Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Tell Me How You Really Feel
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Tell Me How You Really Feel
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, September 21st 2010 04:38pm    Post subject: Tell Me How You Really Feel

I thought I'd try a new game I thought of. Basically, you take a snippet of post, like this:

I knew Subdern meant well with his tweaking and toying with things, but ultimately, I also knew how the government worked. How the Army worked. Troopers carried the old E-11 rifles into 15 Galactic, AT-ATs still made the backbone of heavy armor units, and AT-STs were still the main skirmishing units. The Empire wasn't exactly big on changing things. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but I had noticed he'd been devoting more and more effort to his idea. I'd even heard that he managed to make a demonstration. I just hoped that if the most likely outcome came to pass, it didn't hit him too hard.

-Kendra Jendob

Then, you explain, in your own words, what the player was thinking when they wrote that, like this:

"I just don't want to admit that Jase had a nice weapon idea..."

-Moff

It's irreverent; it's probably always wrong; and it might just be fun to do. So, you know, enjoy! Or don't.

:evil:

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, September 21st 2010 05:16pm    Post subject:

Any post? :p

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, September 21st 2010 05:24pm    Post subject:

I should clarify... any IC post.... :P

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Tue, September 21st 2010 05:24pm    Post subject:

I knew Subdern meant well with his tweaking and toying with things, but ultimately, I also knew how the government worked. How the Army worked. Troopers carried the old E-11 rifles into 15 Galactic, AT-ATs still made the backbone of heavy armor units, and AT-STs were still the main skirmishing units. The Empire wasn't exactly big on changing things. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but I had noticed he'd been devoting more and more effort to his idea. I'd even heard that he managed to make a demonstration. I just hoped that if the most likely outcome came to pass, it didn't hit him too hard.

-Kendra Jendob

"I wish he would leave me alone with his stupid weapons for five %$%%#^$$%@@ minutes!"

-Moff

:p

(I realize I could have picked another post, but hey. :p)
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, September 25th 2010 12:45am    Post subject:

Neo Sarkk wrote:
He’d seen the spark in her eyes during their conversation on that day a few weeks ago, that earnest need to prove herself. She’ll get her chance. One way or another, she’ll get her baptism of fire. Neo knew that she was hardly a rookie; hell, she was as good as he’d been back in his day as a ‘white job’ trooper.

"If I say nice things about Kendra without being patronizing, maybe I won't have to end up as Riene's boyfriend... or worse, singing partner."
-Cheapy

Expand
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, September 30th 2010 04:07pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Badim Soilding

He finally made it to the Docking Ports, devoid of life as it seemed. Covered in shadow with construction and remodeling equipment laced everywhere as The Union workers took their natural lunch breaks. He saw a landing pad with a shuttle ahead, Badim walking slower this time against the wall in an attempt to conceal himself. As he got closer, figures meshed and formed in front of it. He got closer, the lead man yelling out, “I see you, Soilding!” he said, kicking his feet hard as a datapad slid across the floor to him. Badim was exposed and left the datapad where it stopped as he left the shadows. Boldly and cautiously approaching the man.
“That’s far enough,” the man, in a crisp clean cut suit replied. Armed guards taking his side, aiming loosely to detour him from coming any further.

“What do you want?” Badim asked aloud, his fists curling as he waited.

“Recognize her?” the man said, waving two guards into the shuttle, then bringing out a bound Clare in front of him. Clare… No, not--

“You Frakking--!”

“No talking! Just watching,” he yelled in reply, cutting Badim off halfway into his cursing.

He snapped a finger, a guard tossing a blaster to the man, promptly pointing it to Clare’s back. “You killed the only one I had left in my life. The only one I had left to love and cherish. Now… I take one of yours.”

Badim only got one glimpse at Clare, dazed and confused. Only able to glance at him with a sad, hopeless face that donned her. Then a flash of red exploded, screams from Clare ensued, then a deathly silence falling over her as she fell to the ground. Dead and motionless.

Orrion Carn- Actual song being played to this: Oh No You Didn't!

Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, October 01st 2010 01:49pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kris watched his father. For the first time in years, he actually saw his father. “Oh,” he said quietly, bewildered. He knew of no words that fit this context. “So, you held onto this since then.”

“Well, I intended to give it to you,” Dad continued. “A couple years ago,” he said with a hint of accusation.

He had meant to give it to his son on the day of the birthday party, when tensions had erupted.

Kris looked down, surprised to feel guilt. He closed the box carefully as his father went on. “But it’s more important that you have it. I know what it meant to you.”

“Well, I’m glad you kept it,” Kris offered, not able to express his gratitude in any other way. He let himself feel the moment, not able to analyze it. After some time, he spoke again, slinging his bag around his shoulder and taking the little box into his hands. “I’m done, so I’m going to head out.

“All right, then,” the elder Jendob replied. Kris nodded to his father then walked past him, quietly, as he descended to the first level of the house. “Take care of yourself,” Dad added, almost involuntarily.

Kris was glad that his father couldn’t see the look of confusion on his face.

No words in the actual meaning... just the playing of an Irish tin whistle... <_<

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, October 29th 2011 08:59pm    Post subject:

No more picking subtext out of posts? :(

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, October 30th 2011 12:17am    Post subject:

I might if I had remembered this game still existed. Not that I'm the only one who's apparently forgotten about it.

What about you? I suppose you haven't noticed any, then? <__<
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, October 30th 2011 02:11pm    Post subject:

Hey, you're the players. It's your job to play the game... we admins just set the stage. <_<

Plus I've been out of power for the last 15 hours and nearly lost a post I'd been working on last night, so give me a break. :(

Expand

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, October 30th 2011 06:19pm    Post subject:

Here, Ams. I did one just for you. :P

Quote:
"Your Majesty, with all due respect,” Nosfer paused as a look of alarm flashed across the Empress' face. “I'm used to it. I've been serving the Empire, off and on, for half of a century. Humans are humans: some can accept others, some can't.

“Nevertheless, I do appreciate your sentiments on the matter,” the engineer added, giving a respectful nod.

The empress nodded in agreement. “We have no intentions of tolerating any discrimination... on any grounds."

That's right, folks. I'm a competent Gungan. Deal with it. - Ams
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, October 30th 2011 07:08pm    Post subject:

Awww, that's so sweet... also, he's not just a competent Gungan (since George is putting them into the Clone Wars show as revenge for Jar Jar hate)... he's a Gungan Daniel Graystone. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, January 04th 2012 01:08am    Post subject:

Ams wrote:
Post is too long to "quote", so just read it for yourself.

And now, won't you join me while I take advantage of 'It was all just a dream' in order to reminisce about and proxy roleplay the days of VII and VIII...a time when the Empire still ruled Coruscant, when new posts were a regular thing and major players didn't commonly disappear for weeks at a time, and I could actually get away with Shayera being a crossover expy of DC Comic's Hawkgirl. - Moff
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, January 04th 2012 01:18am    Post subject:

WRONG! Bwahahahahaha! But close. :p

That actually is quite different from... well, almost everything in my old Ams character beyond his physical appearance, which I didn't get into. It's more of a backdoor pilot that will likely never go into production. >_>

...And if it does, the wings are likely to be absent. Raises too many questions about tailoring and I just don't know enough on the subject to deal with it. Also... godmodding, but... the tailoring issues are worse. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, January 04th 2012 01:25am    Post subject:

Don't let him deceive you, Jawa. You're pretty much right on. :p
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, January 04th 2012 01:38am    Post subject:

I'm not deceiving anyone. No one wants to do a VII reboot. Hell, I can't even finish the pilot post that would cover the Battle of Coruscant... mostly because SW is so horribly inconsistent and illogical that even trying to reboot it from a basic level seems doomed to failure. Cray won't make the board, Han likely won't play... so there goes the admin team (and, you know, infrastructure :p). And 60% of the time, I don't really even want to play it beyond fixing the godawful backstories I wrote for Ams and Shy. Oh, and because I occasionally miss playing Master of the Navy Squadrons. So, building an RPG around fixing two characters and slapping a bulky asset system down that everyone hated and led to horrendous power-plays, skirting on the edge of rules, and turned the game from "cooperative happy fun time with nationsim elements" to a Civ Domination match a good RPG foundation do not make.

But, eh, it's been bugging me a while... so I thought I'd see where it went. It was fun. :p I might be willing to extend it in a fanfic series... except that cuts into my time for writing 6700-word novellas on Unity. :p

And Jawa... you vindicated a couple stylistic choices I made. For one, I was getting burned out toward the end of the dream as written, but it was intended to go much further. And... perhaps disregard a content rule or two. Flagrantly. Mostly to troll Cray, who was obligated to read it and encouraged said violations. <_<

I could have scarred you for life entirely by accident. And that is not our way. :(

Expand

Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, January 04th 2012 12:34pm    Post subject:

The days of taunting and being on the Empire's most wanted list were glorious.

Arlyn was a necessary evil. Lol
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, January 04th 2012 01:00pm    Post subject:

All I ask for is a consistent application of the laws of physics. :(

Oh, and maybe some safety handrails for epic railing kills instead of just "aieeeeeeeeeeee!" Not to mention, I dunno... like redoing would erase a bunch of mistakes CMAC—and I especially—made in setup, handling, approving stuff that shouldn't have been, denying stuff that shouldn't have been... plus the ENDOR HOLOCAUST! :p

Not to mention undoing that all-time favorite design... Akulas. <_<

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Wed, March 14th 2012 08:50pm    Post subject:

Hopefully we'll have some more posts soon to hilariously take out of context...? And people to take them out of context? :(

...Or I'll just turn this into a Mass Effect/My Little Pony Crossover. <_<

Expand

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, March 15th 2012 01:01am    Post subject:

I'd post something if only there was someone to respond to. :?
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, March 15th 2012 08:19am    Post subject:

Well, the battle just needs some setup posts from us... on that front, anyway. <_<

In general... well, that's actually the only part I can help you with. Once I finish my Fluoro and Spec reports for my instrumental analysis class, I actually get back into this much more fully.

But until then...

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Tell Me How You Really Feel
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: