Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
HQ of the Intergalactic Bank of the Galactic Union, Denon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » HQ of the Intergalactic Bank of the Galactic Union, Denon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, June 07th 2010 06:00pm    Post subject:

Jonas had remained silent for the duration of the day's events. When all hell broke lose, even the rush of adrenaline failed to penetrate the deep trance Valexxia had placed on him. His brain throbbed, pulsing with thoughts and venues of destruction. He had lost himself, watching as Clare fled the scene. Dex's arms wrapped around his torso, bringing him downwards and behind a crate, successfully shielding him from the blaster fire coming from Clare's pistol. In slow motion fashion, Tseneca single-handly planted a tracking device on the fleeing vessel, but in the moment of her fall, reality struck and the brainwashing subsided.

His legs moved, the calve muscles enlarging by the amount of force and speed he put into them. His legs cross the massive distance, watching as the beautiful brunette fell from the sky. His eyes closed, his heart racing as he extended his arms. This was a long pause, his eyes not daring to look and see if he had missed the mark completely, and Tseneca was laying lifeless nearby. Then, he felt her body enter his hands, his body lifting her upwards to shield her from the ground. Finally he opened his eyes, the face of the woman who had saved him from Iego staring back at him. "Thanks" she sounded shocked, but Jonas lowered her carefully,letting her feet hit the ground before he let go entirely.

"It wouldn't be the first time a woman has fallen for me." Jonas brushed his shoulder off, as though it was nothing big. His body pulsed, the muscles tender from the short burst of tremendous speed, adrenaline and muscle power. The group was silent after that, before Lucas rounded the corner.

"Was that-"

"Yes." Tseneca answered

"And they-"

"Yep."

"That bitch!"

"I KNOW!" Tseneca exclaimed, the crew gathered. Jonas laughed, the positive energy filling inside him once again. It was nice to be himself, but even then, he could feel Valexxia's control lurking in the back of his mind. He'd have to face her another day. The new matter at hand, was a fleeing Nico, a lost H6, and a stolen Badim from the traitor Clare.

"Our names were cleared," Alisson relayed at least some positivity. "Thogh the three bounty hunters, only two were found." Jonas looked curiously at Tseneca. Denon was beginning to cast a very dark shadow across the crew of the Blight Leaper....
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, June 07th 2010 08:42pm    Post subject:

"What? You think another one might be out there?" Tseneca brushed herself off as Lucas reported.

"Its possible."

She sighed. "We need to get back to the ship. who knows how long Clare had time to tinker with my systems..."

no sooner had they made it across the Denon landing platforms and into the Blight-Leaper did they discover what an understatement that premonition was.

She's disabled the nav computer... and my cuplings are shot.

Tseneca leaned rigidly against the maintenece corridor, as the others gathered, lisenting to SAMM report the details of sabatoge. He'd played back a tape too, one he had caught on a quiet evening when everyone had been asleep. It depicted clare, sneaking around the corridor outside Badim's quarters.

Tseneca threw a multi-tool on the deck as she hoisted herself out of the compartment. "I just don't get it... why would she take him?"

"Who knows." Jonas said. "We need to figure out how to fix this."

"I can get the nav back online." She wiped her hands across her forehead, leaving dark streaks of grime. "Someone needs to get some fresh cuplings. the sooner we fix that, the better... Damn."

her frustration could barely be held back. She walked away from the group, struggling with what boiled inside her. What she really wanted to know was what was on that data disk Nico had given her.

And what that bitch had said about Emmett. Couldn't be true could it? Could he really be working with her? Could they...? She couldn't bear to think about it. Her stomach twisted up in horror at the thought. Emmett, alive and with that Nico woman...

Back in her quarters, she ran a shower, cold, and washed. Her feelings enveloping her in a dark cloud. Then, Dripping, she exited the stall. She faced herself in the mirror. She didn't look as old as she felt. She had no wrinkles, her skin as smooth as it was ten years ago. Her eyes were still a startling ice blue, her hair dark and thick.

She pursed her lips, looking at her hair. She felt the emptiness, the anger, the frustration inside her. She touched the locks hanging wet over her shoulders, and knew in an instant that change was an oath to be made to herself. She couldn't fight it any longer. There were some things that had to be done, and she'd been hanging onto the past for far too long. Emmett was gone to her now, Nico had seen to that. Her homeworld, her family, gone too, and the memories of them were clinging like unwanted resin.

Reaching, she seized shears from the cabinet. She cut at the dark mess before her, and felt each lock of hair drop to the floor, beside her bare feet, with less sound then she would have imagined, and due amount of delicacy.
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Mon, June 07th 2010 09:46pm    Post subject:

delete
Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, June 07th 2010 10:24pm    Post subject:

The freighter soared past the security checkpoint as blaster fire began to fly past them. Clare watched a console as it ticked down to when they would be out of the gravity-well of Denon. They had a minute of chase to cover. She couldn’t do anything about it, this frakking freighter wasn’t fitted with any weapons of any kind. All she could do is relay information of ship movements and hope that, with the lack of weapons, that power would be diverted to bolster the ship’s shields or increase their speed. She watched the radar, suddenly seeing an A-wing coming on approach. Kyp. “Step on it.” she demanded. Kyp was catching up on them, but before he could do anything about it, the freighter cleared the gravity-well and the blue vortex of Hyperspace encircled them. They were safely heading towards Nar Shaddaa, towards Candrog.

She stepped out of the cockpit to check on Badim. “Where are you going?” the pilot asked, not taking his eyes off the controls.
She stopped, considering his question. “Just keep flying. I’m going to get some rest.”
“Whatever you say, Pateesa.”
“Frookoo’er.” she quickly shot back.

She went to cargo hold. She stopped and stared at Badim, still unconscious from her stun blaster. She sat next to the cage, leaned against it and set her tired and heavy head against the cold bars. Part of her brown hair fell through the gaps, sharing the same space as Badim. She closed her eyes and began to sleep.

Clare and Badim are en-route to Nar Shaddaa.

Clare Velez First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, June 08th 2010 02:56am    Post subject:

The Rest of the Blight Leaper's crew interactions can be found here:
http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=137&start=50
(Page 3)
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, June 14th 2010 05:38am    Post subject:

(Continued from Here.)

The terminal looked like countless others throughout the galaxy, and in many respects was. However this particular terminal was, according to ZIM, also special in it’s placement and connections.

”You’re sure this will work, right?”
”I’ve double checked the data twice. We should be able to check your account from here.”
”Without any trouble?”
”As long as we don’t make a point of drawing attention to ourselves.”
”Yeah, see, that right there is the first red flag. When have we not been good at drawing attention to ourselves?”

While Morgan had placed the money from the Trandoshan in an account with a bank that Nico supposedly hadn’t compromised, he still had enough funds in his IBGU account to make it worth checking up on. Though with all security measures in place following the terrorist woman’s attack, not to mention the general #*%$shoot that the damage had turned the amount of time required to get a response from anyone with the bank, Morgan had decided to peek in and make sure all of it was still there through ‘alternative measures’.

If ZIM was right, this terminal would allow him to take those measures without catching anyone’s attention. And not catching anyone’s attention was a pretty important thing at the moment. Last thing he wanted was to give everyone yet another reason to stick their heads between their legs and kiss the galaxy goodbye.

”Plugging in. Have fun in there.”

Popping out his computer jack, he plugged it into the slot to let ZIM do his thing. As he waited for ZIM to give him a report, he looked around to see if there was anyone about who might give him trouble in the suspiciousness department. But while he expected the droid would work fast, he did not expect a report as quickly as it came.

”Pull out.”
”What?”
”PULL OUT! EJECT! EJECT!”
”ZIM, what’s…”
”REMOVE THE JACK!”

Not interested in testing just how serious the situation was, Morgan yanked the plug-in out of the terminal.

”Ok, what wasYAH!”
”Error; Err0r…”

It was nothing that Morgan could recall having experienced before. The feeling ran first through the left side of his head, then the rest of his mechanical components followed. The feeling was far, far worse than any hangover he had ever had, yet in many ways felt similar to getting hit with the stun bolt from a blaster. Then, for a split second, he lost all control over any part of his body that he wasn’t originally born with, which caused him to fall to the ground.

”Ow! Oh, Ow! Oh, ow ow ow ow!”

The feeling when the controls returned was just as bad as when they left. The closest thing it could be compared to was one of those times when the light hits the eye after having been looking in the darkness for so long, with that feeling converted into pain and being unable to close the eye to keep out the light. Trying to get off the street, he pulled himself away from the terminal with his left arm and legs, and tried to get to an ally or other less visible location. Already there were people who nearby that had taken notice of his little incident, and he wasn’t interested in giving them reason to keep looking.

”OK, ZIM, just what the frak happened there?”

He got no reply, but instead what sounded like a bunch of random digital noises.

”ZIM?”

Having reached a suitable location, Morgan pulled himself up to lean against the wall and knocked the side of his head a couple times.

”ZIM, talk to me. Please tell me you’re not dead.”
”0code…101Kb HeX err-sk the same thing about you.”
”ZIM?”
”Present and speaking.”

The hunter let out a huge sigh of relief and tried to think of just what higher power was the right one to thank.

”And you’re all there?”
”I’m running a self-diagnostic to confirm it, but I do believe I am currently unharmed. I presume you’re the same?”
”Yeah, except for the freighter full of pain you dropped on me and kissing the whole ‘let’s not draw attention to ourselves’ thing goodbye.”
”Sorry about that. I had limited options, and took the one that on short notice I calculated would have the least likely chance of causing long-term problems.”
”Ok, let’s rewind.”

Morgan took a couple deep breaths as he rubbed various points along his head and tried to get his thoughts in order.

”Start at when I plugged in. What happened in there?”
”Long story short – the bank system has been completely compromised by a virus.”
”Give me the long version.”
”I attempted to access the system by convincing it I was a routine, low-level program. Something that could get in, take a peek at your account, and get out without anyone raising anyone’s suspicions. As long as I didn’t try to run around trying to change anything or stick my nose where it didn’t belong, it should have worked flawlessly.”
”This is where the virus comes in?”
”Correct. Someone…”
”It’s Nico. It’s got to be.”
”Likely, but it’s possible it was someone else. I have no idea how long it’s been there or where it came from. It could have been there before she attacked, or put there by someone taking advantage of her chaos.”
”But all the safe money is on Nico being the culprit.”
”I wouldn’t argue with that.”

He let that consideration go through his head a couple times.

”Is it just me, or that woman started to make me paranoid?”
”Look on the bright side. It gives you another reason to want to get rid of her.”
”Well, I suppose if I want to look on the bright side.” He said with a shrug.

”Either way, this virus is a very sophisticated program. Very well made, likely very new. No doubt it was made by someone very high up in the intelligence world. Republic, Imperials, perhaps even the Bothans…”
”Ah ha! There’s another thing we have on it being her. Remember when she said she had a contact in the Spynet? If she really doest have a contact like that, they could have made this for her to put in the system.”
”I see what you mean.”
”Anyway, you were saying?”

”Yes, someone put a virus in the system that I believe took my charade at face value and attempted to infect me with a number of it’s ‘eggs’. Given its level of sophistication, had it been completely successful I would have been compromised. Even then, I needed to take emergency action to ensure that what did get in wouldn’t spread beyond control.”
”So…you are clean, correct?”

There was a pause before ZIM’s answer that worried him.

”That is correct. I do still have one of the eggs in my system, but it has been contained, isolated, and rendered 100% completely harmless to my continued performance.”
”And you haven’t deleted it yet because?” Morgan said, worried.
”Because as it now poses no threat to my system, I believe it could be an incredibly useful tool.”

Morgan gave another sigh as he stood up. By now, he was feeling well enough to move, and the sooner he got somewhere that people wouldn’t be wondering what the frak was going on with him, the better.

”Oh, ZIM. You’re going to give me another headache.”
”What, you don’t trust me? You don’t want to hear what I have planned?”
”The first one is real debatable sometimes, especially when you do stuff like this. And yes, I not only want to hear just what you have in mind, I expect it.”
”With the virus safely contained, I believe that if given enough time, I should be able to completely dissect it to learn all about how it operates and what it’s complete purpose is. With that information, I should be able to modify it so that it will work in our favor rather than prove an obstacle. Initially it will allow me to go back into the system without encountering the same problem as before. Then, I should be able to use it to provide your account with protection against whoever installed it stealing from or modifying your account.”
”Yeah, assuming it’s still there.”
”I doubt it’s been messed with yet. It is unlikely that whoever did this would bother stealing credits out of random accounts right away if they know they can take them whenever.

Morgan had to give a light nod to that point, considering that his money wasn’t listed under his standard alias. If Nico, or whoever the real culprit was, had possessed any interest in stealing his money, he could feel safe in knowing they would never find it as long as they were looking for his money under the name of “Morgan ZIM”.

”And from there, who knows what I could possibly make of it.”
”First thing is we assume Nico’s behind it and use this information to throw a spanner into her plans. Maybe even get rich doing it.”
”I like. I like. Details. details.”
”I haven’t work those out too well yet. But I do know it involves tipping off the right people about Nico’s bug and stuff like her claim to be connected to the Spynet. New Republic or Imperial Intelligence. Someone with a lot more resources than we have and a great deal of incentive to catch her.”
”And how do we get paid?”
”By giving them the first pointers for free and suggesting there might be more if there’s credits to be exchanged for it.”

(Click Here to Continue the Story.)
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, June 15th 2010 05:09am    Post subject:

The leftovers of the Stock Exchange building brought dormant emotions to the surface. It was disturbing, dark, and depressing. How could such a prominent building be just laying before them in nothing but rubble? Coral breathed, even twenty hours after the attack, smoke and dust still cluttered the air of the Financial Promenade. Surprisingly, the casualties were kept to zero, though injuries would cost the insurance company millions of credits in claims. That was perhaps the ultimate needle in the heart, by Nico. These buildings could be rebuilt, faster and more glamorous than before. But the claims.... those would be mounted gloriously high and never ending, costing the Bank hundreds of millions in sheer pay outs and defense.

Coral stepped into a portion that remained mildly intact, a hub of networks meant to survive such an attack, one very much like the one Nico carried out. The guards parted ways, their fingers pointing to an open portal. Time to get to work.

Taking a seat on the floor, Coral began the long process of uncovering what Nico had left behind...
 Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 05:15am    Post subject:

The morning of the tenth day of the year, Coral was making her rounds across the Financial Promenade. Security footage had been released, and she was surprised to find members of the Blight Leaper as active participates of the engagement. The boy, who identified himself as Jonas Eisley, the Jedi Lucas Pallanen-Davad, Tseneca Lowry-Fink, and several new faces. Coral was quite surprised by their own accuracy. She had spent her entire later half of her career searching for the woman, and with the frak up on Iego, Coral had been screwed out of a catch of a lifetime. And here they were, just inches away from grabbing her.

Her feet pounded with each step, her breath sucking in air as she ran. It was a morning ritual, to maintain peak physical shape. Her drill instructor would be so proud that it had stuck. Thoughts reminisced of the night she had been allowed to laugh and drink with the politician and Jedi. It wasn't every day she let herself go, though, the night she had, the galaxy had gone to hell. The Jedi Temple was raided, news of the Imperial "accident" and Nico's attack on Denon sprung up. Her feet increased the rate of steps, attempting to breathe in and out to support the sudden increase in speed.

When her lungs reached a point to where they were on fire, she stopped, exhaling vast amounts of oxygen, before sucking it back in. Frakkin' Nico, she turned around, and made her way back to her hotel...

Nico in a Haystack First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, July 23rd 2010 12:15am    Post subject:

Coral had spent a large portion of week piecing together archives, and isolating the infected systems. Her entire mission had been to localize and identify what the frak she had left behind. Coral discovered it was transmitting, but when a pair of agents were sent to investigate, the transmission had suddenly disappeared- virtually deleting itself. Then it appeared again, only in a completely different set of the network, and to a planet on the otherside of the galaxy.

It was well beyond typical tracking, and most slicers, would not have been able to shut it down. Coral succeeded, but half the financial district was put without power, and considering the amount of press still covering the aftermath of Nico's attack, Bank executives were not pleased to have another issue on their hands.

Coral launched into her sixteenth consecutive hour, washing down a fresh energy shot, while chewing on some Denonian bagel. The numbers were beginning to grow longer and require much more thought, than when she had started. Retiring the expansion search to several intelligence droids, she laid peacefully across the bank floor. In the security footage, Jedi Master Durron had been with the crew of the Blight Leaper, and they had persisted that an attack on the bank was about to take place. Her eyes rolled to the security idly standing by the entrance to the mainframe. Idiots. If only they had listened!

"Attention!" Coral had removed the majority of its linguistic skills to add several hundred additional information scanners. She took the datapadd, another transmitter appeared, only this time, it was beginning to form and collect data. She clicked over the resources, bringing all of her intel droids. One by one they powered on, localizing the location, sweeping billions of networks.

Atzerri. Information was being sent to Atzerri.

Coral was able to download exact coordinates, but needed to slow the transmission down. "Bombard that bug," She ordered all the droids, and instantly, they began to upload random files, all of magnificent proportions. Coral toned the rate of transmission, enough for her to make the transit. "Pack it up, let's go." The droids rolled behind her, as she made for the exit. Not saying a word to the guards, she parted through the doors and into a Republic shuttle. "Attention Denon Traffic Control, this is Republic Intelligence officer Callatros requesting permission to leave. Over."

"Officer Callatros, this is Denon Control. You are cleared for takeoff. Good hunting." She scoffed as she flicked off the comm, and ignored the man entirely. Yeah, right. Another intel team would be arriving in the morning, and would find the source needed to stop future transmissions.

"Nico, your ass is mine." Coral breathed, firing up the thrusters...

Nico in a Haystack First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » HQ of the Intergalactic Bank of the Galactic Union, Denon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: