Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Shaira Anulay's Apartment
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Shaira Anulay's Apartment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaira Anulay
Jase

Post Posted: Wed, November 02nd 2011 02:29pm    Post subject: Shaira Anulay's Apartment

Check your corners...

She had always remembered that. Every time the buzzer for the door rang, that was he first step. Check your corners. He had taught her that. To make sure that nobody could catch you off guard. The halls of the apartment had been specifically chosen because they were easier to defend in. The field of view was he best money could afford.

He had always spent so much money to keep her safe.

Blaster high. Chest level.

She clenched the weapon firmly. Walking into the den, she glimpsed at the two pictures of her children and sighed. The smiling picture of Jade had always made her upset lately. She had always been so adventurous, so ready to take on anything. And she shared her father's natural talent with the Force.

Then Jase had left them and she had watched her daughter grow bitter and spiteful towards him. So many years. All she wanted was for her family to be together again. Even if her son was gone... couldn't Jade let things go and try to understand what Jase had done for them?

Shaira had only ever seen the good in the man. The way he gave up his own dreams to keep them safe. Yes, he had walked out on them. Yes, he had left to pursue his own Jedi Academy. But, he had provided all the financial means they would ever need. He was only trying to protect the people he loved by doing it.

That's what he had told her. She understood. She had understood since that day she had met him in that cold alley. His life had been full of death and enemies. He had to protect them. He had to leave to make sure they were safe.

Safety off. Check the screen.

She released the safety and brought up the screen of the camera that discreetly watched the front door. There was a bothan there, along with... could it be? It had been fifteen years. Had he returned? Had he truly come back to her?

She opened the door and lowered the blaster, ears streaming from her eyes. Latching onto Jase, she began sobbing as she pulled him inside. "Oh gods....Jase... you've come back..."
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Wed, November 02nd 2011 02:52pm    Post subject:

Jase was surprised by her reaction. Fifteen years and she still seemed to be completely in love with him. Despite walking out on her and the children, she was in tears at seeing him again. He let her pull him inside, but also gestured for Dryas to follow as the sobbing woman guided him to the couch.

She quickly began fretting over him, which caused him to sigh in exasperation. She was in and out of the den at top speed, bringing back throw pillows, beverages, snacks... it was enough to frustrate him."Shaira... please...",he said, grabbing her hands and looking into her eyes.

He had to use the Force to calm her down, sending out a suggestion of well-being that would be subtle enough to at least calm her nerves to hold a conversation. Once she seemed to settle down a bit,he guided her to sit on the couch next to him and breathed out.

"Yes, Shaira... I've returned. I ran into Jade on Bespin recently and... where are my manners? Shaira, this is my newest apprentice, Dryas Quy'teff.", he said, gesturing to the bothan.

Shaira tried to smile, but she looked worried still. "It's very nice to meet you... Jase... you saw Jade? How is she? Is she still angry? Is she eating okay? Did she need money?"

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, November 02nd 2011 10:09pm    Post subject:

(Click here to Continue)

Listening to and watching the poor woman, it was near impossible for Dryas not to feel some level of sympathy for her. Everything he could sense tagged her emotional state as being an absolute mess. He had no idea the full extend of the history surrounding Master Denora and his family, though he had heard the stories about how a Padawan known as Jade Denora had abandoned the order. Even if only a handful beyond her former master knew the reason why or had a full picture of what had happened.

Based on his first real impression of the situation, though, he was thinking he was starting to get a real understanding. And that understanding was making him think that Jade might have had a strong case for the argument he had watched her make on Bespin.

He refrained from saying anything about the matter, however. He didn’t think it was his place to get involved right at the moment and unless either Jase or his wife – former wife? – directed their attention to him specifically, he intended to let the two talk things out without his interruption. There’d be plenty of time to get involved later if it turned into the best course of action, but for now he was content to sit and listen.

(Click Here to Continue)

Expand
 Back to top »
Shaira Anulay
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, November 13th 2011 03:17pm    Post subject:

"Jade is fine, though she was less than pleased to see me.", Jase said plainly, taking a glass and pouring himself some water. "I need to tell you something... something that Jade found to be a triviality; but a fact she insisted I bring up to you. I will admit that she had a valid point.", he said with a heavy sigh.

She was worried at that statement. Her daughter and her only living child, filled with so much anger at her father. What could Jase have possibility told Jade that would draw scorn and advice from her? She reached out a hand and placed it hesitantly on his leg. "Jase... what is it?", she asked, a tinge of fear in her voice.

"Shaira...", he said, taking her hand in his and looking into her eyes without a hint of emotion. "I have a heart condition. It is uncurable. I cannot risk a transplant or cybernetic replacement, lest I diminish my considerable capacities with the Force. With war threatening to spread in the galaxy again, I cannot risk losing my skills. That is why I have chosen to train Dryas as my apprentice, he has the potential to learn and pass on my unique talents. I have less than a decade left if I do not strain myself. I am dying..."

She began shaking her head in denial, tearswelling up in her eyes and streaming down her face as he spoke. This can't be real...this can't be real...

"No.... nonono no! You can't leave me again! This is a lie! A trick! You're testing me again! Seeing if I remember everything you taught me before you left!" Shaira turned and looked plaintively at Dryas, clutching Jase's hand. "You! Tell me he's lying! Tell me it's a test!"
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Mon, November 14th 2011 02:08pm    Post subject:

Jase placed his hands on Shaira's face, turning her attention back to him. "Shaira... please... it is the truth. There is nothing to do about it. I always explained to you the truth of death. It visits us all, regardless of whether we choose to accept it or not. Being the instrument of this eternal truth for so long brought me peace with this fact many, many years ago. We must accept fate for what it is, Shaira."

She nodded her head, wiping away the tears slowly. "I...I know you're right...I really do...", she sobbed. "You were always right, always. Oh Jase, why couldn't the children have seen that? Why didn't they know that?! I've lost a son. My daughter hates both of us and now I'm going to lose the only man I've ever loved. And you were gone for so long! Please don't leave me again!"

Jase sighed, looking into her eyes touching her hair softly. "I have no intention of doing that again. Shaira, I want you to come with me. Spend my remaining time with me. I must train Dryas and I must remain prepared for war, but I want you to be there with me. I fear I may have lost my daughter forever, but I will not lose you while I still live."

SHe gasped, covering her mouth with her hand in disbelief. "Jase! I...I don't know what to say! I... Yes!", she cried, throwing her arms around him and crying once more, but with tears of joy.

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » Shaira Anulay's Apartment
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: