Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Plot Tracking, Part II
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Announcements » Plot Tracking, Part II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, June 16th 2010 02:06am    Post subject: Plot Tracking, Part II

Alrighty, here's the breakdown of how the system works:

Just enter your plot name within the two BB plot text: [*plot]Test Plot[/plot*] without the asterisks. Then as that plot progresses, just continue to put that at the bottom of your posts, that way Lineage plot posts are always interlinked and you can even add two or more of these plot tags. So, if Lineage plot is ending, you put that in as your final post for the plot, then post another below it with Blight Leaper in it, signifying where you're going next. Then you with your next post you put in Blight Leaper instead so the posts stay linked.

This helps when characters are spanning the galaxy and all, say Badim is on his ship then goes for Tatooine. Instinctively, you would post in a thread on Tatooine, then back to your ship later on. Then it gets kinda hard to track where a character is without linking and doing a whole bunch of other complicated stuff. To solve that, all you need to do is keep it under the same title. So if it's Badim Plot, you would keep putting that at the bottom post so readers can easily press the next button and see the continuing post with ease.

Code:
[plot]Lineage Plot[/plot]

If you want to add details for story premise or OOC information for Co-oping buddies, you simply put ':' in front of the plot name, and then put the detail in, Like this:

Code:
[plot]Lineage Plot: This area is for plot details and OOC text for Co-oping players. Simple right?[/plot]

Thanks for watching the test!

Test Plot First Previous Next Latest

Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, June 16th 2010 02:15am    Post subject:

Orrion summed up the technical features quite well. I just wanted to give some final advice on usage. I know it would be a huge pain to go back and tag all your posts, so I think it's useful to limit retroactive plot-making to posts in a topic that represent a change - you don't have to tag every post to make it work. Maintaining continuity between topics is the most important thing, even if it's only a single post.

So, if it's the first post of a new plot in an old topic, or the first post in a new topic, or some other kind of change of topic or forum, that's how I intend to do it. If you want to go back and tag each post with a plot, go right ahead!

I know that's a bit confusing, but you can take a look at the Kastor/Greth plots on Ord Mantell to see what I mean. We plotted all of our posts on the surface, but then we realized that'd take too long to do entirely, so I only plotted my topic post on the For Better or Worse. However, if we went off the ship, I would put a plot tag into the first post in that new location. And when we come back to the ship again, I would put a plot tag there as well.

Basically, here's my advice: put a plot tag into your post when the situation changes, such as when your character enters a new thread. If you're in the same place for 20 posts, you needn't tag every post with a plot.

Keep in mind that you can have multiple plots to one post. You can have "Trip to Bastion" and also "The Backstory" ongoing at the same time, if it's relevant. The chronological order for both plots will be maintained separately.

Anyway, just wanted to say that for those of you who are wondering how to do this for your old posts. I'm sure you have questions, so don't be afraid to ask. Enjoy! :D

(Also, for an example of the OOC text feature, click the + icon in the right of the box below this post.)

Test Plot First Previous Next Latest
Expand

Moff

Post Posted: Wed, June 23rd 2010 07:38pm    Post subject:

So, will there be a repository where we can find any plot?

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, June 23rd 2010 10:26pm    Post subject:

Yes sir, there will be. That's phase II of the plot system. Work will begin on it whenever I find some spare time this week.
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 11:43pm    Post subject:

Finally got around to adding those tags to my Nik/Amara/Daegon plot, although two of the posts got swapped around somehow (The first post with the Star Raptor and the dogfight above Nar Shaddaa are in the wrong order for some reason). It's done if any of you want to go back and reread it again. ;)

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 11:45pm    Post subject:

Cool.

Off topic, are you going to continue the Daegon plot? I liked the Firefly type feel it had, despite Daegon appearing as the lead Firefly star :p
 Back to top »
Kyle Fenris
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, July 18th 2010 11:54pm    Post subject:

He's going to loop back and join up with Nik and Amara eventually...whenever I can continue that particular plot. :(

"Do svidonya, mothaf**ka."
-Moff's reaction to spambots.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Announcements » Plot Tracking, Part II
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: