Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
The Solos' Apartment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » The Solos' Apartment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luke Skywalker
Farmboy

Post Posted: Mon, September 20th 2010 02:21am    Post subject:

Luke's face fell some as Han spoke his next words. While Luke usually had an air of youth about him, he now looked his age. He wasn't a young man anymore, and most mornings he felt it now. Time was passing him by, but still his plate was getting more and more full. Each day he was starting to feel older. He was still in good physical shape, but over the past few years he moved from less of a hands-on master and became more of a mentor and commander, of sorts. And still he had no free time, that little holiday with Mara had been the rare exception.

As Han spoke, all Luke's pent up frustrations started too boil over. "I wish life were that simple Han. I wish that you could retire like a normal citizen, I really do, but you think you're the only one? You think I don't want to settle down with Mara and Ben, escape the galaxy? You think I like knowing that something is going to happen to a family member, but be powerless to stop it? I care about my niece, Han." Luke paced for some time, thoughts racing, before he was able to pull it all back under control.

He breathed in deeply as his pacing slowed. Finally, he moved over to the couch and sat down, his head in his hands. "Han..... I want nothing more to do than to retire, to pass the reigns to others.... but how can I? Imperial command bombed, the Jedi Temple attacked... all in one week. Not to mention all sorts of other problems that keep piling up. I'm getting too old for this, but how can I stop? Our family has become too ingrained in this galaxy to just leave it. I.... I don't know Han. Maybe if we had both just stayed on Tatooine..." Luke sighed, as his mind began to settle.

He thought about Mara, about Ben, about the life he led now. It was a wonderful life, charmed and blessed, despite it's many hardships. In many ways, Han was an older brother, Leia his beloved sister. His niece and nephews were a joy. He had friends and loved ones. No matter what the galaxy threw at him, he could make it. He knew that.

his calm returned, he looked up at Han. "Besides, with the recent attack, it's quite possible the Remnant won't willingly let Jaina go. You know this. You can't take on the entire Imperial Remnant Han, you know this. Let's come up with a plan, and we'll get Jaina here discreetly and safely. We don't want to start another war now." He flashed Han a kind smile. "Have faith in her, Han, in the way you raised her." his smile turned into a mischievous grin, "She has more of you than is probably good for her. She's tough, and she'll be fine. Don't discount her."

Tag: Solo
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Thu, October 14th 2010 11:37pm    Post subject:

Again, Luke went out of his way to highlight the woes of the galaxy and how things simply couldn't be left alone - that they were the only ones to set things straight and knew what was right for everyone. Han was sick of hearing the same tired speech over and over again and had reason to believe that Luke simply was afraid to let go and allow someone else to handle the dirty work for once. Han had come to terms with that a while ago and was prepared to put everything behind him. Still, there was one little spot in the back of his mind that kept wondering if Luke might be right...to some extent...

"Han," he reiterated in a tired tone, allowing himself to collapse back down on the couch. Han followed his motions closely, his eyes continuing to flick back and forth between Luke and his wife. "I want nothing more to do than to retire, to pass the reigns to others.... but how can I? Imperial command bombed, the Jedi Temple attacked... all in one week. Not to mention all sorts of other problems that keep piling up. I'm getting too old for this, but how can I stop? Our family has become too ingrained in this galaxy to just leave it. I.... I don't know Han. Maybe if we had both just stayed on Tatooine..."

Han swallowed his pride and forced himself to look away, seeming to find the patterns on the carpet more interesting than the Jedi's words. But the truth was, the kid had hit a nerve and now it was starting to cause Han to second guess his decision. Their meeting on Tatooine seemed like a lifetime ago, but Han knew that the kid's suggestion couldn't be farther from the truth. Maybe Luke would still be leading an innocent life and wouldn't have a care in the galaxy. Han, on the other hand, knew better than to believe that he would have had a stellar life. If he had remained on the same path and had refused to charter Luke and the old man, he would most likely be dead by now. They didn't live in a forgiving galaxy, that much was certain.

Opening his mouth to speak, he wanted to refute Luke's argument and justify his own, but nothing would come. For once, he was left without words and he stood there dumbly, his jaw working idly before reaching up to rub at his chin to cover up his own failure and embarrassment.

If Luke caught onto it, he couldn't tell. The other man was a master at hiding his emotions and made a quick transition over to his next point.

"Besides, with the recent attack, it's quite possible the Remnant won't willingly let Jaina go," he continued, his voice taking on a more paternal tone, as if he was admonishing a child. "You know this. You can't take on the entire Imperial Remnant Han, you know this. Let's come up with a plan, and we'll get Jaina here discreetly and safely. We don't want to start another war now." His expression softened and he finally smiled. "Have faith in her, Han, in the way you raised her. She has more of you than is probably good for her. She's tough, and she'll be fine. Don't discount her."

This time, Han couldn't resist a smile. It wasn't just pride at hearing what he already knew about his daughter favoring him over her mother, but Luke's fear that he would run off and give the Imperial Remnant a piece of his mind. Of course, he couldn't lie - the idea had crossed his mind and he would do whatever it takes to get Jaina back, but for once, it was hard to ignore Luke's sincerity. He was right and very little would convince him otherwise. Besides that, Leia was sitting right next to him. He knew she wouldn't take too kindly to the idea either and now wasn't the time to start an argument.

"Then what're you suggesting I do?" he challenged, brow raised in a questioning manner as he approached him. "Just sit back and do nothing and allow her to find her own way out? 'Cause that's not gonna cut it."

He turned then with a mischievous grin, to look squarely at Leia. "If your major concern is me getting in on my own and them not allowing her to leave, then I have another alternative." He nodded his chin towards Leia. "We go in together, she puts in a good word using her political magic and somehow convinces them to release her. We then fly outta there and everyone's happy. Simple."

Tag: Chukles, Cray
The Solo Family First Previous Next Latest
Selling the Business First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Leia Organa Solo
Cray

Post Posted: Sat, October 16th 2010 12:01am    Post subject:

She cast her eyes to the ground. “No,” she whispered. “She wouldn’t want that.”

Jaina wasn’t a young girl anymore, as much as admitting that pained Leia. She had great status in the Remnant—as of a few days ago, anyway, but Leia suspected that had not changed.

Besides, the days were long past when Han, Luke and Leia could gallivant around the galaxy. What could they do now? They would fly to Bastion only to be denied and turned aside. The Remnant would be protective of Jaina—and if Jaina felt she was in danger, she would take matters into her own hands. She didn’t need a trio of retirees to rescue her. If she wanted help, she would have asked.

“She’s safe,” Leia continued after a few moments. “Safe as she can be, anyway.” She glanced at Luke, although she was still speaking to her husband. “There’s nothing we can do. She’ll get back to us if she needs something,” Leia finished, sorely hoping that her daughter would indeed contact her again soon. But she was not being held against her will. She didn’t have to be extracted. Until Jaina gave them any indication that she needed help, they couldn’t rush in.

She knew there would soon be some kind of funeral, once situations in the galaxy stabilized. But they were no longer the ones to solve the mysteries; they hadn’t been for some time. Han had much more practical concerns, with the business. Luke had the Order—he still maintained some semblance of involvement in the galactic stage. But Leia had set aside that life, under protest at first, but she had come to accept her new place in the galaxy. Part of that was sometimes waiting and watching, rather than acting—something her husband had not entirely learned.

Tag: Han, Chukles
Selling the Business First Previous Next Latest

Farmboy

Post Posted: Sat, October 16th 2010 02:15am    Post subject:

Luke sat with his head in his hands, rubbing his temples as he thought. So much was going on, it was hard to get it all straight. It had been a long time since he could recall being so lost. So strange and so odd a feeling. He felt like he did when he founded the order, a Jedi Knight with barely enough training to even be called that. What he had learned had been hastily done and left many gaps. Trying to piece together an entire Jedi Order with little or nothing to go on due to the Emperor's entirely too thorough purge of not just the Jedi, but all things Jedi related. Where once holocrons had numbered in the hundreds, maybe the thousands, even finding one on the smallest and simplest matters was an indescribable treasure.

Luke had come a long way from then, done many things, learned more than he sometimes cared to. He'd changed the course of the galaxy. There was nothing conceited about that statement, he truly had. It was a sad and humbling fact. Despite all this though, was he really so much changed? It didn't feel like it. Maybe it was time to rethink things. Maybe he needed to talk to the Jedi en masse, deal with all the commotion of the last few days directly with all of them. Now wasn't the time for that though.

He looked up at Han now, not entirely sure what was the right thing to say. Finally, he ended up with, "Han, sometimes all we can do is sit and wait. I have always been hands on. I dislike it as much as you do, but.... what can we do?" It was.... perhaps a rather lame thing to say, but it was all that came to mind.

Tag: Han, Cray
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Coruscant » The Solos' Apartment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: