Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Kashyyyk, Shadowlands
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Kashyyyk, Shadowlands
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, September 12th 2009 10:00pm    Post subject: Kashyyyk, Shadowlands

Shadowlands, One mile northeast of Rwookrrorro

Trekking through the dark forest of the Shadowlands was eerie and nerve-racking, bushes rustled, saplings swayed in the cold breeze. Katarns echoed screeched lizardly hisses throughout the forest, Tachs yelped annoyingly through the forest. Some getting as close to Badim as the bushes that lined the narrow path he walked on. Beneath all this noise, he had to rely on the other four senses to get him through this. The eeriness continued for what seemed –as with the walk— like eternity. He kept one hand on the hilt of his vibrosword, for when the Terentatek appears. He looked above his head, seeing a small group of Tach swinging and climbing on the trees, hooting and yelping as they went. He didn’t see any of the Katarns or the Kinrath. But they were the creatures that haunted his mind. The Terentatek haunted his reality and his dreams, monstrous creatures of nine-to-ten feet tall. A creature of that size dwarfs Badim, being a mere 5ft 9”.
He snapped to his left, he stared at the bush with a readied look on his face, his hand gripped tightly around the hilt of his sword. A Tach bounced out of the bush, stared at him for a moment with its head cocked slightly. Then hopped away along the path; then hopped back into the bushes. Badim exhaled a sigh of relief, and loosened his grip on the sword’s hilt. He shook his head. Stupid Tachs. almost gave a heart attack- his back bent backwards as a large claw swatted him aside. He flew ten feet; his arm hit a tree sending him into a spin towards the ground. His head hit the ground hard. Stars danced in front of his vision, and then darkness followed.

~~~
Later
Unknown time…
~~~

The ground rubbed against Badim’s back, he could feel his cloak tearing and ripping. His vision started to come around, all he could see was a rock ceiling, slowly moving past his view. He felt a claw wrapped around his leg, pulling him behind itself. He lifted his head up just enough to see the spiked back of a large creature.
Six spikes… Red skin… The Terentatek…
The creature stopped dragging him across the floor; it lumbered around and faced Badim menacingly. He rolled over, reached for his sword, but like in the dream, it was there. He looked in front of him and saw it five feet from him. He grabbed his vibroblade from his hip and held the hilt tight. He forced himself up, his legs almost caved under the weight. His body throbbed from pain. The creature just stared at him, it didn’t move or anything. Badim slowly made backed out of the cave. He turned a corner, broke the line of sight and breathed a sigh of relief. He stroked his left arm, and pain shot up his spine, “Dah!” he screamed, “Stupid Son-of-a-Bi” A roar erupted from behind the corner. Badim fell silent and waited; he felt distanced thumps, which seemed to get farther away than closer. He was about to exhale again, before the wall above his head exploded, with talons embedded into it. The creature roared as it reared the corner. Giving chase to Badim; He past corner after corner, with no exit in sight. He saw a faint light down a tunnel and ran for it. He made it outside and slowed slightly. Looking up and seeing a small ray of light. He thought it was over, before the Terentatek lifted him up in front of its face and roared again. Badim took advantage of the moment and sliced into the creature’s arm. It screamed and dropped him. Blood squirted out of its wound. Badim landed on his left arm. He felt the pain intensify in his arm. He sprawled and rolled about the ground in pain. He looked up and saw the creature trying to reach for him, to finish it. Then its face erupted in red explosions, being hit with blaster bolts by the tens. It roared in pain as it retreated back into its cave. He felt someone dragging him away from the cave. From there, Badim blacked out again…

Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest

Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, September 15th 2009 01:16am    Post subject:

Badim’s eyes fluttered open as he came too. The world around him was a blurred and fuzzy, a side effect of him blacking out no-doubt. All he saw was a tan cloth covering him overhead and a fuzzy, red and yellow light near the floor next to him. He felt a radiant heat coming from it, gracefully caressing his cheek. His mind started to click more senses on, first of which was his blurred vision, next was his hearing. His ear twitched slightly, almost feeling like a switch being flipped, he began to hear rain prickling on the cloth above him. His eyes focused more and he saw a human figure appear, tending the fire. He kept his stare on the figure as it came into focus more and more. The figure began to morph from a human figure, to a woman in modified Imperial Scout Trooper armor, still wearing her helmet. Stormtrooper… He reached to his hip to retrieve one of his weapons, only to find that they weren’t there. A scrambled voice spoke out in reply to Badim’s movement, “Don’t try getting your weapons,” She said, poking a stick into the fire to move the coals around, “I’ve hidden those for when you woke up.”
Badim shook his head and closed his eyes, trying to knock the daze out of him. His vision was clearer when he opened them again, not perfect, but clear. “What’s an Imperial doing here?” All she did was glare at him beneath her tinted visor. She turned back to the fire, threw the piece of wood into the fire and continued her glare, “Mercenary-slash-Survivalist actually.” She said as she began to remove her helmet, “This armor,” She paused as her helmet came over her head, the tone in her voice changed too, changing from a heavily scrambled voice, to a soft female one, “I acquired it from a Black-Market seller in Depatar on Genarius.” She shook her black hair out of the bun it was in, let it flow flat onto her shoulders and looked at Badim.
Expand

“What happened?” Badim asked, referring to the Terentatek.
“You were Extremely lucky there Mister…?” She asked as she rubbed her hands in front of the fire.
“Badim Soilding.”
“Soilding, few survive a Terentatek attack, you surviving inside of its lair long enough for me to get there, is beyond me.”
Badim cocked his head slightly, “Speaking of which, how’d you know I was in danger?”
“I live close by, and I always check in on that thing every once and a while. With that scar you gave it, it shouldn’t bother you anymore. It was bored, that why it didn’t kill you, Yet. They feed on-”
“Force-Users, I know.” Badim interrupted as he tried to get up, only to be replied with the Mercenary’s gun, a DC-17 pointed at his face, with her other hand, waving a finger at him, “Nu-uh. Slower.”
Badim raised both his hands up in a I surrender way, “Easy… I’m just getting up. You saved me from getting eaten. I won’t do anything.”
Her reply was just a smirk and a nod of the head. She holstered her blaster and continued to tend the fire.
“So, how long have you been here in the Shadowlands?”
“About eight months. I’ve been on Kashyyyk for ten.”
“Have you seen a girl named Sara Soto?” The woman looked at him, recalling her most recent memories of her.
“Your search ended at that cave.” She said with disappointment, “That Terentatek you faced…” Her face turned pale as she said the two words Badim never wanted to hear, “Killed her.”
“What?”
“She important to you?”
“She is-was…” He corrected himself. The woman shifted her leg over her other, in an interested manner, “What were you going to do with her, if she was still alive?” Badim reached into his pocket and pulled out Sara’s locket,
“I was going to return this to her.”
“How’d you acquire it?” She asked curiously. Badim smiled at her and said, “Why does everyone ask that?”
“You seem to have a story to your face.” Badim felt the top of his head, he didn’t realize it; his cloak was removed. He franticly looked around for it, making the woman laugh. He looked and saw it hung on a nearby branch, he shook his head at the despair he felt a second ago, chuckling.
“Okay, I’ll tell you the story, on the condition you give back my cloak.”
“Deal.” She laughed.

~~~Later~~~

The woman just sat there, bewildered at Badim, the detail in Sara’s appearance, “Now, how do you know Sara?” Badim said.
“Okay… Assassin, she was my campmate. We camped here together, and then she wandered off about five months ago. That’s when that thing killed her. I found her mutilated corpse in that cave you were in yesterday-”
Yesterday?!”
“Yeah, yesterday. I found you yesterday-”
“Clare is probably worried sick about me and with my arm-” He touched his injured arm and pain again shot up his spine, “Ssss… Still hurts. Listen Miss…?”
“Diann Reeves, and who’s Clare?”
“My mechanic. Reeves, I need to get back to Rwookrrorro. I need to return to Nar Shaddaa.”
She sat with her arms crossed and a disapproving look on her face. Then she smiled and replied, “On the condition you take me with you.”
“What?”
“I’ve been in the Shadowlands longer than one should, I need to see the galaxy again. Besides, with my marksmanship, I should be a valuable part of your crew.”
“Fine. Welcome aboard The Killer’s Fate. Can we leave now?” Badim replied stubbornly.

Badim Soilding First Previous Next Latest

Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Mid Rim » Kashyyyk, Shadowlands
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: