Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Application for Mason Harper
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Applications » Application for Mason Harper
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mason Harper
Vader

Post Posted: Wed, August 19th 2009 02:10am    Post subject: Application for Mason Harper

Player Nickname (will be displayed under your account name): Vader
MSNIM: lord_vader672@hotmail.com

Name: Mason Harper
Species: Human
Homeworld: Corellia
Desired Faction: Himself
Desired Occupation: Galactic Mischief Maker (tee hee)
Force Sensitivity: Hell yes
Anything you'd like to tell us about the character: He's an insane former Jedi with epic skillz in telekinesis. Practices the old Form II. And also flies an old modified black YT-1300. (the epic skillz will be explained after the bio. Don't want any misunderstandings)
Summarized Biography: Mason Harper was once a rather promising Jedi. But before that he served as an infiltraitor in the New Republic. He was able to get in and out of almost any kind of installation without being seen or heard. Most just figured he was just very good at his job, but his actions caught the attention of a few notable figures in the New Republic government. Eventually he was found to be Force sensitive and was taken to the Jedi Praxeum on Yavin IV. There he was taught the ways of the force.

Mason learned fairly quickly how to control the living Force as well as how to wield a lightsaber, but as he advanced, his mental health became somewhat...unstable. During a training session his mind snapped and he lifted his sparring partner into the air then slammed him into a stone wall. Laughing hysterically as he kept building pressure on the students body. He would have been crushed to death if one of the Masters had not incapacitated him.

He was then taken to the med bay and was restrained until the other Masters decided how to handle the alarming situation. Upon awakening, Mason removed his restraints and escaped the Academy by stowing aboard one of the departing supply shuttles where he eventually made his way back to his homeworld of Corellia.

After a few months of hiding, Mason finally decided to leave the Core. 'Liberating' an old YT-1300, he made his way towards the Outer Rim. Making upgrades to his ship with parts he stole from various manufacturers. One of the objects he seized was an experimental AI made for star ships. It was simply called 'MAC'. Mason didn't bother to learn what it stood for nor did he care to. He tested the program and was immediately taken with it for its ruthless attitude towards all life. Organics in particular.

For several years Mason pondered what he would do with all the free time he had since he escaped from the Jedi Academy. He wanted something fun. Something that would allow him to use all of his skills. Then it finally came to him. What would be more fun and challenging then making the entire galaxy tear itself apart?

Hm. That bio does not do this character justice. Hopefully I can show just what kind of a person he is IC. Anyway.

His skills with telekinesis are supposed to be impressive, but only in a certain way. He can't, for example, pull a Star Destroyer out of the sky, or hurl several senate pods at little green guys. His telekinetic abilities are more focused. As in, he can crush a wrist or someones neck. Maybe even break a bone, but I haven't really explored the more aggressive aspects of it. Mostly he just moves things around and hits people with said things :p
He can also manipulate liquids (again, limited. One very fun example of this is in the RPG where I introduced his insanity :D If Cheapy was paying attention, he would probably know what I am talking about :p)

Anyway. Good? Bad? Keep in mind this is my first time making a character for an RPG that I have less freedom with...I have a bad feeling about this...

EDIT: Ok. MAC = Lesser cousin to PC :p

No, MAC, stands for Mobile. Adaptable. Computer. Yeah not very good with acronyms. Basically it can be put in any kind of ship and it'll automatically learn the functions of said ship. This model's development was halted because it was very verbally abusive to most of the organics it worked with :p
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Thu, August 20th 2009 01:30am    Post subject:

Application looks good!

Although, there is one bit that we would like you to change. The whole bit with the HAL computer has the potential to lead to an inappropriate crossover. If you could either drop it or change it so that it comes across as an original concept, that would be great! Thanks!
 Back to top »
Mason Harper
Vader

Post Posted: Thu, August 20th 2009 12:25pm    Post subject:

Awwwww :p

Well I can change the name, but not the personality because I assure you it is noting like HAL 9000 from 2001: A Space Odyssey (personality is more along the lines of HK-47's attitude mixed with...a talking computer...:p). Merely used the name because he was just so damn cool :p
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Fri, August 21st 2009 12:00am    Post subject:

Yes, we would very much appreciate a name change. As for the program itself, as long as it's nothing like HAL in the 2001 film, that should be fine.

You're good to go! :)
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Sun, June 13th 2010 02:12am    Post subject:

Character has been rebooted on player's request. There was no interaction with the galaxy, so a new application or forum account will not be needed.
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Applications » Application for Mason Harper
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: