Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Ye-6 Stellar Hunter
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Ye-6 Stellar Hunter
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron Church
Lazer

Post Posted: Sat, August 15th 2009 11:33pm    Post subject: Ye-6 Stellar Hunter

Ye-6 Gunship - Stellar Hunter

Hyperdrive: Class 2
Armament:
-2 twin laser cannons
-2 dual ion cannons
-1 concussion missile launcher (8 missiles)
Crew: 2
Passengers: 8

Well, here's something you can't do...

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Aaron Church
Lazer

Post Posted: Sat, August 15th 2009 11:53pm    Post subject:

Aaron loved the Ye-6. Not just for it's maneuverability. Not just for it's speed. Not just for it's 360 degree firepower. But for how damn comfortable the pilot's chair was. Aaron was kicked back, his feet on the dash, hands behind his head.
"You know, Haggard, I think I could sit here all day." He said to his copilot without looking at him.
"Will you shut up about that damn chair?" Haggard's voice reached his ears, but Aaron didn't care. He was too relaxed. "And get your feet off the dash. We're gunna have company."
Aaron sighed. The fool was right. Haggard just needed to realize that everyone prepared for combat in their own way. Aaron preferred to sleep, or listen to some 'Rock' band, while Haggard suddenly transformed into an old, paranoid maid. Hell, if all went to plan, they wouldn't have to even fight. That was for the Commandos. Aaron's job was to fly so smooth that they didn't even realize they had left the hangar. Aaron wouldn't mind a fight, but that raised the possibility of death, and being dead would really cut back on his nap time.

The ISC's entered the hangar, and Aaron pulled on his headset and lowered the ramp. The rush of the Star Destroyer's chilled air filled the gunship, followed by the sound of metal boots on the gangway.

"Haggard, begin the start up procedures, and get ready to make a.., uh, jump for Corellia." He said, looking at the datapad with the briefing on it.

"Corellia? I thought the pyscho was retreating to the Extrictarium Nebula?"

"Need to pick up an Intel agent who's in pursuit of Nico."

"Whatever."
Aaron hated when Hag said 'whatever.' He sighed, and leaned forward, and filpped open the ship's comm channel.

"Hello? Everyone comfy? Good. Well, uh, this is your captain speaking, and-"
"Cut the shit, Aaron." Hag cut in.
"Well, thanks for choosing Imperial Space, I'm Lieutenant Aaron Church, if you need me, I'll be in the cockpit." He leaned forward and flipped the comm channel off.

"Man," He said, turning to Haggard, "Why do you always have to ruin my fun?"

"Whatever."

"Shut up, Haggard."

Aaron leaned ignited the engines, and activated the repulsors. The ship began to rise. On the small keyboard to his right, Aaron hit the 'GEAR' and 'RAMP' button, raising the two. He then put the power to full. They pushed forward into the Destroyer's main hangar, and the steel floor dropped out beneath them. He struck the 'TAIL' button, and the Ye-6's signature V-tail stabilizers, an improvement from the Ye-4, which locked flat for storage, moved up into position.

Aaron grabbed the joystick and rolled the Hunter in a graceful arc out of the hangar into the bleak, open space.

"Alright, set a course for Corellia."

Haggard nodded, and hit a key on the dashboard, activating a holo starmap which he began navigating through with his fingers.
Only in the navy do we get such nice toys... He grinned, and left his seat. They'd have some time in hyperspace, and anyone would be better company than Haggard.

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Aaron Church
Lazer

Post Posted: Mon, August 17th 2009 12:31am    Post subject:

Aaron bit his lip, but he couldn't stop from laughing at the memory. He wasn't the only one. Half the shock troopers were busting up.
"Which is bad enough, right?" He continued his story, still laughing, "But then we tell the guy, no, that's a right handed smoke shifter. We wanted a left handed smoke shifter. So he picks up the damned thing, which probably weighs a hundred something kilos, and starts to carry it back down the hill. I tell you, man, I-"
Haggard's voice cut over the comm.
"Better get up here, Church. Dropping of hyperspace in five."
"Ah, well, you know. Duty calls." He said, still grinning. "Thanks for keeping me company, boys." He turned and jogged up to the cockpit.

The Stellar Hunter dropped out of hyperspace, and Aaron quickly took his bearings. He banked towards Corellia, and called up a Nav point over the hangar on his HUD. He then opened a comm channel on the frequency designated for the agent.

"Agent Tranda, this is Imperial Gunship Stellar Hunter, designation Alpha Kilo Gulf Four Seven, we are currently inbound on your position to assist in your pursuit Vera Nico. Stand by."

He clicked off the comm and directed the gunship towards the marker. He dipped the ship and started a 'spiral reentry,' a gunship maneuver where the ship spiraled in a helix around it designated landing zone to insert the ship directly over it. He leveled off and directed the ship towards the open hangar. The eternally angry Corellian dispatch officer opened a frequency with the ship, demanding their business be stated.
"Extracting an Imperial Agent so a murder can be brought to justice." He replied with disdain. It was CorSec ATC alone that made Aaron prefer avoid Corellia.

The Stellar Hunter came to a hover over the hangar, and Aaron opened its dual troop doors, both swinging open in unison, serving the dual purpose of ramps into the ship.

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Tiara

Post Posted: Mon, August 17th 2009 12:50am    Post subject:

A lot had happened in a short amount of time and Jacen had only managed to keep ahead of it all by staying constantly on the move. The criminal Vera Nico had eluded him through the use of a predetermined escape plan and had fled to Iego. Rather than keep him investigating the now leaderless criminal factions, he was co-opted to assist with the hunt.

As Jacen approached the rendevous point, his radio crackled to life.

"Agent Tranda, this is Imperial Gunship Stellar Hunter, designation Alpha Kilo Gulf Four Seven, we are currently inbound on your position to assist in your pursuit Vera Nico. Stand by."
"Acknowledged," Jacen replied.

Jacen climbed the landing ramp to find the leader of his reinforcements, Lieutenant Aaron Church, waiting for him.

Expand
 Back to top »
Aaron Church
Lazer

Post Posted: Tue, August 18th 2009 12:39am    Post subject:

Aaron watched on the starboard camera as Agent Tranda ran up the ramp into the ship. Aaron turned his head towards the airlock as it automatically pealed back, allowing the agent entrance and then sealed up behind him.

Aaron grinned back at him.

"All aboard then? Good. Best grab onto something. We're breaking atmo ASAP."

Aaron turned back to his controls and pushed the dual thrust levers to takeoff speeds, and then slowly pushed them farther forward, the ship rising, rising, leaving Corellia behind.

"Haggard. Set a course for the Extrictarium Nebula. I'll help get Agent Tranda situated." He turned to the Agent and nodded. "Follow me, sir."
Aaron led him down to the ship's staging area, which doubled as a common, where the commandos and second Imperial Intelligence agent were prepping for the hunt. Aaron led Jacen to the Intel agent, and quickly introduced them.

"Lieutenant Tranda, this is Captain Feliks. He'll help brief you on the situation." The commando Master Sargent, Sarkk, had made his way over to the small table the three of them were crowed around.

Feliks shook hands with Tranda, then pulled out a small data pad.

"This is what we know..."

The Stellar Hunter is now in the Extrictarium Nebula.

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Tiara

Post Posted: Fri, August 21st 2009 08:57pm    Post subject:

After finishing the brief, Jacen felt suddenly ashamed of Imperial Intelligence. All they knew about this Vera Nico wasn't a great deal aside from a list of crimes she was said to have comitted to get her on the New Republic's most wanted list and he refused to believe that she was that good at covering her tracks. Nevertheless, he had a job to do, but he was hoping that the New Republic had enough evidence to charge and hold the woman, should she choose to come quietly.

"Well, at least we know her name," muttered Jacen to himself as his commlink beeped. It was Intelligence Headquarters on Bastion. Apparently he was going to be training a new recruit once this business was over and done with. Jacen was pleased, he could use the break.

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, August 21st 2009 09:36pm    Post subject:

Once Lieutenant Church had retreated to the cockpit, Neo stood from where he'd been sitting with his team and joined Tranada on the other side of the passenger bay. The Lieutenant looked up when he noticed the two-hundred pound armored figure stop in front of him, and to his credit he held Neo's faceless gaze. Neo offered him a hand. "Sergeant Sarkk, Stormtrooper Corps, sir. My team and I are at your disposal."

Expand
 Back to top »
Aaron Church
Lazer

Post Posted: Sat, August 22nd 2009 01:12am    Post subject:

I said, the Stellar Hunter is now in the Extrictarium Nebula! :P

Aaron broke off from the cargo bay and returned to the hangar. They were running blind as far as intelligence, but they had agreed that Nico probably wanted to head planet-side, where it was easier to hide. The problem was that the only known planet in the Nebula, Iego, appeared on no star charts and had no gravitational anchor, meaning to would be hard to find, especially with the interference of the gas.

Within minutes the Stellar Hunter pulled out of hyperspace, and Haggard started the scanning.

"She can't be to far ahead of this, but in this shroud it wouldn't mean much. Look for gravitational disruptions, energy fluxes, ship transponders. The gas is fine and fairly evenly dispersed, so on a physical level the planet should be easier to find."

Haggard nodded and got to work, stooped over his monitors in deep concentration. He had been attached to Stellar for this mission because of this specifically. Intel had managed to weasel out Nico's hyperspace coordinates from CorSec, and Haggard had a gift for information analysis. Perhaps it was compensation for his lack of social skills.

Aaron powered up the weapons and brought the turrets cameras up on his screens, giving him a 360 degree view of his surroundings, with firepower to match. Save for the concussion missile launchers, all weapons were set to autotarget and could fire at the press of a button.

The hunt was on. Aaron lifted the comm to his mouth and broadcasted to the cargo bay,
"We're starting to comb the Nebula with everything we've got. For the record, we are on alert level two, yellow. No sign of Nico, or anyone else for the moment. I'll keep you posted."

He set the mic back and returned to the controls. They were in the dark, but Aaron wouldn't let himself be daunted. He was the best damn pilot in the battle group, rated on everything from E-Wings to bulk freighters.

Bring on the rain...

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Jacen Tranada
Tiara

Post Posted: Sat, August 22nd 2009 11:02pm    Post subject:

Jacen listen intently as one of the heavily armoured stormtroopers clunked his way across the cargo bay towards him. After a moment, he decided that clunked wasn't really the right adjective to describe the behemoth's movements. Imperial research and design were better at their jobs than that. At he drew closer, Jacen raised his head, looking into the faceless mask of steel that stared back at him.

"Sergeant Starkk, Stormtrooper Corps, sir. My team and I are at your disposal." Jacen was somewhat relieved. The body language of the man suggested that his armour gave him an elevated sense of self-importance and was probably dead on the mark, but the man had a respect for anf knowledge of the appropriate chain of command, which was all that Jacen really cared about.
"Lieutenant Jacen Tranada, Intelligence," replied Jacen, shaking the man's hand. As he released the man's hand, the whirring of the hyperdrive stopped, indicating that they had reverted to realspace at their destination.

He withdrew his service blaster and double checked that it still retained plenty of charge and that it was free from dirt and/or obstructions.

Expand
 Back to top »
Aaron Church
Lazer

Post Posted: Sun, August 23rd 2009 05:53pm    Post subject:

The Stellar Hunter quietly pushed through the nebula, slowly drifting through the purple swirls of gas.

"Wait, I've got something." Haggard said, leaning closer to his screen.

"What is it?" Aaron asked, turning towards his copilot.

"I got a transponder signal, kinda weak, but it's there. Let's see... it's GalacTec YT-1500 transport. It's registered as the... Blight Leaper. Seems like it's moving away from us."

"Concentrate your scan on the space around that ship. My bet's Iego can't be far off."

Haggard rapidly typed something into his keyboard, hit the enter key, then began pouring over the information in front of him.

"Um... no... wait. Yes. We've definitely got something. fair sized grav flux originating from these co-ords. Here, I'll load them into the nav computer."

"That's got to be it.. I'll reset our destination now. Oh, and tag that ship, run it against our database. Remind me to include it in our report."

Things were in full swing now. They'd be at Iego in less than eight hours.

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, August 23rd 2009 06:27pm    Post subject:

They checked and rechecked weaponry and armor. They performed breaching drills inside the gunship's mostly empty cargo bay as best as they could. They did push-ups, sit-ups, anything to ease the tension as the time went by. After Neo's first contact with Lieutenant Tranada, the officer mostly stuck to himself and performed his own methods of passing the time. The only other occasion they spoke was when the two of them went over the plan for taking Nico's ship.

"Where are you planning on boarding?" Tranada had asked as the two of them pondered a holographic blueprint of the Firespray-31, curtesy of the Kuat Drive Yards archival department. Neo had pointed to the port side of the ship's downward facing 'nose'. "Here. If Nico hasn't changed the ship's internal layout too much, there should be a maintenance hatch we can dock with and cut into once we disable the ship."

"And if there isn't?"

In response, Neo had shrugged and hefted a roll of detonite cable. "We'll get creative."

That had been six hours ago, and aside from the freighter they'd spotted earlier, there had been no sign of Nico.

Expand
 Back to top »
Aaron Church
Lazer

Post Posted: Thu, August 27th 2009 08:30pm    Post subject:

Aaron's breathing was slow and quite. They had slipped across the Nebula for six hours, checking the space around then at regular intervals. So far, nothing. Over the hours it had become apparent that the freighter's destination was the same as theirs. The Stellar Hunter was slightly faster than the larger ship, and had slowly narrowed the gap. They couldn't be more than an hour behind them now.

A small 'blip' on his monitor broke his concentration, and Aaron brought it up on screen.

"Hyperspace jump detected... Haggard, bring up that ship's information."

"Gotchya... let's see... it's a Class 720, designation 'Star Raptor.' No other information on record. Do we hail 'em?"

"No. We want to be as discreet as possible. Keep tabs on that ship and alert our commando's that we are now dealing with two contacts."

Haggard nodded and left his seat. They had decided that using the ship's PA system was too risky, as the things were known to sometimes broadcast static when in use.

Things were quickly getting complicated. Tracking a deadly criminal to an uncharted planet was risky enough. But with two other unknowns in the area, things could turn bad, fast.

Then the planet emerged.

As if the lifting of a veil, the purple dust of the nebula fell behind as the Stellar Hunter fell forward into the black envelope of space surrounding Iego.

"Whoa..." Aaron muttered to himself, looking at the scene in front of him. He slowed the ship and put both of his hands on the controls as he looked incredulously at the asteroids in the space ahead.

With all those moving objects, anything could be hiding here...

Aaron took a deep breath. They were now playing by Nico's rules.

Note: I know that the Star Raptor is way behind, but since they've got a tracking device I figured their jump would be more accurate than the Stellar Hunter and the Blight Leaper. Besides, we all get their at the same time, so don't complain. :P

The Stellar Hunter is now at Iego. (That's in the Outer Rim, admins.)

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, August 29th 2009 02:34am    Post subject:

Vera had detected the second ship approaching Iego from a distance, and while her ship engaged the Blight Leaper, three X-Wings, slightly outdated, yet piloted by creative artificial intelligence droids, detached from several of the orbiting shards, and engaged the advancing Ye-6 Gunship.

One had launched from a floating piece of junk metal from the left, another from the right, and the third from below. Each are synchronized, targeting shields surrounding the vessel's engines. The droids’ communication systems remain in frequent contact with the Khan, constantly receiving updates and additional orders. Their current objective being to eliminate the Imperial gunship.

Back to top »
Aaron Church
Lazer

Post Posted: Sun, August 30th 2009 11:57am    Post subject:

Combat is never the same. No matter how prepared you think you are, it will always catch you by surprise.

Aaron monitored the space in front of the ship, slowly weaving between some of the larger asteroids, trying to keep their maneuvering at a minimum.

A flash caught his through the viewport, and he craned his neck to see. It came again, several deep red lances lighting up the surrounding nebula.

Turbolaser fire.

It was right on top of the transport they'd tagged earlier. It was under attack. Aaron reached for the PA system to alert Haggard. That's when he saw them.

From the wreckage in front of him erupted several small purple jets of flame, breaking away from the rock and metal of the asteroid system. They pushed out in all directions, rolled, then came right at him.

X-Wing starfighters. It was an attack.

Aaron grabbed the comm. "All hands. Stations. We are under attack."

He corrected his posture and grabbed the controls, and started up the weapons systems. The fighters were on top of them now, and he felt the vibration of a laser impact.

"Auto target, engaged. Concussion missiles, armed." The ship's automated voice said as he hit the appropriate buttons.

He took a deep breath, and yanked back on the joystick. The gunship shot upward, the fighters pulling upward in an attempt to follow.

He rolled, and directed the ship at a section of space cluttered with mid sized asteroids.

If I can evade then and preoccupy them with flying, the autotargeting should take them down...

He accelerated, the ships behind him matching speed and duplicating his jukes and rolls.

"Haggard! Get up here!" He yelled over his shoulder, hoping his voice would reach him.

The entered the field, and he began to weave in between the floating chunks of ice and metal, trying to regain his calm. The fighters changed formation, splitting up and approaching the Hunter from all sides. They entered the gun's range, and simultaneously the ship's four laser weapons lit up, attempting to bring the threats down.

One of them rolled above the ship, sheltering itself from the gun turrets with the gunship's twin V tails. The fighter brought itself up, ready to strike, and Aaron cut the power back, and the fighter missed it's mark. It's programing caused it to over-adjust it's mistake, and it slammed into the port fuselage, bring down the sheilds and shredding off two of its wings before it spiraled off into space.

"Shit!" Aaron yelled and the entire gunship vibrated with the impact. Behind him, Haggard entered the cockpit, only to be thrown into the bulkhead by the blast. Blood trickled from his temples.

Across the dashboard, sensors flared. The entire cockpit seemed aglow with the red light of warnings and failure alerts.

The fighters came in again, firing their array of weaponry with extreme malice. The auto-targeting lasers struck one them, disabling it, but the shots hit home, racking the exposed hull.

Aaron fought with the controls, attempting to bring the ship about. It steadied out, but it was too late. They were falling, with no power towards the planet. Out the view port he could see the other ships, they seemed to be plummeting too, down, down.

As the windows became aglow with the light of reentry, Aaron reached for the PA system.

"All hands! Brace for impact!"

He pulled back on the stick. This could be it.

And that's saw them. All around the ship, it seemed, were... women. Beautiful women. The circled around the ship in an entrancing dance, their songs washing away the piercing sound of the sirens and warnings.

Aaron shook his head. He said aloud, "Am I dea-"

The Stellar Hunter hit the planet surface, bouncing and skidding, leaving a quarter mile scar in the gully where it had crashed.

The Stellar Hunter has crash landed on Iego.

Lazer X7
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Ye-6 Stellar Hunter
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: