Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Division 26 Rally Point
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Bastion » Division 26 Rally Point
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Mon, September 13th 2010 10:53pm    Post subject:

"Hey boss! Are you kidding me?! I can hit the mark anytime!" He tossed Dunvayne an extra glass and soon there were three glasses on the ground. Zero smiled and reconfigured the tap nozzle and adjusted the pressure. "Bombs away!" He squeezed the nozzle three times and three globs of beer shot out, each landing in one of the three glasses.

Zero laughed and went to grab two of them, while Dunvayne grabbed one. Handing a glass to Kendra, he smiled with pride. "See, boss? You know I can do anything with the right parts. Now if they'd just let me tinker with the heavy artillery...."

Tag: Moff

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 06:41pm    Post subject:

I shook my head before throwing back some of the frothy beverage. If they did that, you wouldn't be the only one without common sense.

I knew Subdern meant well with his tweaking and toying with things, but ultimately, I also knew how the government worked. How the Army worked. Troopers carried the old E-11 rifles into 15 Galactic, AT-ATs still made the backbone of heavy armor units, and AT-STs were still the main skirmishing units. The Empire wasn't exactly big on changing things. Normally, that wouldn't be a problem, but I had noticed he'd been devoting more and more effort to his idea. I'd even heard that he managed to make a demonstration. I just hoped that if the most likely outcome came to pass, it didn't hit him too hard.

Still, I had to throw him a bone. "Come on now, Zero. You know how those artillery guys are with their guns. All that compensating, they won't let someone like you handle their machinery. Now, Duvayne, maybe..."

The immediately surrounding bargoers burst into raucous laughter. I gave the poor corporal a friendly punch in the arm as he stood, agape. "Ah, relax. I'm just sayin' you're pretty enough, not that you'd cut your standards to a cannon-cocker."

"Only if she's as pretty as me, Sergeant."

"No one's as pretty as you, Duvayne. You're just too pretty for everyone," I smirked. "Don't you think so, Zero? Isn't he too pretty to be lumped in with us mere mortals?"

Tag: Jase, Cheapy

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 08:47pm    Post subject:

Zero laughed and set down his drink, to avoid spilling it. "You got to be kidding, Boss. Dunvyane's one step away from being mistaken as a womp rat with a glandular problem. That's why they let him join the Techs, so if he happened to fry his face, nobody would know the difference and he couldn't collect pension!"

The young tech sergeant laughed, then slapped his friend on the shoulder. "Don't be sour Dunvayne, I'll let you buy me another round to get in better spirits." Dunvayne chuckled and shook his head. "Man, you need to quit wasting your money researching that damn suit of yours, I'm getting tired of paying for your drinks." Zero shook his head again and took a swig from his glass. "Hey, I'm going to make it happen some day. Then you'll see what my genius is capable of."

"I love the Imperial Army! I can blow things up and they usually don't yell at me for it!"
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, September 17th 2010 11:07pm    Post subject:

A bawdy quip nearly jumped out. I stopped it, considered letting it go on its way for a minute, then decided that discretion was better. Besides, if Zero kept up playing with things that went boom or zap, he was likely to lose that piece of his anatomy eventually. Especially if he did it while drunk.

I thought of a somewhat more friendly comment to make, but my comlink began to chirp. I worked my way out of the crowd and answered it. The message was brusque and clear, so I made my way out of the NCO club to talk to the "beloved" Captain Fay.

Upon my return a few minutes later, I had a feeling she would be loved somewhat less than her already questionable popularity. I grabbed my glass, still sitting at the corner table where I took the call, drained it, and took a deep breath.

"Everyone! Sit down and shut up!" I barked in my best platoon sergeant voice. "Got an announcement to make."

Jase, if you want to post a reply, go ahead... if not and you want me to just move ahead with the post, let me know that, too. :p

Expand
 Back to top »
Neo Sarkk
Cheapy

Post Posted: Sat, September 18th 2010 02:05am    Post subject:

As was customary, the storm commandos were seated at their usual booth near the back corner of the NCO’s club. Neo’s ale sat untouched in front of him, and the other troopers in his team were likewise silent as the rest of the division’s noncoms drank the night away. Across the table from him, Jean Ellis was eyeing a personal holo of her husband, a walker mechanic in the 87th Armored, and six-year old daughter Elizabeth. She smiled as the two waved, her husband holding their daughter’s arm and shaking it back and forth at the holocam. The audio was directional, but Neo could still hear snippets of their voices as they spoke to Ellis. A soft smile formed on Neo’s face, his dark thoughts temporarily forgotten in light of the display…but they swooped in on him again like mynocks, dampening his mood.

Zend had returned, with a military machine that rivaled the Empire in its glory days at her command. Even on Bastion, where news of such events was tightly controlled, Neo had heard scattered reports of dissention among some of the outlying Imperial outposts, rumors of entire garrisons defecting to the bitch-Admiral’s banner, and especially the twin attacks on Bilbringi and Muunilist…two of the Empire’s most heavily defended planets, and two of its most critical. Things weren’t looking good, and at the moment Neo envied Sergeant Randoth and the others their youthful jubilee. They’ll learn what war is soon enough, he thought sadly. Storming pirate bases and hunting fugitives is a far cry from front-line work.

Although there were some doubts among some members of the division as to whether or not Sergeant Jendob would get to see action. With her father’s…promotion, Neo had heard a few of the other NCOs voice rumors that she was due to be transferred, some even suggesting that she was to be a member of Emperor Jendob’s personal guard. Neo snorted and lifted his ale for a rare sip; talk like that was likely to earn the speaker a black eye from the fiery-tempered woman, at the least. Personally, Neo believed that even if such a transfer came down, Jendob would outright refuse it. He’d seen the spark in her eyes during their conversation on that day a few weeks ago, that earnest need to prove herself. She’ll get her chance. One way or another, she’ll get her baptism of fire. Neo knew that she was hardly a rookie; hell, she was as good as he’d been back in his day as a ‘white job’ trooper.

She’d known battle. But she didn’t know war. Not yet.

Abruptly, Jendob slammed her glass down on the table. Neo blinked; in his reverie, he hadn’t noticed that the sergeant had left and returned within a few minutes of each other. "Everyone! Sit down and shut up!" she ordered, her voice brooking no argument. Conversation died down almost instantly, and even Randoth’s antics ceased. "Got an announcement to make."

Tag: Moff I’m still here!

Expand
 Back to top »
Kendra Jendob
Moff

Post Posted: Fri, October 01st 2010 10:10pm    Post subject:

Sorry about the wait, guys. Massive school assignments were due.
It didn't take long for the bar to pipe down. "Orders from the top. We're heading out, tomorrow. Orbital station, then to a transport, and then..." I paused a moment, trying to find the right thing to say. "Then, we're boots on the ground somewhere. Even Fay doesn't know where yet."

I scanned across the crowd. "The whole division is picking up. So, second platoon, get your stuff wired and be ready to bug out in the morning. You're dismissed. The rest of you, well... I can't really tell you what to do, but you'll be getting the same message shortly. So you might want to get a jump on it."

Tag: Jase, Cheapy

Expand
 Back to top »
Zero
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, October 12th 2010 12:58pm    Post subject:

Zero's eyes widened at Kendra's words. Not in shock or disbelief, but in joy at the fact that they would be getting off of planetside duty. Being stuck on the base for all of this time had been terribly borinG. Sure, he had created a new weapon, but everything else was just routine vehicle and weapon maintenance. Now he would get a chance to work on different equipment, as well as get a change of scenery. Hell, under the right circumstances, he'd even be able to try out the MWR on some of Zend's forces.

He put his empty glass on the bar and prompted Dunvayne to pay for the drinks. He looked to his tech team and smiled with anticipation. "Aye, First Sergeant! Tech squad, let's move! No need to keep our new assignment waiting!"

Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Bastion » Division 26 Rally Point
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: