Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Bakura
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Bakura
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 02:49pm    Post subject:

The last of the controls on the helm snapped and hissed under the pressure of the electric converter tool. She had fused a segment of power boxes in order to get the panels to a point of use. They weren't as pretty as they used to be, but now she'd be able to reliably use them without hitting a dead panel thus resulting in a downward spiral or failed power transfer, like the loss of shields at a critical moment. She pulled herself up, checking off one of the smallest things on her list. The burnout in the hyperdrive had been easily fixed, after switching to the backup, and using the parts on the damaged class 2 to supplement the sublight engine. She checked two more things, and rubbed her head as she came to the shields and hull repair.

It was one thing to find a source for the shield generators, in fact, she had the tools and the spares onboard, but somewhere, she'd need to find a chunk of metal that could be used to patch a breach just below the cockpit. She sighed, knowing of only one place to go at this point, but knew her chances were high, considering the fact she saved his ass.

Nico pulled up her pantleg, removing the ion blaster and holstered it on her right side. Morgan was a problem, and the least trustworthy of the bunch, despite Denora's presence. The Jedi Master was once an assassin, a piece of scum from the underworld that she preferred to vaporize on sight whenever she came across them. His talents with the Force and his young following made it impossible to touch him, at least, here and now.

His current conviction proved benevolent, but one with a black soul, never rids itself of the darkness. It is always there, waiting.

The night air had caused a small gathering around the camp fire, the younger Jedi were exchanging stories, as the older and much wiser were wielding wildly to repair the Millennium Falcon. The relic of a ship looked better than when she had landed, but still needed a bit of work before she'd be spaceworthy again.

Denora had just finished speaking, something along the lines of letting bygones be bygones, when Nico approached. She folded her arms, interrupting the conversation completely, "I've got a bone to pick with you, Captain Solo. I saved your wife from a sniper, and your ass up there from getting vaporized, and you still have a grudge? Have you gone completely daft or perhaps have you misunderstood my intentions completely? If I didn't know any better about the kind of man you really are, I might believe everything Thrackan says about you."

She let that settle, "Denora, do you mind if we have a moment, he's about to apologize, and I'd prefer that it be on a one on one basis." She leaned against the Falcon, and waited for their response.

Tag: Han
The Invasion of Bakura First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 04:07pm    Post subject:

When the young man, Sethe, declined to accept his offer to work as part of his team at SE, Han simply watched him in silence as he climbed the side of the Falcon's hull and quickly got to work. The truth was, he hadn't really expected the kid to accept the offer in the first place. It was just a lot of wishful thinking and his way of showing his gratitude and appreciation for what the kid was about to do.

Too bad the same could not be said about Jase Denora, who had just declined an offer of another kind - a challenge that the old man deemed too childish and maybe even too dangerous for someone 'their age.' Han merely scoffed and shook his head at what he had interpreted as an obvious display of cowardice. Denora only chose to cover it up by disguising it as some fancy psychological speech that tried to dictate how Han should react and what was proper in a given situation. It was all a bunch of bantha fodder and Han was going to say as much to Jase when another individual decided to intervene...

Nico.

As soon as the woman started to speak, Han adopted a more intimidating gesture, crossing his arms over his chest and lifting his chin in a cocky manner so that he was staring down at her. "This should be good," he muttered under his breath as she started in on her tirade.

I saved your wife from a sniper, and your ass up there from getting vaporized, and you still have a grudge? Have you gone completely daft or perhaps have you misunderstood my intentions completely?"

"Wait...you?" he stammered, his calm and cool demeanor effectively shattering around the edges as the revelation sunk in. He hadn't realized it had been her piloting the ship when they had been towed to the surface earlier that day. He simply released an incredulous snort and turned his head away, almost embarrassed.

"If I didn't know any better about the kind of man you really are, I might believe everything Thrackan says about you," she continued in a serious tone.

Han lifted his head back to her and narrowed his eyes, using that bit about Thrackan to sideline the conversation and alleviate some of the pressure and embarrassment. "So, you pal around with Thrackan now, huh?" he remarked, watching her closely. "Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. I'm sure those are fun-filled meetings - swapping stories about the last big uprising you caused and sharing tips on how to topple governments. Educational stuff."

Apparently his attempt to change the subject wasn't working. "Denora, do you mind if we have a moment, he's about to apologize, and I'd prefer that it be on a one on one basis."

"Apologize?!" he spat, his eyes growing wide. "For what? I honestly thought you were trying to kill her! What else was I supposed to think when you came charging out of the crowd towards her with security on your tail? And as for that little maneuver earlier, well it wasn't my fault I didn't recognize your ship. Hell, it could've been anyone and I was under the impression that Lucas was in control---"

I intentionally set that up to cut him off since he was starting to ramble on with excuses. I thought that would be fitting. Let me know if you had something else in mind.

Tag: Alex, Jase
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 05:00pm    Post subject:

For reasons he didn’t understand, Tseneca had bothered not to fill in Han or Denora about the incoming danger, instead heading off in her own direction without seemingly saying very much.

”On second thought…” He said to himself when he realized just how angry their conversation was getting.

”Hey, uh, old guys and really :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil: y jerk woman.” He said, hoping that would be enough to get their attention. ”I realize this is going to sound really hypocritical coming from me, but you might want to look into cutting down on the blame fest, because if what I heard from Tseneca talking to some ‘Sam’ woman is correct, we’ve got imperials headed straight in our direction. And by the sounds of it, we don’t have a great deal of time before they get here.”

Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 05:11pm    Post subject:

Nico could tell she had taken Han by surprise, but his immediate launch into excuses made him much more difficult to deal with than she had previously thought. She eyed around, catching Tseneca's bedroom toy hoisted on the top of the Falcon with what looked like a welding tool and a short sheet of metal. She continued her stare at Han as he continued, "Hell, it could've been anyone and I was under the impression that Lucas was in control---"

"Hold on one damn minute." Nico stopped him in his tracks, "I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here... things might not have looked right on the rooftop, fine. You thought the son of the richest woman in the galaxy is flying around in a Firespray-class... in the Outer Rim... okay, sure. But to have the knowledge that it was me and continues to be me that saved your ass and, don't forget, your fancy wife too, yet you still withhold your damn apology?"

She wasn't as fired up as she sounded, in fact, she adored Mrs. Solo, but this was a point. He owed her... big time. She brought things full circle, "And, for your information, Thrackan Sal-Solo is the kind of man that I try to remove from the galaxy. Just haven't gotten around to him yet." She said matter-of-factly, then she looked up to find Bhren looking down on her.

"Your bedroom friend spoiled that for me, actually, back in Coronet. Oxanna Cantina..." She said with a little venom, but looked to Han for any kind of reaction that she had been trying to kill his own blood-relative. She had landed there for a variety of reasons all those months ago, and it would've been a triumph if she had been able to put Thrackan's head on a pike and all human-superiority attitude with it. Now though, it didn't matter, he was too well protected for a try-again any time soon. She was about to say something else, when Morgan approached and gave the revelation of inbound Imperials.

She crossed her arms, ignoring him completely, which would likely boil his blood even further, "You have anything you want to add, Bhren? Or you just going stand there with your damn mouth wide open like a desert bantha?"

Tag: Jess
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 05:41pm    Post subject:

Hope this isn't jumping the gun too much...

Jase was waiting for one of Han's usual retorts when Nico came over and asked to be excused so she and Han could exchange words. Gods, this is the worst band of allies I've ever seen... He was going to simply acquiesce and let Solo deal with his own problems, when Morgan interrupted with news of enemies on the move.

He reached out with the Force, searching the surrounding forest and finding the presence of a number of troops and droids being deployed. They were still a long distance away from the group of survivors, though. "A transport and a number of Imperial troops and droids. Though they wouldn't find us until at least morning, if I'm guessing correctly.", Jase said, opening eyes on focusing back on the immediate area.

"Well, what does our motley group of con men, criminals and adventurers think we should do about this?", Jase said, looking around at everyone as he placed his hand on his lightsaber clipped to the belt of his robes.

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 05:59pm    Post subject:

The argument unfolded before Sethe like a really viscious flower. After all was said and done, Solo couldn't get a word in edge-wise. And then Nico had turned on him.

Sethe raised his eyebrows at her, tossing his tools into the toolbox. "No, nothing to add. But it does seem to me like you're not trying to hard to make friends."

Nico scoffed. "Ah yes, play nice. Isn't that the sentiment of the night."

News of the imminent attack was spreading, but It wasn't until Denora mentioned it that the full focus hit home.

Sethe looked at Nico. "Trust me, if there was ever a time not to play nice. its now."
 Back to top »
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 08:39pm    Post subject:

First thing when it came to combat, know thy enemy. The Furball seemed less than willing to share his history with her. "Ok Dryas, I'll show you mine if you show me yours." Sahana offered with a smile and a wink. He hit it spot on; her history was a very colorful one. With her personality, she would probably describe it as a rainbow. She could write a book on her life under Master Denora, but she would never have the patience to write past the first chapter.

"I don’t see how it could hurt, especially if you plan to stay at the academy. Master Denora found me on Iridonia. I still don't know why he took me with him, but been with him ever since. Over my training under him, I have met some very very unscrupulous people." Sahana said, taking a moment to stop and reminisce. She had met quite a few people from the underbelly of the universe.

"Well, what does our motley group of con men, criminals and adventurers think we should do about this?" Sahana overheard Master Denora's voice behind her. What else was there to do other than fight? They weren't an army, but they had a handful of Jedi and a few others that looked capable of handling themselves in a fight. Master Denora would know what she wanted to, so she didn't need to give her opinion.

"Looks like I don't have the time to tell you of my many exploits that shaped me into this current state of joy and macabre. Maybe if you live long enough, you will be able to hear it." Sahana spoke, images of what she rather be doing playing in her head like an old school silent movie. She felt a warm up was in order before the Imperial forces arrived.

Expand
 Back to top »
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 09:18pm    Post subject:

Tarison gripped his lightsaber loosely and confidently. Thumbing the activation switch he watched the blood red blade ignite. With a push from the Force he leapt towards Kyp and clashed blades with him. The blue and red blades met with a splash of a deep purple. Tarison looked on his once companion, a sinister smile creeping across his face. For far too long had Tarison wanted to clash with Kyp since his turn to power.

Tarison pushed off from Kyp and swung towards his midsection, the azure blade blocking the blow. Spinning away he looked on Kyp once more. “The Order has taught you to react, Durron.” Tarison said, proving his point by attacking once more. “But I’ve been freed from them, and I’ve been shown how to act with no bounds.”

As proof, Tarison leapt once more away from Kyp, this time when he touched the ground he flung his hand forward and lighting shot forth towards his foe.

Tag: Kyp
Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 09:37pm    Post subject:

In pure instinct Kyp dug his heels down and held his sabre out in front of him. The sky blue lightning struck his sabre with a thunderous crack. Kyp expected to find himself writhing on the ground in pain but his grip had held firm. Var knowing that his movement would be restricted moved forward, slowly applying more and more pressure against Kyp's blade.

Wild arcs of lightning tapered off and struck exposed metallic surfaces around Kyp. Plain brute force would never win this fight. Despite the strain in his forearms Kyp reached out with one hand and hurled a table sized piece of reinforced duracrete in the direction of his attacker.

As expected the Sith moved in one fluid motion to the side as the slab bounced off the pavement next to him. However Kyp was free and now on the attack. Through the upheaval of dust Kyp sprinted forward and after a flurry of strikes met Var's blade again. "You've haven't learned enough to save you," Kyp said cutting the interaction short as he drove the two sabres apart with a violent force push.

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 10:09pm    Post subject:

The group around her stirred toward Denora's prepossessing voice, stirring her away from her feelings. She was disturbed. She set a hand on Lucas' arm. "Kyp..."

As if following her train of thought, Lucas whispered. "There's nothing we can do about it right now. He'll have to take care of himself."

But those eyes. The man Kyp was facing wasn't to be toyed with, for certain. She felt her blood go cold and she shivered and pulled her jacket closer. The others had approached and now all was standing around the fire. Lucas was right, there were bigger things happening now. Kyp would have to fend for himself for the time being.

"Words spread?" She asked, specifically looking at Morgan, who nodded. She spoke up. "I recieved a transmission from one of my crew members whose currently being held hostage on one of their starships. Apperantly, they've dispatched ground troops, but we should have time to get what we need ready."

Sara ran a hand though her hair. "We have numbers to our advantage."

"And weapons." Jonas chimed in.

Tseneca nodded to them. "Right, but what we need is a plan." She looked around. In the glow of the fire, everyone looked wan, tired. They didn't know eachother, had nothing to do with each other, and now they were expected to become allies and form a resistance. This wasn't going to be easy. "Any ideas?"

I'm letting you know, I've only spoken for characters whose players ive worked with before and who have given me permission (and vice versa) to do so. Let me know if this is cool :)
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 10:22pm    Post subject:

”Can you tell how many of them there are?” Morgan asked Denora. ”Because if it’s only a small transport worth, I wouldn’t doubt we have more than enough people who could head out and ambush ‘em before they arrive. Given the sort firepower we have and our defensive terrain advantage, we could probably take them out no problem.”

He looked around to get an reminding overview of what kind of crew had assembled.

”You sure you’re not overestimating them?”
”No, I feel pretty good about our chances. I almost wonder if I wasn’t too worried about what’s coming.”

”We have, what? Half a dozen Jedi types walking around?” He said with a shrug. ”That alone would probably be enough. Throw in anyone willing to shoot at 'em with a blaster, and it'll be no sweat.”

It almost seemed too easy. Given it was a Jedi who was suppose to be some kind of big shot, though, he was willing to credit it to the Imperials simply not knowing what they were getting themselves into.

”We could even send in Nico on ahead as cannon fodder bait to distract them and hit them from behind. They’d probably never know what hit them.” He added, expressing a bit of morbid yet wishful thinking.

”You really got to stop doing that. At least till you get a solid opportunity to kill her again.”

Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Thu, May 12th 2011 11:19pm    Post subject:

Han glared at the woman as she continued to rant, obviously not taking too kind to the fact that she was coming out on top in this argument. And despite everything she was saying to him, he realized that it all boiled down to his sense of pride. He had been wrong about her and knew it. An apology might have come easy if she had refrained from tearing into him while a small crowd of people looked on, but to utter those two simple words now would only be a sign of weakness in front of so many. His best bet would be to keep his mouth shut and hope that her gloating would cease.

But of course, things had gone on far too long for that to realistically happen and Han found himself blurting out the first thing that came to his mind. "What do you want?" he goaded her on, purposely leaning closer to get under her skin. "A big wet kiss to make everything better?"

Shaking his head in disgust, he regarded her for a moment before stepping back into the shadows underneath the Falcon. It was only after he was a safe distance away from her and out of earshot of most that had gathered that he dared to mutter a certain phrase. "M'sorry..." It came out more like a slurred grunt that was barely audible, but it was there nonetheless.

Turning away from the others completely, he decided to ignore the rest of their conversation and get back to work. He had been distracted enough for the night and if he continued down that path, nothing would get done and they would be stuck here a lot longer than he had first anticipated. That wasn't fair to everyone he had left behind at the company and that certainly wouldn't be fair to Leia. He owed her double for everything that had happened on this trip already.

With a sigh, he stretched aching muscles before making his way for the landing ramp. There was still a lot of work to do in the hold and the connecting corridors.

Back to top »
Tarison Var
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, May 13th 2011 02:20am    Post subject:

Tarison reeled from the push Kyp had exerted, stepping back a few feet to give himself some distance. His grin still sadistically hanging in confidence, he pointed the tip towards Kyp, the two strafing each other in a wide circle looking for weaknesses in their foe‘s stance. “I assure you, I have plenty of power to call upon in my aid, Jedi.”

In two quick steps Var closed the gap between himself and Durron, his attacks parried high, mid and low. “Have your abilities been slipping, Durron?” Var commented with a quick swipe at Durron’s cloak, slicing a piece of cloth clean off from Durron’s sleeve. “How long has it been since we’ve first sparred in training?”

A back flip helped Var escape a swing from Durron. Lord Var quickly kneeled to protect from a swift strike from above. Looking into Durron again, who’s eyes showed new valiant and determination, Var mocked. “Do you really think you can defeat me? A Sith Lord!?”

Tarison leaned in with little exertion, pushing the Jedi back. Then he repeated a line he had told him once during their training. “I know you don't have a chance at defeating me, friend. Why? Because I’m not even breaking a sweat.

Tag: Kyp

Code of the Sith
 Back to top »
Kalin Lohden
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, May 13th 2011 07:40am    Post subject:

Kalin had kept quiet for the duration of the landing, mostly staying out of sight with the exception of greeting the young Davad. He had made considerable progress on one of the adjacent corridors across from the hold when he heard the old Corellian clump inside. Kalin remained still, hoping he'd pass over him. Though his body was completely visible, from the shoulders up, he was inside of the Falcon's walls planting a transmitter. Kalin had pulled the device from his briefcase and it was wired to transmit every seven hours, making it undetectable...unless detected during transmission, which lasted for about three minutes.

He had never had such a fine opportunity to install so much spyware, and the majority of the systems now had some kind of connection to the main unit, which he was installing now. The last of the metal was welded over the device, and only a real keen eye would detect the foreign sheet. Han Solo would be one of those souls. Kalin pulled himself out, noticing the Corellian nearby.

"Damn thing," Kalin let out, "The powergrid..." He removed a tool, and pulled himself back underneath the wall. It was a simple fix, one that didn't really require skill, but the lights to the interior cabin flashed back on. He pulled himself out, wiping his hands. "Played around with that a bit longer than I should, guess I didn't know as much as I thought. Though, I believe I have all the inside power relays corrected, we shouldn't experience any kind of overload..."

It was true, he had fixed them while installing equipment that would make his job at capture a lot easier. Should Han evade Lumiya, they would be able to track him for a long time, at least, until extensive repairs were made. That would give them a month, perhaps two, if they failed to get off Bakura. Kalin reached for a pair of goggles, and walked passed the Corellian, waiting for him to respond, but added, "I'm going to start on the weapon turret. Besides being a bit smashed in, I noticed the gun station was still operational. Might prove useful, especially now that we have so many hands on deck."

He flashed him a smile, one of hope. Hope that he'd believe every lie and soon be strapped to an interrogation table.... Kalin was ready for a new job and couldn't wait for this one to be over.

Tag: Han
Capturing a Corellian First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, May 13th 2011 07:51am    Post subject:

Nico accepted the quiet apology from the Corellian, and let him retreat into his ship. She took the victory lightly, as Morgan talked about using her as cannon fodder against the soon-arriving Imperials. "Would you mind handing me a sheet of metal, about five inches thick." Sethe raised an eyebrow and Nico folded her arms, "Please." He rummaged through his pile then handed her one of the smaller pieces that was oddly shaped. Without another word, nor any kind of gentleman help from the men around, she carried it off and towards the Khan, but not without giving Morgan a look.

She was going to kill him, and the way she passed him, she put considerable emphasis on the ion blaster locked to her side. It was only a matter of time, before his limp body would never rise again. She had found him one of the most interesting men in the galaxy, but now, she loathed him. And she couldn't quite figure that out. Looking into his cybernetic eye she said slowly, "I would never want to be your fodder." She sarcastically blew him a kiss, and continued onwards, leaving the Jedi to plan the defense.

She didn't mind if some of them took a blast to the chest, in fact, it might've made things a little easier around here if their numbers were a bit more manageable. She dropped the metal and entered the Khan to retrieve a hover pad, one that she could use in order to weld the gap beneath the cockpit. She dragged the metal, before sending the small craft upwards and below the shattered pilot's eye window.

Clamping a pair of weld goggles over her eyes, she set to work...

Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, May 13th 2011 08:14am    Post subject:

Jonas had been talking with Rueth quietly as he listened to whatever she wanted to tell him. It wasn't much, she was mostly reserved, which was understandable given the context of what all just happened. She had nearly lost everyone, those girls were her family, and her home was vaporized by an orbital bombardment - an act that hasn't be seen in both of their lifetimes. Her eyes shifted uncomfortably and Jonas put his arm around her shoulders, "It'll be all right, we're with a good bunch." He released her, hoping that it meant more than a simple reassurance. The talk about the attack was making him nervous, and he started to wonder what happened to Rylii Kuat.

One moment they were standing in the hospital, the next he was gone. Jonas tried to remember something else, something that had taken place on Bespin... it was like trying to remember where the speeder ignition chip was the following morning with a vicious hangover. He looked over to Tseneca and Lucas, the two seemed a little closer than he had remembered. Their relationship was up and down, but they loved each other, whether or not they ever said that to each other. Jonas was a little envious of their connection and had been ever since Iego. It was always strong, even from the get-go.

Suddenly something happened. One of the trees moved and twigs snapped under footsteps. The Jedi were tense and all the voices died down at once. He squinted his eyes, attempting to make out whatever was about to come through....

Back to top »
Rylii Kuat
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, May 13th 2011 08:32am    Post subject:

Showtime.

Rylii stumbled through the forest, falling into the extended light of the campfire. His face had been beaten, his body nearly broken, as he emerged, extending his hands in the group's general direction. Kalin Lohden had sent him the coordinates, in addition to a nice little story about the True Empire launching a troop transport. It was all he needed in order to get them to believe him. Jonas was the first to meet him, his arms scooping up his body and laid him in front of the fire.

He had not enjoyed the self-inflicted making of the wounds, but he looked pretty bad, hopefully garnering enough pity to soften their guard. "What the hell happened!" Lucas asked, a little incredible.

Rylii knew he needed to seem out of it, so he spoke in Kuati. "I was trying to book beds in the hospital for Sethe, and then I was forced into the hospital bunker. I escaped, and was jumped by a street gang. If it hadn't been for the Imperials, I might've been left there to die. They planned to transport me up to the their command ship, it seems like they are collecting war treasures..."

He looked at Jonas, "Please forgive me.."

Lucas translated accordingly, he groaned as someone slathered bacta onto his body. It stung, but seconds later, it felt numb. He could understand why some could be addicted to the stuff. After a while, Rylii returned to Basic. "I am sorry, I thought I was helping. I did overhear some things though. The Empire knows you are here. Troops have begun to outline the forest... but they are holding back, for somekind of transport to make the landing. They have special orders, I believe. A Corellian?"

Jonas looked wildly towards the rest of the group, "They're going to be here soon."

Rylii nodded as someone broke the group apart. Most of the attention shifted to a man giving orders and directions, but it was enough time to allow Jonas to affectionately wipe the blood away from his face. Rylii thanked him, and asked for a minute alone with Lucas. The boy nodded and parted.

In their native tongue, Rylii said, "Lucas, it is not safe here with these people. We have to return to our homeworld. We will be safe there."

Lucas folded his arms, "What really happened to you? You are too well-blocked for a man so badly injured." He was referring to the mental guard, one that Rylii had built up prior to coming into the camp. It was necessary with so many Jedi around.

"Lucas, I know of a trader in the Outer Rim, he has stealth technology. If we pay him, and I know we can, we can get out of here. And leave them all behind." Rylii was almost begging in his voice. He needed this , he needed Lucas to follow him. Lohden had done so well, he had delivered her Han and Leia, and now, he had Lucas here as well. He would get all the glory, he would get everything from her.

"I can't leave them, Rylii. Not now."

"This isn't our fight. This isn't our world. We have to ready our people."

There was a long pause, a small light in the sky, like a star was getting bigger. Rylii closed his eyes, he couldn't allow this to happen, he couldn't let Kalin get all the glory. Somehow in the cross-fire, he'd have to steal Lucas away. Tseneca approached, she always did. Rylii bit his tongue, he wished he had smothered and finished her on Bespin.

Tag: Jess
Catching a Corellian First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, May 13th 2011 10:46am    Post subject:

”Like she really thinks we’d give her an option.” ZIM thought in response to Nico’s comment.

”I’m getting mixed signals from you.” Morgan shouted after her sarcastically. He didn’t get what was with her mocking signals that she was mixing in with her more obvious hate, but it was getting on his nerves. Not that it mattered, considering how she was already at the top of his ‘revenge list’. For that matter, she was the only person on his revenge list.

”Might want to think about getting your story straight before I interpret one of ‘em wrong!”

Fortunately, for now it seemed she was going off to do her own thing. As long as he felt safe that he had as much protection from her as she seemed to have from him, it meant he wouldn’t have to deal with her for a while.

Now he just had to figure out what they were doing and who was planning on heading out to ambush the incoming Imperials.

Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, May 13th 2011 02:21pm    Post subject:

The arrival of Ryles Kuat was less surprising, but just as unnerving. He was beat to hell and covered in blood. She saw Sethe look at her, but turned away, still pissed at him, and folded her arms, walking over to where Ryles was talking to Lucas in Kuatii. It was relatively heated.

"Tseneca." Ryles said, his voice low.

"Rylii." She was reminded of Bespin, his outburst in her room. Not to mention the horrible feeling she was forgetting something about him, something dramatically important. "Can I get you anything?"

He shook his head, slowly, and winced with the pain. There was no part if this kid that she trusted. And him speaking in confidence with Lucas only exacerbated her fears.

"Whats going on?" She asked.

Lucas shook his head. "Nothing. Rylii was telling me about what happened. Turns out everyone in the hospital is underground. But I'm wondering about Allison. She hasn't contacted me and I'm worried about radio silence otherwise I'd contact her myself."

"I haven't seen her." Ryles chimed in. and Tseneca also shook her head in agreement. She looked between the two of them, sensing something was going on, but didn't press the matter. Lucas wouldn't lie to her, what would be the need for it. Her distrust lay with Ryles, not her friend.

"We'll keep the channels open." She reassured Lucas. "I'm sure she's safe. Us on the other hand..." She looked about the camp. "We need to figure out how we're going to play this. If Coral thought enough to send us a message, then we're in danger."

"We are in danger just by being here." Ryles muttered, his face starting to swell. Tseneca felt a bitter gratification at his pain, and immediately felt guilty for it. It was always possible she was wrong about her feelings. But she didn't think so.

"Still." She looked at Lucas. "We can't just sit here and wait for them to come."
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Fri, May 13th 2011 07:32pm    Post subject:

With another new arrival, there was now one more to worry about when the Imperials came. He had decided already that the Jedi would be best suited to handle the enemies that were on the way. They would ambush them in the forest, taking them out by surprise. As the conversations waned on between the different survivors, Jase spent time immersed in the Force, reaching out to sense when and where the attack was coming from.

Soon, he could feel the presence of the troops coming closer to their position. There were two groups, moving in from the north and east of the camp. Small and lightly armed, with nor more than 15 troopers and 10 droids each. They must not have been expecting their to be so many at the camp; and only to find the crews of the respective ships that had tried to run the blockade.

"There are two patrols, lightly armed heading towards us from the north and east. I do not know how many of you are versed in battle, but this will not take many of us to combat this threat. Sahana, take Neytiri, Dryas and young Sara there and head off the eastern patrol. Davad, Morgan, Fink was it?... follow me and wait for my signal. Those of the rest that are skilled in fighting should stay here and protect the camp, just in case.

Jase waited in the trees, watching the stormtroopers and droids move closer to the camp. He kept his presence masked and breathed deeply of the early morning air. Dawn was just barely beginning to creep through the forest canopy, a small tinge of gray sweeping across the night sky slowly. IT would be the perfect accompaniment to the deaths he was about to issue.

Once he was ready, Jase leaped from the trees, shouting "Now!" as he appeared to the patrol, raining down blue electricity upon the droids from the air and landing in the middle of them. Before any could react, his saber ignited in a flurry of Vapaad, adding to the ferocity and speed of the ambush.

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Fri, May 13th 2011 11:09pm    Post subject:

"There are two patrols, lightly armed heading towards us from the north and east. I do not know how many of you are versed in battle, but this will not take many of us to combat this threat. Sahana, take Neytiri, Dryas and young Sara there and head off the eastern patrol. Davad, Morgan, Fink was it?... follow me and wait for my signal. Those of the rest that are skilled in fighting should stay here and protect the camp, just in case." Master Denora ordered. Looks like her boredom was to be cured sooner than later.

"Ya heard him, let's go get us some plastic soldiers." Sahana said with great joviality as she skipped off into the forest, waiting for everyone to fall in behind her before she really took a run at it, looking for a readily ambush position, someplace easy for them to hide themselves. She found her place and slowed to a stop. "Wait for my signal to attack. Until then I don't want you doing anything more than concealing your presence. Don't breathe, don't move, don't even blink."

-Moments Later-

They finally came into view, their white plastoid armor making them stick out in the greenery of the forest. Sahana tilted her head as they approached, watching as one passed right under her. Making a quick count as she waited for the 'opportune' moment to strike, she looked over at the Jedi behind her who waited for her signal to attack as the enemy clearly walked below them.

"Master, shouldn't we. . . ." Neytiri began through a telepathic link.

"No no no, not yet. Just wait." Sahana told her, keeping their conversation private.

"Master. . . . . Master . . . . Mast . . ." Neytiri pleaded as the boys in white started to pass them by.

"Fine, fine. For Teddy." Sahana told her as she winked at her, leaping off the branch backwards igniting her sabers as she fell. She opened up on them with full force, showing them the fury of form seven as she became engulfed in a sphere of magenta light.

Expand
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, May 14th 2011 02:04am    Post subject:

Sara leapt off the branch with Sahana, the twi’lek she assumed was Neytiri and Dryas, a multitude of colors ignited from the tips of their sabers and they engaged the Imperials. Sara entered the only form she knew right now, Ataru. She had found it was the best form for her, giving her the most practice with her abilities as possible while honing her saber skills as well. Or in theory that’s how it worked right now.

She batted away blaster bolts trained on her, though the Stormtroopers were in disarray with facing Jedi. It put the advantage in their favor and the troopers and droids began to be beaten back slowly. She concentrated on her corner of the field, using the Force to lift a broken tree trunk from the forest floor and flung it towards a trooper. A satisfying crunch let Sara move on to a droid. The fight went on well enough until she got in close, it quickly sidestepped away from her and extended one of it’s arms in her direction. A small flame was lit beneath, and then she heard the sound of gas flowing. It all happened so fast and Sara barely had a moment to protect her face with her forearm. She willed that the flames would go around her…

The air around her got hot, but she wasn’t burnt. Someone was pushing it back from her, but when she looked around briefly she noticed they were all concentrated on their own targets. Learn under stress, she assumed, quickly regaining her stature she reached out with what control she had left and crushed the arm. That’s what was suppose to happen, but due to her inexperience all that happened was a liquid hose getting disconnected from the stress. That alone was enough to empty a steady stream of fuel to the ground. The weapon disabled, she put the tip of her saber down to the ground and ran past the droid, making sure her lightsaber touched the fuel. In flames the droid tried to extinguish itself, Sara just ran from the droid, feeling the dull thud and a loud explosion behind her.

When she turned she saw only smoldering pieces of droid and flames. Easy, Sara smirked. A wild blaster bolt singed past her and she instantly batted away the next volley, getting back into the action.

Tag: Gelus, Space Jawa, Rem
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest

Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, May 14th 2011 03:34am    Post subject:

Once again, Morgan found himself shooting down the troopers from above, thanks to the ease his lifts gave him in staying on the high ground. With a Jedi of Denora’s status swinging away at them on the ground, it didn’t give them much opportunity to shoot back at him, either.

”Hey, look out for that one!” ZIM warned him of a droid that had taken notice of him.

Morgan put several blaster bolts into the mechanoid’s head, but as it feel to the ground, it let out a few dying shots, and Morgan leapt from his branch perch to another tree that was nearby. Seeing a stormtrooper trying to give orders to a pair of droids from behind nearby log, the cyborg leapt to a new position once again, and armed a grenade as he landed on a branch above them. Dropping the grenade at their feet, he watched just long enough to see their reaction, with the stormtrooper looking up and one of the droids acting with enough intelligence to try to escape the upcoming explosion.

”Yah!” Morgan exclaimed as he flew away from the explosion and finished off the droid that had tried to escape an explosive demise. ”Like shootin’ fish in a barrel!”

”They seem a lot less difficult this time around.” ZIM commented as they landed.
”And I’m not going to complain about it one tiny bit!”

Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, May 14th 2011 03:51am    Post subject:

His blue blade moving in a careful, controlled manner, Dryas advanced more slowly than the others in his group, sufficing to let the others get in close. He easily blocked or reflected any shots that were pointed in his direction, but soon the soldiers and droids were too concerned with the Jedi who were practically in their faces to direct much attention at him.

Using this to his advantage, he closed his eyes and focused on the nearest stormtrooper. Reaching into the imperial’s mind and concentrating, he used a variation on the Mind Trick to convince the soldier that droids were as much a threat as the Jedi were. Soon after that, the first shots of friendly fire erupted amongst the Imperials as one of the droids was downed from behind at the hands of its supposed ally.

By that point, it didn’t matter that the soldier had realized he had made a mistake. He was as more concerned about shooting at the droids to defend himself against them as they switched to classify him to be a threat alongside the Jedi.

With his act of sowing confusion amongst the enemy reaping its full benefits, Dryas advanced and met up with the others, slicing off a stormtroopers blaster arm and sending him flying into a tree with a force push as he caught up with them. The trooper fell unconscious on impact, and while the Bothan could sense life still in him, he doubted it would last long enough for anyone to rescue him.

Expand
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, May 14th 2011 04:46pm    Post subject:

Denora dropped and used lightning on the troopers, forcing Lucas to turn to Tseneca, "Well, you don't see that every day." He was being a little sarcastic, as they dropped down together, Lucas flinging his blade to catch a blast that would have otherwise smacked her in the face.

"I was going to get that one," She said under her breath, forcing Lucas to smirk a bit as the pair engaged a pair of troopers backed up by three droids. Tseneca moved faster than she had from the beginning, she was getting better relying on the lightsaber, then she pulled the blaster from her side and vanquished one of the troopers. Lucas chuckled, forcing her to nudge his side as they stepped behind a larger tree in order to regroup.

Not too far away, an explosion rang through the forest, as Morgan shouted, "Yah! Like shootin’ fish in a barrel!" Lucas rolled his eyes, but conceded to his line of thought. This was a little too easy.

The last of the droids hit the ground, Tseneca stepped over and brought her saber to cut it in half. "Better safe than sorry..." She muttered, as Lucas used the Force to crush them into smaller blocks. "Agreed," he added. Denora finished the last of their party as Lucas tallied the bodies.

"If your numbers are correct, Master Denora, we've got them all." Lucas said, a little pep in his voice.

"No, not all." She pointed to a trooper whispering in what looked like a comm badge. Frak, Lucas used the Force to yank it from the man, as Tseneca shot him from afar. "Now, that's all of them."

"Shit." There would be more of them, and judging by the frantic explanation of the officer, there would be plenty. Lucas looked to Morgan who was just arriving. "I think we just spilled the barrel, slipped, and landed in a pool of hungry opee sea killers."

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Bakura
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15

Jump to: