Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Jallorn application
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Applications » Jallorn application
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jallorn
Jallorn

Post Posted: Tue, August 04th 2009 01:10am    Post subject: Jallorn application

Player Nickname: Jallorn

Name: Jallorn Drakath
Species: Human
Homeworld: Taris
Desired Faction: Currently Unnaffiliated
Desired Occupation: Ex-Jedi Knight
Force Sensitivity: Yes
Anything you'd like to tell us about the character: Am planning to have him start a new jedi/force sensitive faction. C5 (see below) can be either a PNPC, or I might play him, not sure yet, first I should get Jallorn accepted though.
Summarized Biography: Discovered as force sensitive at age 7, he spent 4 years of his life learning the basics of the force before becoming a padawan. 10 years after that, he was elevated to knighthood. During this time, he served no truly distinctive role, though he was esteemed as a skilled practitioner to various degrees of Lightsaber Forms I, III, IV, and VI, as well as Jar'Kai. He was unique in that he strongly favored a combination of a single lightsaber, and a guard shoto. After 3 years of serving as a jedi knight, he left the order for undeclared reasons, and dissapeared into seclusion. During his seclusion, he created his own style of combat, combining the various forms he knew, and adding a few innovations of his own. This style drew upon the basic ideas of form VI of balance and thought. It was fluid and quick like ataru, but incorporated the defensiveness of soresu. One held one of his two lightsabers backwards, and used it primarily for defence, using it to parry most attacks, while the other blade was used for more offensive actions. Much of the style was the simple practice of evasion rather than parrying, though like soresu it was focused on prolonging the battle until an opening showed itself. Those being the primary aspects of the style, it was designed mostly for combating other wielders of lightsabers. During the 6 years in seclusion, Jallorn practiced lightsaber combat with a droid he had constructed for just that purpose. This droid, called T34-C5, or most often, C5, also had in it's memory banks a large quantity of data downloaded from the jedi databanks before Jallorn's departure. Most of them dealt with history, both of the republic, and the jedi order, but a few had teachings of the force, mostly knight level, but a few introductory courses. C5 had programming preventing him from revealing any of this data to anyone not cleared by Jallorn. The data is stored on memory that can only be wiped if specifically targeted, though if C5 was given a memory wipe, he would forget he knew the data unless someone spoke one of the codes to him. These codes allow access to various amounts of data, all the way from specific accounts of events that are mostly common, if vague, knowledge, all the way up to the knight-level force training. Over the 6 years with Jallorn, C5 developed a patient and thoughtful personality, engaging in many conversations with Jallorn about various events; including, but not limited to, the causes of wars, the effects of small policies, and particularly, the actions of the Jedi. A protocol was added to his programming later that allowed him to give his advice on actions and give reasons from his secret databanks as long as they were not above a certain security level and he didn't reveal the existence of the secret database. The last 2 years of his seclusion, Jallorn acquired a blaster rifle, and added practicing with it to his daily tasks. 3 years ago, Jallorn emerged from seclusion as a bounty hunter, starting on Nal Hutta. He wore mandalorian armor, customized with a few secrets, most namely his sabers hidden in the wrist armor, and went by the name of Cade Antillies. By the middle of the first year, he had earned enough money for a ship, an old V-19 Torrent Starfighter he modified slightly so that C5 could fit in it. During the next two years, Jallorn continued his work as a bounty hunter, observing the galaxy and adding to C5's database when possible, even going so far as to install more space. Most of the time he worked for government contracts, but occasionally he hunted down particularly nasty criminals and handed them over to other criminals for a greater sum of money. He was usually able to bring people in alive, but had a few kills to his name.

Yes I know it's giant, but I have a little more to add: Jallorn's sabers don't have any switches on the outside, and instead require one to use the force to activate them. Easy enough after a little practice, but you kinda need to know where the switch is. Also, as I hope was obvious, as a bounty hunter he hasn't been using his sabers, nor has he used any overt force powers.
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Tue, August 04th 2009 11:37pm    Post subject:

Hello and welcome, Jallorn! :D Glad to see you're along for the ride. :)

We just have a few questions and suggestions about your character. Firstly, we were wondering if you could provide any more information about why and how Jallorn left the Jedi Order. If you want to develop the reasons more in-character, that's fine, but CMAC would appreciate some more information.

Also, since saber-to-saber combat is so comparatively rare today, do you think you could tone down the level of saber mastery Jallorn has? Mastering more than a couple forms was a very big feat in the Old Republic days, and I'd say it still is today.

As for the faction idea, I'm not sure if that will work out. Currently, the Jedi Order is unified, but after the game starts, it will fracture at some point. So, we'll have several different types of academies out there, and I think there'd be a great place for you in one of them without the need of creating a new faction.

Let me know if you have any more questions, too. :)
Jallorn

Post Posted: Wed, August 05th 2009 12:00am    Post subject:

I'll answer the easy ones first. As for the lightsaber skill, he hasn't mastered any of them, he is simply skillful with them as compared to other saber wielders of the time. He is most skilled with his personal style, but he has yet to even perfect that yet, though it's uniqueness is an advantage since no one will know what to expect of it.

The faction point ties into why he left the order.

Not until he neared a position of a Jedi Knight did Jallorn truly expand his attention beyond saber combat, force connection, and the lessons of his master. However, in the second month of his second year of being a Knight, Jallorn's newer knowledge caused him to question the order of the galaxy. He even questioned whether the order as it was was truly capable of fulfilling it's goals. Around this time he started spending more time in the archives, and he eventually decided that he needed to study the objects of his interest in greater seclusion. He spent a short while dropping a few hints to his padawan, and asking him questions that he hoped would lead to a train of thought that might provide Jallorn with some insight, but eventually told the young man (or woman, I don't care, might enlist the aid of another player) that he needed a better master, and formally asked the council to provide one if possible. After downloading a great quantity of data from the archives, he dissapeared, placing himself on dantooine, and building a house in an area of fairly large force resonance. The faction ties in in that he will eventually come to the decision that the jedi order is good as it is, but that it is insufficient, and he feels a more secret order would be helpful. I've got several ideas on this aspect, but I don't really want to give them away.

I'd also like to mention that this alternate jedi order is something I've had in my head for a while. Tried writing it into a fan-fic a few times, but I ahven't really gotten anywhere. I might still do so though.
 Back to top »
Jallorn
Jallorn

Post Posted: Thu, August 06th 2009 09:20pm    Post subject:

Buh-bumpa.
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Thu, August 06th 2009 09:39pm    Post subject:

Okay, I talked with the rest of CMAC. Having another Jedi Order is okay, but can your plot wait until after the current Jedi Order fractures? As it is now, the Order (and the entire galaxy, for that matter) is unified, but tensions are starting to show... the currently Jedi Order is still one Order, but the teachings of individual academies are starting to diverge. After everything hits the fan, you could then establish your Order (or join an existing one) and try to grab students.

How's that sound?

The rest of the biography sounds okay, as long as the droid doesn't contain anything that is, like, super-top-secret. Jedi teachings are fine, though. :)

Thanks for your patience! :D
Jallorn

Post Posted: Thu, August 06th 2009 09:41pm    Post subject:

Yeah, he's still working out how he wants this stuff to go down. Odds are he won't be ready until some time after the split (or the split could motivate him). But yeah, that's fine.

On another note, would it be better to make C5 a PNPC, or another character? If I made him a character, could I do back and forth between him and Jallorn under one post as one character? Just so it factors in, I'd clarify a few things in a character application, particularly what C5's role really was (as opposed to the summary I gave up there), among a few other things.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, August 07th 2009 01:18am    Post subject:

Yes, you could do it in one post and make the droid a PNPC. :)

Application approved. Welcome aboard. :D

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Applications » Jallorn application
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: