Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
JM-5K Scout - 'Guardian'
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » JM-5K Scout - 'Guardian'
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ganner Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, July 16th 2011 04:03am    Post subject: JM-5K Scout - 'Guardian'

JumpMaster 5000
Guardian

Production information
Manufacturer Corellian Engineering Corporation
Model JumpMaster 5000
Class Scout ship

Technical specifications
Length 20.1 meters
Maximum speed (atmosphere) 1200 km/h
Hyperdrive rating Modified Class 2.0 Hyperdrive (Less hyperdrive breakdowns - as commonly known for it's class)
Armament Laser cannons (2)
Crew 1 pilot (Ganner Soto)
Passenger capacity 1
Cargo capacity 50 metric tons

Schematic:
Expand
 Back to top »
Ganner Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, July 16th 2011 04:44am    Post subject:

Ganner being soberer now than he had been while at the Club, stepped into the cool familiar surroundings of his JM-5K, the Guardian. He had had nineteen some years to familiarize himself with the Guardian, he’d made sufficient modifications that were necessary for his continued pursuit of Tarison Var, the hyperdrive being one of those key modifications. Having not known the history of the line of ships, the hyperdrives on this model tended to malfunction, oftentimes stranding him in open space while he made as much patch-repairs as he could. Of course no one can repair a hyperdrive, he was just lucky enough to have been picked up by a passing merchant ship on the active hyperspace lane. Thankfully they were making a course change in realspace near sublight-distance from Ganner. As soon as he got to a point where he could get not repairs, but a new hyperdrive that actually was reliable. That cost him a pretty gold credcoin for that one and put his meals off for a long time - if it wasn’t for Jedi techniques to sustain himself longer than usual he’d likely be dead.

He ran his hand along the bulkhead, feeling for the appropriate button to retract the gangplank so he could ship off. Once he found it and the boarding ramp closed the smells of sin left his nose and the sterile, scrubbed air of his ship filled him. He couldn’t see this as any other home - aside from the ones that were taken away from him. Nar Shaddaa was always a home for him, but Var took that haven away from Ganner when he killed his parents and sister. The Order was another such home, a surrogate home to be more precise. Unfortunately that was taken from him as well when Tarison fell. But that would change. He would be going home to warn the Jedi of Tarison’s fall to the Dark Side and to ask for remittance into the Order he‘d long ago left - but one of which he’d never fallen from it’s path.

A slight tweedle behind him shook him from his thoughts. R9-G7 gazed at him from his recharge socket - one of the other modifications to his ship. His black and gold color-scheme made him also fit in with the bronze tone of the interior.
“Don’t worry,” Ganner sighed. “I’m not drunk.” A moment of mis-concentration and his foot caught onto a toolbox he’d left lying around for one reason or another, making him tip forward and almost kiss the floor. He narrowly escaped such a relationship with his ship by pushing himself upwards with a touch of the Force. R9 gazed at him further.
“Just a coincidence,” Ganner growled.
“Wooooh.” R9 shook his head and disengaged from his recharge socket for the cockpit.
’Whatever I say?’ Are you kidding me?” That droid needs another memory-wipe… “Just plot a course for Coruscant.”
“Dee? Wooh-diddle!”
“I know what I said. But things have change.” Ganner walked past the droid and patted his golden dome affectionately and took a seat, disengaging them from the moorings and flying them to their exit vector at station-legal thrust.
R9 hummed.
“I’ll tell you later.”
Another set of tweedles sounding in protest.
“You’re right,” Ganner digressed. “It is a long trip. Plot that course and then I’ll tell you.”

More humming erupted from the droid like he was some sort of impatient teenage. Ganner couldn’t help but chuckle.

Ganner Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Ganner Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, July 17th 2011 02:16am    Post subject:

The Guardian came out flying from hyperspace and back into realspace. The U shaped craft flew through the outer layers of Coruscant’s nighttime atmosphere towards the Jedi Temple. Ganner had heard of the assault on the Temple a few months ago, how devastatingly surprising it was. Casualties weren’t publicly announced so Ganner had to assume that the Jedi had handled themselves as best they could. The Guardian entered Temple Airspace and the control room requested his authorization while he stayed in a holding pattern. Ganner keyed the comms and spoke into the device:
“This is Ganner Soto, my authorization is old but is being transmitted as requested,” A pause made Ganner wonder if this was going to get his ship impounded.
“Padawan Soto, ID confirmed,” a different voice came in. At the mention of Padawan Ganner almost shuddered, he’d considered himself much more experience. But it that’s what it took to return to the Temple, so be it, he assumed. “Land in hangar Seven. What’s your business? You’ve been gone for the better part of two decades, Padawan.”
Ganner sighed. “I am aware of my period of absence, and whatever security measures you deem necessary is fully understandable,” a slow glance to R9 rocking back and forth on his legs made him shake his head. “I can explain further to Grand Master Skywalker if he is available.”

A confirmation and Ganner steered his JM-5K into the designated hangar. In front of him he could see a team of Temple Security, ten in all, led by a figure with cloak that clearly designated his title as Master. Though he couldn’t see who was behind the hem of the hood, something about her presence seemed familiar. R9 extended his third tread-foot from underneath his carriage and rolled to the gangplank, waiting for Ganner to follow.
On his way out he snatched his brown cloth cloak from a storage compartment, threw his arms into it and clipped his saber to his belt. Stepping towards the gangplank, he saw the security team fan out into a staggered line so each could get a shot off at him, the Master in front of the formation was clearly female. Her emotions expressed that she was calm but open to all possibilities.
Ganner calmed himself and expelled a sigh, looked down affectionately to R9 and patted the droid, wondering if he’d see his droid again. He told R9 to stay with the ship then continued down the boarding ramp.

Ganner Soto First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » JM-5K Scout - 'Guardian'
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: