Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Koda Space Station
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Koda Space Station
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 03:19am    Post subject:

At first, having the veil of whatever it was messing with his senses felt like a relief, but for a moment that followed it hit him like a hangover. Morgan was forced to catch himself as he fell over, but was quickly back up on his feet again when the moment passed.

”Thanks.” He said as his senses returned to normal.

”Any of you able to tell me what’s really going on here?” Morgan asked. ”I was trying to get to Nar Shadda when the crew I was with picked up word that this place had suffered some kind of Biological alert. Someone wanted them to investigate, I got talked into helping out, and when we enter we discover the Empire is involved. I’ve still got five other mercenaries here with me, two of which aren’t in great shape.”
Mason Kassity

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 04:41am    Post subject:

Mason Kassity was leaning against the wall, watching as the delusional Kalin Lohden dragged a knife across Han Solo's arm. Every now and then it would catch and a small trickle of blood would spill out of the wound and drip onto the floor. This man they were torturing was a legend in the True Empire. He was known by his actions on Endor so long ago. A day that split the Empire into the Remnant and the True Empire, if you really wanted to look at it. It was the last day the Empire was whole, the most dominant force the galaxy had ever seen.

Every officer in the Empire studied Han Solo's psychological profile, and this, was not how they were going to break the man. Torturing him, threatening his family, no, that wasn't the way to do it. He was thick-skinned, while tedious as Lady Lumiya and her minions were being, it wasn't going to work. He was once a smuggler, but that wasn't who he was any more. They were trying to negotiate a price. That was their gambit. How much would he pay to have his family left out of the future engagement? Would he make a deal to save his family?

Once again, no. He wasn't a sell out. He once abandoned a payout to Jabba the Hutt, only to engage Darth Vader and assist in the destruction of the first Death Star. He was honorable and even more so now that he has had kids and married the love of his life. They might've had something with the kids, he might've cracked had they just had one of them. And just as that thought was about to slip from his mind, his eyes dropped on the security footage.

As Han cried out, the blade now protruding from the Corellian's thigh, Mason broke the silence between him and his comrades. "Lady Lumiya. It seems the suffering of Han Solo," that was the true meaning of all of this. It was never to break the Corellian, after all, what use could he be. It was something personal. "it seems we have another uninvited guest."

The Dark Lady of the Sith, or so she called herself, took a step away from Han. She breathed into her mask and her eyes alone conveyed all the darkness in her heart. "He's arrived." She approached Han, and for the first time, she touched him. Her fingers grabbed his face and she squeezed his jaw. "Our dear friend, Luke, has arrived to save the day." She looked up at a mysterious man in the corner of the room, "Find the mercenaries and eliminate them. All of them." With a twist of her fingers, Han Solo's entire jaw snapped. It was broken, and large amounts of blood began oozing out of his body. He was either dead or unconscious, it was difficult to tell.

Tag: Han
Catching a Corellian First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 06:32pm    Post subject:

"It's actually good to have you here, Morgan." Lucas said honestly, "He's a good blaster hand."

Anakin smiled, "Well, welcome aboard then."

"What we are looking at is a small band of Sith, two to be precise, with a bunch of power-leeching minions. They may not seem like much, but they all have unique abilities, some that may be considered unnatural for their species." Lucas filled Morgan in, "They have... Han Solo." He let that set in for a moment, "And we're going to rescue the old bastard."

"That old bastard is my father, you know." Anakin quipped.

Master Skywalker broke from his trance, "We should move quickly, Lady Lumiya is weakening. Her psychological attacks will be less aggressive, but she is sending her pawns into the field. Get ready." And just on time, much of everything Luke had ever said was always this way, a dark menace appeared at the end of the hallway.

"Morgan and I can take him, you guys get Han." Lucas said, looking at Morgan. Four lightsabers ignited. Two blue, one green and one red.

Lord Var.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, June 26th 2012 06:57pm    Post subject:

”Han Solo? I did walk into somethin-SITH!” Morgan said, his original thought cut off as they discovered Var.

”I don’t have time for this.” Morgan said, raising his blaster and firing a number of stun shots at Var. He knew they’d be of little use against the dark Jedi, having recognized his face from a previous engagement and remembering the man shrugging off the shots. Still, he hoped that they’d at least slow him down a little.

”I still need to get back to the team I was with!” He continued, slowly backing away from Var’s position. None of the remaining lights from their vitals had gone out, which told him that for the moment, at least, they were safe. ”And they’re still going to be sitting ducks as long as they’re still under whatever it is Luke…vaccinated me against.”

”’Vaccinated’?” ZIM asked.
”Not the time, Zim…”
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, June 27th 2012 01:00am    Post subject:

Morgan disappeared around the corner leaving Lucas alone with Lord Var. His eyes were cold and a disturbing yellow-red. "You continue to surprise me, boy, but this is a fight you cannot win." Their lightsabers met, the clash was hard, sending a vibration through both of their bodies. Lucas swung again, but the lord pardoned his pass with an easy dismissal. Anakin and Master Skywalker managed to slip down the other hallway, making that the only comforting thought. Their plan was working, though he wasn't sure how long he could fend off the Sith.

"I don't really have to win, just drag this out long enough that Master Skywalker can slip in and destroy your Master." Lucas breathed.

Var shook his head, "She is quite ready for them. You may be the puppet without his marionette..." His red blade swooped up and over, as his hand released a powerful jolt of lightning. It caught Lucas in the back, but he was able to bring up his lightsaber to absorb the energy. Still his body was frozen, standing only by the will of the Force.

Lord Var cackled deeply, before turning on his feet and walking in the direction Anakin and Luke had traveled. "No." Lucas said defiantly and reached out with the Force. He sent a perfect bubble of lethal energy, only to have the Sith Lord twist and bounce the Force-ball into the nearby wall, causing it to fracture and splinter into many different directions.

It was the distraction he needed. Lucas twisted his body, kicking his feet into the air and over the Sith entirely. It was a dangerous move, but it placed him back in front of the hallway. "We're not finished yet."

Damn it Morgan, where are you?!
 Back to top »
Kalin Lohden
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, June 27th 2012 06:38pm    Post subject:

"He's alive, just really under this time. I don't even think the drugs will wake him." Lohden said, examining the results from the medical droid. Just moments earlier Lumiya had snapped his jaw and left it crooked with blood beginning to pool on the floor. Lumiya ordered the medical droid out, and Kalin took a seat nearby. The True Imperial stalked in the distance, he was busy monitoring the progress of Han's would be saviors, only they had no idea what was really waiting for them.

"They are on this floor." He looked up and pulled out his blaster.

"No." Lumiya said, "They will kill you within seconds. Take Han to the shuttle and meet me inside the Mandalorian mining sector, a colony system the pilot droid is familiar with."

"You want me to run from Skywalker?"

Lumiya turned to Kalin, "Go. Quickly. Do not fail me."

Kalin undid the restraints and hoisted the Corellian over his shoulder. He felt a pool of blood stain onto his clothes, it was warm and began to drip onto his back. Kassity stubbornly refused, but at the last moment, slowly walked after him and the passed out Solo. Together the three of them began the journey to the shuttle, leaving his love behind.

She can take care of herself, Kalin thought. Soon Skywalker, leader of the Jedi Order, would be dead....

Back to top »
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, June 28th 2012 12:27am    Post subject:

Darth Var continued to grow annoyed of the pet Lumiya hoped to domesticate, and wished he could bend Lucas to Var's Will instead of his Master. The padawan stood in front of him, determination filling his being to prevent the Sith Lord from moving on or die trying.
Var, however, could not willingly kill Lucas. But accidents did happen, an accident that would invariably lead to Var's termination if he did not flee from Lumiya to train that young woman Soto in the Dark Side.

"So be it." In a straining combination attack, Var flung his hand forward to cast a bolt of lighting while his lightsaber swung at Lucas a millisecond later. Lucas initially deflected the small bolt, but barely caught the lightsaber before it severed his arm. A cauterized wound and the smell of charred flesh filled the air, and Lucas reeled in pain at a cut that exposed blackened bone.

"Have you not learned?" Var goaded while Lucas backed away from him in a defensive, cowardly move, "I am unstoppable! A padawan against a Sith Lord? I have been toying with you!"

Var approached menacingly at the increasingly worried Jedi, bringing his blood red lightsaber up into a striking position. "And I have had just about enough of you."

Lumiya had just engaged the Jedi, now was his chance. He would defy his Master. He gripped Lucas with the Force as he had done on Bakura, but with much more strength and not holding back. He raised his sword one-handed over his head, Lucas in too much pain to react and his lightsaber on the ground.

He would destroy Lucas.

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, June 28th 2012 02:08am    Post subject:

Morgan proceeded back to where he had come from as fast as he could, stopping suddenly when he came around a corner and doubling back for cover. Near the door where he’d left the mercenaries, three of the battle droids were coming the opposite direction. Peeking back around, he discovered that it was even worse – they were preparing to force open the door that would lead them to the GUNs.

Morgan burst around the corner, catching the battle droids off-guard and giving him an opportunity to snipe the head off the closest one. Leaping forward, he then caught the droid with the grips on his feet and fell to the ground, causing the droid to block the shots from its former teammates. Before they could adjust for the maneuver, Morgan then kicked the droid back at the other two, knocking them both over on their backs.

Leaping back to his feet, Morgan leapt onto the first droid and twisted its head off, threw the head at the second droid to knock off its aim, and finished it off with a boot to the neck.

”Heh. Not so tough now, are ya?” Morgan said as he stood up.

Going to the door, he opened it to discover a blaster pointed at his face. He dodged to the side just in time to avoid getting his head blasted off. He raised his weapon in return, but avoided pulling the trigger when he realized the possibility that the GUNs were mistaking him for an enemy now, too. Dropping his weapon, Morgan raised his hands up in a defensive posture.

”Wait! Woah!” He said.

The weapon was aimed in his direction once again, but this time there was hesitation, followed by the weapon lowering a tad.

“Morgan?” He heard the voice of C’quagn ask.
”Yes.” Morgan replied. ”Friend.”

Picking his rifle back up, Morgan followed C’quagn back into the room. Hui looked like he was up again, though Syndulla was, not surprisingly, still not up for walking.

”Good news and bad news.” Morgan reported. ”Good news is that there’s three Jedi out there, they’re friends, capable of telling who we are now, and one of them is Luke Skywalker.

“We might be saved after all.” Oleann said.
“So what’s the bad news?” C’quagn asked.
”There actually is a Sith out there, and we need to get back and help the Jedi that’s fighting him.”
“Wait, what? You want us to go fight a Sith?” Oleann asked.
”They’re not going to go for this, Morgan.” ZIM said.

”Help.” Morgan said. Help fight a sith. With a Jedi taking point.”

“I hate to agree with seven, but that’s near suicide.” Trax said.
“That’s out of our league and pay grade.” C’quagn said. “Realistically, I am not taking these people back there to get slaughtered.”

”Told ya.”

”Well, too bad for you, then.” Morgan said with a voice full of frustration. ”I already had to abandon him to come back for you guys. If I have to abandon you people again to go help him, so be it. But I’m not going to frakking come back for you people a second time. I do not want to leave you people to die, but as Oleann has been intent on reminding us, we are all probably dead anyway.”

C’quagn tried to protest, but was cut off when Morgan stuck a finger in his face.

”Sorry to interrupt and hijack your group, but I am talking now.” The cyborg said. ”You can either wander around, maybe make it out of here alive; sit here and wait for death to come; or you can follow me and maybe, just maybe, we’ll get to the jedi, help him kill a sith, and have a much better chance of walking out of here alive than we had before. Ok?!”

There was a moment of silence, then Morgan turned and prepared to head out.

“Dead either way, might as well make it exciting.” He heard Hui said.

”That’s the spirit!” ZIM said.

”If you don’t mind, let’s skip stepping over the line and just move out, OK?” Morgan replied.
“Before you go?”

The hunter turned to Syndulla, who was still sitting and holding her arm out.

”Oh, right.” He said, remembering that he had also had the responsibility of helping her get around since she wasn’t able to walk on her own. Loading the Twi’lek on his back, Morgan finally headed back out of the room with an intent to get back to Lucas ASPA.

But while everyone eventually did agree to come with him, the plan to get back and help fight the Sith did not go as planned. As they went on their way, Morgan caught sight of something unusual. There was a droid and a man, again one that Morgan recognized the face of from Bakura, though he’d never gotten the name. But what was far more interesting was that the man was carrying someone who would have been near impossible for anyone to recognize, even as beat up and bloodied as he was – Han Solo.

”New Plan.” Morgan said. ”We’re going to help save Han Solo.”

“Han Solo?” C’quagn asked. “What the frak is going on here?”
”A mess. A daast bloody mess.”
”I’m not entirely sure myself, but I’ll try to explain later. GUN 1, you should stay here with Syndulla and Trax, I’ll take Hui and Oleann to get Solo. Shouldn’t be much trouble, but let’s just play this on the safe side.”
“Why are you giving orders all of the sudden?” C’quagn asked, annoyed that his role had apparently been stolen from him.

”Because I’m the reason you’re not still waiting in that room for another bunch of battle droids to find you.” Morgan replied, and headed towards the kid with GUNs three and seven in tow.

”Yo, you need some help with that?” Morgan said as the three approached. As much as he was prepared to fight if he needed to, he also wanted to leave open the possibility that the kid was friendly. Somehow.

”Odds of that are?”
”Slim to none. But I’m hedging a bet on ‘slim’.”
Mason Kassity

Post Posted: Thu, June 28th 2012 02:36am    Post subject:

Mason was just around the corner when he heard footsteps followed by the man's voice. ”Yo, you need some help with that?” They must've caught Kalin and Han with their blasters raised. Mason stopped the Medic Droid, the thing happened to be responsible for keeping the Corellian alive long enough for all this to happen, but now he might be a useful transporter, considering they were going to need their hands for blasters. He listened to part of a conversation, concealed around the corner and out of sight from the new group.

Mason pulled a stun grenade from his waist and tossed it around the corner. The next moment happened over the course of twenty seconds.

Mason was around the bend, his legs shooting him out and into open view, where he was able to assess the situation. There were three enemies total, one of them looked like a half cyborg, who fared better than his companions in the disorientating blast. Mason managed to get off two shots, the first was a stun bolt that landed across the chest of the woman, before Mason switched over to actual blaster bolts.

The first bolt hit the second man, a rodian, in the leg. In his fall he had hit his head, the force of the tumble, caused part of his skull to scrape against the wall and small bits of blood to spatter against the pavement of the space station. Kassity rolled as his flight came to close, bringing him to the ground and as he came about, he missed several rounds the cyborg had released from his chamber. Kassity released a smoke grenade, only to have it mildly dud, but the smokescreen was enough to confuse the mercenary shots long enough to get the medic droid to carry Han Solo. It pivoted on its wheels and sped off with the Corellian.

Kalin pulled the blaster from his side, and while they both tried to take out the cyborg, his acrobatic maneuvers were one step ahead of their blasts. Kalin let out a roar, stepping out from their cover, and received a blast in the chest. Normally that might've dropped a man, but it seemed like the blast was only a lower setting, likely one of the attackers' canisters was running low. Lucky man.

Kassity pulled Kalin down, out of their sight, while the remaining smoke disappeared into the ventilation system. "Are you trying to get us killed?" Mason hissed, "Pull it together kid, we've got a mission to complete." He pulled the last grenade from his belt, that was used to stick to metallic flooring and prevent the enemy from tossing it back into friendly space. Only, with the cyborg, if he managed to toss it close enough, it might just eliminate his entire crew with one rightful throw.

He took the best aim he could given the amount of blaster shots and threw it towards him....

Five....

Four...

Three...

Two...

One...

BOOM.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, June 28th 2012 05:37am    Post subject:

”You let him get the drop on you! How could you let him do that?!”

Morgan didn’t answer, he didn’t have the concentration to spare. Even discounting two downed allies and the surprise attack, the newcomer was good. He knew what he was doing and with Morgan trying to get Oleann and Hui out of the way, he had the upper hand. Ironically, the smoke grenade did Morgan more harm than good, giving him a better opportunity to drag both the GUNs back to cover.

“Trax, leg!” He said as they got back to the others.
“So much for your command.” C’quagen said, firing a rifle to cover for his team.

Morgan ignored him, preparing to go back after the new guy, but everyone’s attention was caught by a bouncing sound that quickly ceased nearby. It was a grenade, and it had locked on to the floor, not all that unlike Morgan’s own magnetic grips.

”Sith” He thought. He couldn’t dispose of it, and while he was certain he could run from it, he doubted anyone else could. Grabbing Trax and Syndulla, he pulled them to the ground even more than they already were, hoping that they might be able to escape the worst. When he heard the explosion, however, he was surprised at how dull it was and how he hadn’t felt the force of the explosion.

It became clear why before he even picked himself up – C’quagn’s life signature was dead. Looking towards the grenade, what was left of the man was lying on top of where the explosive had landed.

”I’m going after them.” Morgan said, not about to let the Devaronian’s act go to waste.

Against what was probably better judgment, Morgan dropped his rifle and ran after the escaping Imperials at top speed. Its ammo pack was about spent, and he didn’t plan on using it anyway.

Popping his wrist blaster, he fired it in the general direction of his enemies as he came around the corner. Not surprisingly, none of the shots hit, but it did get their attention. The soldier that had gotten the drop on him turned and returned fire, bringing himself in between the kid and Morgan.

Morgan caught him off guard by using his repulsors to create a jump that would have been respectable by Jedi standards, then shot his grapple cannon before the soldier had an opportunity to get off a shot with his corrected aim. The cord wrapped around both arms, leaving him wide open for Morgan to adjust his trajectory to pull his opponent straight at him.

Once the soldier arrived, Morgan swung his fist and hit with a straight cross which then turned into a flying tackle. Misjudging the maneuver, though, caused Morgan to land on the bottom of it, and send them both sprawling across the floor on the other side of the kid.

Picking himself up, Morgan saw the soldier bring out a vibroblade which he used to cut the cable, then gave Morgan a solid kick to the chin before the bounty hunter could pick himself all the way up. He did manage to stagger his feet under him and stand up anyway, though had to hold his arm up to block the vibroblade from stabbing him in the chest. The blade went straight through his mechanical arm, though Morgan was fortunate enough that it didn’t do critical damage to any important systems when it did.

Bringing up his knee, Morgan caught the man in the gut, doubling him over and allowing him to bring his elbow down on his back. He quickly discovered that he had underestimated how tough his opponent really was when rather than sending the soldier to the ground, it instead left Morgan open to be grabbed around the midsection.

Lifting Morgan up and over him, the soldier brought Morgan down in a suplex slam. The move didn’t hurt nearly as bad as it could have thanks to a last minute cushioning by Morgan’s repulsors. Those same repulsors were used again when Morgan grabbed onto the soldier and flipped himself right side up. Catching the soldier by surprise, Morgan heaved his opponent above him and started to fly upwards with intent to slam against the ceiling, but was cut short when a blaster bolt hit him across the back.

It was an indirect shot that failed to penetrate his armor, but it still threw off his plan and sent both attacker and attackee to the ground again. Looking up, he saw the kid holding a smoking blaster. He fired twice more at Morgan, both shots going wide due to a shaky firing arm. Further shots were interrupted by blaster shots coming from behind him down the hallway.

With an angry scream, Oleann charged towards their position, shooting her weapon as she went. One of them proceeded to hit the kids hand, blasting it into a mess and forcing him to drop his weapon. He wisely hid behind the droid, but Morgan saw the soldier picking up his rifle and returning fire.

Morgan delivered a kick that knocked the weapon out of his hand, then followed up by knocking one of his legs out from under him. Picking himself up, Morgan pulled the vibroblad back out of his arm. The soldier picked himself up in the reverse direction and began a retreat. When Morgan tried throwing the blade at him, he did a rolling dive that went underneath the weapons flight path, easily avoiding it while also giving him plenty of opportunity to continue his escape. Clearly, he knew the fight was over, especially now that the medical droid was getting pumped with blaster shots.

Turning his attention to the kid, Morgan was just in time to see Oleann arrive on scene. Grabbing the kid by the back of the hair, she slammed his into the droid.

“Agh!” The kid yelled at the additional pain he was being dealt. It was nothing to what he felt next, when Oleann dropped her gun and delivered a pair of punches to his chest and stomach. Morgan was certain he could hear a crack of ribs and see blood starting to drip out of his mouth at the force of the blows.

The final blows came first from an imprecisely-dealt jab to the windpipe, one that no doubt collapsed it on some level. Finally, she delivered a solid, straight-on fist to his face. In addition to another solid set of crunches and cracks during the actual impact, once he had landed, he discovered that she had effectively caved the kids face in.

The shape of what his skull should have looked like was distorted, with his upper jaw broken, his nose practically gone, and the sockets around his eyes swollen and bloody in a way that cut off any possible eyesight that he might have had left. Even the lower portion of his forehead looked like it was bent at an unnatural angle.

Frankly, it was arguably a miracle he was still alive at all, but shallow breathing from his chest made it clear he wasn’t quite dead yet, just in a massive levels of pain that he was completely incapable of expressing.

”You really do hit like a wookie.” Morgan said, recalling the seemingly exaggerated description one of the GUNs had given him earlier.

Morgan picked up the not-quite as brutalized form of Han Solo, and motioned for Oleann to follow. However, he could tell that she seemed equally as damaged, just psychologically rather than physically. It was fortunate that the soldier was long gone with no trace to be seen, because GUN seven would have been an easy target otherwise. She simply stood there, with quick shallow breaths and the kids blood suck to her still clenched fist.

”I don’t think we can carry her too.” ZIM accurately noted.

”What happened?” Morgan asked.
“Syndulla…GUN five…she snapped me…snapped me out of it.” Oleann answered somewhat cryptically.

”Well, whatever she snapped you out of, you’re going to have to do it yourself this time. We can’t stay here.”

“Right.” She answered, pulling herself together.

”Here, take Solo.” Morgan said, handing off the wounded man. ”I’m going to have to get Syndulla.”

Which is when he realized that if Hui wasn’t able to walk on his own, like he suspected his leg would prevent, they currently had three wounded individuals to three capable people. Bad as things were, they’d get even worse if anyone else got wounded.

”This just isn’t our day, is it?”

Done via permission of Alex, though I can edit if there's anything he's not cool with here.
Anakin Solo
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, June 28th 2012 02:31pm    Post subject:

The room was dark and the air felt damp. Anakin walked next to his uncle, the pair entered the room cautiously, but held a certain swag of Jedi confidence. Anakin's father was chained in the corner of the room, his body bloodied and his jaw contorted loose. Anakin took a step forward towards him, but his uncle's hand stopped him from going any further. "It's an illusion." Uncle Luke said, "Be careful here, she is much stronger in this room, than projecting far away."

Anakin nodded, still looking at the haunting image of his father. The illusion-Han Solo stirred, his eyes coming around, and when they met the old Corellian cracked. "Son, get out of here!" His voice, the way he carried it, it sounded believable. "Well if you insist, maybe you ought to get me out of these chains! They'll be back soon." Anakin shook his head and waited, his eyes scanning the rest of the room.

"He's an illusion, Anakin." His uncle reiterated, "Ignore it."

Anakin looked away, as his father tried to stand, only his leg snapped under the pressure, sending a howl throughout the hallway. Bone and blood protruded from the open wound. "Have you thought she is maybe only targeting Luke? That I'm really here?!" The thought hadn't crossed his mind. Anakin broke away from his uncle and approached his father. He was cold to the touch, but felt human nonetheless.

"Uncle-" A giant flash of light cracked from out of the corner of the room, along with a mechanical cackle. Anakin looked back to his father, only to find an empty wall. She tricked me.

"Hello Grand Master Skywalker." The woman moved between them, "I've been waiting a long time for this. Do you remember the day you shot me down?"

"Like it was yesterday." His Uncle admitted, "The Force did not lie to me, Shira."

The woman turned to look at Anakin, but only briefly, before she returned to Luke. "That name has no meaning any more." The weapon that had snapped in the room just minutes before was unlike anything Anakin had seen before. It was like a lightsaber, only in a whip-like form. It was resting on the ground, burning into the metallic tiles as it lay dormant. "Skywalker, the infamous Skywalker, after all these years. I am surprised you recognize me, after what you did, I'm scarred. Deformed. But perhaps I should thank you, for I have become more powerful than I could have ever dreamed. Your father would be quite proud of what I've accomplished in recent years."

Anakin felt a ping off his uncle. It wasn't a sensitive subject, but it was something emotional, yet difficult for Anakin to really understand. His Uncle countered, "My father may have been Darth Vader, but he did not die a Sith. He died as Anakin Skywalker."

This seemed to have some kind of effect on her, "Lies!" She pulled the whip up and snapped it into the air, the hiss and snap sent goosebumps over his skin. He wanted to act, to defend his Uncle, but the Force told him to wait. "Your father was Darth Vader, Lord of the Sith, and I will remember him that way, despite what you tell your students on Yavin IV, he was a dangerous man, an evil man. He was the dominant force in this galaxy, no one should have been able to stop him."

"But one did." Anakin said, "And it was the good, it was inside of him the entire time. My grandfather spoke to my mother, he begged her for forgiveness. He became someone else, like you can, right here, right now. Abandon this path..."

Luke opened his mouth, but shut it. "Well said, Anakin."

"I will set out and finish what your father had begun, and see that the galaxy is once again ruled by a Sith."

"So be it." Luke said, disrobing from his Jedi attire. He took the lightsaber from his belt. "May the Force find you Shira, but today, I will do what I must to save the galaxy from another Sith." Everything in his body now rushed, the Force was telling him to arm himself, and just as he ignited his blade, Lumiya released her lightwhip. It snapped and cracked as she wielded it, specifically trying to hit Luke across the face. She cackled as her whip made contact with the tip of his arm, but he was fast enough to avoid losing an appendage.

Anakin flipped into the air, catching the lightwhip with his lightsaber and twirled so it coiled around his blue energy saber, leaving Lumiya vulnerable for attack. His Uncle took the opening and slashed downwards towards her neckline, but was forced to move his lightsaber inwards to defend his chest. Lumiya's palms were glowing as energy bolts shot out from the mechanical additions to her suit. She laughed and spun the whip, which tossed Anakin's lightsaber across the room.

Without a weapon, Anakin held out his fists, hoping to make contact, but she was too far away. Instead, he reached out with the Force and sent an energy ball towards her.

Lumiya absorbed the blast, though some kind of Sith technique spun the energy into a Force lightning type of grenade, which exploded next to Anakin's ear. He doubled backwards, feeling the warm liquid blood oozing down his neck....

He was now half deaf and his lightsaber was on the other side of the room and judging by his Uncle's position, he wasn't going to win....

Dark Lady of the Sith First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lumiya
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, June 28th 2012 02:54pm    Post subject:

She had Skywalker right where she wanted him. He was vulnerable, and judging by the look in his eyes, he knew it as well. She brought her whip around, almost in a theatrical manner, just to give the young Solo in the corner a show. She coiled it backwards, then suddenly, a blue energy appeared. A young man with long hair and robes of a Jedi held up his hands. He was saying something, "Shira, Shira!" He was familiar, but when she looked to Luke, then back to the vision, the man was gone.

The distraction was enough to give Luke a ride on the changing tide, his position shifted, his muscles, though old, flexed as he parred her whip. She hissed beneath her mechanical mask, using the palms of her hands to send bolt after bolt towards him, but he deflected them with ease. Realizing that her moment of triumph had passed for this day, she recognized that she could not win. The young Solo had retrieved his lightsaber and was now running the short distance to re-enter the fight.

Using the boy, she shifted her weight and used the whip to disable him a second time, then used the Force to pull him closer. She put the palm of her hand next to his face. "Luke, lower your weapon. Or I blast young Anakin all over the deck." In a slightly related manner, she sensed her apprentice was having trouble with the young Davad. If her visions were correct, the day would be won in a different arena.

Anakin struggled, she could sense the anger rising in him from being in such a vulnerable position. Luke powered off his lightsaber and she took a few steps back before firing, the stun blast hitting Anakin and she dropped him to the floor, while pressing the door pad. The shot shut, leaving her and Luke between a thick metal slab, staring into each other's eyes through glass window. She put her hand to her lips, then lowered them as though she were blowing him a kiss. She accessed the communication microphone to the room Luke and Anakin were in and said, "Until next time."

She hit the decompression sequence, giving Luke only seconds to get his nephew out of the door kitty corner to her. She watched him struggle, but they made it just in time before the room was flushed into space. He was on the opposite side of the Koda Space Station, it would take him an hour or so to slice through the computer and get the room's atmosphere restored, and two to get around to where she was now.

Today, their engagement was over. She turned on her heels and headed for the shuttle.

Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, June 28th 2012 04:18pm    Post subject:

Lord Var moved with skill, precision, and with force that Lucas wasn't sure he could match. His arm was chard, the lightsaber wound had left his bone burnt and the cauterized wound began to smell. It infuriated him. Lucas parried the first blow with ease, his rage had sparked, and now it guided his lightsaber into a flurry of attacks. Var doubled his efforts, the strain in his face was enough to know that he was having trouble staying ahead of the onslaught. The image of dueling Master Durron and Master Solo came to mind. "Ahhhh!" He cried out, slashing at the Sith, which caught part of his arm and eventually connected with his hand.

"Arrrgghh!!!" Lord Var cried out, "You inferior Core rat."

He slammed his lightsaber down, full force, causing Lucas to fall back and onto his knees. He defended his head from a swipe, the furious nature of Var's swing and Lucas' own deflection had sent both of their lightsabers rolling across the room. Var's hand collapsed around the boy's throat, but it was enough to provoke some kind of energy build up in Lucas' body.

Pure rage, pure honest to the gods rage.

Lightning poured from his fingertips filling up inside of Var. One of the old man's eyes popped, the goo exploding, blood and eye goo seeped out of the wound and over his face. He fell backwards, his wounds seemed to overtake him as Lucas reached out with the Force and called both the lightsabers to his hands. His weakened hand, the one with his blue saber, faltered when he raised to attack the Sith, in fact, it nearly fell completely useless, but his left hand, the one wielding the Sith's red crystal lightsaber, stabbed through the Sith's mid-section.

"I am a Sith Lord," Var repeated, "You will die now." He pulled the lightsaber from his chest as his good eye blinked away the blood and eye splatter from his pupil. Lucas traded his blue saber back to his good arm, spinning it so it connected against Var's thrust, before sending another lightning attack. Var yelled out, his hand extended as though he was going to use his own lightning, but Lucas was too strong now.

He wasn't sure how long he was using the Force lightning, well after any typical human could have survived, before releasing. He retrieved the Sith's lightsaber from his body, and fell backwards into the wall. He laughed, igniting the red saber, then pocketed it deep into robes. Pulling himself back up, he left the Sith there and entered an engine room. Using several of the power regulators, he created a self-destruct function that would destroy the entire space station in ten minutes. He accessed the station wide comm mic and spoke into it. "Ten Minutes."

It would be enough time for his team to get out of there. He took another look at the still Sith Lord. He pulled up his sleeve and just barely noticable, after all the bacta treatments, a small outline of the self-engraved SITH was still visible.

He bowed his head and continued towards the shuttle they had used from Coruscant. The evil he thought he had defeated may have just won. He liked the power, the feeling the lightning had as it left his body. He could feel the life draining away from Var, it was addictive. He was walking the hallway when he found a member of Morgan's team, at least someone he had thought was a member of Morgan's team. Only he realized it was a man known as Kalin Lohden. They had met briefly before, before the boy betrayed Han.

Just by the sheer will of the Force, the boy was still alive. He breathed through a broken body, his eyes working as they looked upwards. Lucas bent low to the ground. He was alone, aside from Lohden, Morgan and his team were making their way back to the shuttle and Luke and Anakin were just reaching their own. He was totally alone with the man, the man that had caused all of this.

"Not entirely alone," A small voice said, her mechanical breathing cutting through the silence that had been occupied by the stressed breathing of Lohden's body. "We are with you." She said, bending low to her fallen comrades position.

"Shira?" He said, "Please forgive me. Han... Han..."

"I know." She said calmly.

"Do you forgive me?"

"Yes, of course." She said, breathing calmly as she reached downwards, putting her palm on his chest. His eyes grew big as he realized the placement of her hands, and for a moment, Lucas thought he was going to say something, but that is when Lumiya's palms burned brightly and Kalin's heart was vaporized. Instantly the strained breathing disappeared.

"You did that, to one of your own?" Lucas asked.

"He was suffering." Lumiya explained. Then she tried to be sound more honest, "His failures were no longer redeemable." She seemed excited about something else, "You have killed Lord Var."

"I have."

Her eyes narrowed on him and they stared at each other for a long time. "You are not ready yet, but one day soon, you will be."

"Ready for what?"

"To call me Master." She said, stepping over Kalin's body and towards her shuttle's port. Lucas watched her go, feeling Var's lightsaber hidden in his robes as he got up. He walked over to the shuttle where Master Skywalker and a propped up Anakin were waiting for him. Skywalker stared for a moment, it was all he really needed to do.

"Are you part of this team?" He asked, "Did you come here for Anakin or for your own curiosity?"

"Both." Lucas answered honestly.

"If you are willing to work on the growing dark side in you, you may board this ship, otherwise, I must ask you to leave." Skywalker's voice was stern. It was a fair call.

"I guess I'll see you around then?"

"You will, Lucas."

Lucas looked at Anakin who stirred only slightly, but he was too badly out to come around in time for a goodbye. "Tell him, thanks for everything. He was great. Couldn't have done a better job."

"I will." Luke answered, "Lucas, May the Force guide you, may it be with you in your decisions ahead. Uncertain your future is, but don't let your emotions decide everything."

Lucas smiled and said, "Goodbye, Master Skywalker." He took several steps backwards, and the shuttle closed. It detached from the hull and shot outwards. Lucas watched as it jumped to hyperspace. He checked his chrono, he had only two minutes to find any remaining ships.
 Back to top »
Mason Kassity

Post Posted: Thu, June 28th 2012 04:41pm    Post subject:

Mason was booting up the shuttle's controls and fixing the hyperdrive when Lumiya boarded. She used the Force to hold him in place, he tried to breathe, but the invisible energy had prevented anything from entering his lungs. She was strangling him. "If you betray me, I will kill you. If you believe Lohden's condition was fatal, you would be surprised at what kind of state I could put you in, one that doesn't end from death."

Mason croaked out, "I won't."

She released him and he took several deep breaths. "Good. Now we wait here."

"You heard the kid, ten minutes. This station is likely to explode and those bounty hunt-"

"The mercenaries got their prize. The Solo family will reward each of them handsomely. They won't test their luck against me." Lumiya said, her voice and placement of her palm suggested that he should comply, otherwise he would be dead within the minute. Mason sat back in his seat and reach over to close the hatch, when someone emerged on the other end. It was the Kuati kid.

"Frak!" Mason pulled out his blaster, but Lumiya disarmed him.

"Welcome aboard." She said, "You may leave now, Lt. Kassity."

Mason looked over then back at the kid, "What about Lord Var?"

"He's dead." Lucas said, "Set your hyperspace coordinates for Kuat, we can regroup there and figure this all out."

Lumiya leaned back in her chair, her eyes beaming. Mason grinned, it looked like this kid was going to pay off after all. A sensor sweep of the Kuat System would get him promoted to Captain, he'd be given his own Star Destroyer. "I'm sorry Lt. Kassity, but this is where we part ways." Lumiya said, "Now that Lucas is here, I have no use for you."

Mason's stomach churned, he reached for his blaster, but then remembered she had pulled it out of his hand the moment Lucas had entered. "You can't do this, what about our alliance?"

"Oh my alliance to the True Empire is valid, and I plan to stick to it, but you were never in any of the fine print. Commander Krauss did not seem to mind what happened to you. In fact, she seemed to overly excited to get rid of you entirely. But I am much more of a fate-enthusiastic. If you can board another ship and escape, the Force is with you, but if you die on this space station, it would appear as though your role on this galactic stage is over." Lumiya said, "And the more time you spend listening to me, the less you have to get to a new ship."

Mason jumped from his seat, giving the pair one last look, before running onto the station. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Lumiya's shuttle go into hyperspace. "You bitch, you crazy bitch!" Suddenly walls appeared all around him, every direction was blocked. He tried to run one way and he was stopped. Another, the same thing.

She was casting an illusion over him.

"No, no...NOOOO-"

Fire overtook him.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, June 28th 2012 11:22pm    Post subject:

”Lucas?” Morgan shouted as they neared the position where the cyborg had left the Jedi. ”Please tell me you’re not dead.”

As they rounded the corner, however, Morgan was surprised to discover there wasn’t direct sign of either Lucas or the Sith, just a severed hand from one of the combatants and a mess that had come from Force-knows-where.

”Looks like we missed out on something big.”

“If it means avoiding that Sith, then good.” Oleann said.
”Fine, whatever.” Morgan said. ”We need to find Lucas and see if he’s still alive.”

Ten Minutes” came the sound of Lucas’ voice. With it, the lights dimmed and changed to danger colors.

“’da SITH?!” Syndualla asked.

“Or not.” Morgan said.

“Did he just set the station to explode?” Oleann asked.
“What do you think?” Syndulla spat back at her.

“We’re going to die, aren’t we?” Trax said, Oleann fatalistic tone finally having caught him as well.

”No.” Morgan said.
”Ok, how do we survive?” ZIM asked.
”Ok, Maybe.” Morgan said. ”But it’s a yes if we don’t try to find an escape.”

He needed a dataport. Something he could plug ZIM into and find out just where they were supposed to go. Not sure where to go, Morgan continued forwards, in the direction the Guns had been planning to go anyway before everything had fallen apart.

”Wait, check here.” ZIM said as they passed by a room.

Entering, they found a technical station, complete with a dataport the likes of which Morgan had been searching.

”Make this quick.” Morgan said as he jabbed his link in.

Morgan used his helmet to help count down the time they had left, but it seemed only to agitate him as he watched the seconds count down waiting for ZIM to provide an answer.

”Ok, I’ve got something.” ZIM finally said as the timer wound down to eight and a half minutes.

”Shoot! Go!”
”The only transport I can guarantee being available is the station administrators secret, private shuttle.”
”Secret? How did you…”

Morgan stopped himself, knowing there wasn’t time for such questions.

”Where is it?” Morgan asked.
”Top of the station.”
”What?! Do we even have time for that?”
”Barely enough, if you go now. I’ve already started setting up a clear path for you. Barring any lengthy battles you couldn’t afford anyway, you should have time to make it before this place goes boom.”

”We gotta move.” Morgan said, pulling his data link out.

“Where are we going?” Trax asked.
”I’ll explain on the way, but we gotta go!”
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, June 30th 2012 04:25am    Post subject:

Morgan tried not to look at the chronometer in his helmet at the three still-walking soldiers carried the wounded as fast as they could towards their escape route. Loading onto a repulsorlift, ZIM was able to hack in and speed up the lift’s speed to beyond its usually safe operating limits, zooming them to the appropriate level in near record time.

Upon their arrival, however, the sudden stop of the lift nearly threw them all from their feet, and they climbed out only just in enough time to escape the lift taking a free-fall back to the lower levels.

”Three Minutes.” Morgan thought, unable to resist looking at the chronometer. ”Let’s pick it up!”

While they encountered a couple more of the Imperial battle droids on their way, they were fortunate enough to only pass them by from a distance, allowing them to safely continue onwards with only a few shots shared between them, mostly in the form of covering fire.

The team finally ran straight through a section of hallways and rooms that looked like they had never been cleaned up, either from whatever activities had been going on before the stations hostile takeover or whatever had taken place in the time since then. It eventually ended in a room that looked like it had used to be the administrators personal quarters.

”Where is it!?” Morgan asked, noticing a distinct lack of an obvious exit. The only other visible doorways he could see led to a bathroom, a closet, and a room he wasn’t keen on guessing the function of.

He flipped through his visual spectrums, which yielded nothing obvious, especially considering the number of various markings across the room he wasn’t sure how to translate, if there was anything there to translate at all.

”One minute…” Morgan thought, and was finding it harder to push down the urge to panic.
”There!” ZIM replied. ”There, right there!”

ZIM pointed to a section of the wall that, upon closer inspection, reveled what could have passed as a keypad. It was incredibly well hidden, visible only through ultraviolet and even then he had to concentrate on how the passcode ZIM provided him with properly translated into its irregularly shaped key layout.

To the relief of everyone, the wide door slid open without a fuss once the passcode was accepted. There, right in front of them, was the entrance to the administrators formerly secret transport.

”Everyone aboard, we are leaving! Morgan shouted as he rushed aboard the ship.

Almost literally dropping of Syndulla on his way to the cockpit, Morgan took his place in the pilots seat and plugged ZIM into the ships computer systems.

”Get this thing moving, now!” Morgan shouted. They had seconds left before the station began to go up. ”Skip pre-launch, don’t bother with anything that doesn’t involve getting us away from this place before it goes up!”

ZIM complied to the letter, only bothering to close the hatch before jump-starting the main power systems and firing up the engines with a speed that surprised even Morgan. Not even the inertial dampeners were bothered with before the ship blasted away from the station. As he fell on his back and had his datajack forceably ripped from its connection, the hunter could hear the screams of his fellow passengers when they were thrown around by the sudden movement as well.

Pulling himself to his feet, Morgan brought the ship to a halt and found the inertial dampeners. Activating them, he rotated the ship to give him a view of Koda station just in time to watch it explode.

As the station tore itself apart, with the assorted fireball and disconnected hull piece flying here and there, it occurred to him to go through the systems list and turn on anything that hadn’t been bothered with in the first place. The first of these was shields, which he turned on just as the station’s shockwave hit the ship. The ship was flipped around momentarily before Morgan brought it under control, but most of the damage the transport would have sustained was otherwise prevented. Certain that they were finally in the clear, Morgan took off his helmet and allowed himself some time to breath a sigh of relief.
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, June 30th 2012 03:05pm    Post subject:

Once things had calmed down and Morgan had a chance to catch his breath, he ran through the ships systems to see what was and wasn’t functional. For the most part the ship looked fine, though the shields were near depleted and the engines burnt out. Nothing that couldn’t be handled, though unless someone picked them up they’d probably be waiting a while the propulsion cooled down.

Knowing that they wouldn’t be stranded indefinitely, the cyborg declined to issue any kind of distress call or efforts at communication. That was as likely to attract any left over Imperial attention as actual help. Not a wise move given the VIP they were carrying.

Instead, Morgan focused on looking for signs of the Consular ship the GUNs had first arrived on. Much to his disappointment, he found the ships wreckage hidden amongst Koda’s remains, though whether it had been destroyed by the stations explosion or earlier was something he was unable to determine. While he didn’t have hopes of such, he kept the sensors scanning for life signatures in case anyone was still alive aboard the ship.

“How are we…ow…doing?”

Turning his chair, he saw Syndulla limping into the room, a brace now fitted to her leg. She’d also shed some of her armor, her helmet now gone and her upper outfit reduced to a surprisingly snug tank top. Well, surprisingly snug had she not been a Twi’lek, at least.

“Your face…” She said as she saw his uncovered head, her voice barely audible but still there.

”Should you be sitting down or something?” Morgan said, looking to change the topic.
”You seem to have taken that personally.” ZIM said, taking notice of Morgans reaction.
”’Personally’ isn’t quite the right description.”

“I’m fine.” She said, though a wince she gave as she took another step forward made her statement less than credible. “Hui’s wound is a lot worse, though he should be fine in the long run, too.”

”Trax find a medkit, then?”
“Yes. He stabilized Solo first. He’s presently giving him a second look for safety’s sake. He’ll probably live, but Trax has no idea if he’ll regain consciousness until after he’s logged a lot of hours in a bacta tank.”

”That’s good news I suppose. Bad news is that the Long Time Gone is…gone.”

The Twi’lek didn’t say anything as she sat in the copilots seat, but the look on her face told him she was not taking well to the news.

“So what now?” She finally asked.

”All systems look good, though the engines burnt out. Hyperdrive is useable, but I’d rather not till the engines have had a chance to cool off so I can reboot them.” Morgan explained. ”I’ll probably want to inspect them personally to make sure there’s no damage, but think for now all we can do is wait.”

(Click Here to Continue.)
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, July 09th 2012 07:48pm    Post subject:

An aching pain shot through Var's chest, a place where part of his left lung once was, cauterized and useless now. Tarison winced. His body failed him. His hand at fault for not moving out of the way of Lucas' lightsaber. His right-eye betrayed him by not withstanding the weak lightning strike from young Davad, unlike his left-eye.
The pain was welcomed. Offending parts of his body which he once thought were perfection, now purged for their failures.

Tarison moved towards the hangars, where his personal shuttle awaited him. Something ruptures under his robes, something sticky and clotted erupts and seeps. He moves on.
He welcomes the pain, with it he gains hate for Davad. Hate gives him strength, strength gives him power. Through power, he will gain victory.

A black, boxy shuttle awaited him in the otherwise empty hangar. He contemplated his title as Darth Var, a name given to him by his former Master, Lumiya.
Minutes remained, and through a wave of his hand the ramp of his shuttle lowered. He pressed his senses into the cockpit, used the Force to begin the start up sequence. Var waved his member-less forearm at the control panel and the ramp ascended.
The engines fired up and he sat in the pilot's chair and left Koda Station, and cleared the blast zone moments before detonation.

His mind came back to his title. He would remove it himself, and as he entered the hyperdrive coordinates for Ziost, he found a name.

The sparkling stars of the night stretched into a blue vortex, and he repeated the new name inside his head.

Darth Naglfar.

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Koda Space Station
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: