Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Application for Lumiya
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Applications » Application for Lumiya
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lumiya
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, March 29th 2010 06:10pm    Post subject: Application for Lumiya

Last Application, and my last FS character. The other being Lucas

Player Nickname: Alex
MSNIM: calias2@hotmail.com

Name: Shira Elan Colla Brie, later known as "Lumiya"
Species: Human with cybernetic parts
Homeworld: Coruscant - Raised on the Palpatine Estate
Desired Faction: None, though I would like to pursue a relationship with the True Empire once it invades the galaxy.
Desired Occupation: Dark Side Adept
Force Sensitivity: Affirmative.
Anything you'd like to tell us about the character:
I think after Daara left the galaxy, she felt abandoned and moreso alone than ever. The Empire had gone soft, and with the Galactic Union, her place in the galaxy had been set aside. Lumiya isolated herself and began to hone her abilities in the Dark Side, while plotting her revenge against the Rebel Alliance, particularly Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo. Lumiya would have visited Korriban and spent many years, perhaps a decade there, studying under the Sith of old, before returning to her secluded asteroid base.

I would like to play from the perspective that she hasn't made an appearance to the Jedi nor the Republic in a long time, and was considered lost for over a decade, maybe more. Without the Vong Invasion or Galactic Second Civil War, it is hard to determine what exactly this character would be up to. Even canonly, there are gaps in this character's history.

Jessie and I spoke, and we'd like her to be working in the Outer Rim. Building resources (Hutt Clan operations, shipping routes that would go unchecked, etc). She might have an apprentice (what does CMAC think?)

Her purpose will become much more clear when Grand Admiral Daara returns to the galaxy, and she will immediately sell herself to the True Empire. Her only hidden agenda, might be to one day replace Daara with an apprentice of her own (thinking of how she had sacrificed herself to Luke Skywalker's lightsaber to give Jacen Solo more time, her motivation to follow the will of the Force, and restoring the reign of the galaxy to the Sith). Even then, I'm open and she would probably be persuaded greatly by the Grand Admiral, in as much as that agenda would be halted, if not completely voided at the prospect of Daara giving Lumiya her own academy of Dark Side adept students... all trained to follow and obey Daara.

Now with that uncertainty aside, the character is a strong willed individual, giving her the motivation to stay alive time after time. Having more lives than any before her, she's a crafted mastermind at putting events into motion that will benefit her fortune. Though her purpose has been shifted to learning the ways of the Sith, she has worked and built a small status in the Hutt Regions, but using the ability of masking her true identity, most (if any) wouldn't be able to identify her physically.

Summarized Biography:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lumiya

To fit Unity's unique take on the Star Wars universe, the self-proclaimed Dark Lady of the Sith, had dedicated years and in the decade of peace and tranquility, with the Jedi Order rebuilding with fresh numbers, Lumiya has been carefully studying and honing her abilities on Korriban and Ziost respectfully. Her ventures are in the Outer Rim, avoiding contact and possible identification inside the Galactic Union, viewing Fel's Empire as a weak-womp rat nation. With his recent demise, her eyes have set foot on restoring the Empire to its previous glory... but when she learns that Daara has returned, Lumiya will submit to the Grand Admiral's will, understanding the importance and the resources the True Empire would have in restoring Palpatine's Empire.

Direction of this character is entirely open and will develop as the game progresses. I cannot stress enough on the interest and loyalty she will have towards Grand Admiral Daara, should she be given the opportunity.
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Tue, April 06th 2010 12:29am    Post subject:

Hey Alex,

CMAC wants a bit of clarification about the Korriban background. What Sith did you speak to? Are you talking about the dead Sith Lords?

Also, just a note... Daara is the one that left the galaxy and is now coming back, not Daala. :p They're different people. Just making sure you know.

Looking forward to your followup. :D
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, April 06th 2010 02:53am    Post subject:

Thanks Cray, and whoooooops. :P
I do that in my Krauss posts all the time, and have to constantly go back and correct.

Korriban, not sure what the logical and CMAC's range is here. If we can do a dead Sith lord, that would be fun, but if that is unlikely or we don't want to go there, maybe she was reading wall/tomb-texts/tablets (... maybe over the decades she was able to decode the texts and tombs, either by teaching herself...through years of academic meditation, and reading through archives across the galaxy... maybe finding a scholar that might've been tortured or used in some way to help her understand them...)

I'm pretty open to her background, and if CMAC has a better back-story, I'm all for it. :P I just figured Korriban as a nice little place to tuck this Dark Jedi lady safely away from the decade of peace.

Maybe she was involved in outer rim politics? Chiss? Ssi-Ruuvi?

With that said, I am not sure what the best back-story on this canon character, and could use all the help I can get. :P
 Back to top »
Lumiya
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, April 06th 2010 02:56am    Post subject:

I adjusted and corrected the "Daala-Daara" issue :oops:
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, April 07th 2010 01:42am    Post subject:

Okay, that sounds fine, although we'd discourage being involved in Unknown Region politics - keep it within the known galaxy, I think. :D Anyway, application approved! Good luck with the character. When Daara comes back to the galaxy, we'll have to talk about Lumiya's involvement with the Empire.
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Applications » Application for Lumiya
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: