing to participate in any manner similar to what your outline would require.

I see her more as the "I'm here, now all of you are going to listen and do as I say" or the 'send a warfleet anyway and conquer the place, possibly taking valuable prisoners in the form of anyone dumb enough to actually show up' type than as someone who would agree to any kind of actual talks.

Her speech even had her say that her right to rule the Empire is a matter of truth. Doesn't give her any reason to debate any of the items listed in your discussed topics. If she were to actually attend, the only topic I can she her interested in discussing is "Who's going to join the Empire, and who am I going to have to kill?"

Now, ASSUMING we can get past that potential problem, I can possibly see Morgan showing up, depending on a few things, though the rest of my characters I'm not sure one way or the other. Dumoor would probably insist on not going and/or that it's a bad idea, Tira would kind of be out of place, while Nick and Dryas potential appearance would be dependent on the decisions and choices of other people.
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 06:09am    Post subject:

Logically, I doubt Zend would appear in person, but who knows.

In the Invasion of Muunilinst, she described the battle as a shifting victory, for a while, it was up in the air. How long could she expect to last against the collective arms of the IR, NR, GA and all independent worlds? Honestly, Zend probably has a better chance than I described, but she will need to create division among the ranks. IR ships are leaving their posts to join her, now she just needs to get unsure/neutral parties to remain that way. She can't have too many war fronts... and this an opportunity for that.

Zend will need to make some kind of diplomatic solution. Showing key systems mercy will make hundreds flock to her side. I believe this was what Cray was talking about a while ago, but I can't be sure. I hope he adds some inside information that will clear up this issue. He may decide not to even to have the True Empire participate, but the conference will take place regardless. The galaxy will be talking about Zend's message. I would hope he would send a delegation, a sign of good faith on behalf of the True Empire.

Zend may take the opportunity to take a few prisoners, but honestly, she already knocked out Imperial High Command, most the NR military leadership (or tried, and came damn close to succeeding), logically, she has assets and the persuasion to make this happen again.

This arena is built for her to thrive. It's mostly a public debate for systems to figure out where they stand. Zend might only care about a few of them.

I consider this plot a crossroads. For characters to mingle, where they otherwise would have no business to. I think the plot threads would be broken up between three to five different areas on Cloud City, pending how many players/characters decided to join. I'm shooting for mid-September, so most can work towards it. We have some time to get it figured out.
 Back to top »
Maximillion Cyrus
dudop

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 09:24am    Post subject:

This might finally give this char something to do. He can hang out at a higher orbit until that "all hell breaks loose" that you mentioned.

Oh, wait. I guess he'll have to be elsewhere, trying not to make it look like he's ready to jump to Bespin at the drop of a hat. >_>
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 11:16am    Post subject:

Lucas Pallanén-Davad wrote:
Logically, I doubt Zend would appear in person, but who knows.

In the Invasion of Muunilinst, she described the battle as a shifting victory, for a while, it was up in the air. How long could she expect to last against the collective arms of the IR, NR, GA and all independent worlds? Honestly, Zend probably has a better chance than I described, but she will need to create division among the ranks. IR ships are leaving their posts to join her, now she just needs to get unsure/neutral parties to remain that way. She can't have too many war fronts... and this an opportunity for that.

Possibly. But coming out of deep space telling everyone you will assimilate them guns-a-blazing, you will find yourself with few friends. She needs to worry about her own survival than negotiation.

Quote:
Zend will need to make some kind of diplomatic solution. Showing key systems mercy will make hundreds flock to her side. I believe this was what Cray was talking about a while ago, but I can't be sure. I hope he adds some inside information that will clear up this issue. He may decide not to even to have the True Empire participate, but the conference will take place regardless. The galaxy will be talking about Zend's message. I would hope he would send a delegation, a sign of good faith on behalf of the True Empire.

Certainly, he will need to seek negotiation, but has Zend really done enough damage? Its all been in the northern region, the Imperial region. Only the Moff Council and the Chief of State should be concerned. Incidentally, this is probably better time to have a meeting of the Galactic Union member states and show a better working relationship in game between the New Republic and Imperial Remnant.

Quote:
Zend may take the opportunity to take a few prisoners, but honestly, she already knocked out Imperial High Command, most the NR military leadership (or tried, and came damn close to succeeding), logically, she has assets and the persuasion to make this happen again.

Honestly, what right thinking person would want to chance it? She hasn't showed restraint in the past when the opportunity has arisen. The Chief of State is on lock down and no captain in the New Republic Navy is going to let Valura go there defenseless.

Quote:
I consider this plot a crossroads. For characters to mingle, where they otherwise would have no business to. I think the plot threads would be broken up between three to five different areas on Cloud City, pending how many players/characters decided to join. I'm shooting for mid-September, so most can work towards it. We have some time to get it figured out.

Now, where would I fit? :P

Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 11:27am    Post subject:

Quote:
Now, where would I fit?

As my apprentice? :P

I'm considering having Kyle be there as one of the Jedi, we should be done on Atzerri by then (If Carn and Brote will get on MSN at the same time I am). :P

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 11:31am    Post subject:

Kyle Fenris wrote:
Quote:
Now, where would I fit?

I'm considering having Kyle be there as one of the Jedi, we should be done on Atzerri by then (If Carn and Brote will get on MSN at the same time I am). :P

Hey, I'm on right now, where you at, mister? :P

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 12:06pm    Post subject:

Kyle Fenris wrote:
Quote:
Now, where would I fit?

Have you guys completed your Kyle/Upari convo? Then I can do that :p
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 12:51pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Hey, I'm on right now, where you at, mister?

I beg to differ, Mister AFK. :P

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 03:36pm    Post subject:

Thomas Heckler wrote:
Possibly. But coming out of deep space telling everyone you will assimilate them guns-a-blazing, you will find yourself with few friends. She needs to worry about her own survival than negotiation.

I didn't say guns-blazing, but they wouldn't just show up on a shuttle painted in hippie colors and pass out flowers to the guests. :P

Thomas Heckler wrote:
Certainly, he will need to seek negotiation, but has Zend really done enough damage? Its all been in the northern region, the Imperial region. Only the Moff Council and the Chief of State should be concerned. Incidentally, this is probably better time to have a meeting of the Galactic Union member states and show a better working relationship in game between the New Republic and Imperial Remnant.

There can be a meeting between the IR and the NR, but this is for independent worlds and systems, though the two governments are invited. It's more of a "What are the terms for joining the True Empire? What do we have to do? Can we remain neutral instead?" type clarification.

In addition to providing a mandate for future candidates and systems. What would Zend provide for the systems which surrender completely... etc etc. By this time, the galaxy should be freaked out the ecnonomic capital of the Imperial Remnant just fell, and shipyards of the Republic are gone. It's time to pick a side.

Thomas Heckler wrote:
Honestly, what right thinking person would want to chance it? She hasn't showed restraint in the past when the opportunity has arisen. The Chief of State is on lock down and no captain in the New Republic Navy is going to let Valura go there defenseless.

Sorry, I should've clarified a bit further. I do not believe Zend would act aggressively and attempt to take prisoners because of the fact she already has taken out VIPs. There is no need for her to assassinate and invade Bespin. That would just upset the entire community. She needs some allies, whether she likes that aspect or not.

Thomas Heckler wrote:
Now, where would I fit? :P

You have Moff character pending. :P

Also I think the thing I need to clarify most:

The True Empire is not required. It is only an offer to Cray.

I would be fine with the community meeting and just having a small discussion. Naboo may join the True Empire, for example, or declare neutrality. Or, if the NR sends a delegate, might be assured enough to join their cause. This is really a place for the bigger governments to make their statements.

Plus, it's Lumiya's comin' out of the closet. I'd love for Skywalker to be there. But, if he has other things to do, besides face it off with a Sith... so be it.

:P
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 06:03pm    Post subject:

I'm in. I'm still waiting on Kyp to tell me whats up with Deyer and if i should go or not.

Technically, Minerva, M'glik and K'nika should be representing Thyferra, but if Tseneca's in the vacinity because of Deyer, she can go in their stead. On top of all that, I pretty much go wherever the young sire of Kuat does, as I am his main mode of transportation.

Sounds like another fabulous alex plot, lets do it!
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 11:04pm    Post subject:

So, um... what if Daara wants no part? :p

Or if her response is a salvo of assault concussion missiles and heavy torpedoes? God knows, Bespin is literally just asking for a little projectile bombardment, all spindly and just hanging there... :twisted:

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 11:22pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
So, um... what if Daara wants no part? :p

Or if her response is a salvo of assault concussion missiles and heavy torpedoes? God knows, Bespin is literally just asking for a little projectile bombardment, all spindly and just hanging there... :twisted:

I think that's the point some of us have been trying to make. <_<
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 11:44pm    Post subject:

Meh, thread's too long. Didn't read. :p

It's a neat, fun little idea... I just don't see it realistically working on any angle. First off, it's being hosted by the Queen of Naboo, on Cloud City. Cloud City isn't a private ballroom for rent, and Bespin isn't under jurisdictional control of the Naboo government. Furthermore, Naboo is an independent, GU member world. Why would Grand Admiral Zend care about this conference, when her goals and aims are clearly stated and peace isn't among them? Why would Emperor Jendob I pay any attention to the Queen of Naboo when he has far, far more immediate concerns?

None of the sides has any interest in surrendering (unless you know something about the internal issues in the New Republic that I don't), with the Empire gaining two major footholds, and the Remnant and Republic losing two important but nonfatal planets isn't enough to break their will. So, the third point of the discussion is moot. As for Zend's legitimacy, both Imperial factions would more or less turn up their noses at outside arbitration. They'd no interest in the judgments of a non-aligned monarch. Non-aggression pacts with the True Empire would be more appropriately addressed to Zend herself, with requested meetings on her new worlds... not via third party, which is something she would view as cowardly and thus not to be respected.

As for planetary assimilation... again, the view would be "who are you to decide, and why should we care"? Zend will impose her terms and conditions, as she dictates.

Quote:
Warships are not tolerated, though conditions will be considered

While I could see the request being made in-character, there's no way for it to be enforced reasonably. As for out-of-character, the request would be made to CMAC, but it would also be so markedly out-of-character as well as potentially suicidal for any leaders or emissaries to show up without ambassadors. Neither Empire is the one from canon, where they're willing to prance around without escort for reasons of bravado. They're deadly serious and deadly practical. :p

I know you had some high hopes for this—as evidenced by the effort and planning you put in—but... I'm afraid I just don't see it panning out, literally from the beginning. I just figured I should say something now before you get so immersed and invested... :?

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Mason Harper
Vader

Post Posted: Sat, August 07th 2010 01:03am    Post subject:

Well if CMAC would ever get with me on making up a plot, Zend wouldn't be the only potential threat to massive amounts of important people plummeting to their death within the clouds :p

However, if Cray wants to take Zend there, then you can count Alister in on going with her. Just don't expect a lot of political speak coming from him :p
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, August 07th 2010 01:11am    Post subject:

No Skynet/GlaDOS/Hal9000 lovebaby. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Mason Harper
Vader

Post Posted: Sat, August 07th 2010 01:14am    Post subject:

Dude, if you keep dissing Mac, I'm gonna have this character do what he did back in SWU and rip out your character's eye, and not even CMAC will be able to stop me :p
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, August 07th 2010 01:17am    Post subject:

...When the hell...? :p

Expand

Back to top »
Mason Harper
Vader

Post Posted: Sat, August 07th 2010 01:19am    Post subject:

FoO and I had fun with that. :p
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, August 07th 2010 01:29am    Post subject:

I don't know what you're talking about. :p

And even if the True Empire isn't required, well... who's gonna go to a ball after the GFFA's 9/11 (or 7/7 for the Brits)? The economy will be tanking like hell due to Muunilinst's conquest and damages, Republican and Remnant leaders will be far too busy to notice or pay serious mind to such an event...

This just isn't the same atmosphere as VIII and VII. A Ball worked in those... but blood's already flowing in the streets. The war isn't cold like it was in VIII. :?

Expand

Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, August 07th 2010 02:06am    Post subject:

Hey Moff, if you are not going to read the post, nor the subsequent posts, please do not add to the ongoing conversation. It gets things a little off track, and it doesn't help anyone. I wrote a bunch of responses, but I felt like I've already touched on all of it, so I deleted it, and just wrote this. Thanks!

If you are still confused, let me know, and I can target and clarify individual points to help you understand.

Also, unless you have spoken to Cray, we are not really sure what Daara Zend would do in a given circumstance. I'm just giving offers, and he can suggest alternatives. The True Empire is a cool idea for me, because these are smaller worlds, but not really required. That point was underlined and bold. Sorry you missed it.

This is supposed to be a positive environment, and I'm open to suggestions and plot-corrections, after all, this is only a draft. I can take criticism, but I'm not sure if I am feeling that from your post.

Let me know, and I can turn on msn if you need a direct conversation/clarification.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, August 07th 2010 02:15am    Post subject:

I went back and read the thread, actually... hence my comments about the True Empire not being required. And the TL;DR thing was a joke to begin with... and of course, I did read the OP before I wrote any replies. Sorry it came off as just blowing off the whole, long thread.

Quote:
This is supposed to be a positive environment, and I'm open to suggestions and plot-corrections, after all, this is only a draft. I can take criticism, but I'm not sure if I am feeling that from your post.

I assure you, I meant nothing beyond constructive criticism. If ever there was a part where the constructive part was impossible, I tried to break it in a light-hearted manner.

Quote:
Also, unless you have spoken to Cray, we are not really sure what Daara Zend would do in a given circumstance.

Well, I did. So... :p

Quote:
The True Empire is a cool idea for me, because these are smaller worlds, but not really required. That point was underlined and bold. Sorry you missed it.

Quote:
And even if the True Empire isn't required, well...

That aside, would it be safe to assume the Remnant and/or Republic would be required—or at least very, very much preferred—to be present?

Expand

Back to top »
Katya Tranchida
Gorog

Post Posted: Sat, August 07th 2010 03:16pm    Post subject:

Would Katya be welcome as a representative of the Banking Clan as well as one of the Remnant delegates?
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Diplomatic Conference of Cloud City Plot
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: