Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Jedi Temple
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Jedi Temple
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, April 10th 2010 07:16pm    Post subject: Jedi Temple

It took them roughly an hour to reach the outskirts of the Temple on foot. The massive ziggurat towered high above them as they hurried along through Coruscant’s lower streets. Xerros was in the lead, his ‘lightsaber’ on his belt and his blasters holstered underneath his cloak. To maintain his disguise he’d removed everything except his chestplate, greaves, and the plates on his upper arms. Everything else was in Fargut’s satchel, waiting for the completion of Xerros’ mission.

Lyra followed close behind Fargut, who was in the middle of their group. She had traded her longblaster for a high-powered slugthrower, a weapon much harder for Jedi to defend against. The rifle ended with a cylindrical silencer, with a spotting laser and bipod folded beneath the barrel. Fargut had opted to keep his power blaster, but had attached a grenade launcher underneath the barrel. A small clip of grenades was attached to the underslung launcher, giving him much greater firepower. Xerros himself was armed only with his pistols…but then, if he needed to use them while he was inside the temple, things would have gone very wrong.

Xerros passed a maintenance ladder and stopped. “Lyra, get up here.” His partner jogged over to the durasteel rungs and gave the ladder a glance. “Perfect. It goes most of the way up. I’ll have a clear line of fire to the main entrance from here.” She slung her rifle in a single fluid move and jumped to the fourth rung on the ladder. While she could have used her jetpack to ascend to her sniping post, doing so would undoubtedly have attracted unwanted attention. Stealth their best weapon.

At least until Xerros had what he needed.

Turning back down the street, he and Fargut continued towards the Temple’s looming shape…and their objective.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
"Who say what now?" - Space Jawa
"...Remind me again why I don't set you all on fire?" :P - Moff
 Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Tue, April 27th 2010 10:16pm    Post subject:

Xerros grunted as he heaved the durasteel plate off its resting place. Below him, the sewage pipe opened up into a much larger overspill junction, dripping excrement and raw waste. Without his helmet on, the stench nearly brought tears to his eyes. Fargut noticed his discomfort and chuckled, shifting his grip on the rotary blaster he carried. "You sure you can make it to the Temple without dropping dead, Xerros? Even with my helmet I can almost smell that..."

"Di'kut." Xerros swung his legs over the edge and checked to make sure his Jedi cloak was tucked into his belt before sliding down the pipe. He landed on both legs, his knees bending to absorb the shock of the impact as a small wave of sewage splashed into the air. He glanced back up at Fargut, who tossed him a casual salute before replacing the sewer grate. Xerros switched on his glowstick and clicked his back teeth, opening a channel to Fargut and Lyra. "Everybody ready?"

"Lyra here. I'm in position. I've got the entrance covered, doesn't look like there's any major activity."

"Fargut here. How's the osik smell, Xerros?"

"Shut it, Fargut. On my signal, be ready to start breaking things. Lyra, you cover him from the tower. Make sure none of the saber-jockies get the drop on him."

"Copy that."

"Move out." With that, Xerros started making his way through the underbelly of Coruscant, his blaster and glowstick in one hand, and an old civil blueprint in the other.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Thu, April 29th 2010 03:16pm    Post subject:

Jase lead Adan and Dryas from the landing pad to the Temple entrance. It was a standard day, with moderate flow as people with and without force-sensitivity came to deal with matters at the Temple. Some recognized Jase, mainly the Jedi; and they gave the proper respects due to a Master and Council member. Jase returned the formalities, though he found it to be trivial. There were far more important matters he wished to attend to.

Pausing briefly at the temple entrance, he turned to look around at the cityscape around him. Something didn't feel..... he shrugged it off. perhaps it was just the musings of an old assassin that made him paranoid in public place. Heading inside, he guided the other two Jedi to the main lobby.

"I need some time alone in the archives. Dryas, I suggest you stay close to Adan, he has a communicator to contact me with if you two should need anything. Adan, since we're here, you may do something other than destroy school property. I need you to complete requisitions for rations and clothing for the younglings."

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Adan Blaise
Dj

Post Posted: Thu, April 29th 2010 10:45pm    Post subject:

Adan winced at the rebuke, and said, "Yes Master," as he turned away and headed off to the supply depot inside the Temple. Anything that left the Temple in large quantities was approved through there. It was never hard to get supplies, but it was time consuming and extremely boring. This was undoubtedly punishment for both the wrecked equipment in the machine shop, and the smart-ass comment he made following Denora's outburst.

Adan looked to Dryas. Adan hadn't had much contact with him, even during the flight here. As outgoing as he was when engaged in an active conversation, Adan kept to himself most of the time, tinkering, meditating, and occasionally... blowing up machine shops.

"You don't have to follow me if you don't wish, Dryas," said Adan, unsure of how to address the man as he didn't know his last name, and didn't understand the social customs of Bothans. "This is my punishment, you don't have to make it yours as well."

Jedi Knight - Denora's Jedi Academy
 Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Thu, April 29th 2010 11:07pm    Post subject:

With a not-quite-insignificant exhertion, Xerros lifted himself out of the sewer opening and into the Jedi Temple's garbage disposal pad.

After covering the grate, he withdrew a small handheld device from one of his belt pouches and activated it with the flick of a thumb. It began to vibrate in his hand, and as he waved the dish-like apparatus over his robes the muck and grime seemed to slide off. Miniature sonic cleaner, Xerros thought to himself, the secret weapon of covert burglars. After all of the evidence of his recent spelunking was gone, Xerros set to work concealing the armor he'd worn with him. His greaves and forearm plates went into the satchel he'd brought, along with his helmet. His blaster pistols remained holstered on his thights, but the flowing robes removed any telltale bulges.

After taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, Xerros tapped a finger to his ear, activating his comlink. "Hunter to Krayt: Execute. Die well, ad'ike."

"Roger that," Fargut replied. "Shoot straight and run fast."

From Lyra, all Xerros heard was a comm click. That gave him ten minutes to get to the archives before the poodoo hit the fan outside.

Making one last check on his disguise, Xerros moved to the loading bay door and sliced the controls with his datapad, erasing the camera logs while he was at it before making his way up.

Tag: DJ, Jase Feel free to jump in, the fireworks are about to start.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 03:48am    Post subject:

“I think it would be better if I followed Master Denora’s suggestion for the moment.” Dryas replied, attempting to politely decline Adan’s offer to let him out of the assumed punishment. “Besides, it’s hardly punishment where I’m standing. I’m simply a tagalong on a task that someone needs to take care of. There’s hardly anything I have better to do here where I’m certain I could attend to it and return before Denora returns.”

He smiled in an attempt to brighten the fellow Jedi’s outlook on the situation, and continued the conversation along a slightly different route.

“So Adan,” the Bothan said, not knowing his companion’s last name. “Is Master Denora always so…”

He paused a moment as he considered the right word to top off the question with. Several came to mind, but he settled on one.

“…strict?”

Dryas had certainly heard things about the Jedi master, but he felt it a good idea all the same to try to get a better picture of what would be his new learning environment and it’s leader. Now seemed as good a time as any to obtain that information. Plus, perhaps he would get a better perspective on what he had witnessed between Adan and Denora back on Bogden.
 Back to top »
Adan Blaise
Dj

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 10:17am    Post subject:

Adan smiled, and said, "Only when you screw up. Life at Master Denora's academy is much harder than life here. We don't get the same luxuries provided to us that normal temple Padawans, Knights, and Masters get, and we train much harder in all aspects, such as combat, survival tactics, control over the force, and much more. Master Denora is indeed strict, but it's necessary. That... and I think I may have caught him on a bad..day.."

Adan trailed off as the atmosphere seemed to change around him. It was subtle, but noticeable. It was if a warm, brightly lit room had suddenly gone cold, and dim. The hairs on the back of his neck were prickling as well. Adan looked around at the other Knights and Padawans filing through the halls, sensing their emotions, feeling if they had picked up on it. They hadn't. He shot a glance to Dryas, who seemed to be on edge as well. Good, the man had noticed.

Pulling his comlink, he pinged Master Denora's frequency, and said, "Master, what is it?" He didn't waste time asking if the man had noticed. If Adan and Dryas had noticed, then Jase had as well, and no doubt some of the Masters had felt it too.

Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 12:28pm    Post subject:

Posted from Fargut's perspective.

As soon as the countdown timer reached zero, Fargut stepped out of the alleyway perpendicular to the street running up to the Temple entrance. He readied his rotary blaster, spinning it up to ensure maximum RPM when he fired, then loosed a pair of rockets from his wrist at the forest of columns that stood in front of the Temple. The high-explosive projectiles slammed into the closest two pillars, shattering them and sending stone chunks into the sky. Before the dust had cleared, he was charging towards the entrance, his cannon tracking for targets. C'mon, he thought with a predatory grin. Come out and play, jet'iise. We've got a score to settle.

A pair of Republic security personnel emerged from a side door by the Temple entrance, but before Fargut could spray them with lethal plasma bolts a pair of loud cracks echoed through Coruscant's metal caverns. The two agents slumped with a hole blown into each of their chests by Lyra's anti-material rifle. Soon, more agents were storming out of the security booth, firing blasters and rifles wildly at Fargut in the confusion. He leveled his cannon to one side of the formation and squeezed the trigger, scything a line of blaster bolts through the group. One or two managed to dive for cover, but the other half dozen or so were cut down. He heard another sharp crack coming from above and behind him, and another agent fell dead.

Posted from Lyra's perspective.

Lyra ejected her spent magazine and slammed a new one into place, racking back the bolt on her rifle before settling back into position. Fargut was in his element now, duking it out with RepSec officers on the steps of the Temple. Lyra had more than enough ammunition to help him, but now that the officers at the front entrance were dead, it was only a matter of time before the Jedi showed up. Lyra almost spat at the thought of the hypocritical monks and their maddening platitudes, but took some comfort in the image of blowing a fist-sized hole in a few of them with her slugthrower.

Posted from Xerros' perspective.

Just as Xerros stepped into main corridor to the Archives, a low boom echoed from the front of the Temple.

Careful to hide the satisfied expression on his face, he half-turned in the direction of the noise, adopting a curious expression. The three of staves and the ten of cups gives positive thirteen. The Queen of Air and Darkness and the commander of coins gives positive ten.

His mind suitably masked from all but the most obtrusive mind probe, he turned to an Ishi Tib male in light tan robes similar to his own. "Did you hear that?"

The Ishi Tib, cocked his head and half-closed his eyes. "Yes. What do you think-" His eyes snapped open and he whirled in the general direction of the entrance. "We're under attack!"

"What?" Xerros asked, still keeping up his masquerade. Demise and the ace of flasks gives positive two... "How can that be?" A quick glance around the corridor showed that the two of them were alone, so Xerros slowly advanced on his first victim. "No...I sense it too," he added, hoping that his mental Sabaac would cloud his mind long enough to keep the Jedi unaware of the danger he was in.

"We should go-" the Jedi started to say, breaking off as Xerros' mental shield flickered. He spun towards Xerros, but before he could draw his lightsaber the Mandalorian wrapped both hands around the aquatic alien's head and gave it a sharp twist. There was a soft snik as the Jedi's neck snapped, and Xerros carefully lowered him to the floor, grabbing his lightsaber and replacing it with his mimicry. An excellent trophy.

After dragging the fallen Jedi into a nearby refresher stall, Xerros clipped the lightsaber to his belt and hurried off towards the Archives, redoubling his efforts at shielding his mind. The sine of a thirty degree right triangle is zero point five...

;)

Tag: Jase, Adan, Space Jawa Remember, Jase goes for Fargut, Adan and Xerros duel in the archives (After the download) and Jawa plays tag with Lyra. Also, I've decided to RP as Fargut and Lyra for the duration of this fight, just to make it more fun.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 01:22pm    Post subject:

"I don't know, but it feels -"

An explosion at the entrance cut Jase off in mid sentence. He hadn't even gotten out of full sight before something terrible had happened. the Temple was actually under attack! He could just barely make out the scen hrough the dust and debris. Through the windows, he could make out what appeared to be a Mandalorian wreaking havoc. Security officers were trying to stop him, but they stopped and fell as their blood and insides exited their bodies.

Jase growled with contempt. Mandalorians.... most of them hated the Jedi; and now at least one was attacking the Temple directly. There was definitely a shooter somewhere, from the way the guards fell, but they were too far away to get a bearing.

"Adan! We're under attack by at least one Mandalorian and a sniper! Get to the central hub of the Templ and see if their are any others and if they are after anything! Dryas! Get outside and try to find that sniper Don't get yourself killed!"

Sighing heavily, Jase took a knee as others rushed about in the chaos.Extending his hands so that either were on a small pile of rubble through his view, he took a deep breath and reached out into the Force. Using his formidable control, he manipulated an invisible in front of the window that was behind the rubble. Breathing in and then letting his breath out sharply, he sent the wall of energy forward.

It shattered the window and hit the pile of rubble. Jase got to his feet quickly, as the rubble flew forward towards the Mandalorian attacker. Depressing the activator on his lightsaber, the violet blade sprung forward and Jase pointed it at the attacker, while keeping his sense attuned to the Force around him. He would have to dodge any sniper fire until Dryas was outside to draw it away. Fortunately, it'd be more difficult to hit him while inside. Plus, he knew Mandalorians.... When one was personally challenged, their honor dictated they accept. he could only hope Adan and Dryas would be able to react accordingly to their duties.

Tag: Cheapy, Dj, Space Jawa

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Expand
 Back to top »
Adan Blaise
Dj

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 01:56pm    Post subject:

Adan didn't waste time, turning around without even an acknowledgment and sprinted off down the corridors towards the center of the temple. This didn't feel right. Attacking the main entrance of the Temple was suicide, and amounted to terminal stupidity. Even Mandalorians wouldn't be so arrogant to think they could take the Jedi head on. The attack was flashy, loud, and devastating. Most definitely a distraction, but for what?

The force assisting his speed, he blazed past stunned Padawans, and other Knights heading in the opposite direction. It didn't take him long to figure out what they were after. The Archives of the Jedi were one of the most guarded sources of information in the galaxy. Housing data from innumerable missions, governments, and other sources. He had to hurry.

Even with his force assisted speed, it still took Adan at least five minutes to reach the Archives. It didn't help that the Archives themselves were massive. As he stepped through, he looked around and didn't see anyone at first, but the Force was whispering to him, that this was where he needed to be. He stretched out his senses, clearing his mind. There was pain, and confusion clouding his perceptions in the immediate area, the attack had already claimed several casualties. He could feel the younglings within the temple, unconsciously pouring their fear and anxiety into the Force. Even with this, he could still sense something wrong here.

Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 01:59pm    Post subject:

There was an uneasy feeling that flowed through Dryas in the moments before the explosion, one he couldn’t pinpoint the reasoning of, and it exploded when the attack began. Sniper fire sent him for his old lightsaber, and the blue blade activated as he looked for the attacker.

”Get to the sniper, right.”

He turned his lightsaber back off and ran as fast as he possibly could, using the force to boost his natural running capacity. The sniper would not be nearby – that defeated the entire point of the weapons support capabilities as they were apparently being used now. If he was to get to the shooters location, he’d need a faster means of transport.

“What’s happening?” he heard a Jedi ask him as he rushed past. It was a human male, roughly his age give or take a few years, and while he appeared worried, there was no sign of panic in his voice.
“We’re under attack!” he replied, but stopped momentarily as he considered something. “Come with me.” In addition to needing a speeder, he considered that he would also be better off if he had someone to either drive the speeder or seek out the shooter and provide protection against any incoming fire.

He resumed his run towards the temple’s speeders, with the new Jedi in tow.

“There was an explosion near the entrance with at least one soldier attacking directly.” Dryas explained, getting his fellow Jedi as up to speed as fast as he could. “There’s a sniper providing supporting fire. We’re going to deal with the sniper.”
 Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 02:39pm    Post subject:

Xerros:

Xerros had just plugged his datapad into the terminal when the Jedi entered.

The Archives had been all but emptied by the attack on the entrance, so Xerros had faced little trouble getting in unseen. While the fight raged on hundreds of meters away, he had set up his slicing gear at one of the terminals and started a search running for Starskimmer, with code phrases such as "location" and "stationed at". As he plugged his datapad into the terminal, however, a black-clad Jedi entered the Archives. Xerros glanced up from his work and ducked down behind the desk as the Jedi started slowly searching the room. Frak, the hut'uun's onto me. He knows something's up. Moving as quietly as he could, Xerros reached up and started the file download, resting his other hand on one of his blaster pistols.

Hide and seek, Jedi. The cosine of a forty-five degree right triangle is one over the square root of two...

Fargut:

Fargut staggered as a small cloud of debris smashed into his armor. He grunted and leaned into the blast, his massive frame assisting him in keeping his balance. When the rubble disappeared from his vision, he glanced up to see a gaunt-looking Jedi pointing a violet-colored lightsaber at him...an obvious challenge. Fargut grinned behind his helmet and dropped the bulky rotary blaster. It hit the ground with a loud clatter as he drew the beskad at his belt. Somewhere on the tower above, Lyra continued to keep security agents and other Jedi pinned down...but she knew enough to leave Fargut alone with his challenger.

Fargut mimicked the Jedi's pose, pointing the tip of his sword at the him and gesturing with the other. They locked eyes (Or visor, in Fargut's case), measured each other up...and charged.

Lyra:

Lyra watched as Fargut fought with the Jedi. The huge man moved with all of the grace of a bantha...but with twice the power behind each swing. The Jedi managed to slip inside his guard and nick his armor, but the plasma blade failed to cut through. Lyra turned her attention back to the Temple entrance...and caught a glint of light out of the corner of her eye. She withdrew her eyes from her scope and looked to her left in time to see an airspeeder bearing down on her. Shab!

Rolling with her rifle clutched in both hands, she braced the weapon against her shoulder, took aim, and fired. The first slug missed as the speeder bobbed a split second before she fired, so Lyra adjusted her aim and prepared to fire again as it drew closer. Another squeeze of the trigger yielded a result: the bullet impacted the speeder's port side, drawing a slight tail of smoke from the compartment. She smiled...and fired again.

Tag: Jase, Adan, Space Jawa

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 03:02pm    Post subject:

Jase charged his opponent, the challenge accepted. The man was huge; and Jase had a hard enough time avoiding his massive limbs and weapon. However, he did manage to get in close enough to put a chink in the Mandalorian. his was met with a heavy-handed punch from the armored foe; and Jase went reeling back with an audible groan.

He was getting to old to take hits like that. Shaking it off, he reached out with the Force and pulled one of security''s blasters to him. He opened fire and advanced upon the Mandalorian again, lightsaber at a guard stance as Jase fired. He would have to end this quickly, before he took too much damage to get in close and finish the fight.

Tag: Cheapy Gotta sleep before work...

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 03:04pm    Post subject:

”She’s not using a blaster…” Dryas realized as his companion activated his saber. It was some kind of old-fashion weapon, a slugthrower. That would make it more difficult to see the shots and impossible to reflect them.

“Steady it out!” the other Jedi said as Dryas attempted to finish the distance between themselves and the attacker that was now in sight.
“I can’t! She hit something important.” The Bothan replied as he tried to keep the speeder flying. His attempts came to a slow crawl as another shot hit the engine area and caused the vehicle to start on fire.

The speeder began to fall out of the sky, and it was clear to both of them that they wouldn’t be able to land it safely. Both leapt out of their seat with a force-propelled jump towards the edge of the building, Dryas' saber activating as they flew through the sky. The man in the passenger seat made the jump easily, landing on top of the building with room to spare. Dryas wasn’t quite so fortunate.

He came up just short, landing at about chest level, and was pulled back by gravity till he managed to get a solid grip on the edge of the building with his free hand.

”That was a terrible approach…” he thought to himself as he tried to calmed his nerves, deactivating his lightsaber to free up his hand and get a slightly more solid hang on the building. Taking a couple deep breaths, he prepared to pull himself up.
 Back to top »
Adan Blaise
Dj

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 03:12pm    Post subject:

Adan narrowed his eyes as he stood in the opening of the Archives. In an instant, his lightsaber was in his hand and lit, a thin, vibrant, dark green blade cast a soft glow on his face as he looked around. His shoto stayed clipped to his belt. He would only pull that as either a last resort, or when dealing with an opponent using bladed weapons.

He looked side to side as he moved through the Archives, immersed deeply into the Force, alert for any hint of danger. As he laid eyes on one of the desks in the far corner of the room, he said loudly, "Seal and lockdown, authorization five-three-five-nine-two-three."

Behind him, he heard a loud clank as the doors to the Archives sealed themselves. No one but a Master had the codes to reverse a lockdown once it was issued, and the one time use code Adan had just used was now purged from the system. The doors and walls would not hold against one of the wrist, or pack rockets that Mandalorians favored, but it would slow him down, and Adan hoped, put him in the mindset of being trapped.

Never enter a fight on even ground, always gain an advantage, especially a psychological one when you could. If the Mandalorian thought he was trapped, then he might panic, or at the very least second guess his current plan. Always push, never give the enemy time to rest and think. These were the tactics Jase had taught them, and Adan wasn't about to disregard those teachings.

"You're trapped, and I know where you are. Save us both some time and give yourself up. I don't feel like getting arterial spray on my fresh suit," said Adan as he brought his lightsaber up to middle guard, ready to deflect blaster bolts, or any other type of attack.

Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 03:36pm    Post subject:

Xerros:

As the doors clanged shut all around him, Xerros cursed to himself. This Jedi wasn't like the others he'd fought before. This one was good.

"You're trapped," came a voice from the far end of the Archives, "and I know where you are." Xerros reached into his satchel, rooting around in its contents as the Jedi continued speaking. "Save us both some time and give yourself up. I don't feel like getting arterial spray on my fresh suit." His fingers closed over one of his gauntlets, and he slipped the equipment-studded armor piece over one wrist while feeling around for the other. Once he had both, Xerros took a deep breath and stood, his hands above his head. "All right, you win...Jedi." he said, getting a good look at the Jedi and his datapad at the same time. The download was about thirty percent complete...so Xerros would need to buy some time.

The Jedi cocked his head and narrowed his eyes. In response, Xerros shrugged his shoulders, depositing the cloak on the floor and revealing his armor. "Just kidding."

In a heartbeat, he drew both blaster pistols and began squeezing the triggers as fast as he could. Not waiting to see if the bolts hit, he began sidestepping to the right, heading for the closest datacard shelf for cover.

Fargut:

Fargut watched in satisfaction as the elder Jedi reeled back from the hit he'd delivered. He lazily spun his beskad through an arc in the air, slowly walking forward. "Do you know," the Mandalorian said conversationally, "just how many Jedi I've killed?" He stopped two meters away, his sword ready to block any thrusts or cuts from his opponent. Fargut's blood was pumping, and his heart was beating like a pneumatic press.

"I'll give you a hint," he said. "You'd need both hands to count them."

He abruptly swung his sword diagonally at the Jedi's midsection. The Master parried the beskad and diverted it to his left, then tried again to slice through his armor's shoulder joint. Fargut felt the blade nick his skin, but aside from a moderate burn there was no damage, no loss of limb. In retaliation he planted an armored boot in his challenger's chest and kicked out, throwing them both back a few meters. Fargut laughed, a bellowing sound that echoed off the skyscrapers as he closed in.

Lyra:

As the Jedi airspeeder plumetted from the sky, Lyra saw two robed figures leap from the vehicle's canopy towards the edge of her crow's nest. She cursed and jumped to her feet, leaving her rifle where it was; at such a short range, she'd need to be extremely lucky to get off a shot before they were on her. Instead, she ejected the vibroshivs beneath her wrists and charged towards the building's edge just as the first Jedi landed. He brought up his lightsaber and swung at her torso, but she blocked the blow with a beskar-clad forearm and kicked his legs out from under him. Before she could slide her blades into his chest, however, the man slapped his palms onto the rooftop and a slight shockwave erupted from beneath her, knocking her off balance as well.

Lyra cursed and staggered as the Jedi flipped to his feet in a single fluid motion. He reached for his lightsaber, but Lyra kicked the deactivated hilt away from the two of them and waded in, delivering slashes and thrusts that he only barely managed to divert. Finally, just as the second Jedi was pulling himself up she managed to impale him on both blades, his shocked expression sweet to observe. Lyra shoved the Jedi forward, and he stumbled back, his hand clasping at the two leaking wounds in his abdomen, before he fell backwards and plummeted from the rooftop to the balcony a few stories down.

She turned to her second attacker, a Bothan who was dressed similar to the Jedi she'd just killed. "Well?" she asked expectantly.

Tag: Jase, DJ, Space Jawa

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 03:58pm    Post subject:

Dryas tried to remain calm as the fallen Jedi tumbled to his doom. He needed to suppress the urge for vengeance. This couldn’t be about revenge for the Jedi she and her allies were killing, it had to be about justice and finding out what they were after.

“Surrender’s out of the question, I assume.” He said, then delivered a force push that knocked her off her feet. It wasn’t enough to bring any real threat of knocking her off the building, just strong enough to bring her to the ground and give the Bothan a clear opening, hopefully for a quick disarm so she’s be unable to defend herself.

Normally, he would have offered her a chance to surrender, but it was clear to him that wasn’t going to happen. She had just killed a Jedi who appeared about as powerful as Dryas did, there was no way that the Bothan would be able to convince her it was futile to continue – for all he knew, he had about as much chance of beating her as the last Jedi did. Even if he did fare better, he had little doubt she would fight this out to her end if she needed to.

He pulled out his curved Makashi hilt as he advanced and activated the orange blade. His first swing aimed to remove his opponents blades from her hands in one full swoop, or two of them if he had to. But if that quickly became difficult, he would be perfectly happy to settle for removing her hands all together.
 Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 04:09pm    Post subject:

Lyra:

"Surrender's out of the question, I assume?" the Bothan rumbled to her. In response, Lyra raised her right hand in a vulgar gesture...only to have a gale-force gust of air slam into her and send her rolling backwards. She flipped over and managed to land on both feet, albeit somewhat shakily and several meters from where she'd been seconds ago. The Bothan drew his own lightsaber, a curve-hilted orange blade, and stalked towards her cautiously. Lyra slowly circled to the left, her blades raised as she looked the Jedi up and down. "You know," she said, shouting to be heard over the wind whipping across the rooftops, "I've always wanted a pelt for my armor. Do you think gray would look good on me?"

The Jedi ignored her, darting forward suddenly to slash at her hands, probably hoping to disarm her. Lyra blocked with one forearm, then pushed the lightsaber away and rewarded the Jedi with a roundhouse kick in the side. He grunted in pain and stumbled back a few steps before recovering and raising his lightsaber again, this time in a different pose. Before Lyra could adapt to his new form, he thrust forward, aiming for her chest...or so she thought. Again, Lyra attempted to slap the blade away with an armored hand, only to have one of her wrist-blades severed by a quick riposte by the Bothan.

She snarled and retracted the useless weapon and stepped back, placing her weight on her back foot and adopting a traditional teras kasi stance. Her second blade she kept out, stiffening the fingers of that hand to shield the knife from view. With the other, she curled her fingers inward, as if summoning the Bothan to her. "Hurry up, I don't have all frakking day."

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 04:26pm    Post subject:

So much for sleep, I wanted to write this as soon as I thought of it

Jase took the foot hard and he went flying back. It had been far too long since he had fought such a powerhouse of an opponent. He had almost forgotten what it was like. This was one of those situations that would benefit from some of the more esoteric Force abilities used by the likes of Skywalker. At least Jase's ability to utilize precise control with the Force was nearly unparalleled.

He could feel the swelling in his face from the punch; and he was sure the kick had cracked at least two ribs. He had to end this. Now. Calling upon the Force as his enemy charged, Jase levitated his lightsaber and sent it hurtling at maximum speed. The force of the improvised projectile caused it to pierce the Mandalorian armor fully, leaving a clear hole in the big man's torso.

Amazingly, the Mandalorian still advanced, slowly raising his blade, but moving at a greatly reduced speed. Jase used the opportunity to reach out with the Force and bring the rotary cannon to his arms. He smirked a she spun up the barrels.

"I've been killing for 54 years...."

The cannon fired, sending a barrage of heavy bolts into the Mandalorian. The man dropped his blade and stuttered as the bolts pierced him. The big man fell and the elder Jedi limped over to the body. Grabbing an explosive from the barely breathing Mandalorian's armor, Jase looked down at him.

"Tell the Jedi you've killed that Master Denora sends his regards."

Arming the explosive, Jeice shoved it into the hole caused by his saber and walked away calmly. The body muffled the shockwave; and the pieces showered the debris from the attack. Dozens of armed personnel tried to assist Jase, but he waved them away as he limped inside.

"Tend to the wounded and check for survivors... And someone call Skywalker, tell him to get here ASAP."

With that, jase headed towards the Archives. He had no idea why Adan wasn't responding; and he had no clue where Dryas was. Adan was definitely closer though and Jase needed to find him quick.

Tag: Cheapy, Dj, Space Jawa, Chukles Figured we were close enough to done with the individual things that I could epically end my part. Hope that's cool with you. Jase will be sitting out the speeder chase. Thanks for the fun, Cheapy!

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 04:40pm    Post subject:

“Then stop standing over there, why don’t you?” Dryas replied, and pulled her towards him with a force pull. He planned to clothesline her as she came past, but a warning through the force allowed him to narrowly avoid getting stabbed with the woman’s hidden blade. He ducked under the attempted cut, and reached back as she caught herself and landed to kick her in the back.

This set her off balance and allowed him to sweep her feet out from under her. Dryas moved in and sliced down in the direction of her head as he went, stopping just short of her skull. She would be able to feel the heat of the blade near the back of her head, and the buzz of the active saber would be all too close to miss. Ensuring she wouldn’t be able to get him with her own weapon, he pressed his food down on her arm, firm enough to prevent it from moving but not so firm as to cause any major pain.

“How about now? Now do you feel like surrendering?” He asked her, hoping she didn’t have any other hidden tricks up her sleeve.
 Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 04:55pm    Post subject:

Haha, no problem. And yeah, that's cool.

Lyra grunted as she landed on her stomach, the wind knocked out of her. The Bothan planted a boot on her blade hand, trapping it as he lowered the tip of his lightsaber near the back of her neck. "How about now?" the Jedi asked. "Now do you feel like surrendering?"

"Mando'ade droun'yn trattok'o, hu'tuun," Lyra hissed. Clenching her free hand, she activated her armor's jetpack, launching her forward and knocking the Jedi off his feet with the backwash. Lyra cut power to her boosters and rolled, coming up to her feet and activating her whicord. The wire-thin cable wrapped itself around the Bothan, but a flick of his lightsaber severed the connection between them. "I don't think so."

He slashed through the rest of the cord and rose to his feet, but Lyra triggered her flamethrower.

A jet of liquid fire erupted from her wrist, covering the distance between them in a split second. The Bothan leapt backwards, the hem of his cloak catching fire as he barely avoided the stream of flaming death. Lyra adjusted her aim, but the Jedi swept his hand through the air, as if slapping something, and another gust of wind diverted the flames to his left.

His upward momentum spent, the Bothan fell over the side of the skyscraper. Not waiting to see if he managed to save himself, Lyra snatched up her sniper rifle and ran in the opposite direction, using bursts from her jetpack to hop from building to building. Speeder, I need a speeder...

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Adan Blaise
Dj

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 11:19pm    Post subject:

Adan smiled as he batted the blaster bolts away and back at the retreating Mandalorian, the shots going slightly wide. He was hoping the Mandalorian wouldn't come quietly. Now he got to see some real action, as he hadn't had a chance to really stretch his legs combat-wise in a long time. Force jumping towards the man, he kept his lightsaber spinning a furious web, deflecting all of the shots fired until he came down, dropping within melee combat range of the man.

Not even half a second after he had landed, his foot shot out, as he attempted to sweep his feet out from under him. The tactic failed as the man jumped, and backpedaled. Growling in frustration, batting more hastily fired blaster bolts directly towards the man, Adan stuck his hand out in front of him and with every bit of power he could, sent not just a push, but a blast of Force energy straight at the man's chest.

Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 11:34pm    Post subject:

Xerros:

Xerros flew back as the Jedi thrust out not with his lightsaber, but an open palm. What felt like several tons of force slammed into his chestplate, slamming him into the stone wall behind him and making a not-so-slight impact crater. Before the Jedi could follow up on the attack, he dropped his pistols and fired a pair of mini-rockets from his wrists, one at the Jedi's feet and one at his torso. His attacker redirected them easily enough...but the momentary distraction gave Xerros enough time to charge forward and barrel into the man, knocking his lightsaber out of his hand. His legs pumping on sheer adrenaline, Xerros half-lifted the man as they connected and carried him into the datacard case behind him, shaking the shelf and causing a rain of plasteel cards.

The Jedi shoved him away with a Force-enhanced throw, but Xerros managed to get one of his crushgaunts around the edge of another display case, arresting his flight. The man stretched out his hand and called his lightsaber to him, the inert cylinder snapping into his palm and igniting once again. Just as he charged forward, Xerros drew the lightsaber at his own belt and parried his first blow, drawing a look of surprise and confusion from the jet'ii. Drawing on his knowledge of beskad techniques, Xerros began a sequence of thrusts and slices, hoping to bank on the Jedi's surprise long enough to finish him off...or at least, keep him away from the datapad.

Tag: DJ, Space Jawa

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
 Back to top »
Adan Blaise
Dj

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 11:54pm    Post subject:

Adan disengaged from the first few flurry of blows, and shot the Mandalorian a truly wicked grin. He was now fully within his element, and the Mandalorian whether realizing it or not, had just signed his own death warrant. No longer did he look like a Jedi. No, he looked sinister, predatory. He was hoping that the man would have some kind of bladed weapon, hoping that he would try and beat him at his own game.

Adan's only response to the drawn lightsaber was to hold his right hand slightly away from his body, as he called his shoto into his hand with the force, holding it 'upside down' in his hand, the blade, the same color as Adan's main lightsaber now pointed towards the floor at a slight angle.

He locked his eyes on the man, and grinning one last time, launched himself fully towards him, his shoto coming up to block the stolen lightsaber as his other collided with the man's upraised gauntlet, taking the blow that had been meant to sever his head from his torso. Adan wasted no time trying a pushing game, and simply deactivated the blade that had been stopped by the gauntlet, and reactivating it in almost the same instant, now past the gauntlet. Trakata was a very rare form of lightsaber combat, and even though Adan did not adhere to it completely, he heavily relied on certain elements of the style.

The Mandalorian, not missing a beat ducked an instant before the blade made contact, and rolled back, firing a wrist-rocket as he went. Adan sent it veering off course, and colliding with the floor somewhere down one of the aisles before charging back towards the fight.

Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, May 01st 2010 04:15am    Post subject:

”I should have seen that coming…” Dryas said as he managed to catch himself on an outcropping not far below the roof. ”And judged that jump better.” This time, he was more prepared for the landing, and after a couple quick breaths, he took a Force-assisted pull upwards to get his footing, then leapt back onto the roof itself.

He needed a moment to spot the mandalorean, and caught site of her landing on a nearby rooftop. For a normal, unassisted human, it would have been an impossible leap. She, however, had a jetpack, which gave her a distinct advantage even beyond the head start. If she found a large enough gap between rooftops, she’d have a huge opportunity to cut him off. He had to catch her before that happened.

He rushed forward as fast as he could without using up too much of his energy and leaped after the escaping mandalorean. Catching up with her would be a huge challenge, but he wasn’t about to let the size of the task deter him facing it.
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Jedi Temple
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: