Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Jonathan Ferris, Apartment
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Jonathan Ferris, Apartment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonathan Ferris
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 18th 2009 01:12am    Post subject: Jonathan Ferris, Apartment

Galactic Calendar,
Month 1, Day 1
Early Morning about 0800 hours,

Jonathan Ferris had been awake for quite a while. Three hours at least he thought, stubbornly refusing to look at the time. The celebration last night had kept him awake until he couldn’t take it anymore and he’d taken a sleeping pill. Waking up three hours short of a full rest, mostly due to his holocom waking him up, someone from a Reunion committee was reminding him to arrive at the Infinity at 1200 hours. The Infinity was an updated Keldabe Class-Battleship, Mandalorian designed and made. Which meant it was built to take a beating. Outdated now since every military ship, except for ones keeping peace against pirates and terrorists, went under disarmament procedures, stripped of their weapons and flight controls. He remembered the day he Retired from active duty but, many weren’t surprised at the decision, with no ships to command, unless taking on the job of grueling system patrols, no one had use for Captains or crewmembers anymore. The days of fighting were over, against major factions at least. He shifted his attention away from the Infinity to contemplate his morning, which consisted of mostly watching the holonet channel. He got up from his couch he had been sitting on for all of the morning, stepped in front of his apartment window and saw the sun‘s rays shining through the smog that filled the air. Coruscant was a buzz with extra traffic, extra noise, extra everything. People were still up and running from eight hours ago, sanitation speeders zipped past his window as they were going around the sector collecting trash from the celebration. Speeders of all shape and sizes were going every-which direction to visit relatives, go find a marketplace that was open on the New Year and many other activities Ferris couldn’t think of.

Alone in his apartment, no family left to speak of, dying during the Second Galactic Civil War. He moved to his closet in his bedroom. He stood in front of it and hesitated on opening it for a moment.
Do I really need to go to this Reunion? He thought, remembering what he did to his crew, I just don’t think they would want to see a retired Captain show his face to the crew I let down, instead of taking on system patrols and continuing our service, I let them down and retired.
He opened it, in a clean and neat glass showcase, was his Senior Captain’s Uniform. A navy blue fabric tunic with a pair of neatly folded trousers of the same fabric. Five decorated medals were pinned on it: The Republic Cross, The Bronze Star, The Silver Star, The Badge of Valor and his Senior Captain’s Badge. Each meant much to him, as he worked hard for them, and many lives lost for them.
No, He continued his thought, I’m their Captain, a leader, not a coward.
Setting his mind straight, he opened the glass container and grabbed his Uniform and walked into his restroom to dress for the event. He just hoped it still fit after ten years.

~~Ten minutes later~~

To his surprise, his uniform still fit him. Jonathan straightened his tunic to clear out a wrinkle or two from it. Closed his eyes, stepped in front of his bedroom mirror and opened them. What he saw, was a decorated officer of the New Republic. A man with a strong, square jaw. With small whiskers growing along his jaw line, trying to grow a beard. Stubble coated the top of his head. Green eyes were shining dully in his face, having lost the spark he had when he graduated. He shook his head, sighed, walked away from the mirror, grabbed his apartment keys and walked out the door.

Well, there's my start, I'll start on another post tomorrow, Ferris will head to Eastport to take a transport to the Orbital Dock that the Infinity is docked at. I'll be online for a little bit before I head to bed.
Expand
 Back to top »
Jonathan Ferris
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, August 18th 2009 11:43pm    Post subject:

Galactic Calendar,
Month 1, Day 1
1000 hours,

Ferris looked around the open cab of the Taxi, seeing city blocks, skyscrapers, and other speeders zip past him in a intricate ballet of coordination. Ferris was fascinated with how close these hovercraft can be to each other and there be no accident. He turned his attention in front of the Taxi and saw his destination. A two hour cab ride brought Jonathan to EastPort to grab a shuttle to an Orbital Space Station over one of Coruscant’s moons. A Golan III Space Defense Platform, currently where the Infinity was docked. Brought in for the special occasion of the Reunion, along with many other ships where their crews were meeting as well. The speeder slowed to a halt as it entered EastPort’s loading/unloading area. It hovered over the ground about fifteen inches. The driver turned off the engine of the speeder and it slowly lowered to the ground as it cycled back. It touched with a small, metallic thud. Ferris reached for, and pulled the door handle open. The door popped open, he stepped out and turned to the driver.

“Thanks for the ride,” He said, reaching for his pocket, “How much do I owe you?”
The man turned to him, “Nothin’,” He replied, grinning, “Happy Unification Day, Sir.”
“Unification Day?” Ferris asked, “I thought it was New Year?”
“That’s what I call it,” He responded, still having his grin, “Now, have a nice flight.”

Ferris just nodded and walked away as the man’s speeder started up and began to leave. As he walked away, he couldn’t help but ponder, Unification Day? He thought, Not a bad name for a Holiday. He shook his head to clear his thought, he had to remember what gate he had to leave out of.

Short, I know. Just needed to get him to the Spaceport before the thought left my head.

Expand
 Back to top »
Jonathan Ferris
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, August 20th 2009 02:00am    Post subject:

Galactic Calendar,
Month 1, Day 1
1045 hours,

Ferris entered the walkway entrance to the AA-9 passenger freighter, a large, brown-ish red vessel a little shorter than 1300 meters. He could tell it had been in service for not too long. It smelled fresh still, fresh paint and everything. A droid stood at the entrance of the vessel, stopping people and asking for something, he couldn’t hear it, but he’d guessed he’d find out in just a moment. He walked up, the droid looked at him and said,

“Ticket please.” It said, directing him to place his ticket into a slot in a pedestal next to it. He did, as instructed, and ‘punched’ his ticket in. He removed it and put it in his back pocket.
“Thank you, Sir,” It said, “Have a nice flight.” Ferris nodded and continued on.

~~Five Minutes Later~~

Damn, Ferris thought as he struggled to find a seat in the ‘In-System Transport’ section, Is everyone going to the Infinity? He thought jokingly to himself as he continued to look, until he found a seat, next to,

Ferris?” The Man in the seat, wearing a New Republic Navy Uniform, said, “Captain Ferris? Is that really you?” Ferris got a good look at him.
“Jones?” He replied, “Jones Romny?! What are you doing here?”
“I’m going to the Reunion on our ship, Sir,” Jones replied, “I wouldn’t miss our ten year anniversary of no war-”
Jones Romny, Ferris thought, Lieutenant Jones Romny. Amazing how two people can never see each other for ten years, and meet up on a passenger freighter.
“Sir?” Jones said, trying to get his attention, “Sir?!”
“Huh? Oh, sorry Jones.” Ferris said apologetically,
“You still have that problem of zoning out, don’t you?”
Ferris almost got red-faced at this, “Sorry, I was just thinking of the chances we had of meeting right here, right at this very moment.”
“I don’t know, Sir,” Jones replied, “Likely, a very low chance.”
Ferris smiled with a large grin and nodded as he thought of the great times they had together.

Come to think of it, He thought, The only ‘Good Times’ I remember with Jones is just, War. And those weren’t so glamorous.

“Sir?” Jones asked again, “Sir?! You have to get out of that habit.”
“Sorry.” Jonathan replied, still holding his grin.
Expand
 Back to top »
Jonathan Ferris
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, August 24th 2009 11:55pm    Post subject:

Galactic Calendar,
Month 1, Day 1
1155 hours,

Ferris and Romny walked side-by-side down the all too familiar hallways of the Infinity in a proud manner. The reunion party for the bridge crew was being held on the Command Deck, which was to bring back memories of duty as a family. The Pilots would meet up in the hanger, soldiers in the barracks etc. Late party guests walked past the Captain and Lieutenant, saluting as they went by. Returning the salutes, Ferris, Romny and the guests had ear-to-ear grins on their faces, remembering their time together.

Galactic Calendar,
Month 1, Day 1
1159 hours,

Here they were, at the blast-door to the bridge. Who’s still alive? What do they look like, now that ten years have past? Ran through their heads. They hesitated opening it as those thoughts ran their course. Ferris looked at Romny, whom stared at the Durasteel Door. Well, he moved his hand towards the command console, I might as well be the one who opens it. He pressed the button and the door hissed open to reveal a command deck that Ferris had spent all of his time in the Navy in. The room was filled with retired Navy Officers, young and old, fat and slim. Ferris knew everyone in there. The room fell silent, it had seemed that they weren’t happy at him at first. But one by one, they began to salute their Captain. Some with grim faces, some with grins. But all, had missed their time in the Navy. They wanted to get back to action.

No one spoke, not knowing what to say. Ferris cleared his throat, “Men, Women and fellow friends,” he began, “Today is our ten year anniversary of peace with the Empire. Today, ten years ago, I retired. Unfortunately.” His officers leaned in at this, wanting to hear what was to be heard, “I’m going to ask the New Republic of my decision, to Rejoin the New Republic Navy.” People cocked their heads, confused, others, had smiles brewing, “And I ask you, would you rejoin my crew?” Romny, who stood next to him, stepped forward and said,
“Sir, I would follow you into the Unknown Regions and back. I’m with you.” Ferris nodded to him and looked back to the officers. They looked at each other, trying to find the answer and one by one, they saluted him.

“Good,” Ferris replied, “Now let’s enjoy this reunion, and I’ll contact Republic Command to reinitiate the Infinity back into service as soon as I get back planet-side."
Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Jonathan Ferris, Apartment
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: