Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Carratos
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Carratos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Thu, January 27th 2011 04:39am    Post subject:

Badim looked over his shoulder, seeing Clare, and the subject of Morgan’s question, H6.
“Yeah, he’s here--”

Salutations, awkward, obscure, self-talking insane looking cyborg." H6 announced over Badim's voice. "Query: How can my weaponry assist in killing the ill-equipped organics calling themselves the Ravagers?”

An insult, and offering service was something Badim knew Morgan would probably laugh at. Which meant they would likely get to take part in ridding themselves of these bounties.

A Family Matter First Previous Next Latest

Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, January 28th 2011 04:15am    Post subject:

”Peachy.” ZIM thought for both of them as H6 responded.
”Great.” Morgan said, speaking out loud. ”See you still haven’t fixed that stupid voice problem of his.”

“Clarification:” He heard the unit say from the other side of the comm system. “As I had stated on Nar Shaddaa, several times, there is nothing wrong with my vocal programming. Mismatched organic."
"Calm down, H6.” Badim added “Sorry, Morgan. He came like that."
”Master-!”

”I say you just haven’t tried to fix him hard enough.” Morgan replied. ”Give me a look at him. I’m sure I could…”
”How about you change the subject so that we don’t keep giving him opportunities to shoot his mouth off at us?”
”Oh, all right.” Morgan said, reluctantly admitting that the droid was right. ”So it’s the three of you, then?”

"Not... Quite." Badim shakily replied. "I've got my parents here - I'll explain later. But my dad's a former bounty hunter and his semi-trained wife. She has a bounty we're taking care of here too."

Morgan simply sat and considered this for a few seconds.

”Just how many people did he bring with him?”
”That would be a good question”

”Morgan.” Badim said from the other side when Morgan didn’t respond right away.

”Though I do have to admit, it does make the idea of him joining in a lot more appealing.”
”At least we have that going for us.”

”You know, when you initially contacted me, you made it sound like it was just the two of you. Now, I’ve learned you guys have nearly tripled over there. I don’t suppose there are any other folks you’ve brought along you haven’t told me about yet, are there?”

"No, just the five of us."
”You sure?”
”And promise?”

"Yes, Morgan. We're sure." He heard Clare pitched in.

”Alright then. As long as we’ve got that cleared up. Could you hold for just one minute?”

Not waiting for an answer, he switched the line back to Norrteth.

”Hey, buddy, I’ve got some good news and bad news.”
”Does any of it involve taking care of your initial assignment? This group is not exactly in a key position while waiting for you.”
”Huh? Oh, uh, yes. ZIM?” Morgan said as he remembered what he had initially been sent in for.

”Yes.” The droid said with a somewhat annoyed tone. Or at least his own equivalent. ”I am well ahead of you there.”
”Excellent. Yes, we have a go on that. Also, the bad news is that Badim is dead set on getting in on this mission. The good news is, he brought the whole frakking family. It’s like we just got a whole new squad to work with.”

”That is…dubious in how good or bad it may be. But this one will put him in touch with the leader and see if they can be put to good use.”
”Alright. I’ll make sure he gets in contact with you and then make my way to your position. Morgan out.”

Disconnecting himself and ZIM from the computer terminal, he switched the frequency back to Badim.

”Alright, I’m going to put you back to Norrteth, he should get you in contact with the guys coordinating this whole thing. I’m guessing that if you don’t want to start ticking people here off, you follow his suggestions on what and where you should be doing. Otherwise you’ll probably just come off as another enemy, and we probably could do without having a three way firefight on our hands right now. Morgan out.”

After reloading his pistol, Morgan picked up his rifle and did the same.

”So how many pirates you think are still at the door?” ZIM asked as Morgan made his way to the remaining entrance.

Morgan paused as he considered the droids words. Then hung his head for a moment when he realized what they meant.

”Ah, >_< >_< >_< >_<. :( :( :( :( -frakking-:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: -it.”

He turned back to look at the still open vent system.

”Times like now, I really hate this job.”
”Good thing for me there’s so many things about it you enjoy.”
”True. But I’ve got a good feeling I’m going to have a strong urge to shoot a lot of pirates when I climb out the other end.”

(Joint Post Approved by All Participants)
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, February 12th 2011 03:08pm    Post subject:

”Oh, that look enticing.” Morgan said as he looked through what information was left on the now heavily damaged main computer system of the Ravager’s former headquarters.

“Morgan, have you seen Badim?”

The cyborg turned to look towards Norrteth, who had just returned from what other area of the building Morgan wasn’t sure of.

”Yes and no.” Morgan said. ”Kind of.” He added when he realized his initial answer wasn’t exactly helpful, but just as quickly realized his additional answer was even less useful than what he had started with. ”Er, yeah, I did see them while we were busy killing the pirates and all, but once we had finished clearing their names out of the Ravagers bounty records or whatnot, they took off. They’re probably on their way off planet by now.”
”Better question – why didn’t he try to contact their commlink?”
”Good point. Why didn’t you try contacting their commlink?”
“Norrteth did. However, he failed to get a response.”
”Good answer.” He said.

”Why didn’t you think of that?”
”Why didn’t you think of that?”
”You’re the one who brought it up.”

“Very well. If he’s left the planet, this one supposes that’s his decision. The man in charge had hoped to have an opportunity to talk to him before that, but Norrteth supposes that won’t happen now.”
”I take it the base is more or less cleared out, then?”
“There are some stragglers, but yes, most of the Ravagers have been killed or driven out.”

Morgan picked up a datapad and tossed it to the gand.

”Then check this out.”

Norrteth caught it, and after looking at it for a moment, looked back to Morgan. As hard as the bug-faced alien was to read, it was still clear that there was a non-verbal question as to what had just been given to him hanging in the air.

”Found it while searching through the remains of the computer records. Seems he was a rather important member of the Ravagers who wasn’t exactly in close with them. Kind an exclusive contractor or man for hire or whatever term you want to use. Needless to say, the Ravagers didn’t trust him entirely and had a tracer on his ship.”

“And you’re telling Norrteth this for what reason? How do you know he’s still alive?”

”Granted, I don’t know for sure. But I have a good reason to suspect he is.”

Pressing a couple buttons on the computer, he brought up a display.

”As you can see, his ship is currently on the move. More importantly, it seems to have left very shortly after our attack began. Odds are that’s not just some random pirate who saw the going get bad and stole this guys ship. Odds are, we’ve got a good lock on what could potentially be a nice payday.”

Norrteth looked the information over again, going back and forth between the two pieces of information, then tossed the pad back to Morgan.

“Good work. Go get the Shape ready. Norrteth will meet you there.”

(Click Here to Continue the Story)
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Inner Rim » Carratos
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: