Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Star Wars: The Clone Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, October 08th 2009 03:49am    Post subject: Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The second season is now officially underway. The second (third?) episode of such is this Friday. I can't possibly be the only one here who's watched some of it, can I? Enjoying it, I could believe, but there has to be someone else here who's seen at least an episode or two.

So anyone else? Anyone out of those people who's enjoying watching the series each week?
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, October 08th 2009 10:36am    Post subject:

I liked it. The show's pretty good, actually.

Expand
 Back to top »
Alister Mako
Vader

Post Posted: Thu, October 08th 2009 11:38am    Post subject:

I've only liked the Yoda episode. Well and Cad Bane was kinda a badass, but aside from that, the entire show is terrible. However I will give it this. It has proven that they should have gotten the guy doing Anakin's voice to actually PLAY Anakin in the movies :p
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, October 08th 2009 05:35pm    Post subject:

As far as I'm concerned, Matt Lanter is Anakin Skywalker from 22 BBY to the suit.

Expand
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, October 08th 2009 05:39pm    Post subject:

I hate everything about Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Except the episodes with Cad Bane, or as I like to call him, The Uber Awesome. I only watch episodes without Ashoka in them. Those always suck.
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Thu, October 08th 2009 06:34pm    Post subject:

Ahsoka sucks. She's the only Star Wars character in history to be even MORE of a whiner than prequel Anakin.

Anyway, the show's pretty good, if targeted towards younger kids. Cad Bane does manage to be pretty awesome, but my biggest eeve is how Lucas has decided that the show will follow the Episode III version of Grievous and portray him as a complete pansy, instead of the badass he was in the original 2D animation.

Expand
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, October 08th 2009 06:52pm    Post subject:

Duh. Because in Lucas' world, villains cannot be badasses. They're all cowards or morons, period. Even Vader falls prey to it.

Expand
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, October 08th 2009 07:24pm    Post subject:

You know in the previews of the next few episodes? And you see Geonosis? I pray that's the second battle or something... Or Lucas will have forever destroyed Star Wars :p

I Just now noticed how he protrays villains.
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Thu, October 08th 2009 07:38pm    Post subject:

The only exception to the cowards and morons are the ones that appear for two seconds, are competent or even good, then die. Veers (originally died in the novel, retconned to a "mere" maiming after a Veers character was mentioned—and killed—in Dark Empire), Thrawn (he only exists past the three books that feature because Timothy Zahn did to the Chiss what Karen Traviss did with the Mandalorians, and Lucas didn't really interfere in the EU then), Piett (splat, boom)... there are no competent commanders in the PT itself, except Palpatine of course. And even then, he apparently loses 99% of his brainpower 23 years later...

So, yeah. Can you tell I don't really agree with George's black-and-white view? :p

I mean, seriously... I was watching ROTS the other week. And the Jedi lines are so ridiculously hypocritical and dangerous that the only reason they aren't immediately classed as power-hungry psychotics with magic powers is George Lucas' sheer force of will.

Expand
 Back to top »
Maximillion Cyrus
dudop

Post Posted: Mon, October 12th 2009 12:05pm    Post subject:

Piett was a coward. "Yes, Lord Vader" "Right Lord Vader" "Whatever you say Lord Vader" "I'm on it Lord Vader" "YOU! DO WHATEVER LORD VADER TELLS YOU!" "Sorry for shouting Lord Vader."

If they had given him enough dialog, he would have sounded just like that. :P
 Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, October 12th 2009 12:31pm    Post subject:

Acknowledging orders was the only dialog he got. It's hard to call him a coward from that. :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, February 08th 2010 10:36pm    Post subject:

So, we're on a new chunk of the second season. I really like how the show has pretty much shaken it's "kiddie cartoon" veil and given us a nice, hard look at life in the Star Wars galaxy... and not always through the eyes of someone with a lightsaber.

It's actually to the point I have to juggle my TV scheduling, because new episodes of CW and Caprica air at the same time... 9 PM. :( Thank God for encores and CW West. :p

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, February 09th 2010 09:38pm    Post subject:

I haven't been bothering with SciFi lately, so there's been no problem on my end. I also like that it's somewhat paired up with Batman: B&B, since I'm enjoying that show as well.

And still enjoying it. Liked the new elder jedi that showed up a few weeks ago - hope we get to see him make another appearnce sooner or later.

It's also interesting how, with all the complaint that were thrown out about the possible troubles with introducing mandalorians and ruining them, both the episodes involving them so far have, at least as far as I've heard, been really well recieved. Granted, I can understand why they might have been worried about it to begin with (with such things as changing Ryloths orbital mechanics), but it comes across interestingly with the worries vs. the results.

Also, I'm still unable to get past and ignore the little question of why Grevious landed on that planet only to call for someone to pick him up. It's probably the biggest problem I've had with this season thus far. It may be a relatively small thing, but I just can't help but see it as nothing more than an excuse to give Obi-Wan another chance to chase after him.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sat, April 24th 2010 11:35pm    Post subject:

I figured I'd share my little rant with you guys. :p

Quote:
You know, I'm beginning to grow weary of the cliched—and often childishly ignorant—social commentary from this series. I kinda had a Harry S. Plinkett moment last night after this episode, and realized just how truly screwed up the messages implanted by the writers are. "Who your father was is less important than your memory of him." Oh really? So, if your father was, say, Heinrich Himmler, all that matters is he gave you these nice gold trinkets at Christmas and hugged you and told you bedtime stories... not that he has the blood of ten million innocents on his hands. Yeah, okay.

Also, isn't that "moral" also a tacit justification for Boba's attempted murder of Windu, the destruction of the cruiser, and the deaths of several clones? :{

On top of that, you have the deliberate strawmanning of any opponent of Padme's political positions who is in turn being turned into a vacuous ultra-idealist who seems to be unable to see any kind of pragmatic solutions. Oh, how do we end the war with the Separatists? Oh... let's cut back trooper production. Yeah, no way that could ever backfire—OH WAIT. IT COULD.

She's portrayed as some kind of uber-pacifist... well, except when she needs to be the action hero, instead. Then she blasts away at droids and living beings with zero compunction. At least Satine remained consistent. Padme's just become an author mouthpiece and a raging hypocrite.

And speaking of the fair Duchess, remember when Anakin cut a couple new orifices into that Senator that was about to blow up the ship and kill everyone on board? Remember the Senator's gloating to Obi-Wan, about how Satine was unable to strike him down because of her pacifist beliefs (yeah, sweetheart... real nice of you. Kill yourself and everyone else on your principles. God, being a hero is really sweet in SW. You can be as stupid or deranged as you want and you're automatically in the right), and if Obi-Wan did the deed, then he'd somehow be sullied in Satine's eyes. Well, forgive me, but isn't he already? I mean, remember Darth Maul? Or the other sentients Obi-Wan has to had to kill in the line of duty? Ah well, I guess it'll make Satine stop loving him because she'll actually see it or something.

And for that matter, WTF Kenobi? Really? Your petty little crush--which you, as the orthodox Jedi archetype that you are, should know is forbidden--is going to stop you from saving the lives of the entire Senatorial entourage? He was going to blow the ship up! You could have, at least, taken off his hand! Hey, then your girlfriend won't hate you—even though you've taken lives and maimed people before--and you save everyone. You do your job as a Jedi. Oh, but I guess rekindling a forbidden attachment to a girl you had a fling with a while back is so much more important than, say, the lives of several dozen other people.

And then, when Anakin finally does stick the guy from behind, we get the Imperial March? Okay, okay... yes, he killed him, and yes he stabbed him from behind. Kinda shadowy, but still. Is Anakin saving the lives of the Mandalorian Senate delegation (plus several other officials) really so evil because he had to kill the guy threatening them to do it? I mean, yeah, it's a kid's show and yeah some political/social commentary is bound to leak in. Family Guy, the Simpsons, and Futurama have steeled me against the bulk of it... but this show seems to jump to extremes. I mean, I love the rest of the show, but these aspects just jump out at me and temper my enjoyment of it.

Expand

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Sun, April 25th 2010 12:29am    Post subject:

Must...not...mess....with...continuity!

*shakes fist at Clone Wars*
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Sun, April 25th 2010 10:56am    Post subject:

Which continuity things have they messed up? Well, besides Traviss' crap?

Expand

Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, April 25th 2010 11:45am    Post subject:

In response to the rant, I have but this to say:

Embo. Caphat. Yeah.

Yes, I know he said he enjoys the rest of the show, but still...
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, April 26th 2010 02:42am    Post subject:

If they made this an episode, I'd watch it several times over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knk3IIUa7xU
Maximillion Cyrus
dudop

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 04:31pm    Post subject:

I thought that was the movie :P
 Back to top »
Xerros Orade
Cheapy

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 05:03pm    Post subject:

We need more "Anakin acts evil" moments, like in the Geonosian parasite one where he tortured Poggle.

Whosaywhatta?
Quote:
"Que?" - Me
"Queso?" - Jase
"Che Cosa?" - Alex
"Who say what now?" - Space Jawa
"...Remind me again why I don't set you all on fire?" :P - Moff
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 05:23pm    Post subject:

Agreed :twisted:

I've changed my views a bit on the Clone Wars show. This season is better than previous ones, but still, hate Ashoka's guts :p
I watch the show regularly now with my little sis. But still, no matter how much she asks, I will never watch an episode with Ashoka. If I see her at all, I get up and walk away :lol:
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 08:34pm    Post subject:

If you do, you'll miss her fateful encounter with the giant blender droid. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 08:48pm    Post subject:

True :P
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, April 30th 2010 10:13pm    Post subject:

...Wow. The finale was pretty good. And before anyone has a fit about Slave I crashing, I'm pretty sure they were able to fix the terrible damage to one wing and the windshield. <_<

Okay, it probably got smashed a bit in the crash, but still... we know it survives. I'm sure the damages were definitely fixable in the quarter-century between CW and ESB. :p

Expand

Back to top »
Shayera Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, March 11th 2011 10:24pm    Post subject:

Well, tonight's episode knocked off one of the Coruscant Nights novels. This is the second open assault on the novel/comic canon, with the first being rewriting Asaaj Ventress' backstory and termination of her Separatist career. So... honestly, guys... please keep Unity going. I don't want to start anything new while this show's running; something important will get retconned. :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » The Cantina » Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: