Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Happy New Year?
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Happy New Year?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riene Zend
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, January 01st 2014 07:11pm    Post subject: Happy New Year?

Well... maybe not so much in these parts. Had kind of a rude shock yesterday... I checked the date on my last IC post to see when I last really wrote creatively (was doing New Year's Resolutions :p)... then I scrolled up to the one before that. The earlier one will be turning two years old in a few days. That... saddened me.

A while back—which anymore means years ago—it was suggested that I sought to end Unity due to my coming up with other ideas that were decidedly incompatible with the game. My response to that was I would lock the door behind everyone else (that is, I'll be the last one out of Unity when the rest of the players and admins have called it quits). And I will hold to that. There were ideas of making Unity a community hub, letting the game itself proceed at its preferred glacial pace—if at all—while we host the bulk of the community in this very forum. Nothing would make me happier.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to be coming to pass. Hell, for all I know, I'm shouting into the abyss. Sure, some of you pop up now and then—and thank you—but well... we used to do annual statistics at these year-end/new year things. Let's look, shall we?

Announcements: 1 New Post (mine, commenting on locking the PNPC thread due to repeated spam attacks)
Suggestions: None
Applications: 2 New Posts... an application for a Republic character that I never went anywhere with, and the approval post :(
Off-Topic: Discounting me at this point: four from Alex, one from Space Jawa, one from Tiara. So, six posts, most in late February and early March.
Assessment: 54 posts.
RPG Forums: Ten. One is mine, the others are Alex's. So... good job, Alex. You win Most Active RPer for 2013 and a cookie. :p I guess it helps when your characters are free to move about...

So, what should we do? What do you want to do? Han, Cray, Zara, Alex, Jase, Space Jawa... everyone who has come and gone (and I guess Cheapy too :p)... call it a fun ride and so long? Try something new? Rally and kick this back into gear?

Sorry for the downer intro the new year. I wish you all a happy, safe, and healthy new year, and I hope SWRPGs can still be part of it. But if it's not be... I understand.

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Fri, January 03rd 2014 05:29pm    Post subject:

Hi

I'm back if you are... :wink:
 Back to top »
Sam Shepard
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, January 09th 2014 12:24pm    Post subject:

So... we're still gonna try to keep Unity going. But given the pace this has, well, I can see why that might not be enough for everyone. So... there's something in the works, one or two of you may already know something about it.

It'll be a return to form... a bit quicker pace so you kinda have to stay active to stay on top of things. :p
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, February 08th 2014 10:19am    Post subject:

If it takes two to tango, maybe three will be a party?

I'm back. It took a weird couple of weeks to get the semester and work schedule into order, but I would love to RP again.

At the very least, this is a great forum to practice some creative writing skills. I'm rusty as hell, but I have a lot of fun here... to a lot of you just kind of glancing in, writing can be simple and small. It doesn't have to be a huge commitment, in fact, I would suggest setting up a couple (even small) active plots and invite any wanderers to join there. It's better to use it a little every other day than not at all.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, February 09th 2014 02:22pm    Post subject:

Quote:
It's better to use it a little every other day than not at all.

This is true.

EDIT: Huh. The Holonet has gone away. :(

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Happy New Year?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: