Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
How Cray and myself spent our Thursday evening...
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » How Cray and myself spent our Thursday evening...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Mon, July 18th 2011 03:41pm    Post subject: How Cray and myself spent our Thursday evening...

On Thursday, July 14, Cray and myself attended the Weird Al concert in Lancaster, PA. Now, this wasn't going to be just an ordinary concert where you arrive, sit down, enjoy the show and leave. We were there as members of the 501st Legion. My local garrison, Garrison Carida, had been asked by Weird Al's people to participate in the show by being up on stage during the performance of The Saga Begins. Since the event was fairly close and I hadn't yet had the chance to participate in a Weird Al event, I jumped at the opportunity.

Cray also expressed interest in seeing Weird Al in concert, so I asked him to tag along and act as an official trooper wrangler, or squire, and help us out during the troop by taking pictures and making sure no one was trying to jump us while in costume.

We arrived early and received performance access passes that allowed us to go anywhere backstage (BADGE). We weren't too far from Weird Al's dressing room and even got to see him and many of the band members backstage during the show. Unfortunately, we weren't granted an official meet and greet, but it was still cool to be mingling in the same area as these guys. If I hadn't had a costume malfunction as we were walking off the stage, I may have even had the chance to shake Weird Al's hand. But alas, I was too worried about the snaps holding my thigh pieces in place popping loose and I was totally oblivious to what was going on around me. It was only after talking to Cray after the performance that I realized I had walked right by Al without even knowing he was there. Oh well.

Anyway, the whole experience was surreal and those few minutes out on stage were quite a rush. It was totally awesome just to be standing up there, representing Star Wars in an official capacity and seeing the crowd loving it. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

For those interested, here is a video of the performance:

http://youtu.be/F3QF9nCJya8

I am the second trooper to the right of Vader - the same side as Jango Fett. I am also the trooper that Weird Al comes up to and hugs towards the end of the song.

Let me know what you think! And if I can bug Cray, maybe he'll even be able to upload some of the pictures he took.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, July 18th 2011 04:23pm    Post subject:

That is epic. Jango seems to be rocking out at first... then Boba starts playing the rifle guitar. :p

ROFL Jango shaking his head to "the battle droids were broken..." and don't think I missed you singing along with Al. <_<

EDIT: Bwahahahahaha... the lightsaber "lighter wave" and then the March playoff... nice. :D

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, July 18th 2011 04:28pm    Post subject:

Yeah that is pretty awesome!!
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, July 18th 2011 04:35pm    Post subject:

Oh, and the obligatory... aren't you a little short to be a Stormtrooper?

:p

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Mon, July 18th 2011 04:42pm    Post subject:

Yeah, shutup. I'm not all that short. It's just that most of the troopers are really tall. Like the TIE pilot next to me - he's like 6'4" or something. How can you realistically fit into a TIE fighter cockpit being that tall? :lol:

And it's too bad the camera was on a close-up at the part with the "battle droids were broken" and the head shake. I hung my head and did the same thing. I need to see if I can find a better angle.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, July 18th 2011 05:48pm    Post subject:

Well... that is tall for a pilot, too. According to Wikipedia and the Databank, the Empire didn't accept anyone who wasn't exactly six feet tall. Except Vader, who should be around 6' 5" :p

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » How Cray and myself spent our Thursday evening...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: