Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Denora Academy- Bogden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Denora Academy- Bogden
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Sun, October 03rd 2010 10:33am    Post subject:

"If and when I decide you have need for such a powerful and dangerous technique, Sahana, I will teach it to you. Using it too much can be a threat to the health of the user. And even you will admit that you can be too eager at times. Now, stop staring, it is impolite." Jase told her, though she was annoyed with his lack of faith in her learning such a technique, she was wondering why he bothered telling her staring was rude, it's not like she cared. But she stopped none the less as she noticed him get up and put some space between her and himself. But as he sat back down, he waved his hand, causing Sahana to smile as she knew exactly what was going to happen next.

Sahana turned her attention immediately back to Dryas, waiting for the go ahead. "You may duel, so you may begin the next phase of training Dryas; and finish your previous match. No lightsabers..." Sahana's right eye twitched as he said the last part of that sentence, she was eager to test her new sabers out and show Dryas what saber skills were really like. But she obeyed but started immediately. This school was littered with hidden weapons, most of them her doing. So it wasn’t hard to find a substitute weapon.

"Now the fun begins." Sahana said as she stood up, flipping the table towards Dryas as she did to give her cover. She then force pushed the table at him while force pulling a Zabrak Carbine Rifle that was attached to the bottom. The moment it landed in her hands, she switched off the safety and began peppering the table with repeated fire. The semi sized dining hall filled with the glow of the blaster fire along with the repeated high pitched repeating noise. She had forgotten how good it felt to fire a rifle, too bad she didn’t have her baby on her.

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, October 04th 2010 07:23am    Post subject:

”Of course.” Dryas thought to himself as he leapt backwards to dodge the table that had been thrown at him. ”Of course this is the way it would happen.”

When Denora had said ‘no lightsabers’, he had assumed it meant a battle of Force. Not until Sahana had pulled a blaster weapon had he considered that ‘no lightsabers’ was probably the only limitation to what they could do.

”Well done, Dryas.” he said, scolding himself as he landed and halted the table in front of him. ”You really thought that one through.”

The table functioned as cover for the moment, but it was clear that blaster shots would start coming through any moment. Concentrating on where the fire was heaviest, and consequently, the wood was weakest, he snapped the table in half. One of those halves then found itself flying towards Sahana, while the other was moved to provide just a little bit more cover for Dryas.

The crash of the table half across the room, combined with the sensing that the firing was coming from a new angle, informed him that he had missed. Clearly, he could tell that if he tried to fight Sahana this way, he would loose, and he would loose quickly and likely in a sad and pathetic manner.

”He’s trying to make a statement, isn’t he? That has to be what this is about.”

Fighting with ranged weapons was something that she was accustomed to, while he had only basic training. That gave her the advantage. If he was to win, he would have to change the nature of the fight.

To start, he would have to bring it from range combat to close combat.

Pushing the nearly ruined second half of the table in the Zabrak’s direction, Dryas pulled a new table in front of him as cover just in time for it to fill in the gap. As the table flew forward, he attempted to charge at Sahana with his new cover. He was surprised, however, that there wasn’t a crash from the table hitting anything, and soon came to realize that the table had been thrown back at him.

As the old table half impacted with his cover, Dryas leapt up over the two crashing tables and delivered a force push in Sahana’s direction, which knocked her towards the floor. She took it in stride, however, and turned it into a roll that brought her back up onto her feet ready to continue firing. Dryas followed suit, however, hitting the ground in a forward roll. He came up fast enough to direct a Force Push at the woman’s legs, but it was countered.

Taking a temporary boost of speed, the Bothan closed the gap, taking a few shots across his arm before he was close enough to strike. It was a punch across the face that he put as much might into as he could muster, and was almost ashamed at just how good it felt.

Almost.

The punch certainly connected. He felt as much in his hand, and the force of the blow could not have been ignored entirely. But with as far backwards as she flew, Dryas knew immediately that he could not possibly have hit her that hard. She had moved with the blow, using it to push herself backwards until she came in contact with the wall near an exit.

”That’s right…” Dryas thought as he rushed after her, using the fact that he was still on his feet to his advantage ”you need to keep her from getting away again.”

No doubt looking for a replacement weapon, Sahana picked herself up and tried to burst out of the room, but didn’t quite make it. Dryas was close enough to lunge and throw his arms around her before she could escape, using their momentum the drive them both into the wall on the other side.

“Where you going?” He shouted as the two impacted. Before the two hit the wall, however, Sahana lifted her feet up to catch the wall, allowing her to use the momentum to her own advantage.

“If I'm going to be manhandled, I'd rather do it in my room.” The Zabrack said in what was clearly a playful tone as she countered Dryas’ attack, bringing them both to the floor. Undaunted as the impact landed Sahana on top of him, he quickly swung his legs up and around to lock them around in front, an attempt to solidify his hold on her till he could figure out a way to turn his current situation around.

“Keep dreaming, woman.” The Bothan said through clenched teeth as he tried to transition his arms around the back of her neck for a full nelson. He was forced to keep them where they were, however, as Sahana lifted her head up and brought it back down to impact with his nose.

“Guah!” he exclaimed, and moved his head aside to avoid the obvious follow-up. As the head came down the second time, he instead was able to bite onto her hair along the side of her head, keeping her from pulling it back up in a manner that would allow her to get the momentum needed to repeat the maneuver.

Even with her head kept more or less in place, however, Sahana struggled to break free, though with little success. Dryas was determined not to let her go, and only held on tighter as she tried to break free with her arms.

“You want to call it a draw?” Dryas asked through clenched teeth. While he was sure he could find a way to advance the fight in his favor sooner rather than later, given the situation he would be happy to take what he could get. Not that he’d be surprised if, even if she did agree, she’d no doubt continue the fight after he actually let her go.

“There is no giving up here, and there’s certainly no surrender. Besides, I’m enjoying this.”

As she offered her reply, he could sense that something was amiss. He wasn’t sure what, but he knew it couldn’t be good. She had something up her sleeve, he just knew it.

“Who said anything about surrender?” Dryas asked, hoping to get her to reveal what she was planning. “I have the advantage. It’s only a matter of time before I use it to beat you. What I’m offering is something that benefits us both. You don’t loose, and I don’t have to put up with this as long.”
“Where's the fun in that?” She replied as Dryas heard clawed footsteps nearby. “I'm far from done.”

Managing to peek a glance in the direction of the noise, he caught sight of something that was far from a welcome sight.

“There’s a Nexu?” he found himself asking.

“Kitten!” He heard Sahana exclaim.

”The Nexu is hers?” He found himself thinking, then quickly corrected himself. “Of course it is. Why wouldn’t it be.”

Trying his best to concentrate, Dryas tried to reach out to the creature and convince it that the fight was none of its concern. Trying to keep his grip on Sahana, however, made the task particularly difficult. Quickly taking in mind that it might have protective instinct, he also added that Sahana wasn’t in any real danger. It quickly became apparent, though, that Sahana’s link with the creature was much too great for the trick to work.

“You realize he has to go through you to get to me, right?”
“I can live with that, can you?” She replied, an answer that sadly didn’t surprise him.
“I don't know. How much of you do you think he'll have to go through?” He shot back, guessing at this point that any hope of getting her to call off her pet would likely fail.
“Whatever it takes.” She said.

And with that, Dryas gave up on the effort.

“Sithspit.” He said softly as he let go of Sahana. Immediately, the woman rolled off of him and left him wide open to attack, forcing him to roll out of the way himself to avoid the Nexu’s claws.

As he came up, Sahana was positioned behind her pet, leaving the Nexu free to advance in Dryas’ direction.

”No fear. No fear. No fear.” he slowly thought to himself calmly as he backed his way into the mess hall, not letting the large feline out of his sights. Despite what he expected, however, as rather than follow him into the mess hall, the large cat retreated and started rushing down the hall. Calling Sahana’s fallen blaster rifle to his hand, the Bothan set the weapon to stun as he rushed back out of the mess hall. Aiming the weapon at the retreating beast, he pulled the trigger.

“This just isn’t my day, is it?” He said to himself as the weapon failed to fire, which he quickly discovered was due to a lack of ammunition.

(Joint Post Approved.)
 Back to top »
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Tue, October 05th 2010 03:55pm    Post subject:

Sahana slowed down as she noticed she was not given chase as Kitten was hot on her feet without any interruption. Sahana slid to a stop outside the armory she had been in earlier, pulling the door open with the force. Inside was an assortment of blasters, slug throwers, and several types of explosives. Sahana grabbed a Light Repeater and a small amount of Fire grenades. When she was loaded up, Sahana left the room and rejoined kitten who had been sitting guard outside.

Sahana then cheerfully strolled down the hall with her repeater in hand, focusing on finding the Bothan. Kitten followed closely behind her, making a noise that Sahana could only describe as joy. Either that or se was extremely annoyed and was ready to eat the next thing she saw, either way, Sahana was happy with the outcome. Not being able to find the Bothan, she decided to make her way to the hanger were she had finished her last fight, she thought it would be fitting. That and the open space would allow her to do more without damaging the academy so much.

Outside the door, Sahana stood to one side of the door way, tapping on console to see the door open. She didn’t sense any immediate danger, so she swung around into the room with her repeater up front. She walked in checking more motion as she went. The Nexu behind her ran into the room, its six eyes scanning the room before Sahana told it to hide behind a large stack of crates to wait if she needed it. It obeyed, but watched her with a hungry look as she walked further into the room.

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, October 07th 2010 09:00pm    Post subject:

”Frak.” Dryas thought as he noticed the Zabrack searching the room. ”She got here faster than I expected.” For the moment, he appeared to have gone unnoticed, his prescience in the cockpit of his chosen fighter giving him enough cover to avoid being out in the open.

Following Sahana’s successful escape from his grip, Dryas had possessed few doubts about where his rival would be headed. She was intent on making the fight a shootout again, and to do that, she would be headed to the armory. And there was no way he could have caught her before she got there. Trying to do so would only make him an easy target. And so it had been to the hanger he had gone, hoping to level the fight more on his terms by taking it to the air.

It had been when he had arrived in the hanger and begun looking for the right ship that he realized just how few ships were stored there. Aside from his own fighter and a couple of transports, the only ship present was A-Wing that looked like it had been subject to some modifications.

It was this fighter that he sat in as caught sight of his opponent moving about the room. The startup sequence already underway, Dryas closed the cockpit, powered up the engines and repulsors, and blasted out of the hanger. It was faster than Dryas was prepared for, requiring him to take a moment after liftoff to gain full control, but soon enough he was able to flip the ship around, roll it upright, and buzz by the hanger entrance, practically taunting Sahana to come after him.

”You want a firefight, Sahana? Come get one.”
 Back to top »
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Mon, October 11th 2010 02:28pm    Post subject:

Sahana watched as the Bothan took off in Master Denora's A-Wing. She had been meaning to get a fighter of her own, but they were so freaking expensive, that and she preferred to fight on the ground. So she took her time thinking of what she was going to do. "Master, if I destroyed your A-wing, what would you do?" Sahana asked Jase through the force. His answer came almost immediately after she had asked.

"You would certainly meet an untimely death Sahana." Jase replied, answering her question of what to do right away. She used the force to pick up a smaller object within the hanger and tossed it at the control panel to the hanger door. The door then gave off a loud rhythmic beep and began closing. She then walked over to a similar control panel and began tapping away at the keys, activating the academy's exterior defense systems. She then continued to remove the A-Wings friendly pass into the academy followed by changing the docking codes, not allowing it to open the Hanger door itself. This way, if the academy shot the A-Wing down, it wouldn’t be her fault, it would be Dryas's for not getting out of the line of fire quick enough.

When Sahana was sure she had gotten everything nice and locked up, she whistled over to the Nexu and made her way back into the Academy and down its hallways to her room. Her room was as dark and reflective as ever. The Nexu took its usual spot at the center of the room on a raised platform. Sahana sat next to it, setting her light repeater behind the Nexu and away from the doors sight. Sahana then closed her eyes and began to meditate, calming herself as she waited for the Bothan's return.

Expand
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Wed, October 13th 2010 09:43pm    Post subject:

"Enough!"

The call in the Force was directed at both Sahana and Dryas. Jase grew weary of this posturing; and knew the fight wouldn't end without their being major damage to his precious academy. Just because he was wealthy, didn't mean he intended to spend it all repairing the expensive architecture, with its many hidden secrets.

He shook his head as he walked into the hangar, carrying two cases. Setting them on the ground, he activated the broad comms channel, which would play through the academy and the A-Wing.

"Sahana, Dryas, this rematch of yours is a draw. No arguments about it. I would rather not have you two cause significant damage to my property. Dryas, I am undoing Sahana's countermeasures, return to the hangar. Sahana, grab your favored rifle and meet us here."

Calmly approaching the main terminal, Jase turned off the defense systems and restored the friendly signature of the A-wing, removing every countermeasure so Dryas could return. After he did and Sahana made it to the hangar, Jase kneeled down by the two cases and opened them.

"These are Aratech sniper rifles. They lack the area of effect caused by a Verpine rifle, but they encourage precision. With the day gone, the jungle is quite dark, it is impossible to see without enhanced optics or a species' natural night vision. Dryas, as a Jedi Knight, you will be expected to rely upon the Force more than any of your natural senses. So, we are going to do some target shooting."

"With the night upon us, I will place it upon you to snipe targets that are many thousands of feet away, using no optics. It will be upon you to find a target with the Force; and determine the shot needed to drop it. Sahana and I will show you how we can accomplish this, then I will monitor your practice. Do you understand?"

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Sat, October 16th 2010 09:53pm    Post subject:

"Sahana, Dryas, this rematch of yours is a draw. No arguments about it. I would rather not have you two cause significant damage to my property. Dryas, I am undoing Sahana's countermeasures, return to the hangar. Sahana, grab your favored rifle and meet us here." Sahana sighed. It's not like it was her fault, he didn’t allow her to use her lightsabers, so the next best thing would be large scale weapons. She rubbed the Nexu on its large as she stood up, dragging the light repeater off the ground as she made her way to the armory. She set the repeater in its place and then was put into a dilemma. Was she going to go with her baby or one of the many other rifles she had the honor of firing at people.

In the end she wasn't in the mood for blowing things up, so she leveled with herself and took a modified BlasTech rifle she had Adan tinkering with at one point or another. She had been working on getting a proper sound suppresser on it along with making the laser bolts less visible by using a refined tibanna gas system. When she was done picking through weapons, she made her way to the hangar to see that Dryas was there already. Jase opened two cases revealing a set of Aratech rifles; he then explained the exercise they were going through. Sahana then felt a bit happier about her choice of weaponry as her baby would have defeated the purpose of this exercise.

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, October 23rd 2010 05:13am    Post subject:

Dryas was more than willing to accept the draw. He hadn’t lost per say, and he had kept Sahana from winning, so for now it was enough to keep him satisfied. He would have more opportunities to defeat her in the future, and until then it would have to be enough to avoid starting a loosing streak.

He just hoped their current record of having their battles interrupted before they could reach their natural conclusion wasn’t the start of a trend.

“I…” He began to respond as Denora finished his new instructions, stopping himself as he prepared to say ‘think so’.

“Yes.”

He understood what Denora intended perfectly, he just needed to prepare himself for what would be a difficult task. It would be challenging enough trying to use the sniper weapon in any reasonable capacity, given his lack of familiarity with the weapon. As far as blaster weapons were concerned, he had only basic experience. The sniper rifle, however, he had minimal knowledge about at best.

Then he had to consider that in addition to using the force to locate potential targets, he would need to use it to keep himself rejuvenated. He had hadn’t eaten much recently, and had even less opportunity for sleep. While his Jedi training had certainly prepared him for such things, it was impossible to ignore that they were starting to slowly creep up on him, and would only progress further from here on out.

”All the more reason to get this over with.” He thought.

“Show me what to do.”
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Wed, November 03rd 2010 01:46pm    Post subject:

Sorry for the delay :?

Jase led them to the exterior of the academy and set down the cases. Looking out over the jungle, he gave silent appreciation to the forest. Tests such as these either made or broke his students' will; and it was all due to the ideal location of his academy. The foliage was thick and crawling with many types of animals. There were enough targets, all they had to do was find them.

Opening a case, Jase spoke as he began to assemble a rifle. "As you have learned through your padawan training, the Force connects us all. It is a living, breathing tool that is the connection between all living things. Those that are sensitive to this tool, can manipulate it to great extent. It is the use of this connection that will allow you to accomplish your present task."

He finished putting the rifle together and loaded the magazine. Setting the bolt, Jase raised the rifle and closed his eyes, adjusting the barrel of the rifle as he searched for a target. "You must search the Force connections as they radiate out from you. The will be strongest around you, so it may be confusing at first. It will branch out in all directions, flowing between life forms. You must impart some of your own connection to your target, in order to to fire with the accuracy needed. Only when you are connected to your mark, will you know that your shot has struck truly."

"There is a bird, Sahana... nearly two-thousand feet away and to the southeast. Please verify my kill." Once he was sure of his shot, Jeice stopped moving the rifle and held his breath. he squeezed the trigger and the crimson bolt shot out into the foliage. There was a loud squawk from far off in the jungle, which ended shortly.

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Expand
 Back to top »
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Sun, December 05th 2010 03:41pm    Post subject:

Sahana felt silly and bored following Master Denora out into the forest. It’s not like she was going to learn anything from this exercise that she didn't already know. The fur ball Dryas was not a youngling, he was a padawan, Master Denora was more than equipped to teach Dryas himself. And yet he had Sahana following them around like she would have something to add to this exercise. "What is he planning?" Sahana thought to herself as they stopped out in the dark forest and Jase assembled his rifle.

"There is a bird, Sahana... nearly two-thousand feet away and to the southeast. Please verify my kill." Jase asked her. Sahana rolled her eyes at Jase's pointless gesture but followed his command none the less. She closed her eyes and reached out through the forest in front of her, finding what she assumed to be his target. When she heard his blaster fire, she felt a small glow, a small life, disappear.

"I think the squawk said it all." Sahana said, but then she pulled up her own rifle and took aim, closing her eyes, then squinting them open as she opened fire, firing eight shots in rapid succession. One shot would have done, but what she had done was a work of art, or at least in her opinion it was. About fifteen hundred yards out, she shot a renda bear dead, carving out a smiley face with the blaster holes she put into the beast. Sahana then looked over at Dryas. "Your turn fur-ball." Sahana said with an unusual tone in her voice, though a smile still crept at the edges of her mouth.

OOC: If you were waiting on me to post, sorry, I got held up and assumed you would instead.

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, December 10th 2010 06:22am    Post subject:

Dryas simply ignored the Zabrack’s comment as he picked up one of the rifles. Closing his eyes, he let his senses flow freely as he searched for a suitable target. If he had to do this, he was going to do it his way.

There was no shortage of potential targets around them, at least by what he assumed Denora and Sahana’s criteria were. But as he reached out and stretched his senses, he took several minutes as he made an effort to distinguish between them and find one that was suitable by his own criteria. As his breathing slowed, one particular life sign began to draw a particular amount of attention to itself.

By what he could tell, it was a feeling of distress. He couldn’t quite tell whether the animal – a small rodent of some kind – was being hunted or was injured or what its situation may have been, but he could tell that it was highly likely the being wasn’t far off from dying anyway. Which made it the perfect target.

His breathing still slow and steady, Dryas finally raised the weapon and aimed. His eyes remained closed as he held his breath and pulled the trigger. Even if he had opened them, it wouldn’t have made any difference, since it was impossible to actually see the critter directly through the foliage. The result was the same anyway, as the shot hit true and the sense of fear emanating from the target died with the creature that was emitting it. Arguably, it was a mercy kill.

Dryas opened his eyes as he lowered his weapon and allowed himself to breath once again.

“One shot.” Dryas said, surprised he had actually pulled it off. As a sort of reward, he allowed himself to ‘snipe’ a comment back at Sahana. “I don’t suppose anyone’s ever taught you about conservation of ammo, have they?”
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, December 26th 2010 06:39am    Post subject:

"What a glorious age for the Jedi that a padawan can speak to a knight so flippantly...", Jase said dryly. The bothan was progressing much faster than he had anticipated. Even the advance training Jase had been giving to Dryas was accomplished at a rate similar to when he had taught Sahana.

Closing his eyes, Jase focused on the Force. The rifles levitated from their users' hands and disassembled in mid air before coming to a stop in their respective cases."Sahana, go tend to Neytiri, she should be awake and able by the morning... do what you must to make it so."

Once Sahana was gone, Jase sat on the ground, crossing his legs in a classic meditative position. He looked to Dryas and moyioned for him to do the same."Up til now, you have been taught of what the Order stands for and what a Jedi is expected to be. However, I want you to tell me what you believe a Jedi must represent."

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, January 11th 2011 05:13am    Post subject:

“My apologies for stepping out of line, Master Denora.” Dryas said once Sahana had been given the opportunity to leave. He hadn’t realized until after the Jedi Master had said something that his comment might have been out of line.

Clearly, Denoras former apprentice was getting to him more than he had previously suspected or he had any interest in admitting. He would have to take greater care in the future to keep her from pushing his buttons.

The thought of trying to explain his behavior crossed his mind as he sat down, but he considered that Denora probably wouldn’t be interested in it. At best, it would seem like a waste of breath, at worst it would sound like he was trying to make excuses to absolve himself of any wrongdoing. No, it would be better to simply cut straight to what Denora wanted to discuss.

”What should the Jedi represent?” he asked himself as he closed his eyes and considered the Jedi Masters statement. It was not a ‘question’ he wanted to consider lightly.

Dryas was certainly no stranger to the various ideas and schools of thought on what Jedi should be. However, he had never really found any reason to consider the philosophy of those ‘outside’ of Luke’s academy on Yavin IV to be superior to what he had been taught in all his years as first a youngling and then an apprentice.

He had to consider his words carefully, however. Regardless of his actual beliefs, he had to make sure that his answer didn’t sound like something that had been drilled into him without any thought of what it actually meant.

“I believe the Jedi must represent a force for the greater good of the galaxy.” Dryas said once he had considered his answer. “It is our responsibility, as those who have been gifted with a connection to the force and been given the understanding to utilize it our fullest potential, to be there as a reason for the rest of the galaxy to believe that in the end, the grand scheme of things will turn out all right.”

”As a source of hope, so to speak.” he thought to himself, though that last bit he refrained from tagging onto what he had already said. He was already unsure about the specific wording he had used, and thought it best perhaps to see how Denora took his initial answer before continuing further.
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, January 16th 2011 12:34am    Post subject:

"Hope and the greater good?", Jase asked, raising an eyebrow. An interesting response, at least it was honest. Nearly every other student responded with the same morals and doctrines they had been ingrained with from childhood. Though Jase would hardly agree with the answer, he had to give merit to Dryas for choosing a path that seemed to mirror his personality and individual styles.

However, there was always room for more testing. Jase did not enjoy conversation without purpose and this would merely be another opportunity to push the bothan. Another chance to show that very second at this academy would push him to learn. "As a Knight, you will be required to endure many tasks, many of which will find you acting upon your own and making decisions in the name of the Jedi. Let me propose this scenario: A primitive people have been enslaved by a more advanced clan. You have been called to deal with the situation. Negotiations go poorly, yet the amount of enemies of the more advanced clan is manageable for your combat skills. However, the primitive people are hopeless savages, doomed to short life spans, ignorance and infighting. Under the rule of the more advanced clan, while slaves, they will experience a quality of life superior to what thy have known in the past. How do you resolve this? What choice will bring your hope and greater good to fruition?"

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, January 17th 2011 04:48am    Post subject:

Dryas considered the question, resisting the urge to provide a quick answer, especially when he couldn’t be entirely certain that his head was clear as it needed to be at the moment. At its core, it seemed a simple enough question, but Denora had been careful to add several additional angles which complicated the matter. It required he take additional care to consider the full potential ramifications of whatever his choice was.

“Your scenario indicates that these savages are not as hopeless as they may first appear.” Dryas said once had given himself plenty of time to consider his answer. “Perhaps they lack the ability to start on a path to a better life on their own, but I see no reason to believe that slavery is the only hope for the more primitive tribe. Nor should enslaving a less advanced culture be the best means for the more advanced clan to get what they want.”

He took a moment to clear his throat and ensure the rest of his thoughts were properly in order.

“That the negotiations have gone poorly suggests that my initial attempts to convince them that there is a better alternative have failed. Thus, I believe that I should give one last attempt to inform them that there are ways for their needs to be fulfilled without the need to enslave the less advanced tribe, and then give them till I return to the planet to change their minds.

There is no reason to believe that there should be a shortage of individuals in the galaxy who would be more than willing to assist in aiding the more primitive clan in relieving themselves of their savage lifestyle. Especially given the research opportunities that the process would provide. What would be required would be for a team to come to the planet in order to study the primitive clan once they have been freed to return to their more natural environment, by force from the more advanced clan if necessary, in order to learn how best to show them the way to a more civilized way of living.

Then, the team could use what they have learned to safely interact with the clan and civilize them in a relatively peaceful and humane fashion. If another Jedi was not selected for the task, nor was a suitable security team provided, I would then remain with this team to protect them and the more primitive clan from the more advanced clan in order to ensure that they would avoid interfering with the aid being given to their former slaves. At least until such time as they can be trusted to interact on more peaceful terms.

While unfortunately, it is true that members of the more primitive clan would fall prey to the more violent lifestyle of their ancestors until such time as they can be taught a more peaceful way of living, I believe that for the sake of their future generations it would be a necessary evil. After all, wars are rarely won in a single day. So to speak.”

His answer complete, Dryas allowed himself a breather and waited to see what Denora’s reaction would be.

Expand
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Fri, January 21st 2011 11:47am    Post subject:

"How interesting... you maintain that there is still the chance for diplomacy? As well as wish to enhance the quality of life for the downtrodden? Truly you have the sensibilities to speak of standing firm in your beliefs. Let us hope you will be able to put it into practice. However, understand that sometimes your hand will be forced. If you do not learn how to kill without regret, it will consume you when you do.

Jase stood slowly and grabbed the cases, turning to walk back to the academy. "The galaxy is harsh and unforgiving at its best. Learning how and when to kill will not make you worse, it will make you stronger. Go rest, young Dryas. I expect an answer to my proposal in the morning."

Expand
 Back to top »
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Sat, January 22nd 2011 02:17pm    Post subject:

Sahana shrugged, she had had a comeback in mind, but it seemed that Jase was not in the mood for the antics of younger people or the insubordination of a lower ranking Jedi. But in all honesty, if he had been her student, she probably would have been less playful and more, how would Jase put it, harsh? But with Jase's request, a new found enthusiasm spread across her face. Rarely did he ever tell her do whatever it takes.

Sahana dashed back towards the school as fast as she could, skidding to a slower jog as she got back into the compound. When she got to the bacta tanks, she took a seat, giggling like a little school girl and she mulled over what she was going to do to awake the padawan. When she couldn’t hold her excitement any longer she got to her feet, putting her face to the glass as he fingers tapped upon the glass as images of what she planned to do ran through her mind.

She hoped on top of the tank and popped the hatch open, using the force to lift her unconscious birthday suited body into the air as she started taking off her breather and all the attachments. Sahana wanted to do so many cruel things, but none of them would help prepare her for whatever Master Jase had in mind. So Sahana sat down, setting Neytiri down resting the twi’leks head in her lap. Sahana then put something in her mouth which began to crackle as she lifted the twi'lek's head, forcing some of the spice into her mouth and into her system.

The moment the drugs entered her system, the Twi'leks eyes shot open to see Sahana forcing mouth-to-mouth upon her. She tried resisting, but Sahana held her down in place until she had to come up for air. Sahana then started to pout as her expression turned sour. "I was hoping you would stay asleep so I could use the paddles." Sahana said, referring to the defibrillator which was less than five feet away from the pair.

OOC: Yeah, no excuse for how long it took me to post. I will rile REM to post later today, need some sleep first though.

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 04:01am    Post subject:

Dryas only nodded in response to Denora releasing him to finally go get some rest. Clearly, Denora didn’t quite fully understand the younger Jedi’s stance on things – it wasn’t about the killing, it was about killing unnecessarily. But debating the matter now would do him little good. He had not only to worry about sleep, but also had to put some serious thought into Denora’s offer.

It was not a matter he could afford to take lightly.

Dryas’ eyes opened, but he did not immediately recognize where he was. It felt like he had only just went to sleep.

Already standing, he looked around at the scenery – it the courtyard of some kind of dark colored building constructed of modern, man-made materials. Though grand in structure and design, if was any building that already existed it was not one he was familiar with. The air around him held a strange mystic quality, and the sky above was dark. Black was probably a better way of describing it, in a sense it was as if the sky wasn’t even there.

Then it hit him – he had just gone to sleep. This was a dream.

Not sure what else to do, he walked towards the building and soon found himself walking through the front door. Through it was a large an impressive entryway, though he mostly ignored it as he responded to what felt like something crying out to him from a door on the other side. There was a corridor, and Dryas began to walk down it.

After walking for what seemed to be near forever, he came to another door, larger and more elaborate than either of the two he had walked through before, and on the other side was what appeared to be some kind of throne room.

The room had a rather eerie quality to it. Moreso due to the mystic quality the dream seemed to be giving to everything he had seen thus far. While there were a number of pillars that circled the room, it was largely barren, save for a throne on the far side where there was seated a cloaked figure.

“And so another has risen to challenge me, have they?”

”That voice…” Dryas thought as the cloaked figure rose his furry hand up and snapped his fingers. From behind the pillars came three masked individuals, each wearing an outfit that made it difficult to determine their gender or species, though each looked to be humanoid. Before he could ask what was going on, each of them drew one or two lightsabers, with one wielding a double-bladed saber and another double-wielding. As each ignited their weapons, a blood-red glow filled the room.

“Kill him.” Said the cloaked individual.

Dryas drew his blue straight-hilt saber and easily deflected the first attack, which came from ‘One Blade’. It quickly appeared to Dryas as though the attacker hadn’t even intended the blow to be serious, as the quickly took the block and turned it into a leap over the Bothan’s head. He was unable to take advantage of it, however, as ‘Twin Blade’ followed up, swinging at Dryas and having both his attacks blocked before receiving a force push to the face. Twin Blade took the attack in stride, doing a back-flip and landing on his feet.

‘Two Blade’, who quickly followed up, was more of a problem. The moves came quickly and aggressively, forcing Dryas to pay close attention to deflect them. Soon, it left him wondering if there wasn’t something to the attacks that was too easy. As he began to wonder why the other two weren’t assisting to help finish him off, it hit him. Literally.

From behind, he received a burst of force lightning that soon lifted him off the ground and threw him across the room. His lightsaber dropped from his hand, he smashed into a pillar and dropped to the ground. As he came up off the ground, One Blade practically teleported across the room. Dryas didn’t have a chance to get a defense up before he was stabbed through the chest.

After getting over the initial pain and shock, he looked down to see the blade being pulled out of him and noticed that there was no hole left behind. In fact, he neither felt nor showed any signs of any of the damage he had suffered thus far – no marks or pain from the lighting, no pain from being thrown into the pillar, and now the lack of a stab wound. Clearly, this was unlike any fight he had ever encountered before.

As the three dark force wielders lined up and prepared for another assault, Dryas took a deep breath and called his fallen lightsaber to him. Taking it in a reversed hold to form a sort of impromptu off-hand guard, he brought out his orange bladed curved hilt saber and activated it.

“Fine.” Dryas said, determination in his voice. “Do your worst.”

Expand
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 04:30pm    Post subject:

The sun was rising slowly, crimson glow edging its way over the jungle canopy that halted around the perimeter of the Denora Academy. Jase stood quietly, staring into the dimly lit jungle. A slight breeze blew, stirring the heat and humidity of the environment. It lapped at his robes slightly, a warm wind that brought the smell of the swamps and jungles to his nose.

Sighing softly, he reached into his robes and pulled out a hypodermic needle. He slid his right sleeve up and shoved the needle into his vein. The medicine rushed quickly, abating the palpitations that had begun. The dose had gone from twice a year to quarterly to once a month over the past five years.

Every doctor and specialist had no cure. Merely treatments to halt the spread and buy him time. The one secret he had kept, especially from Sahana. Her becoming a Knight had been a proud moment for him. He wanted her to attain a Master's level and see Neytiri come to fruition before he died. Most of all, he wanted to pass on his rare talents. If Dryas rfused, he would need to seek out a new student.

But, there was no way of knowing how much time he had left. More than a decade at best, he figured, as long as he continued the treatments and his physical regimen. He would die, but die strong. Stashing the empty needle, he turned to enter the academy once more. He would spend the next three hours physically training and meditating. His constant routine. It seemed in no time, though, he was waiting in the dining hall for the others

I must pass it on while I have time...

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 04:04pm    Post subject:

Knowing what the situation was, Dryas was better prepared for the second round. As One Blade came at him, the Bothan one again deflected the attack, but instead of letting the attacker go, he let out a force push at them as the dark Jedi jumped over his head, sending them flying up into the air. This left him wide open to the follow-up attack from Twin Blade, but it was something that Dryas was prepared for.

Knowing that the blow wouldn’t kill him, Morgan braced himself as the saber made its way through his torso. While the burn of the saber stunned him initially, he was able to push the pain away long enough to swing his blade around and cut through his attacker. Not surprisingly, the counter attack didn’t kill Twin Blade, but simply knocked him away stunned.

With Twin Blade’s saber out of him, the pain quickly subsided, and Dryas prepared for Two Blade. Instead of directly confronting him this time, Dryas put substantial effort into simply evading the attacks from the attacker, only blocking when had no other choice. With his mind not as focused on countering the dark Jedi and aware of what was being planned, he was able to keep his focus on the expected lighting attack.

Came it did, and with being prepared for it, he was able to block the lightning with his lightsaber and re-direct it into a surprised Two Blade, who was then thrown across the room. As he impacted with a pillar, the Dark Jedi disappeared, his form dissipating into some kind of mist.

As One Blade came back down to the ground, it caught itself on a pillar and managed to slowly slide its way down, where it regrouped with Twin Blade. There was a moment of tension as the three of them caught their breaths and prepared for round three.

“Be gone.” The robed form on the throne said, and waved away the two force wielders. As they retreated back to where they came from, the form stood and began to approach where Dryas stood.

“Who are you?” Dryas asked, holding his weapons at the ready, but he refrained from actually approaching from his end.

“What, don’t you recognize me?” The figure said, and pulled back the hood of his cloak. What it revealed was himself. His eyes glowed with a kind of darkness, his fur was longer and slightly unkempt, and there was sure signs of corruption running through his body, but Dryas could still tell that it was an older version of himself.

“No…this is ridiculous…” Dryas said, completely at a loss as to what was supposed to be going on. “This is a dream. This is nothing more than a dream!”

“Is it?” The elder Bothan said. “How can you be sure?”
“What else would explain what I just went through?”
“I’m not saying this is real. I’m asking how do you know this is a dream?”

“No.” Dryas said as he deactivated his sabers. “I’m not doing this. I’m not playing any mind games.”

He turned away from his elder doppelganger and proceeded to walk towards the exit. He didn’t get very far before he found himself lifted up off the ground.

“I didn’t intend on giving you a choice.”

Turned around in the air, Dryas was pulled towards his older version.

“So tell me.” The older bothan said. “Is this a dream?”

His throat began to constrict, and Dryas instinctively reached for something that wasn’t there. Realizing what he was trying was futile, he re-directed his attention towards Dark Dryas, and let out a Force Push. His evil version intercepted the initial attack with a counter-force push, forcing Dryas to close his eyes and try to concentrate around his airway being constricted.

Putting all his available focus on his attack, Dryas let loose a push powerful enough to throw his older self back and into the throne he had come from. Dropped to the ground, Dryas caught himself and used the opportunity to catch his breath.

“That’s more like it!” He heard Dark Dryas say as the elder version pulled himself to his feet. The Jedi then pulled out a lightsaber – a dark reflection of his own curved-hilt weapon, except that the blade itself was a dark blood red, much like the minions that he had already pitted against Dryas. Not seeing much of an alternative, the padawan put his first weapon away, leaving him with his own version of his dark copies lightsaber, and activated it.

To his surprise, the elder Bothan did not charge at him. Instead. A number of other lightsaber hilts floated out from under his cloak, and activated in mid-air, revealing a number of shoto-length crimson blades. Thrown with the power of the Force, they flew at Dryas, one after another, forcing the younger Bothan to duck away from or deflect each of them as they came at him.

It was as his attention was diverted that Dark Dryas attacked. His cloak removed in mid-air to leave himself with clothing better suited for lightsaber combat, the dark version of himself came down upon Dryas from above, and his thrust was blocked at the last moment. A moment of pause as the two looked each other in the eyes, then the battle was joined.

Surprisingly, the battle was not as difficult as Dryas would have expected. It wasn’t easy by any means, of course, but Dryas hardly felt himself struggling to keep up.

“If you’re trying to say you’re my future, you’re a poor excuse for it.” Dryas said as he blocked one of his elder forms attacks and countered with a near-hit. Naturally, it was blocked and countered itself as the fight continued in a rhythmic pattern.

“Hardly.” The dark one said, blocking Dryas attack. Rather than aiming for another counter attack, he instead held the blade there. “I’m merely toying with you.”

From behind, one of the shoto sabers Dryas has dodged not long ago stabbed him in the back, leaving Dryas wide open for the older Bothan to cut through Dryas’ saber-wielding arm. This time, however, the damage went beyond the pain, and the arm came right off. Holding his charred stump in pain, Dryas clenched his teeth as he fell to his knees.

“What, you really thought you could beat me? I’m your superior in every way. Older, wiser, more powerful. Perhaps you should take some time to think about it.”

With a massive Force Push, Dark Dryas threw the younger bothan across the room and out through the door he had come. Unlike when he had come through, however, the other side revealed a rocky plateau. He barely managed to catch himself as he fell over the edge, leaving him hanging by his still remaining arm.

“Yes, that’s right. Hold on with your single arm.” Dark Dryas said as he stood on the edge of the drop off. “A lot of good that will do you. Perhaps next time you should be more careful about your actions before worthless hope is all you have to hang on to.”

Not sure how he could possibly change his situation or how much longer the dream could possibly last, all Dryas could do was hang there and listen to the laughter of his older self.

His attention was soon drawn to below, however. From out of the mist that extended not far below the edge of the cliff, Dryas could see something climbing up toward him. Rather, it was several somethings. As they got closer, they revealed themselves to bodies – dead bodies, most of them heavily decayed or mutilated, but all still recognizable. Many of them were people he knew, even if he had never met them – Master Homm, Master Denora, Sahanna, heroes and leaders of both the Empire and the New Republic – and they were all climbing towards him.

He was left with little means of fighting back except to try to kick them down as the reached him, but given how many there were, it was not nearly enough. And once they did reach him, they became adamant about trying to pull him back down into the abyss.

“Goodbye.” His dark counterpart said, and with a force push that wasn’t even all that powerful, he sent Dryas falling down into the darkness that was below…

Dryas wasn’t sure how to respond when he woke up. For several minutes, he simply stayed where he was, lying in bed, with no idea what the dream was suppose to mean or even if it was suppose to mean anything.

When he realized it was morning, though, he decided that perhaps it would be best to try to reflect upon it anyway, at least until it became time to meet with Master Denora and give him and response to the Jedi’s offer.

Expand
 Back to top »
Neytiri
Rem

Post Posted: Sat, January 29th 2011 11:21pm    Post subject:

Neytiri wasn't even shocked anymore by her master's behavior and yet she still wasn't sure how to react to it. Threatening back didn't work, fighting back didn't work, but just taking it made what she did the next time worse. But she couldn't do anything, her body ached and she hadn't ever put a dent into her, even at full strength. Her thoughts suddenly became fuzzy as she felt something playing with her lekku causing her to shudder.

"Master Denora wants you ready by morning; I want you meditating until then." Sahana's thoughts echoed through her head. She noticed it was Sahana's hands playing with each of her lekku.

"Ok." Was all she managed to say before she was pulled to her feet.

"Be ready by then or I'll show you some real fun." She said, leaving her alone in the room. She gathered her thoughts together as she found her stuff and got something on before heading towards her quarters which were baron and silent. It wasn't usual for the Academy to be this peaceful. It wasn't hard for her to find a comfortable spot to sit in to clear her mind but it was hard to fight off the urge to just close her eyes and sleep instead of meditate.

Force Specialty: N/A

Saber Form(s): Ataru

Favored Techniques: Force Cloak/Stealth, Telekinesis

Combat Skills: Infiltration/Tailing
 Back to top »
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Wed, February 16th 2011 02:55pm    Post subject:

Sahana grew bored as she roamed the halls of the school, it had gotten late, and it was about time she got some sleep herself before they moved on to whatever her Master had planned for them in the morning. She pouted when she reached her room to see that Kitten was not within the room. She didn't even follow her usual rituals; she just collapsed on her bed, curling up around a very disturbing object before falling asleep.

By the time the sun started to rise, her eyes fluttered open, as they found their way to the large black Nexu who was asleep with some form of a carcass resting under her paws. Sahana rolled out of her bed, staggering over to the vile creature before tearing a piece of whatever it had been eating. She examined it before shoving it into her mouth with a smile. The chunk was very bloody, maybe only a few hours old. It was unbelievably chewy and smelled far from appetizing, a mix between a wookie and a Gamorrean.

When she reached the dining hall, Master Denora wasn't fazed by her odd behavior, but Neytiri couldn't stop starring at what was in her mouth. "Master. . .What is that in your mouth?" Neytiri questioned her as Sahana's own chewing slowed. Sahana pulled the chunk of meat and bone from her mouth examining what was left of the gnawed piece. Sahana shrugged, before shoving it back in her mouth and taking a seat.

She stared over the food set on the table, it was plain, what she considered the barest and most essential of what you needed, and Sahana got more entertainment out of it than a nine year old on a sugar high. She had shaped some of them into humanoid form as she eat them, giving them names as they fought over who would rule her plate.

When she started growing bored with the battle being waged, she slid the plate over to Neytiri garnering a look of contempt as Sahana stood up and started attacking her humanoid shaped foods with her lekku. "And then the evil twin tentacles conquered all in its path." The twi'lek could do nothing but shudder at her touch before Master Denora stepped in.

OOC: Ever sit down in front of your screen knowing what you want to write but when you go to write it nothing comes out? That’s how I’ve felt for the past several weeks. I had to force this out of myself.

Expand
 Back to top »
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Wed, February 23rd 2011 05:19am    Post subject:

"Sahana, stop playing with your food." Setting down his morning cup of tea, Jase waited for Sahana to retake her seat. "That is precisely one of the things I need to speak with you about, Sahana. Your training of Neytiri is progressing at an abysmal rate. You spend more time torturing her than actually providing lessons that allow her to learn. It is time we found you a way to effectively train her. Lest I regret giving you my blessing in taking an apprentice."

He sent a message out in the Force, urging Dryas to meet them in the hangar, wherever the young bothan had wandered to. "I have an old contact on Bakura. A man who is very good at procuring specialty items.", he said, eyeing Sahana with the stern look of a father. "He owes me a favor. We will seek him out and acquire some archives. both Jedi and Sith, so that you may expand your training routines Sahana. Now then, you have five minutes to prepare and meet in the hangar."

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, February 25th 2011 12:19am    Post subject:

The Bothan hadn’t climbed to the highest point of the Bogden Academy, just the highest point he could reach without spending an unnecessarily long time getting up to and back down from. But it did the job – it allowed him a place to clear his head and think about things away from what counted as civilization on this planet. And it was surprisingly relaxing, too, considering what he had on his mind.

Dryas couldn’t ever remember ever having any kind of force vision before. It just wasn’t among the area of force techniques that was his strong suit. But based on what had learned of them, what he recalled from the previous night did not seem like it should have been anything to be worried about – he should have seen it as a dream, nothing more. So why did it concern him? Why did he feel like he had been given some kind of message last night?

For some time, he simply sat and let his thoughts run through his head, hoping that he might find some kind of new angle to look at it all from that might make sense. It wasn’t until Denora sent him a force message to travel to the hanger that he returned to the real world.

“My apologies for my absence.” He said when he arrived to find Denora already waiting. “I had some things to think about.”

He decided to refrain from telling Denora exactly what it was he had been thinking about. Until he knew that his dream was actually something to be concerned about, it would probably be better to avoid giving the Jedi Master something to worry about that might not have even been worth worrying about in the first place.

Expand
 Back to top »
Sahana
Gelus

Post Posted: Mon, February 28th 2011 01:51pm    Post subject:

Sahana quickly did as she was told, released Neytiri's lekku and finishing up her food as quickly as possible. The expressions he wore on her face was far from her usually happy smile. She then stared at Jase for al long moment before getting up from her seat and leaving. She moved quickly down the halls to the armory, something she seemed to be doing allot lately. Glancing through the weaponry, she made a quick choice.

Sahana grabbed an assortment of grenades; among them was a thermal detonator, an EMP, and a few other surprises. She stowed them away into the pouches of a plain black bandolier. Form the outside, you couldn’t really tell she carried inside them. For a final touch, she grabbed a modified shock glove made to look like nothing more than a normal armored glove.

When she was ready, Sahana turned to leave the armory, being slightly startled by Neytiri's presence. She was so upset; she hadn't even noticed that Neytiri had followed her. Sahana exchanged words with her apprentice as they headed towards the hanger, dropping silent when Master Denora and the mutt were within earshot. When she got to the hangar, Denora was standing in the room alone with the Bothan waiting for the pair of them to arrive.

Expand
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Denora Academy- Bogden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: