Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Munificent-Class Transport "Escrow"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Colonies » Munificent-Class Transport "Escrow"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, July 05th 2010 07:26pm    Post subject: Munificent-Class Transport "Escrow"

Munificent-Class Transport Escrow

Make and Model:
* Hoersch-Kessel Drive, Inc.
* Gwori Revolutionary Industries

"Thats quite the ship you got there... where'd you get it, Ithorian Junkyard"
"Its Bhren make and Model and if you have a problem with it, you may want to rethink your choses career as a ships mechanic. It may not be much to look at, but its got the finest specs from here to shadda in two blinks..."
--Sethe Bhren in a conversation with a corellian mechanic
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, July 05th 2010 07:36pm    Post subject:

Sethe was doing fine for himself in his apartement. granted, He didn't have too much to eat and the air was off, but where it counted, he was just fine.

He wasn't worried. He had work.

the light on his side table blinked, a data pad he'd left on. Sithspit. He looked at it, running his fingers back through his long, dirty blond hair. The leaper had taken off...

Quickly, he used the tracker he'd installed to check the lightspeed coordinated. Cato Niamodia? really? That was a wierd one, even for him. But he was being paid a good amount of credits to make certain that she stayed safe.

He messaged Fink. For as long as he'd known the man he'd not been able to say no, and now he owed Fink one for paying him to look after his girl. some girl. If she was Sethes, he wouldn't of let her get away in the first place.

"Where are you going now Mesh'la" he muttered to himself, watching the Blight Leaper's trajectory in full gear...
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 06th 2010 11:57am    Post subject:

Sethe fired up the Escrow's converters. She was headed to Cato, with One Badim Soilding and another Jedi Master Kyp Durron.

He felt as if he was missing something. Even when he'd talked to Fink, the man had been vague:

"Your girls going to Cato Neimoidia." Sethe said, looking at Emmetts unshaven face.

Thats odd, you'll follow her?"

"Of course, you're paying me for this arent you?" He was frank for a minute. "Is there something I should know about this Fink? I'm not sure you've been this quiet since that spot we got in back on corellia."

"I told you not to talk about that..."

"I am wondering about the attacks we've been hearing about off the rim, sounds like the Empire's into something..." Sethe pushed

"Walls have ears, Sethe. and anyway, i'm done with that now."

"They arent wiring your ship, you had it detailed remember?"

"You never know..." Fink's voice sounded tired. "Just... don't let her get killed."

"I don't get you, you thought she was dead until a few weeks ago. That bounty sure has everyone all riled up."

"Please, Sethe." Fink put his hand to the bridge of his nose. Sethe let up.

"No, I gotcha. I'll take care of it. Over and out."

it was for a good amount of credits, chasing a beautiful (taken) woman into the Bowels of Cato. Maybe he'd have enough to move up a level. The thought of his mother for a second, wishing this were seven years ago and he could have lent the money to better use. Foolish though, those thoughts.

He set coordinates for Cato Neimoidia
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, July 09th 2010 11:45pm    Post subject:

Sethe arrived on Cato with enough time to use the 'fresher and beat down his duster cloak. It still smelled like Tseneca from when she'd "stolen" it. He tried not to think about it. the last thing he needed was to get hard up for someone else's girl. his priorities inhibited it any way. He hardly new her and was better solo.

He patched into her comm network. No comms were private when it came to his need to eavesdrop, and with his patch in the Blight Leaper, he had open access to all of it. He found her quickly, and docked in the same bay.

He knew she wasn't stupid. She probably knew she was being followed and knew how to handle herself. Why Fink had sent him on a bantha chase like this was beyond knowing... but then again, it was 90 percent possible Fink knew something he didn't.

He shut down boosters and patched with the Leaper. the AI system wouldn't guess a thing with the wiring modifications he'd put into the Escrow. This wasn't Sethes first rodeo.

He listened in as Tseneca spoke with her Jedi friend back on corouscant...

Tag: alex
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, July 12th 2010 05:47pm    Post subject:

Sethe watched as the leaper took off.

Falucia? Fink wasn't paying him enough to track this woman halfway across the galaxy. He entered the coordinates. The good thing was, instead of looking out for bounty hunters, he'd be watching for man-eating plants. Or ghosts. whichever came first.

Sethe waited a half hour, then started boosters, ready to pursue the othership into the outers.

one man's treasure First Previous Next Latest
haunting on felucia First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, July 22nd 2010 12:03pm    Post subject:

Sethe was getting out of the 'fresher when the comm channel opened. He accepted. It was Tseneca.

He pulled the Towel a little tighter around his waist self-consciously.

"Is this a bad time?" She asked, flipping her hair away from her face. Those big blue eyes looked back at him, regarding him in a way that made him feel naked, even with the towel.

"Mesh'la." He greeted. "No, I just didn't expect you to--- well, I wasn't sure the comm channel went both ways-- can I help you with something?"

She looked away from the screen. "As much as I hate to admit it, I need your help."

"One sec." He pushed the screen away and dressed quickly. Then he took a seat on his bunk and brought her back. She continued, looking relieved.

"Jonas is in bad shape, I've made the decision to go to Thyferra, I might be able to pull some strings there to help him. But first, I need you to run some intelligence on the planet."

He considered this. "How much information?"

"The last 20 years."

Sethe almost choked. "Are you serious!?"

"You're getting paid to help me, right? I need help with this."

He shook his head. "You can't run stats yourself?"

"I can't be seen rifling through data for... personal reasons. I do have a data disk that might be useful. I need you to focus on the Cartel and Bakh-Lowry's investitures. Also his political activity. Anything you can find thats strange, or, out of place."

He studied her face. "Like embezzlements."

"Oh, I already know he's cheating the system. I'm talking heavy handed things, humanitarian things."

Sethe frowned. "like murder?"

Tseneca sighed. "If I knew, I wouldn't be asking you, now would I?"

Sethe put his hands up. "don't get your knickers all in a knot, gorgeous. Send me the data, I'll get on it and patch you when I'm through."

"Thanks." She said, then, "I appreciate it."

He nodded and shut the channel. Then he paused, and made another patch.

Emmetts face appeared on screen.

"You get all that?" He asked

Emmett looked back, scratching a rough spot on his unshaven face. "Yes," He took a breath. "She's going home."

Acrid Bacta and Bloodlines First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, July 22nd 2010 05:37pm    Post subject:

Sethe lowered the plank and helped guide the hover-gurney into the ship. He'd offered his own sickbay up for Jonas. The boy was dying, and the oxygen mask around his mouth steamed with minor exhalations of breath. He pushed the comm.

"We're in, Mesh'la." She said. Tseneca made a noise garbled by the feed and he took it as an affirmative. They were good to go.

He helped hook Jonas up to the life support and then fled to the cockpit to start boosters. The leaper was off the ground already, The escrow directly behind her. He went back to sickbay.

"Got everything you need?" He asked the young Jedi. Tseneca had called him Lucas.

The boy looked warily at Sethe. "Yes, thank you." He was probing, Sethe could tell by the faraway look in his eyes.

"Look all you want kid, i'm not the enemy here." Sethe said running a hand through his hair. He had to be carefull with this one. Lucas meant a lot to tseneca, as a fact. He didn't want to cause trouble.

"I'm just wondering where you came from, thats all. You say you're being payed to keep tseneca out of trouble?"

"So i'm going to have to answer to you, now? I thought I was doing a fine deed letting you use my ship..."

"I'm not questioning that." Lucas said.

"Then what exactly are you questioning?" Sethe asked back.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, July 22nd 2010 06:25pm    Post subject:

Lucas could feel life in Jonas, as dormant and as small as it was, but the didn't like how Sethe was hiding behind a friend-charade. He had to know Lucas was a member of the Order, and all the abilities which went with it. Lucas crossed his arms, a defensive posture to be sure, but allowed Sethe to think about what his response might be. Sethe was mentally well defended, a trait no doubt favored by the one paying him.

"I can sense when you're lying, you know." Lucas added, though it was a parlor trick Bhren already knew about. Lucas waived his hand, "Tell me who you're working for."

"The Ghost of Life Day Past." Sethe leaned against the bulkhead, "Nice try."

Lucas shrugged, "It was worth a shot, though it was only a passive one. I could probably get you to tell me what I want..." His eyes darted to Jonas, "But since you are helping us out, I guess I can abide the time for now." Sethe was inwardly difficult to read, and the emotions rather suppressed. Lucas smiled at his opponent, but Alisson tried a different tact.

"The equipment is high credit. And the communication and tracking device you placed aboard the Leaper has failed many detection screenings." Her legs were crossed at the beginning, but she shifted to stand, "Not many people in the galaxy can provide such technology."

"Your point?"

"It narrows the odds quite a bit. Government issued, no doubt." Lucas caught on to what she was saying, and allowed her to continue, "Imperials, maybe. New Republic, doubt it. Bothans, yes."

"So I work for the Spynet now?"

Lucas shook his head, "Maybe not, but someone would have to be on par with their agency." The game seemed to thin Sethe's patience, but he played along nonetheless. "How do we know you're not working for Nico and some diabolic plot to get us all captured?"
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, July 23rd 2010 11:48am    Post subject:

"Not my type." Sethe said. "I'm not usually the kind who attaches himself to people like Nico." Then, realizing that he was being subject to interrogation. "Anyway, he said, checking the lines on Jonas's sleeping form. "I don't have to explain myself to you. Isn't it enough I'm helping you to Thyferra? You have safe passage on my ship."

Without another word, he turned and went back to the cockpit.

The net scan he'd run on Dmtir Bakh- Lowry was vague, but he'd given Emmett the information too. The conversation had gone thus:

"You need to let her know she's entering hostile environment. Her Uncle will kill her if she shows up in person" emmett said

"I don't think she's planning on it. She told me she's be getting in touch with the Ashern resistance group on the outlands..."

Emmett scratched his beard again. "she doesn't know what she's getting into. I've been keeping up, Dmtir has turned most humans against Vratix, the natives are practically slaves. He's robbed them of primary and secondary rights allotted to them by the prior government, The one her father set up. The Vratix wont accept humans in their domains, not even the Ashern will welcome two ships landing in the outlands."

"I don't think she's going to back down. Its a friend of hers, he's dying." Sethe told him.

Emmett sighed. "Altruism. I'd have thought that would have been beaten out of her by now. Fine, just... let her know what she'd in for."

At present, Sethe opened a channel to the Leaper, and filled Tseneca in on what he knew. Dmtir was iron fisting the planet and opressing its native species. He was violent and fascist, which he assumed she already knew. They would be entering a Thyferra far different then it was twenty years ago.

Tseneca sighed into the comm. "Thank you, I'm going to try and contact the Ashern to get passage. How's Jonas?"

"Faring." Sethe said. It was obvious her worry, her brow was furrowed and her cheeks flushed. "Its Lucas im having a problem with, he doesn't trust me, yet."

She smiled a little. "None of us do Sethe. Thats what happens when you beacon my ship and chase us halfway across the galaxy"

"Not us, Mesh'la, just you." He smirked. "You should get some sleep, those bags under your eyes aren't going to go away themselves..."

"Flattery will get you nowhere." She said and shut the link off.

Sethe leaned back, listening to the whirring of hyperspace.
 Back to top »
Alisson
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, July 23rd 2010 03:27pm    Post subject:

Bhren left and the conversation ended with his parting. Alisson took note of the man, recording everything he said. Lucas caught her gaze for a moment, and she moved to the computer terminal in the room. "I'll slice into the ship's system." Lucas put a hand on her shoulder.

"For now, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, seriously, with you and I aboard, there is no way he's going to hijack us. But why don't you work on getting the sick bay operating separately from the rest of the ship. I do not like having Jonas dependent on the whim of an unknown hero."

Alisson nodded. It was a backup plan in case Sethe intended to blackmail them with Jonas' health. Over-caution could not hurt, especially when Sethe volunteered so little information. He had to know the 'benefit of the doubt' could only get him so far. Alisson sliced through the defenses, they were relatively difficult, and noticed additional power than was typically recorded had been flushed to the communications system. Curiosity might've gotten the best of her, had Lucas not appeared to check on her progress.

"Fine, its done. I can siphon power from the backup hyperdrive, if we need to." She returned to her seat, hoping they were mildly undetected. If not, he'd have a hell of a time re-routing control. He should see it as an act of ensuring Jonas' safety on the basis of the knowledge he had provided them. Bounty hunters will wear many masks.

Alisson checked her blasters, and Lucas physically tensed up. "You are always the nervous type." Alisson crossed her arms, slightly confused by what he meant. she questioned him, and he answered, "I remember when we were kids, you were almost too protective. Hell, half the droids had to be 'inspected' and you double checked everything I programmed into them."

"It was dangerous letting a child roam free inside artificial programming, you could've missed a simple algorithm and turned a harmless protocol droid into a serial killer."

"Hardly," the boy scoffed, but his tone remained playfully thoughtful. "Were you that way with Kris?" Kris was a sore subject. He never seemed to like her, and she, as a result, favored him less. He was rumored to have built his own droid companion, a sexier, smarter, faster-Alisson. Except, it lacked the Human Replicated appearance. It was bare, just a body of standing wires and lame gizmos.

"Kris is different. He did and does what he wants. Your parents didn't ship him off to an Imperial Youth Academy for no reason." Lucas seemed to reflect on these words, but she needed to stress something, "You and Damian were not the angels you made out to be to your parents. I have recorded nearly two hundred incidents that could have altered his personality, should you have played a genuine and kind older sibling." Lucas shifted in his seat, a psychological sign she was getting to him. It wasn't her intention to aggravate him, but Kristopher required affection, when instead, he was easily cast into the shadows. Rarely the family speaks of him, except Arlyn.

"Let's talk about something else," Lucas drifted, his eyes lids shutting. It was a defensive mechanism, he used this many times before. Alisson opened her mouth to pursue the continuation of conversation, but decided it wasn't worth the effort. It would only sour the vulnerable state he was already in.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, July 26th 2010 11:15am    Post subject:

Continues on:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=380
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 03rd 2010 06:23pm    Post subject:

Continued from: http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8983#8983
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 03rd 2010 07:09pm    Post subject:

Sara entered The Escrow with the group heading to Ord Mantell, to deal with Jelahan and avenge Clare. The Escrow seemed just as large as The Leaper, with a little less style and more grungy than Tseneca’s ship. But it was owned and piloted by a friend who had helped them on Felucia and Thyferra, and she knew Tseneca needed to be with a closer friend, that being Lucas, having been traveling together a lot longer than the others. They were heading to Naboo, SAMM had said over their comlinks. So that’s where they would all go after they were done with Jelahan.

There weren’t many rooms for everyone to sleep in, so people had to bunk together. It was natural that Firi and Dex room together. And everyone else had already picked roommates, Sethe deciding to reside in the cockpit, H6 in the cargo hold. Jaira would room with Kyp, while that left Badim and Sara. She felt uncomfortable, but requesting to swap roommates would come across as uncaring, but no one knew about the sensitive situation between the two and the kiss she had disrespectfully given to Badim, aside from a tight-lipped SAMM.

H6 powered down in a corner, Firi and Dex taking up residence in their temporary home, Jaira and Kyp doing the same as with Badim and herself.

The two were silent, Sara not bothering in taking off her clothes, both in tiredness and respect, and slowly climbed into her bunk. She shifted sides to give Badim some privacy while he changed his outfit to his street clothes.

Jelahan and Clare fell on her mind, and Sara’s own betrayal of Clare continued to bother her, no matter if it was to try and comfort Badim.
“Badim?” she said, shifting back to face Badim, fully dressed in his street clothes now, “I want to apologize again for… What happened in sickbay three days ago. I shouldn‘t have done that, it was wrong and I betrayed Clare for doing it.”

“No. Clare wouldn’t have wanted to see me like this, alone and hopeless,” he paused, heaving a sigh like so many of the other ones in the past few days, “I know you meant it in good heart, Sara, but I can’t do that anymore. Clare was the only one for me, and now she’s gone.”

Sara felt pained, she had kissed Badim, making him feel even worse because of it, it seemed.
“But I’m sorry, Badim. It wasn’t right for me to do that to you, after all that you have gone through, I should have been more respectful…”

“Like I said in the sickbay, I don’t judge you. You’re still my friend, and we’ll deal with Jelahan on Ord Mantell with Clare watching over our shoulders.”

Sara smiled, then rolled over in her bunk as Badim left to talk to Sethe.

Convictions First Previous Next Latest
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 03rd 2010 09:57pm    Post subject:

Badim left his accommodations to speak to Sethe, letting Sara get some sleep before they arrived at Ord Mantell. Badim walked through the corridors of The Escrow towards the cockpit, feeling the ship rise off the ground and fly upwards into the sky, and quickly outside of the atmosphere. He paced inside the cockpit, seeing Sethe at the controls. Sethe tilted his head to Badim as he entered, quickly waving him to sit in the co-pilot’s seat.
“You know where we’re heading, right?” Badim asked, insuring Sethe had caught his words correctly.

Zeltros, right?” he teased, then quickly continued, “Ord Mantell, I know.”

Badim kept quiet, watching as Sethe input the coordinates for Mantell and the lines of stars shift into hyperspace. Badim sighed solemnly, reminded of his first night with Clare, the lines of hyperspace they saw together after their exertions. He was reminded of her smile, the feel of her lips and the gentle sway of her hair. Her hair and skin had felt like silk, his hands comforted by it’s feel and trying to not slip from how smooth she was.
He clasped his fingers into a gentle fist, trying to remember the sensation more vividly, but it was continuing to escape his memory. But her smile would never leave, but neither will her screams of pained death.
Badim began to fidget, uneasily flicking his wrist blade in and out in anticipation, wondering if this blade would bring Jelahan to justice, or even at all.
“How you holding up?” Sethe asked, tilting his chair to Badim as he watched him extend and retract his blades.

“I’ll be fine once I deal with Jelahan.” Badim coarsely answered, his blades still fidgeting.

“You know killing isn’t always the answer to everything.” Sethe answered as he leaned back into his chair, crossed his hands behind his head and closed his eyes to relax.

“I didn’t imply I was going to kill him,” Badim said. Sethe opened one of his closed eyes to see he was telling the truth, he was still confused as to what choice he should choose, “But it’s still an open option.”

Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, August 04th 2010 12:11pm    Post subject:

Badim was positively lathered in revenge, that much was clear. Sethe himself, even with a tumultuous adolescence, had never had a vengeful bone in his body. So he couldn't quite relate to Badim's fervor, though he'd suppy him with the help he needed.

"It's not my place to comment." He finally said. "I don't know you as well as Tseneca does and it seems you've already got things covered. I'll help you if you need it."

Badim nodded. Then, after a moment, said. "Are you worried about her? Tseneca, i mean."

"I know who you mean." Sethe shifted uncomfortably. He was horribly worried about her, and had no idea how to deal with the fact. He was, frankly, grieving the loss of his best friend, but his feelings for his best friends girl hadn't changed one bit. When they'd taken Emmett's ashes to the hilltop... who else would have been there for her. He felt like he needed to be there for her, but he was so obviously running from her it was almost embarrassing. She'd asked him if he'd come back, would he?
"She'll be fine." He answered Badim, and that was that.
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, August 05th 2010 12:36am    Post subject:

Forgot to post this:

The Escrow is now en route to Ord Mantell.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 01:27am    Post subject:

Badim had been sitting in the cockpit with Sethe, conversations scarce and brief. Badim had mostly been fixated on the chrono in The Escrow’s computer console as it counted down the time to their approximated arrival to Ord Mantell. Sara was up, along with most everyone else aside from Firi, Dex and H6, still resting for the last half-hour of transit in Hyperspace, then the half-hour to enter the busy spaceports of Worlport.
Sara and Jaira prepared their weapons as Durron meditated through the Force, while Badim sat with his eyes still fixed on the chrono.

“Badim,” Sethe said, gently nudging Badim’s shoulder to try and break him out of his trance, “You okay? You‘ve been staring at that console since we left Thyferra.”

“Yeah,” he replied, thinking of how he’d find Jelahan on Ord Mantell, or if Jelahan would find him, “Just wondering where to start at Worlport.”

Sethe leaned back in his seat, relaxing while he waited for the swirling blue vortex of Hyperspace to evaporate as well, “Don’t worry about it. You’ll find Jelahan. Just…” he turned to Badim, “Be careful. Don’t make the wrong decisions or do something you’ll regret. You won’t like the picture that will stay with you…”

Badim contemplated Sethe’s words and nodded to them. But he still wondered what Jelahan deserved. Surely Retribution and torture for murdering the one Badim loved… Jelahan had also lost as well, and perhaps it was already even.
But it couldn’t be, Jelahan was egging Badim on, wanting him to come and challenge him by deliberately giving Badim his name, and revealing Dorniekke having had a hand in it.

He had promised to destroy his closest friend for giving away the two to Jelahan, but he let him go instead, sending him into exile from the Galaxy out of fear, to roll in the idea that he had killed someone important to Badim, his once friend.
Before he could contemplate further, the approximated time of a half-hour turning out to being ten minutes, the lights of stares fading to back to individual dots as the blue vortex that had surrounded them disappeared, and the world of Ord Mantell appeared to them.

Tag: Jess

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, August 06th 2010 01:27am    Post subject:

Continues here:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=8173#8173
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Sat, August 14th 2010 07:18pm    Post subject:

Kyp boarded the Escrow behind everyone but Sethe who brought up the rear. The recent times with the crew had been difficult. Clare, first. Emmett, second. Now Badim, third. Kyp wondered how long all their resolves would last with the growing threat of Zend's Empire. The thought of the Empire rising up sent a cold wave across his body. He shook from the spectre chill and didn't garner any response from his current companions.

Current Companions

He wondered how long they'd all last, himself included. Death and personal endeavors had split them down the middle. Hopefully Naboo would be a welcome change from the daily conflict that had became a norm aboard the Blight Leaper.

Kyp moved in silence and took a seat in the common area for the time being. He quickly removed his boots and sat cross legged on the cushion bench. Soon after Kyp slid off into his own mind to dream of a blue, water covered, planet. It's oceans as tranquil as a spring breeze and it's pale blue sky only occasionally ruined by a wayward wisp of cloud.

Soon.......soon.

Tag: Jess
Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, August 15th 2010 03:51am    Post subject:

Sara entered The Escrow with the others, returning to her quarters to rest and contemplate further on what Badim had said to her. His life had been happy, and he and Clare surely would have both been dead at Candrog’s hand, if it weren’t for the three joining The Blight Leaper. But that wasn’t going to change the fact that Clare was dead, and Badim might as well be too. The others were silent as they reentered the ship, yet another member short of the crew. Curiously wondering who was next with the bounty on their heads. Sara pondered it herself. But she would gladly step in front of a blaster bolt if it meant saving the life of another aboard The Leaper, it was the least she could do.

Even for a complete stranger, dimly knowing her. She was sure some of them would step in front of her for the same reason. But she wouldn’t allow that. She wasn’t worth it to them, but they were worth it to her. They had taken her in as with Badim and Clare, welcomed them with opened arms, and felt the same pain Badim did, if even partially. Following and risking their lives so Badim could step in front of Jelahan, and do the right thing.

Despite what Badim had said, You shouldn’t have done that, she needed to kill Jelahan. He had harmed her friend, and killed another. Not to mention attempting the same thing with Firi, Dex, Jaira and Kyp.
Jelahan, or The Insane One as H6 had put it, needed to die. He was too dangerous, and would have surely come after Badim again, and The Blight Leaper for interfering with his plans.

Sara shook her head lightly, pressing her hands against her face as she sat at the edge of her bed within The Escrow, one or two of Badim’s belongings and weapons still within, but absent of him himself. She felt the side of her cheek. Hale and smooth. She must have been just grazed and just got a sunburn almost. Though she could feel the rawness within, the throbbing and possibly a trickle of blood. It must have just been the heat of the battle that made her jump to such a conclusion of a deeper wound.

She lay back in her bed, closing her eyes and wondering where Badim and H6 were now. If they were alright and what they were doing. Hopefully, she prayed, he didn’t return to his… Pre-her self. He needed to keep his moral and his way of life intact, or the Death of Jelahan and the Vengeance for Clare would have been in vain.

She quickly heard something drop and clank in the room, a glass having fallen off the nightstand. She sighed and cleaned the broken glass up and disposing of it. She began to move back to her bunk, when she was interrupted by a knock.
Sara slowly paced to the door and opened it, Jaira, still in her armor, heaving a duffle bag over her shoulder and asking to come in.
“Kyp too much for you?” she snickered and grinned, though hoped that Kyp, just down the hall and in the common area hadn’t heard it.

“Nah,” Jaira said as she let herself in, though Sara didn’t mind, “Just thought he’d like a room to himself instead of me sharing it with him. Being a bounty hunter and all. He have a thing against bounty hunters, by the way?”

Sara pondered, then answered the question, “Yeah. Well, at least to one in particular. A bounty hunter looking for revenge after her vibroblade exploded and blew her hand off. She’s been after him since we left Denon two and a half weeks ago.”

“Ouch,” Jaira replied, quickly taking her armor off, revealing just a simple jumpsuit underneath, “Bitch holds a grudge.”

The two laughed, then quickly entered their separate bunks and began to drift to sleep.
“Sara?”

“Yeah?”

“You were the first, right?” she paused, then clarified a little more, “The first one Badim saved from a bounty?”

“…Yeah…Apparently so.” Sara said as she rolled in her bunk. She was the first, as Badim had told her, and the first to change his life forever, setting him down a path that erased his dark, grim-filled life. Setting his morals of Justice straight. However, she still wondered why he let her go in the first place, something even he couldn’t even answer specifically.
“Think he’ll be okay? He’s a good man, I just hope he doesn’t return to his previous path. He only briefly told me about it, and how you changed it, and I don’t want him to return to that path.”

“I think he’ll be fine. He’s got H6,” Sara answered. Letting a brief pause follow, contemplating Jaira’s words before continuing, “And neither do I.”

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 16th 2010 10:41am    Post subject:

Sethe allowed for everyone to be tucked in before taking his place at the helm.

Badim had left, and he hadn't been able to tell him what he's seen on the vid. He felt a twinge of guilt twist in his gut, but then, what would it have done? Would the man, too far gone in his own quest, had listened to him?

He tapped his fingers on the dash impatiently, surrepitiously checked take-off procedures, and then tried to raise Tseneca on the Leapers comm. She wasn't aboard, what had he expected?

He had to go to naboo, even as far as dropping the others at the waypoint. Whether or not he would stay remained to be questioned. That night they'd left Thyferra, Tseneca had asked him so carefully if he'd be back, and he wasn't able to give her a straight answer then. Even now... he'd just been on his own for so long...

He sighed and rose the ship to take off, jolting it into hyperspace.
 Back to top »
Dex Fashiir
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, August 16th 2010 11:08am    Post subject:

PG-13 for "kinda racy..."

Dex dropped his pack in their quarters. That mission had been fruitless as ever. He wasn't sure if he respected Badim or despised what he thought lacked follow through in light of his actions with Jelahan. On top of that, he was a little irritated with Firi for her irrational need to have tagged along. This wasn't what he'd signed up for. He wasn't sure what it was he'd signed up for, but he knew that wasn't it.

Firi lay stretched on the larger bunk. She was watching him as he changed his shirt. He began to feel more self conscious, knowing his body was small and scrawny compared to other men. He turned his back toward her.

"Are you mad at me?" She asked, her voice soft. He shivered, but held fast.

"I just don't see why we had to go through all of that. It just seemed..."

"Badim needed our help. Its what we do as a crew."

Dex turned back and met her silvery gaze. "What makes you so sure this is a crew? You joined as a refugee... you're no bigger part of it than I am."

Firi frowned and sat up. Her golden hair cascaded down her back as gravity took it. "Dex, why are you making shots? whats wrong?"

He shook his head. She was just so... forward. "your roguish altruism." He put it bluntly. "Is going to get us killed."

She frowned still, but gave him a knowing look. "I can understand how you can harbor frustration, but it was the Leaper crew that saved me from Iego, where I would have died. If they'd left me where i was after Aquar died, I wouldn't have survived the night."

Dex snorted. "Aquar... was the one that did the damage."

"Are you jealous?" Firi fixed him with her gaze and he held his breath.

"N-no". He was suddenly nervous, as she stood up and walked toward him. He swallowed as she neared, pushing him, back against the blast wall of the ship. He felt his blood run warm as she reached up and ran her fingers through his hair, which had fallen flat from exertion.

"You shouldn't be." She said, her voice almost a low hum. She stood on her toes and kissed him deeply, moving her tongue to match his. He slid his hand down, pulling her closer, weighing upon the small of her back, the low curvature of her hips, even as he felt her hands beneath the fabric of his shirt, long fingers stroking the contours of his abdomen.

He felt her mouth on his cheek, his ears and his neck, and amid the overwhelming desire he pushed his own hand gently through her hair to stop her, to push her back for just a second.

"are you sure about this?"

In answer, she unbuttoned her tunic and slid it down over her shoulders. Her bare skin glowed like pale porcelain, long hair tumbling over it like a water fall. He gave a small, helpless groan. Undressed, she pulled him to the bunk, and he bore her gently down.

"I don't want to hurt you." He whispered, but she brought him closer again with the tips of her fingers.

"There's a first time for everything..." Her voice hummed back.
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 01:06pm    Post subject:

The humming of the engines was taking a toll on his exhaustion. Tseneca had already fallen asleep in the copilots chair beside him, and Jonas had left the console beneath, quietly so as not to disturb any of them.

Sethe looked over at Tseneca. She was breathing deeply, easy and relaxed. He took pleasure in seeing her like that... knowing how she was as a person, seeing her let her ever-present guard down made him feel as if yet another dimension was being revealed to him.

He looked out across the sky. They'd been traveling for hours, but sleep was the last thing he wanted. He was wondering what he'd saddled himself with, good or bad. Between the numerous egos he was ferrying across the galaxy he couldn't help but wonder why he'd climbed on board as readily as he did. But then he looked at the sleeping woman next to him and knew almost immediately.

The baby... what about the baby? Tseneca was more than willing to be a single mother, but how could she possibly do it alone? On second thought, there was Lucas, and Jonas, Firi... and himself.

He leaned over and brushed a piece of hair off of her face. She didn't stir.
It didn't matter... because the streams of stars fell and there was Tatooine, bright and baleful in the port windows.

Sethe began docking procedures.
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 02:20pm    Post subject:

Jonas had managed to get an hour or two in, before the rays of the two stirred him from the dreams of Naboo and Lucas. Taking a moment to collect himself, and for the body to settle, he rose and took the short walk to the bridge. Tseneca was resting still as Jonas quietly took his seat. Sethe yawned, stretching his hands into the air, before the monitor clicked on. Jonas looked up, when a cloud of static, then magnificent boom on all the speakers of the ship pounded some galactic rock band. Tseneca jumped several feet from her chair, the look on her face summed up what everyone was feeling: what the frak!?

Suddenly, a strange voice emerged above the heavy rock of the metallic music. "The Devil's End Cantina! The Devil's End Cantina!" It was deep, yet reminded him of a speeder commercial that would play across the holobands. It was almost goofy, in a way, but a strange and twisted laugh, set the tone back to disturbing.

"Damn the white tree!" Jonas breathed, making a religious swear to the Ithorian culture. It was the worst thing he could think of, besides frak. "How the hell did that happen? He, or she," He couldn't rule out that the person who stole the Blight Leaper could be a woman... "was able to slice through your ship's security net?" Jonas recalled a conversation with Alisson. She was rather impressed with the measures Bhren had taken.

"I'm not sure how..." Sethe looked flabbergasted, as Tseneca's features returned from shocked to normal. She holstered her blaster, and tossed them each a vibro dagger. They didn't really have a choice.

The Devil's End Cantina.
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 02:22pm    Post subject:

Continues Here:
http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=662
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Colonies » Munificent-Class Transport "Escrow"
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: