Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Clone Wars Season 4
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Clone Wars Season 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, November 04th 2011 09:12pm    Post subject: Clone Wars Season 4

Anyone keeping up? I'm rather enjoying the Umbara arc... we finally get to see a not-so-shining Knight. Plus they mentioned Appo... which sealed Rex's fate in my mind. He's gonna buy it. :(

But these clone episodes are still really good... and no, no one may have Deathipedes or whatever those were called. Or dual-wield double-bladed lightsabers. Try it and there will be a trouting. >_>

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, November 05th 2011 12:32am    Post subject:

I get the impression we're supposed to hate General Krell. It's working, if that's the case. Because as a General, he absolutely sucks. I'm not buying that he's effective commander or that his victories were anything more than luck even with the record the other characters are mentioning.

Concerning Rex, I'm theorizing that this is part of a plan on Palpatine's part to get Rex and most of Anakin's other favorite soldiers killed as part of his 'push Anakin towards the dark side' strategy.
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, November 05th 2011 07:35am    Post subject:

Or that they were even luck as opposed to reaching the battle droids' kill limit. <_<

...And hey, I hadn't even thought of Palpatine's hand in this. Wow.

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, November 05th 2011 10:32pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the Deathipedes were totally stolen from Command and Conquer 3. :p

Other than that, I recently had a bit of a thought:

So one of Palpatine's advisors is an Umbaran, implying the Umbarans were once part of the Republic, right? Meaning they broke away sometime after the beginning of the war (Or maybe before). We haven't seen any droid forces; hell, we haven't seen any Separatists at all.

This makes me think that the Umbarans actually just wanted independence from the Republic and the latter said "lolno" considering their location on prime supply routes. So the Republic is going to spend large amounts of troops and material crushing the Umbarans, who have their own considerable defense forces...

And when the Umbarans are defenseless and the Republic forces have been ground down by digging them out, the Separatists come in and take the planet.

It's just a theory, and I doubt Lucas has enough braincells to come up with a semi-complex plot like that, but my faith in this show would be greatly boosted if something like this happened.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
"Who say what now?" - Space Jawa
"...Remind me again why I don't set you all on fire?" :P - Moff
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, November 06th 2011 01:31pm    Post subject:

There was an Umbaran Senator... he was one of the evil ones who liked money and war. He was shivved by the Rodian girl for knowing too much and blame the Kaminoan Senator.

Expand

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, November 13th 2011 12:47am    Post subject:

I love how even the narrator recognizes that Krell makes for a terrible leader. :P
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, November 13th 2011 10:28am    Post subject:

Eh, he'll turn out to be a secret Nazi Sith Lord or something. Although, a few things bugged me...

:twisted:

First off, those "hundred megaton" missiles appeared to have all of the kick of maybe a hundred pounds of black powder. That's not a whole lot, in case you're wondering. Sure, it'll **** you up if you're in the middle of it, but a 100-megaton blast—FROM EACH MISSILE-- would have had a fireball 5.5 miles across, had a fireball duration (i.e. glowy ball of death phase BEFORE the mushroom cloud forms... not to be confused with the mass combustion of everything flammable and giant firestorms that come with it) of nearly 36 seconds, caused fatal aneurysms and hemorrhages for 12.5 kilometers around the point of impact (meaning Krell), and inflicted third-degree burns on exposed tissue for nearly 80 kilometers around. The trees NEXT TO THE EXPLOSIONS weren't even on fire. >_<

Next, the issue of these clone courts martial... err, how does that work? Are there JAG and CID clones for investigating and legal proceedings? While a terrible waste of genetic material, I could see TCW have little clone Jangos acting out A Few Good Men with Krell filling Jack Nicholson's role. Will one of the investigating clones be nicknamed "Jethro" and discover some dark secret of Krell's?

Additionally, how is what they did an act of treason? They disobeyed orders, yes, but that's not treason. Their actions got a clone killed, but that's still not treason (they could be charged with manslaughter, though). But see, treason is a scary word and everyone knows it means death. Because, hey, throwing clones in jail isn't good enough...

And on the subject of a grunt clone disobeying orders (an ARC, I can understand):
Quote:
You'll find they are totally obedient, following any order without question. We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host.

Errrrrrrrr...

Well, don't fear. We won't have to sit through a clone with Tom Cruise's haircut shouting "I WANT THE TRUTH." I saw the the preview for "Carnage of Krell." It seems it occurred to them that wasting cloning vats on lawyers would be too moronic even for TCW, and modeling a JAG officer would be too expensive... so Krell is doing away with the court martial and instead ordering Rex to assemble a firing squad for summary execution. So, Krell is also not just reckless... he's psychotically paranoid. Like... Jedi Stalin.

How did this guy get to be a Jedi?

And, like I said (sorry if I'm rambling, I've been up since 5:30 AM and despite being tired and incoherent, I cannot get back to sleep :(), calling it treason is just an excuse to invoke the death penalty. The realistic charges, even for a complete douchebag like Krell, would be gross insubordination, disobeying a direct order in time of war, and manslaughter. Of course, he'd probably drop the last one since the clones aren't really people to him... and kinda shouldn't be. <_<

But TREASON and TREACHERY... and blowing up the supply ship was a "treacherous attempt to undermine [his] authority." No, seriously... Anakin isn't that fricking paranoid and deranged until after he hacks up a bunch of kids and suspects Obi-Wan of slipping Padme his lightsaber behind Anakin's back. Then again, the episode description also gives us:
"With two of his men facing execution for disobeying orders, Captain Rex must confront his overly aggressive commander, General Krell. Risking charges of mutiny, Rex must make a dark choice as the true face of the enemy emerges."

So, clearly, Krell is some kind of deep-cover operative who's been trying to whittle down clone numbers. That's why he freaks out every time they try something that actually works, that's why he tells men with small arms only to combat tanks... because hey, we can't just have an asshole Jedi. No, he has to be secret evil, and then we can make him a hyper-asshole.

It's kinda like what happened to Mina Bonteri. A sensible, rational, moral Seppie... NO SHE DED. And, of course, whacked by her own government because evil cannot tolerate a potential do-gooder in its ranks.

AND WHY ARE THE BATTLE DROIDS TAKING A SMOKE BREAK?!

EDIT: And yes, GBHers... I did pretty much yank all of the discussion from SWU. BECAUSE WE NEED TO TALK HERE. :(

Expand

Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, November 13th 2011 02:12pm    Post subject:

There's a very simple scientific (Psychology is still a science) explanation for this:

George Lucas is batshit loco and doesn't know what science is.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
"Who say what now?" - Space Jawa
"...Remind me again why I don't set you all on fire?" :P - Moff
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, November 13th 2011 02:29pm    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
EDIT: And yes, GBHers... I did pretty much yank all of the discussion from SWU. BECAUSE WE NEED TO TALK HERE. :(

To be fair, there really hasn't been a lot of SWU discussion over the past week or more for you to take in the first place. <__<
Shaira Anulay
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, November 13th 2011 02:34pm    Post subject:

Gotta agree with Moff on this one, Krell must be a deep cover agent.

Or a complete idiot.

Is every Jedi just automatically a general? Is that how the Republic military works? "Oh, you're a Jedi Master? Congratulations, General!" The guy is either trying to kill off as many clones as he can because he's a spy, or tactical decisions of the Republic are just as bad as Krell's.

Also, you two make me sad. You started a stormtrooper party on Dantooine without Zero? :(
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, November 13th 2011 02:49pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Is every Jedi just automatically a general? Is that how the Republic military works? "Oh, you're a Jedi Master? Congratulations, General!"

Yes. Padawans are Commanders, Knights and Masters are Generals. That's really how it works.

Quote:
Also, you two make me sad. You started a stormtrooper party on Dantooine without Zero? :(

Who said "started without"? >_>

Expand

Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, November 13th 2011 03:21pm    Post subject:

Well, imagine my surprise at seeing that after bugging you for something to do with Zero :P

Quote:
Yes. Padawans are Commanders, Knights and Masters are Generals. That's really how it works.

That is as terrible as being told by a computer that your birth parents abandoned you.

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, November 13th 2011 03:27pm    Post subject:

Are you referencing this? :p

And look at Space Jawa. It was his idea. ;)

Expand

Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, November 13th 2011 03:48pm    Post subject:

I would never reference Portal. Ever

Now get me some cake.

Also, I did talk with Jawa. And I weaseled my way into the thread :P

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, November 15th 2011 02:09pm    Post subject:

So, if you weren't referencing Portal, and given the content of that video, I must assume you were referencing My Little Pony somehow. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, November 15th 2011 02:38pm    Post subject:

No Bronies here.

No Portal references.

I really did have a computer tell me my birth parents abandoned me. Then I was promised cake.

This was a falsehood.

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, November 15th 2011 03:13pm    Post subject:

Lies, you're a blatant Brony. :p

And do you know who else was a Brony? HITLER!

Language and tiny mustache warning. Also, creatively-translated German.

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, November 18th 2011 09:33pm    Post subject:

Holy crap... that episode was amazing. Star Wars is unworthy to host it within its canon.

Expand

Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Tue, November 29th 2011 07:51pm    Post subject:

I think this method is similar to how Palpatine wins Dark Side converts...

Expand

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, February 04th 2012 02:10am    Post subject:

Cad Bane > Boba Fett

No offense to old Boba, he's still great and all. But I think that all things considered, Cad has successfully passed Boba as king of the Bad@$$ Bounty Hunters.

On the whole, I think that for whatever flaws the show has, it's been worth it for folks like Cad, Embo, and HANDO(!). :D
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, February 04th 2012 12:01pm    Post subject:

It was pretty awesome when Bane caught "Rako" and pissed off Mister Midget Mutant Turian... sorry, "Morallo Eval." I mean... character development for a non-Jedi/clone! Holy crap! :p

Expand

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, February 04th 2012 12:50pm    Post subject:

Plus, the hat. Bane really loves his hat. Can't say I blame him. It is a really nice hat.
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, February 04th 2012 01:15pm    Post subject:

But... the old-new one was cooler. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Clone Wars Season 4
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: