Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
THE SECRETS ARE REVEALED
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » THE SECRETS ARE REVEALED
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, August 25th 2011 04:56pm    Post subject: THE SECRETS ARE REVEALED

Picking through some notebooks in my room, I stumbled across a thin, well-worn black Composition notebook titled "RPG Ref." Contained within is the reference library that helped me setup the nuts and bolts of VII. Anyone interested in seeing how the very first battlesystem really worked? :p

Page 1 wrote:
Ion Cannons: 20D, 10D per hit
20D Roll

1 - Null
2 - Shields
3 - Communications
4 - Weapons (All)
5 - Sensors
6 - Engines (All)
7 - Sublight Engines
8 - Hyperdrive
9 - Primary Weapon
10 - Null
11 - Secondary Weapon
12 - Projectiles/Ion Cannon
13 - Main Power
14 - Auxiliary Power
15 - Null
16 - Shields
17 - All Power
18 - Life Support
19 - Computer
20 - Null
20D Duration in turns. [Added later] Stratcom does NOT affect turn

Page 2 wrote:
Evasive Maneuvers: 6D, 20D, 20D
S = 3(6D)M
To work, S< sum of 20D rolls
M - Maneuverability

Fighters:
Attacking WITH:
Δ = nDP
n = Number making successful [sic] attacks
D = 20D

Attacking Fighters:
By fighter-
Mf = Fighter Manueverability
Me = Enemy Maneuverability
Δ = (Mf/Me)20DP

By Capship -
A = W/M
W = Weaps committed
Δ = (.1A)D
Δ = 12 to determine # of fighters hit
12 D again to select fighters

Page 3 wrote:
Electronic Warfare
Jamming (ECM) = 10D, 20D
Jf = (10D-2/8)100%
Accuracy = 100% - Jf/Com = 100% - Jf
20D determines duration

Works for Comm or Sensors. Comm garbles message. Sensors reduce gun accuracy. Each jam type is one command.

Burn-through (ECCM):
Bf = (10D-2/8)100%
New Jf = Jf-Bf
D20 = Duration

Page 4 wrote:
Laser Ratings (Laser Cannons only)
EF76 Nebulon-B: 6 PJ
Carrack: 7.5 PJ
Interdictor: 9 PJ total (quad)
CR90: 8 PJ total (dual) [sic]
TIE: 2 PJ total (Twin)
X-Wing: 3.6 PJ (Quad)

SLD-26 Rating:
105,000,000 EJ @ 10,000 km cover

None of those were ever applied. TIEs and X-Wings had 5 PJ/shot ratings in the game.

Then a two page list of maintenance values... including a ton of stuff from GB that was never used. An attempt to codify the dreaded Liberator cruiser (before I found a site that had d20 figures)... they were wrong. But they didn't see combat under those figures. A few pages in, there're some starship comparisons and early attempts at tactical indexing... configurations for naval units for a few pages, a list of starship masses (all wrong :(), more squadron configurations, another indexing page, a brief sketch of a command ship that was never introduced, yet more squadron configuration, and then a list of naval ship classifications based on Curtis Saxton's terrible SWTC page on Imperial warships. :p

After that, we have an engine thrust chart, some amusing drawings and measurements of what can only be a Star Destroyer class, more damned tactical indexing, more squadron configuration, a weapons loadout for an experimental assault droid (it fell victim to the Great Economic and Doom Weapon Reset :(), new squadrons for the Imperial Navy's New Class project, a revision of those squadrons (gee, I wonder what I really liked to do in VIII :p), the flash codes from some KotOR puzzle...

Then this curious little note:
Quote:
AT-ST: 4 Missiles
AT-AT:

Lt Frigate: 1
Frigate: 1 1/3
Adv Frigate: 1.5
Destroyer: 2/3
Hvy Destroyer: .75
AT-AT: 2.25

The first list is how many shoulder-launched missiles it takes in BF1 to kill the listed vehicle. The second one are length ratios from SWGB. After that, we have some lovely rank and insignia charts... then a doodle of Colonial military insignia that I drew while waiting for Calculus I to begin, Curtis Saxton's rank plaque formulas, and a small checklist titled "Rank Reorganization" from when I was doing some tweaks in the Empire and Alliance.

Bored yet? :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » THE SECRETS ARE REVEALED
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: