Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Action VI Transport 'Bounty'
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Action VI Transport 'Bounty'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rex Gris
Dezzi

Post Posted: Fri, February 19th 2010 01:32am    Post subject: Action VI Transport 'Bounty'

Bounty

Corellian Engineering Corporation
Action Series
Action VI Transport
Bulk Freighter

Length: 125 m
Speed: 700 km/h (atmospheric)
Hyperdive: 3.3

Crew: 6 (2 min)
Passengers: 20
Cargo: 50,000 metric tons
 Back to top »
Rex Gris
Dezzi

Post Posted: Fri, February 19th 2010 01:36am    Post subject:

"You're obviously using a cheater," Rex grumbled, tossing another stick of credits at the chiss across from him. The smuggler had his foot propped up on the table, sheltering a hand of sabacc cards while a burning death-stick smoldered between his lips. The crew lounge of theBounty was dark and relatively quiet, but more importantly, it provided Rex a clear view of the entry hatch. Not that it mattered, since the two of them were the only beings aboard. "C'mon," he said. "Next round."

The chiss nodded, quietly dealing out the next hand of cards. Rex pulled his hand up and scanned them: commander of staves, three of staves, the idiot, and balance. It looked good; Rex felt a surge of adrenaline pump through him in anticipation of a win. He could chance it and call the hand, but the chiss' luck had been on point thus far. Then again, Rex had always told himself that you had to take any opportunity that presented itself. "I call you."

Rex's eyes watched the table carefully as the chiss revealed his hand. First to flip was demise, then mistress of staves and master of sabers. A chill ran down the man's spine; all Thulis needed to win was a nine of any suit to pull a pure sabacc on him. The chances were remote, but you never knew what a card would shift to. His heart choked its way to his throat as the last card flipped over: nine of sabers.

Thulis wanted to smile, but collected his credits without a word as Rex looked on with utter contempt. He knew better than to press his luck. Though Rex was nothing like his former quarren master, it was best to avoid any altercations.

"Like I said, you're a cheater, Thulis. I'm done giving you credits."

"As you wish, Rex," replied the chiss.

"Yeah, and when you're done counting your glorious winnings, I could use another sunburn." The man laid deep into the beat-up couch, resting his head against the wall as he took a stiff drag of his death-stick. His eyes had long since dilated, his mind swimming. Of course, that could be the only reason for his losses.
 Back to top »
Rex Gris
Dezzi

Post Posted: Fri, February 19th 2010 06:27pm    Post subject:

In orbit over Denon the Bounty sat, coasting her way along a geosynchronous arc which provided a stunning view of the ecumenopolis below. Scattered clouds broke to reveal large swaths of the surface, gray and solid. If one looked closely, they would see shifting traffic lines which shadowed the buildings beneath them with rolling dots. It reminded Rex of Coruscant, but there was something remote and distant about Denon. He had been to Corsucant many times, passing through with the Silent Blades as the crew looked forward to spending its latest hoard of credits won from a weak freighter or transport. Coruscant exuded a life, a pulse of something great and meaningful; the center of all things in the galaxy. Denon was but a shadow of that, a pathetic reminder of the once-great commercial center it had been, but had somehow become lost in the embroiled politicking which dominated the Galactic Union. In a way, it reminded him of the hollow feeling he got when visiting Nar Shadaa or Tatooine.

"This is gonna be a tough one," Rex said to his partner, his boots propped up on the pilot's console. He was studying a worn datapad. "Can't say I trust this Echo person, but we don't have many options right now. What do you think?"

The chiss retreated into his thoughts, compiling all that he knew of the situation in a matrix of all the possibilities. "It's likely there's something more to it than you're getting from your contact, and they have little to lose should you fail, but you need credits and they're offering them."

Rex smiled wide. "I like the way you think, Thulis."

Thulis nodded.

"Well that just leaves the matter of finding someone who can slice their way into the system, and bribing just the right official to get us the crypt." He paused, folding his hands behind his head as he leaned back into the pilot's seat. "Should be easy enough to do provided a few credits and a blaster pointed in the right spot."

"But you are worried about something..."

Rex's eyes pointed accusingly at his companion. "I don't worry."

"My apologies."

They sat quietly for a few passing moments, Rex watching the speckled lights of orbital traffic coming from and going to the surface. Finally he said, "What if it's just a set-up?"

Thulis looked at him, nodded. "Perhaps, but as you've said before, 'there's only one way to find out'."
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Action VI Transport 'Bounty'
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: