Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Heavily Modified Corellian Corvette ‘FMATS Spearhead’
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Heavily Modified Corellian Corvette ‘FMATS Spearhead’
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, February 22nd 2010 04:55am    Post subject: Heavily Modified Corellian Corvette ‘FMATS Spearhead’

(Continued from here.)

”What just happened?” Morgan asked, examining the spiraling blue and white space around him. He was pretty sure he recognized what it was, he just wasn’t ready to believe where it was.
”I think they jumped to hyperspace.” ZIM replied, which while hardly a factual confirmation of his own thoughts on it, were about the closest he expected to get to a genuine answer.

For several minutes, the hunter continued to lay on his back as the situation sank in, a million thoughts running through his head. But both his mouth and anything at the forefront of his mind – that was to say, the kind of thoughts that ZIM could actually hear – remained silent.

”Hello? Morgan, you there? You mind saying something? Anything? And don’t try to tell me you’re dead, because…”
”FRAKKIN’ SITHSPAWN!!!”

Another few moments passed, much like those from before ZIM had asked for a response, but this time Morgan’s brain was a bit more concentrated in its direction.

”Alright, I’ll be honest, that was not quite the type of…”
”Please, if you don’t mind, I’d appreciate it if you let me put my thoughts in order.”

There was good news and bad news about his current predicament. The good news, for what little it was worth, was that even though he had failed to catch the pirates in their base, the hunt was not yet over. He had been given extra rounds to bring them down, and they were still all concentrated in a single place.

The game was not yet over – he could still pull off a big, nay, huge win.

The bad news was his time was more limited than it had ever been in this situation. He had no idea how long the extra innings would last, and could only hope their destination wasn’t nearby. Furthermore, in whatever time he did have, he would have to get inside the ship, stop it from getting somewhere that would offer help and kill his chances of success, and take out the pirates. All while ensuring he wouldn’t be trapped out literally in the middle of nowhere in the process.

Which brought him to the really bad news – he was on the outside of the ship. A ship that was in hyperspace. He’d only heard rumors of what happened when things went into hyperspace without the ability to come back out, but they all pretty much told the same story – they were never heard from again.

As long as he was on the outside, one false step or misjudgement resulting in him loosing connection with the ship would mean he’d spend what would seem like an eternity floating around in this oddly colorful void until the moment his air supply ran out, at which point he would meet a rather violent and terrible death.

”Oh, good lord of all that is decent and right with the universe…” he said in a barely audible voice as it all came together. ”Frakking Sithspawn indeed.”

But there was one piece of good news he hadn’t realized before. News that, once it had come to his attention, made his task feel just a touch more doable, for whatever it was worth. And he needed every bit of worth he could get in that department right now. Once the ship had jumped to hyperspace, the forces making it difficult for him to move around had all but disappeared. He still would have to watch his step, but he at least he had reason to believe he could actually get the job started by standing up.

”ZIM to Morgan, ZIM to Morgan. Please tell me you have not just checked out and left me flying solo.”
”And trust you alone in my body? Not bloody likely.”

Taking a deep, relaxing breath to slow down his rushing mind, he began to do just that, taking extra care not to do anything that would leave him flying without a ship under his feet.

”Let’s get to work.”
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, March 03rd 2010 07:51pm    Post subject:

There were clear signs that the ships modifications were only half-finished. It wasn’t just the lack of a paint job. He had serious doubt that a band of pirates like this would give a flying bantha’s behind about something as trivial as that. But there were lots of noticeable points where he suspected they had taken care to make the ships useable in a pinch, with plans to go back and finish the job later. One of those ‘pinch points’ would be his means of entry.

”As I was saying before my mind tripped out, did you get anything on the schematics for this junkheap?”
”Not quite. I did download basic plan details, but nothing too specific.”

That would have to do. Gave him a starting point to search for his entry point. Any entry point, really. But preferentially, one near the engines – something to give him the quickest point of entry towards the hyperdrive.

”Tell me that at the very least we have something on the standard ship layout…”
”I believe so, let me search…”

Fortunately for him, one of the biggest visible modification areas wasn’t far from his location. Worth investigating, at the very least. One careful step at a time, he trekked across the top of the hull towards his first destination. Switching his cybernetic eye to swap around its spectrum intake, he looked for any signs he could that would allow him to get inside the ship.

”Why, hello there…”

One particular point, which showed structural weakness in the temporary connection, looked like it might just be weak enough to budge if he leveraged his mechanics right.

Knocking out a ceiling panel with a swift hard kick, Morgan activated his wrist blaster and hung down from the ceiling, blasting bolts in every direction as a safety precaution. When he bothered to look all the way around, he saw that it was unnecessary, as the section of the ship he had infiltrated was empty entirely.

Dropping to the floor, he noticed there was some level of gravity now. It probably wasn’t as high as it would be on the rest of the ship, but it was there.

”Sweet mercy, yes! Thank you!”

After running around in an environment where the lack of gravity normally would have killed him, it was enough to make the hunter fall to his knees in relief.

”Morgan? Morgan! Keep on topic.”
”Way to spoil the mood, ZIM.”

But the droid was right. He had to keep moving. Standing up, he began looking for his final exit before he could make his finishing moves.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, March 06th 2010 05:14pm    Post subject:

Finding an exit, or a way in if you looked at it the other way, wasn’t a difficult job. As much as this part of the ship showed signs of being messed around with as part of the pirates retooling job, it still held the things expected to be found in a hallway, including the door panel. While ZIM was unable to access most of the ship from their location, he was able to force the door open, despite the safety locks in place to keep out the vacuum that now took up the small area of the ship he was in.

As expected, air started rushing through to the hole had left behind when the door started to crack open. However, the door wasn’t well designed for function under conditions such as this, and wasn’t opening fast enough for Morgans tastes. With a little push, he helped it along, and squeezed through to the other end.

Half-way through to the other side, he was surprised as a round of blaster bolts flew past him. Not all the way through yet, but not willing to squeeze back the other way, he aimed his wrist blaster, only for a luck shot to hit his arm.

”Ack! My arm!”

His attempt at a return shot didn’t work, which was a very bad sign. Franticly pushing away from the door, he just managed to squeeze the rest of the way through and dodged a couple more shots which no doubt would have hit him in more serious places. Reaching for his last grenade, he threw it at the shooters, and picked himself off the ground as he watched them scramble to get away from it.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, March 12th 2010 06:10am    Post subject:

The grenade got one of them, but the other managed to put enough space between him and the explosive to survive long enough for Morgan to take a repulsor-boosted leap at him, tackle him to the ground, and knock him out with a hard punch to the face. Picking himself back off the ground, as well as both the pirates weapons, he then shot the pirate for good measure. He picked up the other pirates weapon as well, then did as quick a scan for ammo as he felt safe before scrambling for some other area of the ship.

He doubted that the explosion had gone unheard by anyone still alive, and didn’t want to be surrounded. Even if they no doubt knew he was here, it would be best to keep them guessing as to where he was located. They couldn’t kill something if they didn’t know where to shoot at.

”Plug-in, plug-in, show me a plug-in.”

Passing by a promising looking door, he opened it to reveal that it wasn’t quite as promising as he would have liked. It was a meeting room, but it was also currently occupied by a small group of pirates, one of whom was standing right next to the door as though he was preparing to leave.

Acting quickly, Morgan raised his blaster and shot the man in the gut, then grabbed him and pulled him forward to use him as a shield against the inevitable follow-up return fire. He got off enough shooting of his own at the four remaining pirates to take down one before the rest made it to as suitable cover as could be expected in the room, then moved back a few steps to let the door close again.

”Ok, now what?
”Human projectile?”

Morgan nearly responded with a comment on how it was a dumb idea, but then stopped short as he considered that maybe it wasn’t such a bad idea as it first sounded when he considered the possibility.

Putting his foot up against the back of the body, he moved back towards the doorway. When it opened, he activated the repulsor-system on the foot, sending it forward towards one of the pirates. It didn’t do much, but it gave him enough of a distraction to leap into the room without getting killed and duck under the table. This, in turn, provided enough confusion for him to shoot the legs out from two of them, bringing the odds to a much more manageable two on one.

Rolling out from under the table, and away from the blaster fire of the one, he came out looking up at the other. He fired upwards with an un-aimed shot, which missed entirely but did enough to send the pirates aim off as well as he moved to keep from getting hit. Hit leg, however, remained within reach, and Morgan grabbed on and pulled, dropping him to the ground. Both of them picked themselves up quickly, but Morgan was faster. Firing a few more random shots, this time in the direction of the other pirate, he dropped his blaster, grabbed the closer opponent, and used him as a human shield before throwing the both of them across the room with his lifts and slamming into the final pirate.

Picking up the dropped blaster, he delivered a finishing shot and proceeded to look for a way to lock the room and let ZIM do his thing.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, March 13th 2010 05:46am    Post subject:

As hoped, the room contained a plug-in terminal suitable for ZIM to start hacking into the ship though.

”How quickly do you think you can work this thing?”
”I’ve already locked the doors. The security systems this ship is using are a joke compared to what…
”It’s you again, isn’t it?”

Morgans attention was drawn from ZIM as a communicator, laying on the floor near one of the dead pirates, changed pace from the usual calls for report to something a little more interesting. He suspected that whoever was on the other end had guessed that Morgan was in the ship and responsible for the lack of a response. By the sound of the voice, it was probably the same guy he had talked to earlier. Aiming his blaster at the communicator, he fired and terminated the device.

”What’d you do that for?”
”I can’t taunt him from here, I’m not unplugging while you still have work to do, and I’m SURE not going to let him start a one-way conversation with me.”
”You wouldn’t have had to wait that long. I’m practically done already.”

A moment later, he could feel the ship decelerating out of hyperspace.

”That was you, right?”
”You’re welcome. The cavalry should be on their way soon.”

Just as ZIM said, Morgan didn’t have to wait long for backup. Certainly not long enough for the pirates to punch their way into Morgans hold-out, with ZIM giving them plenty of roadblocks and other things to panic about.

It was only a matter of time before Norrteth showed up, and soon after, a military ship with enough forces to force the pirates into surrender. With the pirates captured and in the hands of the authorities, all there was left to do was collect the bounty.

(Click Here to Continue the Story.)
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Heavily Modified Corellian Corvette ‘FMATS Spearhead’
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: