Main Site Forums Holonet Tools About
Forum Index Rules Log in Search Profile Memberlist Usergroups Log in to check your private messages Register
Bespin: Cloud City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Bespin: Cloud City
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, October 11th 2010 04:06am    Post subject:

Bespin's morning was different than most. Lucas had taken the liberty to entertain himself, and explore the tallest artificial peak. He sat, Jedi meditation style, as the high-winds wooshed past him. It took a small amount of balance and constant attention powered by the Force to remain in place, but he was able to explore his mind and the galaxy itself. For a while he hovered on the space station, collecting the general vibe and nature of the guests attending. It was darker than he thought, but it was to be expected in such a gambler's haven. The galaxy was much more difficult to read, some legendary Masters like Obi Wan or Yoda were known to sense and observe something taking place lightyears away with such precision, it was as though they were there. Lucas aspired to attain this level of meditation.

A caw of a foreign bird broke his concentration, extracting him from the Force-induced line of thought. Lucas opened his eyes, curious to find a Rylian Sparrow cruising. You won't find any meals here, friend. Lucas wondered if a traveler had accidentally released the bird, and decided to probe the creature's emotions. Birds were different than other species, and not every Jedi could collectively translate or differentiate between their own and the fauna, but Lucas had a natural gift. His connection with the wampa on Hoth being the most recent, though the same could be said with the giant lizard on Felucia.

Lucas closed his eyes, the bird was indeed from a foreign world, its memories placing it somewhere on Corellia, the skyline of Coronet being one of its most recent observations. Next came the inside of a shuttle and primitive agitation. Here, though, among the Clouds, the bird was quite comfortable, but most of all, free. It translated differently than Lucas could ever feel, and he embraced it.

After nearly an hour, he felt Jonas' impatience, and Tseneca's eagerness to depart the planet, and return to the task at retrieving her ship. Anakin had kept unusually quiet, but stopped to give him a farewell. "I'm returning to Coruscant, there are some family matters I wish to attend to. You won't do something incredibly stupid?"

"No more than I usually do."

"Good," Anakin folded his arms, it was a defensive message, one that Leia would frequent against her husband. "Lucas, be safe and come back in one piece."

"I will, Master. May the Force be with you."

Anakin bowed to match his apprentice, and returned the phrase, but added, "I want you to learn something from the planet of the dead. Be careful with your feelings, Lucas, guard them. I have sensed something on this planet, I seek meditation and counsel." That was interesting. Lucas was surprised he was telling him this. "Something isn't quite right in the galaxy, and I've never experienced darkness so black as this. It is almost as though it were raw emotion, hatred and anger that a Jedi cannot imagine. Though discreetly concealed. It worries me that it was so close."

Lucas turned his head, "Master, do you have any idea what this could mean? Are there Darker Jedi afoot?"

"I do not know," It was an honest facial expression, "I will know more when I speak to my Aunt, until then. May the Force be with you, Lucas. Stay in touch."

Lucas bowed a second time, and watched Solo disappear into the crowd of people. The crew of the Blight Leaper had been gathered, more or less, now that Badim, Clare and H6 were absent. In their place, Coral, Master Durron and Rylii, though Kuat was not necessarily present at the moment. "We're all checked out. What's the plan?" Jonas handed over the confirmation tags, and remaining credit sticks.

"I've been thinking about that." Lucas turned, "Mycah doesn't know half of us, and I suggest we divide and conquer here. It doesn't make sense for all of us to travel aboard the Escrow and end up in some kind of trap. Jonas, Sethe and Tseneca will continue as planned. Coral, Rylii-" The Kuati royalty outcast had finally shown. He looked mildly depressed, and aloof, "and I will travel separately. Rylii and I will go as Kuati citizens looking to secure a lot for a Kau'Taki."

Coral suggested, "I have some contacts on the world. Mycah uses the holonet as his point of entry in ninety-eight percent of his cyber attacks. Using the Escrow, we'll trace his signal. He might be one hell of computer genius, but we'll have a few tricks up our sleeves and most importantly he couldn't guess New Republic Intelligence was waiting for him."

"Sounds good." Lucas nodded, watching a KDY Lamda shuttle grace the skies, piercing the clouds perfectly, before landing nearby. Lucas loved the ways the wings folded. A squad of stormtroopers followed out, and held their position. "That's our ride." He looked over to Rylii, who automatically, without a word to anyone, walked to the ship. Lucas embraced Jonas and held him for a while, before kissing him across the cheek. He shook Sethe's hand, and hugged Tseneca. With a bow to Master Durron, they were off.

Hope this was all right. Tseneca/Sethe/Jonas aboard the Escrow. Durron on his starfighter. Lucas/Rylii on the Imperial Shuttle. Coral taking private transport and connecting with NRI agents on the surface.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, October 11th 2010 12:23pm    Post subject:

http://unity.swrpgs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10681#10681
 Back to top »
Kristopher Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, July 11th 2011 03:37am    Post subject:

The medical team ran about four nurses, a couple of medical droids and a doctor that looked like he was fresh out of the medical academy. He seemed to know what he was doing, though Kris laughed as Alisson passed right through, ignoring him and his staff. Kris let the medical droid poke and prod his wounds, before issuing a room number and offering to transfer him there via hover-bed, but they all chose to walk. On one side of the room, was Tseneca with an array of technicians running gadgets over her belly, before scanning upwards and around her face. Lucas was receiving small injections, a thinner for the all the tranquilizers he had received in the last 72 hours, while a medical droid was inhumanely correcting the broken finger bones in Kristopher's left hand.

Jonas was sitting nearby, his stare into the condition of his brother made him a little uneasy. It wasn't uncommon for Kuati to take partners of a lower caste, but Eisley had little to nothing attached to his name. Bella had talked for many hours about the bond the two had shared, spending a significant amount of time around the Sarlacc pit and how the two had managed to escape. "Argh!" Kris let out, retracting his finger from the cold clutches of the artificial nurse.

"I'm sorry, sir. We have corrected the issues and applied a topical ointment for the bruises. The bacta should heal it quite nicely."

Kris examined the wound Krauss had given him, but not as much as Lucas had when he walked over. Kris stood up and followed his brother as he approached the woman somewhat resisting the medical scan to the face. He looked her over several times, before sweeping out of the room without another glance. Kris remained where he was and smiled at her. "He seems a bit moody?"

Tseneca let out what could almost be a growl, while shoving the medical droid's tool from her face, "I've already tried that. No, not that kind." She slipped off the table and grabbed a bacta container with a neon yellow symbol, and left the room. Kris was about to follow her, but instead turned his attention to Jonas.

"So, what happened to Sethe and Coral?"

Jonas was waiting for a vitamin supplement to fill, to help some kind of viral infection he had picked up in the woods, and the water they had drank. His voice was slow and followed a long yawn, "Coral is in critical care, we probably won't see her for a while. She was pretty bad, might even need a full bacta tank for a couple of hours...."

"And Sethe?"

"Yeah. Not sure where to begin on him. Maybe Lucas should talk to you about that."

Kris folded his arms. It was awkward being the odd man out. It seemed like was constantly interrupting, like it was one giant party, and he was the one guy everyone didn't want to come. "Okay....." Kris turned and walked away, enjoying the freedom while it lasted. He knew he'd have to contact his mother soon, and when she found out he was on Bespin, she was going to freak and send a whole squadron of TIEs to collect him. Kris turned in to the luxury suite early, choosing to shower first. The water ran for almost an hour, his skin wrinkled and pruny at the fingertips as he toweled himself dry. He slipped into the silk fabric sheets and drifted into a peaceful sleep, the clay-colored cloudcars being the last he saw for the night.
 Back to top »
Lucas Pallanén-Davad
Alex

Post Posted: Mon, July 11th 2011 04:07am    Post subject:

Lucas wasn't sure where to begin with everything that had happened in the last couple of days, but he didn't feel like sitting in a room and staring at everyone's wounds. He felt Tseneca's presence behind him, she was dabbing her finger inside a bacta cup, and touching her face when he spun around to meet her. "Idiot droids, I swear." Lucas flashed her a smile, it was good to see she wasn't too wrapped up on their conversation before on the Leaper.

"Look, I didn't mean to -"

"I know." She slipped the rest of the medical supplies into her pocket.

"That might be considered stealing, you know."

Tseneca playfully rolled her eyes on her face while folding her arms. "They can take it up with their supplier...I feel like you want to talk about something?"

"Yeah, but maybe later. Ask me again. I'm just glad you are okay. You had me a little worried." He wanted to dive into a conversation about Sethe, and maybe just how much he didn't like the guy. The whole situation didn't sit right with him, and sure, she could brush it off like nothing happened, but it did happen. And soon, she'd have a child and putting that kid's life at risk just by being around him.

"No. Not later, now. What's up?"

"What happened up there? What happened with Rylii?"

Tseneca pulled his arm and together they stopped at a window. Bespin was a rare find in the galaxy, especially the way the sun sets across the clouds. "He did try to kill me here, on Bespin. Then again on Bakura, though ultimately he handed me over to Krauss - which honestly, could've been worse than death. He's a frakkin' liar, and I knew it from the start."

"What do you mean, could've been worse than death?" Lucas repeated, almost exactly the way she had emphasized it.

Tseneca explained the dinner party, the cell and meeting Kris for the first time. She realized their predicament and how her baby would be born under not only the True Empire, but delivered to Krauss. She was concerned on Emmett, and how much it seemed to bother Krauss that they were connected. She included the way the officers had mostly positive thoughts, like he was a hero. She wasn't sure what that meant, if he was a hero to the True Empire, what kind of man did that make him?

Lucas felt something, she was torn here. She was curious to his past, to what he had become in the True Empire, for all those years they were separated. She talked about Krauss and how she agreed to bargain for their lives in exhange for a treaty or non-aggression pact with Thyferra. Lucas was livid on that point, but kept that to himself. Instead, he allowed her explain, as carefully as she could, the decision that Krauss had given her. In a revelation and on the belief Krauss was about to destroy the Blight Leaper and all of them on the surface, she was allowed to pick one soul to save.

She chose Kris.

And that had inadvertently led to his torment and torture, producing the vicious wounds Lucas had so vividly promised to bring to justice. In a strange way, he blamed Tseneca. He blamed her rash emotions, her inability to withhold her tongue. And maybe she felt this, for she apologized.. It was a matured apology, one that was left unquestioned from a situation that was impossible to brood over.

He hugged her and accepted everything that had happened, even though she didn't need to give any kid of apology. What they had been through, was horrible enough, and he was just glad they all made it out alive. "Look, I'm sorry about Rylii, but I believe he is telling the truth."

It was like everything they had just talked about, all the happy feelings of survival and friendship was sucked away in an airlock exposed to space. Lucas felt the Force tingle, in a way that would alert him to block a blaster bolt from an enemy weapon. He was in danger here, just maybe not physically.

"Lucas?!" She said, her voice flat and dry. "I-." She tossed up her hands making a gesture, "This.... is incredible. After everything he has done, after everything he admitted to you, you still believe he is good?! And don't give me that whole redemption of the soul shit. You know what I mean, and I do not need to hear any 'good is a point of view' Jedi bullshit."

Lucas shifted uncomfortably. "Look, Tseneca. The Force tells me he is a friend. I felt that same feeling in the Oxanna Cantina when I first saw you.... I-"

"No." She blurted, "Just..." She walked away, the doors shutting as she passed through their sensors.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, July 11th 2011 02:00pm    Post subject:

Frakking Lucas....

She stormed down the hallway, taking the stairs onto the main causeway two at a time, her energy was so pent up. The turn she'd taken in the bacta chamber had willed her limbs to move again, and she hadn't liked being so sedentary. Not to mention she was mad as a tossed wamp rat. She could feel Lucas behind her and walked faster. The collar of her jacket yanked backward a little and she slowed. She spun around in the middle of the thoroughfare, a few of the city's citizens making clucking noises as they had to maneuver around her.

She thrust a finger at Lucas as he caught up to her. "You are beyond naive."

He frowned. "Names? really? I thought we were past that."

She shook her head and sighed heavily and lowered her voice so they wouldn't make a scene. "look at yourself. Why are you going to give Ryles so many more chances than I know you would give any other ordinary criminal. Thats what he is, a criminal. He's dangerous, Lucas."

Lucas narrowed his eyes. "So's Sethe. I don't see you dumping him this side of the galazy either."

She pulled backward, an unmistakable ache growing in her chest. "As it happens, It looks like you won't have to worry about him anymore. He's leaving."

Lucas looked genuinely surprised, and his face softened a little. "What? what happened?"

"I--" She looked at the crowds of people coming and going, then back at him, refocusing. "Nothing. It doesn't matter. The point is, Rylii is bad news. He tried to kill me, twice!"

"It's not about you!" Lucas' voice was suddenly angry, he hissed at her with conviction. "It's not about you, or your issues, or this motley little broken crew you've pieced together. Why can't you understand that there is so much more going on here than what happens on your half-beat of a ship?"

She raised a hand, her eyes flashing. "Watch it, kid."

"No." He shook his head. "You're so wrapped up in your own little world you can't see whats going on."

She flung her hands up in frustration. "How can I if you wont let me in!"

He quieted a little, mumbling. "it's more complicated than that."

it was. She could feel the turmoil inside him like a pot of water on to boil. she felt a helplessness, but also an underlying desire, and a rage. She took him by the shoulders, speaking out of desperation for what she had seen in her vision on board Krauss's ship... for what she continued to feel in him. "Fine. If you can't tell me, then tell Kyp. Tell Anakin. Lucas, tell someone before this thing gets out of hand." She felt his tension relax a little, and found his dark eyes beneath a furrowed brow, the eyes of a young man, confused and facing things she couldn't imagine. "I don't want to lose you, not like I lost him. Please."

He pressed his palms to her hands and, giving them a squeeze, lifted them from his shoulders. He exhaled, seeming exhausted.

"Our little family has become so broken." Was all he said.
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, July 11th 2011 02:35pm    Post subject:

(Continues From Here.)

When Morgan woke up, the first thing he noticed was that the ship had stopped moving. The second was that someone had placed some food and drink next to him. It was meager, but better than nothing.

”THANK YOU!” He said out loud to no one in particular, hoping that whoever was responsible would hear him.

Morgan savored the sustenance for longer than should have been possible given how much was there, letting the liquid sit in his mouth and chewing slowly as he walked around, looking for a viewport. When he found one, he quickly recognized where they were.

Rapidly finishing off what remained of his food and drink, Morgan rushed off the ship and made a beeline for the city itself. He wasn’t full, not by a long shot, and he was determined to find the closest restaurant or buffet and eat till he was full.
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Mon, July 11th 2011 02:48pm    Post subject:

Sethe had watched them as they pulled Coral dripping out of the tank, let them dry her and remove the oxygen mask from her face. It hadn't taken her long to come out of the stupor the anesthetics caused, and her eyes drifted to him.

"Company?" She'd said, and smiled a little.

It was mid afternoon now, and she was propped up under close supervision by the 2-1b droids littering the station. She looked good. almost whole again were it not for the discoloration of her skin where her bruises were, or her missing nails. Her dark hair was still damp and hung over her shoulder in a thick braid. She laid a card down next to her and watched as Sethe matched it. He looked at her slender hands and tried not to grimice. It was good to not worry so much about fight or flight. Not now.

"What did they say about... you know." Her voice was soft.

He shifted his hand. "They gave me a series of neuroloptics Im supposed to try. They want to keep me under observation. No one has seen a human with T.S., they want to guinea pig me."

She smirked. "I can't imagine that works for you."

"Not hardly." he said and smacked one of the higher suits he had down. he smiled. Winning hands were good for him. last time he was here hed been speculated for counting cards. Really he was just lucky.

"So, whats this I hear about you taking off?"

Straight and to the point was this woman. "Word travels fast."

She shrugged. "Sethe, I'm NR intelligence, I make it my job to know things. Don't act so surprised. You're commissioning a ship?"

"As soon as I can, yes."

Coral was concentrating hard on her hand, and he knew she was calculating. He cut her some slack.

"I got a call from an old... business associate from way back when. Looks like he might have a job for me. The sooner I get back to Corouscant the better. I could do with a paying gig for once."

"So that's the motivation? the money?" She said in a non-committal, semi offhanded way.

"I can only take blight-leaping so far before I start to go a little stir crazy. Anyway, I thought I should ask you to come with me, I can give you a lift back to central."

She snorted. "ooh no. I won't have any of that again flyboy." She picked over her cards, placing them and replacing them. "If you're having trouble in paradise, go find yourself a different rebounder."

He could feel his cheeks go warm, but he flashed a grin at her. "Disappointing. oh well, It was worth a shot."

"And then he shoulders the argument ... very coy." She pushed her cards down. A full house.

He looked at her, her eyes were light, but there was something behind them. A sadness. "What do you want me to say?" He said.

"I want you to listen to yourself." She said, and sat back on the pillows. "After all of this, after everything, are you really just going to run away?"

"I'm not running."

"Trust me, I know running. Cant kid a kidder." She made sure he was looking at her. "I will say this, make sure you count your losses before you call the shots. Don't make any rash decisions you're going to live to regret."

He pushed himself off the edge of the bed. "Sage advice." he said and she gave him a warm smile. "now if you'll excuse me, I have a ship to hire."
 Back to top »
Kyp Durron
Kyp

Post Posted: Mon, July 11th 2011 03:05pm    Post subject:

During they're short trip Kyp had found time to dress his own bumps and bruises before showering all the dust and dirt off as well. While the rest of the crew moved into the hospital he himself had stayed behind trying to locate the one named "Jane" from the masses of individuals inside.

The hospital was more crowded this time around, he had suspicions that was due to Bakura. Kyp dived deep past the walls of the hospital, past the haze of sedated pain, and found her moving about. She had grown more conscious of her meaning in the universe. Perhaps he had left parts of her mind untouched in his haste to rid her of the horrible memories she had attained.

He entered the hospital and was immediately greeted by droids. Their offers for assistance were casually brushed aside even as they took the liberty to assess his injuries. "Master Jedi, you have severe bruising on your back and right bicep. Perhaps we can," the droid stopped when Kyp raised his hand.

"No need, please direct me to the patient under the name Jane Doe," he said with an underlying tone of annoyance.

"Searching database......" The droids eyes filled with information for a moment then it seemed to pop back to life. "No such patient exists at this time. Patient Jane Doe was discharged of her own volition. Jane Doe now serves the hospital as a intern nurse. Her expertise are widely appreciated here."

"Take me to her," Kyp said with a motion of his arm. He wasn't sure if the droid could understand the gesture to take the lead. The two of them entered the elevator and the droid pressed the appropriate level from the list.

"Is there any reason that she is being sought out by a Jedi Master such as yourself? She has not done something wrong? Who are you? Which enclave do you come from?" The list of questions went on till Kyp reached in with the force and disconnected the droids audio output.

"Shut up and take me to her. That is all you need to know." The droid still moved it's arms trying to replicate human gestures of discontent. When the elevator stopped Kyp physically pushed the droid out and pointed down the hall. "Move it."

A short trip down the hall and the two turned and stopped at the entrance to a room with multiple beds, each containing a child. Kyp reconnected the droids audio output. Suddenly a spurt of audio came blasting out of it's speaker. Jane turned held her hand out and rushed over. "Shhh," she said with a finger held in between her lips. "Don't wake the children. Go on, get out of here," she said eying both the droid and Jedi Master.

While the droid turned Kyp did not. She stared deep into his eyes, searching for a reason not to strike out at him. She exited the room, shutting the door behind her with an unseen energy. "Who the hell are you?"

So she had not lost all of her ability or perhaps she had learned that in the time the two had been separated. "I am Jedi Master Kyp Durron. You must come to Coruscant to be properly trained as a Knight of the Jedi Order."

The words came as a shock to her as she closed her notebook. "I don't know what you want with me," she raised her hand before Kyp could interject. "Besides, I thought Jedi were supposed to be subtle."

"Common misconception, I am afraid. When we last spoke I could not retrieve you from this place," Kyp said in an even tone.

"This place is my home. I help the sick here. When we last spoke you disappeared. I have been left wondering what the hell this is," she reached out and gently pulled a chair down the hall but suddenly lost control as it fell over and continued scooting down the hall.

"You have a special gift, one that can be used for great good or," Kyp paused just slightly, remembering his own experiences. "Or great evil."

"I don't even know who I am or where I come from," she said her voice raised earning the looks of a few onlookers.

"You need not raise you voice." Kyp sighed and laid his hand on her shoulder. He entered her unprotected mind with his own and transmitted images of Deyer when it was vibrant with life. The images were so life like it would be easy for Kyp to trap her here, to keep her in a reality that did not exist. "This is our homeworld, Deyer. Once upon a time it was a planet of colonists out on the fringes of the galaxy. Happy, content, and self-sufficient. They spoke out against the Empire's destruction of Alderaan and paid a great price."

Kyp transmitted images of the calm being destroyed by Imperial warships. Jane shuddered but he continued. Buildings being obliterated and civilians being shot down in cold blood. "They came and destroyed our planet and enslaved much of our people. You were not as fortunate."

He took images, less clear but moving nonetheless, from what he held of her own memories. "You and your parents were force sensitive and fought over the remaining food and water supplies. You too killed, destroyed, and oblierated to ensure your own survival. Where do you think you got all those scars from."

He moved back to his own recent memories. "This is Deyer now. Gone. Nothing left, except from you and me. I returned feeling a presence from my own past there." He showed the shadowy form of the long lost Sith Lord. "He had managed to possess your parents and drove them to do crazed things. I stopped him at a cost," Kyp paused and began to feel Jane going into unconsciousness. "I had to free your parents.....I'm sorry. They had slipped into insanity."

Kyp pulled free from Jane's mind as she began to fall limp to the floor. He had perfected the method but it was the way Kun would have done it. Master Skywalker was far better at being kind the the host.

"Why do I not remember all of that?" she said softly as Kyp propped her up against the wall.

"I tried to keep it from you. I wanted you to live a happy life. You deserve better and you shall receive just that. You must become a Jedi, you have great potential, Jane."

She was starting to come back to herself. "Who is Jane?"

For a moment Kyp was worried he had destroyed even more while poking around her mind. "I listed you have Jane Doe when I brought you to this facility to be treated for your wounds."

"I never liked Doe," she said rubbing her forehead.

"Perhaps a Deyer native name? How about, Orainn?"

"Much better."

Kyp lifted her from the floor and stood her up right. "Take it easy for a while. I'll find you when you must go to Coruscant. It shall be soon, make preparations," he said turning his robe fluttering behind him.

"I still have so many questions," she said in a raising voice.

"They can wait. I cannot be the one to teach you. I have a "student" who demands my attention. I will however ensure you are paired with a good Master. He or she will answer your questions when the time comes. Consider this the first lesson. Don't ask too many questions. You will learn everything you need in due time. Now please, do as I asked." With that Jane resigned to defeat and Kyp moved on towards his other concerns, Tseneca and Lucas.

Tseneca and Lucas were two levels down moving away from the ICU and he could sense that both of them were in better shape but also in conflict. He tried to follow their path but also keep distance. The two were in their own conversation and he choose not to intrude. Let them have it out, Kyp.

Back in the Saddle First Previous Next Latest

Pilot of the Modified RZ-1 A-Wing Interceptor Vigilance

"No change comes without conflict. Perhaps my destiny is to be the irritant that forces the discussion, the blister that lets you know your boots don't fit."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Mon, July 11th 2011 10:45pm    Post subject:

"Can you synthesize the treatment? Or am I merely wasting my breath?", Jase asked the doctor, his frustration growing. While the man had heard of Jase's condition, he had been hesitant to agree in making the treatment. Of the many things Jase loathed in the galaxy, uncertainty was usually on the top of the list of his pet peeves.

"Master Denora, according to these test results, you maybe have seven or eight years at best if you continue to refuse a transplant. You're simply exerting yourself too much. I can't speak for what the Jedi Order asks from a man of your standing, but I can tell you that you're simply getting too old to continue this kind of physical strain."

"While I can attest that your other physical results show you to be in excellent condition, you're simply placing too much strain on your heart. Now, there are plenty of matching donors for a transplant according to your results. You can even go with a top of the line artificial heart. Why would you keep using treatments that will only prolong the inevitable?"

Jase sighed and stood from the table, tightening his robes around him. He briefly thought of killing the doctor, simply for the way he was annoying him. The thought passed, a mere glimpse of a younger Jase who enjoyed the death he caused.

"The reason, doctor, is simply the choosing of a man that will not resign himself to mediocrity. I have always strived to be the best in whatever I accomplish. And I expect no less from my students. As a Jedi, I rely on my connection with the Force to be an example to those I mentor. What you cannot understand, is the Force is a living influence. The heart is simply too valuable in my connection to it."

"Were I to replace it, I would lose a significant portion of my talent. I would rather die in full control of my current abilities, then resign myself to an extended life with diminished power. I find no happy compromise in the latter."

The doctor shook his head and entered some data onto his terminal. "I'm afraid I can't understand your explanation, Master Denora. You Jedi always seem to choose mystery over logic. However, I cannot force a patient into a recommendation. I can have your requested number of doses ready by tomorrow morning."

"Very well.", Jase said flatly, not giving the doctor a chance to respond as he left the office. He needed to file his encounter on Bakura with the Council and his contacts in the New Republic.

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 12th 2011 04:08pm    Post subject:

The amount of people in Haze was... well, a lot. It was rush hour on the gambling circuit, and happy hour at the bar, so Sethe grabbed flagon, or rather three, and joined the fray.

It hadn't been too long since he'd last been here, and with a fairly good run winning wise. But the way he was drinking now, made him wonder why he hadn't noticed the spectacular architecture, the colorful lights and sounds Haze had to offer before now.

"Slow down tiger." A woman in a tight cut-out leotard had sidled up to him half way through the last round of sabacc, and she was petting his hair and the outgrow of his beard with nails that tingled to the touch. He smiled inwardly. They were lightly tinged with Durac, a type of date-rape drug he knew came from shadda. Fancy that, he'd thought it was the neuroleptics that were making him dizzy. Nope... just a high rolling whore.

She pulled the drink from his hand and continued to scrape her nails along the edge of his jaw while he watched a Duro he'd been keeping his eye on run his hands along the edges of his cards, and successfully beat his opponent. He'd sat this one out, to watch, and to take note. He took the hand of the prostitute and pulled it away from his face, growling a little. Drunk with the alcohol, the twinge of dizziness the Durac was giving him, and the powerful idea that he was in charge of his future from here on out, he rose, dumping the woman off of his lap and ignoring her petite noise of indignity. He took the opponents seat across from the Duro, who, he had learned, went by the name Fix Cado.

The Duro looked at him, brow ridge furrowed. He said something in Durese to his friend, and then leaned forward, wrinkling the space where his nose should be. His eyes caught Sethe with a look that was most certainly distaste.

"You good for this?" Fix hissed in common.

Sethe was drunk, but not that drunk. He tossed a few chits on the table. Fix gave him a hard look, but then nodded and the game started.

The first round went easily enough, withe the ante upped a few times and Sethe doing his best to bluff Fix out. But the cards were not the reason for his newfound conviction. He happened to know that Fix Cado had in his possetion a transport frigate loaded down with gods-knew-what in conspicuous cargo heading to corouscant in a matter of days. So, instead of worrying about winning the game for money, Sethe was playing for passage.

But the end of the third hand, fix was sweating hard, or at least, he was doing the Duro equivalent of the excersize. Sethe had never used a Skifter... he'd never had to. And even inebrated as he was, the Idiots Array he held in his hand was so advantageous he didn't even need to bluff his way out.

The whore, still hoping for a score, hissed behind his left ear. "You win this one, i might have to charge you extra, stud."

He snorted and shook her off. She flipped her hair haughtily and gave him the space he wanted. He looked across at Fix, and at the ante, which was stacked on the table between them.

"Want me to cut you a break, Cado?"

The Duro snorted derisively. "You're going to drive it in harder, eh? You're a lucky man, but this is my game."

"Bluffing." Sethe called it, and Fix's eyes flashed in what he took as a confirmation. The Duro was swamped. Sethe gestured to the pot. "You can have that." He said, picking over his cards absently. "All I need is off the city."

The Duro looked incredulous. "Putting yourself up for cargo? awfully little of you."

Sethe glared, and put his hand down. The Array glittered in all of its trumping glory. Fix groaned and tossed his hand haphazardly back on the table. Folding like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

"Fine. What do you want?" The Duro said.

"7% and passage to Corouscant." Sethe said, and accepted a drink brought to him off his tab. He gulped it down and wiped his face on his sleeve, aware of how he looked but not caring."

"Forget the 7%." Fix reached forward and shuffled the credits off of the table and into his purse. "You can have the passage."

Sethe looked at the man, his anger rising. He leaned forward, lowering his voice. "The 7% I won fair and square. Don't give me the shit end of it, just because I chopped your ass."

Fix leaned over and spoke to his friend in Durese, then looked back at Sethe. "Price of fuel, Bhren. You want the ride, you got the ride, but the winnings are mine." He plopped the purse into the lap of his associate, and began to stand, removing himself from the table.

Sethe stood too, only instead of the grace that matched Fix Cado, he shoved his chair to the side and swiped the cards off of the table, slamming his fist down.

"Don't frakking cheat me, Cado, I swear..."

Fix shook his head and leaned over the table so the two of them were faced off. They were beginning to draw a crowd and Sethe could see the security on the other end of the bar start to cycle forward. The music was going still, so people were wondering if keeping an eye of such a distraction was worth it. Fix lowered his voice.

"I like you Bhren. But you're drunk, Not to mention you smell like a bantha. Now why don't you take off with you're little toy." he gestured to the prostitute, who was now pretending she's never seen Sethe in her life. "And we'll talk about this another time."

Suddenly flooded with rage, Sethe reached forward, grabbed the back of Fix's head, and slammed it down onto the Sabacc table.
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, July 12th 2011 04:42pm    Post subject:

Tseneca looked down, and caught the presence of Kyp speaking with a woman toward the end of the corridor. It was comforting, having him around again. She looked back at Lucas. Our little family has become so broken...

"I know." She said.

They continued down the corridor in silence, but then, suddenly, there was a commotion. A few people were headed outside the double doors of Haze casino, tottering on their heels and giving themselves as much distance as they could.

"What the hell...?" Lucas muttered. They quickened their pace, pushing through the doors in time to see Sethe, drunk as a Mimbanite, scrappling with two very fierce looking Duros toward the back of the room.

Tseneca stood, dumbstruck as Sethe threw a punch at the taller creature, hitting him square in the cheek, while the other one shoved him hard into one of the other Sabacc tables before grabbing him by the arms and hauling him upward and throwing him back down against the table. A scantily clad woman shrieked as he nearly pummled into her, and tottered away.

"Son of a Bitch" She sprang forward, running over to where Sethe was and grabbing him bodily before he could lunge himself again at the Duro. She felt Lucas use the force to hold the creatures back, and held on tightly using all of her strength and most of her force abilities to hold Sethe back in turn. She yelled at him, trying to get him to stop.

"What the Frag are you doing!? are you insane!?" She yelled and pulled him farther backwards, he was struggling so mightily she felt the bandages around her face and arms pull. This was not what she wanted to do right now, far from it.

"Get off!" Sethe yelled. His speech was slightly slurred and he smelled like cheep purfume and a shit ton of alcohol. She was supporting most of his weight anyway, as he tried to get to his feet.

"Oh, hell no." She countered, and continued to retain him. He moved to throw her off of him, but she shoved him hard against the wall, using both her body weight and the force. He spat on the ground, blood mixed with saliva, and continued his fight to get at the Duros. That was when she smacked him, flat handed and hard, across his cheek.

He stopped. He looked at her, dumbfounded and shocked. But at least he had stopped.

Lucas had come forward and was showing the Duros the palm of his hand, expressing a stern need for them to back off. The casino security was moving around the edges of the circle, wondering if they should interfere. The shorter Duro straightened and tugged his jacket back into place, suddenly prim. He took his purse from his associate and tossed it to the floor. The chits inside it clattered.

"Take your 7% Bhren." The Durro hissed, wiping a gash above his brow. "Take all of it. But there's no way in hell you're not getting on my ship."

The creature pushed a few of Sethe's creds into the hands of the security guards, gesturing to Sethe and saying something curt that they couldn't hear. Then the bustle of the casino resumed as if the fight had never happened. Lucas walked to the security guards and gave them some explanation they bought easily. The tables were righted, the spills wiped up, and order relatively restored.

Lucas strode back over. Tseneca had released a still seething, but otherwise sedate Sethe.

"What the Hell were you thinking?" Lucas spat out at him, furious. "Is this how you keep a low profile."

"Watch it, Jediboy." Sethe shoved Lucas hard. "Get off my frakking back."

"Hey!" Tseneca grabbed Sethe roughly by the arm, but he shook her off hard.

"You get the hell away from me." He looked at her, his eyes were hard and flashed with so much anger and hurt that she pulled back, stunned. She felt like a cold sliver of metal had lodged in her chest.

He straightened his torn jacket and stormed out of the casino, bending only once to retrieve the purse where it still lay on the carpeted floor.

Tag: alex
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Tue, July 12th 2011 08:08pm    Post subject:

Sara moved through the streets of Bespin, H6 had seperated and left for one of the local hospitals in Cloud City. H6 knew this place more than she, so she let him take off while she took in the sites. Her lightsaber was safely hidden away but within reach. Instead her blaster was in it's holster ready to -- that's when she realized she had lost her blaster on Bakura during the attack. Frak, she muttered in her head. She sighed and closed her eyes, forcing herself to relax; then stretching her senses to encompass the city. She quickly felt the presence of the crew, though it was somewhat difficult with the varying emotions of the city. Thats when she felt another presence, something completely foreign yet fully known to her. It wasn't on Cloud City or Bespin for that matter. Somewhere far away, faint but there. She didn't know how long she'd been out of it, but she was brought back to it with a familiar voice behind her, for the time being she cast aside her feelings on the presence.

Tag: Anyone Had this written up a few days ago on Titanpad, it hung there while I waited for someone to also join up and try out a reply...That didn't happen :p
Sara Soto First Previous Next Latest

Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Tue, July 12th 2011 09:40pm    Post subject:

”One, please.” Morgan said as he walked through the entrance to the buffet. Right off the bat, he could tell the employee standing there wasn’t quite sure what to think, with Morgan standing their fully armed and armored.

”Is there a problem?” Morgan asked.
”I think you scare him.” ZIM said.

“ah…hem…” The man said as he tried to figure out what to say. “You’re not with…Cloud City…security, are you?”

”No, I’m just very hungry.” Morgan replied. ”Are you going to let me eat, or not?”

“I…don’t think we can.” The man said hesitantly. “I don’t think we can let you in here with that much weaponry.”
”How about I put it this way for you?” Morgan said, but he was interrupted before he could continue.

“Please don’t hurt me!” the man said, worried that Morgan was going to use force.

Morgan realized he had one his hands on a blaster.

”I’m not going to hurt you!” Morgan said, annoyed. ”You hear of Bakura? It just got invaded by Darra Zend. You may have heard of her. I just came from there. I’ve had hardly anything to eat since it started. Now if you don’t mind, I’d like to take some time to just sit down and rectify that situation before I really start to get cranky.”
”Yeah, that’ll convince him you’re not going to hurt him.”

Tag: Orrion Carn (If you're looking for somewhere to come in, feel free to use this as an opening.)
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Wed, July 13th 2011 02:29am    Post subject:

Sara moved towards a one-sided argument in a restaurant several feet behind her. She looked towards the rising voice as desperate pleas for life were made to an armored man, though she could only feel half of a man, the other half clearly being robotic. He was denying that he wanted to harm the pleading man and just wanted some food, continually saying that he was only hungry from an encounter on Bakura. Bakura, eh? Sara thought. He certainly sounded like someone from the temporary encampment, and hauled enough weaponry to come out of it alive.
Clearly though, an armored cyborg saying he didn’t mean any harm wasn’t something the man cowering in front of him wanted to take heed to. Sara could feel the cyborg was sincere in his words; gently pulling her lightsaber out from hiding and approached.
“Problem here?” she asked calmly, making her lightsaber apparent. On closer inspection, the cyborg was one who had accompanied Master Denora when he and the other Jedi arrived at camp. He was fairly relaxed with Tseneca as well.
Away from the cowering man’s gaze, her right eye winked at the cyborg. “There you are. Tseneca has been looking all over for you. Have you found a replacement for that that blown power conduit yet?” Sara gazed around the establishment, quickly taking in it’s buffet attraction. “Right. You haven’t eaten.” She sighed, none of them had eaten since Bakura. “I’ll join you.”

She looked towards at the man, who at the sight of a Jedi seemed to ease. “Don’t worry, he’s with me. Chief mechanic aboard a ship I’m on.” Sara coolly tapped the robotic side of the man, hoping he didn’t mind. “Being part robot helps with mechanics - naturally. We just got off Bakura, like he just said, and we haven’t had time to armor down.” She looked at the cyborg, she gave him a firm smile to reassure him she’d fabricated stories before while she was on the run. “Two plates, please. I’ll pay and assure you we just want a meal. You can trust a Jedi, correct?”

The man nodded, relaxed and Sara knew the situation was averted. Sara handed him credits to cover the cost, and told him to keep the change for the trouble, she turned to the cyborg with a scowl until the man was out of earshot. “Come’on. We can talk at the table. I actually am part of Tseneca’s crew, by the way.” She nodded to the cyborg, “Sara Soto.”

Tag: Space Jawa

Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, July 14th 2011 09:50pm    Post subject:

”Morgan ZIM.” Morgan replied, trying to offer her a handshake. ”I just met Tseneca on the planet and caught a ride with her off that hellhole.”

Eager to get at the food as quickly as possible, he headed straight for the main courses, filling up his plate with as much as he could, mostly in the form of various meats.

”Thanks for that, by the way.” He said, though he didn’t think to really check if Sara was still nearby. ”I planned to swipe something from the Star Destroyer while I was sneaking around on it, but unfortunately, things didn’t pan out as I planned.”

He ignored the various glances he was getting from the other customers, concerning himself more with his imminent meal and finding a table to eat it at, hoping that if he had lost track of Sara, he’d be able to find her again.
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Thu, July 14th 2011 10:07pm    Post subject:

By Dryas’ assessment, the rooms they had acquired for however long Denora planned for them to stay at Cloud City were suitable. He just hoped Denora felt the same way, for what it was worth. They were on the less expensive side of the scale, but still were decent enough for what the Jedi needed them for, and offered an opening that lead out to a balcony. Less for the view and more so that if something were to go wrong, they’d have an easy exit besides the main entranceway.

”Hopefully, though, it won’t come to that.” Dryas thought as he searched for Denora. He really didn’t understand why they had stopped here. If they needed to contact the council, he would have thought that they should have headed straight for Coruscant. But at Cloud City, there really wasn’t anything for them to do, aside from relax. And that was something that he didn’t see as being the best use of their time.

Considering that he had recently been knighted, Dryas considered that he could have left at any time if he wanted. That was part of what being a Knight was, wasn’t it? Going out and taking the prerogative to deal with situations that needed the Jedi’s attention? He could have gone out and tried to do something that would aid the Union’s efforts in the war.

However, he had also taken up Denora’s training offer. Even if it had come with a promotion to full knighthood, it would not be in his own best interests to just up and leave all of the sudden. Denora was a Jedi Master and a member of the council. Dryas would have to trust he knew what he was doing.

”Where could he be…” Dryas pondered as he searched, reaching out through the Force to see if it would help his search, even if such tricks weren’t his strong suit.

Expand
 Back to top »
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Fri, July 15th 2011 02:50am    Post subject:

Sara took Morgan’s hand and gave it a firm shake before moving into the buffet. She found that he enjoyed the sight of food thoroughly, so she didn’t attempt to keep up with him as he filled his plate. She caught that he’d know her on Bakura and managed a ride off the planet - and apparently the Star Destroyer as well.
“Wasn’t a problem.” Sara nodded to his thanks. She collected just some Corellian fried noodles that had bits of meat and vegetables mixed in. It smelled delicious enough, and if Corellians had made anything apparent about their culture, one of them was their spicy dishes.
Sara didn’t have to worry about losing Morgan to the crowd, she made sure to keep a loose sense on him, making it easy for her to locate the table he was choosing to sit at. With a cup of none other than Muja Juice in her hand she pulled a seat out.

“Bounty hunter I’m assuming?”

Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Sat, July 16th 2011 04:48am    Post subject:

”That I am.” Morgan said. He then took of his helmet, put it on the table, and began to dig into his meal.

”How did she ever guess?” ZIM said in a snarky tone, but Morgan ignored him. He was far too interested in the food that was finally allowing him to sate his hunger.

“Figured you were.” Sara replied, pointing her fork at Morgan’s little arsenal he was carrying around.

”Like I said…”

“Funny thing is…” Morgan said, talking with a mouth full of food, but then finishing chewing it and swallowing. “None of the blasters are even mine. Swiped ‘em from the Star Destroyer.”

He chuckled at the thought, ignoring the part where the whole Star Destroyer thing had nearly gotten him killed, then went back to his food.

“E-11s and all?” Sara asked, but unlike Morgan, she finished the food in her mouth before she started talking. “Good weapons after some modifications. I have a friend who uses it as his weapon of choice."

Deciding to follow the womans lead, Morgan finished chewing before he replied.

”Must be some nifty modifications. Never found the gun to be much to my liking when I have a real choice. Not a fan of the accuracy.”

"One of the said modifications." She said.

Morgan had to take a big bite out of his next attempted mouthful, letting most of if fall back to the plate as he found her saying less than he had expected.

”Of course.” Morgan said. ”So what’s he do with it? New barrel? Some sort of chip-assisted aiming? Is there a switch on it or something?”

“Not sure, really.” Sara said as she began to twirl some noodles. "I just knew that assassin was a good shot."

Morgan stopped mid-bite as the woman mentioned ‘assassin’.

”You don’t think she means Badim, do you?”

He wasn’t sure if that was the case, but he figured it couldn’t hurt to ask. He swallowed preemptively to clear his mouth, and after a touch of trouble swallowing and a bit of coughing, he checked to see if it really was the coincidence he thought it might be.

”Your friend, he happen to have a name?” Morgan asked.

Surprisingly, her reaction wasn’t what Morgan would have hoped for, her eyes going wide as she heard the cyborgs question.

“Depends. You wouldn't happen to have it in for this man you're thinking of, would you?” She said, and indicated to her lightsaber.

”I don’t think so.” Morgan said, clearing his throat. ”I generally don’t hold a lot of grudges.”

“Badim Soliding” She said, though Morgan could tell she was still hesitant, and not just because of how close she was coming to throwing her lightsaber around.

”Well what do you know?”

”You’re kiddin’.” Morgan said. ”That is the strangest thing. This is a small galaxy.”

“How so?” Sara asked.
”Over the past couple weeks, I seem to keep running into people who know the guy. I suppose it makes sense that he’d have connections, I just can’t believe I never suspected I might actually run into one of ‘em. Or two. Or three.”

(Joint Post Approved)
Sara Soto
Orrion Carn

Post Posted: Sat, July 16th 2011 04:22pm    Post subject:

Sara couldn‘t believe how loosely she‘d used her friend’s description like she did. With a cautious hand to her lightsaber, her mind open to Morgan’s thoughts and emotions, which up to this point was confusion, surprise and some glee. She had to be sure. "And he doesn't have one of you're grudges?" Sara asked skeptically.

"No, not at all."

Sara’s expression hardened slightly, concentrating on Morgan’s emotions to give away his true intent.
"No need to get defensive," He said plainly, taking a smaller bite than before so he didn‘t choke on it this time. He cleared his throat and his mind turned to remembrance. "We've worked together. Did a few jobs back in the day. More recently I helped him get back together his girlfriend. Or help her get back together with him. Either way. Clare Velez, I think her name was?"

"That's her," Sara sighed and returned to her food, convinced he couldn't have guessed Clare's name out of the blue. A little more relaxed, feeling the same from Morgan, she asked. "So what jobs did you two work on?"

"Oh, this and that. Mostly they were jobs he normally could do it by himself, but his boss didn't trust him to bring in the target alive. Basically, I was holding his leash." He chuckled at his own joke. They both knew it was a bad one at that and she couldn‘t help but chuckle herself. "You know, seeing as I'm a bounty hunter rather than an assassin, it was my job to make sure he wasn't killing the people we were going after."

"Sounds like that was before he turned away from the senseless killing." She shot back with a smile and a raised eyebrow, though it stung with a bad memory on how the two had first met at the Meltdown Cafe. "Maybe you knocked the sense in him. Have you seen him recently?"

Morgan nodded. "Yeah. That's what I was saying where I helped him and his girlfriend get back together. I'd say that was in the past couple weeks or so."

Sara nodded. It all matched up. So unless he was really good at fabricating stories and getting the names right, he was legit. She took another small bite of her food and finally reveled in getting some food in her after so long.

Jonas Eisley
Alex

Post Posted: Sun, July 17th 2011 04:04am    Post subject:

Bespin had never been a place of dull activity, but Jonas couldn't help but feel a little vulnerable on Cloud City. The last time he was here, Valexxia had warped his mind, and the more he dedicated time to thinking about it, the less he could remember. It seemed she was always out of reach and to make it worse, the only one who knew the answers, had jumped ship on Bakura. Jonas curled the last of the reps, examining his muscle tone in the mirror, before jumping into the shower to wash away the sweat he had accumulated across his body during the workout. A soft scrub, before a sonic dryer cleansed the rest of his body.

He picked out a clean set of his clothes, presumably cleaned by the hotel staff, before taking a walk across the upper deck. He managed to see a few incoming shipments, some of the ports reminded him of the days with Boots, earning his fare and dedicating his time to picking up the trade of the shipping industry. Recently they had run into one of the largest shipping tycoons in the industry, Han Solo, only the man was killed in an explosion by the Imperial war droid. It was a terrible loss, and he was sure the galaxy would feel it.

Jonas stopped at a vending machine, sliding what credits he had in his pockets, to retrieve a cold beverage. It refreshed his senses while he listened to a couple of Toydarians yak about an upcoming podrace. He had never realized how much he liked the sport, until he wasn't around it any more. In fact, on Iego, he had promised to enter the races and make a name of himself.

It might've been strange why that didn't mean anything to him any more, but given everything that had happen in the time he had left, it really wasn't. He had changed so much. His career in the shipping industry was shot to hell, and while he had been on Denon to check his inheritance, Nico had stopped him from accessing that information, then she blew the bank. His assets were frozen, and now he was as poor as a dead man's pockets. He hated relying on the crew, namely Lucas and Tseneca for credits. It wasn't in his character, it wasn't the way he liked to operate. Since he was a kid, he worked long and hard for a freighter crew's slop. His belly was full with the satisfaction of a long work day.

For a while, he had grown accustomed to the expensive suites and luxury buffets. Buffets, a poor man's term for a never-ending supply of food. Jonas had taken pride in his recent company over months passed, but how it had changed him, perhaps bothered him a bit. He was dependent now more than ever, but in a way, that he could not leave this lifestyle. He had grown attached to the glory, the missions of justice and honor. It might be glorified to sound that way, but they had done their fair share of adventures with justly results.

In the distance a long streak in the clouds as a orange-red cloudcar sped across the sky. Jonas sighed and turned his back on the beauty of the gas giant, preferring to return to the inner life of Cloud City. He rotated the elevator dial, selecting the casino floors. It was a favorite place of his Kuati noble. Lucas had been warmer recently, but still, the pair hadn't embraced outside of their kiss on the battlefield, and Jonas was beginning to think it was out of desperation, believing they were soon-to-be-doomed. The doors hissed, the loud chatter as a couple of Duros cleaned themselves up, with Sethe retreating in the distance followed closely by Tseneca and Lucas.

Jonas skipped over the floor and running through the crowds that had formed, then reformed at the tables in order to catch them. Tseneca was the first to catch his eye, but he knew Lucas sensed him before she turned to glance. "Jonas!"

Lucas tossed his weight around him. Jonas hugged back, pulling his body tightly around him as Tseneca stopped for a moment. "How's Coral?"

"I didn't check on her, actually." Jonas admitted, "Has anyone, well aside from-" He pointed towards the anger-filled figure disappearing into a elevator. Whatever happened, Sethe was not pleased.

Lucas shook his head, "No, but I think you and I should talk."

Jonas looked at him and nodded. "I think that might be about right."

Tseneca, "We all need to talk.... I don't even know what our normal is.... if we ever even had it." She added sarcastically and disappeared for the turbolifts.

"What did you want to talk about?" Jonas asked, curiously, though tried to play it off as though he wasn't too interested.

"Nothing, really. At least, not yet. I think we have a lot to sort out on our own, yes?" He seemed to dismiss the feelings entirely, grabbing at a passing waitress, in order to snatch two drinks from the disk she was carrying. Jonas grabbed one, clinked the other glass, and downed a drink. "Tables, slots or cards?"

Tseneca was right, they didn't have a normal. "Cards."
 Back to top »
Morgan ZIM
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, July 18th 2011 10:46pm    Post subject:

”Now if you’ll excuse me for a moment…” Morgan said with a burp, tilting his plate up to show that it was empty.

“Of course” Sara replied, indicating that she was still picking away at her first plate.

Morgan didn’t take long to get his second helpings, filling his plate with much the same food as he had the first time around and in the same quantity.

”So, where were we?” He asked as he sat down.

Sara swallowed what was in her mouth before continuing.

“Badim?” She asked.

”Ah, yes.” Morgan replied.
”I thought we were looking for a more specific answer.”
Like what?”

"So you're the one who kept him in check?" Sara replied, answering for ZIM. She sounded doubtful with her words, though in a teasing manner.

”Eh, not exactly.” Morgan said between a couple of bites. ”More just ensured we brought back his targets alive rather than in a body bag. For what few missions we worked together. It wasn’t very often that his body needed people brought in alive but didn’t trust anyone but Badim to be responsible for bringing them in.”

He washed his mouth out before continuing.

”So what about you? How’d you say you know him?”

To Morgans surprise, Sara hesitated in answering, taking time to think about it.

"Well, I was one of his targets back on Nar Shaddaa." She said.

”That doesn’t sound good.” Morgan said.

“It wasn’t.” She replied, and closed her eyes as he talked to better concentrate. "It happened in the Meltdown Cafe a few years ago. He chased me down to the roof of the building, I was standing on the edge and he opted to reason with me instead.”

She pulled out a locket for some purpose of demonstration.

“He told me that Urnath Dirod wanted my locket as proof of my death, so I took a chance and gave it to him and was on the run for two years. He found me again under a different name, black hair-“ She tugged at her now-red hair “And I went on his ship because he had said he was looking for Sara Soto, as I was Diann Reeves at the time. To give back the locket after having killed Dirod. Long story short, we left to track down Badim after he was nabbed by another assassin working for Candrog De'lotre. We freed him and I revealed my identity, and if he turned out he wanted to kill me instead, I'd at least have Tseneca and her crew to cover me."

She gestured again to the locket.

"Obviously he meant what he said."

”Hmm.” Morgan said, looking at the locket. ”Guess we can all be glad that Badim took a turn for the better.”
”Wimped out, if you ask me.”
”You want to tell him that?”
”Can’t.”

”Out of curiosity.” Morgan said, swallowing a chunk of food. ”What’s with the locket? I worked for Dirod a couple times, mostly with Badim, and he didn’t come across as that stupid a businessman. Didn’t he reason that Badim could have just stolen the locket and claimed he killed you?”

“Badim hadn't double-crossed him up until the Meltdown Cafe.” Sara said. “Badim told me he'd have spies watching him and making sure he did what he was told”

She took a sip of her drink before continuing.

“That and Dirod got tired of all the dead bodies entering his office.” She said humorously.

”Oh…kay then.” Morgan said, not quite understanding what Sara meant, but figuring it was probably for the best.
Jase Denora
Jase

Post Posted: Tue, July 19th 2011 02:32pm    Post subject:

Jase walked the streets of Cloud Cit in quiet contemplation. He needed to get the word out about the invasion of Bakura, if it hadn't been spread already. Everything within his strategic reasoning told him the Empire may try to strike here next. With such a plentiful and well known supply of Tibanna gas, it could only be a matter of time.

The fact that he had to wait a full day to receive his treatments made him uneasy. That and a sudden presence in the Force. It entered his realm of perception like a bad taste, a connection he wished to forget he had. Jade... She couldn't possibly be here looking for him? No, she had left the Order before becoming that advanced in her Force abilities. It had to be a pure coincidence.

The only one of his children to inherit his talents; and much more impetuous than he had remembered his son being. The way she had tried to enter his academy, then dared to blame him for failing the entrance exam. And now, without speaking in four years, they were once again on the same planet together.

In what was likely to be the most dangerous sector of civilized space.

Jase sighed and shook his head.If Jade wanted to carve her path so badly, she would have to learn the hard way. He would avoid her for the time being. If the Empire did show up here and she was still on Cloud City, she would have to prove herself to survive.

As he reflected on his distaste for his daughter's presence, he felt another familiar one reaching for him. Recognizing it as the tentative signature of Dryas, he closed his eyes and reached into the young Bothan's mind.

"Dryas, meet me at the New Republic embassy"

Tag: Space Jawa

Jedi Master- Jedi Council

Force Specialty: Precision Force Manipulation

Saber Form(s): Vapaad, Denora Akimbo Style

Favored Techniques Force Choke, Telekinesis, Shatterpoint, Force Lightning[/b]

Combat Skills: Close combat, sabotage, multi-weapon usage, ship to ship[/b]

"Master the Force. Master your emotions. With these two tools, you will be feared by your enemies and your peers. Nothing else matters for the strong."

Please, please, PLEASE...... do not open the box....

Expand
 Back to top »
Dryas Quy'teff
Space Jawa

Post Posted: Mon, August 08th 2011 02:17pm    Post subject:

Answering his question, Denora reached out and found Dryas instead, giving the Bothan the location he could be found. While he didn’t run to the location, Dryas made what speed he could, and quickly located Denora once he arrived.

“We’ve secured rooms.” He said once he had found the Jedi Master. “Though if I might ask, is there a reason we’re staying here on Bespin?”

Expand
 Back to top »
Tseneca Lowry-Fink
Jess

Post Posted: Tue, August 09th 2011 05:23pm    Post subject:

Tseneca gave the boys a backward wave halfhearteldly as she headed for the lifts, leaving them to their own devices.

She stung. The way Sethe had reeled on her felt like a bucket of ice water poured down her spine. His eyes...

She crossed her arms over her chest, unconsciously armoring. Sithspit. This whole thing was a collossal mess, wasn't it.

its what you wanted

a small voice in her head reminded her of this and she shook her head, hoping to deny it. But it was true. In her grief over Emmett, her pregnancy and in coming to terms with her newfound force abilities shed grabbed hold of Sethe as if he were a life vessel. Now, in the aftermath of his illness, in fear of both his potential and who he was in general made her want to tear the whole thing apart. And what was so wrong with a night of passion and tenderness in the wake of heartbreak? So she'd sabotaged it. Her legitimate fear of the beast inside him, and the rake that was there before the disease had taken hold, along with the knowledge that he loved her. A fact which scared her the most. So she'd hurt him terribly, and in turn he cut her back, in blows that made her want to shrivel up and die. It was for the best.

The lift plunked on her floor and she exited, heading to her room. She slid inside and shut the door quietly behind her. It was the same suite as last time, the same one where she'd watched the dawn cast its special light on him. He'd turned around and looked at him with such hope.

She stripped off her jacket and boots, padding to the 'fresher for something other than the twilight. She caught herself in the mirror and groaned a little. she looked absolutely frightful. Her hair was matted and streaked with blood and dirt, and half of her face was covered in dingy bandages while the other half was swollen and purple. She should have stayed in the infirmary like Coral and Kris, then maybe they would have been able to clean her up a little better.

She washed her hands and started peeling at the bandages that encompassed her face. The linen clung the wound and sent fire up into her skull, but she pressed on, slowly pulling the gauze away layer by layer.

When at last the bandages were free, she lifted her eyes to the mirror. She gasped audibly. Tiny rivulets of blood dripping from her cheeks where the burn had reopened, but that wasn't the half of it. Her face was, as she had suspected, literally mulch. At least the right half of it was. It looked like a pound of raw meat had taken the place of her skin, and trailed ruthlessly down her neck and across her nose. Her eye on that side was, thankfully, unaffected, but black and blue, hewn shut by her swollen face.

She swallowed, but continued to look. She's never considered herself a beauty... she knew she was attractive, perhaps pretty, but never beautiful no matter what Emmett or Sethe had said. Someone like Coral, for example, was deservedly gorgeous, with exotic coloring and striking eyes. But she had dark brown hair, blue eyes almost to wide for her face and a pert little nose. She was cute. Not beautiful.

And certainly not now.

She turned on the faucet and braced herself on the sink, her hands closing around its porcelain sides and she watched the trails of old and new blood wash down the drain. It wouldn't matter what kind of cosmetic surgery was done, what kind of bacta was applied, her face would never be the same again. She shook out of her vanity, jolted straight and fished in her pocket for the bacta she's swiped. She examined the label more closely than she had in the infirmiry. Telethmus Bacta it read. Acrid Bacta.

She threw the jar down, furious, and it shattered against the tile of the 'fresher pouring and coagulating along the molding. She half expected it to eat through the floor. Frakking Son of a Bitch Dmtir had already began manufacturing the stuff before they'd shut down his operation. How many others had bought the shit, knowing or not, that it was gleaned from the bodies of dead Vratix?

She cursed loudly and stormed back into her room, kicking the desk chair out from under its desk as she went, her rage subsiding into a hollowness that threatened to crack her. She spread out on the bed, hot tears pouring out of her and sizzling into the putrid mess of her face. Everything was breaking, as if it had never been solid to begin with. Bakura had only been the start of a downward spiral and when they needed most to come together, her little wayward family was breaking apart at the seams. This was why she'd always wanted to be alone, so she couldn't hurt anyone... so they couldn't hurt her. This was why she'd never wanted a team to fight on.

She turned to her side, watching the mists of clouds roll by past her window. Whats done was done. Whatever was coming, there was no stopping it.

If anyone wants to co-op, just burst through the door... ya'll seem to have had no problem with that in the past :D Kyp, you still have my lightsaber

Tag: kyp, alex, Orrion Carn, Space Jawa, Jase
 Back to top »
Sethe Bhren
Jess

Post Posted: Wed, August 10th 2011 02:31pm    Post subject:

Sethe had to admit to himself that he was, in fact, utterly tanked. how many of those drinks had he had? He couldn't remember. His fists were sore from diving head first into a fight the back of his mind said the fight probably could have been avoided. But that part of his brain was temporarily unprepossed.

And he'd yelled at Tseneca. The worst part was that he meant what he'd said.

He stopped mid stride down the long busy thoroughfare of Bespin nightlife. Turned on his heel and strode back to the turbo lifts. A voice stopped him.

"thats one hell of a way to commission a ship."

He turned around, looking about. Hunched in a doorway, a human spacer with jet black hair and a tight grin shadowed by well groomed facial hair barred himself, arms folded. He wasn't a man of small stature, in fact he was rather large, broad shoulders and muscular. Looking him over, Sethe assessed that he would be fairly difficult to contend with in a fight. His green eyes glittered under heavy brows. Were Sethe to judge his character based on first impressions, and were he not entirely drunk, he might have placed the man as being too clever for his get-up and not one to be trifled with.

"Money owed. All's fair." Sethe said shrugging.

The man pushed himself from the wall and strode over to Sethe who stood stalk still. He was taller than sethe by a few centimeters, but the difference made itself known, even as Sethe drew himself up. The man was too close for comfort. Eyes never leaving Sethe's, he thrust a hand forward.

"Jairon Blake." The man said. "I pilot the freighter Tesseret "

As If Sethe was supposed to know what that was. " Sethe Bhren. Never heard of it." He mumbled and took the man's hand. Blake winced visibly.

"Never? Really? thing runs the Kessel faster than the Millenium Falcon."

Sethe eyed him. "Somehow I doubt that."

Blake shrugged. "Point is, I saw you win that card game fair and square. Im no advocate for injustices, especially gaming ones. You need a ride, I'll get you there."

Sethe reclined his head, trying to get a better look at the man. "Whats in it for you?"

Blake patted the breast pocket of Sethe's jacket. "Your winnings. No questions asked."

Sethe considered this for a second, but his mind felt fuzzy. "... No questions asked..." He repeated.

Blake grinned. "Take it or leave it, Bhren."

Sethe discontinued his hesitation. He pulled the purse out of his pocket and plunked it down into Blakes outstreatched palm. "Take it." he said and Blake pocketed the credits and slung an arm across Sethe's shoulder.

"Good man." Blake said, jostling him a bit in a friendly way. "We'll take off in the morning." he had a glint in his eye that Sethe didn't trust entirely. But then again, didn't everyone have that? "C'mon, I'll buy you a drink."
 Back to top »
Star Wars: Unity Forum Index » Outer Rim » Bespin: Cloud City
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: