Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Solos' Apartment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » The Solos' Apartment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Thu, June 10th 2010 12:30am    Post subject:

The first sign that he had taken things too far was Leia's unwillingness to continue the argument. His wife was the type of woman who stood her ground and never backed down from a fight, especially a verbal one such as this. He had hit a nerve that had run particularly deep with Leia and the final look in her eye before she turned away said it all. As much as he hated to admit that he was wrong, he feared if he didn't try to patch things up now, there wouldn't be a second chance to do it later.

Allowing his shoulders to slump in defeat, Han turned away and ran a hand through his hair. "That's...that's not what I meant. I want you to bother me," he blurted out pathetically and winced as soon as the words were out of his mouth.

Why was this so hard? The second part of making up was easy, but this...

Inhaling deeply, he tried again, his tone now sincere. "I'm actually asking you this time..." He came up slowly behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist with caution in case she rebuked him. "What do you think?"

Tag: Cray
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, June 10th 2010 01:04am    Post subject:

Leia barely managed to stop herself from leaving, even after Han had started speaking. He wasn't speaking very well, of course, but something had clicked. There was a change in his voice, but she wasn't sure of it until his hands came about her waist.

"What do I think," Leia echoed rhetorically, posing the question to herself. The tears did not erupt into her eyes, but they still threatened to come out. She didn't understand why, but something was making the usually-strong Leia Organa Solo afraid. "What's next, after this? It was easy when it was Anakin, we-we would always be involved somehow, but now..." she trailed off. She turned back to look up at her husband's eyes, not realizing that she was finding comfort in his embrace. "It should be a good idea, but I... I don't like it, Han."

Tag: Han
Han

Post Posted: Thu, June 10th 2010 02:02am    Post subject:

The uncertainty in Leia's voice was unsettling. She hadn't outright rebuked him like he had suspected, but her tone had been enough. Her concerns were starting to weigh down on him as well and along with those insecurities, he found himself tightening the embrace. He had to admit, they were things he hadn't thought of at this point and he wanted her to explain further.

Hearing her say that she didn't like the plan after they were both serious was the equivalent to a punch to the stomach. He no longer bolstered the confidence he once felt toward the deal.

Han held her gaze for a long moment before leaning forward, resting his chin on the top of her head. "What don't you like about it?" he mumbled quietly into her hair. "We can find other things. I have the Falcon and you still have your reputation. I'm sure something will turn up to keep us going." He angled his head down, bringing his mouth closer to her ear. "Besides, I thought you wanted more alone time for just us. We won't get that soon with the kid coming. Let's enjoy it while we can."

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, June 10th 2010 04:34pm    Post subject:

The excitement of the promise of continuing adventure with her husband should have overcame her. But Leia couldn't shake the feeling. Maybe it didn't even have anything to do with Han's decision, and she was unfairly blaming it on his shocking announcement the night before. The previous years of their life had been among the most fulfilling and happy in Leia's life. Now things promised to change. But maybe something else was the mover; it was possible it was something else, beyond her control, that would move forward no matter what Han and Leia did.

"I have just a bad feeling about this," Leia admonished.

The sister to the Jedi Master Luke Skywalker had not used the Force in years, but Leia recognized the feeling. Over the years, it had been seeing an old friend but not recalling his name, exchanging pleasantries without welcoming him into one's comfort zone. But now, it was a man yelling through a soundproofed window; it wanted to alert her to something, but the wall between them obscured the shouts, leaving only the mood of urgency.

It was something she had not experienced in a while. To interpret it was a skill that had atrophied within her over the decades. She simply couldn't flex that muscle. But, in that mystical way, a sense of relief washed over her in spite of the promise of trepidation. Now that Leia understood the source, she knew whatever was to occur was to occur, no matter what she did. And she knew that selling Solo Enterprises was not the end of the galaxy. Whatever happened, she would deal with as she always had.

The former politician understood that there was more to the issue, more to the warning. She couldn't comprehend it, so she stopped worrying about it. What mattered most was the present. And presently, Han was at least half right. Han had reminded her about the grandchild, on the way, about the time they had committed to spend with each other in their golden years.

She had realized that letting go of the business was the right decision, something she should have understood all along, in order to usher their family into times of amatory prosperity that still awaited them. She would concern herself with the rest - with the change on the horizon - later. "I think you should sell it," she entirely reversed her position, a faithful smile spreading as she anticipated what reaction Han would have to the surprise.

Han

Post Posted: Fri, June 11th 2010 12:11am    Post subject:

Had he heard her correctly? Unpredictability was something politicians strove to achieve in a heated debate and Leia had been no exception during her tenure as senator and Chief of State. What Han soon found out was that his wife had a habit to occasionally use that ability outside of the Senate and turn it on him. It took him by surprise every time she did it, partly because he was never prepared for it.

Pulling away from their embrace, Han just simply stared at her, his mouth unhinging with dismay. "Wha...?" he stuttered, trying again to fully comprehend what she had said. He scoffed, a dubious smile coming to his face as he shook his head and turned away. "Are you serious?"

Agreeing with his decision to turn over the company hadn't been what he had in mind. In fact, he had been prepared to back out of the deal completely...but that was before she had thrown this on him. Now that he had his answer, he even considered the possibility that she had been toying with him the whole time. It certainly wouldn't have been the first time she had pulled something like this.

"Well, good," he finally surmised, returning his gaze to her with that same goofy grin. "That saves me the trouble of having to find something to talk about at the meeting this afternoon. I already had it setup...if you would've said no..."

He trailed off, leaving the rest to her imagination.

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Cray

Post Posted: Fri, June 11th 2010 03:27am    Post subject:

"I understand," Leia chuckled a bit, a smile on her face at her husband's amusing reactions. "I'm glad I spared you the agony."

The woman was fairly confident now that this was the right direction to take. The feeling of uncertainty replaced the indecisiveness with surety. She might not know where they would end up, but she could be sure that the first step was a necessary one. Leia felt it would put them both in the position to protect the family - protect from what, she did not know. She didn't have to know. The line between faith and complacency was a thin one, but it made all the difference.

She moved closer to him to plant a quick kiss on his cheek. "But for what it's worth," she began, a mock-threatening grin on her face. "You still should have asked. I don't want to have to get into an argument like this every time you decide to sell your life's work," she joked, reaching down to grasp his hand lightly.

Han

Post Posted: Fri, June 11th 2010 10:55pm    Post subject:

"Right, I'll keep that in mind," he reassured her in a similar mocking tone as he allowed his hand to be taken by hers. "I'll be sure to consult you in another 20 years when I decide to sell my next big thing." He started to turn away, but stopped as another thought occurred to him. "And before you even say it, no the Falcon won't be on that list. No matter how much you complain, you're stuck with her..."

Leaning down, he took her up into another embrace, his lips dangerously close to her face. "Like you're stuck with me." He kissed her, then, and for the moment, everything seemed right again. Only after they parted did a hint of concern cross over his features, but it soon washed away into playful innocence. "Unless you're scheming to get rid of me..." His eyes narrowed. "You're not, are you?"

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Cray

Post Posted: Sat, June 12th 2010 03:30am    Post subject:

"Don't check the insurance policy, dear," Leia grinned, returning the kiss after a moment before pulling away altogether. Things had ended well, now. She would have to think long and hard about what else the Force was trying to tell her, but she wouldn't let it dictate her life anymore. Han and she could pull through anything together.

She patted Han on the lower back to usher him away. She didn't want him to be late for the most important meeting of the last decade for the Solo family. She then hesitated, a hopeful look on her face. "Oh. Maybe if you get back early enough, we get in touch with Jaina. Maybe have dinner sometime later this week. We probably should congratulate the happy parents in person sometime, hmm?"

Han

Post Posted: Mon, June 14th 2010 12:08am    Post subject:

Another dinner wasn't what Han wanted to hear and the suggestion brought a small frown to his features. The past two dinners hadn't exactly gone to plan. The one last night brought an end to a legacy Han had been building up for nearly 20 years and the one with Anakin ended in a major blowout that now put a rift through the entire Solo family. What little surprises would be in store for them if Jaina and Jag were invited over?

Still, it was only a minor concern over the real possibility of seeing his daughter again. After the wedding, she had moved away to live with Jag to Bastion and she had quite literally become a stranger to their household. Seeing her home again would do them both a lot of good.

"Uh, yeah, sure," he relented, turning his frown into a small grin. "I shouldn't be too late...as long as everything goes alright at the meeting." He shrugged, already imagining the arguments and the bickering that will ensue as a result of the news. He wasn't looking forward to it.

He started toward turn to the door, grabbing a folder laying on a table nearby and tucking it under his arm before another thought occurred to him. "Actually, if we have time, do you mind if we go to the marketplace later? I'm craving some of that Spiceloaf from that one old lady." He checked his chrono one last time. "I'll call you over lunch."

With a nod and a lopsided grin, he disappeared through the door.

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, June 16th 2010 12:54am    Post subject:

Han was almost through the door before Leia got an opportunity to respond. "Sure," she said. The Spiceloaf was amazing, far better than anything she could prepare unassisted. Funnily, she remembered craving it every time after they had argued. Maybe it was the same for Han too. "I'll be on the edge of my seat," she smirked.

After the door was closed and her hurried husband had left the building, Leia let out her breath, allowing the last of her emotions to flow out with it. She looked over the kitchen and the living room, noting how much had happened since she had prepared breakfast on Unification Day. She giggled to herself in solitude. Maybe that's why I don't make breakfast often.

The aging woman walked into the area of furniture surrounding the holo, settling down into the armchair that was still warm from Han's presence. It was comforting to the memory of her troubled state of just a few moments ago.

The projection jumped to life after Leia pressed the button on the remote. Stupid sports were still on, so she flipped the channel back to the Union News Network, which was still covering the news of Ulgo's death.

Leia let the information flow into her as she relaxed a bit into the chair. She stared at the scrolling ticker and the documentation of eulogies that flew across the screen. There was a time when she would have been able to sense an important death, such as this, through the Force. There was also a time when she could pin down her bad feelings with some accuracy...

Her lips pouched in a frowning expression, almost acting on their own. A thought returned to her mind, oddly unrelated to her previous reverie. She remembered that she had to call Jaina.

The Solo Family First Previous Next Latest
Expand

Cray

Post Posted: Wed, June 16th 2010 06:57pm    Post subject:

Across the galaxy, on Coruscant, Leia Organa Solo was trying to think. The look on her daughter's face perplexed her. Jaina was, at times, fiercely emotional, worse than both of her parents combined, but Leia had not seen such an outburst in some time. And it was never a good thing when it happened. Jaina did not lose her cool over trivialities.

It took the older woman a moment to switch gears and search her mind for the mention of a bombing. She eventually recalled what she was sure Jaina must have been talking about, but it seemed so irrelevant to to the situation that she felt some disbelief. "The Jedi Temple," Leia stated matter-of-factly. "What does that have to do with--"

"No, not the Temple," Jaina interrupted her mother, her arms tensing off to the bottom of the screen. She shook her head, adding somberly, "the bombing here."

What bombing? There was no bombing on Bastion, Leia thought. If there had been, she certainly hadn't heard about it. As she sifted through the disorganized thoughts that had squatted in her mind since the New Year, Leia did recall hearing rumors about some kind of clamor on Bastion. But the Empire remained strictly silent. There was no issue, she had been told. In her old days as an incisive political activist, she probably would have pushed for an answer. But it just simply didn't seem like anything happened to answer for. The look on her face plainly indicated her thoughts to her daughter.

Jaina breathed in, her lungs involuntarily trembling with the weight of what she was about to release. "Terrorists wiped out the entire... Imperial Defense Council," she explained, after she had gathered the strength to speak the words.

Every muscle running underneath Leia's pleasant face ripped at her skin, turning her visage from curiosity into sudden horror. The Defense Council was the foremost sentinel of the Remnant's sovereignty. It was composed of the highest ranking officials within the oligarchy, the heads of the Empire's various departments, many of its leading Moffs... and her son-in-law, Jagged Fel. "Wha-what?" Leia tripped over her words, no illusion of politic masking her reaction from her daughter. "How? Who?" She sought an answer, feeling a chill overtaking her spine like the onset of some terrible disease.

"No one knows," Jaina wimpered. It pained Leia to see tears running out of Jaina's strong, deep eyes. She had always been the tomboy; to see her defeated was to see the galaxy in ruins. "E-everyone's gone."

"Oh my gods," Leia whispered. Her hands flew forward, gently touching either side of the holotransciever, as if she were taking her daughter by the shoulders, thousands of lightyears away. They were shaking, trembling with fear and sorrow. She hated to utter the question that had pervaded her thoughts. "Jag?"

The Jedi Knight simply shook her head. Her quiet moans accompanied the motion like a sickening harmony to some damned symphony. Her husband was gone. The apex of the Empire's golden age, Jaina's only true love, was no more.

It was unbelievable. Leia could not fathom, much less cope with, what was happening. Not only was the Empire's high command crushed, but they had told no one. They had remained clandestine. What drew Leia's ire more was the fact that Jaina must have been in this personal hell for days, perhaps since the last time they were in contact. She must have felt so alone, so hopeless. She must have felt... useless.

The tears ran down her cheeks.

"Oh... my gods," Leia repeated, unsuccessfully trying to wrangle her diaphragm back to her own control. Her daughter's pain was her own. It was a pain of personal loss that she had not experienced for decades. She hadn't cried about Alderaan, about the death of billions of souls on her idyllic homeworld - not in front of the deathly Tarkin or her own beleaguered father. She had carried that pain with her for years, agonizing over the atrocity in the solitude of her various quarters throughout the Rebellion years. Perhaps it was some twisted, divine form of mercy that she could weep now.

"Honey," she managed to say in a hush, her thumb moving over one of Jaina's curls on the projection. "I... I'm so sorr.--" the words didn't make their way out of her mouth.

Jaina tried vainly to stem the trail of tears dropping down her own face. She was embarrassed, almost ashamed to cry in front of Leia. "H-How can no one know what happened?!" She called out, an unvoiced anger finally intoned. She slammed her hand down on the bedframe, the dull noise loudly traveling over the holo. The pain she surely must have felt fueled another maddened plea. "W-why are they holding back? T-They should hunt them d-down and they're doing nothing!"

The fiery fury of the young woman was acutely shared by Leia. She hated to see one of her children driven into such a rage, but she could think of no words to offer comfort. She felt so stupid for the spat with Han over something as stupid as a shipping company. She couldn't imagine him never coming back from some meeting. She had so many questions about the attack, about the assailant, but she wasn't even thinking about those details now. They didn't matter.

"I-I didn't know," Leia tried to offer some kind of explanation for why she had not been there to comfort her daughter. It wasn't her fault, but it felt like it. "I wish I had some kind of... I wish..." Leia closed her eyes. She wished she held some kind of power, so she could send out a thousand ships to comb the galaxy to find the coldhearted insurgents, to see why they had done what they had done. She simply didn't.

"Jedi Fel," a baritone, prestige-accented voice emanated from somewhere at the corner of the projection. Leia supposed she had noticed the Imperial aide a few seconds before, but he had been silent until now. He probably did not know how to react either. "Your presence is requested."

Jaina sniffled and moved to push the man away, wanting to continue pouring herself out to Leia. But she nonetheless knew that their time had been cut short. Leia didn't know what she was needed for. In fact, she entertained for a moment a deep fear that the Remnant was holding her against her will. She didn't know what was possible anymore. "M-Mom, I-I need to go... I..."

"What? No... no, Jaina, please," Leia begged as she stood up, the holorecorder tracking her movements. "We have to talk about-about this."

"Mistress, please, they are waiting," the man reminded her with a little more authority.

"L-Later, Mom," Jaina began to rise from the bed, her hair and clothing looking a mess. She began to gather all of her personal items. "I-I have things I need to do... final arrangements."

The idea that Jaina was about to be taken away from Leia scared the woman deeply. She could feel the hot tears trailblazing new routes on her face. "I-I'm coming to see you!"

"N-No!" Jaina cried, putting her hand on the screen as if to ward Leia away. It was so dangerous now that she did not want her mother to risk her own life. "Mom, no. I'll be fine. I can handle this," she assured her, a modicum of a confidence that characterized her returning. "I-I love you," she told her mother, a weak smile on her face.

Leia couldn't smile. She could only echo what Jaina had said. "I love y-you," she spoke as she watched the holo flicker off. She kept crying.

Farmboy

Post Posted: Mon, June 21st 2010 01:45am    Post subject:

Luke stood outside the Solo's apartments for a moment. So much had happened in such a short amount of time, it was hard for even an experienced warrior and Jedi Master like himself to make sense of it. So much to do, and so very little time to do it. Luke hadn't even had time yet to look into the attack on the Jedi temple.

He'd been out with Mara Jade the whole last day. They took a romantic day off outside of the main hustle and bustle of Coruscant. Against his better judgment, Luke had deactivated his comm. He loved the alone time with Mara Jade, and it was a magnificent day, but he kept getting nagging sensations, echos in the Force similar, though smaller scale, to what he had felt many times before both preceding and after great acts of destruction.

Late in the afternoon he reactivated his comm, received the messages of what had happened at the temple, and he and Mara Jade had rushed there as quickly as they could. Luke had gotten little to no sleep. He rushed around, trying to acquire information from whoever he could, but had yet to discuss the events with Jase or Kyp, two that he decided he needed to talk with.

Nothing was as bad, however, as the feeling he had gotten just moments ago. Mara had settled him down for a moment, and Luke had actually allowed some of the tension to soak out of him. However, a new sensation had come. Leia. Leia was in trouble. Well, perhaps not in trouble, but something was definitely wrong. He'd felt that particular feeling before, something so much deeper than the Force... a connection to his twin.

And now, here he stood. Without another thought, he rushed into the apartment. Should Leia take a moment to look at him, she'd see he was tired and disheveled, but also that he was worried. That worry intensified as he saw the tears streaming down Leia's face. He only said one word. "Leia." There was a desperate longing in his voice, a longing to rob his sister of all her pain, to leave her free and happy. He couldn't do that at the moment, however, so he did what came first. He rushed over and wrapped his arms around her.

"Leia, what's wrong?" he asked, his voice laced with concern.

Tag: cray
Cray

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 12:22am    Post subject:

The tears were still flowing down her face, her eyes transfixed on the blank comm device, when Luke had entered. It had taken her several moments to register the sound of the door opening, and before she knew it, her brother's comforting arms had enveloped her. She felt his presence and allowed her emotions to pour into him, to allow him the full extent of access into her being. It was something only the two of them shared. "Luke," she noticed herself whispering amidst the unintelligible noises.

Her brother had asked her something, she recalled. Minutes passed until Leia pulled away, finding Luke's sympathetic, emotive eyes in her vision. She didn't know how he had come. In fact, she hadn't heard from him in some time. But he was there. She smiled sadly. He was always there, when it mattered.

"Luke," she repeated herself, able to speak after the exchange. He was exactly the person she needed to talk to. He would surely know what was wrong, why she had felt this disturbance, and why Jaina had been subjected to such a massive loss.

"It's Jaina," she continued, her voice throbbing in spite of her newfound modicum of strength. She had been hit by such a blindside that she was unprepared for. It wasn't rare for Leia Organa Solo to be a sobbing wreck. "No, it—it's Jag. He... was killed. In an attack," she willed the words out of her mouth, reluctant as they were to come.

Tag: Chukles

Farmboy

Post Posted: Tue, June 22nd 2010 04:46pm    Post subject:

Her words stunned Luke. It was as simple as that. Jag. Dead. It... it didn't make sense. Sure, logically Jag was major player on the galactic field. Given his position, it wasn't surprising that he was dead... and yet... Luke had never thought it'd be him.

Luke's head whirled for a moment before he managed to pull himself back to reality. It was tough. This was such an incomprehensible event to be slammed with. Poor, poor Jaina. Luke should have known. He should have felt it. Surely this was something that he would be able to sense. Had he gotten soft? Had he allowed himself to be lulled into contentment recently?

No, no.... Luke took a deep breath. There was nothing more to it. It wasn't Luke's fault, as much as he wanted it to be. He should have called Jaina though. He should had tried to contact her. The pain, the suffering she must have been in.

Luke could feel similar thoughts pouring through him from Leia. She was concerned, worried, scared, upset.... it was all understandable. Leia's only daughter, her baby girl... this wasn't something you lightly shrugged off. This wasn't something parents were supposed to have to help their children through. It was supposed to be the other way around.

After some time, Luke finally found his voice. "I..... I can't...... I knew something had happened, to one of the family. I felt it, a week or so ago. I couldn't tell what, or who. I began to think I was making it up. I had spent the last week trying to check up on everyone. You and Han... you were fine. Anakin, Jacen... I hadn't heard of Jaina, but I thought she was fine. Should I have known?" He allowed the thought to drift through his head before quickly banishing it. Despite the grief and sorrow he felt, he pushed it aside. He needed to focus more. He breathed in once more, letting the Force flow through him, calm him. After another moment, he spoke again.

"Who did it? How?" He didn't know if he should press her for details now, and didn't know if she had any to give, but there was a part of Luke, one that wasn't generally as dominant, that hungered for vengeance. It wasn't a healthy or right feeling, perhaps, but Luke had liked Jagged Fel. He had always been a proper man, and as far as Luke knew he had treated Jaina very well. If Luke could, he would find who was responsible. He wouldn't fall to the dark side, no, but he would bring them to justice. A man like Jag deserved that much of his death, at least.

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, June 24th 2010 12:50am    Post subject:

That was among the most horrifying things; she simply didn't know who had killed Jag. And judging from Jaina's unresolved anger, she did not know the attacker either. Leia couldn't imagine that the Empire hadn't explained anything to Jaina - they had to be hiding something.

Her brother's frustrations were shared. Leia was infuriated at her own inability to perceive something so fundamentally hurtful to her own daughter. She felt defenseless and weak. But maybe something greater was at work to eclipse the feeling - Luke hadn't felt the disturbance either. Leia was not sure if that comforted her or terrified her.

"I don't know," Leia whispered, moving away from Luke and taking a few steps towards the still-on holo, which was showing more specials on Fran Ulgo. "She just said there was an attack. I don't know when, or who. But-but, I don't think it was isolated, Luke," she proposed wearily.

Farmboy

Post Posted: Thu, June 24th 2010 08:52pm    Post subject:

No. An event like this, a blatant attack on not one but all the leadership of the Empire.... that couldn't be isolated. That wasn't something one did without an agenda. That wasn't something that was accomplished just for the sake of accomplishing it. There was more to this plot. Luke could feel that Leia was right. Nothing could dissuade him from that particular decision.

Wearily, the Jedi Master moved over to the couch and sat. He sat back and closed his eyes for a minute, bringing his hand up to cover his eyes. He hadn't had much sleep recently. So many things had been happening that Luke had been forced to keep going almost non-stop. That was before the attack on the temple. Now this. Luke decided he was getting far too old for this. Sure, Luke had plenty of good years still left in him, but he should probably start shoving some of this stress off on younger men. Men like Sean, maybe.... but then again, Sean was going through a lot of his own right now as well.

Luke sighed. His mind had started to wander some. He needed to fix that. Calmly he took a few breaths, allowing himself to settle. He needed a clear head now. Nothing else would suffice.

After some time Luke spoke again, still composed. "Leia, come sit down." He paused a moment. "It'll be alright. This..... this is not good. By any means. Family aside, this incident will strain relations between the Empire and the rest of the galaxy. The fact that neither of us had even suspected something like this until now attests to that fact. If the Remnant had just come out and announced it right off, it would bode so much better...."

Luke trailed off for a moment, letting his thoughts settle again. After a moment, he flashed his twin a quick, lopsided smile. "But, it'll be okay. We'll figure this out. We always do." Luke paused, flashing her a mock contemplative look. "You know, what would the galaxy do without us? I just realized it seems that our family has been either settling or causing all it's problems for, what, almost a century? It would certainly be a duller place, that's for sure." Luke laughed at that, trying to cheer his twin some. He realized that he wasn't giving her much time to vent her thoughts and concerns, so he decided to wrap up.

"Don't worry, Leia. I'll devote what I can of the Jedi into looking into this. We need to figure this out..." Luke paused again as something occurred to him. "And... I think it's time Jaina came home. But, that's for the future. Tell me, what are you thinking now? What are you feeling?" Luke could, of course, get some of this through the Force, but he much preferred to hear people actually tell him about what was on their minds.

Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Cray

Post Posted: Sat, June 26th 2010 11:43am    Post subject:

Moving to a chair, Leia sat as Luke had instructed. She listened to what he said, about how the Skywalkers had been on the galactic stage for generations now, and he was right. It didn't make her smile, though. If anything, it made her feel guilty.

"T-Thank you," she whispered as Luke committed to calling upon the Jedi. She hoped it would be enough to cut through the secrecy the Empire had imposed, and to find who was responsible. She feared nothing was to be taken for granted anymore. But if anyone was to force a revelation, it was Luke.

It would have to come from more than one vector, though. Minister Borsk Fey'lya surely had to know. The Bothan and her hadn't always gotten along well due to their respective political agendas, but Leia knew he still had enough of a soul not to place grudges before justice. She sincerely hoped he would be laying down the political pressure on the Empire.

Luke continued speaking, inquiring about her feelings and thoughts. Leia wasn't sure what those were, much less how to vocalize them. "I-I feel... bad," she simply informed him. The tone of desperation and ennui said much more than the words themselves. "I don't know, Luke. For days, I've been feeling something bad coming," she continued, knowing Luke probably had as well. "And then this happened. But-but it's still there. It's there, but I can't solve it or figure it out, Luke. I can't stand it. I thought these times were o-over."

She felt the warmth of her tears starting anew in her eyes, although she managed to keep them from falling. Han should have been here too. She needed all the support she could gather together.

Farmboy

Post Posted: Mon, August 09th 2010 10:23am    Post subject:

Luke quietly listened to Leia as she expressed her fears and anxieties of the past little while. He merely nodded, for he too had felt similarly. Something big was happening. Something bad, most definitely. He wished he knew what, but he had been afraid to get the Jedi initially involved. Perhaps that had been a mistake. Perhaps he should have acted quicker. There was no time to dwell on such things.

Luke didn't take long to speak. He paused a moment to collect his thoughts, then looked lovingly at his sister. His eyes showed compassion and kindness, with an underlying sorrow seated deep within as he spoke. "Leia... those times are never going to be over. I hate to say it, but as long as sentient beings walk this galaxy, no one will ever find peace. We're getting old, and our time is quickly passing. I don't like it more than you. I'm still running the Jedi after all these years, after all. I don't want our works to be coming to an end. But... all we can do now is hope that we have raised our children as we should have. It's their turn now."

Luke leaned over to her and placed a hand upon her knee. "And Leia, you and Han have done a most excellent job at raising your children. Jaina is going through a tough time, sure, as is Anakin. I wish they didn't have to, I wish I could take the sorrow from them, but they are strong. They'll pull through and be better for it. I've seen it time and time again. We Skywalkers are a resilient bunch. Factor in the Solo blood on the other end, and I'd be surprised if we ever gave up." He flashed her another lopsided grin, hoping to have alleviated some of her worry. He knew her well enough, though, to know that it would be a miracle if he stopped her from worrying altogether. She liked to worry too much.

Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Wed, August 25th 2010 03:35am    Post subject:

After the unexpected meeting with Lohden that morning, Han had been swept away to tend to other duties concerning the company and his planned early departure that afternoon had never materialized. It would be one of many pitfalls he would be releasing himself from with his retirement looming ever closer. Only a few more days and he would be a free man, but until then, the best way to beat the responsibility of running a galactic business and to block out the senseless squabbling of his co-workers was to simply come home.

He approached the door to their apartment with weary footsteps, ready to crash down on the couch and maybe catch some bits on the holovid before spending a night out with Leia. After all, he owed her that much after the argument she had to endure earlier. Of course, he still believed he was in the right, but he wasn't going to let Leia catch onto that. Sometimes the best resolution was to stay quiet and allow his wife to reach her own conclusions.

Even as he pressed further into the apartment, he was intent on keeping his distance until something caught his attention. There were voices wafting in from the main living area and as much as he wanted to believe that it was just a simple conversation, something just didn't seem right. Maybe years of hanging around Jedi were finally starting to wear off on him or maybe he was simply going crazy as he grew older. Whatever the case, he couldn't ignore the sinking feeling that surfaced in the pit of his stomach.

Or the fact that Leia wasn't alone...

Old habits kicked in as Han reached for a small hold-out blaster hidden within his boot. It was against protocol to carry a blaster in plain view while working within the Solo Enterprises building, but Han was always prepared. Again, what others didn't know never hurt them.

Keeping his footsteps soft against the carpeted floor as not to tip off any intruders that may be holding Leia captive, Han rounded the corner leading into the living area and paused, his eyes growing wide for a split second with surprise. His gut instinct had been right - Leia wasn't alone. What he didn't expect was to see Luke Skywalker sitting beside her on the couch and chatting it up.

"Luke," he blurted out before he could come up with another plan of action. He quickly dropped the hand holding the small blaster and stuffed it into the waistline of his trousers to hide it from view. "I--" He scoffed, one corner of his mouth turning up into a stupid grin. "I didn't know you were on Coruscant. All that Jedi worship finally brought you back here, huh?"

His eyes darted over to Leia, silently asking for an explanation, but when he saw her red-rimmed eyes - a sure sign that she had been crying - his expression hardened with concern.

"What's going on?" he asked after a moment, addressing no one in particular.

Tag: Cray, Chukles
Selling the Business First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Cray

Post Posted: Fri, August 27th 2010 12:56am    Post subject:

The feelings of misery returned to Leia at the first sight of her husband. Confronted with the eventuality of informing him of Jaina's tragedy, she began to lose control of her emotions yet again. Why did he have to come home now, she asked . How was Leia to tell him when she could hardly bear the thought when it was left unsaid in her mind?

She didn't know how, but she knew when—right now. Han, or any thinking being, would perceive that something was wrong. Any number of clues would have given it away—her posture, Luke's presence, or the charged dreariness in the air. Han's intimate knowledge of her spirit was just insurance on an already-confirmed policy.

Leia saw Luke's eyes, Han's face, and the familiar surroundings as she panned rapidly across the scene. Nothing brought her comfort, each sight more depressing than the last. To think of of Luke was to know that she had been weak; to look at Han was to know that she was now crying again; to look at the home where her family had often gathered was to know that she would not be herself again for a long time, so long as that memory held strong.

Some time passed until she finished wrestling with her split thoughts. When she saw them again as one, she was able to act. Inching forward on the sofa, Leia touched Luke's hand to remove it from her knee. She focused on Han, not knowing how to start. "It's... it's bad—bad, Han."

Tag: Han, Chukles

Han

Post Posted: Tue, August 31st 2010 06:38pm    Post subject:

It was far from a normal occurrence to see Leia break down like this and that was Han's only confirmation to know that it was bad. He didn't even have to hear Leia utter the words to comprehend the severity of it all. He simply blew out the breath he hadn't realized he had been holding and glanced once more to Luke, hoping the Jedi could offer some sort of explanation - if only to spare Leia the pain of recounting what it was that had her in such an emotional state.

When the Jedi remained silent and refused to expel the information, it left Han with no choice. With a sharp intake of breath to hide his frustration, he turned away from Luke and returned his gaze to Leia. Even from this distance, he could see the hurt in her eyes. It wasn't the same anguish that he had felt after learning of Chewie's death, but it was damn close. It was enough to give him pause.

"That bad?" he asked carefully, watching her every move as he finally gathered up enough willpower to approach her. Easing himself next to her on the couch, he continued. "What happened?"

So much for telling her how his day went...

Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
Farmboy

Post Posted: Wed, September 01st 2010 02:08am    Post subject:

Luke sighed. He liked Han. He had the moment he met him..... well..... not quite, but the two had been great friends for many years. He could not ask for a better brother-in-law. Throughout Leia's busy life, Han had always been supportive, always helped her, always done what he could. He was a good father and a good man, but despite his tough exterior, he could be a bit of a softie. Luke didn't want to be the one to tell him, but he'd rather do it than have Leia relive that hell once more.

"Han..." Luke's voice was subdued but calm. He hurt for his niece, he wished this had not happened, but... he still maintained a manner of calm. It was a coping mechanism, really, but maybe it would help the other two. "It's pretty bad... and not just for Jaina." Luke figured the best way to tell Han was to just come on out with it. He dreaded it, but it had to be said. "There was an attack on the Imperial leadership. From what I gathered from Leia, Jaina is fine but Jag... well... Han..." Luke looked down briefly before meeting Han's eyes once more. "Jag is dead, Han."

Tag: Solo, Cray
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 12:07am    Post subject:

The first thing to pop into Han's mind was that this was some kind of cruel joke and he couldn't help but allow a wry grin to pull at one corner of his mouth. It was no secret among Leia and the others that he had never been fond of Jagged Fel and his rash decision to whisk his daughter away into the heart of the Empire. Leia had long believed that Han's disgust and fear of what could potentially happen to Jaina was misplaced and had brushed his concern away time and time again whenever the subject had surfaced. Of course, he would never wish death on the guy, but he couldn't shake the feeling that this was all a setup and both Luke and Leia were toying with him.

Unleashing an audible sigh to mark his impatience with the situation, Han pushed himself to the edge of the couch and prepared himself to leave the conversation behind. "You're kidding, right?" he breathed incredulously, finding it extremely difficult to keep the smirk from his lips.

Silence hung thick in the air and that's when Han started to realize it was no joke. He looked first to Luke and then to his wife and that was all the confirmation he needed. The lost and desperate look in Leia's dark eyes spoke volumes. Leaning forward, Han cupped his chin with his hand and simply stared ahead at the carpet to gather his thoughts.

"When did it happen?" he mumbled after a moment, his words muffled by the palm of his hand. "I hope for their sake, they caught the son of a bitch..."

He trailed off and he was suddenly on his feet, his jaw and expression set with grim determination. "She's coming home," he spat harshly, his tone almost coming across as a threat. "This was the last straw - I told you she wasn't safe out there! If they were smart enough to take out the top echelons of the Empire, who's next?" He paused, rubbing a hand over his face as he shook his head.

"I'm going for her," he stated in a softer tone and turned away. Before anyone could argue, he was marching his way toward the door.

Back to top »
Luke Skywalker
Farmboy

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 12:57am    Post subject:

Luke stood quickly as Han made to storm out. "Han!" He moved over and grabbed his elbow. "Han, wait. Think about this. You're upset. You always tend to act rashly when things go wrong. You can't leave now. Your business is in the process of being sold... and there are things going on in the galaxy that I can't even begin to comprehend. Jaina is tough. She'll be fine. I hate this as much as you do, but we need to sit down and think about this, rationally. We need to decide what is best for our family. Please, Han, think about it."

Luke knew Han was prone to rash action. He always had been. Things like blasting the Death Star cell block comm unit, charging into a garrison of storm troopers, and parking his ship in the belly of a giant space warm were everyday occurrences for him. Granted, they had a large amount of successes behind them, but that was due largely to the fact that Han's luck was just about the only thing greater than his rashness. However, this time some calm thought was required, but Luke also knew that Han would not be easily swayed.

"Listen, Han, if you are that intent on getting Jaina back here, I'll send one of the Jedi I trust to get her. Maybe we'll even both go out there and get her. Just let us talk it through. There is more at stake here than Jaina. I wish we only had to worry about our family, but you have to know that you married into a family that is incapable of escaping the events that drive the galaxy further...." Luke didn't know what else to say, so he merely stopped and looked Han in the eyes.

Tag: Han, cray
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 04:37pm    Post subject:

Luke was the first to respond and before Han could successfully make it to the door, his Jedi reflexes had propelled him to his position and he was being pulled backward with a firm hold on his elbow. Han had no intentions of listening and only scowled at the younger man as he prepared for the inevitable speech.

"Han, wait," the kid pleaded, concern reflecting back in his azure eyes. "Think about this. You're upset. You always tend to act rashly when things go wrong. You can't leave now. Your business is in the process of being sold... and there are things going on in the galaxy that I can't even begin to comprehend. Jaina is tough. She'll be fine. I hate this as much as you do, but we need to sit down and think about this, rationally. We need to decide what is best for our family. Please, Han, think about it."

"I already thought about it," he snapped back, the scowl only deepening the lines on his face. "And you know what I figured out is best for the family? Bringing Jaina home and keeping her far away from those Imperial scumbags." He leaned closer then, thrusting his index finger in Luke's face in the same tired gesture. "And I don't want you flaunting any of that Force stuff in my face as an excuse to try and get me to back down from this either. You don't know what's best for my kid and it's time to stop acting like you do!"

Yanking his arm free, Han turned away abruptly and continued to silently stew as he resumed his march towards the door. The kid had been good to him in the past and on more than one occasion, had even considered the other man to be the equivalent of a little brother. He looked out for him and in return, Luke had looked out for him. The problem started when everyone around him had become Force sensitive and suddenly claimed to have an insight that Han himself could never understand. Luke was the worst culprit and had a tendency to push his advice onto others against their will, claiming the Force had told him so and because the Force told him so, it was the best for everyone.

Han had never believed that things were that simple and if the Force wanted something so badly, it would stop being an exclusive club and actually share its 'insight' every once and a while. Maybe the galaxy would be a better place for it or maybe...just maybe...the Force wasn't all-knowing after all. He knew Luke was only trying to help, but sometimes he just wanted to throw that little seed in the man's face. This was one of those times...

"Listen, Han," Luke's persistent voice sounded from behind him. He should have known better than to think that the man would give up so easily. "If you are that intent on getting Jaina back here, I'll send one of the Jedi I trust to get her. Maybe we'll even both go out there and get her. Just let us talk it through. There is more at stake here than Jaina. I wish we only had to worry about our family, but you have to know that you married into a family that is incapable of escaping the events that drive the galaxy further...."

"Then let's just...stop," the words flew from his mouth before he had a chance to even think them through. He winced at the sound of his own voice and stopped, clenching his fists at his sides for starting the conversation down this path. He had backed himself into a corner with that one and he had little choice but to confront Luke and see this thing through to an end.

With a defeated sigh, he turned to finally face the other man, but refused to make eye contact for the time being. "What I mean is...why do you think I'm even selling off the company in the first place? I want to stop playing hero and get away from this sort of thing...you know, ride off into the sunset and enjoy life for once. Having my daughter out there while the entire Imperial command structure is blowing up around her ain't exactly what I had in mind. If I bring her back...maybe things can actually be normal around here. I think we've more than earned that much."

Tag: Chukles, Cray
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » The Solos' Apartment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: