Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Ongoing Pirate Hunter Arc
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Ongoing Pirate Hunter Arc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, July 22nd 2010 01:37pm    Post subject: Ongoing Pirate Hunter Arc

Per Butter's suggestion, here's the thread for the bounty hunter pirate arc I have ongoing that I've managed to rope a couple people into.

Thus far, the Player Characters that will be involved are:

Morgan ZIM (Space Jawa)
Badim Soilding, Clare Velez (Orrion Carn)
Sarta the Hutt (Butters)

And as is, here's the basics on how it'll work:

Morgan and Norrteth are currently headed to Carratos, where they will encounter Clare. One or both of them will also be attacked by a bounty hunter who's under a private contract to bring them in in response to them taking out a group of pirates, due to connections they had to a crime boss.

The end result of the attack will be Morgan and Norrteth finding out about the bounty by the crime boss. However, they won't be able to take the fight directly back to him, since he in turn answers to Sarta the Hutt, and to get on a Hutts bad side like that would be a rather annoying inconvenience to have to worry about. With Clare in tow, they'll then head to Nar Shadda, where Morgan will fake yet another resurrection by Badim' former employer Dirod in order to get Badim's attention.

They will then get into the crime boss' credit accounts and use some of them to frame up a fake hit attempt on Sarta, with Badim playing the part of the assassin and the rest working to ensure he can safely get in, "fail" to kill Sarta, and back out alive from behind the scenes. Which, if the plan works as expected, will get Sarta to take care of the crime boss problem for Morgan and Norrteth for them, eliminating two problems in one shot.

So now for the discussion part. Discuss! :D
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Fri, July 23rd 2010 04:07pm    Post subject:

Just to warn everyone, until the Atzerri plot is finished, Sarta the Hutt will be indisposed.

Orrion probably can elaborate a little better than I can on Clare's role, because I did offer to do another side-plot with her using Heckler. It could be an interesting way to add a little more intrigue to the plot since Morgan will have connections to a woman running with Sarta's arch-nemesis who has just escaped his clutches who in turn is giving her a ride to wherever. :p

Anyways, I like this plot because it will introduce Sarta as a separate character, instead of just a PNPC, and it will give everyone a glimpse into the structure that Sarta has created for his organization. And I hope to give him layers as a character in the wider story, since I'm so afraid he will only be viewed in one dimension, as the bad guy. Which is intended, but I want people to see it from his perspective to. :P

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, July 23rd 2010 04:28pm    Post subject:

Well, for one Clare doesn't know Morgan except for briefly hearing about him through Badim. So they'll just run into each other. But since I heard mention of a Clawdite assassin, who takes the form of Clare to try and attack Morgan, Morgan will go after the real Clare for payback.

After settling it out, and meeting up with the fake Clare as proof, Morgan and Norrteth will realize the Clawdite was after the two for a bounty set by the pirates he had encounted a while ago.
Morgan will suggest that they need to hit a bigger crime boss, framing it on the pirates so they'll leave Morgan alone, being distracted and all. Clare will suggest Badim to be the guy they need to make the hit, Heckler suggesting Sarta to be the one getting hit.

They'll go to Nar Shaddaa, where they'll fake Dirod's resurrection somehow, and Badim hating the Duro so much and being on Nar Shaddaa at the time, he'll come running to take him out. Where he'll get contracted by Morgan, and gets reunited with Clare. They he'll make the hit and such.

That's how I view it, let me know if anything needs to be changed to fit, Jawa.
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, July 24th 2010 01:47am    Post subject:

Badim Soilding wrote:
Well, for one Clare doesn't know Morgan except for briefly hearing about him through Badim. So they'll just run into each other. But since I heard mention of a Clawdite assassin, who takes the form of Clare to try and attack Morgan, Morgan will go after the real Clare for payback.

I'm sure we can work out something for how/why they meet, I'm just not sure what yet.

Badim Soilding wrote:
After settling it out, and meeting up with the fake Clare as proof, Morgan and Norrteth will realize the Clawdite was after the two for a bounty set by the pirates he had encounted a while ago.
Morgan will suggest that they need to hit a bigger crime boss, framing it on the pirates so they'll leave Morgan alone, being distracted and all. Clare will suggest Badim to be the guy they need to make the hit, Heckler suggesting Sarta to be the one getting hit.

Actually, the pirates in question themselves aren't around anymore (at least, not in much of a position to be arranging for bounties on people themselves). What I'm imagining is that they had connections and arrangements with a crime boss, which leaves the guy in a position where he thinks he needs to get revenge on the guys who took out the operation or something like that.

As far as who the guy is, I'll leave it up to Butters to give us a name and information, since it'll be someone within Sarta's crime group.

Which is where the problem for Morgan and Norr comes in. Normally, they could just enact some counter revenge, except the crime boss in question is part of Sarta's crime group, and they can't take he fight to him without risk that Sarta in turn might put a bounty on the two like the crime boss did, and it's kind of hard for them to enact counter-revenge on a Hutt, especially for people in their line of work, due to all the annoyances that would result.

Thus, by making it look like the crime boss is trying to make a play for Sarta's position and faking an assassination attempt on the Hutt, they take care of both problems (they assume). Whether or not Clare suggests it (not a bad idea, really), Badim will be the guy they try to get the attention of to help them out.

Badim Soilding wrote:
They'll go to Nar Shaddaa, where they'll fake Dirod's resurrection somehow, and Badim hating the Duro so much and being on Nar Shaddaa at the time, he'll come running to take him out. Where he'll get contracted by Morgan, and gets reunited with Clare. They he'll make the hit and such.

Yeah, otherwise you've got it more or less right.
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Sat, July 24th 2010 04:21pm    Post subject:

Let me elaborate on the Sarta criminal network:

Basically, he is at the top with his brothers, sisters and cousins etc. (anyone who is part of the Odomanic Clan, even the adopted) at the second rung, they all can hold leadership positions (like crime boss for a planet). Then you have associates (sometimes they can be lieutenants) who work for other organizations, like pirates and smugglers, they can be considered "family friends" but can't hold any real positions of power (they can advise but not decide), then you have soldiers, who are at the bottom.

While they work closely within the structure to accomplish its goals, they can't decide anything, look at them as tools in Sarta's strategies. They are bounty hunters, front men and hired hands. To get to Sarta you need to attack a family member, especially if you want him to go somewhere in particular like Nar Shaada or something that is worth him going, like a possible deal or bargain. I hope that cleared things up for the plot.

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, July 25th 2010 02:37am    Post subject:

Hmmm...I may need to rethink things a little based on that. Give me a little time to see if I can't work something out.
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 02:56am    Post subject:

Thomas Heckler wrote:
Basically, he is at the top with his brothers, sisters and cousins etc. (anyone who is part of the Odomanic Clan, even the adopted) at the second rung, they all can hold leadership positions (like crime boss for a planet).

Do you have anyone from this rung in Sartas organization who might fit the role of the crime boss we're looking for?
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 03:25am    Post subject:

Zordo Odominic Nesba, A.K.A. Zordo the Hutt, he is in charge of the clan properties in Hutt Space. The clan has a palace on Nal Hutta where it is the HQ for operations in Hutt Space. He is Sarta's uncle and early mentor. If you try to kill him, I guarantee Sarta will come after you.

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 04:07am    Post subject:

The idea isn't to kill anyone. The idea is to make it look like one of Sarta's people (the person who was working with the pirates that Morgan and Norrteth helped eliminate) is trying to kill Sarta, so that Sarta will (hopefully) take care of that person for them.
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 04:16am    Post subject:

Morgan ZIM wrote:
The idea isn't to kill anyone. The idea is to make it look like one of Sarta's people (the person who was working with the pirates that Morgan and Norrteth helped eliminate) is trying to kill Sarta, so that Sarta will (hopefully) take care of that person for them.

I did say try didn't I? :p

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 05:03am    Post subject:

Ok, I think one of us is confused right now, I'm just not sure whether it's you or me. :?
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 10:24am    Post subject:

Its just confusing because there are so many people involved. So, you guys killed a bunch of pirates their Captain is after you with a bounty, he works for Sarta as an associate. You guys decided to snuff him out by framing him with an attack on someone important to Sarta the Hutt, Zordo the Hutt, so he'll kill the pirate Captain. Of course, this makes the plan anything but simple and leaves a huge margin of error. :P

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 01:23pm    Post subject:

Let me see if I can try sorting this out by rephrasing it.

There was a group of pirate that Morgan and Norrteth helped eliminate. These pirates have all been killed or are locked up somewhere.

These pirates had a connection of some kind with a crime boss, who himself is not a pirate (for simplicity since we don't have a person in mind yet, let's call him "Bob"). For Morgan and Norrteth's part in taking out the pirate band, "Bob" decided to seek revenge on them by putting a bounty on their heads, though it's not a 'public' one, so to speak.

Bob, in turn, is someone in Sarta's crime organization that reports to Sarta himself.

Once Morgan and Norrteth find out about Bob's revenge attempts, they are going to want to take care of Bob so they don't keep having people trying to capture/kill them.

However, they don't want to attack Bob themselves because they think that if they were responsible for eliminating Bob, Sarta would then take Bob's place as the guy seeking revenge on them. Needless to say, that would pretty well be worse than the situation they're facing now.

The plan is for them to frame Bob for trying to have Sarta killed so that, assuming he behaves the way they expect a Hutt to, Sarta will take care of Bob for them.
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 01:49pm    Post subject:

Morgan ZIM wrote:
Let me see if I can try sorting this out by rephrasing it.

There was a group of pirate that Morgan and Norrteth helped eliminate. These pirates have all been killed or are locked up somewhere.

These pirates had a connection of some kind with a crime boss, who himself is not a pirate (for simplicity since we don't have a person in mind yet, let's call him "Bob"). For Morgan and Norrteth's part in taking out the pirate band, "Bob" decided to seek revenge on them by putting a bounty on their heads, though it's not a 'public' one, so to speak.

Bob, in turn, is someone in Sarta's crime organization that reports to Sarta himself.

Once Morgan and Norrteth find out about Bob's revenge attempts, they are going to want to take care of Bob so they don't keep having people trying to capture/kill them.

However, they don't want to attack Bob themselves because they think that if they were responsible for eliminating Bob, Sarta would then take Bob's place as the guy seeking revenge on them. Needless to say, that would pretty well be worse than the situation they're facing now.

The plan is for them to frame Bob for trying to have Sarta killed so that, assuming he behaves the way they expect a Hutt to, Sarta will take care of Bob for them.

Or the guy/guys who would take Bob's place, it is a dog eat dog world out there, especially in the criminal underworld. But, anyways, what you want is a lieutenant or the soldier in charge of the pirate gang, (that is how you know they work for Sarta if a group has a soldier nearb). Soldiers don't have to be Hutts. Where did you kill these guys?

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 04:48am    Post subject:

I left the exact location a tad ambiguous, but it was out in the Outer Rim. The Quiberon Sector was one of the areas I listed the Pirates at attacking, so they weren't too far removed from Hutt Space, but otherwise I don't exactly have a solid answer for you.

If you want to look into exactly what took place, it kind of starts off in the first post of the Shape thread, at which point you can just read on through using the links.
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 03:20pm    Post subject:

There is a smuggler operation on Lyran IV, which would probably have a lieutenant stationed there in the local area to observe the spice trafficking. This area is under the Empire, I'm surprised they didn't intervene in your fight. They also don't take kindly to Sarta or his kind. This area would be under Grondo Odominic Nesba, a.k.a. "Grondo of Lyran", now there would be associates under him, a second-in-command who would probably come after you to figure out what had happened to the pirates.

I'd bet he contracted the pirates to protect the smugglers approach to Kessel and Ryloth, usually unless it was checking stores of spice to make sure they weren't being cheated, Hutts would use a third party for their security when it came to pirates. His second-in-command is a Twi'lek, who can help with the spice shipments from Ryloth, Jao'alin and probably is a bounty hunter himself. That would be the guy your trying to get killed and would be using said credits to frame him with an assassination attempt on Grondo of Lyran. I hope that clears everything up for the plot.

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 03:24pm    Post subject:

Sounds workable to me.
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, July 27th 2010 03:38pm    Post subject:

Seems like it's all worked out, and after Atzerri we can get this started on Carratos.

Wow, what great teamwork with all of us LOL! j/k
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Ongoing Pirate Hunter Arc
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: