Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Modified Ghtroc-720 Light Freighter - "Star Raptor"
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Modified Ghtroc-720 Light Freighter - "Star Raptor"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Thu, September 09th 2010 06:35pm    Post subject:

“You know,” Daegon said as he lowered the electrobinoculars, “It’s a real burden being right all the time.”

The two of them were laying prone on a ridge overlooking the spot where the Star Raptor was berthed. The rough clearing he had set her down in was now home to at least a dozen mercenaries who looked like they were cut from the same cloth as the men Flax had brought to the rendezvous. Two of them were fiddling with the controls to the lift while the others milled about in the twilight, watching the sole entrance to the once-secret landing zone.

“Way too many for us to take out,” Daegon said, his heart falling as he realized what they would have to do next. “Even if we still had–” he broke off before mentioning Kaor and spat onto the rocks. “We need a plan. Or better yet, more guns.”

Mal rumbled softly beside him. “<Even more important, we need to find shelter for the night,>” he pointed out. “<The Jundland Wastes are not a kind place at night.>”

“They’re not kind during the day, either,” Daegon shot back. Still, he crawled backwards until he was out of sight of the mercs, then rose to his feet. “But I see your point. We’d better head into town, find a room for the night. Tomorrow we can come up with a way to get her back.” Even as he said the words, he felt a pang of sorrow come over him. The Raptor was very much his home, his pride and joy. The only thing he treasured more in life was Amy. He had already sent her off to Dantooine for her own safety…and now he would have to leave his ship, as well…if only temporarily.

I’ll be back, baby, he thought darkly as he and Mal settled into the speeder. He gently upped the throttle to reduce the chances that the mercs would hear them, and they sped off into the distance.

We’ll be back.

Looking For Work First Previous Next Latest

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, March 27th 2011 08:55pm    Post subject:

The Star Raptor is now at Bakura.

Tag: Moff

"I applaud your efforts. And now that you've insulted me, called me a heretic, threatened to burn me and questioned my gender, I'm completely on board." - Jess
 Back to top »
Daegon Selanno
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sun, March 27th 2011 09:40pm    Post subject:

Daegon cracked an eye open as Mal trudged into the cockpit. As his partner began tapping keys in preparation for their emergence from lightspeed, Daegon unlaced his fingers from behind his head and sat up. “Well?”

“<I did not find any tracking devices or explosives on board, Captain,” Mal reported. “<Your ship is clean.>”

The Corellian let out a soft sigh of relief. It had been hard enough getting the Raptor back from Flax’s goons, and he had expected the Trandoshan to have rigged the ship with all manner of unseemly devices; Flax was spiteful to the core, but apparently he hadn’t expected Daegon to steal the ship back so quickly. Then again, expecting himto expect me is probably givin’ him too much credit, he thought.

“Well, I love it when I’m wrong,” he murmured, leaning forward to double check the drop-out chrono. Ninety seconds to reversion.

Mal glanced sideways at him. “<May I ask what we are planning on doing about your bounty, Captain?>”

Daegon shrugged. “Not much. Fifteen thousand’s good money, but not big enough to draw any hot shots after us–”

“<You.>”

He glared at Mal. “–so we shouldn’t have to worry about lookin’ over our shoulders all the time. Just gotta think twice about who we’re dealin’ with while we’re out on the Rim, and we’ll be fine.” The chrono buzzed in front of him, and he settled into his seat before wrapping one hand over the hyperspace controls. “Okay, dropping out in three, two, one…”

Through the viewport, the starlines shrank back to their normal size–

–and the very space before them seemed to explode.

“Fierfek!” Daegon jerked back the yoke to avoid the tail of a heavy cruiser directly in their path. Malbacca moaned as the Raptor skimmed the behemoth’s hull by scant meters, their shields almost touching. Daegon could see dozens of ships in Bakura’s orbit, along with swarms of fighters too numerous to count. Currently, the attacking force was concentrating on a cluster of civilian freighters trying to break the planet’s gravity well…and failing.

“What the blazes is going on?” Daegon asked incredulously, not expecting an answer from his copilot.

Mal pointed a hairy finger at the canopy, and as Daegon rolled the Raptor to port in order to avoid a blazing cargo hauler he saw the familiar triangle of a Star Destroyer pouring fire into the freighters. “Frak me,” he groaned. It never goes smooth, he complained to himself. How come it never goes smooth?

With little choice but to head for the ground now that they were inside the killzone, he gunned the sublight engines and pulled a hard right, narrowly avoiding a volley of turbolaser fire from the cruiser they had just buzzed. A trio of sleek fighters pulled away from their attack run on a crippled passenger liner and burned hard towards them, so he jabbed a finger at Mal’s controls. “Three bandits at forty degrees, you see’em?”

“<I see them,>” Mal answered, rising from his seat and all but leaping for the ladder to the dorsal turret. Daegon checked the concussion missile racks; no good, they were down to their last four missiles. Better save’em. Above and behind him the Raptor’s dual laser cannon pod opened up, stitching a line of cannon bolts through the incoming flight. One shot nicked the wing of the leader, but the three fighters scattered like the fingers of a hand before closing in on separate angles; two from above, one from below.

Instead of heading straight in like they no doubt wanted him to, Daegon dove and fed more power to the sublights, heading straight for the lone fighter below them. Mal’s cannon fire vaped its shields, and it rolled out of the way before the Raptor could run it over. The ship shuddered as the other two Imps followed Daegon’s maneuver, pouring bolts into the rear shields.

This is gonna get pretty interesting, he thought as he pulled towards the two halves of a bulk freighter, slipping between them with meters to spare. One of the Imps tried to follow and plowed into its weakened hull, cracking it like an eggshell. His comrades were smarter and adjusted course to whip above and below it before coming together again to resume firing. Blast.

As Mal returned fire with the turret and the rear ion cannon, Daegon activated the comm and selected an open channel. Not a lot of options left…so much for being subtle. “This is the freighter Star Raptor to any friendly ships in the area, we’re under attack and heading groundside. Anybody still alive out there?”

Tag: Han, Alex
The Invasion of Bakura First Previous Next Latest

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Modified Ghtroc-720 Light Freighter - "Star Raptor"
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: