Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, July 21st 2012 01:56am    Post subject:

Even though her eyes were closed, she could clearly see the fluctuations in the Force. Another set of invisible eyes guided her shots with more precision than her eyes of flesh. It came easier to her now, and she hoped to talk to Bella later on how to refine her techniques. But that can wait.
She targeted vital areas that wouldn't kill anyone, and she could feel the pulses of electricity as it went to the shields until they diminished to nothing, and she switched targets to gunports that were unmanned.

Soon the engines were disabled on both ships, and Sara felt a life wink out when Badim destroyed a gunport. She gradually lowered her head, she hadn't yet gotten used to feeling beings die through the Force. But a wave hit her moments later, she felt a surge of desperation in both of the ships, her eyes shot open and she gasped.
Before she could do much more, the ship she had been targeting self-destructed. A fiery ball of white-blue heat flashed, expanded and cooled in an instant. What remained was a scorched, empty superstructure that had curved around the explosion and the engine section was nowhere to be seen.

She struggled to get to grips, six lives had just died on board at once and she felt their pain.

At least what happened on Naboo she didn't feel the lives she took while under Var's spell. Now there was nothing to block her senses, nothing to prevent her from feeling the death. It was easier being a non-Force user, she just killed in self-defense and lived with the faces of the people she killed. Now she can feel how they died.

Sara looked to the other ship, the beings on board feeling shocked, but equally desperate and determined. She reached out a hand with her eyes closed once again, she reached out and felt the minds of the beings inside. Eight of them. She struggled to not pass out, it was taxing to feel those minds only and no one else's.
Sara concentrated, and as gently as she could she wanted to squeeze their minds to knock them unconscious to prevent them from committing suicide. She was about to begin her attempt, when Bella shouted, "Don't! You might kill them without training!"

Sara breathed, she hadn't noticed she hadn't taken a breath since the first ship self-destructed. She continued to stretch her senses to the ship, and felt a surge of frustration. Could they not self-destruct?

A zeal came over another being, and his life winked out shortly after.

"They're committing suicide on there!" Sara shouted, hoping Bella could do what she was attempting to do, or had a better plan.

Whatever she did, Sara pulled her presence into herself, not wanting to feel what happened next...

Tag: Alex
Isabel Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, July 24th 2012 03:06am    Post subject:

Sara was reckless for a moment, but her intentions were pure. There was a reason a Jedi Academy existed, and once this engagement was over, Isabel would remind the red-head of that fact. Bella concentrated and managed to knock one, maybe two of the enemy crewmembers out cold, but the rest were dead within seconds. Their ship's engine was beginning to overload, but the Corellian Corvette had arrived and used its torpedo bays to launch a couple of astrometric droids onto the enemy ship's hull. The droids were able to stop any kind of imminent engine breach.

The Blight Leaper was hailed, Tseneca answered and was requested to meet with Calamari officials upon landing. For now, Isabel cruised to the opposite turret gun and leaned in to the quiet Sara. The woman was shaken, but her thoughts were well collected. "Damian explained to me what happened on Naboo. I can sense that it still troubles you."

"Oh? What else can you sense?" Sara said, her voice fluttering slightly. The death of those individuals had some kind of effect on her.

"I can sense that you are not yet accustomed to death and suffering. But do not worry, no Jedi overcomes these feelings. We feel it every day, in all tragedies. Grand Master Skywalker described to me once the pain he felt on Endor, and then his Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, had felt the loss of Alderaan. Embrace it, let it move you, but know that the Force is with you... in all things."

Sara smiled, "Thank you. What you did, earlier, can you teach me? Teach me control? I haven't really had the luck of meeting a trainer that has me in their best interests."

Isabel smiled, "Of course. Though it won't be anything formal, I can give you some pointers."

Sara nodded, "What will happen to them, the two you paralyzed?"

"It was temporary paralysis, but I am not sure. It is likely the officials of this system will question them and inspect their shuttle. But that is not our concern." Isabel said honestly, "Tseneca will want to deliver the plans soon, and this opportunity has allowed her to do so."

Sara, "The plans?"

Isabel felt a pain, something wasn't right here. In all honesty, the voyage to Dac had shed so much light onto the crew, that she was positive that Tseneca wasn't the spy. But someone, or something, with access codes and the same Thyferran resources was attempting to frame her. Deciding not to lie directly to Sara, Isabel sidestepped the question. "Yes. Will you accompany me to the hotel when we land? My mother made special arrangements and I am ready to lay in a bed that is more than three feet wide. There we can practice a form of meditation that will enhance your connection to the force."
 Back to top »
H6-32
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, July 24th 2012 05:20am    Post subject:

Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9b9aSAQAT8&list=PL323C1C22342B8C9A&index=6&feature=plpp_video

H6 was standing at the sensors and communications panel when he received the landing coordinates to land on Dac. He forwarded them to Mistress and turned to Kris. He could tell the boy was shaken by what happened here in the past few moments. He glanced over to the surviving ship and used a short-wave comlink to listen in on what the astromech droids were saying to each other while they were busy repairing. What they could repair to prevent an overload, at least.
ETA five-thousand cycles until destabilization. Nothing more can be done. Returning to HOME beacon. H6 easily calculated that the ship had ten standard Coruscanti minutes until the ship detonated. His curiosity diminished and he turned back to Kris.

"You are troubled," H6 said, giving it to him straight as organics would call it, "Were you not satisfied with the performance of your brother's companions, and a profile on the friendly side of my IFF?"

Kris looked at H6 squarely, fear was in his eyes and the rapid pulse jutting out from his neck showed high levels of adrenaline.
"N-no, they did great," Kris looked back out to the aqua colored oceans of Dac, "With that drop in power, I just didn't think we'd stop them. Or that they would just plow right through and--"

"Deactivate us?" H6 queried, "Kris, I calculated a 72.893% percent chance of doing just what we did, with captives surviving." H6 preferred not to take captives unless it was necessary, things tended to get messy when captives were involved.
"25.107% percent chance our adversaries would be disabled, but with us disabled as well. And a 2% percent chance of us being destroyed. With another ship aiding us," he nodded towards the Killer's Fate before continuing, Kris' gaze directed over in the direction H6 nodded towards. "And two Force-users on board, the chances of us being destroyed were fairly slim."

"Yeah, but what if it wasn't the 72% percent? What if it was the 2% percent?"

H6 made two large steps towards Kris and leaned in close, fear was even more evident in the boy. H6 backed off a little, "The fact of the matter is, we were that 72% percent. And we have been in that 72% percent range for as long as I've been activated. It nears the 25% percent range often, but never enters the 2% percent range."

H6 was careful to not mention the disappearance of Jonas, or the death of Fink, making such notes would hinder the progress H6 was making in hardening the organic. He had to do it with Dex and Firi, he will do it again with Kris.
H6 leaned away in contemplation. He hadn't heard news of either of the younglings in a very long time, and no one made mention of it.

"Six," Master called from behind him, stepping out of the turret mount, "I need to talk to you."

"I will be in the Hold momentarily, Master," H6 turned back to Kris as Master went to the cargo hold, "Are you feeling adequate, Kris?"

Kris fell silent for a moment, then said, "Yeah. I'm fine. Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot." H6 repeated one of Kris' responses from an earlier conversation shortly after they first met.

"I don't know exactly how to say this," Kris started, "So I'm just going to say it. I'm trying to find Lucas, he's gone missing and I can't do it on my own. I want your help. No one thinks I can do this on my own, especially my sister, and she's right I can't. That's why I'm asking you for help."

H6 considered this, then said honestly, "I will discuss this with my Master, he has the final say."

"Thanks." Kris finished and turned towards the consoles, possibly thinking he wouldn't get the help he needed to find his brother. SAMM pitched in on how to fly a ship while H6 moved to the Cargo Hold.

H6 entered the expansive hold, many of the crew compliment were here ready to land, Master held a corner by himself and waited for his droid. Master waved him over and H6 hurried to his Master's side. H6 turned around, from this corner Master could see the entire cargo hold, ready to react to anything he saw or hide to strike from the shadows behind crates and containers long past their delivery dates.
"I'm going to be fair with you, Six, and I won't go through bullshit to lighten it up or to over extend my side of things."
H6 wondered if his services had come to an end, that Master had no use of him anymore. What if he was being discarded and scrapped? H6 gave Master the benefit of the doubt and listened.
"You've proven yourself a capable droid, a protector to Clare, this crew and myself. But things between Clare and I are going to change soon, I won't have any use of you anymore." Master put a hand on H6's shoulder and shook it firmly.

This is it. This is what all droids dread. The 'I'm going to scrap you' speech! Oh no no no no no no.

"I can't call on you anymore except to call you a friend," H6 was puzzled at this, and wished he could erase his previous thoughts, "I'm freeing you, you're no longer my droid. You are your own Master. You don't have to stay with us--"

H6 raised another hand, "Mast--Badim, I accept the offer." H6 stood still, thinking of what goals he had, or wanted, or needed. He was a free droid. A mercenary for hire if he wanted, he certain had the skill or--
...Or he could help Kris.
"Badim, tell the Mistr--Clare I will always be a companion of your's, you cannot get rid of me that easily," H6 teased, something he rarely did to his former-Master. Badim smiled at this, nodded and proceeded to grab what he had brought on board.

He looked back at the droid, "Take care of yourself, Six. May The Force Be With You."

H6 acknowledged this and went back to the cockpit, Kris was piloting the Blight Leaper cautiously, but doing fine as an amateur pilot.
"Kris," H6 said. Thinking of Dex, Firi and helping the boy accomplish his goals, he continued, "I will accompany you in the search for your brother."
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 24th 2012 10:00pm    Post subject:

Tseneca had come out of the 'fresher after being sick. The amount of vertigo she'd gotten from that vision had made things worse. Now the Leaper was making evasive maneuvers that made her think she was never going to achieve any sort of equillibrium, any time.

She joined Kris in the cockpit, watching fire hail from her turrets. "What the hell..." She was cut off by the firelight of an explosion as Badim hit one of the ships.

Tseneca felt her blood thicken. There was absolutely no telling what kind of fight they were getting themselves into. Just because the Mon Cal surfacers declared the ships enemies, they had to shoot them down. This wasn't their fight.

Jonathan came up behind her. "Whats the story?"

"I don't..." She felt one of the ships still as if in suspended animation, and once more was cut off by a blinking on the console.

"All yours cap." Kris pinched the frequency.

"This is Docking Bay 611, requesting immediate response from transport frigate Blight Leaper, come in Leaper." The deep gutteral voice of a Calamari officate came over the channel and Tseneca exchanged a look with Jonathan. For what they had just done for them, that voice was remarkably unforgiving.

"Loud and clear 611, this is Tseneca Lowry-Fink of the Noble house of Thyferra and acting envoy for Kuat Drive Yards and Shipments. Defense Secratary Langdon and I are here on a diplomatic mission, request permission to land"

There was radio silence. Jonathan looked at her, concern written on his face. Then. "I see. Permission granted, Envoy Lowry-Fink. You will be welcomed at Docking bay 317. Over and out."

The channel shut down and more looks were exchanged.

"Short..." Said Langdon uncertainly.

"... and clipped." She muttered. "I have a bad feeling about this..."
 Back to top »
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, July 26th 2012 05:42pm    Post subject:

Kris was pleased to hear that H6 would accompany him on his quest, but even more when they landed the ship safely. While he had been in an engagement once in his life, he couldn't help but remember the moment his shuttle encountered an unfriendly Star Destroyer. Being greeted by Commander Krauss was the worst experience of his life. When the two enemy ships emerged, it was like that all over again. It was obvious he needed to find some kind of inner comfort. Bella emerged her eyes looking at him carefully.

Soon, Tseneca would hand over the plans, the ones Bella carefully constructed to make it seem like they were altered to do more harm than good. Tseneca would be arrested, that was clear and obvious, at least, to him and his sister. Getting to know the crew of this vessel helped him understand that they were not the traitors and it was likely that someone else was setting them up.

"Bella, I think we should talk about this." Kris said, looking at his new friend, H6. "I don't think-"

"Kris, what is done is done. We can deal with the rest of this later." Bella said, "Please just do as you're told for once."

Kris kept quiet. Whenever one of his older siblings gave him an order, it was like this. He wanted to blurt it out, stop Tseneca from making the transaction, but it was too late. Just now, he was watching her shake hands with the diplomats, Jonathon at her side, with the data padd in the other hand.

He looked away, realizing the Mistress, as H6 called her, was coming around the corner... and damn, she was fine.
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, July 26th 2012 06:33pm    Post subject:

Continues here: http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14650#14650
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Transport Frigate, Blight Leaper (Currently at Bakura)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: