Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Bakura
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Bakura
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azlyn Thrace-Rin
Kelsey

Post Posted: Thu, June 16th 2011 04:33pm    Post subject:

Speeding through the air on her speederbike Azlyn's mind began to wander. She thought briefly on her most recent assignment and allowed herself a soft smile at the memory.

Running quickly through the underbrush Azlyn's combat-boot-covered feet screamed out at her with agony, she had been running most of the night, several miles of uphill climbing combined with the intense running had left her body feeling a little worse for wear. Unfortunately the night was still young, and she pushed herself onwards.

Crouching near a high stone wall, Azlyn drew her Adjudicator slugthrower pistol and removed the magazine. Nodding to herself she slipped the magazine back into the pistol and pulled back the action, cocking the weapon. Gripping it carefully in her hand she glanced around the corner of the wall and...

A red flash of light whizzing passed her head brought Azlyn quickly back to reality. Tossing a glance over her shoulder confirmed her suspicions: Imperial Scouts. Considering how far away from civilisation she had travelled she wasn't quite sure what they were doing, but she did know that they were trying to blow her into tiny pieces and she wasn't ready for that kind of commitment just yet.

Adjusting her grip on the bike's throttle she shot another glance behind her, “two bikes... this should be easy enough...” she returns her gaze ahead of her to the large forest she was about to enter and, pulling her A290 rifle from the side of the bike twisted herself slightly and opened fire on the scouts behind her, firing blind to keep herself going through the forest she hoped and prayed that she either hit one of them or sufficiently distracted them that they ran into each other...

Judging by the whine of the repulsor engines behind her, there was no such luck. Azlyn knew full well that her bike was nowhere near as fast as the military-spec Aratech machines being ridden by the bucket and balls brigade behind her, so she had to think tactically. She quickly dropped her speed, allowing the Aratech-mounted scouts to zoom ahead of her. Hefting her rifle easily on the slower bike she took aim as the scouts turned to hone in on her. She took a breath and released it calmly, pulling the trigger as she exhaled. The green ray of death bolted from the muzzle of her A290 directly at the throat of the nearest scout.

Smiling to herself at her fortunate shot Azlyn took aim again and fired, blasting a hole in the scout trooper's chestplate and pushing him from his bike that then soared majestically into a tree. Lowering her bike the few feet to the ground and guiding it towards some shrubbery Azlyn slung the rifle onto her back, having assumed that the bike had been identified if not her specifically she would retrieve it later or not at all.

Unfortunately the holey-chested scout had only been dazed when he fell from his bike and was edging towards the bounty-hunter, pistol drawn. He sidled up behind her and pressed the pistol's muzzle in between her shoulder blades, “hands up.”

Raising her hands slowly and turning to face the faceless trooper Azlyn cleared her throat, “it's okay...” she murmured as her hand came up and, with a single swipe tore the pistol from the trooper's hand. Her right hand came up and, making a fist, hammered into the faceplate of the armor before crashing down on the side of his head with incredible force.

Waiting for several moments to see if the trooper moved Azlyn reached down to retrieve his communicator from his belt. The trooper reached up and grabbed her wrist and pulled her onto the ground. He rolled and moved to stand while Azlyn was winded, he retrieved his pistol from the brush and turned to take aim...

To find his face firmly centred upon the business end of a SSK-7. “I'm done playing games,” Azlyn said, matter-of-factly, “y'should've just stayed dead.” She shifted the pistol slightly downwards, to the vulnerable part of the trooper's neck and, angling upwards, let off a single shot.

“Now,” she muttered softly, “the frak was I going again...?”
 Back to top »
Han Solo
Han

Post Posted: Thu, June 16th 2011 11:26pm    Post subject:

Han coughed and inhaled deeply, allowing his body to slump forward as the cool air returned to his body in a rush. The intensity caused his lungs to burn, forcing him to double over even further as another round of coughing racked his body. It was a sign of relief - a sign that he was still alive and a warning that he would need to tread more carefully from here on out. A Sith's Force choke was something he had heard about in passing - not something he had witnessed first hand. Well, at least he could cross that one off his list of things to do before he died...

"Is that...supposed to scare me?" he asked hoarsely, referring to the woman's revelation surrounding Luke and the Alliance as well as the threats aimed at his family. He coughed again and brought up some spittle, angling it at the woman's booted feet with satisfaction. "You're not the first one to use those methods on me. It's been done plenty of times before and they all end the same way..."

He trailed off, allowing the back of his head to rest against the wall as a small smile spread over his features. He didn't need to voice the word "escape" to get his point across. Anyone who was familiar with Han knew about his unorthodox escape tactics. No matter the situation, he never remained in custody for long. The problem was waiting for the right opportunity to present itself.

In the mean time, he would continue to toy with this woman's mind. "How 'bout you save yourself the trouble and let me go now? I'm not a high priority target anymore. I'm just a regular guy. I don't know anything...at least, not the dirty secrets you're after. They stopped trusting me with those when they signed that damn treaty 10 years ago."

Tag: Alex
Catching a Corellian First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Fri, June 17th 2011 12:23am    Post subject:

Despite his fatigue Kyp found ways and reasons to stay awake. It had been a helluva day. Many people had lost their lives in the initial siege and Kyp was sure there had been others who were still hiding in the surrounding city. They were prisoners on their own planet.

Unfortunately inaction was the killer here. Bakura relied on being a planet off the beaten path as their primary defense. The Empire had ignored their outposts on the rim of the galaxy and had payed dearly. Lives lost that could never be replaced.

Kyp eased his mind slowly into a place of rest once again. The stupidity of others could wait for later reflection. With the wind whipping past him the Jedi Master drifted off into a trance. He slowly removed himself from his physical form. Around him sat two synthetic beings, their presence in the force measured not in life but simply in their existence.

He pushed our further more to the buildings around him. Each structure seemed to hold presences, be it alive or the husks of those who had fallen. Even further out and Kyp was starting to gauge the true destruction that lay beyond his line of sight. The further he moved the worse it got.

Kyp........

Immediately he rushed back to his body and opened his eyes. Tseneca. She always had a way of getting herself into a bind. Despite their distance between the others he was sure he was not the only to receive the message.

Kyp rubbed his forehead, expecting the worse, and turned to H6. "Step on it." A sudden burst of speed came from the craft and pushed Kyp back further into his seat. "Seems like we've been outta the loop for longer than I thought."

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, June 17th 2011 04:45am    Post subject:

Kris laughed louder than he thought when she asked about his mother. He snorted slightly as he came around, "If my mother knew where I was, there would be an entire fleet of Star Destroyers out there right now." He basked in this glory for a moment, "I guess you could say I'm part of the family that puts ships in the Remnant's navy."

He had been stuck at their home estate for weeks since his graduation from the Imperial Academy on Bastion. Not only had he received top marks, he had been offerred positions into many factions, some even outside of the Empire. It was all part of living up to his name, the golden image his parents had painted, something he and his siblings felt like they had to live up to. If it hadn't been for the boredom and stuck talking to only the servants and homebody-droids, maybe he wouldn't have been so tempted to respond to the distress signal sent by Lucas, which was meant fir their parents.

He sighed, "It doesn't matter." He turned cold inside, thinking that he had fallen for a trap no doubt set by the Empire. Lucas probably wasn't even here... according to Bella, he was galivianting around the galaxy in a small frieghter, zealously searching out the galactic terrorist known as Nico. It seemed the Jedi Order finally took interest in one of Kuat's most rebellious children, though Kris rooted for his brother to bring her in and restore pride to the Noble families.

The cell door hissed open and a pair of stormtroopers entered. "Prisoner 24-2112."

Kris looked to the woman, then back to the soldiers. It was strange seeing them, they weren't the protectors he had grown up with. "Uh, I'm sorry, we haven't taken the time to adjust to our new... identifications."

The stormtrooper pointed, "Kristopher Pallanén-Davad, you're coming with us."

Tseneca grabbed his hand, "Pallanén-Davad? Are you related to Lucas?!" Her voice was low, just above a whisper.

"Yeah, he's my brother. How do you know him?" He took a nervous step forward, but kept his back turned.

"Gods, uh, well, he has been staying on my ship. We've been through a lot together. He's on the surface."

Kris grinned, "He'll come for us. I know it."

He was yanked backwards by the stormtrooper, and before he knew it, the hilt of the blaster smacked against the backside of his head, causing him to become dizzy and disorientated. The second trooper pointed his blaster to Tseneca and shouted, "one move from you and you're scheduled to get that baby removed, permanently."

Kris looked up to the woman biting her lower lip, part of him wanted her to help him, the other part clarified, "You're pregnant?!"

She nodded as the trooper retrieved a foreign device with a strange seashell type coloring, the tip of the instrument was cool, before a strange jagged needle penetrated his skin and sent a thick green substance into own of his veins. At first, he felt nothing, but after a moment, he could feel his insides burn and contort. He dropped to the ground and withered, Tseneca stepped forward to assist, but the stormtrooper shot her with a stun blast... not enough to knock her unconscious, but enough to drop the woman to her knees in a daze.

Kris fought against the pain, but screamed out nonetheless, the whole charade lasting for about three minutes. When he came around he was resting in Tseneca's arms, the troopers were gone. "Why...why did they do that?"
 Back to top »
Lumiya
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, June 17th 2011 04:53am    Post subject:

Over the decades she had developed the ability to inhabit multiple planes at the same time, her mind sometimes stretching far across the galaxy in order to pry and shape events in her favor. During the conversation with Han, she had felt the presence of the young Tseneca, the one currently searching out her friends on the surface while being held on board. Lumiya smiled at the young woman's attempt, instead, rocking her a with a cold vibe, sweeping over her body like a wind or a cobra slithering over its prey before devouring it whole. She let the darkside seep into the Thyferran's soul, twisting and echoing, triggering a possible thirst for power.

It was then another part of her plan unfolded, the youngest sibling of the Kuati Royal family, was exposed to the Captain of the Blight Leaper. In a short amount of time, the two would unravel just how... concidential their pairing had been, though eventually, they'd come to the conclusion that they were nothing but pawns to push Lucas to her and to the Order of the Sith. One would have to die before the Jedi rescued those in captivity.

And that's when Han triggered the last train of thought, "I'm just a regular gy. I don't know anything..." he had said, and she could only marvel in his stupidipity. Could he be so... lacking?

"Oh, but Han, you've told me so much already." She laughed, "You didn't think Kalin Lohden was placed just to sabotage that old ship of yours, did you?" She was going to put the puzzle together for him, it was time he saw the bigger picture, "I have information, on all the precious star systems your freighters fly in and out of every day. And that information has been passed to the Commander of the fleet used to take Bilbringi, and now, Bakura." She smiled beneath the breathing mask, but this charade would only fuel his resistance, his cander with sarcaism. She decided to change the pace, after all, Han liked to march to his tune, rather than cooperate.

On cue she cast an illusion of an officer stepping inside the room, his body leaned towards her and whispered something, and she clarified what he had said by saying, "He tells me we've found... Leia." Furthering the illusion, she commanded, "Bring her in." The trooper nodded and seconds later, a beat up version of the Corellian's wife arrived, and in this phantom-like status, she was barely concious.

Lumiya looked at Han and said, "Your game is over, surrender the last of the command codes to Solo Enterprises, and I'll let your wife live. Might even see to it that she sees a doctor. Wonderous technology they have on board...."

Tag: Han
Catching a Corellian First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Fri, June 17th 2011 04:59am    Post subject:

The Bothan had left to conversate with the current resident of the Jedi Council and the others all had small tasks, either repairs or self-evaluations that pardoned them from further discussion with each other. While things felt like the odds were in their favor with Denora around, Lucas was beginning to feel a little antsy about his conflicting emotions that were begin to surface. He tried to mask them, but anyone so attuned to the Force would detect them in a heartbeat. Still, Anakin had taught him a different trick, and that was meditate and conceal or deal with the emotions firsthand. He preferred the latter and conforted them directly.

It took the better part of an hour to get them in check, but his thoughts were continually interrupted by Tseneca's voice. I know you're alive. I'm no good to you if I'm corrupted, he answered, trying to handle how exactly he was going to deal with Lumiya. Part of him wanted to expose her, but that would put Tseneca in jeopardy, as she was most likely going to be used as a bargaining token, possibly even against Thyferra.

Lucas breathed, walking passed Sara. "Tseneca?" She really was learning.

"Yeah, Tseneca, she's..." He let his voice drift, something dark in the Force created a blanket-type energy, suddenly drowning out all the happiness, all the clarity from his thoughts. He felt that Sara could sense and experience it as well, her eyes shuttering as the feeling evaporated from them. They didn't need to ask each other if they felt it, instead, they asked, "You all right?"

Lucas responded first, "Not really."

Sara looked worried, but conceded it was all about Tseneca, "She needs us. We will get her out, don't worry."

Lucas nodded and moved past her. He needed to try again, he needed to try and contact Anakin. Just before he shut his eyes, he heard Jonas.

"Sara, can I have a minute?" Lucas was tempted to simply easedrop, but instead, he washed away...disappearing into the galaxy... and thats when he felt it. His brother, the one he was supposed to be looking out for, was in incredible pain...and not only that, it was here on Bakura...
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Fri, June 17th 2011 01:17pm    Post subject:

The boy blinked against the flourescent lighting, and Tseneca leaned forward over his face to shield his face from it. He did look a little like Lucas, now that she was aware of who he was. The problem, it seemed, even now as she took a moment to think, was that she and he being in the same cell at the same time could not have been purely coincidental.

Kris read into her thoughts almost, and mumbled. “why did they do that?”

“I don’t know.” She said softly, absentmindedly pushing his hair away from his face. It was funny how familiar she had become with each of the Pallanen-Davads in turn, so much so that she had sworn to Lucas her own allegiance with Alatariel, and not on a whim either. The Kuati family was, if anything, the one group of people who would keep their noses clean and their morals high when this whole… debacle… blew over, if indeed it did. They knew what they were fighting for. Thusly, Tseneca would protect Lucas and his family no matter what the cost.

Kris tried to sit up but Tseneca held him there by his shoulders. “Easy there, tiger.” She said and made sure his head was settled squarely on her lap. “Those are not drugs to take lightly and I don’t want you spewing all over the nice clean floor.”

“I don’t understand it.” He said, his voice hoarse. “Why are they doing this?”

“I told you, I don’t know.” She cocked her head to the side, biting her lip.
“With me, it’s as easy as trying to form a political alliance. With you though… you don’t suppose they could be blackmailing your mother into some sort of…”

Kris snorted in derision. “My mother would never parlay with these people.”
Tseneca was a little amused by the kid’s cockiness and pride. “Don’t be so certain.” She said, playing the devil’s advocate. “Yours is an Imperial planet. Alatariel might be more obliged to strike a deal then to start a war.”

“You obviously don’t know my mother very well.”

Tseneca smiled slightly. “Well enough to know that she’d be cautious enough not to cast the first stone.”

“That doesn’t explain why…”

“Kris.” Tseneca cut him off sternly. “Selena Krauss knows Lucas is planet side. It’s more than possible that they are keeping you here as bait. I’m half certain part of the reason, however small, that she hasn’t done away with me is because of that fact. Lucas won’t sit and wait while he knows we’re here…” She held up a hand before he could speak up. “And he does know we’re here. Im sure of it.”

“You give him a lot of credit.” Kris’s voice was bitter.

“I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt. Lucas has yet to let me down.”

“Well, at least that’s one person.” He bit out.

He tried to sit up again and Tseneca released him, allowing him to try to regain his balance. Seeing his steadiness fail, she caught him and pulled his arm around her shoulders hefting most of his weight. “Up you get…” She grunted as the gaingly youth’s knees bucked under him, and half shoved half dropped him onto his cot. She watched as he made a little moan and closed his eyes. He really was very young, she thought, tucking his arm up across his chest. He was around the same age she’s been when she’d fled Thyferra for the first time… only then, she’d had help.
His soft snores filled the chamber even as he eased into a drug induced sleep. She watched for a second, and then a tapping interrupted her thoughts.

How long…?

She moved over to the wall and pressed her forehead to it, feeling the cool steel over the throbbing headache the stun had given her. Coral was running out of patience, and, possibly, out of time. Krauss may not let herself and Kris languish, but there was almost nothing keeping Coral alive. Tseneca tapped out a message she hoped was more encouraging than it felt, that she hoped was not a false promise.

Soon
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, June 17th 2011 06:50pm    Post subject:

”ZIM, figure out a path to the nearest mess hall.” Morgan said as he finished pushing the dead body out of his way.
”What?” ZIM asked, not following Morgan’s train of thought.

”You know how to calculate directions on a map. So figure out the fastest, safest way to get from here to the nearest mess hall. Or galley. Or whatever the technical term is for a place where they store the dast food.”

”Why?” ZIM asked after a couple moments.
”Because I’m hungry.” Morgan asked. ”It’s been far too long since I’ve had so much as a ration bar, and I’ve been extremely busy in the meantime. I am not exactly in a position right now to go plan my escape from this frakking bloody ship when my mind’s attention is being distracted by my stomach.”
”Alright, alright.” ZIM replied.
”Now find me some food!” Morgan ordered.
”Already on it.” ZIM said.

Morgan tried not to concentrate on his stomach while he waited for ZIM to figure out a path for him to travel. He was regretting that he hadn’t kept a supply of food bars or some kind of energy stimulant already on his armor, especially since he doubted it would be all that long before fatigue would start to set in as well. It had been a while since he had had an opportunity to sleep, either. It was all a symptom of having not thinking out his plan far enough. Usually, it worked well enough for him, but now, it was starting to bite him in the behind.

”Ugh. Maybe I should just wait here for a while.” Morgan said.
”What, just when I’ve found out how you can get some food?” ZIM said.
”You have? Sweet.”

A ‘flat’ holographic image popped up inside Morgan’s helmet, showing a picture of the Star Destroyer’s hallways and passages with a lit-up path courtesy of ZIM.

”Here’s the quickest path to the safest source of food I can find.[i] ZIM explained. [i]“It’s a storage area, which means you should be able to get in and take what you need without getting discovered. It requires a short detour through a detention area, but otherwise it’s about as safe as anywhere else you’ve been on this ship.”
”What?” Morgan asked in disbelief.

”Is there a problem?” ZIM replied.
”The detention area is hardly what I’d label as ‘safe’.” Morgan pointed out, annoyed that the droid was even suggesting the idea.
”This whole ship can hardly be labeled as ‘safe’.” ZIM countered.
”A detention area even less so!” Morgan shot back, trying his best not to raise his voice too much once he realized he was talking out loud.
”I hardly expect it’s as bad as you might think. Especially since I plotted a course through a garbage compactor first.”

Morgan wasn’t even sure how to respond. Times like these, he failed to understand the droids less then sane logic.

”I sense a lack of confidence.”
”Dast frakken’ right there’s a lack of confidence. I ask you to give me directions to food, and you do so by plotting a path through both a garbage compactor and a detention zone. How the bloody frak is that suppose to inspire confidence?”
”Because it shows that I’m remembering details that you need to clean up after that you yourself have forgotten.”

Morgan let his head drop so that his helmet rested against the ‘floor’ of the vent system with a quiet, shallow ‘clink’.

”Please. Explain.” Morgan said, figuring it couldn’t possibly hurt that much to hear the droids explanation. He hoped.

”Consider your dead friend.” ZIM said.

Morgan looked towards the imperial he had killed and pulled into the ductwork.

”You really expected to just leave him in here.”
”Can’t say I’d thought much about it.”
”Exactly. ZIM replied. ”Leaving him here, you open up the possibility for someone to find him. At which the Imperials know what happened to him. Bring him with you to the trash compactor, and his body disappears. As far as anyone knows, he simply went missing.”

Morgan refrained from acknowledging that the droid had a point.

”You could then backtrack from the trash compactor, or you could head up the chute in the direction of the detention area. They won’t expect anyone to show up from the inside, which means if you’re careful, you should be able to get through there unnoticed.”

Once again, Morgan let his head drop. He couldn’t believe that ZIM’s crazy plan was actually making sense.

”So you can either take the easy way and follow my route, or you can drag Mr. Corpse around for who knows long taking a supposedly ‘safer’ route.”

Morgan sighed as he looked back at the body.

”ZIM?” Morgan said.
”Yes?”
”I hate you right now.” Morgan said. ”I really, really hate you.”

”You’re welcome.”
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Fri, June 17th 2011 09:03pm    Post subject:

While Dryas himself could hardly believe his sudden ‘graduation’ from padawan to full Knight, it was difficult to argue against it. Denora was a member of the Jedi Council. A prominent one at that, and one Master Skywalker trusted enough to grant the privilege of running his own academy. Even though he himself wouldn’t have guessed he was ready for it, if Denora trusted that he was ready, then Dryas would have to trust the decision as well.

“Thank you, Master Denora.” Dryas said as he came to his feet. “To say that this is a great honor would be an understatement.”

More words came to mind, but he decided to stop himself there. I was for the best not to keep going and potentially ruin the ‘moment’. Besides, they had work to do.

“If I might ask, have you considered at all what our next move might be?"

Expand
 Back to top »
Rylii Kuat
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, June 18th 2011 02:38am    Post subject:

He flexed the wounded hand, the one Tseneca had crushed, and cruised the hallways of the Blight Leaper. His time here was limited and the more it passed, the less he had. SAMM was a problem, as he was able to see and hear everything, a feat Lumiya's Force abilities were able to see pass, but it wouldn't help when he played back the recording of Lucas and his part of the conversation that was spoken outloud. Rylii stopped in the engine room, his eyes dropping short of an interactive panel to SAMM's core. It only took a moment to bypass the initial security, part of the cyberattack he had used earlier, had created enough of a diversion so this portion of the task could be executed without much resistance. It also temporarily blinded him, without SAMM necessarily knowing what was happening here.

Rylii moved quickly, first purging the memory banks of the bridge, it was easier to remove minutes than hours of AI time - so he'd know it was erased, but wouldn't be able to say exactly what had been said -, next he disabled shipwide communication, fearing the computer would alert Sethe, Sara, or anyone else for that matter. With the memory wipe, came a subroutine that would force the AI to obey any voice commands he would have to issue in the future, with a text interface that would supersede any command by Tseneca - in case he was off the ship and needed to control the Leaper from the outside.

Rylii retracted his slicer tool and used the last couple of minutes before SAMM would be able to see everything he was doing to set a small charge on the engine... if the need arose, he could now destroy the ship....and everyone on board. Rylii moved out of the engine room and paused infront of Tseneca's quarters, just before he was about to force his entry, he heard someone behind him.

"What are you doing?" It was Vera Nico.

He turned, it was about time the two had a conversation, "Well, well, if it isn't the galactic terrorist turned friendly ally. I see right through you, Nico."

"Ah Kuat, I know more than anyone else on board what your family is capable of. I know all the dirty little secrets you keep under the rug in a room with a fancy closet filled with skeletons."

Rylii sneered, "And what's stopping me from turning you over to the next sector's security patrols we stop in?"

Nico folded her arms and leaned against the wall, "Say you do, and I'll transmit all your dirty laundry to the Noble families on our homeworld. Something about the Ammon Ra's family scandal your mother is guilty of strikes me as a punishment of immediate and permanent exile."

Rylii stirred, he remembered why he hated her so much. Her ratlike ability to sneak and steal the cheese while not springing the trap described her very well. He shoved passed her and returned to quarters reserved for Lucas, not that he'd need them for very long. The odds were, Lumiya would collect him very soon.

He stripped off his shirt and climbed into bed, it was time to make that happen, as most of his bridges to the crew were burning, and he didn't know if he could keep swimming across with more lies...
 Back to top »
Vera Nico
Alex

Post Posted: Sat, June 18th 2011 02:58am    Post subject:

Nico watched Kuat go and accessed Tseneca's personal quarters, exposing Sethe in what appeared like his most vulnerable state. It took a moment to take in the trashed environment, Nico sarcastically dismissing it as Tseneca's sloppy lifestyle, but knew it was something much more than that. She had missed whatever he had displayed on the screen and by the looks of it, the viewer had been turned off for quiet some time. "Sethe?" She said softly, and perhaps, not loud enough as he didn't respond, still dazed by whatever he had played.

She stepped over the turned over furniture and what looked a shattered mirror stained red. What the hell happened here? Nico approached him, his gaze shifted uncomfortably at her presence and she watched as he attempted to raise his emotional guard. Instead, she embraced him and pushed his head into her body, just below the neck and above her breasts, cradling him. The room had a different meaning now, he was wallowing in what looked like a violent reaction in his condition.

He wrapped his hands around her body and a for a moment she tried to absorb his pain and anguish, maybe now, he could understand the type of woman she truly was. "Sethe." She released him, but only after his arms fell away from her body.

"I-"

"Don't say anything. I think I get what happened here, and I know you feel helpless in all this." She started, "But I'm not the kind of person who will tell you everything will work out. I'm not the person that will pick up the pieces and send you on your way to rescue her. Because, honestly, I don't think she really deserves to be rescued." She shrugged, allowing her own prejudice to shine, "However, you don't have to believe me when I say I hope she is safe."

He scoffed, "Yeah... right."

"Don't get me wrong, I could care less what happens to her in life, but no one deserves to die at the hands of the Empire. And more importantly, the child she is carrying deserves a chance to live in a galaxy that isn't bound to Zend's tyranny. That's my purpose, to vanquish the leadership of the True Empire, at whatever cost." She anticipated his thoughts and quickly added, "I avoid innocent causalities, even when blowing up banks and assassinating crooked senators." She smiled and retreated to the door. "We can't save her tonight, we're all exhausted and I think we need a couple hours of shut eye when the sun sets. Then in the morning, we get a troop transport or try to come up with a plan that puts the Blight Leaper in the hangar of the vessel carrying her, then I'll send a message to Zend...Vera Nico style."
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, June 18th 2011 10:58pm    Post subject:

Looking around to double-check that he was all clear, Morgan opened the door to the garbage compactor and threw the body in through the doorway. Taking one more look behind him, Morgan passed into the room himself and closed the door.

”Smell that?” Morgan asked.
”Smell what?” ZIM asked.
”Exactly.” Morgan said. The hunter had switched to his internal air supply before making his way into the cesspool of stench that was the local garbage dump.

Morgan picked the dead Imperials body up and, hovering his way over to the center of the room, let the body fall into a small hole that had developed in the garbage. He had heard tales of monsters that sometimes lived in such garbage dumps. Morgan wasn’t sure if such stories were true, but incase it wasn’t the case here, he wanted to make sure that the body he was leaving behind wouldn’t be lying right out in the open where it would seen the moment the next person decided to open the door. He completed the job by taking a number of larger garbage pieces and using them to hide the body.

”Now we just need the regular crushing cycle to run before someone comes looking for him.” ZIM said.
”Yeah, good luck getting me to stick around for that.”

Morgan flew up to the garbage chute and began to climb his way up it, using ZIM’s map to point him in the right direction. After some measure of time, he emerged at grate the both the map and his own eyes told could be nothing less than a detention area. A location that under most circumstances, even he knew was one of the last places he wanted to be.

”Please don’t be busy, please don’t be busy…” Morgan said to himself as he tried to look out the grate and check for anyone who might spot him. It was after the fact that he remembered what had happened the last time he had vocalized such a hope. Morgan consequently quickly shut himself up. Fortunately, the self-jinxing didn’t seem to have happened this time, as the hallway appeared clear.

The cyborg pushed the grate out, climbed out of the garbage chute, and closed the path behind him. He had little intention of going back that way, and thanks to ZIM’s constant reminding, he knew better than to leave it open and clue someone in that he had been there.

Keeping his mind and mouth shut lest he ruin his own good fortune, Morgan hugged the wall as he moved down the hallway, doing his best to stay out of sight from the cameras that were positioned around the area or anyone who might glance down the hallway.

”The backdoor is just down that way.” ZIM said.
”Yeah, I see it.” Morgan said with a touch of annoyance, glancing back to his map.
He prepared to make his next move, but caught sight of a pair of troopers that had entered from the far side.

”Sith.” Morgan thought, considering his options. He wasn’t about to start shooting, and he doubted that he could sneak by them without being seen, especially with as close as they were getting. And then it hit him.

”Duh.” He said, remembering that he was in the detention area and that there was a door right behind him.

Turning to the controls behind him, Morgan unlocked the door, fixed it in unlocked mode so it wouldn’t trap him inside, and then opened the door, slipping in and hugging the wall as he watched the door close behind him.

”Heh, heh, heh.” Morgan said.

However, when he glance into the room as he waited for an opportunity to sneak back out into the hall, he discovered he wasn’t alone.

”Brilliant move, moron.”
”Sith.”

The cell he had wandered into was already occupied.
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Sat, June 18th 2011 11:40pm    Post subject:

Tseneca was lying on her back, trying, unsuccessfully, to not think of Sethe. It was a very strange feeling. To be trapped in an imperial prison, having nothing to do but think about the man who, after only a short time and under odd and terrible circumstances had become her lover and confidant.

What she had said to him down on Bakura had not been half-hearted. She had meant it. She was angry and upset and yes, frightened, at his potential. She felt betrayed... and also the betrayer.

She placed her hand on her stomach and left it there, wondering at her haste and wishing she could take back what she said. Not because she didn't mean it, but because she knew she'd hurt him.

She let out a sigh and closed her eyes. Kris was still asleep on the other bunk, knocked out from the drugs. Poor thing. He had know idea what he was up against here. Faith and attitude wouldn't stand up against the likes of Krauss. Not here.

All of a sudden, as if her thoughts had become tangible, she heard the door hiss open. She jerked up into a sitting position, swinging her legs over the side of the cot and bracing herself, all in one well maneuvered motion. What she saw, though, startled her more than the swarm of armed troopers she'd expected to find.

She blanched, and then recovered quickly, a sly grin spreading across her face at the figure of an equally surprised cyborg.

"Morgan...?"
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, June 19th 2011 12:07am    Post subject:

Sethe watched Nico leave, in something of a haze. When, not an hour ago she was playing his.... emotions.... like a flute, now she was offering solace? He was confused by her attitude, but not just a little intrigued by her.

He rubbed his face brusquely, then ran his palms through his hair. There was more at task here than women. He stood and returned to putting the rest of the room in order, hoping he wouldn't come across any more incriminating evidence of how little he could access tseneca. He should never have allowed himself to get caught up in the whirlwind of her life, no matter how much he felt for her. And after all, she'd done nothing but protest him from the beginning. Its just that he had thought she...

He shook his head, trying not to dwell on conceptions. She hadn't been and wasn't ready for him, as much as he did care for her. It wasn't right that he had put her into such a position when she was most vulnerable.

Once the room was put to rights he made his way to the cockpit, easing himself into the captain's chair. The sun was setting bloodred through the viewport. There was no way he'd be able to sleep, not tonite.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, June 19th 2011 01:32am    Post subject:

It wasn’t just that the cell was occupied, it was occupied by someone he recognized. Tseneca, specifically, though there was someone else in the room he didn’t recognize at all. That made the situation all that much more complicated.

”Well, this is awkward.” Morgan said. For someone who was in an Imperial jail cell, she was looking surprisingly good. ”Can’t say I expected to find you in here.”
”It is a jail cell. You can’t be too surprised that there was someone or other in here.”

“That makes two of us.” Tseneca replied.

”Understandably.” Morgan replied. He glanced between Tseneca and her sleeping friend. He was kind of at a loss at how to proceed, especially since he couldn’t just leave the two and walk out of the cell as if nothing had happened.

“This is good, this is... not what i expected... but good.” She said, clearly happier about the situation than Morgan was. He couldn’t blame her, considering she was locked up while as far as he knew, the Imperials still didn’t know he was even on board the ship. “So... do you have a plan or is this a seat of your pants kind of deal?”

”A little from column ‘A’, a little from ‘B’.” Morgan replied. ”I’ve got a long-term vision going here, but I’ve mostly been making it happen as things happen. Kind of like stumbling upon you two.”

He wandered over to the bunks to take a closer look at the other prisoner. He was young, couldn’t have been an adult.

“Artistic. Well said.” He heard Tseneca say. He looked in her direction to see that she was grinning. He looked back to the kid when heard him stir.

“He's a little hungover.” She explained, then continued. “And I should mention one of our party is in the next cell, and I have a feeling she’s a little worse for wear. We'll have to come up with something a little more substantial, game-plan wise...”

”There’s more of you?” Morgan asked. That was not news he wanted to hear. Not the kind of news he wanted to hear at all. He had created a plan for a single person. Now he was getting the sense that he had fallen into the lap of a small team.

”Things just got a lot more complicated.” ZIM said.
”Yeah…” Morgan replied, considering just all the complications this little discovery had brought upon him.

“Isn't there always?” Tseneca said as her eyes narrowed. “I seem to get a new crew member once a week.”

She shook her head as she tried to get to the matter at hand.

“Anyway, we have to be carefull, once the commander on this ship finds us gone, which shouldn't take long, there'll be hell to pay. Where's you're ship?”
”My ship?” Morgan asked. He hoped she hadn’t been planning to use it to escape as he considered just where Norrteth might have been at the moment. ”I can't tell you for sure where my ship is right now, but last time I saw it, it had jumped to hyperspace. Long story short, Nico stunned me in the back while whoever wasn't captured were getting to safety, I got left behind and picked up by some troopers, escaped and stole their shuttle, and used that shuttle to help get my pal and what is technically HIS past the blockade.”

Tseneca cocked her eyebrow as she heard his story.

“Um. wow. okay...” She said, as if she was calculating, though he wouldn’t have doubted she was at least a tad disappointed at the news.

“No ship then.” She said, then raised her finger a second later and continued. “I’m thinking, if we're careful, we could hijack a shuttle with little or no trouble...”
”That was actually my plan, more or less.” Morgan said. ”Though it was more a long-term plan that involved staying hidden until I knew I could pull it off without dying.”
”A plan that has already been put into jeopardy more than once.”

He glanced towards the door and back. It wasn’t good that he was staying here as long as he was. There was no telling when someone might show up who wouldn’t be nearly as friendly.

”Funny how you mentioned what happens when the commander discovers you're missing. You aren't on a deadline or anything, are you? Execution schedule or that kind of thing?”

Tseneca looked at him, first wary, then angrily.

“Wait…” she said, then poked a finger at him. “You're going to leave us here?”

The womans eyes flashed as she shook her head. It felt like she was peering deep into his soul.

"I should have known. You back stabbing son of a--"
”No, I don't plan to leave you here.” Morgan said, cutting her off and raising his hands defensively.
”Technically, I think you are.” ZIM added.
”Ok, yes, I do, but not long term.” Morgan said, as much agreeing with ZIM as he was agreeing with Tseneca.” Just until I finish sneaking around so that I can find a way to turn off the tractor beams and whatever else I have to deal with so that I don't get killed or captured between them discovering I'm here, flying a ship out of the hanger bay, and getting to hyperspace.”

He indicated back to himself.

”I completely intend to come back for you before I actually leave the ship.” He finished, his voice full of sincerity.

Tseneca lifted her nose at him.

"Well now that the doors open, I'm not sure I even need you're help.” She said, though Morgan could tell she was bluffing.

”Yeah, good luck with that.” He replied, making it clear he didn’t buy it. “Like you said, I'm sure the station will be swept from top to bottom once they discover that you're missing.”
”Think maybe you should do something to help improve the situation?”

Morgan sighed, as he was forced to admit he probably wasn’t handling the situation as best as he could.

”Look, I get that you want to get out of here. But let's consider the situation. Me, they don't know I'm here. At least as far as I know. You, however, I can't imagine that it'll take them long to notice that you're missing. So bringing you with me means that my chances of remaining hidden, and thus sneaking around so I can do my job, kind of goes down the tubes.”

He paused for a brief moment, hoping his words would register with her on some level.

”You know what I'm saying?”

Stubbornly, the woman waved her hand at him dismissively and turned her back on him. “Fine. Go slink around the air ducts like a coward. We'll deal with this ourselves."

That was good enough for Morgan. He turned towards the door and was prepared to thank her and leave till he had a ship ready. However, before he could do any of that, she dropped a bombshell on him.

"Although...” He heard her say. “there's nothing telling what I might say concerning said rat in the air ducts should Krauss come back to interrogate me. Just a thought..."

He stopped dead in his tracks and grimaced as she said exactly the kind of thing he hoped she wouldn’t say.

”D’oh.” He quietly exclaimed under his breath. He turned around and returned to where the woman was standing.
”This can not end well.”

”You’re evil, you know that?” Morgan said, his finger pointed at her.

Tseneca shrugged, and crossed her arms. "What can I say, I’m well practiced."

He sighed, hoping this change of plans would take a turn for the worse later rather than sooner.

”Alright. First things first. If we’re going to break out of here, we need to get him up and moving.” He pointed to the kids still sleeping body.

”I’m not carrying his body around. Done enough of that already.”

(Joint post approved)
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, June 19th 2011 12:50pm    Post subject:

"No one is carrying anybody." Kris rose from his faked slumber. He wasn't one to really intervene, especially when Tseneca handled everything so well. The facts were a little strewed at the moment, but he believed the man who Tseneca had called Morgan was right. They should stay here and allow him to do all the dirty work. The only problem, she didn't trust him. And Kris didn't like the idea of putting their hopes on a stranger, when the door was open now. When he came around he noticed the man was half-cyborg. Interesting. His father would love to ask this freak a couple of questions, maybe even poke around in the cyborg side.

"Good, let's move." Tseneca responded and gave a hand towards the door, allowing Morgan to lead.

Kris approached her quickly and under his breath, whispered, "You sure this is a good idea?"

"Beats hanging around in a cell and playing dinner parties with a lunatic." Tseneca answered and they followed the half-human, half-machine towards the door. He wasn't sure how long this charade would last, but she was right, it was better than hanging around the cell and waiting to be served on a diplomatic platter. At least this way gave him a chance to get himself out of this situation.

"All right then, ladies first." Kris suggested, feeling awkward about sneaking around an Imperial Star Destroyer.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, June 19th 2011 01:05pm    Post subject:

”Woah, woah, woah.” Morgan said, holding his arms out. ”First, glad to see you’re up and moving. Second, we don’t just walk out the door.”

The two stopped and looked at him, the kid not sure what was going on and Tseneca with a glare that practically could have cut his head off.

”We need a plan. Of some kind or other.” He continued. ”Something that leaves them guessing about what’s really going on.”

He looked towards the door, hoping the two might be willing to not just rush out right away, though having a feeling they were more interested in getting out of the cell ASAP.

”Any thoughts about when and in what numbers the next set of guards might show up? Maybe ambush them and make it look like you two maybe escaped on your own or something?”

”You’re really uneasy about this whole thing.”
”Well, yeah. My cover is about to be blown. I have my doubts I can shoot everyone on this ship.”
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, June 19th 2011 01:08pm    Post subject:

Sara was standing on the edge, overlooking the desert-canyon that once held a mining operation. Between them and the tree line, a long abandoned town and zero resources that could help them escape this planet. Jonas came out of the cave and stood behind her, taking a moment to collect the view, before he sighed a sound of relief. They had taken a half-hour to climb to this altitude, away from the landing zones of the Blight Leaper and the Khan, which was now directly below them.

"I say this is secluded enough," Jonas chuckled, "Look I just wanted to say sorry about all the drama between us. I know it has bothered you, maybe even the reason you left in the first place..." He wasn't sure where to begin, "I wanna hear what has happened since you left. Everything." He smiled and took a seat, letting his feet dangle from the clifftop.

With everything going on with Rylii, Jonas needed to find solace in those he could trust. The fact that Valexxia had used him, and later, Rylii, was haunting him. No one believed him, at least, not yet. Kuat had concocted another fail safe, but it was only a matter of time before they reconnected with Alisson. Then all the lies he ever told would come crashing down on him. Jonas sighed, he didn't like to feel this way, so helpless, so misunderstood.

It would change, but it needed to start with the person he felt most distant from, Sara. They needed to be close again, like they were in the beginning. Just now that she knows, not in the way she thought it would lead to. He needed to right this wrong, if she was willing.

Tag: Orrion Carn
 Back to top »
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, June 19th 2011 01:19pm    Post subject:

Kris snorted, "You can't be serious?" He looked at Tseneca, then back to the cyborg, "All right, its only a matter of time before they discover we are missing. While she's been a bit less talkative about her importance in all this, I think we are two prizes the Empire collected here today. Otherwise, we'd be crammed into a cargo shuttle and shipped off to a processing station, then to a prison world." Tseneca gave him a look, "I heard a couple of troopers talk about it, and judging by their conversation, we'd die a horrible, horrible forced-labor death. And since we weren't chosen for that, there is another purpose for each of us."

"Do you have a point?" Tseneca growled, a little flustered by the sudden hesitation of the cyborg.

"Yeah, they are going to know someone bailed us out. I say we knock a random Imperial out and make it look like an inside job."

Tseneca shrugged, "Our companion is a slicer, a really good one. She should be able to make it look like the officer did all this. At least long enough to distract them."

Kris folded his arms, "The longer we wait in here, the more chances of a shift change." He looked at Tseneca, trying to stress the next thing he said, "I can get us around in the air ducts, if we split up, I've been around a Star Destroyer more than once." Kris avoided the conversation of security feeds, it was a good chance they already knew the cyborg was on board, most of the air ducts had physical motion sensors any ways.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sun, June 19th 2011 03:28pm    Post subject:

”Alright, kid.” Morgan said, relenting with a sigh. ”You win. Lead the way.”

He took off his blaster pistol and rifle, handing the first to the kid and the larger weapon to Tseneca.

”Hoping we don’t end up needing to use these, but just in case we do…” He said as he gave them the blaster weapons.

”I presume you know how to use this?” He said to the kid.

"What about you?" Tseneca asked, indicating Morgan's lack of obvious weaponry, his grenade launcher notwithstanding.

A click could be heard from Morgan's arm as he popped out his wrist blaster.

"I think I'll manage." He said nonchalantly.
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Sun, June 19th 2011 04:07pm    Post subject:

Tseneca took a second to stare at Morgans wrist. Dully impressed.

"I've said it before and I'll say it again... nice equipment." She flashed him a grin, giving him the benefit of the doubt. Now that she had something of the upper hand, it wouldn't hurt to turn on the charm a bit. He gave her a narrow look. "Lets go." She said.

They sidled into the outside corridor, making as little noise as possible. Tseneca gestured to adjacent cell, and Morgan took the intitiative, getting it open with little trouble.

The inside wasn't as bad as Tseneca had expected. While Coral reposed, half sitting against the wall of her cell, what she had thought would be a blood bath or worse turned out to be more of a stupor on the part of her friend.

Tseneca approached and touched her shoulder, noting her crusted fingernails and awkward pose. Then again maybe she was worse off...

"Coral. Coral wake up." Tseneca shook her gently.

Coral's eyes, both blackened and swollen, fluttered open. "Tseneca?" She gasped, and her eyes opened wider in surprise. "What... how...?"

Tseneca shook her head. "No time, can you stand?"

Coral made a grunting noise and hoisted herself up. "I'll manage."

Tseneca smiled at her. If there was one thing about her friend it was that she was resilient. She pulled her to her feet and the other woman leaned her weight a little on her. Tseneca turned to the men, who were watching the door with undiluted attention. She didn't know how they were going to play this, uncertain of where to go from here.

"What now?" She asked.
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sun, June 19th 2011 05:20pm    Post subject:

Sara contemplated what Jonas was saying. He certainly made the best guess on Sara leaving because of him. Not for the same reasons as he was likely thinking, but because she didn’t want Jonas to go through another Valexxia. Sara had no idea what kind of powers she’d have and didn’t want to hurt Jonas, all she knew was that Valexxia had to have a connection to the Force in order to control Jonas like she did. The breeze up here blew through Sara’s hair, that was possibly an obvious dramatic change to Jonas, having only seen her with her previous shoulder-length hair.

“There sure was a lot of it back then huh?” Sara smirked, remembering how it had stressed her back then in that love-triangle. She’d learned that it was only in her head, she was just a third wheel for them. Now that she’s…matured in a sense, she understood now she was happy for Jonas and Lucas. She was actually surprised when Lucas told her they had separated. Sara shook her head.

“Before I tell you what I’ve been up to, there’s something I need to tell you.” She had to admit why she left on Naboo, using that favor so she didn’t have to answer Jonas. “You already know I’ve seen the memory of Valexxia from the time you were in the Sarlacc, and when I was part of it too.” Sara said. “I know she hurt you, I know how you felt afterwards. Strange what that Sarlacc can do.” She laughed, or in the least tried to. It was still a spine-tingling subject. “She must be Force-Sensitive, no way a human could just make someone snap like that. I didn’t give it a second thought for a while, then I found out I was Force-Sensitive.”

Sara paused, gathering her thoughts. “That’s why I left, Jonas. I didn’t want to become another Valexxia. I didn‘t know any other way to say it, so that‘s why I used the favor on you.”

Sara let Jonas take it in. She’d tell him what had happened since she left in a minute, she just needed to get this off her chest.

Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest
The Invasion of Bakura First Previous Next Latest

Coral Callatros
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, June 19th 2011 10:44pm    Post subject:

Coral took a moment to collect the situation, still believing she was hallucinating her 'rescue'. Some quick questions delivered terrible news, they didn't have a ship waiting in the docks or a boarding party taking care of the Imperials, they were simply alone scavenging the inside of a command vessel. "This might not be the brightest idea." She breathed, her fingers slowly touching the outside of her left eye, which was swollen shut. One of the Imperials had used a tool, it would take a week before it would properly heal itself.

"Would you rather we lay you down back inside?" The voice was oddly familiar and she placed the tone from the Galactic Core, and with the superior throttle of the ending of his sentence, he was Kuati. His posture suggested he was a member of one of the Royal Families, though it was his physical closeness to Lucas that most likely put him inside the Ruling Family itself. How charming.

"Kris," Tseneca breathed, a little annoyed by the severity of their situation, "We need to get out of his section, does anyone know the way?"

"We should move towards the officer quarters. Pick one, and seed the confusion. You up to a little slicing work?" He was speaking to her and she only folded her arms.

"I've been doing this longer than you've been around, kid." Coral looked to Tseneca, "Where did you pick him up?"

The cyborg, who hadn't said anything, held up his hand, someone was coming....
 Back to top »
Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, June 20th 2011 12:41am    Post subject:

Jonas breathed a bit before speaking, "Sara, I do not think you'd ever become another Valexxia. What she did to me, was dark, evil..." He turned to her, "You are the farthest away from that... you wouldn't do something like that." He tried to skip around what actually had happened, instead, focused on her. She was really twisted and wrapped into this thought, though he could tell she was ready to move passed it. It was strange how much pull Valexxia had, even here to someone she never met. Though he never thought about her using the Force, he never understood their capabilities, nor was he ever attuned to those that were sensitive to it like others were.

She had been present on a few shipping runs back when he worked for Boots, though he couldn't recall any instances that revealed she was a Force-user. But, Sara was absolutely correct. She needed to hear this, "You're right about Valexxia, she wanted me to forget about her. Though the curious part is probably the fact that she wanted me to trust and obey everything that Rylii said."

He let that thought linger. What was Rylii's true purpose in all this? Why would he blame Alisson, knowing that she was just a comm link away. Though by now, he probably scrambled the channels, they wouldn't be able to reach her. Still, it would be only a matter of time before they piece together his true purpose here. Jonas let out a sigh at how complicated things were, it was almost unbearable. "Where do we go from here, Sara?"

Valexxia First Previous Next Latest
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Mon, June 20th 2011 01:48am    Post subject:

Sara fell silent for a while. This was a predicament they were in. If Kuat was in with Valexxia, well, she probably should have shot him back when she had the chance. Crap, it seemed like the whole galaxy was against the crew. She let out a sigh, Jonas had been waiting long enough. It wasn’t a horrible wait, it was a nice view.
“I think I need to tell you where I’ve been up to before we get to that point.” She said, turning to Jonas with a cheekily smile.

She leaned backwards and began to recall what happened since she left. How she had vague control over her powers on Corellia, the occasional stone that would fly in a random direction, the glass or three that would crack out of no where. Looking back, she laughed at the randomness of the minor chaos she was causing, but the fact is she was scared out of her mind on Corellia. She explained after a few drinks she encountered Sean Tavell, a Jedi Knight, who after a few inappropriate attempts to get with her, finally sobered up enough to reveal his status in the Jedi Order and offer his help.

After a night of resting off a hangover on his ship, their training began with some meditation. It went about as well as one would expect, a lot of work for little progress. But after that first lesson the rest seemed to fall into place. She was still a ways off from the level of Lucas, let alone Sean, but she was taking the first steps. Sean informed her of his mission assigned by the Council to investigate a murder, though she left out the part of it being Sean’s father, until later. They traveled to Kashyyyk while following the trail of the murderer, where she met with her uncle. Found out she had a brother, Ganner Soto, many years older than her. He was long dead, however, she made a note of mentioning.

They continued to Dantooine, the last known location of the murderer. Surprisingly, she found Badim and Clare. She was informed of what happened on Bespin. No need to bring that up.

Sean found the murderer, and Sara got her first chance to activate her training saber outside the ship. She found Sean, honestly the whole situation was a bit vague, clouded with adrenaline. All she knew was Sean held on from killing the murderer outright until the authorities arrived, where he did the right thing and let them take care of him.

They went to the Dantooine crystal caves the next morning, where she would create her new lightsaber. Faithfully she unclipped it from her belt and handed it over to Jonas for him to take a look at, she made a note Sean had made it for her. He was once a friend of Ganner, and engraved the medallion that was given to family and friends at his funeral on it, with the words Honor to the dead - That they live on in our hearts engraved around it. It held meaning for her, she never knew Ganner, maybe a vague memory or two about him, but she was too young to remember him.
She told him from then on, Sean just couldn’t keep his hands to himself. So in protest she left the very next stop. She left out the parts on him kissing her, she was a little embarrassed that Sean had kissed her, being the second person who had ever kissed her, or in the case of Badim, been kissed by her. After seeing Clare alive, she still felt awkward on doing that to Badim. She just hoped she understood that Badim needed comfort in that trial.

She moved on to her returning to Kashyyyk to meditate more in the Shadowlands, hone her abilities where no one but predators would be harmed. She sold one of her blaster pistols to purchase a ticket to, well, Bakura. She admitted to Jonas that she had had a sort of vision of meeting the crew here. It was too vague to be as clear as Go to Bakura!, but there was a beacon, she just let the Force guide her to Bakura. She left out her vision that came true on the bombardment, however.

Sara turned to Jonas, “And that’s about it.” She smiled at him and asked. “So, I’m up to speed on what happened on Bespin, what else have I missed?”

Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Bakura
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15

Jump to: