Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Honest Drekk’s Inner Body Shop; Nar Shadda
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Hutt Space » Honest Drekk’s Inner Body Shop; Nar Shadda
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, May 06th 2010 02:40pm    Post subject: Honest Drekk’s Inner Body Shop; Nar Shadda

(Continued from Here.)

“Honest Drekk’s Inner Body Shop”

For some reason, Morgan had never paid much attention to the sign over the street-side entrance to the ship repair shop Norrteth was so fond of. But now that he was giving it real attention, he couldn’t help but notice how it gave off the vibe of a used speeder lot.

“& Used Transport Pit”

That part of the sign helped.

It’s on the Inside What Counts!

”You just going to stand her and look at the sign or are you going to go in?”

Morgan didn’t bother to respond, but instead walked in through the rather large entrance. It had to be, having been set up to allow a couple speeders to enter or exit. The noise was surprisingly subdued, which from the looks of things, was on account of the current activity undergoing a slow period.

“Cans I help ya?” said a one-eyed Toydarian as he flew up to Morgan. Hukko, if Morgan recognized him correctly.
”I’m here to talk to Drekk.”
“Drekk is busy. Can I give him a message or help you some other way?”
”You could mention Zu’fa to him.”
“Why would I do that? You aren’t Zu’fa. Did he give you a message to deliver?”
“I’ll take, it Hukko.” Said a voice from behind the flying alien. “Why don’t you go find something genuinely useful to do?”

Turning around to confirm the voice, Hukko flew off to some other location in the show. Taking his place was the owner of the joint, Cad Drekk. He he then started moving his head to look past Morgan, as if he was searching for something.

”What are you looking for?” Morgan asked, glancing behind himself a moment to see what he might be missing.
“Norrteth. You mentioned his name, grayface, I’m wondering where my favorite Gand is.”
”Alright, you caught me. It was just a clever ploy to get your attention.”
“Figured as much. So where’s the bug? Don’t think I’ve ever seen you come in here without him? You two break up or something?”
”No, Cad, he’s just…”
“Call me Drekk.”

”Well that’s rather impersonal of him.”
”What?”
“I didn’t realize we were on a first name basis here.”
”Norr’ calls you Cad.”
“That’s because I like Norrteth. He’s a steady customer I can count on that I never have to worry about trying to pull any hijinks.”
”Fine, whatever. Look, I’ve got some work on the Shape I need you to do.”
“Didn’t I just finish up some work on that ship?”
”Yes, I believe you did. And now it needs some more. I’ll even pay up front if I need to.”

The Duros looked at a pad in his hand and glanced through a few things in it.

“What’s she need?”
”Lot of interior work. A little job that went bad. Really wrecked up the interior.”
“Bah!” Drekk said in a small outburst of humor, then started chuckling to himself.

”What’s so funny?”
“He leaves you with his ship, and the first job you take…”
”Hey, I’m paying for repairs, aren’t I?”
“Yeah, yeah. And here I thought you might be half-way competent.”
”Can I hurt him?”
“Hey Lorne!” Drekk said, looking over his shoulder and shouting. “Looks like I owe you ten creds!”

That Morgan just stood there arms crossed with his eyebrow raised only seemed to humor the Duros more.

”So will you fix the ship or not?”
“Yeah, sure, I’ve got an opening soon. If only because it’s Zu’fa’s ship.”
”What, my credits aren’t good enough for you on their own?”
“Well, yes. That too. Of course they are.”

(Click Here to Continue the Story.)
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, June 12th 2010 04:04pm    Post subject:

(Continud from Here.)

As he went over his arm one last time to make sure there wasn’t anything else wrong with it, Morgan kept glancing away to look down at the Trandoshan that was sitting at his feet. The alien’s arms were still in binders and there was a blaster pointed at him, courtesy of Norr’teth, but it didn’t make Morgan any more comfortable about it.

”Have you answered this already, or did I even bother to ask why you let the lizard out of his cage?”
“Norr’teth is doing you a favor. It’s bad enough you just left him inside the ship and expected them to just be alright with it. The last parts of the job, however, can not be while he is standing right where he could attack them.”
”Hey, I told them I’d pay extra for that.”

The gand gave what Morgan interpreted as the bugs version of an exasperated sigh.

“By the way, you still haven’t told this one what happened to his ship or where this one came from.” Norr’teth said, indicating to the Trandoshan with his blaster. “Do you not owe Norr’teth at least that much?”
”I kind of hoped none of that would matter. I didn’t expect to be holding on to this looser as long as I have and even after your ship got hit, I hoped it would be fixed up before you returned and we wouldn’t have to speak of it.”

Morgan heard a hiss come out of the Trandoshan. Holding his loose arm in his hand, he gave the lizard a light smack across the chest.

“Fortunately for you, things didn’t happen that way. Norr’teth likely would have returned to find you had mysteriously vanished otherwise.”
”Speaking of which.” Morgan said, checking one last time that there was nothing left on the arm itself to fix. ”What you come back for? I expected you’d still be enjoying yourself on Gand.”

Arm good, he put it on the nearby workbench and started checking around the damaged area on his face.

“Drekk called. He said you brought in the Shape and thought it important it’s owner know what was happening. He was correct. This one worried about what might have happed, and luckily it wasn’t nearly as bad as Norr’teth feared it might have been. Doesn’t make it any less annoying.”
”You didn’t have to come back, you know. And yes.” he said, stopping the bug before he could say anything. ”I know, it’s a good thing you came back anyway.”
”Or else he might have returned to find that you had…”
”Yes! I get it!”

“But it’s not like you can’t head right back to Gand anyway. That, and you still got paid for sitting at home. Does the inside of the socket look bad to you?”
He added, hoping Norrteth could give him any information on his eye that Morgan couldn’t see himself.
“Not from what can be seen. But you make a hunter hesitant to leave you alone with their ship again so soon after you let it get it’s interior get wrecked that badly.”
”Fine. Your ship, your call.”

Reaching around inside the socket again, he was glad to find that other than the eye getting ripped out, the damage seemed to be all on the outside. That would make re-installing it easy, and the rest of the repairs a synch.

“Consider yourself fortunate that you have made for such excellent collaboration since we started working together. And that you were wise enough to pay for the repairs yourself from the get go. Otherwise, Norr’teth might have been inclined to simply leave you stranded here.”
”Yes. I get it. You’re upset about the whole thing.”
“Good to know you realize that.”
”Yeah, now can we please try and move on to the next step?” Morgan said as he looked at his mechanical eye, now being held in his hand.
“Which is?”
”For one, we need to drop this lizard off somewhere we can collect on his head. I’m thinking Denon. Not only should I be more or less fixed up by the time we get there, I’d like to check and make sure the account I keep through the banks on that planet wasn’t compromised by Nico’s terrorist strike.”
“Norr’teth has already confirmed that his are fine.”
”Yeah, we’ll I’ve been busy.” Morgan said, indicating to his eye and arm. ”And besides, I’d like to check in person. That, and I think I’d like to do some investing.”
“Investing?”
”Yeah. Investing. You seen the way the markets have gone down the tubes? Even after paying for your ship, I still have a nice sum of credits sitting through various accounts. Even more so after lizard brain gets turned in. The galaxy just got handed a batch of flushberries. I want to make some tea out of it.”

”How ironic. Here Nico makes you want to kill her, and at the same time, gives you an opportunity you can’t help but jump at.”
”Yeah. If it pays off the way I hope, I may just have to kiss her with my lips before I kiss her with a blaster bolt.”

“Norr’teth never realized you cared so much about money.”
”Who says I do? But that doesn’t mean I have to ignore a beautiful opportunity being handed to me on a silver platter. You may be better off if you know how to get by on a little, but there’s no such thing as too many credits.”

(Click Here to Continue the Story.)
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Hutt Space » Honest Drekk’s Inner Body Shop; Nar Shadda
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: