Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
"The Main Plot"
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » "The Main Plot"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 03:35am    Post subject: "The Main Plot"

We keep seeing "The Main Plot" mentioned, but no one really knows what that means... :P

Can CMAC divulge any information? [/With a cherry on top]

Tag: Cray, Han, Zara, Moff
 Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 08:40am    Post subject:

Well, pretty much it refers to, at the moment, Daara's invasion (starting with the string of assassinations of Jag and the attempted one on Ares Valure, and currently Muunilinst and Bilbringi), and the impending difficulties the GU will face internally as its members try to respond in very different ways (such as the crowning of Emperor Jendob in the IR and the haphazard promotion of Kira by Ares in the NR). It also branches off into the eventual fracturing of the Jedi Order—that's something that's planned, but it's not really the main plot.

Things that aren't part of the main plot per se (such as the attack on the Denon Bank or the Republic's potential backlash from Kira's unexpected CiC promotion) can still contribute to the general feel of chaos in the galaxy without actually involving the main plot. On the other hand, a lot of plots may not have anything to do with the main plot (the Jendob family problems or the Celeste Morne plot). We may not be able to tell what is "main" until long after the events are over—look at the Galactic Ball in VII, which started as a sideplot and became the largest plot in the whole game's history. So, some things that appear to be side plots now may became part of the main plot as time goes on.

Basically, anything that originates from the TE leadership and the GU leadership constitutes the main plot—or, in other words, pretty much anything that CMAC collaboratively runs that affects the entire galaxy. That's why we usually try to keep other plots from affecting the entire galaxy, since we don't want too many radical changes to the setting at once.

In VII/I, that was a big problem; you had to be involved in the 20 million battles that were going on, regardless of your own plots, or your character would be entirely out of touch. The extent of your participation in Unity's main (or "CMAC") plot is entirely up to you, but we use the main plot as the standard for other plots: for instance, right now you're not going to be able to have a rebellion plot on Muunilinst, because the main plot has plans for that planet. Likewise, the changes that are happening in the IR and the NR as part of the main plot may have to affect your characters—and if you're in the TE, you're probably going to be very active in the main plot. Does that make sense?

I hope you read all that, since I think it's good to know, but tldr: it's not a big secret, really. :p We may hide some things that we have in mind, but you basically know what's going on already. :D

Incidentally, I was just talking to Jawa in the NR forums about battles. Maybe a thread in the Assessment Room about the main plot for the stuff we can divulge (including coordinating battles) would be helpful?

Tag: Han, Moff, Zara Anything CMAC wants to add to that?
Butters

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 12:23pm    Post subject:

Kastor Antilles wrote:
Incidentally, I was just talking to Jawa in the NR forums about battles. Maybe a thread in the Assessment Room about the main plot for the stuff we can divulge (including coordinating battles) would be helpful?

Absolutely, I've planned for unexpected battles (since that is how I remember how they worked in the past) at the TE's discretion. But, if you have preselected targets, then I want to plan with Alex how Heckler can logically be involved.

BTW, at least the way Moff would talk about it, I got the impression it was a huge secret. :P Or at least something we were all going to be surprised about. However, I would like to say I really enjoy the way you all are executing unity so far, much more orderly from the past games, I just feel really bad for you guys because it seems like its a lot more work for you.

Back to top »
Kastor Antilles
Cray

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 12:38pm    Post subject:

Thanks. :D Glad to hear that you think it's working out well.

Don't get me wrong, there are some secrets and surprises we have, but there shouldn't be any doubt about what the main plot is: the invasion of the civilized galaxy by the True Empire and the reaction of the Galactic Union.
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 12:50pm    Post subject:

So in that case, is there anyone who might be able to get Nick off of Dosunn so he can get going in the main plot? :P

Ams Jendob wrote:
Never underestimate the power of the Moff side. ;)
 Back to top »
Thomas Heckler
Butters

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 12:53pm    Post subject:

Nick Zorrin wrote:
So in that case, is there anyone who might be able to get Nick off of Dosunn so he can get going in the main plot? :P

Absolutely not. :P

Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Wed, September 15th 2010 02:19pm    Post subject:

That actually clears up a lot.

When is the True Empire expected to make another wave of attacks?

EDIT: Thank you. :P
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Assessment Room » "The Main Plot"
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: