Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Rekindling Activity Plot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Rekindling Activity Plot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 06:34am    Post subject:

Regarding the "Time Leap", as Alex is suggesting. After discussing with Han, Jawa, Alex and myself, we're for the idea of a one month time leap, and maybe periodic jumps as well at certain points. We're not speaking for anyone, and it still needs to go through Moff and Cray, here's the points on why it's good, from what I could gather from the conversation:

1. Most importantly, for those who are locked with players who have left or have gone MIA, it will give players a chance to get their characters out of deadends. Like Sara with Chukles for example.

2. The True Empire will gain more territory, though as discussed it would play as a tactic to the northern portion of the Galaxy. Here's the thought on this one:
Zend returns to a similar area she departs from, Remnant Space (Northwest), returns from the northwest and battles there for a month. The IR and NR build fortifications there and hold the line. Bilbringi is the northern frontline outpost, and with the IR and NR sending forces up there, the southern portion is exposed to attack and a quick grab. Bakura being the first target.

The IR and NR only know that Zend departed from the Northwest of Imperial space (Which hasn't been set in stone, but could be after this point), thus being thought of as the only practical Hyperspace lane to the Unknown Regions, so they logically hold them off there thinking they're safe.
Then Zend makes a push, after getting them distracted in the north, to the south. Surrounding the Core Worlds and ensnaring both sides from all possible angles. Then Bakura becomes the TE's Southern frontline outpost.

3. A personal thing to the inclusion of time jumps, is that we don't have many players. Ten at the most, eight with Jess and Kyp's disappearance. From a number of twelve-fifteen. Cheapy, dudop, Zara, Rem, and Chukles have disappeared. We need to do things a bit differently, as discussed, one thing being making joint decisions, majority rulings in my personal opinion, I'm not looking to overthrow CMAC now.

But with Time jumps, we could make seasons. Like what we've worked on right now is Season one. We ended things in November with some interesting ends. Lucas and Tseneca on zombie world, Badim and Clare with the loss of their baby, Sara with her lightsaber, Zend's reappearance to the Galaxy and Han selling Solo Enterprise. There's a ton more from all over. And Season brakes with periodic time jumps, not too frequent mind you, would help us tie it all together. Just my opinion again.
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 12:36pm    Post subject:

So, I figure Jase and crew will be there to pick up some Jedi/Sith archives from one of Jase's old contacts. Jase senses a dark presence, but they arrive to late to intervene. They assist in the rescue, possibly a brief confrontation between Jase and Lumiya, but they're evenly matched and break off the fight due to some random explosion or something. All hypothetical right now.

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 03:28pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure if I would be comfortable if time jumps were a frequent thing. I was envisioning this to be more of a one time thing to get everyone back on the same page after being quiet for so long. I'm usually one who is against messing with time in any way, but like I told Alex last night, I'm willing to make this an exception so things can get off to a smoother start with this plot. I wasn't intending this to carry on through the rest of the game to use at certain intervals.

That's just my opinion on it, anyway.
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, January 23rd 2011 06:19pm    Post subject:

Well with that portion, it just came to me suddenly while I was typing it in. Kinda like Season ends or whatever, so I typed it in. Besides I didn't mean frequently as in it happens every month. I was suggesting it as more of a maybe every two years thing, or when another warp is needed if there's another slowdown.

For the latter, tomorrow we could have a super influx of players come in, new and old, they stick around for a while and we all get into co-ops with them, then they drop out for some reason and just plain disappear. We might need another warp in that situation.

Better to work out the possibilties now instead of waiting for it to happen, then the game dies because we don't know what to do, having filled our single-only time warp. If that's the case, we could even reserve time warps for drastic needs only. Say restarting the game.

Besides, I think the Leaper gang, and myself, have gone into something like month 10 with how fast we're going :p So a time jump to reset Alex, Jess, Kyp and I with everyone else is good over here.

Long rant short, after thinking about it, we should reserve time warps for emergencies only.

@Jase, Sounds like that'd work to me.
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 12:49am    Post subject:

Sorry for the double post.

I'm going to get Sara to Bakura. I won't make any specific dates, just say something like weeks. I just need to write something, going INSANE!
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 12:37pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I!

I think the proper spelling of this is actually "Aye". That being said: Aye! I love Bakura.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 01:53pm    Post subject:

Hmph!
lol
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 05:43pm    Post subject:

Carn: Are Badim and Clare et all rejoining the Leaper? We are currently floating around with little or no incentive to go to Bakura. We also never used the Exospheric club you set up, so we can make use of that if you want.
 Back to top »
Ams Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 08:35pm    Post subject:

Alex, do you want Selena to head this up? I don't mind sitting one out after Muunilinst (IC, anyway :p).

Expand

----"Moff", CMAC Dreamcrusher, Official Administrative Waldorf and Statler----
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 11:16pm    Post subject:

So, where exactly are we at on this? I would love to get posting soon. :)
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, January 24th 2011 11:21pm    Post subject:

Im cool with whatever anyone wants to do. I have a internal side-plot going, but its contained and shouldn't be an issue in the face of a bigger plot. I might have to do a few posts before time-warping tho. but i'm flexible. :)
 Back to top »
Badim Soilding
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 12:58am    Post subject:

Jess: Yeah, they'll just be floating in their own ship alongside the Leaper, but they'll be joining up with you guys. And we can use the Exo Club later, dunno what to do with that unless Alex has Nico go on another killing spree :twisted:

Though with Badim and Clare, since they're still on Carratos dealing with a gang and a few bounties, they might need to join up with the crew on Bakura.

Here's an excuse to get the Leaper to Bakura though, after the timewarp, Mycah could have damaged the Repulsorlifts on the Leaper, or they could need replacement, since Bakura has tons of Repulsor-tech.

I'm dealing with something over here, of which I'll post about in The Cantina in a second, so I'll see if I can get them going. Other than that I'm good to go after Carratos/Timewarp.
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 04:21am    Post subject:

Ams Jendob wrote:
Alex, do you want Selena to head this up? I don't mind sitting one out after Muunilinst (IC, anyway :p).

Aye, aye! :D I'll post a plot update momentarily, any last minute requests?

Tag: Han
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 04:22am    Post subject:

Hey, Jess/Alex/Kyp, you guys mind if I get Sara over on the Leaper, least temporarily until after Bakura and she goes to Bogden with Jase? I need to do something with her. Please please please :D

You guys could even run into her over at the Exospheric Club ;)
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 04:24am    Post subject:

That might be okay, I do not see why not.

I am trying to plan out why they would be going to Bakura (read your suggestion, and just trying to incorporate why they would travel so far from the Core when KDY is right there. :P)
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 04:33am    Post subject:

Lumiya could send Lucas there. So maybe not a Repulsor thing at all. Dunno, that's up to you guys :p

I got my excuse for B&C after Carratos, Sara will either show up on Bakura on her own or be on the Leaper.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 04:49am    Post subject:

Save the Corellian. Save the Galaxy

Players/Characters:
[Alex]
- - Commander Selena Krauss of the True Empire
- - Lucas Pallanén-Davad
- - Vera Nico
- - Lumiya
- - Kalin Lohden

[Jess]
- - Tseneca Lowry-Fink
- - Sethe Bhren

[Han]
- - Han Solo

[Orrion Carn]
- - Badim Soilding
- - Clare Velez
- - Sara Soto

[Jase]
- - Jase Denora

[Space Jawa]
-- Morgan ZIM

[Cray]?
- - Leia Organa Solo ?

PART ONE

ALL PLAYERS ARE INVITED.

OBJECTIVE: Arrive

Simple as that.

PART TWO

Once everyone gets settled in, check in here. A nice sound off would be cool, but is not necessary before the #^#^ hits the fan. :P
OBJECTIVE: Conquest of Bakura in favor of the True Empire

---- Commander Selena Krauss of the True Empire launches attack on Bakura. Intelligence reveals high level political targets exist on the surface.

---- Raid to capture Han and/or Leia Solo begins. (As a result of the raids, all characters are pushed together in a single "Resistance Camp/Location")

= = = TRUE EMPIRE RAID FAILS TO CAPTURE HAN SOLO = = =
Expand

PART THREE

Objective: Lumiya joins the True Empire

---- Lumiya arrives and declares allegiance to the True Empire, and in exchange for favoritism, provides Krauss with Han Solo

==== Han Solo is captured ====
Expand

PART FOUR

Objective: Rescue Han Solo

---- All characters on the planet take arms and rescue Han Solo (He will be held on a True Empire ship).

==== TRUE EMPIRE HOLDS BAKURA, SOLO AND RESCUE TEAMS FLEE====
Expand
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 05:04am    Post subject:

Please post specific information you would like people to know, including characters I did not list.

I will make a final plot post, and repost in a new thread. This way it stays organized. Nothing I write in here is final and is completely up for debate and changes. Please add what you think will be fun. :D

SPECIAL NOTE: Members of the Blight Leaper crew, you all know who you are, we have grown accustomed to talking and performing actions for each other's characters. This has provided us with many adventures that were in-depth and moved along without too many hitches in the road. Some other players are not used to this, so asking might be necessary. :P

If you are not willing to have someone speak minor conversation for your character, please make a note of that here. We do not want any sticky situations. :) You know your character best. Carn, Jess, Kyp and I have all bonded enough to know how a specific character might react to a situation. Sometimes we get it wrong, and a PM is a quick and easy fix.

Thanks!

Cheers!
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 05:07am    Post subject:

I'm fine with minor conversations. As long as you're not taking decisions away from me, i.e. Badim has the option to go left or right, and someone choices for me. Nuh-uh :p

Minor conversations are completely fine with me.

EDIT: And yes, Alex, I've played other RPGs before, I know how to not speak for others without permission :p
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 12:16pm    Post subject:

Getting to Bakura is not going to be a problem for the Leaper, if anything, I can have Tseneca sent there as a diplomat.

Alex: I have Coral still. I don't mind acting for her if you and admin dont, shes kind of awesome. Keep me posted.

As for godtalking, I don't usually talk to/for others if they aren't leaper crew or specifically asked. Can we still talk for each other in our little group with permissions?

Kyp: Are you minding me putting little things in for you? i know your busy, i don't want to intrude.

Carn: yeah, no problem with Sara. Just have one or more of your characters hail the ship to get things going.
 Back to top »
Clare Velez
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 12:42pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Can we still talk for each other in our little group with permissions?

I assume it's still alright with Alex and Kyp, since it is most certainly still alright with me :D

Badim and Clare won't be contacting the ship, they'll join with the Leaper on Bakura. So I'll have Sara call up the Leaper sometime today, didn't get much sleep last night from the adrenaline of it all, so we'll see.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 01:10pm    Post subject:

okie dokie. I might be getting my annual 2 hour spa treatment later, so I'll post when i can. Yay pampering!
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 02:15pm    Post subject:

Yeah, for some reason that disclaimer popped in my mind. Jess, its cool with me if you want to use Coral! :)

I'm going to post soon. Stuck in the doctors office, lol
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 02:16pm    Post subject:

If people have interest in adding my characters doing conversation and such in their posts, I'd at least like it if they could run it by me, first.

Expand
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Tue, January 25th 2011 03:22pm    Post subject:

The outline looks good to me.

And yeah, no 'godtalking' for me. If you need something to move my character along, I'm usually on MSN to provide a line or whatever you need. This is one of my pet peeves and I'm glad you mentioned something about it before moving forward.

Alex, I assume you're going to set things up with Lohden or do you need something from me as well? I still need to figure out why Han decides to change his mind on selling the company. Also, are we going along with the timp jump and if so, how long?

Tag: Alex
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » Rekindling Activity Plot
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 2 of 27

Jump to: